Call of Duty: Black Ops PC

5.2

1. Nov 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have left BO in 2011 in hope that someone will fix it. However Treyarch disappointed me, because NOTHING changed since that time. I was even shocked, when i someone told me that this game was patched. But without any more words lets come to pros and cons of this game.
    Pros:
    Campaign - One of the best in CoD universe, very interesting from the beginning till the end.
    Main protagonist - Very interesting person with unusual history
    Side protagonists - Also charming people, just like main hero.
    Graphic - Not beautiful, but not scary also. ;)

Cons
    Weapon balance - If someone says that weapon balance exists in game, there are 3 options: paid to say so, have not seen multiplayer for longer than 5 minutes or literally stupid. AK-74u, FAMAS, AUG - no recoil, high damage, high ROF, high accuracy, huge clip size. Most of the players use at least one of these guns.
    Weapon realism - Sorry, but if we talk about weapons this game cant be classified as from period 1961-1975. With stuff from 90 's (AGS-30, AUG A2, FAMAS), 80 's (KS-23, PSG-1, AKS-74u) and many many more. Counted at least 20 weapons which went into prototype after 1968, when last mission occurs. Counted at least 25 weapons, which should be removed only because of it. If we are strict, this game doesnt count as something from Cold War because of AGS-30, which was introduced in 1999. Most weapon accessories like silencer or red dot sights also are also wrongly put.
    Price - Sorry, but paying that amount of money for full product is ridiculous.
    Bugs - From missing texture to permeation a part of soldier leg through wall or smoke throught wall. Sorry, but it is unacceptable in ANY game.
    Optimization - Anyone heard about it in this game? Because i didn't.

Game should be MUCH MUCH cheaper when new (at least 30-40 %). And this stupidity still continues. :(
  2. Jun 19, 2016
    Dude, just don't buy it...because this CoD have:
    -Horrible Textures that sometimes takes a long to load..
    -Same gameplay like the last CoD before this.
    -And antoher reasons..

JUST DON'T BUY IT
  3. Nov 10, 2010
    An unplayable port - SP and MP. It looks 3 years old but eats resources like Crysis 7. Severe audio stuttering, deadly lags, server problems, gameplay breaking frame-rate drops on gaming machines well above the recommended configuration, laughable hodgepodge story... If they cannot somehow patch this load of manure into playability, I would not recommend picking it up even from the bargainAn unplayable port - SP and MP. It looks 3 years old but eats resources like Crysis 7. Severe audio stuttering, deadly lags, server problems, gameplay breaking frame-rate drops on gaming machines well above the recommended configuration, laughable hodgepodge story... If they cannot somehow patch this load of manure into playability, I would not recommend picking it up even from the bargain bin - where it will pretty soon land. Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2010
    The game simply lacks fun. The singleplayer story is told through cutscenes. The only part you get in the game is playing with broken A.I's. Outdated graphics, and boring storyline.

With the multiplayer, despite the obvious lies and bugs, it is overrated. A basic game with small maps and a few guns. With the exception of a few graphical customizations which don't change the game play at

With the multiplayer, despite the obvious lies and bugs, it is overrated.
    A basic game with small maps and a few guns. With the exception of a few graphical customizations which don't change the game play at all.

Wager matches would have been fun, if you could bet a decent amount and if cod points were useful in anything other than a new background for your playercard.

With the zombie mode, you would be better off buying Left For Dead 2. The only reason it was added was to boost sales.
  5. Nov 11, 2010
    Lag in MP, slow performance, boring scripted SP, Steam exculsive, no LAN, no REAL DEDICATED SERVERS, nothing new expect the maps, lots of kids screaming around, I don't like this.

Game should not be released unfinished and without beta testing for the balance. This is sh*t.
  6. Nov 12, 2010
    If you are going to buy this game, remember something. When Starcraft 2 came out it costed the same money and it offered you a great lasting campaign and a level WCG multiplayer. When Civilization V came out it costed the same and it offered you insane depth and game mechanics out of this world.

Now, this piece right here, costs EXACTLY the same, offering you HEADACHE, FRUSTRATION and a free dictionary of all the F*** words you know. Wanna buy it? Be my guest. Why dont you pay G. Newell more money, he cannot get enough to become a billionaire. ON YOUR TAB.
  7. Nov 25, 2010
    Don't buy this piece of broken code, it's a waste of money. Multi
    player part is unplayable, and I really mean unplayable. Single player
    part is... well, it's a CoD, which means you just have to press a
    button now and then and that's it.
  8. Jun 4, 2011
    The devs did a horribe job with this game. The graphics are horrible so they can run on the consoles and it's an import from the console version. Very pathetic. I am not happy with Treyarch and Activsion and never do I intend to buy another COD game again. Not consider how boring the multiplayer is!
  9. Nov 15, 2010
    Black Ops has a lot of potential to be a fun game. It's an improved MW2 from both single and multi-player standpoints. However, I have to give it a zero because the game was not ready for prime time. Three words define the gaming experience: lag, lag, and more lag (ok, it's 4 words). Even if they resolve the lag issue, I don't think the game will ever play smoothly on my PC as I have aBlack Ops has a lot of potential to be a fun game. It's an improved MW2 from both single and multi-player standpoints. However, I have to give it a zero because the game was not ready for prime time. Three words define the gaming experience: lag, lag, and more lag (ok, it's 4 words). Even if they resolve the lag issue, I don't think the game will ever play smoothly on my PC as I have a core 2 duo E6850 (as per Activison my CPU satisfies the minimum requirements, but I doubt the game will ever play on less than quad-core PCs). Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2010
    WOW...another epic fail...poor server connections...really crappy sound...seriously the ambient sound blends with the active sound (guns and explosions) to the point were it muffles it all...then there is the problem that the software was so unstable when you play online ..either you will crash the game or the server will crash.....wow next time use beta for debug .........ActivisionWOW...another epic fail...poor server connections...really crappy sound...seriously the ambient sound blends with the active sound (guns and explosions) to the point were it muffles it all...then there is the problem that the software was so unstable when you play online ..either you will crash the game or the server will crash.....wow next time use beta for debug .........Activision should just give the game away...because charging for this piece of crap should be theft!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2010
    Bugs and lag because they don't know how to program PC anymore just platform.
    I'm sorry but cod lost it's PC players already, just give up until you can get it right.
  12. Dec 23, 2010
    Biggest Dissapointment and Waste of money of the year. On PC this game is UNPLAYABLE. Locks up every 15 - 30 min even on a really good PC. Lags constantly and if you can get a party together to play Nazi Zombies then go buy a Lottery Ticket because you have some incredible luck. Campaign is pretty lacking as well as it was beaten on Veteran in about 10 - 12 Hrs. They really screwed us pcBiggest Dissapointment and Waste of money of the year. On PC this game is UNPLAYABLE. Locks up every 15 - 30 min even on a really good PC. Lags constantly and if you can get a party together to play Nazi Zombies then go buy a Lottery Ticket because you have some incredible luck. Campaign is pretty lacking as well as it was beaten on Veteran in about 10 - 12 Hrs. They really screwed us pc gamers over pretty big time with this because if it was a console version we could at least get half our money back by selling it. No such luck here. Just an expensive paperweight. I have had betas that ran and looked better than this game does in its Retail version. Thanks for being another company that dumps on the end user. I will not be buying any future games from Treyarch and I suggest that you take your money and buy games from other developers that continue to fix things after a games release and not just twiiter about meaningless crap. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2010
    Stick with the Console versions because this is not a PC game. It's a port with one server provider, which is Gameservers. They are the worst servers to have. With Battlefield bad Company 2, those servers were plagued with server lag and horrible downtime.

