- Summary: This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have beenThis new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. The new Perks system has more perks than were previously available. Every perk has a value from 1 to 5, and you have 8 points to allocate. So for example, choose 4 perks each valued at 2 points a piece, or even 8 perks, each valued at 1. You could also choose to get rid of your secondary weapon and get up to 11 perks.… Expand
Nov 5, 2013If Battlefield 4 has only a terrific campaign, Call of Duty Ghosts is far more uniform. It's not such a beautiful game but the campaign is really breathtaking, and you have a large panel of ways to play online. For those who want to play together, there is Extinction mode ; if you're addicted, you can have your daily dose on your mobile ; if you're a noob, you will have the possibility to play with and against bots. A great and complete experience.
PC PowerPlayDec 30, 2013It's exactly what fans of the franchise have grown to expect. No surprises here, folks. [Jan 2014, p.90]
Nov 6, 2013I don’t doubt that every gun, perk, and killstreak reward in Ghosts was implemented and tweaked with a fine brush, but painting in every individual eyelash of the Mona Lisa wouldn’t make it a better painting. That’s what’s been happening to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare since 2007—little bits have been scraped off and painted over again and again. With a broader brush, Activision and its studios might stop noodling around in the corners of Modern Warfare’s greatness and paint something actually modern.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Nov 25, 2013Nothing to see here in terms of innovation: the campaign is dull, the multiplayer fun. But this time, the air of sameness is a little bit too much. [Issue#236]
Nov 11, 2013Most of the time it revels in being mediocre and cowardly by the numbers rather than outright terrible, though there are moments where it manages to be both. If this isn’t a wake up call, showing once and for all that churning out more or less the same stuff year after year only serves to dilute the quality of a franchise, then I don’t know what is. It’s completely shameless, and it’s undoubtedly going to sell phenomenally well.
Nov 5, 2013Shame this game is getting slated for problems like needing to have 6GB of RAM and no FOV slider. Hopefully they bring out a patch to fixShame this game is getting slated for problems like needing to have 6GB of RAM and no FOV slider. Hopefully they bring out a patch to fix those problems. Ignoring those problems i've been really impressed with the game so far. The campaign has a good story-line as far as Call of Duty games are concerned. No mission is the same so it keeps it interesting.
As far as multiplayer goes i'm enjoying it more than most of the previous games. The create a soldier and loadouts are really good and the maps are decent. I've not had any connection problems apart from some lag in the odd lobby.
Overall the game is one of the best Call of Duty games so far, so I would say don't let the negative reviews put you off... I can understand why some people may be upset as there are some problems that may affect them but they should be patched soon. In the meantime there are 3rd party fixes like the fovely FOV changer which allows you to change the FOV in multiplayer. Fingers crossed the problems get patched soon because this is a great game that everyone should be playing.… Expand
Nov 8, 2013As a franchise, Call of Duty's becoming utterly boring and the more installments Activision has released, the more it ruined it. When I firstAs a franchise, Call of Duty's becoming utterly boring and the more installments Activision has released, the more it ruined it. When I first heard of Ghosts when it was announced, my first impression of it was 'just another modern warfare.' Fortunately, it wasn't. And this time, I believe, Activision has done sth different.
On the other hand, this 'different' failed to impress a fair number of people. Just like Black Ops II, many people were not satisfied with Ghosts, despite the impressive graphics and the improvements in the gameplay mechanic. But seriously..... 1.6? That's WAYYY too underrated. I'm sure there are ppl out there who've been hating the franchise (and Activision is to be blamed), but Ghosts deserves at least a 6.
When looking at these scores, its hard to imagine that Activision actually DARED to challenge Rockstar Games to break the GTA V sales record. Sure, Ghosts made a $1 billion in one day head start, but that was just retail, not even the actual consumer purchase. And when consumers come here to see THIS, I doubt their sales would reach 5 million in a week.… Expand
Aug 15, 2014-Unplayable and unpleasant-
So let's get that out of the way: The Singleplayer mode is quite entertaining. Nothing special, but better-Unplayable and unpleasant-
So let's get that out of the way: The Singleplayer mode is quite entertaining.
Nothing special, but better than in other modern CoD games.
But the multiplayer is where all the problems are.
- No real dedicated servers (You can't select which server you want to join, you can't rent them, can't modify them, cant moderate them, can't see them, can't feel them.)
In this regard, Infinity Ward are plain liars.
