Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PC

4.1

1. Nu3gaWhat
    Jan 10, 2010
    Terrible. The story line is weak and short. Multiplayer? LOL Yeah the biggest fail ever. NO dedicated servers, NO kicking/banning, NO choice in what map you play or any other options OTHER then gametype, NO leaning, unbalanced weapons/perks/killstreaks, retarded respawns on overly busy map designs that leads to always being shot in the back by someone respawning or being killed by a Terrible. The story line is weak and short. Multiplayer? LOL Yeah the biggest fail ever. NO dedicated servers, NO kicking/banning, NO choice in what map you play or any other options OTHER then gametype, NO leaning, unbalanced weapons/perks/killstreaks, retarded respawns on overly busy map designs that leads to always being shot in the back by someone respawning or being killed by a camper, cheaters run rampant and are blatant because there is NOTHING you can do about them. Oh maybe VAC will detect the PUBLIC hacks, and ban them a few weeks later...maybe. It just keeps being worse. Lack of a console to tweak settings or even to display your frames per second!!!! Laggy as f*ck, as expected with no dedicated servers. Worst of all, IW is ignoring the community, and even insulting our intelligence. Deleting threads and petitions on their forums. Also what would appear to me, having their employees or simply people they pay to blatantly lie saying how good the game is. All of this for $10 more then PC games go for.....what a rip off. Expand
  2. mathieuG.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Well, I was always a fan of the Call of Duty games, the only reason why I voted so high was because the single player was actually really really good. The multiplayer on the other hand is complete garbage. The PC community was completely abandoned when dedicated servers were taken out, its not that the game is garbage really, its mostly that the loyal gamers were completely ignored. The Well, I was always a fan of the Call of Duty games, the only reason why I voted so high was because the single player was actually really really good. The multiplayer on the other hand is complete garbage. The PC community was completely abandoned when dedicated servers were taken out, its not that the game is garbage really, its mostly that the loyal gamers were completely ignored. The community is completely destroyed. Meeting familiar faces is no longer do-able. Just another console game with a mouse, its all MW2 is. Stick with MW1 if you are a skilled fps player. Did I mention that the hosts get 0 ping, while everyone gets 70+ in every game? Really big disadvantageous if you ask me, not to forget to mention that the nub tubes are still in the game. And theres NO WAY to take them out. Skilled FPS are a thing of the past, its all about "nice" graphics and consumer dollars. Don't support this game, it was my mistake for not listening to the podcast. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  4. PiotrS
    Dec 8, 2009
    Completely dissapointed, PC version is only a shadow of CoD4. Pointless console port the way I see it.
  5. AwfulGame
    Jan 11, 2010
    Terrible game. Doesn't deserve half of the press it got. Obviously a rush job. And that's only talking about the parts where they didn't purposely neuter the PC version! IW should be ashamed of this product.
  6. SFinn
    Jan 1, 2010
    Biggest flop of '09. The single player story is HORRIBLE. As most people know MP doesn't have dedicated servers, 'nuff said.
  7. Freaky
    Jan 13, 2010
    I have the game and can't even play it! I'm getting that "iw4mp.exe" error! Tried all the fixes I've found on google, but nothing works! This is some BULLS*#T!
  8. MikeV
    Jan 14, 2010
    battled to run the game for 18 hours, tied up my internet connection for 5 days, made no progress. Game unplayable. Very dissapointing.
  9. ianm
    Jan 14, 2010
    Weapons are as poor as ive seen. akimbo shotguns better range than most guns joke Sniper guns are poor no need to hit enemy to kill them .mw2 has ruined cod for ever as a pc game Badcompany 2 the way forward now
  10. ProGamer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Shame on Infinity Ward!!!!!!!!! Worst CoD ever on PC I can not understand how the game has so get a good evaluation from the press! Counter Strike remains the number 1 and that will not change as long as the shooter genre is destroyed by consoles
  11. AndrewY
    Jan 20, 2010
    Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty enjoyable single player for a few hours the most annoying multiplayer experience ever !!! Dont go with any Infinity Ward games !! They Spent Multi Millions, on Re Skinning COD4 !! and taking the best bits out ! a absolute CON ! Expand
  12. ChristopherM
    Jan 24, 2010
    The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that doesn't stop racism. As of the last patch the game consistantly crashes and I get booted back to the initial screen. IW literally spit in PC gamers faces when they called the people who signed the petition to implement dedicated servers (250,000 signatures, more than you see online at any time.) If you have a cheater in your game, you might as well leave because your gaming experience will be ruined because there is no way to remove the cheater from your game. Yet at least, I would assume they would give the host the ability to kick players in later patches. Expand
  13. JasonL
    Nov 10, 2009
    seriously, the decision to take out dedicated server and lower the player to less then 20 in multiplayer mode is a very "SMART" decision. Since it helped my save $60 for other stuff that i liked. God bless you, IW, for helping me save my money!