I couldn't imagine a popular game like COD Black Ops being able to run on those servers, and guess what? It was unplayable. If Multiplayer is the only reason why you want to play this game, then don't waste you money.
  14. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is truly disappointing in the PC version. It obviously is just a port from a console machine. Graphics below par, gameplay below par, shoddy multiplayer. Biggest disappointment of the year. Medal of Honor Tier 1 is far superior game and even that was lacking in comparison with BFC:2. This game would be a fantastic game had it been released 3-4 years ago. Terrible waste of money.
  15. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is absolutely unplayable in multiplayer. Constant network problems on top of the terrible FPS issues (there is already a post on the Steam forums with around 200,000 views). Whenever a player comes into view, the game will hiccup and stutter on even the best systems. Activision brought down the Tryarch Forums because of the complaints, what does that tell you?

How could they

How could they honestly not see the problems with this during testing?
  16. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is unplayable if you're on a PC and there has been no response from the developers. Releases like this spur on gaming piracy. Treyarch, I'll be illegally downloading your next release and seeding the torrent for the next 6 months. If Infinity Ward decides to come back and create another game, even if it's based off of a Jennifer Lopez movie, I'll take 2 copies for 80 bucks a piece.
  17. Nov 9, 2010
    Single player in this game is truly horrible. The storyline looks like it was written by someone who was consuming LSD in large quantities by watching Rambo 3, Red Heat, and other similar trash action movies. Maps are badly designed, and railroaded even worse than they were in MW2. Graphics is dated even on highest settings. Overall gameplay is like MW2, except even more repetitive andSingle player in this game is truly horrible. The storyline looks like it was written by someone who was consuming LSD in large quantities by watching Rambo 3, Red Heat, and other similar trash action movies. Maps are badly designed, and railroaded even worse than they were in MW2. Graphics is dated even on highest settings. Overall gameplay is like MW2, except even more repetitive and boring.

Don't even get me started on a handheld (!) minigun (!!) in a Soviet labor camp (!!!); flamethrower-wielding Viet Kong; and M4 carbine and ACOG sights in the hands of US troops in Nam. At least the previous installations tried to maintain some semblance of sanity... Oh, and guys? Can you please hire a couple Russians to do the voice-over next time? Whoever did it for this game, it sounds like the worst moments of Red Heat. For starters, It's VorkutA, not VorkUta, and the rest of it is way worse than that.
  18. Nov 9, 2010
    Even if you ignore the lazy and short SP where the game practically plays itself FOR you, you then still have a broken game besides that and all this at an outrageous price AND using the insidious Steam software. If this was a fiver, it might be worth giving a look. Right now? Don't kid yourself - if you call yourself a real gamer, move on.
  19. Nov 10, 2010
    Single player is horrible with same generic linear gameplay trying to tell a strory, but it falls in horrible ai and lazily scripted event with not even close ot enough triggers to make gameplay fluent and ai teammates to feel real. This is which breaks the flow of the game and cant really get into it no matter how hard i try. Same problems still exist to every cod game after COD2.Single player is horrible with same generic linear gameplay trying to tell a strory, but it falls in horrible ai and lazily scripted event with not even close ot enough triggers to make gameplay fluent and ai teammates to feel real. This is which breaks the flow of the game and cant really get into it no matter how hard i try. Same problems still exist to every cod game after COD2. Teammates keep emptying clips at visible opponents without actually killing anything until player finds the trigger which gets the teammates to move forward.

Multiplayer is very normal cod quality though making snipers unusable makes the game faster which is better in arcade shooter like this. The new game modes are fun but not enough to merit buying this if you already own mw1, bc2 or even mw2.
  20. Nov 10, 2010
    Truely awful. Any critic that gave this a good review should hang their head in shame, this game is a disgrace - the multiplayer is completely unplayable. Played every COD game since release, enjoyed MW2 despite it's short comings - this just takes the biscuit though.
  21. Nov 10, 2010
    Completely crap game. This is a 60 dollar beta, and nothing more. More than 90% of the online features either don't work or they are extremely buggy. Nobody in the entire pc gaming community can play a coop game of zombies. Half of the times, the attachments that you put on your gun don't carry over to your next game. The SP is incredibly short and there are absolutely no reasons toCompletely crap game. This is a 60 dollar beta, and nothing more. More than 90% of the online features either don't work or they are extremely buggy. Nobody in the entire pc gaming community can play a coop game of zombies. Half of the times, the attachments that you put on your gun don't carry over to your next game. The SP is incredibly short and there are absolutely no reasons to justify a 60 dollar purchase for this game.

Things that don't work"
    Zombies Coop
    Theatre and filesharing
    Upgrades
    Multiplayer as a whole [Incredibly laggy on all servers]

