4.9

1. Nov 10, 2010
    Another pathetic money grab from activision. There's nothing innovative or fun about this version don't bother. Why on earth wasn't infinity ward used on this version? Treyarch is terrible. Remember when they released World At War?
  2. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is unplayable if you're on a PC and there has been no response from the developers. Releases like this spur on gaming piracy. Treyarch, I'll be illegally downloading your next release and seeding the torrent for the next 6 months. If Infinity Ward decides to come back and create another game, even if it's based off of a Jennifer Lopez movie, I'll take 2 copies for 80 bucks a piece.
  3. Nov 9, 2010
    Actually it is nearly unplayable online, even if you have a 30ms Ping! The game lags and everybody has problems to hit the enemy. Its a shame that every COD fan wanted this game, because of the dedicated server and then its unplayable, because it lags much more, than MW2 did!

A really bad start. If you want to buy it because of the Multiplayer, dont do it, unitl this problems are solved!
  4. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is truly disappointing in the PC version. It obviously is just a port from a console machine. Graphics below par, gameplay below par, shoddy multiplayer. Biggest disappointment of the year. Medal of Honor Tier 1 is far superior game and even that was lacking in comparison with BFC:2. This game would be a fantastic game had it been released 3-4 years ago. Terrible waste of money.
  5. Nov 9, 2010
    There is no was that the Critics played the same game that I am now. Black ops is playabe to an extent, but its a very broken game. I cannot get the zombies to play in Co-Op at all, most of the servers lag out and there are multiple graphic glitches, the single player looks exactly like World at War. The multiplayer is fun when it works, but there must have been no beta for this game at all for this many ungodly problems. OK game if it worked, but I've never seen a **** release than this. Stick with MW2 for a month or so and buy this later when it works. Expand
  6. Nov 9, 2010
    This game is absolutely unplayable in multiplayer. Constant network problems on top of the terrible FPS issues (there is already a post on the Steam forums with around 200,000 views). Whenever a player comes into view, the game will hiccup and stutter on even the best systems. Activision brought down the Tryarch Forums because of the complaints, what does that tell you?

How could they
    honestly not see the problems with this during testing? Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2010
    Pretty disappointing this time round from CoD: Black Ops, dedicated servers that is only available in the States that disallows the asians to play with low ping, Average ping is about 300ms. Can't even create your own game excluding private matches. Sound effects are utterly terrible, you have Helicopter killstreak chaingun sounded like some silenced chaingun. Choppy FPS as what LassKnacken has mentioned. Unfriendly Interface that people can't even figure out how to invite another friend to a co-op game. Collapse
  8. Nov 9, 2010
    Stick with the Console versions because this is not a PC game. It's a port with one server provider, which is Gameservers. They are the worst servers to have. With Battlefield bad Company 2, those servers were plagued with server lag and horrible downtime.

I couldn't imagine a popular game like COD Black Ops being able to run on those servers, and guess what? It was unplayable. If
    Multiplayer is the only reason why you want to play this game, then don't waste you money. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2010
    An unplayable port - SP and MP. It looks 3 years old but eats resources like Crysis 7. Severe audio stuttering, deadly lags, server problems, gameplay breaking frame-rate drops on gaming machines well above the recommended configuration, laughable hodgepodge story... If they cannot somehow patch this load of manure into playability, I would not recommend picking it up even from the bargain bin - where it will pretty soon land. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2010
    Completely crap game. This is a 60 dollar beta, and nothing more. More than 90% of the online features either don't work or they are extremely buggy. Nobody in the entire pc gaming community can play a coop game of zombies. Half of the times, the attachments that you put on your gun don't carry over to your next game. The SP is incredibly short and there are absolutely no reasons to justify a 60 dollar purchase for this game.

Things that don't work"
    Zombies Coop
    Theatre and filesharing
    Upgrades
    Multiplayer as a whole [Incredibly laggy on all servers]

Do not buy this game. Boycott bad producers who think little of their customers, and have the nerve to sell a beta to the public as an actual retail game.
  11. Nov 10, 2010
    Unplayable MP, stuttering like mad on C2D 3.0 with 4gb and 9800GTX card...even on lowest settings. Then there's lag issues, CTD problems....you get the picture. Stear clear from this junk until it's fixed.
  12. Nov 10, 2010
    Is the worst game I ever seen. Play black ops for computer is like play a beta game. Bugs everywhere and the cpu's lag problem. Black ops has 874000 kb cpu usage. And you die and lag in single player, in multiplayer and in the zombie mod. In multiplayer game i have between 20 and 75 fps at the low resolution; and i have a gtx 460. This game is unplayable until a patch that fix this problems. Without words. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2010
    Even without all the lag, it's blatantly just another console port and a bad one at that. For one Treyarch should have had an open beta a couple of weeks before release. This game needs an overhall, bring COD back to it's PC roots for the love of god!
  14. Nov 29, 2010
    Pathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game. People using high end gaming computers that are way over min spec can't run the game without massive amounts of stuttering/lag. Activision really let its fans down with this one. 2 patches later and they still have not figured out the problems. Activision needs to fix Black Ops and do it quickly. They've already lost alot of COD fans and I doubt that I or my friends will be buying the next COD. Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2010
    So, the server browser only shows about 10% of the total amount of servers out there, making it hard to search for servers with your friends. Joining your friends via the browser does not seem to be activated yet, so you must wait until one buddy finds a good server and then invites you. The game will grab onto and hold most of your CPU resources making the game lag something fierce in MP and somewhat less in SP. This seems to be an issue for the majority of the players and a quick search on the web confirms this. My score is based on the SP part since the MP part is unplayable and would have to be given a score of 0. Once the emergency fix/patch is released, Black Ops will probably be a decent expantion for World At War. Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2010
    Even if you ignore the lazy and short SP where the game practically plays itself FOR you, you then still have a broken game besides that and all this at an outrageous price AND using the insidious Steam software. If this was a fiver, it might be worth giving a look. Right now? Don't kid yourself - if you call yourself a real gamer, move on.
  17. Nov 10, 2010
    Overall I am very disappointed and I feel like I should have never fallen for this trap. At the end of the day Activision wants to make money and that is exactly what they are doing by releasing sub-par, unfinished console ports each year.
    I honestly didn't think they could make a game worse than modern warfare 2 but alas they have. The game feels like a copy of butchered call of duty 4
    and is nowhere near finished and if I could I would return the game to steam. The main issues I have with the game right now are: The server browser, very poorly designed, you can not filter by ping e.g. ( Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2010
    Outside of the fact that the PC port is nearly unplayable in some situations, I finished the single player in a half a day. I bought a $60 multiplayer piece of junk. Never again, Activision.
  19. Nov 10, 2010
    This game fails in so many ways it is amazing that Treyarch and Activision released this. It's no wonder they spent tens of thousands of dollars pampering professional reviewers, there is no other way they would give this game a good score. CoD Black Ops is just a plain bad game.