  14. NathanS
    Nov 10, 2009
    9 vs 9 is a step backwards in pc gaming. IW pretty much slapped pc gamers in the face by not using dedicated servers. Don't waste your money on this. Especially if you're looking for good multiplayer. If you're just interested in single player, get it off bittorrent and slap IW in their faces.
  15. EpicFail
    Dec 22, 2009
    No dedicated server support and a complete lack of caring for PC by Infinity Ward creates a mediocre console port for a generation of hard core gamers. Pass on this one, and wait for Bad Company 2.
  16. DigitzO
    Dec 2, 2009
    Without dedicated servers, I've lost all control of what I wanna play. I have to painfully sit and wait through bad maps that I'm not interested in. I've seen many hackers online and there isn't anything you can do about it. There are a couple maps that I would love to play around the clock...but, I can't. So I've went back to CSS 2 weeks ago and haven't Without dedicated servers, I've lost all control of what I wanna play. I have to painfully sit and wait through bad maps that I'm not interested in. I've seen many hackers online and there isn't anything you can do about it. There are a couple maps that I would love to play around the clock...but, I can't. So I've went back to CSS 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back. But hey, they got my money so what do they care ? Expand
  17. VanjaL
    Dec 28, 2009
    The story is just terrible. I guess they saw the reaction to the unexpected death of a protagonist and the absolutely fantastic ending of Modern Warfare 1 and tried to repeat it. It was just awkward and the amount of main character deaths just aggravated me. Altho the story is flawed, you could still have fun with the singleplayer if it wasn't so damn short. The multiplayer is The story is just terrible. I guess they saw the reaction to the unexpected death of a protagonist and the absolutely fantastic ending of Modern Warfare 1 and tried to repeat it. It was just awkward and the amount of main character deaths just aggravated me. Altho the story is flawed, you could still have fun with the singleplayer if it wasn't so damn short. The multiplayer is retarded. Just retarded. Skip this one and buy Dragon Age instead. Expand
  18. [anonymous]
    Dec 23, 2009
    Going from CoD4 to this was a serious downgrade. No dedicated servers, lots of glitches, bad single player, and many other issues.
  19. JonB
    Dec 29, 2009
    Glad to see people giving MW2 what it deserves. MW2 brought mainstream-America to video games, and that's not okay. Hope you go out of business, Infinity Ward. You guys are horrible people.
  20. Aug 24, 2010
    The multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perksThe multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perks are annoying. Especially commando, being knifed from across the room is not fun. The singleplayer was good for but nothing special and nothing that will stick to you memory. All in all I give this a 0. The gameplay is plain terrible the the horrible anti-cheat, hackers, and down right annoying things. This game could have been good but its idea of making it "noob" friendly was its downfall. Expand
  21. Sep 4, 2012
    Single player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun hereSingle player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun here and there, but my overall recommendation is: don't even consider buying this game! I was a great fan of the previous CoD titles but with MW2 and MW3 Activision managed to ruin this once great franchise. Expand
  22. Sep 5, 2013
    The single-player matters!
    You cannot release a game with a full single-player mode and then say: "It's all about the multi-player". Some people actually don't care about MP so you cannot be a unbiased reviewer and only talk about one part of the game.
    The single-player matters!
    So let's begin with the single-player. It is a complete mess. The AI is beyond stupid, they will just run at you until gunned down. They won't use strategy, they won't use cover, they won't flank or even do much to kill you at all. The sound design makes the guns un-satisfying to use as they lack any real impact.