Do not buy this game. Boycott bad producers who think little of their customers, and have the nerve to sell a beta to the public as an actual retail game.
  22. Nov 10, 2010
    Overall I am very disappointed and I feel like I should have never fallen for this trap. At the end of the day Activision wants to make money and that is exactly what they are doing by releasing sub-par, unfinished console ports each year.
    I honestly didn't think they could make a game worse than modern warfare 2 but alas they have. The game feels like a copy of butchered call of duty 4 and is nowhere near finished and if I could I would return the game to steam. The main issues I have with the game right now are: The server browser, very poorly designed, you can not filter by ping e.g. (
  23. Nov 10, 2010
    Even without all the lag, it's blatantly just another console port and a bad one at that. For one Treyarch should have had an open beta a couple of weeks before release. This game needs an overhall, bring COD back to it's PC roots for the love of god!
  24. Nov 10, 2010
    So, the server browser only shows about 10% of the total amount of servers out there, making it hard to search for servers with your friends. Joining your friends via the browser does not seem to be activated yet, so you must wait until one buddy finds a good server and then invites you. The game will grab onto and hold most of your CPU resources making the game lag something fierce in MPSo, the server browser only shows about 10% of the total amount of servers out there, making it hard to search for servers with your friends. Joining your friends via the browser does not seem to be activated yet, so you must wait until one buddy finds a good server and then invites you. The game will grab onto and hold most of your CPU resources making the game lag something fierce in MP and somewhat less in SP. This seems to be an issue for the majority of the players and a quick search on the web confirms this. My score is based on the SP part since the MP part is unplayable and would have to be given a score of 0. Once the emergency fix/patch is released, Black Ops will probably be a decent expantion for World At War. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2010
    It's obvious that none of the critics played the PC version of this game. I bought the game specifically for multi-player, and the stuttering/lag makes the game nearly unplayable. How did Treyarch allow this game to be released for PC with all the lag/graphics/freezing problems? They're so obvious that a drunk and retarded monkey would notice them in the first 5 seconds of playing! My onlyIt's obvious that none of the critics played the PC version of this game. I bought the game specifically for multi-player, and the stuttering/lag makes the game nearly unplayable. How did Treyarch allow this game to be released for PC with all the lag/graphics/freezing problems? They're so obvious that a drunk and retarded monkey would notice them in the first 5 seconds of playing! My only hope is that people stop buying this game until the developers fix this disaster. I wish that I had never bought this game, nothing but a disappointment. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2010
    I'm a very positive person, but this game is utter trash. The single player is pretty neat, but if you're looking for multiplayer at all, don't waste your money. I feel like I just gave $60 to a bum to buy a hot meal and watched him spend it on crack and OD. It makes me so mad that companies can release pieces of trash as buggy as this. The game lags no matter how good yourI'm a very positive person, but this game is utter trash. The single player is pretty neat, but if you're looking for multiplayer at all, don't waste your money. I feel like I just gave $60 to a bum to buy a hot meal and watched him spend it on crack and OD. It makes me so mad that companies can release pieces of trash as buggy as this. The game lags no matter how good your internet/computer is. There is NO FEATURE that allows you to play with your friends. The server browser that shows your friends game is broken and there's no steam integration. The only way to get in a ranked match with your friends is through the in game invite system and once you're you can't pick or switch teams! Are you *@#*(&ing kidding me?! Did anyone playtest this game? I literally would have felt better about flushing my $60 down the toilet and punching myself in the genitals. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2010
    THE GAME WAS RELEASED IN A NONE WORKING CONDITION! How the hell can Activision spend millions on marketing and yet not find out about this bug through testing? I want my money back dammit! Treyarch you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing this game in the condition it is in. Seriously, an unplayable game? WTF is your testing team smoking over there? I will never purchase a game fromTHE GAME WAS RELEASED IN A NONE WORKING CONDITION! How the hell can Activision spend millions on marketing and yet not find out about this bug through testing? I want my money back dammit! Treyarch you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing this game in the condition it is in. Seriously, an unplayable game? WTF is your testing team smoking over there? I will never purchase a game from Treyarch again! Expand
  28. Nov 11, 2010
    I guess they just had to release this title before the big Christmas sales in order to cash in. This big a problem, being the incredibly laggy and buggy multiplayer AND singleplayer with issues, should have and must have been tracked down and resolved after proper testing. They might fix this fast, and with a proper patch this will be a very entertaining title in both mp and sp, butI guess they just had to release this title before the big Christmas sales in order to cash in. This big a problem, being the incredibly laggy and buggy multiplayer AND singleplayer with issues, should have and must have been tracked down and resolved after proper testing. They might fix this fast, and with a proper patch this will be a very entertaining title in both mp and sp, but Treyarch and Activision (and Steam?) deserve a "Boo!" on another failing opening week, especially on the poor quality of the PC edition. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2010
    Quite the most awful game release Ive seen in a long time. Obvious money grab from Bobby Kotick and his thieves.

Awful Graphics. Awful Sound. Full of Bugs. Dont buy. Its shocking that The reviewers are lying about it, but then again maybe Kotick has their families held hostage, I wouldnt put it past the slimeball. Activision is the enemy of gamers everywhere. Boycott their crap until Kotick gets the boot.
  30. Nov 11, 2010
    This looks as thoe it could be a great game, the levels look gorgeous, but everything is so choppy and stuttery even on a high end pc....they just need to sort out the pc version and fast...! its just disgusting how they have let this version out after having a year of testing it....Hopefully there is a patch very soon.... :(
  31. Nov 11, 2010
    Do not buy this game.

Do not buy this game.

Treyarch again show how bad they are at making games. This is a copy paste of MW2 and WaW and half of the glue didnt even work. What has resulted is a deeply unsatisfying game. There are HUGE technical issues making the game unplayable at release. Footsteps are too quiet, killstreaks are boring, guns and equipment are poorly balanced....there is NO innovation...i mean i remember thinking WaW was a bad WW2 mod of MW2, Black Ops is just a disaster.

The only way this game will be good on PC is it gameservers.com can provide GOOD servers and there is a promod released that can make the game play competitive.
  32. Nov 11, 2010
    A money grab that doesn't do anything more than the last billion versions of Call of Duty. They are all playable games in their own right but that doesn't mean you should buy every new rehash of the same game. It's just like Madden, they are all identical...
  33. Nov 11, 2010
    I don't understand why they have to change a system that's been working fine for 10+ years.Don't mind then putting steam in place so people don't crack the game.But why cant it just work like Counter-Strike servers.I know the rating should be about the single player. But 80% of games today buy a game for the MP , when is there going to be an critic rating on online game play!!!! The gameI don't understand why they have to change a system that's been working fine for 10+ years.Don't mind then putting steam in place so people don't crack the game.But why cant it just work like Counter-Strike servers.I know the rating should be about the single player. But 80% of games today buy a game for the MP , when is there going to be an critic rating on online game play!!!! The game is completely unplayable.So disappointing.I should have learned my lesion with Modern Warfare 2. I'll never buy a Cod game again. They really ruined their own brand with 2 really shocking releases in a row. Expand
  34. Nov 11, 2010
    I bought this game more for the multiplayer than anything else. All of the previous and trailers showed some real promise for a great multiplayer experience. What a disappointment. All of those great ideas ruined by terrible implementation and what appears to be a complete lack of beta-testing on the PC. This game is completely unplayable on the PC. Given the chance to do it over, II bought this game more for the multiplayer than anything else. All of the previous and trailers showed some real promise for a great multiplayer experience. What a disappointment. All of those great ideas ruined by terrible implementation and what appears to be a complete lack of beta-testing on the PC. This game is completely unplayable on the PC. Given the chance to do it over, I wouldn't waste my money on it. Save your money. Play something else this season. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2010
    I don't want waste my money on this creepy peace of code. Fps freezing all the time. Foolish storyline and bugging multilayer. Even Moh looks better...
  36. Nov 11, 2010
    Some people are commenting about "no innovation" but I think they're doing a good job with the campaign and the zombie mode -- it's very creative. However, there are very too many game-breaking issues at launch for this game to deserve a decent rating. Perhaps the console versions are okay, but the PC version is buggy beyond being enjoyable. Nazi Zombies game lobbies close with "Game is noSome people are commenting about "no innovation" but I think they're doing a good job with the campaign and the zombie mode -- it's very creative. However, there are very too many game-breaking issues at launch for this game to deserve a decent rating. Perhaps the console versions are okay, but the PC version is buggy beyond being enjoyable. Nazi Zombies game lobbies close with "Game is no longer available" or "Party is no longer available" if just one person quits. No matter who the host is, if one person quits, the whole lobby goes down. Multiplayer suffers from serious spawn issues. Half of the maps are small (some extremely tiny -- Nuketown). In these small maps, you might spawn and then move 10 feet off your spawn -- guess what? -- an enemy spawns right where you left and shoots you in the back! Squad-based spawn with bases in safety areas that enemies cannot enter (ala Battlefield/Bad Company) would be nice. But currently, the game suffers from several issues that simply shouldn't have been present at launch. Thus the incredibly low rating. If these issues are rectified with patches, I will adjust my rating accordingly. (P.S., we prefer to get several small patches as soon as they are tested rather than one large unweildy patch that has too many things for Treyarch to test.) Expand
  37. Nov 11, 2010
    Released way too early, or they had lousy testing and quality assurance. There are too many bugs to make this game enjoyable, unless you're playing the campaign on a quad core with this year's video cards.