- terrible lags (I think others confuse them to be caused by lag compensation, but it's just regular good old lags. Get used to being shot dead at the frame you see the opponent the first time.)
- umpleasant host migration
- bad spawning position
- prone is broken (You mostly can't go into prone or can't aim or move while in prone. Every small polygone around you seems to block you in this regard.)
- losing complete conenction to a session (and by that all the unsaved kills and XP)
- any teammate running near/next to you will block your movement, forcing you to go the wrong direction, simulating a really bad lag
- your framerate can drop from a steady 90fps to a screen frozen for 3 seconds ramdomly at every moment
- the "physics" are so bad, you constantly outcry in disbelief that what just happened made the the ragdoll behave like it did. Golden Eye 64 had more realistic looking deaths.
- the Ripper (DLC weapon) feels like pay-2-win
- your menu can have heavy, randome slowdowns
- the audio is suttering
- your mouse feels like it's skipping over the screen
Even on a power-beast of a computer, this game runs like it's the leaked beta of Crysis 5.
But the Graphics actually don't look that bad if you turn everything on ultra.
It sure is o Battlefield 3, but I think it looks much better than Counter Strike : Global Offensive.
It's really a shame, because if all those problems weren't, this game would have some nice multiplayer, and I would give it a 8/10.
I really love the maps, the weapons and items, the mechanics and balancing, the game mods and timing. But it's just not playable. And Infinity Ward doesn't care about that. The game is out, they made some small patches, defended their lies and released some expensive DLC. Now they moved to their next project, leaving behind the idiots whom bought this game.
This was the first CoD by Infinity Ward that I've bought.
This was the last CoD by Infinity Ward that I've bought.
I was an idiot.… Expand
Nov 20, 2013my review is only for the single player! i just want to mention that i played most of the cod campaigns. this game is pretty similar in a lotmy review is only for the single player! i just want to mention that i played most of the cod campaigns. this game is pretty similar in a lot of ways to the previous cods. most of the time, i dont have a problem with games bringing you more of the same, but in cod ghosts some of the levels feel like a copy from the previous titles. this missions are still fun, but it feels lazy. I do like the game though, and while it isnt any better then black ops 2, its still fun. the action sequences are still fun, and they are a bit larger then in previous titles. this brings me to my next point, the graphics. they really didnt improve in a lot and it lacks the graphics i expect from a 2013 triple A release. some aspects were improved, but overall the graphics are almost identical (which isnt a good thing) .the graphics are also inconcictent. a jungle mission looks great but most of the other levels dont look as well(the jungle mission is also pretty fun). textures are extremely low ress and explosions look 2D and crap. the games mechanics also feel untouched, and while theyre good, ive seen better and i expected better graphics than this. the enviroments are pretty detailed, which is a plus. overall the game is just fun crazy action. the friendly AI isnt the best, and the enemy AI is mediocore. i also had a sound bug which was really irritating. the ending is also extremely crap!!! though it may look like i dont like the game, i had a good time with it. its not as good as black ops 2, and i have a lot of complaints about it, but its still a fun crazy shooter and if you like the genre you should buy it.… Expand
Nov 8, 2013Cómo juzgar al juego con mayor requerimiento de recursos cuando su tecnología está tan por debajo de la media?, es más. con la cantidad deCómo juzgar al juego con mayor requerimiento de recursos cuando su tecnología está tan por debajo de la media?, es más. con la cantidad de ingresos que obtiene, no es capaz de ofrecer una optimización en PC que no de vergüenza?, Battlefield 4 (o cual quier otro) que triplica en tecnología a este titulo no requiere ni un tercio de recursos, empezando por un sistema de 64 bits... decepcionante...… Expand
Nov 5, 2013Once again another installation of this tired and washed out series. The Singleplayer is OK, but really nothing we haven't seen before and theOnce again another installation of this tired and washed out series. The Singleplayer is OK, but really nothing we haven't seen before and the multiplayer is the same uninspired dirt it has been since the first Modern Warfare. Definitely would not recommend getting this on the PC.… Expand
Nov 7, 2013The worst cod i have ever player, so under optimised, direct console port, plays so much worse than BO2, the style, system, hud, controls,The worst cod i have ever player, so under optimised, direct console port, plays so much worse than BO2, the style, system, hud, controls, gameplay, guns are all inferior and frankly awful in general. A mess of a game is an understatement. DO NOT BUY.… Expand
- By user score