    The story is your usual "America good. Middle-East terrorist.". It's getting tiresome running around desert-filled streets shooting anything that isn't white. The story is presented in such a bad way that you have to piece together the whole thing by yourself. It took me more than one playthrough to even understand what was going on. Characters don't act realistically so you will never understand their motivations. It seems they came up with a half a dozen set-pieces and just built the story around them.
    In the first Modern Warfare it was shocking when your character died in a nuclear explosion so naturally, they thought that they would try to recreate that in this game. You are killed (as part of the story) about 4 times. I really hope that I misunderstood this because it's not surprising when you do it every 10 minutes.
    And speaking of minutes, there aren't that many in the story. The main campaign might take you 4 or 5 hours. This is unacceptable and absolutely pathetic.
    Alright, multi-player. It's broken. The weapons are so imbalanced that less than a dozen guns are actually used by players and if you try to use anything else you will be mauled to the ground like a baby by a dozen rabid pit-bulls. Rewarding kills with even more ridiculous ways to kill people is just plain stupid. If you are not extremely skilled at this game you will be killed repeatedly by the same guy and when you think you can kill him, he comes back in a chopper. And then he drops a nuke on you. The maps are awfully designed and don't encourage anything other than the run and gun technique. They are way too small and cramped and the amount of players on each server is laughable.
    You also don't have any dedicated servers, you can't kick/ban, you cannot choose maps and so on. The FOV is freaking ridiculous as well and it gives me eye-strain just looking at it for half an hour.
    This game is a mess and Activision must have been sucking off a lot of critics out there to recieve an 86 on Metacritic.
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means thatAs a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means that every other map im kicked out of the server due to a map i haven't bought being up next.....if only there were dedicated servers so i could stick to a server that didn't use the DLC maps.

If i could rate the single player and co-op alone it would receive a 8/10 its a little short but the spec ops makes up for that and some of the challenges and timed events are good fun.
    However the shocking multiplayer which would get a 0/10 drags the whole experience down, if the call of duty games didnt rely so shamelessly on multiplayer to be worth the money they cost maybe i could justify buying them.
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  25. MarshallE
    Nov 11, 2009
    Singularly the worst of all the Call of Duty games. No dedicated server, No coop, No leaning, No FOV adjust, No console, Unskippable everything, Short single player, Implied racism, Slanders several countries and peoples. Most politically incorrect game I've ever played, and for no good reason either. Avoid this soulless tripe at all costs.
  26. MazzleT
    Jan 4, 2010
    fucking discrace of a game, absolutely unplayable multiplayer, endless rubberbanding, terrible lag, unbalanced teams, client switch every 5 minutes, do not waste yout money on this abominable travesty of a failure made purely for money so they can leech us evety penny from there low quality trash
  27. whyreally
    Nov 10, 2009
    I downloaded it via torrents and it is a lot worse than I thought it would be I cancelled my preorder because the lack of support is simply degenerative to the PC community I'm not glad I did - singleplayer is meh graphics are meh sound is good gameplay is exactly the same as cod 4 (not bad...nothing new) its the exact same game - don't know how people can claim this is the best I downloaded it via torrents and it is a lot worse than I thought it would be I cancelled my preorder because the lack of support is simply degenerative to the PC community I'm not glad I did - singleplayer is meh graphics are meh sound is good gameplay is exactly the same as cod 4 (not bad...nothing new) its the exact same game - don't know how people can claim this is the best game of all time - its horrible - its not unique - and it sets standards which are akin to shitting on a persons head IW/Activision has taken the wrong road... by embracing console gamers, they alienate their entire base from which they came - its simply mind boggling the stupidity of the situation of the WAY below standard expectations for games no console they can push out the same crap year after year and get even more money - its simply pathetic our society is as retarded as that Expand
  28. KenK
    Nov 11, 2009
    Short, lackluster campaign and broken multiplayer. The game just doesn't live up to modern day PC FPS standards, all while being overpriced. Don't give in to the hype, MW2 is a disappointment.
