2.0

1. Nov 7, 2013
    The only slightly positive thing about this game is the single player, despite being very short (as usual with CoD). Well written and entertaining.

Everything else is unfortunately negative. It requires humongous specs. So I expected HD quality graphics and the IW guys promised quote: 'over 60 fps on all platforms'. Maybe they need to clarify what they mean by 'all platforms'.

Everything else is unfortunately negative.

It requires humongous specs. So I expected HD quality graphics and the IW guys promised quote: 'over 60 fps on all platforms'. Maybe they need to clarify what they mean by 'all platforms'. Because on the PC it jumps between 60-60 to under 20. Often it turns into a slideshow. And now we know PS3 paleyers suffer from framerate stutters too.

In general the graphics appear very dated think CoD UO. BLOPS and BLOPS2 look much modern in every way.

Only 65 degree field of view? Which cannot be adjusted!!?? WTF Activi$ion?! Do you know is 2013 and most of us use 16:9 widescreen monitors?!! This is a major fail!

MP is crazy as always I find the standard MP unplayable the only one that I can cope with is hardcore. But that is a let down too due to very limited number of maps and game types you can use.

Customization is minimal I don't really care for it but is worse even than BLOPS 1.

The maps I played so far are minuscule the only big map is on standard game type only which I find unplayable to get a kill you need to hit 4-5 times.

I will persevere with some of the other new game types, however this is turning to be not just the worst CoD, but just a bad game in general.

If you have the game and also have CoD 4 fire that up and check out the MP gameplay. It still beats this hands down.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    So here's an idea for a game guys.

You have a gun, and you can shoot people.

Sounds good right? Wrong.

After several iterations of the same damn thing, Infinity Ward have finally topped it off by letting you play as a woman in order to appease the neo-feminists of America and their love for dogs. However the game is still boring and awful and I wish they'd stop making this stuff.
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    Graphics 1/10

Story 5/10

Gameplay 3/10

Copy & Paste 9/10

PR 100/10

Total 0/10

Not to relax

It is especially sad looks copy&paste "The Dark Knight Rises". It is a failure for the series.
    And Activision were going to break the record of GTA 5 LOL LOL LOL
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    Hi there, atm the state of the game is just awkward.
    1) Impossibile to play Single Player campaign due to a bug with some AMD and Nvdia video cards
    2) Graphic is simply AWKWARD and to damn heavy. Srsly i run Bf3 at full settings but this s*** snap in a 10 square meters map??!! I had to set to medium all graphic options and still i have some snap in certain moment, fps drop and so on. 3)
    Hi there, atm the state of the game is just awkward.
    3) 30 and more gb for a game like this?! Nice optimization
    4) Paying 60 for "playing" (if you can call it play) a beta. SHAME
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the worst game ever and the harbinger of the end times of console gaming. It's called Ghosts because it is a spectral remnant of what FPS gaming used to be
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    The 1080p looks like 720p;
    - Pretty average graphics, the level of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (2007); (Next-Gen?) XD
    - At least 6 GB RAM (WTF?)
    - Poor optimization: the constant braking, a lower frame rate.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    And while the graphics are improved, the game has some REALLY big problems. It stutters and crashes even on the low. The multiplayer is still the same, while some features are REMOVED! No server browsing. Yeah, big news, there's a character creation. BIG IMPROVEMENT, YEAH. And, also you can't run the game if you don't have the 6GB of RAM minimum. 6GB? REALLY?
    A BIG stepback from Black Ops 2.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    This is a step back from Black Ops 2 in almost every way. No FoV slider on PC version, or FPS cap setting, both of which were present in BO2. Bugs in MW3 that were addressed in BO2 are now somehow back in Ghosts, for example the random jumps in mouse sensitivity that happen if certain programs are running in the background (such as FRAPs). Theater mode, one of the best features of recentThis is a step back from Black Ops 2 in almost every way. No FoV slider on PC version, or FPS cap setting, both of which were present in BO2. Bugs in MW3 that were addressed in BO2 are now somehow back in Ghosts, for example the random jumps in mouse sensitivity that happen if certain programs are running in the background (such as FRAPs). Theater mode, one of the best features of recent Call of Duty games, has been removed. Optimization wise, my computer runs Battlefield 4 on max settings at higher frame rates than Ghosts. Image quality defaults to 'high', which causes upscaling of resolution like a console game rather than rendering at your chosen resolution. Sound effects sound like they were taken straight from MW3. Sad. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Flickering textures cant even play it my head hurts so bad. 65 FOV 91 FPS CAP. Bad sound, bad maps. 6GB RAM requierd Very poor console port.

