Call of Duty: Black Ops PC

5.2

1. Jul 17, 2013
    I find the game a fair FPS, however, it is not too special. In my opinion, it is the worst of the main Call of Duty games. Now, I will admit that I like the Call of Duty games, but this is one that is mostly mediocre to me. The campaign was very stereotypical and did nothing spectacular except for the Vorkuta and WMD missions. Also, the multiplayer made almost no improvements from MW2I find the game a fair FPS, however, it is not too special. In my opinion, it is the worst of the main Call of Duty games. Now, I will admit that I like the Call of Duty games, but this is one that is mostly mediocre to me. The campaign was very stereotypical and did nothing spectacular except for the Vorkuta and WMD missions. Also, the multiplayer made almost no improvements from MW2 which had made major improvements over the past CoD games. To make matters worse, they had added the CoD points system which I absolutely despise. If I unlock a gun when I level up, I want to be able to use it, not have to buy it. However, this game does have some positives that make up for these mistakes. I found a lot of the map designs unique which set them apart from the others. Also, I found it cool how you could customize your soldier with face paint and change their appearance based on the first perk. Lastly, the Zombies maps were very enjoyable and put a good conclusion to the Zombies story. You may not agree, but I think this is a fair rating for an OK FPS. Expand
  2. Aug 10, 2013
    Maybe I was just so looking forward to this game, but what a let down. Awful graphics, terrible shot recognition, claustrophobic maps, useless weapons. Tryarch games are garbage compared to Infinity Ward. Absolutely awful...
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    First bad installment in the series since CoD 3. It seemed like a step forward first: the trailers featured new interesting content, plot of the campaign looked like serious thing and there are not too much good shooters about Cold War era's covert operations and even about war in Vietnam. These things persisted in the final versions, the problem was there was almost nothing else to show!First bad installment in the series since CoD 3. It seemed like a step forward first: the trailers featured new interesting content, plot of the campaign looked like serious thing and there are not too much good shooters about Cold War era's covert operations and even about war in Vietnam. These things persisted in the final versions, the problem was there was almost nothing else to show! Now the CoD 4 formula worked bad as it was tiresome for the players. Developers needed to make something new, a little revolution in the series. Treyarch tried. But wager matches (all but gungame) quickly got boring, the money system become something strange and didn't settle down, etc. All these new features were just the holey cover for the old MW1. On PC, the rudimentary and outdated dedicated servers system was introduced, and I hate this fact. Still, the game re-introduced hilarious and interesting Zombies mode. But it's not worth buying. Expand
  4. Apr 25, 2014
    Always the same **** SP sucks as always, MP ts based too much on chance. All you can do is increase the chance of doing well in MP if you are skilled, but you will still die too much because of all the **** running around with noobtubes and knifing everyone.
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    Good god, avoid this like the plauge. This game relies too heavily on the multiplayer which bores me with repetitive crap that isn't fun in the slightest, and the missions on campaign (The campaign is supposed to be a highlight of a game, not the multiplayer, am I right?) Terrible AI frustrates you, lack of weapons and predictable story beats you up yet the missions were so long andGood god, avoid this like the plauge. This game relies too heavily on the multiplayer which bores me with repetitive crap that isn't fun in the slightest, and the missions on campaign (The campaign is supposed to be a highlight of a game, not the multiplayer, am I right?) Terrible AI frustrates you, lack of weapons and predictable story beats you up yet the missions were so long and boring! Ammo is little, health is ridiculous and the weapons are too OP! There are no goods in this game, people die in about 3 bullets hitting their LEG, and the fun factor is dumb. Too overrated. Expand
  6. Nov 27, 2013
    This is a pice of crap right here. Its a liner non playable not fun pice of crap. Not worth your money. Its to liner the characters I don't give 2 for and the gun gameplay isn't that good buy Bioshock or anything but this pice of
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    This was the last Call of Duty game i bothered to buy. 60 bucks and then later asking money for DLC was beyond me. I would sell this game along with MW2 but its stamped forever on my steam account, oh the shame. Its just an console port that is broken on the pc. And paying the money they asked for this mess is like stealing straight out of your pockets. It maybe good on consoles but itsThis was the last Call of Duty game i bothered to buy. 60 bucks and then later asking money for DLC was beyond me. I would sell this game along with MW2 but its stamped forever on my steam account, oh the shame. Its just an console port that is broken on the pc. And paying the money they asked for this mess is like stealing straight out of your pockets. It maybe good on consoles but its not for PC. Expand
  8. Oct 20, 2014
    This game is great because of the Zombies mode. If Zombies had its own review page I would give it a 9/10. But for the Campaign and Multiplayer I would give it a 2/10 because I quickly got tired of it and the Campaign was so awful it made me cringe. Well, what's to expect from a Call of Duty Game these days.
  9. Jan 1, 2014
    The campaign was boring and really short; it was also not much of a challenge even on the higher difficulties. Zombies was okay, but for some reason I felt like I was playing MW2 again.
  10. Apr 7, 2014
    My brother bought black ops from games stop . i thought it sucked because the zombies and the background suck it did and fyi the zombies sucked too . but i was wrong the story was epic and the game rocks . grade A+
  11. Nov 24, 2014
    Now that the game Call of Duty. The story really is WOW, and just draws you in true sense. In my opinion worth playing. It really is very FUN. I recommend.
  12. Sep 10, 2015
    Treyarch can pat themselves on their backs for creating such an amazing game. With their pass game history of mediocre games.Pathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game.
  13. Oct 23, 2014
    I have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which wereI have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which were available to you and how the interface worked in order to select primary, secondary, lethal, tactical, perks etc. This Game is a big success in the COD series and honestly implemented a completely different feel to Multiplayer and Single player gameplay, the Zombies is also great and i love the Resurrection DLC in which adds the old World at War zombies maps such as Deir Rise and Shino Numa, as well as moon in which gives a different take on Zombies. Good work Treyach and Activision on this release as it is a game in which can be played and played over and over and give the user an overall wonderful exsperiance in which a FPS should have Expand
  14. Jan 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is all about guns and zombies and there are a lot of map pack and there is a map for zombie called moon and i think its the beat map for zombies because it hard to lat after level 30 Expand
  15. May 9, 2016
    In my opinion the best narrative ever put in a Call of Duty ever,seriously this story is amazing and the campaign is a joy to play.
    The multiplayer is good as well i prefer the multiplayer on the battlefield series but this one from COD is good to.
    Overall a solid Call of Duty game with a nice port
  16. May 22, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is, generally, enjoyable in terms of game play -- if not for the annoying bugs, lack of objective information displays, and almost incomprehensible story. Thankfully enough, the story wrapped up nicely before the ending; leaving me astonished as the credits roll.
  17. Nov 28, 2015
    Best COD of all time. Great story, BEST ZOMBIES MAPS AND GAMEPLAY - ON POINT SON, and fun multiplayer as usual. I can't say i love the graphics, they're a bit odd looking, but you will get used to them and they won't distract you from the game. I used to play this game for hours and hours. If you like the COD series, this is a must.
  18. Nov 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have left BO in 2011 in hope that someone will fix it. However Treyarch disappointed me, because NOTHING changed since that time. I was even shocked, when i someone told me that this game was patched. But without any more words lets come to pros and cons of this game.
    Pros:
    Campaign - One of the best in CoD universe, very interesting from the beginning till the end.
    Main protagonist - Very interesting person with unusual history
    Side protagonists - Also charming people, just like main hero.
    Graphic - Not beautiful, but not scary also. ;)