Black Ops does nothing really new. The only real exciting thing about Black Ops is the extra layer of
    customization available for the online multiplayer. Dedicated servers for the PC version was a good way to win over the hearts of the anti-Infinity Ward group, but they should have probably done at least SOME testing, since it's obvious the server and clients just aren't on the same page. Using dedicated servers is actually worse than the P2P connections of Modern Warfare 2. As far as gameplay is concerned, it's the same ol' respawn and shoot 'em up. I really don't mind that, as I didn't expect this game to be anything different, but given its other flaws, they needed to do something new.

The multiplayer gameplay is horrid. It's far too fast, and the game clearly favors SMGs with fast moving kits. Let me stop here, and stop the flames, I played CS2 as a part of a tournament invitational team, played every FPS under the sun, and I would consider myself pretty damned good at shooters. The multiplayer matches are chalked full of guys diving every time they see someone, even if they come up behind them. If they are not whoring out their prone key, they are bouncing around like a drunken night elf. The weapons behave as far from realistically as possible. I understand realism isn't necessarily fun, but it's almost as though Treyarch just pulled some numbers out of their ass as to how these weapons act and how much damage they do. And why are knife kills from the front still 1 shot kills? Every other modern game has addressed frontal melee kills, but not Call of Duty. I like a little bit of realism in games I play, and this game is far from that at every level. I was in the Army, and have extensive weapons and explosives training due to my MOS, so I think I can safely say I know what I am talking about here.

The single player portion of the game does nothing new or different. In fact, most of the single player campaign seems ripped right out of Modern Warfare 1 and 2's playbook.

In short, this game's flaws are frustrating at best, and infuriating at worst. Black Ops multiplayer is far too fast and favors the one who can hit their prone key fastest, and aiming seems to do little to help, as the characters move inhumanly fast. Save your money for Battlefield 3, and this is coming from someone who got through all 10 prestige levels of MW2 and WaW.
  20. Nov 10, 2010
    It's obvious that none of the critics played the PC version of this game. I bought the game specifically for multi-player, and the stuttering/lag makes the game nearly unplayable. How did Treyarch allow this game to be released for PC with all the lag/graphics/freezing problems? They're so obvious that a drunk and retarded monkey would notice them in the first 5 seconds of playing! My only hope is that people stop buying this game until the developers fix this disaster. I wish that I had never bought this game, nothing but a disappointment. Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2010
    Bugs and lag because they don't know how to program PC anymore just platform.
    I'm sorry but cod lost it's PC players already, just give up until you can get it right.
  22. Nov 10, 2010
    Unplayable SP and MP yet another fail just like MW2 and overhyped game. If there isnt going to be a patch soon now then this will be my last COD. And i will stick with Counter Source and the Battlefield BC2 franchise forever.
  23. Nov 10, 2010
    This game blows in its current state. Treyarch/Activision have just released another top level game and made us $60 beta testers. There is no excuse for releasing a game in this state. So much lag, and that is even if you are able to get in the game unlike the black load screen many people are dealing with. This might be a great game several patches from now, but at the moment it is unplayable. I really question if they even bothered to test this at all before release, because with the current issues there is no way in hell this stuff would not have been noticed had it been tested. I guess all my ranting comes down to this for game companies, stop worrying about the quick cash grab and release a good game. If your game doesn't work, delay it and make it work then release it. Instead of us paying $60 to "play" this game, Activision should be paying us $60 to beta test their game, especially when Treyarch is doing the game and they're known to release garbage. The only reason I am giving this a 1 is I have a little hope that if they fix it, that it could be a decent game. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2010
    So depressing. Bugs galore, INSANE lag in both the campaign and in the multiplayer which makes MP pretty much unplayable. All this was a huge slap in the face after paying the full $60 for Black Ops on Steam (why it's still $60 even though there's no disc/case/booklet/shipping/etc i don't know) AND having to wait till 9 a.m. only to have the game be unavailable until 5 p.m. only to stumble into a world of issues that should have been dealt with before it was released. Even www.callofduty.com crapped out when I tried to post in their forums by redirecting you to the USA Today hompage and did so for a few hours afterward. Apparently nobody cares about their product or us lowly consumers anymore, just their revenue streams. This is far worse than the Fallout:New Vegas release, and I almost threw my Xbox 360 version of that in the garbage disposal. Too bad I got the digital download, I won't be tossing my comp out the window but COME THE F@#K ONNNN!!!!! Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2010
    Truely awful. Any critic that gave this a good review should hang their head in shame, this game is a disgrace - the multiplayer is completely unplayable. Played every COD game since release, enjoyed MW2 despite it's short comings - this just takes the biscuit though.
  26. Nov 10, 2010
    Single player is horrible with same generic linear gameplay trying to tell a strory, but it falls in horrible ai and lazily scripted event with not even close ot enough triggers to make gameplay fluent and ai teammates to feel real. This is which breaks the flow of the game and cant really get into it no matter how hard i try. Same problems still exist to every cod game after COD2. Teammates keep emptying clips at visible opponents without actually killing anything until player finds the trigger which gets the teammates to move forward.