Worst cod ever.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    chlbrn
    Nov 5, 2013
    0 Pre purchased this game days ago. Pre load this game 3 days ago. Different regions have different unlocking time which is unfair. People in Russia and France can play it about 15 hours earlier than people in Canada. If you pre load both MP and SP, when you click play button after unlock, it will unpack SP files but also instantly wipe out all MP files which contains
    chlbrn
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    PC version is a joke
    Graphics are poor, Gun sounds are poor
    Black Ops 2 is much better!
    Game pauses & stutters even on I7 6 core with 3 GTX 680s & 12GB Ram!
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    Big waste of money!! Black ops 2 played much smoother then this one.
    No FoV slider, and FPS cap, bugs back again..
    70 euros waste of money.. bye, gonna start battlefield back up..
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    It's one big fraud. 6 Gb RAM in requirements, "nextgen" engine, "awesome" graphics. Minimum of efforts. Maximum of income. It's policy of Activision.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    OK, so I bought this game as a last chance for the CoD series to prove itself, I was let down immediately, first if all, a marksman is the same thing as a sniper, so a marksman rifle is the same thing as a sniper, stupid! Also, there still are no dedicated servers and mod tools, even worst, lag comp is still here, also, the game just feels like black ops II and plays like it, the alienOK, so I bought this game as a last chance for the CoD series to prove itself, I was let down immediately, first if all, a marksman is the same thing as a sniper, so a marksman rifle is the same thing as a sniper, stupid! Also, there still are no dedicated servers and mod tools, even worst, lag comp is still here, also, the game just feels like black ops II and plays like it, the alien mode is truly pathetic, the only thing I liked about Black ops II was the zombies, and these stupid aliens are a complete joke, also, did I mention that this game can play on about 2 gigs of ram? We all saw these ridicolous specs, and what is even more pethetic is that activi$ion andsteam are not allowing you to play it unless you have six, boo! At least there are few decent games this year such as arkham origins and bf4 Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Infinity Ward, 6GB RAM? What? Really? I want to return the spent money because game at me wasn't started at all. I want to cite as an example your main competitor, and so your main competitor is played at me on medium settings 60 fps, and your game isn't started at all! Return my money! Sorry for my bad english.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Total garbage. Fov stuck at 65. No multimonitor support at all, not even with third party software.) graphics are garbage. This game should sell for $29.99. They don't care though. They are counting all our money. Only way to fix this is to stop supporting them. Don't buy their games anymore. That would force them to make a complete overhaul of this garbage.
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible optimization, ridiculous system requirements, poor graphics. The game is unplayable. Waste of money. I have been a huge fan of CoD, but this...
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Another lazy CoD4 expansion pack for FULL PRICE. Wooooooooo! Amazing! How did they think of this? Genius!

Stop paying full price for the same game year after year, you silly fanboys. Smarten up, kids.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Graphics terrible! Where to next-gen graphics? It simply is not present, we are ****
    The plot is not present, he delusional! A multiplayer arcade and was as boring, and stayed!! Innovations present!
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely horrible.Same horrible graphics,game play and for that,it needs a minimum of 6gb otherwise it doesn't let to run the game well guess what-it uses 2gb at Maximum.Well nothing to lose for me just don't want the other companies do that
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Boring game. Same game used over again once more. Don't waste £40 on this and support it. Nothing new has been brought to the table and the graphics for this are disappointing
  23. Nov 7, 2013
    The graphics are from 2011, that's okey, but... the requeriments... i have a GTX 480 and in maximum settings i have "60" frames, with drops to 20fps and 1fps.
    70GB, yep.. 70GB for graphics from 2011 (Have textures that looks the same in Black Ops II and Black Ops II are only 20GB)
    The history pfff.... i don't want to talk about that. The Extinction mode is fine, is funny. Ah, and we
    The history pfff.... i don't want to talk about that.
    The Extinction mode is fine, is funny.
    Ah, and we don't have quickscope anymore (And we can't do ALT+TAB)
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Hell yeah i have 16GB Ram and had no problems with installation andor requirements. But... BUTT!
    Same game from greedy guys. Made game for consoles not for PC. I can't even name that "shooter" no aim, small maps, no skill.
    Wont buy any "CoD" games anymore.
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is a new generation lol? I masthead Computer but with such a rubbish graphics slow lol! still buggy chyustvitelnost mouse! Why purchase this game!! This moscheniki!
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are even worse than the transition from Cod 2 to 3. I am so glad I didn't buy any of the map packs or expansions. This will be the last CoD I ever buy. I mean honestly PayDay 2 has better graphics. I thought it would be cool that you could customize a character and become a woman. I think thats the only improvement this game has made.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    This game should have a patch allow player can play with vga directx 10, with less ram 6G, I buy this game and now i can't play so sad, i'm very disappoint
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    Once again the same game, people, please stop buying the same game every year!!! what do you think this will have? better AI dogs? better fish AI?

DON'T BUY IT!
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    horrible package, It's always still the same thing, the story is just stupid, the script is cheesy, the gameplay is awkward and the multiplayer is all the same with all the kids...
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Played for 15 minutes and go bored.

Decided to play Betafield 4 instead.

That crashed on my 2nd game.