Nazi Zombies lobbies crash all the time when people leave. Lobby leaderboard filter doesn't default to "Lobby". You can't change the filter directly on the lobby page -- sub-dialogs are annoying! The flashing explosions and lights video plays every single time the lobby crashes. Every. single. time. Spawning in multiplayer is ridiculous. You spawn, then you move, and an enemy spawns where you just were and shoots you in the back, especially on the smaller maps. Nuketown is an awesome concept, but it's too small!
  38. Nov 11, 2010
    MP is nothing but LAG LAG LAG, Hold them account for the crap they send out! I wish this game was more like Modern Warfare 1. You could pick a server and not have to worry about lag. You had the chose to down load Mods custom maps if want. Why change what was a great think. I hated MW2 because of the changes and Black Ops does not seem to be much better!
  39. Nov 11, 2010
    Graphics sucks, game play sucks. The graphics looks like a dx8/9 title from the late 90s, the game play and mechanics as well. Take a close look at the gaming sites that raved about this game (such as GameSpot) and remember their names since they sold you out.
  40. Nov 11, 2010
    They promised dedicated servers but what they didn't tell us is that only 1 company without the infrastructure to handle this task would be doing it, so now all it is, is a console tittle in disguise.
    i enjoyed the MOH beta more then Black ops full release. @#$% this game.
  41. Nov 11, 2010
    I regret ever hearing about this game, so badly the overall lack of quality strikes at me. I'm hugely disappointed in the single player, which is just a bad action movie on triple speed. The story is non-existent, audio badly worked, the engine is buggy, maps very railroaded and scripted, bad playability and just not fun in any way. I won't even bother to try the multiplayer, being awareI regret ever hearing about this game, so badly the overall lack of quality strikes at me. I'm hugely disappointed in the single player, which is just a bad action movie on triple speed. The story is non-existent, audio badly worked, the engine is buggy, maps very railroaded and scripted, bad playability and just not fun in any way. I won't even bother to try the multiplayer, being aware of the issues. I wish I had saved my self from the disappointment. Expand
  42. Nov 11, 2010
    I own every COD game. I can say without a doubt that this is the most inexcusably awful COD game ever released, including the very disappointing MW2. Treyarch willfully released a broken PC game while at the same time shamelessly trumpeting their dedication to creating a proper PC FPS. Treyarch failed to perform seemingly rudimentary QA and fixes to this abomination of a game. This gameI own every COD game. I can say without a doubt that this is the most inexcusably awful COD game ever released, including the very disappointing MW2. Treyarch willfully released a broken PC game while at the same time shamelessly trumpeting their dedication to creating a proper PC FPS. Treyarch failed to perform seemingly rudimentary QA and fixes to this abomination of a game. This game is an embarrassment to Treyarch and Activision, an insult to PC gamers, and a waste of my money. And- as usual, the paid game review rags appear shamelessly oblivious to the obvious shortcomings of this awful game. Expand
  43. Nov 12, 2010
    Another fine example when the critics got it wrong and while genuine good games with original ideas get stuck with scores of 70 or less this poor copy paste of MW2 got an unbelievable 90+ , game is buggy and just not fun to play online or single player. While other COD games leaves an impression many hours after you turn off your PC, I almost forgot that i had this game Installed ,it'sAnother fine example when the critics got it wrong and while genuine good games with original ideas get stuck with scores of 70 or less this poor copy paste of MW2 got an unbelievable 90+ , game is buggy and just not fun to play online or single player. While other COD games leaves an impression many hours after you turn off your PC, I almost forgot that i had this game Installed ,it's that boring.While single player is at best average, multiplayer gameplay is just without any mojo if you manage to ignore the bugs first.

Bring back Infinity Ward and save the genre or it'll be another MOH type series.( 7 bad, 1 good release)
  44. Nov 12, 2010
    HAHAHAHA what a pile of garbage this game is, ps3 port, terrible graphics, lags like a **** same old same old. I really wish people would stop buying these games and then they might actually have to make a cod game for pc, and make it good, instead of giving us the crap that console idiots lap up as they don't know any better
  45. Nov 12, 2010
    Another pathetic money grab from activision. There's nothing innovative or fun about this version don't bother. Why on earth wasn't infinity ward used on this version? Treyarch is terrible. Remember when they released World At War?
  46. Nov 12, 2010
    Poor graphics, unplayable multiplayer; what is there to like? These CoD games are just rushed out, to try and gain as big a profit as possible; and they succeed, unfortunately, due to blind idiots/fangirls running out to buy it because its 'cool to have.'
  47. Nov 12, 2010
    Utter crap game. Writing a lengthy review of all the fails in this game would be a massive waste of time. Despite the unplayable MP part, who wrote the SP story of this game? Dolph Lundgren? Stephen Seagal? Uwe Boll?
  48. Nov 12, 2010
    For 2 Days I have been battling the DirectX error, still can't get past the menu screen with little to no support. I exceed the minimum hardware requirements along with the most current drivers. By far, this has to be one of the most pathetic attempts ever witnessed at a PC title, and by far one of the POOREST blatant xbox ports being pushed on the PC users. Stay Clear of this one ....
  49. Nov 13, 2010
    it is a very poor release, it looks worse than WAW and plays woefully. the graphics are worse than bio shock and that was released 3 years ago and built on the UT2 engine!! The single player crashed constantly, just things going wrong with it like sound errors cut scenes that stop etc. The guns sound very lack luster and no difference between types. MP is a joke the hit register fails toit is a very poor release, it looks worse than WAW and plays woefully. the graphics are worse than bio shock and that was released 3 years ago and built on the UT2 engine!! The single player crashed constantly, just things going wrong with it like sound errors cut scenes that stop etc. The guns sound very lack luster and no difference between types. MP is a joke the hit register fails to work at the best of time its laggy and glitchy again. MW2 was a sellout for computer users but it is better than this. If you own an Xbox 360 or a ps3 hire the game for the week end and you will be over it by the end. Expand
  50. Nov 13, 2010
    Multiplayer is intolerable to say the least.Lag lag, and more lag.Graphics are eeehhh at best.Maps are too damn camper friendly.Treyarch hasn't even acknowleged that there is a problem.I would like my money and Time back.MW2 is hands down the better game.IW is no more, they have reformed under the name respawn. They will be making a new kick butt game.
  51. Nov 13, 2010
    Zombie mod is not working, it says session no longer available. Multiplayer was ok, lagged a little but otherwise was ok. UNTIL IT WORKED. Now it just keeps saying connecting but nothing happens. I can't believe I payed for this crap. Should have learned my lesson from MW2.
  52. Nov 13, 2010
    60 euros for a game like this lol. how can all these official reviews be so wrong? maybe because they are on the take. poor performance on old engine
    poor mp
    6 hour sp game
    =
    fail
  53. Nov 13, 2010
    First: DO NOT READ THE METASCORE BY CRITICS IT IS BASED ON 360 AND PS3 RELEASE.