  29. Aug 28, 2010
    I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day.I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day. It only gets a 1 because the single player is decent. Expand
  30. MarshalB
    Nov 10, 2009
    No Dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 multiplayer, no kicking cheaters, 4 hour campaign. This game is pretty much a $60 expansion to a game with features removed, any reviewer giving it a 10 ought to be ashamed of themselves.
  31. JackBauer
    Dec 7, 2009
    Online play is terrible, you end up waiting way too long in the que and nothing is done about cheaters. IW and their VAC do not work.
  32. OskarK
    Jan 1, 2010
    Single player: Short, story is a joke, but enjoyable 3/5 Spec-Ops: I'm pretty impressed with it, its cool 5/5 Multiplayer: Worst multiplayer i've ever seen.. Bad map design, this leads to millions of campers, the players are noobish (about 70%) they cant even play on an objective based game with teamwork. Matchmarking FAILS.. akimbo g18, akimbo model 1887 is too overpowered and Single player: Short, story is a joke, but enjoyable 3/5 Spec-Ops: I'm pretty impressed with it, its cool 5/5 Multiplayer: Worst multiplayer i've ever seen.. Bad map design, this leads to millions of campers, the players are noobish (about 70%) they cant even play on an objective based game with teamwork. Matchmarking FAILS.. akimbo g18, akimbo model 1887 is too overpowered and unskilled, spawning system sucks.. when I kill someone, that guy spawns behind me and shoots me... The multiplayer is especially made for noobs... It's really unenjoyable, fustrating, and 0% of fun. Multiplayer mode is a JOKE! + no dedicated servers?.. I'd rather play MW1 then this rubbish.. 0/5 Did IW really thought that PC gamers will be pleased with this?.. Fail Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2010
    Call of Duty is a game for pigeon, nag, no gameplay, bowling with a very repetitive very short life! Apart from the graphics is a waste, non-existent community, full of cheater, in short, I do not recommend at all!
  34. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrainThis game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrain so cover doesn't matter either.

I give it a 1 because the single player didn't suck. It was waaaay too short for multiplayer to be as useless as it is though.
  35. gblack
    Feb 3, 2010
    Although sp game was enjoyable, mp was less than enjoyable, no map creation/console was one of the worst decision in the development imo, plus the lack of dedicated servers, as iwnet really is sub standard in comparison.also the decision to take out lean function was again a bad move on the developers part, makes the game (compared to previous versions) sub-standard. Im going to be Although sp game was enjoyable, mp was less than enjoyable, no map creation/console was one of the worst decision in the development imo, plus the lack of dedicated servers, as iwnet really is sub standard in comparison.also the decision to take out lean function was again a bad move on the developers part, makes the game (compared to previous versions) sub-standard. Im going to be playing battlefield bad company 2 exclusively when it arrives in march, which for a cod veteran (played series from day one) is a huge decision, but the decision to exclude dedicated servers, map creation and no lean function has forced my hand. Expand
  36. PaulR
    Apr 28, 2010
    Horrible Matchmaking, horrible spawns, horrible player systems. This is destroying the livery that PC gaming offers. This inherently is a playable game, but the over the top shenanigans and terrible online capabilities are a slap in the face towards gamers and military personnel like. Infinity Ward is done, and Activision brought this on themselves.
  37. lawrencef
    Jan 22, 2010
    the game play is great but IW net ruins everything, if i wanted a console style game i'd buy a console
  38. AlL.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Now I came into this totally unbiased, not expecting something amazing and not expecting something totally awful. Even then, I was disappointed how Infinity Ward could brush aside their PC gamers like this. No dedicated servers, no lean, no PC specific anything. The lean and the rest of the stuff PC users lost I can deal with, but for the love of god bring us a patch with DEDICATED Now I came into this totally unbiased, not expecting something amazing and not expecting something totally awful. Even then, I was disappointed how Infinity Ward could brush aside their PC gamers like this. No dedicated servers, no lean, no PC specific anything. The lean and the rest of the stuff PC users lost I can deal with, but for the love of god bring us a patch with DEDICATED SERVERS! If this does not happen, I will no longer support Infinity Ward, and I know many others won't either. It's foolish to take the Xbox game, and slap a PC badge over it. Shame on you Infinity Ward. We may not be the biggest purchasers of your game, but we are the ones that started it all and made you what you are today. You've stabbed us in the back. Expand