Went outside and enjoyed the fresh air.
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    Pre purchased this game days ago. Pre load this game 3 days ago. Different regions have different unlocking time which is unfair. People in Russia and France can play it about 15 hours earlier than people in Canada. If you pre load both MP and SP, when you click play button after unlock, it will unpack SP files but also instantly wipe out all MP files which contains shared file which meansPre purchased this game days ago. Pre load this game 3 days ago. Different regions have different unlocking time which is unfair. People in Russia and France can play it about 15 hours earlier than people in Canada. If you pre load both MP and SP, when you click play button after unlock, it will unpack SP files but also instantly wipe out all MP files which contains shared file which means you still cannot play SP. Damn, We have to re down load another 24GB files for over 10 hours. This is one of the fatal flaws. If we have to re download files, what is the difference to have a damn pre load option? to tease you before you can play or to mock you after you cannot play and feel angry? Shame on them. Another fatal flaw is 6GB damn ram requirement. I have 24GB ram and I have no issue with it at this point. But I know many people's pc still has 4 GB ram and 4 GB for playing games at low or med settings is totally enough. According to my experience with 3D software and after effects software and games, only a long image rendering queue uses over 4GB ram which can take over 16GB ram. But not a single game. It is simple. And from reports, ghosts doesn't need 6GB to run, it only uses 2GB so 4GB is good to go. I know it is good for people to warn them that their system might not be good to handle a game. But polite notice or warning is good, simply blocking people from playing it is bad, I am serious, really bad. Expand
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    BO2 was my first attempt in the COD series, and I loved every minute of it. Fast forward a year later, and I'm dying to play Ghosts. Due to money and time issues, I chose Ghosts over BF4 and GTA. What a huge mistake. Really disappointing. Mouse sensitivity issues, game crashes, in-game sounds not balanced etc. Last COD i will ever play.
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    Just a mediocre game. What is so difficult to make that Call of Duty, who was gorgeous in 20 07? It's hard to say it, but unfortunately for you Activision, Dice you did.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    I made an account just to post here about this so that no more people fall into this trap. This was my first entry into IW take on CoD after loving CoD:blOp and blOp2...Ghosts is atrocious mess by comparison, utter waste of money, sound frequently drops out or gets choppy, Multiplayer looks horrible and is close to unplayable. The visuals are non existent, if this is what you call next genI made an account just to post here about this so that no more people fall into this trap. This was my first entry into IW take on CoD after loving CoD:blOp and blOp2...Ghosts is atrocious mess by comparison, utter waste of money, sound frequently drops out or gets choppy, Multiplayer looks horrible and is close to unplayable. The visuals are non existent, if this is what you call next gen then I'll sit this one out or any future entries of CoD for that matter. Genuinely feel like asking for a refund. Sad Expand
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    disappointment of year! is absent sound settings,
    only a loudness scale in the game, sounds very silent but the announcer it is audible very loudly
    the mouse can't be adjusted forcibly there is an acceleration and a curve, game is constructed on detection of the opponent by a radar.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    This is by far the worst CoD of the series. Bad port..... I mean really bad port. It just feels the game didn't get any effort from the devs. Better graphics? updated engine? serious? CoD4 looks better then this. Its just garbage and don't waste your money. I'm ripped of.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Worst game of the year.. It's nothing but shiny new large textures over top of the same old predictable gameplay. Single player is the same old corridor game with AI at choke points. Once again it's a respawn parade until you hit imaginary checkpoints. I felt as if I was playing a playable tech demo and not an actual game Activation expects people to pay $60 for. Activation once againWorst game of the year.. It's nothing but shiny new large textures over top of the same old predictable gameplay. Single player is the same old corridor game with AI at choke points. Once again it's a respawn parade until you hit imaginary checkpoints. I felt as if I was playing a playable tech demo and not an actual game Activation expects people to pay $60 for. Activation once again succeeds at fleecing the gaming community.. Expand
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely unacceptable to lock the game to people using 6gb ram In-game use of ram stats at 2 gb more or less so why to put 6gb ram requirements Unbelievable another fail of this Call of Duty series Infinity Wards failed another time.
  40. uah
    Nov 5, 2013
    Worse graphics than the previous games but less performance and constant crash issues. The single player campaign is really bad scripted with horrible voice actors and has a 6Gb RAM requirement that is not really needed.

The rest is the same as always.
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    SHAME OF THE YEAR. Game awfull, support awfull, requirements just lol. Fail of the year, official position IW if requirements low go to the shop and buy more ram/cpu/videocard/audio/motherbord and mostly important reinstall your windows to x64 if you want play in another case game not start. And all of this you need do to play 4 hours campain. LOL. Seriously, just buy new BF.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    The most terrible game i've played the last 2 decades. Game is stuttering all over the place on both low and high video settings, buggy textures, the most ridiculous guns from which it doesn't even matter where or when or how you shoot. You kill things in 2 hits, if you shoot in the arm, leg, stomach or chest nothing will make any difference.
  44. Nov 5, 2013
    6Gb ram minimum requirement, but the engine is still the same, has been using for 14 years, i don't see how much they have improved on Ghosts, the video quality isn't better than previous black ops 2, the physics sucks, this whole 6gb ram joke is ridiculous. Multiplayer lag like hell, 1 second delayed on everything, I can't aim at all, it's like I'm shooting nothing, even though i'm aiming6Gb ram minimum requirement, but the engine is still the same, has been using for 14 years, i don't see how much they have improved on Ghosts, the video quality isn't better than previous black ops 2, the physics sucks, this whole 6gb ram joke is ridiculous. Multiplayer lag like hell, 1 second delayed on everything, I can't aim at all, it's like I'm shooting nothing, even though i'm aiming at the enemy. more asia servers are needed. The new extinction mode only got 1 map, easy to get bored, and the whole mode is just like left 4 dead+payday changed to alien theme. Scorpion -an alien that spits corrosive acid, it's a ripoff from l4d's splitter, come on infinity Ward are you serious? are you that lack of creativity? can't believe I paid 60 bucks for this crap. Expand
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Once again another installation of this tired and washed out series. The Singleplayer is OK, but really nothing we haven't seen before and the multiplayer is the same uninspired dirt it has been since the first Modern Warfare. Definitely would not recommend getting this on the PC.
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely horrible... Big step back from Black Ops 2. This franchise is a joke, they take one step forward with Black Ops 2 and take 1 step backwards with this trash! Same boring fast pace arcade shooter concept.
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok now besides the fail graphics and stuff the PC version so Called Pre-load Just totally wasted24 GB that when u launch the game it totally deletes and re download 24GB Which took my like 2 Days
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    It is the same old story with arcade military shooters which seem to attract mostly the 12 year olds (or people with a brain of a little kid). Military arcade FPS have nothing really new to provide they are made just for "cash cows". Well where from to start the graphics in the game are fortunately clean but surely NOT impressive, the animations in the game look dated with some "cheap"It is the same old story with arcade military shooters which seem to attract mostly the 12 year olds (or people with a brain of a little kid). Military arcade FPS have nothing really new to provide they are made just for "cash cows". Well where from to start the graphics in the game are fortunately clean but surely NOT impressive, the animations in the game look dated with some "cheap" face expressions for a 2013 game.and the funny thing is that the game requires 6.0 GB RAM and 30 GB of Hard disk space while Battlefield 4 has better graphics and less PC requirements (lets not compare it with Crysis 3 graphics and its PC requirements)
    Single Campaign has some interesting missions and environments fortunately (like fighting in space and underwater) but the whole story experience is full with cliches that we have seen a million times with other COD games it is like watching and starring in some military fantasy B-movie military I have not tried multiplayer yet but seriously i am not that thrilled with this game i have become bored with the COD games
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    no fun at all, can understand how good was MW3 when i compare it to this stupid ghost game. This game is simmilar to black ops 2 and there is no sound quality or graphic quality. This game is not worhing 60 dolars dont buy it, waist of money exaclty
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    Almost exactly the same Call of Duty, as we see it for 5 years. Almost nothing new. Dogs, dog and dog again. It is better to skip past if you have long been familiar with the series.
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    When i purchased game no one told me that i cant launch game, so they just scammed me! no one buy this i launched with ramfix and playing with 4GB MEMORY JUST FINE WITHOUT LAGS, call of duty failed really bad this time
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    Worst game of the year. IGN and others who gave this game such a high score are obviously money hungry idiots who don't care at all about Gaming community. No optimization, bad sounds, 4 HOUR CAMPAING. I think even the campains it's worse than BF4's campaing. Nothing new, just minking the franchise. Again. And again. And again.
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not sure if the people giving this game a 10 are trolling or just stupid? I'm sorry to say that this is just pretty much the same iteration over and over again.