Let me tell you a story about a company called Treyarch, they promised the PC-Gamer community all the support and even more for their PC version of Call Of Duty Black Ops. Now turn the clock back to today's date, they have not been keeping their promise at all. The game has major issues in preformance both in
    First: DO NOT READ THE METASCORE BY CRITICS IT IS BASED ON 360 AND PS3 RELEASE.

The game has major issues in preformance both in Single-player and Multi-player. Framerate drops and lag-spikes fly all over the place. Now I do know issues can arise as PC's are different, but stuff like this SHOULD be catched by the QA team if they even had any.

While we are at it, the so-called Community Manager, does not inform the Community about anything, and uses his day to brag about placing this and that on Zombie-mod, whilst the lead designer even have the nerve to say that the issues PC-Gamers have at the moment are but of small grain of the community.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this product and any other Treyarch project in the future, the costumer support is horrendous and you will not even be informed when everything goes wrong
  54. Nov 13, 2010
    activision must be hiring a lot of whores for these professional game critics.
    just look at the discrepancy! and even metacritic is tooting their horn by prominently displaying only that score. man, another 60 down the drain. i shoulda waited for the torrent to finish.
  55. Nov 15, 2010
    COD: BlackOPs is an absolute disaster of a game. Technically speaking the game does not work. It's broken, there are numerous bugs, many of which make the game completely and totally unplayable, the game will crash unexpectedly, it lags constantly, the number of hoops you have to jump through to make this game work are so many that it's simply not worth the effort in the end. ForCOD: BlackOPs is an absolute disaster of a game. Technically speaking the game does not work. It's broken, there are numerous bugs, many of which make the game completely and totally unplayable, the game will crash unexpectedly, it lags constantly, the number of hoops you have to jump through to make this game work are so many that it's simply not worth the effort in the end. For instance: Activision suggests (from their web site) that you reduce your screen resolution to 1024x768, reduce your audio card performance to basic, turn off antivirus and turn off any non windows services using msconfig. The fact that you need to use msconfig at all is a major red flag here. No normal game player should ever use msconfig as it's a system tool that can completely crash your OS if used incorrectly. In addition to all of the steps above you need also update every single driver for each piece of hardware on your system. DirectX, VideoCard, SoundCard all to play this game.

The fact that you need to adjust any system preferences is an indicator of just how bad of a job Treyarch did in programming this game and there's no guarantee that doing so will make the game work, goes to show you just how god awful of a game this really is.

Do not buy this game, you have been warned. This is not a review so much as it is a gigantic danger sign. If you buy this game you will be disappointed. Fact.
  56. Nov 15, 2010
    It;s probobly the worst cod game ever. I honestly think, that one studio can't made all worst games in series byt I was obvusly wrong. The singleplayer is short, the multi is worst that this in modern warfare 2.
    But the most important- THIS GAME DID NOT WORK AT ALL!
    It's just beta stage. And I have to pay for this.
  57. Nov 15, 2010
    This game is just plain bad. The multiplayer is beyond laggy, to the point where the lowest ping wins. It appears the only graphics they've updated are smoke effects. The single player mode is not very fun, and the game is severely unbalanced. Modern Warfare 2 is better than this. This game is worth no more than $15. I strongly recommend you do not buy this game, it truly is a waste of money.
  58. Nov 29, 2010
    This game is one of the worst in Call of Duty history, it's not polished and the lack of effort Treyarch have put into this game really shows how terrible it is, the so called 'Community' they were listening to were the XBOX360 Community while PC were abandoned with a poor sluggish console port, never in my life have I seen a cheap un-stable release. I feel like such an idiot for wastingThis game is one of the worst in Call of Duty history, it's not polished and the lack of effort Treyarch have put into this game really shows how terrible it is, the so called 'Community' they were listening to were the XBOX360 Community while PC were abandoned with a poor sluggish console port, never in my life have I seen a cheap un-stable release. I feel like such an idiot for wasting 59 bucks on this, The Single Player is extremely short, boring, and repetitive, I feel like I'm playing World at War, simply because they haven't changed the engine much. This game should be worth $4.99 otherwise, it's not worth buying, save your money, wait for the next Call of Duty, read some feedback from the COMMUNITY, not BS reviewers bribed to give high scores, then decide whether you're ready to waste the next 365 days of your life. Expand
  59. Nov 18, 2010
    potentially worse game than mw2... seriously it gives me a migraine everytime i finish playing the multiplayer.. the amount of lag and bull-sheet that goes on is increadible.. 18 man FFA are you kidding me? TDM i spawn beside my enemy and get shot in the back.. Commando knifing default for eveyone.. isnt this a gun game? why does it make knifing so easy? hit detection is fail... they saypotentially worse game than mw2... seriously it gives me a migraine everytime i finish playing the multiplayer.. the amount of lag and bull-sheet that goes on is increadible.. 18 man FFA are you kidding me? TDM i spawn beside my enemy and get shot in the back.. Commando knifing default for eveyone.. isnt this a gun game? why does it make knifing so easy? hit detection is fail... they say the guns need more skill to use but i always get sprayed down by noob enemies who blind fire their weapon with extended mags, hip firing and random spraying.. worse thing of all i get headshotted.. they say mw2 was broken? well it was but at least it was fun, the graphics were smooth. obviously black ops is better in certain ways because Treyarch just reversed any mistakes that IW made with MW2.. the bugs such as terrible spawns, lag issues, freezing in single player, NUKETOWN, commando lunge default knifing just kill this game.. seriously, i have watched youtube and people are raving about blackops on the XBOX. Has activision ditched the PC community yet again? so what about dedicated servers, IMO the online experience has taken 2 steps back with the bugs and lags. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I simpily say : I wanted Military Game - Not a Action Game.
    And say : I don't wanted WASTED my money.
    and I also wanted one of the solder in the battlefield - Not a Action Hero.
    and I also also wanted good optimization.
  61. Nov 18, 2010
    It if far from playable and has to many bugs to list, multiplayer is full of hacker and stuttering even with high range hardware. It is using the same engine as COD 4 and WAW but slitly modified but still looks like something from 2006. Treyarch keeps promising a patch but regardless of if they fix some issues game should not be released in conditions like this. Most PC gamers wouldIt if far from playable and has to many bugs to list, multiplayer is full of hacker and stuttering even with high range hardware. It is using the same engine as COD 4 and WAW but slitly modified but still looks like something from 2006. Treyarch keeps promising a patch but regardless of if they fix some issues game should not be released in conditions like this. Most PC gamers would agree we paid $60 for a beta key. Expand
  62. Nov 20, 2010
    Another poor excuse for a game. I don't enjoy being played by the computer. I've even seen a video on the internet that shows doing the whole Cuba campaign on hard without firing a shot. Why do developers make their games so easy? What's the point? They've all sold their souls to corporate.