  39. JD.
    Jan 10, 2010
    I have no problem with the lack of dedicated servers because I'm in it for the single player campaign because that's what Call of Duty series was all about! Stop trying to rewrite history claiming Call of Duty is all about multiplayer. It wasn't until AFTER COD2 that I.W. realised the following the multiplayer had on PC. However after being mildly disappointed with COD4 MW1 I have no problem with the lack of dedicated servers because I'm in it for the single player campaign because that's what Call of Duty series was all about! Stop trying to rewrite history claiming Call of Duty is all about multiplayer. It wasn't until AFTER COD2 that I.W. realised the following the multiplayer had on PC. However after being mildly disappointed with COD4 MW1 because of the rather idiotic AI (both friendly and enemy) and quite disappointing set pieces (not a patch on those in COD and COD2) imagine my disgust to find that I.W. has done absolutely nothing to address either of these issues and indeed have now added a non-nonsensical story to go with even crappier set pieces and unbelievably it seems they have made the AI stupider! (I know it's not true but WOW does it feel like it) the sheer idiocy of the AI will leave you breathless. Turning up the difficulty just seems to result in more enemy AI targeting you, even if one of your friendly AI's is literally 1 meter from them and you're on the other side of the map. Simply Stunning in it's ineptitude and laziness. Even HALO's AI craps on this from a great height. I.W. had me with COD and COD2. They showed me the future with COD4 MW1, and it came to pass with MW2. Absolute crap. Save your money and wait for Battlefield Bad Company (I can't believe I just endorsed a Battlefield game! See what you've made me do Infinity Ward!) Expand
  40. jockom
    Dec 10, 2009
    I bought that game to play it with my friends, but soon i realised that that is simply not possible in 90% of the time. And if in some way we all connect, it gets frustrating b/c high pings and random cheaters and abusers yelling on voice chat.
  41. RookieLeader
    Jan 13, 2010
    3 for the single part that is riskie and full of cliche but keep you on stress every last seconds. But then... nothing. The multiplayer part is a bunch of "too bad" moments : too bad you don't have optical fiber connection you all, too bad you are disconnected every 5 minutes, too bad you can't have dedicated servers and make a "real" community around this game, too bad you gave 3 for the single part that is riskie and full of cliche but keep you on stress every last seconds. But then... nothing. The multiplayer part is a bunch of "too bad" moments : too bad you don't have optical fiber connection you all, too bad you are disconnected every 5 minutes, too bad you can't have dedicated servers and make a "real" community around this game, too bad you gave 60 euros/dollars for a game that won't live much. Who, on PC (not talking about XBOX or PS3), will pay for new content when you see how careless the devs are for their public? Expand
  42. Jan 6, 2011
    I gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a moreI gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a more challenging multiplayer/bigger maps go buy Bad Company 2, its not as popular, but i think its just because Call of Duty is way to heavily advertised, the game developers just want our money, (also the price is rediculous, and they just use the same graphics animations and sounds as the other call of duty games just a little improved, and if you watch gameplay of the original call of duty when you shoot someone they do the exact same thing in this game) Expand
  43. RobertoB.
    Jan 20, 2010
    just few words. Single player in my opinion is too short. I've finished it in just 4 hours and the end is so foreseeable. Multiplayer without dedicated server, without anticheat is shit; too much lag and too much hackers. Very good work iW. i think that it's the worst cod that i ever played.