I know graphics isn't as important as say the gameplay in any game, but you would at least expect a much more improved and ground breaking engine? Nope think again, instead we have some slightly improved lighting/water effects oh and lets not forget the revolutionary fish AI and a dog companion how epic! (sarcasm)

Single player is a 5 hour long wash out that serves no interesting purpose and is the same familiar type of formula we have seen from previous titles

Gameplay is EXACTLY the same in terms of gun mechanics and player mechanics, boring, boring, boring

Do yourself a favour, do not buy this game, do not keep falling for the same money milking tricks that Activision keep exploiting and taking advantage of. If you show them that you are tired of the same s**t every single year maybe, just maybe they might change their ways
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible... What a load of rubbish. I've never seen a game so terrible. Actually, I have. It was called Modern Warfare 1, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3...
  55. Nov 5, 2013
    They have removed search and destroy from the public lobbies and replaced it with some lame dog tag variant. Original search and destroy is now ONLY avaliable in private matches! I now have no reason to play this game.
  56. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is not enclosed soul, the game is made to extort money. I truly loved the game. I sincerely defended MW3, but after BO2 I can not play it. I honestly cried when killed ghost, but now I hate this game. It is absolutely identical to the first MW.
  57. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts is a reasonable title but we were promised a major step forward and this game doesn't really highlight that in an shape or form. It is clear that Treyarch are the lead developers in the CoD franchise and not the new-look Infinity Ward who still cannot deliver an experience that is fluid and consistent. The campaign is characterless, shallow and short and at 4 hours ofCall of Duty Ghosts is a reasonable title but we were promised a major step forward and this game doesn't really highlight that in an shape or form. It is clear that Treyarch are the lead developers in the CoD franchise and not the new-look Infinity Ward who still cannot deliver an experience that is fluid and consistent. The campaign is characterless, shallow and short and at 4 hours of completion; it is hardly worth including such a feature.

The multiplayer is a combination of what we've seen before from both development houses but doesn't take the series any further as promised. The games doesn't run very smoothly and is blighted by annoying niggles when the action gets chaotic. The maps seem bigger but very poorly designed and often messy. This makes the spawns terrible and sometimes you can wonder around for long periods way away from the firefights and enemies and other occasions you can spawn right in front of the opposition. This is frustrating as the action becomes favourable and unblalanced which leads to scrappy matches fought on large areas in condensed spaces with players then being planted on the outskirts, desperate to find a way back into the mix.

Theatre mode has been omitted which is a major backwards step and doesn't help identifying hackers. You either need a capture card or have to accept your highlights will be living long in your memory. The general presentation seems watered down with minimal stats and features these elements have been replaced by waves of confusing menus that mean little to casual players who just want to pick up and play. The HUD presentation and general in-game graphics look dated to the extent; parodies and fan-made material has looked more impressive.

The modes are a redeeming aspect along with the new create a soldier function but ultimately everything is a spin on the existing format but just adds a twist. The new modes to the playlist are interesting but SnD and Hardpoint along with Demo have been removed which may upset some gamers particularly on console. Even though I personally don't opt for such gametypes; I feel the dissatisfaction amongst those who do and it highlights along with other features that have been removed.

Extinction is something on the side IW's attempt at zombies but with Aliens;- can't see that kicking off entirely but at least they've tried something other than the dreadful Spec Ops as seen in MW3.

Overall Ghosts is a step back but does retain the typical positives that has made the game so popular. The omissions of theatre mode and the in-depth stats in a major blow and in some instances is unforgiveable. IW, Neversoft and Raven who have churned this title out clearly don't have the desire to match Treyarch's approach to the games. The quality and general execution is not of the same professionalism and it's all set-up for possibly Black Ops 3 to get the series back on track. I think Ghosts is decent for a CoD but after BO2; it doesn't enhance the franchise as much as we expected.
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    Shame this game is getting slated for problems like needing to have 6GB of RAM and no FOV slider. Hopefully they bring out a patch to fix those problems. Ignoring those problems i've been really impressed with the game so far. The campaign has a good story-line as far as Call of Duty games are concerned. No mission is the same so it keeps it interesting.

As far as multiplayer goes i'm

As far as multiplayer goes i'm enjoying it more than most of the previous games. The create a soldier and loadouts are really good and the maps are decent. I've not had any connection problems apart from some lag in the odd lobby.