Cons
    Weapon balance - If someone says that weapon balance exists in game, there are 3 options: paid to say so, have not seen multiplayer for longer than 5 minutes or literally stupid. AK-74u, FAMAS, AUG - no recoil, high damage, high ROF, high accuracy, huge clip size. Most of the players use at least one of these guns.
    Weapon realism - Sorry, but if we talk about weapons this game cant be classified as from period 1961-1975. With stuff from 90 's (AGS-30, AUG A2, FAMAS), 80 's (KS-23, PSG-1, AKS-74u) and many many more. Counted at least 20 weapons which went into prototype after 1968, when last mission occurs. Counted at least 25 weapons, which should be removed only because of it. If we are strict, this game doesnt count as something from Cold War because of AGS-30, which was introduced in 1999. Most weapon accessories like silencer or red dot sights also are also wrongly put.
    Price - Sorry, but paying that amount of money for full product is ridiculous.
    Bugs - From missing texture to permeation a part of soldier leg through wall or smoke throught wall. Sorry, but it is unacceptable in ANY game.
    Optimization - Anyone heard about it in this game? Because i didn't.

Game should be MUCH MUCH cheaper when new (at least 30-40 %). And this stupidity still continues. :(
  19. Dec 1, 2015
    Good single player
    Miltiplayer is OK . .
  20. Feb 25, 2016
    Pretty game with original story line. To be honest I wasn't fascinated by the game before and after. It's simple shooting game and it is. Wasn't playing multi, not my story.
  21. Apr 16, 2016
    Este juego para mi es uno de mis COD favoritos pera esta muy mal renderizado en PC, pero eso no lo hace in-jugable se juega bastante bien y el online es algo estable. En definitiva ¿vale la pena? Si pero solo si te gusta mucho zombies.
  22. Apr 25, 2016
    Very good game because this game story is very beautiful. And characters good. Mason, Rez-nov, Woods... World War II, Cold War, Vietnam etc. In my opinion good game.
  23. Jun 19, 2016
    Dude, just don't buy it...because this CoD have:
    -Horrible Textures that sometimes takes a long to load..
    -Same gameplay like the last CoD before this.
    -And antoher reasons..