Multiplayer is very normal cod quality though making snipers unusable makes the game faster which is better in arcade shooter like this. The new game modes are fun but not enough to merit buying this if you already own mw1, bc2 or even mw2.
  27. Nov 10, 2010
    There is absolutely no way that the PC version was tested. My computer far exceeds the minimum requirements, but the game is an unplayable mess of problems at the moment. Activision's current response to widepsread problems is a claim that no on meets the minimum specs. The main campaign is a stuttering, crashing mess with an okay plot. Zombie mode is nothing new, but the special map with JFK, Nixon, Castro, and McNamara was funny. Multiplayer gamplay wise is pretty much the same MW2's, but suffers from a much smaller and unbalanced weapon count. Multiplayer at the moment is a godawful mess if bugs that will be impossible for Treyarch to ever fix. Whether it's getting a error that steam must be running to play the game when you're launching the damn game from steam, getting a connection error on a bot match you're playing by yourself, never having your proper name appear ingame, or just stuttering around the map getting killed by the magical 1% of people with no problems. Dedicated servers are provided ONLY by paying gameservers to host your server for you. I could not honestly recommend this game to anyone t the moment. Stay away for at least one year, and maybe by then Treyarch will have patched it to a barely playable state. The only thing stopping it from getting a 0 is the glorious voice acting in the zombie level with presidents. Expand
  28. Nov 10, 2010
    This game lacks any of the shine and polish for which the Call of Duty franchise is rightly known. The engine's performance is execrable on any but the most expensive hardware, the multiplayer feels more arcade-ey and cheap than in previous iterations and the game's AI is erratic at best. This is all particularly insulting given Activision's decision to charge 50% more for the game in Australia to gouge every cent it could given that country's favourable exchange rate to the US Dollar. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2010
    I'm a very positive person, but this game is utter trash. The single player is pretty neat, but if you're looking for multiplayer at all, don't waste your money. I feel like I just gave $60 to a bum to buy a hot meal and watched him spend it on crack and OD. It makes me so mad that companies can release pieces of trash as buggy as this. The game lags no matter how good your internet/computer is. There is NO FEATURE that allows you to play with your friends. The server browser that shows your friends game is broken and there's no steam integration. The only way to get in a ranked match with your friends is through the in game invite system and once you're you can't pick or switch teams! Are you *@#*(&ing kidding me?! Did anyone playtest this game? I literally would have felt better about flushing my $60 down the toilet and punching myself in the genitals. Expand
  30. Nov 25, 2010
    Don't buy this piece of broken code, it's a waste of money. Multi
    player part is unplayable, and I really mean unplayable. Single player
    part is... well, it's a CoD, which means you just have to press a
    button now and then and that's it.
  31. Nov 11, 2010
    This is not a PC game! This is a 60 â
  32. Nov 10, 2010
    90% - what a joke, which game did these reviewers play????, go to Steam Forums if you want to hear about the issues this game has, lag, stuttering problems make the game unplayable. I cannot play without massive lagggg in multiplayer or single player. Top end rigs are also effected according Steam users. They did not release a PC beta of the game and it is obvious. Do not buy until something is resolved. For me COD4 is still the best. Expand
  33. Nov 11, 2010
    Some people are commenting about "no innovation" but I think they're doing a good job with the campaign and the zombie mode -- it's very creative. However, there are very too many game-breaking issues at launch for this game to deserve a decent rating. Perhaps the console versions are okay, but the PC version is buggy beyond being enjoyable. Nazi Zombies game lobbies close with "Game is no longer available" or "Party is no longer available" if just one person quits. No matter who the host is, if one person quits, the whole lobby goes down. Multiplayer suffers from serious spawn issues. Half of the maps are small (some extremely tiny -- Nuketown). In these small maps, you might spawn and then move 10 feet off your spawn -- guess what? -- an enemy spawns right where you left and shoots you in the back! Squad-based spawn with bases in safety areas that enemies cannot enter (ala Battlefield/Bad Company) would be nice. But currently, the game suffers from several issues that simply shouldn't have been present at launch. Thus the incredibly low rating. If these issues are rectified with patches, I will adjust my rating accordingly. (P.S., we prefer to get several small patches as soon as they are tested rather than one large unweildy patch that has too many things for Treyarch to test.) Expand
  34. Nov 29, 2010
    This game is one of the worst in Call of Duty history, it's not polished and the lack of effort Treyarch have put into this game really shows how terrible it is, the so called 'Community' they were listening to were the XBOX360 Community while PC were abandoned with a poor sluggish console port, never in my life have I seen a cheap un-stable release. I feel like such an idiot for wasting 59 bucks on this, The Single Player is extremely short, boring, and repetitive, I feel like I'm playing World at War, simply because they haven't changed the engine much. This game should be worth $4.99 otherwise, it's not worth buying, save your money, wait for the next Call of Duty, read some feedback from the COMMUNITY, not BS reviewers bribed to give high scores, then decide whether you're ready to waste the next 365 days of your life. Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2010
    So assuming they actually make multi-player playable this game may actually merit a better rating, from what I have managed to play online on our clan server & others there is no "lag" problem its just a really bad programming problem that is hogging almost all of your CPU power. Now I don't have the fastest computer in the world but I should be able to play without FRAME STOPPING every 15 seconds! Yes I said frame stopping even my buddies running i7's with the same or better graphics cards do it too.(my thought is the in game theatre is broken and doesn't need to be there its a novel idea at best) Anyway I have not played SP yet, however I am sure it is solid maybe not the best but I am sure it will entertain me. I am just too fed up to even launch the game at this point. Oh and don't even start me on the problems with running a dedicated server or even just supporting the server you paid for.... Expand
  36. Nov 10, 2010
    Multiplayer is far too frustrating due to the terrible lag. I recommend staying away from this game until this is addressed.

Single player is okay, but the AI really blows. Enemies are repetitive and lack any "intelligence"...which just ends up making them feel artificial. I'm basically just entertaining myself with SP until Online play is fixed. Not getting of the reported problem
    in single player. Gameplay is pretty smooth, with the occasional audio skip during a cutscene.

Had to play BFBC2 because the lag was so terrible. Basically they've released a $60 beta for multiplayer...which is pretty disappointing to say the least. But at the same time, they've probably sold more $60 beta copies in the history of video games...so I can't imagine any of the studios/publishers involved with this game really care....they've just made a huge amount of cash.
  37. Nov 10, 2010
    THE GAME WAS RELEASED IN A NONE WORKING CONDITION! How the hell can Activision spend millions on marketing and yet not find out about this bug through testing? I want my money back dammit! Treyarch you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing this game in the condition it is in. Seriously, an unplayable game? WTF is your testing team smoking over there? I will never purchase a game from Treyarch again! Expand
  38. Dec 1, 2010
    This game does not deserve one sixteenth the hype it gets. The people at activision continue to rip off and rob 12-18 year olds blind. It is virtually the same game as MW2, for $60, what a rip off. The only reason why this new, despicable call of duty franchise is popular, is because it was released on a good platform during the right time. Despite all game play ideals and miserable healing (QUICK! ILL DUCK BEHIND THIS BARREL TO HEAL!) Nobody on the console side of the spectrum accurately judges the value of this pile of **** The BEST call of duty game by far was 2, but now they are on 8? The only reason they have survived is a pathetic shooter with a generation that does not recognize a good FPS. It is shameful to see where my generation is headed. If WE are going to lead the USA one day, we are truly screwed. I could talk about how the Xbox and stupid stuff like this is bringing down the fall of mankind, but this is a game review. BOTTOM LINE, IT SUCKS. COD4 and 2 where the best of all time, THIS IS A FLAMING PILE OF DOG **** ON YOUR FRONT PORCH. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2010
    Quite the most awful game release Ive seen in a long time. Obvious money grab from Bobby Kotick and his thieves.