Overall the game is one of the best Call of Duty games so far, so I would say don't let the negative reviews put you off... I can understand why some people may be upset as there are some problems that may affect them but they should be patched soon. In the meantime there are 3rd party fixes like the fovely FOV changer which allows you to change the FOV in multiplayer. Fingers crossed the problems get patched soon because this is a great game that everyone should be playing.
  59. Nov 6, 2013
    Old engine, nextgen requirments. 6GB ram? It's a joke? Activision I never buy your game any more time! Its bad, ugly, old, boring, stupid. Refund my cash!
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    The worst game of the year goes toooooo...you guessed it, Call of Duty: Ghosts. Never have I experienced such a bad port with poor performance in all my life. Never buying an IW game again.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are downgraded yet it runs like crap on PC. The game will also refuse to launch if you have less than 6GB which the game never uses anyway. Well done, Infinity Ward. What a smart thing to do. I had to download some fix from a random youtube just to be able to play the damn game I paid for.

The campaign is very disappointing, but I will admit there are some interesting bits sprinkled in. It's a huge step backwards from Black Ops 2. I can't comment on the multiplayer because that won't launch for me. Maybe I'll change my rating once I do. Hold on to your $60 guys.
  62. Nov 9, 2013
    Buy the same game over and over again cause you get amused by ads. Call of Duty in a nutshell.

Also extremely poor optimisation. This game doesn't deserve the amount of money it gets. Probably the marketing team does.
  63. Nov 7, 2013
    I wish I could give a better score, BUT Activision released the same game 5th time. I hoped that this will be the real nextgen Call of Duty, but after the trailers the game disappointed me! The campaign story is perfect, just like the cinematics, but the texture qualities... man... I have only one question left: Why is this game have such a high system requirements?
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    No improved graphics. The multiplayer recycled in 99%, as we expected. Recycling did happen even to singleplayer, it's kind of interesting though. Still sucks.
  65. Nov 6, 2013
    Very same game again (Same COD 2 Engine), slight upgrade in Fish movements, Dogs. and more arms.
    Infinity Ward should stop making these games, they are terrible.
  66. Nov 6, 2013
    Let's do this nice and easy: re-used assets everywhere, graphics look like CoD4 with better shaders & lighting, gameplay wise is absolute giving more advantages to players than ever before, terrible level design, annnnnnd so much more.

Now for the hardcore stuff. Models and textures are absolutely atrocious they really look a game that was created back in 2009. Horrible PC port there

Now for the hardcore stuff.
    Horrible PC port there is literally 0 optimization done on the game. People who have SLI/Crossfire get the same FPS if they were running 1 card. There's also incredible micro-stutter if you have more than 1 card active.
    Absolutely terrible net code, it feels like MW3 but it's so much worse.
    Weapons kill you in an absolute heartbeat, it feels like I'm playing hardcore while playing core. (I don't want to imagine how terrible hardcore is.)
    Level design is absolutely terrible you're always being constantly thrown into peoples faces. What ever happened to sight lines and amazing level design from the CoD4 & MW2 dev team? OH WAIT, the developers of InfinityWard that made MW2 & COD4 are actually gone and working on Titanfall at Respawn Entertainment.
    InfinityWard is just a big shadow of its former self, all it has is a title. Nothing more, nothing less.
    There is no support for PC the game is so limited in functionality it's depressing. There is no FoV slider, FPS setting, proper dedicated servers, mod tools, and finally support. Literally none of the developers of IW/Neversoft/Sledgehammer care about PC.
    Multiplayer feels like you're playing on steroids while running around and getting shot in the back thanks to the terrible spawn system (and very terrible map design).
    Modders could create better balanced maps than the level designers and in a fraction of the time that they had.

In-truth this game deserves an honest 0 by everyone, you can see it for yourself the user scores are the truth. Don't buy this game, get Battlefield 4.

(This comes from a hardcore CoD player and modder.)
  67. Nov 6, 2013
    After trying Black Ops 2 during a free weekend on steam and being somewhat pleasantly surprised, I thought Ghosts would be a good game to start with at launch. How wrong I was.

I'll be brief, this is the reasons this game deserves all the low scores: - Locked 65 FoV (and a player-made fix got taken down by Activision, the publishers) - Stuttering issues, even though the game looks

I'll be brief, this is the reasons this game deserves all the low scores:
    - Stuttering issues, even though the game looks even worse than the previous iteration, Black Ops 2. The player models are especially bad.
    - Artificial 6 GB RAM requirement even though the game only uses 2 GB (not a problem for me, but still really dumb)

Apart from that, the usual issues people have with CoD (how it's basically the same gameplay-wise as the last game) still holds true, but this time, it's actually worse than the previous iteration. I woefully regret my purchase and would not recommend this to anyone. It's a poor 360 port and it shows.