JUST DON'T BUY IT
  24. Jun 22, 2016
    I simultaneously like and really, really hate Black Ops. The highlight was the campaign, which had a few interesting psychological twists to the standard "shoot the arabs/rogue russians/nazis" formula. The multiplayer, on the other hand, was pretty damn bad, but it was still better then any Infinity Ward version. Call of Duty has some of the worst maps in FPS gaming, and literally the onlyI simultaneously like and really, really hate Black Ops. The highlight was the campaign, which had a few interesting psychological twists to the standard "shoot the arabs/rogue russians/nazis" formula. The multiplayer, on the other hand, was pretty damn bad, but it was still better then any Infinity Ward version. Call of Duty has some of the worst maps in FPS gaming, and literally the only map that didn't make me want to eat my own eyeballs was Nuketown- which may be one of the worst maps in any game ever. The outdated engine and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥t damage model return, and while Treyarch learned from the mistakes made by Modern Cash Cow 2, even including a server browser, leaning around corners and dedicated server options. Black Ops has its own set of faux pas, like the use of the ballistic knife to turn into a Halo 2-style unstoppable, lag-teleporting juggernaut, and still no attempts to nerf sniper rifles, which persists into all later CoDs. If you absolutely MUST play CoD, Otherwise do yourself a favor and play something else. You're better off playing Counter-Strike, for ♥♥♥♥'s sake. Expand
  25. Sep 14, 2016
    I'm sure , this game is the worst title in the series. No captivating story and no work for this game. Some animations are strange af. The idea of this story was good , but somehow, he lost interest.
  26. Apr 16, 2017
    Plus violent, plus gore que les Call Of Duty habituels, Black Ops a un côté beauf que ne renieraient pas ces vieilles daubes de Soldier of Fortune : très premier degré, réactionnaire et con, bas de plafond et bas du front. L'histoire (si on peut appeler ça une "histoire") est digne d'un (mauvais) téléfilm, farci de clichés et la narration est confuse.

Graphiquement cependant, je le

Graphiquement cependant, je le trouve plus joli que Modern Warfare 3 ou en tout cas plus recherché dans ses décors. La partie sonore manque un peu de mordant mais fait l'affaire, grâce à la très bonne VF.

Pour le reste, que dire ? on nous abreuve de scripts bidons dans ce jeu-couloir jusqu'à la crise d'épilepsie, ça en devient ridicule. Pas eu la force d'aller jusqu'au bout (de l'enfer débilitant) de ce foutoir permanent (explosion - script - chute - effondrement - explosion - combat - script - chute) où l'on est qu'un larbin : debout assis couché donne la patte c'est bien mon chien !

Heureusement que le multi est là pour avoir enfin l'impression de jouer... mais ça ne suffit pas.
  27. Feb 16, 2017
    Black Ops has one of the most satisfying Call of Duty campaigns. It is definitely a short one; however, it is action packed from the start to last minute and has a compelling story line.

Pros: + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies. + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action. + Compelling story with nice twists. + Loved the different protagonists. + I

Pros:
    + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies.
    + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action.
    + Compelling story with nice twists.
    + Loved the different protagonists.
    + I enjoyed the variety of the situations.
    + Viktor Reznov!!

Cons:
    - It is an old school Call of Duty gameplay wise (linear as any CoD, no character progression, waves and waves of enemies, no weapon enhancements...)
    - Short, but then again the 6-8 hours campaign is really satisfying.
    - NEED BOSS FIGHTS!!

Verdict: A
  28. Jul 13, 2017
    Według mnie ,,Call of Duty Black Ops" posiada jedną z najlepszych historii (nawet lepszą od tej z MW) w historii serii. Żadna kolejna czy poprzednia część nie przyniosła mi tyle frajdy z odkrywania fabuły gry. Po prostu, jeśli ktoś uważa że najlepszą kampania jest ta z Modern Warfare (a przypadkiem nie grał w BO) to powinien. Multiplayer daje sporo przyjemności ze strzelania i jest naWedług mnie ,,Call of Duty Black Ops" posiada jedną z najlepszych historii (nawet lepszą od tej z MW) w historii serii. Żadna kolejna czy poprzednia część nie przyniosła mi tyle frajdy z odkrywania fabuły gry. Po prostu, jeśli ktoś uważa że najlepszą kampania jest ta z Modern Warfare (a przypadkiem nie grał w BO) to powinien. Multiplayer daje sporo przyjemności ze strzelania i jest na prawdę wciągający. Kontynuacja trybu Zombie z World at War jest jeszcze lepsza niż w tam tej części. Mam nadzieję, że tak w skrócie udało mi się przedstawić tego COD'a. Jest on wart zakupu, cena też nie powinna nikogo odstraszyć, ponieważ cena (np. w Empiku) wynosi ok. 30 zł na PC, a na konsole cena jest niewiele wyższa. WARTO!!!!! Expand

1. PC Format
    Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.