  44. ViperC.S.
    Feb 11, 2010
    Nunca segundas partes fueron buenas... En relacion al CoD4 y el XFire, esta nueva version del CoD4. 2 deja mucho que desear. Empezare por su sistema Steam. Es muy dictatorial. Nadie puede imponer en que servidor, partida y equipo ha de jugar. No es libre como XFire. Faltan Mods para mejorarlo. Muy mal desarrollado el Steam comparado con XFire. Historia absurda para mentes absurdas. Nunca segundas partes fueron buenas... En relacion al CoD4 y el XFire, esta nueva version del CoD4. 2 deja mucho que desear. Empezare por su sistema Steam. Es muy dictatorial. Nadie puede imponer en que servidor, partida y equipo ha de jugar. No es libre como XFire. Faltan Mods para mejorarlo. Muy mal desarrollado el Steam comparado con XFire. Historia absurda para mentes absurdas. Infinity podria haber mejorado este juego en su totalidad y hacerlo mas atractivo, pues es bastante oscuro y existe poca diferencia de uniformes con el enemigo. NO VOLVERE A COMPRAR NADA MAS QUE SEA BASADO EN STEAM y de INFINITY WARD MIRARE ANTES CON LUPA SUS NUEVOS PRODUCTOS. Gran decepcion en Multijugador por sus cortes de servidor, su modo dictatorial de enviar a server, escenario y equipo a quien se conecta. En pocas palabras. ME QUEDO CON CoD4 y XFire. Expand
  45. Ownage
    Feb 3, 2010
    Single player too short and tried to be too hollywood jumping from one objective to the next. Multiplayed maps are too small, boring and repetative. Less players can join compared to the old battlefield. Constant drop offs from lobbies waiting for a game to start. No ability to kick, ban or report cheaters. LOTS OF CHEATERS IN THIS GAME to the point its not playable. IF someone tk's Single player too short and tried to be too hollywood jumping from one objective to the next. Multiplayed maps are too small, boring and repetative. Less players can join compared to the old battlefield. Constant drop offs from lobbies waiting for a game to start. No ability to kick, ban or report cheaters. LOTS OF CHEATERS IN THIS GAME to the point its not playable. IF someone tk's the whole match there is nothing you can do about it. Game should have cost less than 65$ because of the lack of effort or patches put into it. Hold out for battlefield which has consistently put out a good series. After COD World At War this one drops the ball and was overhyped. Expand
  46. Unknowncss
    Nov 10, 2009
    The P2P server system on this game is terrible, You often end up in laggy servers or servers where the host rage quits and you have to keep on migrateing.
  47. JA
    Jan 1, 2010
    The gameplay in this game solid, but the way its delivered is horrendous. The laziness of the devlopers can easily be spotted in this game. This came alone has completely changed Infinity Ward's status in the PC gamer community.
  48. leom
    Jan 22, 2010
    The game blows.The graphics are consolarized,no deciated servers or mods,You have to use steam as well. AIm waiting for bad company 2 which actully has support for the pc,like better grahpics than consoles and decicated servers
  49. Sabbath
    Jan 20, 2010
    nothing new ... same old story. non dedicated servers bad work.
  50. FlorianK
    Apr 28, 2010
    The Game itself is to be concidered really nice, but the absence of dedicated server support, absolutely random matchmaking, random senseless spawn systems, no ability to kick foul players, no ability to choose maps, blabla - in short: the fact that the players of this game are stripped of all of their freedoms and are being forced to play with hackers, cheaters, campers and lamers and on The Game itself is to be concidered really nice, but the absence of dedicated server support, absolutely random matchmaking, random senseless spawn systems, no ability to kick foul players, no ability to choose maps, blabla - in short: the fact that the players of this game are stripped of all of their freedoms and are being forced to play with hackers, cheaters, campers and lamers and on maps they dont like makes this game the worst i've ever played. Expand
  51. Oct 8, 2011
    I have this game for XBOX 360, and it sucks.I would rather play Superman 64 or ET over this game. The reason I'm writing a review here on the PC section is because writing only one bad review does not accurately portray my hatred of this game. The multiplayer's perks are extremely unbalanced and basically have a ninja mode, there are no dedicated servers, cheaters are everywhere, lagI have this game for XBOX 360, and it sucks.I would rather play Superman 64 or ET over this game. The reason I'm writing a review here on the PC section is because writing only one bad review does not accurately portray my hatred of this game. The multiplayer's perks are extremely unbalanced and basically have a ninja mode, there are no dedicated servers, cheaters are everywhere, lag abounds, and glitches are the main way I died. The single player's plot has more holes than the Columbine victims, but the set pieces look cool. I would reccomend this game to you if you were dumb enough to like Transformers 2. Expand
  52. Nov 17, 2011