To be completely honest, this feels like a cheap f2p game rather than something you ask 60 euros for. In fact, many f2p games ARE better than this turd. Stay clear.
  68. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is just a pathetic display of arrogance by Infinity Ward; they are just saying "We can release the same game every year and you idiots keep buying it." The ending is just a copy/paste of Modern Warfare 2's, not to mention the reused assets from a game released four years ago. What exactly makes up that ridiculous 50GB download? I swear all of the critics must have been paid offThis game is just a pathetic display of arrogance by Infinity Ward; they are just saying "We can release the same game every year and you idiots keep buying it." The ending is just a copy/paste of Modern Warfare 2's, not to mention the reused assets from a game released four years ago. What exactly makes up that ridiculous 50GB download? I swear all of the critics must have been paid off by Activision because no 'professional reviews' should rate it so highly. Please don't buy this game, it might just give them the wake-up call they need to actually make new content. Expand
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    Poor Quality game. The requirements for this game make no sense and its horribly optimized. mostly everyone who brought this game cant even play it either because of the 6GB ram requirement. This is the worst game to come out this year.
  70. Nov 6, 2013
    This is just a short review. Call of Duty Ghosts is by far one of the most disappointing NexGen era games. With a multibillion dollar company I was expecting more. Their new engine is already dated. The game looks absolutely horrible. Massive frame rate drops on a very powerful PC quad core i7 16 GB of RAM GTX 660ti. Unacceptable for dated graphics. Hardly nothing new no innovation. ItThis is just a short review. Call of Duty Ghosts is by far one of the most disappointing NexGen era games. With a multibillion dollar company I was expecting more. Their new engine is already dated. The game looks absolutely horrible. Massive frame rate drops on a very powerful PC quad core i7 16 GB of RAM GTX 660ti. Unacceptable for dated graphics. Hardly nothing new no innovation. It feels like an expansion pack for MW3 or any other COD game out. Battlefield 4 wins hands down. It feels NexGen and looks the part. Expand
  71. Nov 7, 2013
    There has been no difference (graphically or gameplay wise) or innovation whatsoever since the first Modern Warfare, released back in '07. Movement, weapon handling, gameplay, even the bloody sounds are the same. Wait there has been some difference graphically, a downgrade in textures. Oh, and some dogs.
    Kotick and his lackies are taking the piss out of us, they reinvest NOTHING into their projects themselves, only the external marketing with stupid live action trailers gets any funding. Apparently thats more important than the actual game. But hey, whatever boosts your shareprice.
    Though the graphics if anything look worse than previous cods, whats the deal with the system requirements? 6 gb ram? For an engine from 2007? The hell?
    If they are so worried about their bottom line why not hire some modders to graphically improve the game? Anyone whos used texture packs or whatever to modify any fallout game or skyrim can tell you that there are some beautiful grapihcal mods (which are free of charge) for FNV, F3, or Skyrim.
    So, here I whine again about another innovative call of duty, and normally I would be calling myself a hypocrite since I normally buy the game. But thank I didnt, (played it at a friends house). Blops II (another game) was the last game cod game for me.
  72. Nov 7, 2013
    Ready for this?

WASTE... OF... MONEY... Now unfortunately this review has to be over one hundred and fifty characters long but there isn't one thing in Ghosts that is worth talking about. Not one thing.
  73. Nov 7, 2013
    I started playing Call of Duty in 2006...

I bitterly regret that i have bought this game and i swear i will never buy anything which will be released by Activision or TreyArch. Ghosts does look like and the performance if you really want to call it that way is far away from beeing acceptable. I want my money back! The graphical representation isn't worth to talk about. Just one
    I started playing Call of Duty in 2006...

The graphical representation isn't worth to talk about. Just one short sentence: What a
  74. Nov 7, 2013
    Where to start first of all, i've played all cod games with my all time favorite being MW3, but this game is nothing more than a money machine a uncomplete game wrapped in a nice package me and my friends bought this to play co-op but there is no real co-op you cant choose which level or what gamestyle you want, graphics are from an old engine (2007) FPS drops, very poor soundWhere to start first of all, i've played all cod games with my all time favorite being MW3, but this game is nothing more than a money machine a uncomplete game wrapped in a nice package me and my friends bought this to play co-op but there is no real co-op you cant choose which level or what gamestyle you want, graphics are from an old engine (2007) FPS drops, very poor sound effects, poor options settings, singleplayer is a joke with so bad steerring your soldier feels like a tetris brick, looks and feels more like very early tech demo. i am left with a empty feeling and a 2 hour used game in the trash. BIGGEST MONEY GRABBING DISAPOINTMENT THIS YEAR Expand
  75. Nov 7, 2013
    fps drops and very jerky mouse lag and stuttering.stuttering in menu overall unplayable (PC) GTX 780. 16ram. cpu i7. The game just looks look bad too.
  76. Nov 6, 2013
    The positive ratings of 10 here are so obviously written by the company, as there can be NO WAY that anyone with any neutral view on gaming could rate this game a 10. As a huge CoD fan I wouldn't even give this a 5 on a good day.

Is this a joke Activision? Are you taking the piss? 25GB for a game that looks worse and plays worse than Medal of Honour (yep, I went there). Seriously

Seriously this has to be the worst AAA game of the century by a huge margin. Piss poor graphics, netcode and possibly the most hollow and predictable storyline in FPS history really show how disconnected Activision are with their fans.

By the way, I am a HARDCORE CoD fan....but no longer. This is one of the greatest upsets of my 30+ years of gaming.
  77. Nov 7, 2013
    Its a "Call of Duty"-game didnt expect the graphics to get a massive boosts over the previous ones; but they actually made the graphics look worse. But hey thats how it goes its okay.. The Multiplayer part of the game is what I by COD for, and they pretty much messed that up 100%.. There is no sense of progression no reason to keep playing more than 2 hours (if that). There's noIts a "Call of Duty"-game didnt expect the graphics to get a massive boosts over the previous ones; but they actually made the graphics look worse. But hey thats how it goes its okay.. The Multiplayer part of the game is what I by COD for, and they pretty much messed that up 100%.. There is no sense of progression no reason to keep playing more than 2 hours (if that). There's no levelling weapons to get better attachments/camo/better weapons nothing they removed that entirely. THAT pretty much killed the multiplayer for me and many others.. Expand
  78. Nov 9, 2013
    If you read that then dont buy CoD this is big error, 6 gb ram for what? For engine was making for 10 years since quake3 Graphics, engine and dogs are the oldest. And it is not working, when battlefield 4 works on max settings without lags. WTF? Give me 60 activision, i will buy for this money titanfall or battl 4 premium BETTER than COD DOGS LAGS!
  79. Nov 9, 2013
    Summary: I'm having the worst case of buyer's remorse I've ever experienced with a game. Even if you're a huge fan, trust me...save your money.