Awful Graphics. Awful Sound. Full of Bugs. Dont buy. Its shocking that The reviewers are lying about it, but then again maybe Kotick has their families held hostage, I wouldnt put it past the slimeball. Activision is the enemy of gamers everywhere. Boycott their crap until
    Kotick gets the boot. Expand
  40. Nov 25, 2010
    The game causes BluScreens. Google it. Lots of Bugs. Stutter on Intel i7 Extreme @3.8GHz, 6GB RAM, Dual GTX460. Everything runs above 70FPS all settings high and this POS will stutter and drop to 5 FPS. This is just inexcusable.
  41. Dec 27, 2010
    In all honesty, if reviews are meant to review the vanilla, unpatched version of a game, this deserves a 1 or 2 at best. When Treyarch released the PC version of Black Ops with NO, read it, NO BETA TESTING being done for the PC version, you knew there would be trouble. Lo and behold, framerate issues, and lag issues not only in the MP facet but also in the SP, Zombie mode, AND on the menus caused such a great stir in the community that I nearly returned the game. But after seeing Treyarch was working on a patch (one redeeming quality they have - they listen to the community), I decided to hold onto it. What resulted was a game that was solid. Not great, but solid.

The SP story was forgettable and really...just too much. It was hard to get a grasp on what was going on so often because there was just way too much going on on the screen at once. Too many explosions, to many expletive laced, non-witty comments, forgettable squad-mates (yes even Reznov was forgettable in this story), disjointed story (I know they intended that, but it worked against them), and overall just too claustrophobic. The ending had a twist, but I could have cared less about it. The campaign honestly was about a 3 or 4 out of 10 for me.

The MP is fun for the most part, and I have much more fun playing in the HC modes, and being on the PC, server customization really is a huge plus. The level of customization for your guns, character, emblem and what have you, is a really enjoyable feature Treyarch put a lot of effort into. But despite the balance, and the deep customization system built in the MP, the replay/fun factor for me is quite low. I feel I get bored too often in the MP. I honestly had more fun in MW2 - yes with OMA + Danger Close noob tubers and all. Zombie mode is the true redeeming quality for me with Black Ops. Everything is is either blandly average, or well-below average. No matter how you cut it, there is just no way you cannot help but have a blast in zombie mode. Plain in simple it is the reason why I'm giving this game a 5/10. The graphics are dated, the SP campaign and story is confusing and laughable, the MP is good but just plain Jane good and not fun, the sound effects are rather poor (too many explosions and LOUD white noise) and the musical score is blandly average. Zombie mode? Awesome.

Overall this is a game I would have much rather waited for in the bargain bin, but it is still a somewhat enjoyable experience. If you truly want well-thought out stories, stick to RPG's and adventure games (ME 2, RDR, Bioshock, Fallout, TES). Solid and replayable MP? BC2. Fun and frantic MP? MW2 (despite the bugs). But Black Ops unfortunately does not stand out and is blandly middle of the road.
  42. Nov 10, 2010
    The game has gained so much expectations because of previous success of the COD series,but I think Black Ops was definitely a major disappointment for me.

The game suffered from very serious graphic lags in both SP and MP on my PC,which can run Modern Warfare 2 at maximum setting without any problem. Even the intro movie and all the video clips between levels lag. In multilayer games, the
    graphics also lag so bad that I find sniper rifles almost useless. Disabling demo recording might help a little bit, but the lag is still quite an issue.

The sound effects of Black Ops is terrible. In MP games, the weapons sounded like fireworks and the flash bangs make a really weird sound when you throw them.In-game voices sounds very retarded. Sometimes your own footsteps sound like someone walking behind you.The announcements from radio sounded like cheap ass recording too.

MP maps are ridiculously CQB-focused.

In-game texts look so ugly that it looked like some cheap ass rip-off of MW2

When you hit shift to start sprinting,you can't stop sprinting by hitting shift again.You have to stop moving or wait till stamina runs out.

The way characters move are much less realistic than MW2. It made the game seemed like CS.

One tiny but retarded thing is that when you change the resolution,no matter which arrow you click,the resolution will always change in ascending order.

There are also issues with connections as a lot of official servers are very unstable.

The perks have been rearranged into different categories,and the categories didnt make much sense.

The COD point was a good idea and I liked the new modes in wager match. just wish they had it in MW2. After a little while i realized that COD points are just worthless, since they are so easy to earn in ranked games and there's no point of gambling in wager matches at all.

Anyways the above were my major complaints. Overall the gameplay experience is terrible compared to MW2. I'd say its a very average shooter, and because of being overhyped, my score of this game drops from average to bad.

Lastly, the best thing about Black Ops is that it reminded me of how great MW2 is.
  43. Nov 10, 2010
    If you have a high end PC with great graphics cards then stay away from this game. The PC version looks like something from 3-5 years ago even with all settings high even o 1920x1200 or more . The game is based around 5 year old console hardware running in 680x470 resolution. The game doesn't support stuff like eyefinity. I know great graphics doesn't make the game but the graphics is so bad it gets in the way. it makes BFB2 and MOH MP look fantastic. They not only look better than BlackOps but plays and sounds better too. $60 down the toilet. No idea why most critics love it. I guess it's same as MW2 where critics love it but most end players hate it.â Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2010
    The game simply lacks fun. The singleplayer story is told through cutscenes. The only part you get in the game is playing with broken A.I's. Outdated graphics, and boring storyline.

With the multiplayer, despite the obvious lies and bugs, it is overrated.
    A basic game with small maps and a few guns. With the exception of a few graphical customizations which don't change the game play at
    all.

Wager matches would have been fun, if you could bet a decent amount and if cod points were useful in anything other than a new background for your playercard.

With the zombie mode, you would be better off buying Left For Dead 2. The only reason it was added was to boost sales.
  45. Nov 11, 2010
    Lag in MP, slow performance, boring scripted SP, Steam exculsive, no LAN, no REAL DEDICATED SERVERS, nothing new expect the maps, lots of kids screaming around, I don't like this.

Game should not be released unfinished and without beta testing for the balance. This is sh*t.
  46. Nov 11, 2010
    I've got a pretty nice PC, but the multiplayer is almost unplayable. Single-player works, but the frame rate is extremely unstable compared to MW2.