What is it with the cut scenes? I actually want to play the game? If I wanted a movie I would watch a movie.

Another terrible console port. Unhappyface.
  63. Nov 20, 2010
    I'd love to make a proper review about this game but unfortunately it is completely unplayable for me, it's been two weeks since the game was released and yet there still hasn't been a patch released to fix the stutter problem plaguing the PC version of this game; this sort of business practice is completely unacceptable and I will be demanding my money back.

Definitely not recommended by me.
  64. Nov 23, 2010
    The single player is the shortest story I've ever played through, clocking in at just under 8 hours at top difficulty. With MP just short of unusable, this game is a complete and total waste of money.
  65. Nov 24, 2010
    This should be called Call of Duty: Serious Sam edition. Seriously, it's pathetic arcade shooter masked (not very good) as something else. Pro's - i liked the zombies mode, the weapons physics and the fact that the game handles very well on my average rig (at least after the hotfix..) on maxed gfx.
    Cons - everything else.
  66. Nov 24, 2010
    Worse excuse for a PC game, ever. The game is filled with lag due to unoptimized netcode and horrendous hitching that bottlenecks even the best of systems.
  67. Nov 24, 2010
    The game is broken and unplayable on the PC, at least for me an a large number of other users. In multi-player it crashes, lags, and freezes. In single-player it works, but it just plain boring.
  68. Nov 25, 2010
    After 2 weeks the game was released, IT STILL UNPLAYABLE FOR ME!! The pathetic developer's update is USELESS!! I still have DirectX error, freeze when I play neither single or multiplayer (DX and driver already update). I CAN'T BELIEVE Treyarch create a 60$ TRASH! I'll never buy any series of Call of Duty. For those who is considering buying this game, DON'T BUY IT !! Save your money!!
  69. Nov 25, 2010
    The game causes BluScreens. Google it. Lots of Bugs. Stutter on Intel i7 Extreme @3.8GHz, 6GB RAM, Dual GTX460. Everything runs above 70FPS all settings high and this POS will stutter and drop to 5 FPS. This is just inexcusable.
  70. Nov 25, 2010
    I play CODs for the multiplayer since the campaign may have been "acceptable" in the previous installments of the game this campaign is boring, uneventful and even somewhat frustrating at parts. I cruised through it while watching Psych on my other monitor, and honestly if you are given the choice between COD BO and any season of Psych, take Psych, at least it's guaranteed fun for at leastI play CODs for the multiplayer since the campaign may have been "acceptable" in the previous installments of the game this campaign is boring, uneventful and even somewhat frustrating at parts. I cruised through it while watching Psych on my other monitor, and honestly if you are given the choice between COD BO and any season of Psych, take Psych, at least it's guaranteed fun for at least 16 hours (+ the DVD extras), not 4 hours of 3D duck hunt. Like said before I play COD solely for its multiplayer and since COD BO lacks a functional multiplayer then it already loses 75% of the possible points it could have scored. This game gets 10%, not even for the effort cause honestly no effort was put into this seeing how they didn't even test it on at least 2 PCs... The 10 percent is for the fun and entertainment I've had bashing the game and it's developers. Expand
  71. Nov 26, 2010
    Zero, Zero, Zero. Why? The game is buggy, over hyped, and single player sucks. And, the high-rated reviews here are coming form Treyarch employees trying to boost the average scores. !
  72. Nov 27, 2010
    I consider myself a casual gamer. I love FPS games, going back to Counter-Strike. I played most of the Call of Duty games, including MW2. I was really looking forward to Black Ops, thinking it could only improve on previous titles. If it was just MW2 with dedicated servers and a better use of the VAC anti-cheat system, it couldn't fail! I preordered the first day it was possible to do so.I consider myself a casual gamer. I love FPS games, going back to Counter-Strike. I played most of the Call of Duty games, including MW2. I was really looking forward to Black Ops, thinking it could only improve on previous titles. If it was just MW2 with dedicated servers and a better use of the VAC anti-cheat system, it couldn't fail! I preordered the first day it was possible to do so. After an endless wait, I finally played the game, and within the first few minutes, I was hugely dissapointed. The game released with major technical problems, including constant studdering on even the best machines, major lag issues for random people at random times, freezing for 5-10 seconds during gameplay, and random crashing. Those issues can eventually be fixed, though they already have my money and since I can't get a refund, there is nothing forcing them to do so. But, it was far worse than that. The rank system, using a combination of money and exp seems to trip over itself. Eventually the money becomes totally worthless and just builds up forever, as there is nothing to spend money on once everything is unlocked. The dedicated servers all have their own rules, such as "no claymores" (which is the only usefull equipment), "no rc cars", "no second chance perk", etc. You can't change your class once you get in a server, so if you use any of these things you basically have to find another place to play. There is no way to play with your friends. Almost every COD game in the past had this. Even if a friend joins the server you are in, there is no way to change teams, so you often end up opposing eachother. Many players, including myself, play with friends over Vent or other voice programs and like to play together tactically, which is impossible in this game. There is no co-op for the campaign. The single-player is far too short. The only thing I like about the multiplayer over other COD games is the face paint. There are many, many other things that seem to go back in time for PC gamers. We lost so much that we have gained over the years. I have since went back to MW2, which is full of hackers and noob tubers, but is still far better than Black Ops. Expand
  73. Nov 29, 2010
    Pathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game. People using high end gaming computers that are way over min spec can't run the game without massive amounts of stuttering/lag. Activision really let its fans down with this one. 2 patches later and they still have not figured out the problems. Activision needs to fix Black Ops and do itPathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game. People using high end gaming computers that are way over min spec can't run the game without massive amounts of stuttering/lag. Activision really let its fans down with this one. 2 patches later and they still have not figured out the problems. Activision needs to fix Black Ops and do it quickly. They've already lost alot of COD fans and I doubt that I or my friends will be buying the next COD. Expand
  74. Nov 29, 2010
    When I heard about CoD BO, I was saying to myself "Hmm Treyarch did an amazing job with WaW in my opinion, This one should be more balanced and more fun than MW2"
    Seems like I was wrong.
    First of all, FPS drops and freezes on high-end PC's, As most of you probably know. Then, The Multiplayer is more balanced, But its just not fun at all. A average number of hackers. The single player is
    Seems like I was wrong.
    The single player is simply horrible. 80% of everything is scripted in the campaign, Overuse of unrealistic events, And above all, Very short campaign.
    I remember playing rare games on the N64, These games took minimum 30 hours to complete at 100%. Even now, Several old FPS game had a lot of re-playability, Such as DOOM, Half-Life 1 and more. I still play these games even after ten years!
    Black ops is 4-5 hours max to complete the campaign, And the zombie mode is not entertaining at all.
    Multiplayer takes around 15 hours to get to max level, And I don't waste time on prestige because I play games for fun, Not for ranks.
    I'd rather do the Vice City or San Andreas campaign once more than play this game one more minute.
    Activision, You have ripped me off for the last time, I will NEVER buy a CoD title again in my entire life.
    This game get a big 0.
  75. Dec 7, 2010
    It states that critics gave this in the 80's but look, i dont see any of their reviews. all i see are users reviews bashing treyarch. i dont blame them, i paid for an expensive game and this game doesnt even work, its broken. multiplayer experience is terrible. lags and stutters all the time, even with a powerful gaming desktop. piss on you treyarch you should be sued for robbing pc gamers.
  76. Dec 8, 2010
    More of the same ol crap from Actard. Horrible, horrible, horrible, thats all I have to say about this. 150 char
  77. Dec 12, 2010
    While the singleplayer provides some rather limited amount of fun, the multiplayer, which has always been the main selling point of the series, is broken beyond belief across a wide range of computer configurations, from minimum reqs to cutting edge hardware. The multiplayer component is plagued by bugs ranging from hideously bad performance, to impenetrable transparent surfaces, to brokenWhile the singleplayer provides some rather limited amount of fun, the multiplayer, which has always been the main selling point of the series, is broken beyond belief across a wide range of computer configurations, from minimum reqs to cutting edge hardware. The multiplayer component is plagued by bugs ranging from hideously bad performance, to impenetrable transparent surfaces, to broken killcam mechanics, to truly hilarious hit detection for sniper rifles.