    Coming off a successful MW1, Infinity Ward brings a lot that is familiar back with some new twists. Unfortunately, what could have been a good sequel is plagued by hackers that have free reign on the system making it completely unplayable on the PC. I would have rated this game much higher, if I would have been able to actually play it. And no dedicated servers??? Really. Do any of theseComing off a successful MW1, Infinity Ward brings a lot that is familiar back with some new twists. Unfortunately, what could have been a good sequel is plagued by hackers that have free reign on the system making it completely unplayable on the PC. I would have rated this game much higher, if I would have been able to actually play it. And no dedicated servers??? Really. Do any of these people even play games on a PC?? Expand
  53. Nov 18, 2011
    Essentially a map pack for MW2. It is fun, and a run-n-gun at it's core elements. I hope that they will support the PC version and the Call of Duty franchise will respect their roots. MW2 I think got only 1 or 2 patches before they abandoned it (on PC), leaving the community with imbalanced weapons and unstable online support & match making. So far im seeing a handful of issues withEssentially a map pack for MW2. It is fun, and a run-n-gun at it's core elements. I hope that they will support the PC version and the Call of Duty franchise will respect their roots. MW2 I think got only 1 or 2 patches before they abandoned it (on PC), leaving the community with imbalanced weapons and unstable online support & match making. So far im seeing a handful of issues with online play and connectivity. Survival is glitchy, often kicking your partner out of the game all together. Skyrim had a patch on Day 1, just saying. With the millions and millions of money that they made I hope they put some of it back into the community with patches and support. I would be willing to bump up my review if PC gets some patches from IW & Activision/Blizzard Expand
  54. MurrayW
    Jan 17, 2010
    Personally I have no idea what goes through the heads of those who give this game a good score. I am not scoring low because of IW's bad service or lack of dedicated servers. I am judging on the game itself. Infinity ward have 8 years under their belt, yet seem to only have mastered the very fundamentals of a basic shooter. There is nothing in this game that deserves the ridiculous Personally I have no idea what goes through the heads of those who give this game a good score. I am not scoring low because of IW's bad service or lack of dedicated servers. I am judging on the game itself. Infinity ward have 8 years under their belt, yet seem to only have mastered the very fundamentals of a basic shooter. There is nothing in this game that deserves the ridiculous hype it has received from such respected reviewers. In terms of the game in itself, it is fine and offers a few hours of fun, however, in the face of hundreds of other FPS games on the market, there is NOTHING to put this game ahead and earn any well-deserved hype. The game is completely featureless, and only seems to be the bare bones of what a shooter should start off as.. Only with average graphics added. It sits uncomfortably in the middle of the realism scale, not being too unrealistic for a fun game, and not realistic enough to be considered.. Well.. Realistic. There are many other games on the market which can also offer far more enjoyable online play (tf2, l4d, cs:s, arma, any other game, etc..) All in all, the game is a mediocre shooter which has the same gameplay as shooters released over 5 years ago. There is nothing to put it ahead of any other game on the market, as whatever aspect of a shooter you're looking for, it'll be better utilized in another game. Don't get sucked in by the hype. This game is rubbish Expand
  55. Don'tBuyThisGame
    Jan 6, 2010
    I Loved, Loved, LOVED CoD MW2. It will always be the constant reminder to never buy into the hype, never pay full markup on new releases, never let fancy graphics cloud true gameplay. If you want fancy graphics, with a decently engaging storyline with FAR more availability for PvE action and tactical manuevering, (And dedicated servers lol) and have a computer to play MW2, I'd advise I Loved, Loved, LOVED CoD MW2. It will always be the constant reminder to never buy into the hype, never pay full markup on new releases, never let fancy graphics cloud true gameplay. If you want fancy graphics, with a decently engaging storyline with FAR more availability for PvE action and tactical manuevering, (And dedicated servers lol) and have a computer to play MW2, I'd advise you buy Crysis. Atleast you can then brag to your friends you have an as beautiful looking game (Cause that's all they care about apparently as we've seen), that actually allows you to approach objectives in any manner you see fit, instead of running down the same narrow direction and admiring all the pretty colors around you. I was thinking of giving this a 1 rating, simply because I got to see Russians invading America, but then I realised that would contribute to anything but considering this game is a total utter failure and waste of 60$, which is exactly what it is. Expand