How could Treyarch **** this up so badly?
  47. Nov 11, 2010
    WOW...another epic fail...poor server connections...really crappy sound...seriously the ambient sound blends with the active sound (guns and explosions) to the point were it muffles it all...then there is the problem that the software was so unstable when you play online ..either you will crash the game or the server will crash.....wow next time use beta for debug .........Activision should just give the game away...because charging for this piece of crap should be theft!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  48. Nov 11, 2010
    Shaky release full of bugs that rendered the game nearly unplayable for many people. Thankfully the kinks have been largely ironed out and I can now say this game continues the entertaining lineage of the COD series. A worthy buy if you're a fan of first person shooters. Intense multiplayer action, reformed equipment upgrade system (you purchase them with money earned each round), compelling single player campaign; a fun time. Expand
  49. Nov 25, 2010
    After 2 weeks the game was released, IT STILL UNPLAYABLE FOR ME!! The pathetic developer's update is USELESS!! I still have DirectX error, freeze when I play neither single or multiplayer (DX and driver already update). I CAN'T BELIEVE Treyarch create a 60$ TRASH! I'll never buy any series of Call of Duty. For those who is considering buying this game, DON'T BUY IT !! Save your money!!
  50. Nov 27, 2010
    I consider myself a casual gamer. I love FPS games, going back to Counter-Strike. I played most of the Call of Duty games, including MW2. I was really looking forward to Black Ops, thinking it could only improve on previous titles. If it was just MW2 with dedicated servers and a better use of the VAC anti-cheat system, it couldn't fail! I preordered the first day it was possible to do so. After an endless wait, I finally played the game, and within the first few minutes, I was hugely dissapointed. The game released with major technical problems, including constant studdering on even the best machines, major lag issues for random people at random times, freezing for 5-10 seconds during gameplay, and random crashing. Those issues can eventually be fixed, though they already have my money and since I can't get a refund, there is nothing forcing them to do so. But, it was far worse than that. The rank system, using a combination of money and exp seems to trip over itself. Eventually the money becomes totally worthless and just builds up forever, as there is nothing to spend money on once everything is unlocked. The dedicated servers all have their own rules, such as "no claymores" (which is the only usefull equipment), "no rc cars", "no second chance perk", etc. You can't change your class once you get in a server, so if you use any of these things you basically have to find another place to play. There is no way to play with your friends. Almost every COD game in the past had this. Even if a friend joins the server you are in, there is no way to change teams, so you often end up opposing eachother. Many players, including myself, play with friends over Vent or other voice programs and like to play together tactically, which is impossible in this game. There is no co-op for the campaign. The single-player is far too short. The only thing I like about the multiplayer over other COD games is the face paint. There are many, many other things that seem to go back in time for PC gamers. We lost so much that we have gained over the years. I have since went back to MW2, which is full of hackers and noob tubers, but is still far better than Black Ops. Expand
  51. Nov 29, 2010
    When I heard about CoD BO, I was saying to myself "Hmm Treyarch did an amazing job with WaW in my opinion, This one should be more balanced and more fun than MW2"
    Seems like I was wrong.
    First of all, FPS drops and freezes on high-end PC's, As most of you probably know.
    Then, The Multiplayer is more balanced, But its just not fun at all. A average number of hackers.
    The single player is
    simply horrible. 80% of everything is scripted in the campaign, Overuse of unrealistic events, And above all, Very short campaign.
    I remember playing rare games on the N64, These games took minimum 30 hours to complete at 100%. Even now, Several old FPS game had a lot of re-playability, Such as DOOM, Half-Life 1 and more. I still play these games even after ten years!
    Black ops is 4-5 hours max to complete the campaign, And the zombie mode is not entertaining at all.
    Multiplayer takes around 15 hours to get to max level, And I don't waste time on prestige because I play games for fun, Not for ranks.
    I'd rather do the Vice City or San Andreas campaign once more than play this game one more minute.
    Activision, You have ripped me off for the last time, I will NEVER buy a CoD title again in my entire life.
    This game get a big 0.
  52. Nov 13, 2010
    Modern Warfare2 was SO much better that releasing this in an insult to COD-players. Bugs, lag, and more bugs. I really don't believe the 'biggest launch ever' crap either. This 'game' is way sub-par.
  53. Nov 9, 2010
    Single player in this game is truly horrible. The storyline looks like it was written by someone who was consuming LSD in large quantities by watching Rambo 3, Red Heat, and other similar trash action movies. Maps are badly designed, and railroaded even worse than they were in MW2. Graphics is dated even on highest settings. Overall gameplay is like MW2, except even more repetitive and boring.

Don't even get me started on a handheld (!) minigun (!!) in a Soviet labor camp (!!!); flamethrower-wielding Viet Kong; and M4 carbine and ACOG sights in the hands of US troops in Nam. At least the previous installations tried to maintain some semblance of sanity... Oh, and guys? Can you please hire a couple Russians to do the voice-over next time? Whoever did it for this game, it sounds like the worst moments of Red Heat. For starters, It's VorkutA, not VorkUta, and the rest of it is way worse than that.
  54. Dec 12, 2010
    Black-Oops is the correct name! A GREAT BiG EPIC FAIL!! BlackOps would have been the best COD game released, had they spend more time working on it. It appears Treyarch was in such a hurry to release the game, they forgot to check to see if it actually works Much to the gamers delight, ..... the game is plagued with excessive lag, freezes, glitches, and an occasional computer crash.
    It's what every gamer want from a $60 investment.
    But wait, there's more,...
    how about a menu that doesnt show your friends in game, or an invite menu that doesnt work until you press it 20 times.
    Can't find your favorite server? Simple solution
    Press the refresh button 50 times, it's bound to appear sooner or later (maybe)
    Better yet, just click on browsing servers and watch your computer freeze for about 90 seconds.
    Just the thrill of not being able to control your computer is enough to make you want to
    well...
    how can I say this....

VOMIT!!
    THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE
  55. Nov 10, 2010
    Black Ops single player is far from a perfect experience. While it does have some truly stand out moments which help its case. The whole interrogation portion of the main story is jarring and inconsistent; this caused me never once to feel connected to anything that was going on in the game nor with any of the characters. It also should be noted that playing this game on anything more than Normal mode is purely an exorcise in frustration. There are times when you'll receive no updates as to that you're objectives are at all causing you to die repeatedly while trying to reach your way-points. Only after stumbling across them blindly do you get any sort of a hint as to what you should be doing. Your team AI is also absolutely incompetent, there were many times where you could be following one of your AI companions and they'll totally ignore rushing enemies only to have them appear next to you.and then melee you to death. This brings to mind the recent relaunch of Medal of Honor. Many times during the single player experience in that game my AI squad mates would call out enemy locations "Enemy at 4 O'clock, second story" which would in turn lead me to scope out that area and down the bad guys. This never happened at any point in Black Ops. If anything I felt they simply got in my way.
    By the end of the game I just wanted it to be over and I found myself only playing more to unlock the next Achievement and in my mind thats not a very good reason to play games. The multi player component of the game is where it really comes into it's own and is the main reason I gave Black Ops a 7/10
  56. Nov 10, 2010
    I have a Q6600 at 3.4ghz and a hd5870. I can play the single player no problem. Just passed it on veteran. (theres a bit in Vietnam that was insane.) Went to try multi player and it was a joke. Was quite excited for a cod with dedicated servers after the mess that was mw2 multi player. I connected and found it un playable. Massive lag spikes where I would accelerate or slow down then get shot. I understand it has just been released and may need a patch but has it been tested at all? Honestly don't buy it for multiplayer untill it gets fixed, If you do like me your waisting your money. I haven't posted here before and gave it a 10 by accident last time. Its a 7 at best. Only because of single player being a 8 hour long michael bay movie. Multi I give a 4 because it is un playable. Good Ideas but a joke. Expand
  57. Nov 10, 2010
    Very laggy online as others have said. Just not very much fun multiplayer. Maps are small. Haven't played single-player yet, but if it's anything like the multiplayer, I wish I hadn't bought it through Steam so I could get a refund.
  58. Nov 10, 2010
    terrible lag terrible graphics. Treyarch SUCKS
    Lopez movie, I'll take 2 copies for 80 bucks a piece. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2010
    This is a terribly make over of what I felt was a good game. In nearly every aspect the once good franchise has been beaten. From the menus to the new voice overs it feels as if they were cheap and hurried for the sake of remaking them. Every aspect of this game was taken in and crapped all over an attempt to fake originality. The level system is still there, but now you have to buy things too. It's added complexity for no real benefit. Way to go... Expand
  60. Nov 11, 2010
    I guess they just had to release this title before the big Christmas sales in order to cash in. This big a problem, being the incredibly laggy and buggy multiplayer AND singleplayer with issues, should have and must have been tracked down and resolved after proper testing. They might fix this fast, and with a proper patch this will be a very entertaining title in both mp and sp, but Treyarch and Activision (and Steam?) deserve a "Boo!" on another failing opening week, especially on the poor quality of the PC edition. Expand
  61. Nov 11, 2010
    Terrible game. Activsion needs slapped. First day = everyone using mp5k. Doesnt matter if you fire first because the lag kills you. The gun is OP. Whats with everyone having commando..come on you removed the perk instead you gave the ability to everyone by default! :(
  62. Nov 11, 2010
    Do not buy this game.