Considering the price of the game, the content offered, its quality and the complete lack of interest in the PC community on part of the developing studio, the bottomline is quite simple - do not buy this game.
  78. Dec 12, 2010
    Black-Oops is the correct name!
    A GREAT BiG EPIC FAIL!!
    BlackOps would have been the best COD game released, had they spend more time working on it. It appears Treyarch was in such a hurry to release the game, they forgot to check to see if it actually works Much to the gamers delight, ..... the game is plagued with excessive lag, freezes, glitches, and an occasional computer crash.
    Black-Oops is the correct name!
    A GREAT BiG EPIC FAIL!!
    Much to the gamers delight, .....
    It's what every gamer want from a $60 investment.
    But wait, there's more,...
    how about a menu that doesnt show your friends in game, or an invite menu that doesnt work until you press it 20 times.
    Can't find your favorite server? Simple solution
    Press the refresh button 50 times, it's bound to appear sooner or later (maybe)
    Better yet, just click on browsing servers and watch your computer freeze for about 90 seconds.
    Just the thrill of not being able to control your computer is enough to make you want to
    well...
    how can I say this....

VOMIT!!
    THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE
  79. Dec 15, 2010
    Leider hat mich das Game schwer enttäuscht. Serverabstürze, Verbindungsprobleme, Lags und Crashes sind an der Tagesordnung. Liebgewonnene Klassen aus den Vorgängern sind mitunter nicht mehr Spielbar: Der Sniper hat das aimen verlernt! Der Sound klingt dünn. Gegner sind nicht mehr lokalisierbar. Das Spawnsystem funktionniert nicht.Leider hat mich das Game schwer enttäuscht. Serverabstürze, Verbindungsprobleme, Lags und Crashes sind an der Tagesordnung. Liebgewonnene Klassen aus den Vorgängern sind mitunter nicht mehr Spielbar: Der Sniper hat das aimen verlernt! Der Sound klingt dünn. Gegner sind nicht mehr lokalisierbar. Das Spawnsystem funktionniert nicht. Die Grafik läà Expand
  80. Dec 15, 2010
    sigh after world at war the series went spiraling down the **** doesnt even work. **** this never buying a cod game again. im goin to go play battlefield now.
  81. Jan 24, 2011
    This is another stereotypical US/UK vs terrorist threat game, Counter-Strike would beat this game due to better game-play and variety then this piece of crap.
  82. Jan 1, 2011
    Well after spending a minimum of 12 hours trying to get this game to run smoothly and a further period of time reading Forum posts(including one where someone could not get it to run, without judder, on a 16 core machine !!!). I simply gave up and took it back to the shop. I got my money back by claiming it was a defective good. I have a high spec dual core machine and the patch to improveWell after spending a minimum of 12 hours trying to get this game to run smoothly and a further period of time reading Forum posts(including one where someone could not get it to run, without judder, on a 16 core machine !!!). I simply gave up and took it back to the shop. I got my money back by claiming it was a defective good. I have a high spec dual core machine and the patch to improve performance on dual core simply did not work Expand
  83. Jan 6, 2011
    Do yourself a favor, and don't buy this game. Its just another Call of Duty game that is created to suck our wallets dry, with little to no new upgrades to the series, Multiplayer is just stupid, if you want to play a good FPS just go buy Bad company 2, its better and you can save $40 in the process...
  84. Jan 7, 2011
    The graphics haven't changed, the story is simply fight club done through the vietnam war and the campaign is absolutely god awful., There is absolutely no flow and no level of enjoyment. You go from frustrating, single path, uncontrollable levels that last only about 20 minutes to annoying cut scenes that are the same thing over and over again,. A huge disappointment.
  85. Jan 9, 2011
    The worst and most frustrating Call of Duty title to date. If you like running around aimlessly firing from the hip then you will enjoy this game. If you like tactics and strategy elements then go for BFBC2. The Black Ops maps are far to small. The re-spawn mechanics are shameful, re-spawning you in amongst groups of enemies or in a location where enemies spawn behind you a few secondsThe worst and most frustrating Call of Duty title to date. If you like running around aimlessly firing from the hip then you will enjoy this game. If you like tactics and strategy elements then go for BFBC2. The Black Ops maps are far to small. The re-spawn mechanics are shameful, re-spawning you in amongst groups of enemies or in a location where enemies spawn behind you a few seconds later and shoot you in the back. Quick scoping is not possible and the maps have very limited locations for snipers to be very effective. Added to that fact; once you do make it into position the enemy know where to find you. Still bugged and laggy even after the patch. Battle Field Bad Company 2 is a far better and far more enjoyable game. I un-installed Black Ops and won't be playing it again. A complete waste of money. If I could get a refund I would and to think this game sold $360 million in North America and the UK alone on its first day. Shameful, shameful, shameful. I will never by another Treyarch product as long as I live. Expand
  86. Jan 22, 2011
    People buy CoD for multiplayer. New CoD game is released. Servers migrate to new CoD game. Old CoD game unplayable. Everyone buys new CoD game. Wow. Is that it? This is a pathetic money-grab scam fitted with a hashed-together single-player campaign. It's virtually a subscription fee. Paying £40 a year so you can still find a server to play on, if you can even play the serverPeople buy CoD for multiplayer. New CoD game is released. Servers migrate to new CoD game. Old CoD game unplayable. Everyone buys new CoD game. Wow. Is that it? This is a pathetic money-grab scam fitted with a hashed-together single-player campaign. It's virtually a subscription fee. Paying £40 a year so you can still find a server to play on, if you can even play the server and ignore the ridiculous lag that renders the whole thing pointless anyway. Load of **** Expand
  87. Jan 22, 2011
    Unforinutelly I can not return my money I spent for this poor designed and developed game. Never will bye any game from Activisition and Treyarch. Good advirtisment, bad game.
  88. Jan 31, 2011
    unplayable even on the newer pc's, developer is of no help in trying to fix any of the problems...save your money!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!! Waited for a long time for this and it's horrible. Pretty much a peice of crap.
  89. Feb 4, 2011
    this is kinda fraud.Activision does not care pc gamers.This game contains no fun but full of bugs