Review Against the overwhelming opinion that Ghosts is not worth it, I still shelled the $60 because I loved almost every game in the series so far. See, as a casual gamer, I love polished, fast-paced, multiplayer shooters. I don't care much for teamwork and graphics and all that. What I ended up with was a broken game...I don't understand how this garbage got green lit. The game is very choppy; I experience constant stuttering/lag even with settings turned way down; the multiplayer is terribly unbalanced; there are too few maps; and the game has basically lost its soul. It is, for all intents and purposes, unplayable on the PC right now.

I wish there were any redeeming qualities to this game that I hadn't already seen in the previous CoD games. There is really nothing good I can say about Ghosts. Back to TF2 I go...$60 down the drain
  80. Nov 9, 2013
    Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact... same thing... over and over again expecting... s**t to change...

Actually scratch that... This wasn't the exact same thing... It was much much worse.
  81. Nov 9, 2013
  82. Nov 9, 2013
    HORRIBLE GAME. RECYCLED GARBAGE.

EVEN USES SAME ANIMATIONS AS LAST GAME, I FEEL SO RIPPED OFF; BLOODY 60 EUROS.

It's like cod players dont even want a new game, they just treat it like a sportsgame (nhl or something) and just want "better graphics" and few new maps.

Cheesy forced campaign and multiplayer the exact same. Also buggy.
  83. Nov 12, 2013
    It's the same cod with new maps, same graphic, poor optimization (Low fps with good hardware) and a lot of bugs. Don't buy it! Don't give money to a company who haven't respect with her clients! And minimum of 6GB of ram??? WTF! Sorry my english!
  84. Nov 17, 2013
    Absolute crap. Graphics are from 2000. Story is lame. Run and shoot, run and shoot. Worst game ever. Shame on you infinity ward. The graphics was just as good in call of duty 2.
  85. Nov 17, 2013
    Cod: Ghosts is a solid Call of Duty Title. That said there are a few points the keep it from being a good game. Dont get me wrong, i kinda kike the franchise, but that doesn't mean that im not allowed to criticize the devs.
    The Game runs on my System(amd fx-8150 cpu,gtx-670 gpu, 16gb ram) not without mircostutters every few seconds. and with microstutters i mean seconds of freezing in which you dant do anything.
    The graphic is ported from consoles and not able to fully use PC specs. The game also keeps you from alt-tabbing or using the windows key in game. the options are severely limited in the audio section (sfx and music not seperated, wtf?).

The gameplay as it is is the same as every infinity ward cod. not bad, but not innovative (in meaningful aspects). The new Gamemodes are fun and keep the game a bit from being a campfest. hitdetection is still clientside, which i (personally) dont get is still a thing in modern titles.
    The spawns are really bad, but that may depend on my personal bad luck. It happens frequently that you spawn in direct line of sight of the enemy that has just killed you (20m radius of your corpse).

All in all i don't recommend the game as long as IW doesn't severlay rework the code, which -honestly- won't happen.

For the modern military shooter fans i recommend to stick to BO2 or Battlefield until this title is fixed.
    As for hardcore fps fans i recommend shootmania as old-school title
  86. Nov 18, 2013
    This was the ULTIMATE Theme-Park experience. Not good, at all. Story and action were excellent, but gameplay, and technical issues were terrible. I honestly felt as if I was being dragged around and pointed in a direction to kill X bad guys, then re-position and do it all over. I didn't hate the game, but it's not fit for the CoD franchise.
  87. Nov 18, 2013
    Worst COD ever!!! IW again ruin the franchising again. No support, bad port, no dedicated server as they say, 6GB RAM fraud, next gen they really knows how sells words.

MW2, MW3, Ghosts... every release with a negative buzz

Never will buy a IW game again. At least Treyarch do a great job (speacially on support), and i will buy BO3.
  88. Nov 19, 2013
    People still buying CoD games? Damn, you kids should wake up, it's always the same glorified rehashed stuff you buy every damn year for $60. Fools. Always beware content released by Activision.

Oh, BTW, no metacritic score on Steam for this game? Silence speaks louder than words.
  89. Nov 19, 2013
    I dare say FPS games are meant to be played on PC... well, this is a FPS game meant to be played on console, so that pretty sums it up.

Oh and you wont be able to play it unless your graphic card supports directx11. Also you need 6gb of ram.

And those are not even the recommended requirements, the game literally won't start if you have not those.
  90. Nov 20, 2013
    No FoV slider. Horrible graphics. (Worse than BO2) Bad gameplay. The only reason I'm giving them a three is because the shaders look nice and the dynamic maps. Back to playing Black Ops 2.
  91. Nov 20, 2013
    this game is not optimised for PC, horrible experience, Activision stole my money with this horrible game, i m really pissed, i enjoyed previous COD, not this one
  92. Nov 23, 2013
    what did they think what they are doing?
    Each current game runs on my computer and looks good.
    CoD Ghosts is jerky and still looks blurry.
    It has 30 GB of hard disk space and supplies a poor graphic.
    The MP is nice by the facilities here, but far too ugly.
    So an expensive game and so little value.
    Shame on You
  93. Nov 24, 2013
    I can't believe i bought this game. Not worth the money. This is my first and last COD game.
    The graphic is quite bad, can't believe it is like 30GB (Next Gen WTF).
  94. Nov 24, 2013
    It's called Ghosts because CoD is dead now. I was so looking forward to this game but I should have just assumed that it was going to be the same old rehashed graphics and gameplay. Not to mention that PC gamers are starting to get the short end of the stick with developers not optimizing things for PC and just putting out a half ass port like they can't be bothered to make anything goodIt's called Ghosts because CoD is dead now. I was so looking forward to this game but I should have just assumed that it was going to be the same old rehashed graphics and gameplay. Not to mention that PC gamers are starting to get the short end of the stick with developers not optimizing things for PC and just putting out a half ass port like they can't be bothered to make anything good because ermagerd consoles.