Treyarch again show how bad they are at making games. This is a copy paste of MW2 and WaW and half of the glue didnt even work. What has resulted is a deeply unsatisfying game. There are HUGE technical issues making the game unplayable at release. Footsteps are too quiet, killstreaks are boring, guns and equipment are poorly balanced....there is NO innovation...i
    mean i remember thinking WaW was a bad WW2 mod of MW2, Black Ops is just a disaster.

The only way this game will be good on PC is it gameservers.com can provide GOOD servers and there is a promod released that can make the game play competitive.
  63. Nov 11, 2010
    I don't understand why they have to change a system that's been working fine for 10+ years.Don't mind then putting steam in place so people don't crack the game.But why cant it just work like Counter-Strike servers.I know the rating should be about the single player. But 80% of games today buy a game for the MP , when is there going to be an critic rating on online game play!!!! The game is completely unplayable.So disappointing.I should have learned my lesion with Modern Warfare 2. I'll never buy a Cod game again. They really ruined their own brand with 2 really shocking releases in a row. Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2010
    I don't want waste my money on this creepy peace of code. Fps freezing all the time. Foolish storyline and bugging multilayer. Even Moh looks better...
  65. Nov 11, 2010
    OK...Just OK

Maps are too deep and opponents disappear into the scenery. This makes for a boring camper heaven. I have played 100 games maybe half reach the max score as most of the players are just hiding. Very "glitchy" hard to aim or see the already impossibly tough to see hidden campers. Did Treyarch not learn anything from Infinity Ward? In MW2, at distance the opponents were not
    microscopic, they were big enough to still have a gunfight. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2010
    Released way too early, or they had lousy testing and quality assurance. There are too many bugs to make this game enjoyable, unless you're playing the campaign on a quad core with this year's video cards.

Nazi Zombies lobbies crash all the time when people leave. Lobby leaderboard filter doesn't default to "Lobby". You can't change the filter directly on the lobby page -- sub-dialogs
    are annoying! The flashing explosions and lights video plays every single time the lobby crashes. Every. single. time. Spawning in multiplayer is ridiculous. You spawn, then you move, and an enemy spawns where you just were and shoots you in the back, especially on the smaller maps. Nuketown is an awesome concept, but it's too small! Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2010
    I regret ever hearing about this game, so badly the overall lack of quality strikes at me. I'm hugely disappointed in the single player, which is just a bad action movie on triple speed. The story is non-existent, audio badly worked, the engine is buggy, maps very railroaded and scripted, bad playability and just not fun in any way. I won't even bother to try the multiplayer, being aware of the issues. I wish I had saved my self from the disappointment. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2010
    I own every COD game. I can say without a doubt that this is the most inexcusably awful COD game ever released, including the very disappointing MW2. Treyarch willfully released a broken PC game while at the same time shamelessly trumpeting their dedication to creating a proper PC FPS. Treyarch failed to perform seemingly rudimentary QA and fixes to this abomination of a game. This game is an embarrassment to Treyarch and Activision, an insult to PC gamers, and a waste of my money. And- as usual, the paid game review rags appear shamelessly oblivious to the obvious shortcomings of this awful game. Expand
  69. Nov 9, 2010
    Score (85)