YES it is tru they have been releasing patches oh useless patches nothing to improve the game.Please don't waste money.You better buy something more productive instead.
  90. Feb 9, 2011
    Activision is yet again milking the call of duty franchise for as much money as possible. lets face it, they will never achieve a perfect balance that cod4 had.
  91. Feb 11, 2011
    This installment is so pathetic i feel they owe me the $59.99 for having to play it. The cinema ticâ
  92. Jun 18, 2011
    Horrible game for PC. It's like Activision isn't even focusing on their original community anymore. Sure the game has dedicated servers but there are so many bugs and faults in the game it's hardly enjoyable. One bug for example makes the game run like udder crap. I can run Crysis on full settings and get a solid 80 FPS whilst on this POS I get 30-50. The singleplayer was a laugh like anyHorrible game for PC. It's like Activision isn't even focusing on their original community anymore. Sure the game has dedicated servers but there are so many bugs and faults in the game it's hardly enjoyable. One bug for example makes the game run like udder crap. I can run Crysis on full settings and get a solid 80 FPS whilst on this POS I get 30-50. The singleplayer was a laugh like any COD and the multiplayer balance was stupid. Not to mention the joy os using an L96A1 AWM was ruined because the nerfed it to the point where I would get a hit marker to the face almost every time. This game wasn't even worth $20 with so much problems occurring. the nutshell: An over all POS shooter that will only interest n00bs and 12 year olds on xbox. Expand
  93. Feb 23, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME : The worst first person shooter ever created. If you want hours of frustration, misery and rage while playing online with the biggest collection of hackers, cheats and abusive scum ever to gather in one place buy Black Ops. If you want a great, balanced and good fun shooter buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Medal Of Honour. Black Ops is a disgrace. The maps areDO NOT BUY THIS GAME : The worst first person shooter ever created. If you want hours of frustration, misery and rage while playing online with the biggest collection of hackers, cheats and abusive scum ever to gather in one place buy Black Ops. If you want a great, balanced and good fun shooter buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Medal Of Honour. Black Ops is a disgrace. The maps are too small, spawning is the worst spawn mechanics I have ever experienced in a game. Die, spawn in amongst the enemy and die immediately. Spawn move from the spawn point and within a couple of seconds enemies spawn behind you and shoot you in the back. Watch blatant hacking and aimbot users not getting kicked off the server and ruining the match. Observe kill streak hacks that send a constant stream of Chopper Gunners and Attack Dogs being sent your way. Watch is complete awe as Treyarch completely ignore the complaints of their customer base and forum community liason employees act with complete contempt on the forums. Activision I will never buy a Call Of Duty game again. Treyarch stole my money and are completely useless load of money grabbers. Do yourselves a favour and get rid of them. Expand
  94. Feb 24, 2011
    A pathetic money grab by activision... close to unplayable and not worth the insane price its being sold for
    I should of just set my money on fire, that would of been more fun
  95. Mar 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. haha 60â Expand
  96. Mar 25, 2011
    Isn't this the SAME game I've already played like, 3 times? And even if it is the same game, couldn't they have at least TRIED to fix bugs, glitches, and game balance problems? Couldn't they have fixed these game breaking problems after THREE TRIES? I just wish some of the non-user reviews were more honest. I don't understand how they can ignore the fact that the game barely runs, even onIsn't this the SAME game I've already played like, 3 times? And even if it is the same game, couldn't they have at least TRIED to fix bugs, glitches, and game balance problems? Couldn't they have fixed these game breaking problems after THREE TRIES? I just wish some of the non-user reviews were more honest. I don't understand how they can ignore the fact that the game barely runs, even on consoles. Expand
  97. Mar 20, 2011
    Not. Fun. At. All. The campaign, while it has a half-decent story, is filled with stupidity like infinitely respawning enemies or broken control systems. If you like Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, you'll hate Black Ops' multiplayer. The game seems to always put you in the path of a sniper or noobtuber, resulting in instant death. The only map relatively safe from spawncamping is Nuketown,Not. Fun. At. All. The campaign, while it has a half-decent story, is filled with stupidity like infinitely respawning enemies or broken control systems. If you like Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, you'll hate Black Ops' multiplayer. The game seems to always put you in the path of a sniper or noobtuber, resulting in instant death. The only map relatively safe from spawncamping is Nuketown, and even then it's worse than other games. Local bot AI is horrendous: I can run up in front of them, knife them in the face, and they won't make any attempt to shoot me. Graphics quality took a step down from MW2, so that the game looks like it was made in 2006. It's a good thing my friend bought it before I did; this would be an instant return for me. Expand
  98. Mar 28, 2011
    Reskin the models, rename protagonist and antagonist, rewrite location names, replace the wood barrels add draw roads here and there and voila new game to make moar $$$. COD: Ripoff of the century. It's linear, it's cliche and it has ancient graphics. It doesn't deserve a dime.
  99. Mar 26, 2011
    I bought this game in NOV of 2010 and unistalled it 3 weeks later. This game bar far is pure trash! The multiplayer is junk every map looks the samel. Everything is build around metal walls that have vertical lines going throught it. Every maps is the size of a sardine can! I wouldn't suggest this game to my worst enemy! It is JUNK! Small maps! Every maps looks the SAME! Stop buying intoI bought this game in NOV of 2010 and unistalled it 3 weeks later. This game bar far is pure trash! The multiplayer is junk every map looks the samel. Everything is build around metal walls that have vertical lines going throught it. Every maps is the size of a sardine can! I wouldn't suggest this game to my worst enemy! It is JUNK! Small maps! Every maps looks the SAME! Stop buying into the hype and the marketing of these games! The COD series is DEAD! Stop buying the name brand, and stop buying the COD series it's JUNK! They make sniper rifles in this game for what? To shoot in a sardine can? Bunny hopping, knifing loser all running through LAG! COD IS DEAD! Don't buy this game it's JUNK! Expand

1. PC Format
    Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.