PC games should be ported TO consoles. We are also getting screwed by CoD having 2 different companies release a different title every other year. The part that bothers me though is each company also has TWO YEARS to come up with a new game and that neither company has the balls to step up the game and come up with something DOPE that leaves the other company crying with it's ding dong tucked between its legs. More like Call of Doody. This CoD game is an utter disappointment, as usual.
  95. Nov 25, 2013
    PL: Stanowczo odradzam. Gra nie jest warta złotówki i nie kupujcie jej nawet w największej promocji jaką znajdziecie.

Rating this piece of crap 0, because I have it and I can't play it. IW turbo next gen development made it unplayable. There's no optimisation. Despite lowing option by option graphics I ended in 60fps right about in Wolfenstein 3D. IW leave CoD to Treyarch. All the perks and setting mechanics is soo crapy compared to BO2. Maps are like Gotham City Impostors. Textures looks like bad tonemapped pseudo-hdr. And of course 65GB of disk space... CoD Ghosts is one of the biggest failures I've seen in years. There are indie studios, which would create soo much better game than "pros" from your studios. Time to beat the hell from your keyboards, kick everybody from Quality, ban every tester because they clearly have no idea how gamers want to spend free time.
  96. Nov 25, 2013
    Mediocre graphics, stupid plot, short campaign. I am having a hard time thinking of the POSITIVE things to say about this game. Infinity Ward should be removed as the developer of the next CoD game. Because there WILL be a next CoD game. At this point, for this franchise, money matters more than quality. And Ghosts seems to have made a of it.

Too often the missions in the single

Too often the missions in the single player started with "shhhh... or something to that effect. The problem is that I did not purchase a stealth game. There are much better stealth franchises out there, if that is what I wanted to play. When we are inevitably discovered, it became a by-the-numbers run to the exit, or hatch, or helicopter, or tank... whichever.

And by the way: these have to be the loudest 'ghosts' ever.

Riley the gimmick (sorry, the dog) is an afterthought for the most part. As a matter of fact, there seem to be only two characters that you develop any kind of emotional response to and they are not Riley or the brothers.

In an era that is producing games like Grand Theft Auto 5, Bioshock Infinite and FarCry 3, just to name a few, it IS possible to produce quality and sales in sequels. Activision seems to have given up on quality for this franchise if the evidence is the last two games they have thrown out: Black Ops II and Ghosts. Both are a case of slapping some explosions together, throwing in some Multiplayer maps and putting 'Call of Duty in front of whatever is this game's name and out the door it goes. Then they sit by the register and wait for us, the stupid people, to dish out the money for it. We do it, even though sometimes we are questioning if this one is going to be any good.

The only reason I still play is because of the people I play with, but it may now be time to catch up on games I missed previously like Batman Origins or Splinter Cell Blacklist.

If you work hard for your money, save some of it and pass on this turkey. Or, at the very least, wait for the first price drop. At the rate people are leaving the Multiplayer, you will not have to wait long.
  97. Nov 26, 2013
    6GB? Crackes proved you can run it with 2 GB. What was this about? Having some contracts with computer brands? I had a change to try it. Abomination to say the lease... Direct xbox port to pc. Plug an Xbox controller into pc you get aim assist. It even pupped default xbox keys on the screen. Just shows how the developers just dont care about PC gamers. Who ironically helped them to the6GB? Crackes proved you can run it with 2 GB. What was this about? Having some contracts with computer brands? I had a change to try it. Abomination to say the lease... Direct xbox port to pc. Plug an Xbox controller into pc you get aim assist. It even pupped default xbox keys on the screen. Just shows how the developers just dont care about PC gamers. Who ironically helped them to the feet in the first place. Dont waste your money. If its not the framerate issues, the cheaters are. Also IGN ratings are a joke. Expand
  98. Dec 1, 2013
    I give this a one and not a zero because they did me the favor of putting call of duty on the label so I would know to avoid it. Thanks for that Activision. While you're at it, HOW ABOUT DITCHING THAT ANCIENT GAME ENGINE THAT'S BEEN AROUND SINCE BEFORE THE MAYANS WENT MISSING AND DROPPING A FEW BUCKS FROM THAT BILLION DOLLARS IN ANNUAL SALES INTO AN ENGINE FROM THIS MILLENNIUM
  99. Dec 1, 2013
    WASTE OF MONEY
    WASTE OF MONEY
    This game is the reason I don like COD anymore. I loved it before but this shows me they just don't want to try anymore. I haven't even had the chance to play one full match(multiplayer) and/or mission (campaign). The game just needs a lot of memory and disk power. I have a very good processor in my laptop and nothing looks right. The maps take ages to load, if it loads and doesn't freeze, the match only has seconds left.
    Buy BF4 don't waste a cent on this. I thought id give the game a chance thinking all those bad reviews were from haters. They're not, they're from angry people that have been ripped off!
  100. Dec 27, 2013
    Ghosts is a bug filled game and the worst story ever. Most fanboys only own 2 cod games and most are under 14 years old. When I play I can't mute the little boy yelling

1. Dec 30, 2013
    It's exactly what fans of the franchise have grown to expect. No surprises here, folks. [Jan 2014, p.90]
    Nothing to see here in terms of innovation: the campaign is dull, the multiplayer fun. But this time, the air of sameness is a little bit too much. [Issue#236]
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    An utterly horrible PC port mars an otherwise very, very average Call of Duty game. Nothing to see here.