This COD is one of the best I've played so far, Treyarch have outdone them self. I've only played some of the Single player Campaign and they've put alot of thought into this game but there's also places that made me think back and recognise that exact part in the older COD's :) but it's doesn't matter they've put a lot of new stuff into the story.
    As for the Multi player, i
    like the mix from dedicated servers and steam :) i just love the new kill streaks :) Expand
  70. Nov 9, 2010
    The first honest review on here so far:
    To start with I DESPISED MW2..it was literally the worst thing to ever have the CoD name splattered on it.
    I bought and played a few minutes of BO today (needs a patch to fix the lag issues before I can really play it) and it's better than MW2..but not by much. I'm bummed that the maximum ranked server size is only 18..but I can get over that
    considering how small the maps are.
    But I was at least hoping they'd have the firearms right. A vietnam-era M16A1 used 20 round magazines and was full-auto/semi-auto. The M16A1 in BO has 30 rounds and fires burst only. And as an amusing anecdote some 12 year old on the server I was on was flaming me and trying to tell me that I was wrong..that made my day.
    Planning on checking out the SP later tonight when I get the chance.
  71. Nov 11, 2010
    They promised dedicated servers but what they didn't tell us is that only 1 company without the infrastructure to handle this task would be doing it, so now all it is, is a console tittle in disguise.
    i enjoyed the MOH beta more then Black ops full release. @#$% this game.
  72. Nov 11, 2010
    This game actually surprised me a bit. The multiplayer, naturally is about as dull as it gets, even with dedicated server support returning, and if the game was simply based off of that then this game would have been a 0. The only thing I liked was zombies, and the campaign. This campaign is a lot different, and almost feels like a psychological thriller at some parts. However, the biggest issue with the game is the stuttering. Bad programming, and the lack of a true open beta, ended up driving a stake in this game's heart. Even with the best hardware many PC gamers have experienced this. While it's different with everyone, it's clearly a very huge problem and so far there is no way to solve it, although some ways work for a few players, there is no certified fix. This huge bug almost makes the game unplayable. Overall, very disappointing game from Activison, but what else could you expect from the money-hungry developers. Expand
  73. Nov 12, 2010
    One word: Abysmal. Let's get one thing straight right off the bat; this is no successor to Modern Warfare 2. It's more like a cheap knockoff. Despite all the hype, BO is just another mediocre shooter marred by game-breaking issues. The PC release is unplayable, with famerate lags and jumps. Graphics are sub-par for a 2010 game. Textures are low-quality, graphics are flat and lifeless, the smoke grenades are a joke, and it looks like a game from four of five years ago. It can't even compete with stuff like Unreal Tournament 3. The sound is equally lifeless and uninspiring. Gun sounds are flat, weak and tinny. Directionally positioned footsteps seem to be broken. Very little will give your subwoofer much of a workout. Guns pretty much all feel the same and lack character. There are several other issues that are annoying. For instance, you can't adjust your class in between matches. There are several good ideas implemented in the game, like the economy system, lots of unlocks, wager matches and more gun customization then previous COD games but they don't make up for the unpolished final product. Overall it's a huge disappointment. Don't believe the hype, this won't dethrone Modern Warfare 2 or raise the bar of First Person Shooters. Even if the glaring performance issues are eventually patched, under the hood this is a sub-par game the lacks the finesse of previous titles in the series. Expand
  74. Nov 13, 2010
    Multiplayer is intolerable to say the least.Lag lag, and more lag.Graphics are eeehhh at best.Maps are too damn camper friendly.Treyarch hasn't even acknowleged that there is a problem.I would like my money and Time back.MW2 is hands down the better game.IW is no more, they have reformed under the name respawn. They will be making a new kick butt game.
  75. Nov 13, 2010
    60 euros for a game like this lol. how can all these official reviews be so wrong? maybe because they are on the take. poor performance on old engine
    poor mp
    6 hour sp game
    =
    fail
  76. Nov 13, 2010
    The developers don't care for this version at all. Usually, the PC version of a game is this version, but Treyarch failed at that. Definitely a do-not-buy.
  77. Nov 16, 2010
    Why am I paying for the same game that I already have?
    This just feels like the same **** I've already played over and over.
    Also Reznov was dead the whole time and mason was brainwashed.
  78. Dec 20, 2010
    I have had plenty of time to play this game, work with Activision support, Google varying ways to improve in-game performance and now I feel it fair to provide another review. Single Player: After logging over 280 hours of single player time on MW2 I can honestly say I have no desire to ever play this single player again. After roughly 8 hours of dealing with a poor story line and having my control taken away more times than I care to count, I only wish I could get those hours back but sadly it is not possible. Zombies: What 11 year old persuaded you to add this into the COD line? Really? I played about an hours worth and I was not impressed. I was bored and I am sure I will not play it again. Multi-Player: I have logged about 40 hours in Multi-player now and this does not include the 12-14 hours spent working with Activision support and modifying my .cfg file just to make the game playable. [Intel Quad Core - 6gb Ram - ATI Radeon HD 4350/4500-7mbps cable modem]
    In-game movement is spikey and unrealistic. The overall graphics are poor and even worse after I HAD to make changes to be able to play it. The sound is awful as you cannot tell where shots are fired from or hear footsteps well. I installed the game on two additional PC's which were far better than mine hoping it was my set-up. I was surprised when the game performed just as poorly.
    I do like the added wager matches, one in the chamber and the customizable avatar and weapons. Sadly they are all pointless when the game is below par. Activision truly went out of their way to build up the hype of this game to make us believe it was great when in fact it is no where near as good as MW2. I was so excited just knowing it would have dedicated servers so I could get away from all the steam issues and hackers but I find myself playing MW2 instead. I am truly disappointed in the way this game turned out. I feel as though I have been tricked and deceived. If I wanted a game this bad I would have just purchased HALO. Luckily I played it before and learned how bad it was before wasting my money. Overall the greatest PRO I can give is that I am bored with MW2 and have no desire to play Black Ops so I have lots of spare time to be productive and sleep! Thank you Activision as you have lost ALL confidence in me!
    **** Code Central must have received a HUGE donation from Activision to rate this at a 98 and move the Meta score up from 77 to and 82. Anything above a 75 is just political BS and should be ignored!
  79. Nov 17, 2010
    The game is broken. Massive performance problems, Broken server browser, people complaining of lost levelling points, broken friends features. Can not recommend even if u have a decent PC.
  80. Nov 20, 2010
    I'd love to make a proper review about this game but unfortunately it is completely unplayable for me, it's been two weeks since the game was released and yet there still hasn't been a patch released to fix the stutter problem plaguing the PC version of this game; this sort of business practice is completely unacceptable and I will be demanding my money back.

Definitely not recommended by me.
  81. Nov 23, 2010
    The single player is the shortest story I've ever played through, clocking in at just under 8 hours at top difficulty. With MP just short of unusable, this game is a complete and total waste of money.
  82. Nov 24, 2010
    The game is nearly unplayable for many with extremely bad video stutters and lag. In my case the game was playable, if uninspired, and somewhat enjoyable until an error with my profile (stored online not locally) made it so I literally could not log into MP Servers. to date Ive been working with tech support for over 5 days have gotten no updates in 2 days (despite requests for updates) and the techs keep looking for an issue with my computer (despite me not being able to log in to a server from any computer on any network and my friends all being able to play their accounts from my computer). Activisions community manager is silent on the forums regarding the product and is giving the impression that Activision does not care about their customers. If the game had the bugs fixed, and their staff and techs seemed to actually care about customers and or fixings problems then the game would warrant a 5-6 score for being a somewhat enjoyable rehash of World at War with some uninspired changes. but with the amounts of game stopping bugs in both singleplay and multiplay that many customers have, coupled with the complete lack of response from the company regarding the issues the game doesn't deserve a score at all. At this point there is no game for thousands of customers, just a waste of $60usd that can not be played at all, or if they are lucky, can be played with bugs that make the enjoyment nil Expand
  83. Nov 25, 2010
    I play CODs for the multiplayer since the campaign may have been "acceptable" in the previous installments of the game this campaign is boring, uneventful and even somewhat frustrating at parts. I cruised through it while watching Psych on my other monitor, and honestly if you are given the choice between COD BO and any season of Psych, take Psych, at least it's guaranteed fun for at least 16 hours (+ the DVD extras), not 4 hours of 3D duck hunt. Like said before I play COD solely for its multiplayer and since COD BO lacks a functional multiplayer then it already loses 75% of the possible points it could have scored. This game gets 10%, not even for the effort cause honestly no effort was put into this seeing how they didn't even test it on at least 2 PCs... The 10 percent is for the fun and entertainment I've had bashing the game and it's developers. Expand
  84. Nov 9, 2010
    Treyarch can pat themselves on their backs for creating such an amazing game. With their pass game history of mediocre games (CoD 3 and CoD WAW). They have set the bar high with Black Ops. Black Ops comes out on top of MW2 with vast improvements and most importantly, dedicated servers for multi-player. As well, the online RPG leveling system allows players to purchase which perks they like instead of having to work through a pre-determined list of perks. Beautiful multi-player maps, balanced guns, and crisp controls make the multi-player experience unforgettable. The single player campaign is roughly 7-8 hours of story-compelling, non-stop action. A game that can deliver a good story while making the characters feel believable and alive is a rare occasion. If you are a CoD fan, this is a must purchase. If you like FPS, but dislike CoD games. This is still a MUST purchase. Expand
  85. Nov 9, 2010
    The story is amazing!! It's a lot more easier to understand than the story of modern warfare 2. The multiplayer is very good, who liked mw2 multiplayer will like this too. One problem is that there are many lags on some servers, but if you find a good server add it to your favourites and you will have a really long time fun on this mode.
  86. Nov 24, 2010
    PC Multiplayer is unplayable for me due to the stuttering. Worst console port ever. People seem to have endless issues with crashes stuttering, lag, sound. If you're lucky it will work fine without errors. But most who own the game have some kind of problem, even if they can play without stuttering.

Its unlikely there will be a patch that blows all the issues away soon. It will be fixed,
    little by little. Maybe next year or maybe not? 60e "well spent" folks. Expand
  87. Nov 24, 2010
    Worse excuse for a PC game, ever. The game is filled with lag due to unoptimized netcode and horrendous hitching that bottlenecks even the best of systems.
  88. Nov 26, 2010
    Zero, Zero, Zero. Why? The game is buggy, over hyped, and single player sucks. And, the high-rated reviews here are coming form Treyarch employees trying to boost the average scores. !
  89. Dec 4, 2010
    This game is pathetic. Stupid single player campaign with a low story where every 2nd word is f***ing. I cant believe that Gary Oldman and Ed Harris gave their names and voices to a game like this.

The MP for the PC is a joke. It is working every 3 days for a couple of hours. Not to mention that you need 200 bullets to kill somebody even if you aim for his head. I cant kill two people
    with the 20-round mag Skorpion without reloading. But you can apply a face paint what you cannot see. Logical. Finally the fact that made me to give ONE point is that there are 13 (!) guns in the game that didn't exist back at 1968. For example the WA2000 was designed in 1982 or the full auto CZ 75 in 1991. Treyarch didn't do the proper researches for a cold war-era game. This was the last COD game I purchased.

Now I gotta go, the mates are waiting for me in the Medal of Honor multi....
  90. Nov 12, 2010
    If you are going to buy this game, remember something. When Starcraft 2 came out it costed the same money and it offered you a great lasting campaign and a level WCG multiplayer. When Civilization V came out it costed the same and it offered you insane depth and game mechanics out of this world.

Now, this piece right here, costs EXACTLY the same, offering you HEADACHE, FRUSTRATION and a
    free dictionary of all the F*** words you know. Wanna buy it? Be my guest. Why dont you pay G. Newell more money, he cannot get enough to become a billionaire. ON YOUR TAB. Expand
  91. Nov 10, 2010
    I can't believe that after all the wait and the pre-loading on steam this thing runs like a slide show. It's completely unacceptable to have a $60 game be this **** on the PC. On top of that the action is ridiculously linear, the AI is terrible, the vehicle missions are a joke. You might as well take 60 bucks and give it to a homeless dude to go punch treyarch on the balls.
  92. Nov 11, 2010
    This looks as thoe it could be a great game, the levels look gorgeous, but everything is so choppy and stuttery even on a high end pc....they just need to sort out the pc version and fast...! its just disgusting how they have let this version out after having a year of testing it....Hopefully there is a patch very soon.... :(
  93. Nov 11, 2010
    Basically the same SP as we are watching for the last 7 years.
    No story that you would feel for characters and narrow straight ahead 'shoot em all and plant a c4 here and there'.
    Basically the same graphics as we watch for last 7 years. Turning on bump, reflection and opacity levels for me is not a progress in graphics.. No dx10/11 in 2011?? and no destruction model??? Mp playing on a
    very solid machine on 5-30fps? Are you kidding me? And you want money for this?

Please dudes at activison, take a copy of Bc2 and play it and think your position in gaming industry. Yeah you might say we are the best in recycling the same god damn thing and making billions, we are the champions, but is there no spark in you to create something that whole gaming world would just say wow, omg this is something out of this world, I can easily pay even 100$ for this?
  94. Nov 11, 2010
    A money grab that doesn't do anything more than the last billion versions of Call of Duty. They are all playable games in their own right but that doesn't mean you should buy every new rehash of the same game. It's just like Madden, they are all identical...
  95. Nov 11, 2010
    Graphics sucks, game play sucks. The graphics looks like a dx8/9 title from the late 90s, the game play and mechanics as well. Take a close look at the gaming sites that raved about this game (such as GameSpot) and remember their names since they sold you out.
  96. Nov 12, 2010
    Another fine example when the critics got it wrong and while genuine good games with original ideas get stuck with scores of 70 or less this poor copy paste of MW2 got an unbelievable 90+ , game is buggy and just not fun to play online or single player. While other COD games leaves an impression many hours after you turn off your PC, I almost forgot that i had this game Installed ,it's that boring.While single player is at best average, multiplayer gameplay is just without any mojo if you manage to ignore the bugs first.

Bring back Infinity Ward and save the genre or it'll be another MOH type series.( 7 bad, 1 good release)
  97. Nov 24, 2010
    The game is broken and unplayable on the PC, at least for me an a large number of other users. In multi-player it crashes, lags, and freezes. In single-player it works, but it just plain boring.
  98. Nov 15, 2010
    @ smith, Comparing WaW to MW2 is complete **** There was much less problems with WaW than MW2, and even asking why Infinity Ward did not make Black Ops is a no-brainer; 2 lead executives were fired from IW then over 20 people left to work for EA at the new studio that the executives went to. Do you really want a IW to make Black ops when there is no one left?? All you people who love IW are idiots, go figure out what your talking about before posting. Expand
  99. Dec 2, 2010
    Nice story, great soundeffects, state-of-the-art graphics in a totally wrecked environment.
    Released in beta stage with freezes, glitches and much more. It makes me angry that such a game costs about 60 EURO. I will never buy a treyarch game again.
  100. Jan 7, 2011
    It's hard to beat the greats (CoD4MW and WaW). CoDBO tried but remained true to new gen gaming and failed miserably.

If you can look past the glitched, rehashed game play with substandard weapons and feel good (get points for sneezing you damn casual) then this game is perfect.

Treyarch has completely lost my respect with this one. As an avid WaW fan with its amazing maps and
    interesting weapons, this game seems more like a indie production of MW2 (something I think even indie devs could do better).

Do us all a favor, hang up the CoD cape.
  101. Nov 9, 2010

1. Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.