  56. JB
    Feb 6, 2010
    The singleplayer mode is fun, i admit. However, multiplayer is somethign of a fail. IWNET takes all the fun out of mp, fun that we had on cod4 (and dare i say it cod5) with modding, custom maps, and custom rules. Im lucky if i can play two consecutive matches in a row without being disconnected and faced with some message saying 'Cannot migrate host' or 'Game lobby The singleplayer mode is fun, i admit. However, multiplayer is somethign of a fail. IWNET takes all the fun out of mp, fun that we had on cod4 (and dare i say it cod5) with modding, custom maps, and custom rules. Im lucky if i can play two consecutive matches in a row without being disconnected and faced with some message saying 'Cannot migrate host' or 'Game lobby closed'. Give us back good old PC gaming Please? Expand
  57. PumpkinReaper
    Dec 3, 2009
    The 0 is for multiplayer, even if you compare the console version to the previous version there's a lot of problems that hurt the game. For one thing, the spawn points are far more random instead of being vaguely on opposite sides of the map, so now you may end up having someone spawn directly behind you OR you may spawn on a grenade and so on. It just was shoddily done and the The 0 is for multiplayer, even if you compare the console version to the previous version there's a lot of problems that hurt the game. For one thing, the spawn points are far more random instead of being vaguely on opposite sides of the map, so now you may end up having someone spawn directly behind you OR you may spawn on a grenade and so on. It just was shoddily done and the respawn system should of had a lot more work done. Knifing is just ridiculous in this, sure it should be a little viable at least for screwing around, but right now it's pretty much dominating, how is sneaking around stabbing everyone even remotely how modern warfare is carried out? Noob Tubing is still existent in the game, one of the only other real problems in the first modern warfare (the other being martyrdom and how rampant it was) and it isn't entertaining when players will just rush in, use up their grenade launcher shot and then die, usually killing someone else in the process. All of these and more could of been alleviated slightly more if the PC version had dedicated servers (moderators to keep things in check and custom rules, along with people knowing where they can go when they just want to play with a specific ruleset). Also no modding = less replayability for a game after you've gotten all you can get out of it. Expand
  58. kevinW.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Graphics and Single player great as usual, but totally boned the pc user's by not making dedicated servers, I am tired of servers crashing hosts being lost lobbies closing for no reason or my game crashing. Once the new Battlefield is out I am forgetting I bought this game and will never buy another with this server system.
  59. IvenH
    Jan 19, 2010
    Good game - bad service. Several times lags and cheaters. Sometimes I can shoot, sometimes I was killed without any chance to survive. Bullshit is the non-dedicated server!!!!!
  60. claudiog
    Jan 5, 2010
    the game in single player mode is good, is hardly great, but with good hardware it is possible to appreciate the quality graphics of the game because the multiplayer mode as in previous versions but leaves much to be desired much the same, it would be better if there were such option that is too frustrating
  61. KravitsJ
    Jan 9, 2010
    this game suck!! horrible multiplayer, story, it lags, alot of bugs, unbalaced teams, server switch every 2 min and sometimes you get worse server than be4. i thought it will be perfekt but it doesn´t i hope things will get better if IW allow dedicated servers
  62. ChrisM.
    Feb 1, 2010
    After playing the multiplayer I can't help but think what was all of the hype about. I've played a game like this already it's called Metal Gear Online AND IT STINKS! These mappers would be hard pressed making maps any smaller. Respawns are instant in some circumstances and randomly placed in the map. There is no feeling of progression ,in a match, as a team. The enemy After playing the multiplayer I can't help but think what was all of the hype about. I've played a game like this already it's called Metal Gear Online AND IT STINKS! These mappers would be hard pressed making maps any smaller. Respawns are instant in some circumstances and randomly placed in the map. There is no feeling of progression ,in a match, as a team. The enemy lines are not present. You spawn all over the map. There is no securing an area to push ahead. Forget about decent weapon design. You'll see people stabbing you FROM THE FRONT and akimbo pistols that'll outgun your assault rifles or smgs. Forget considering this as a war game, it's a nonsensicle arcade game. Even at that it's nothing special. To make matters worse it's a peer-to-peer online connection even on the PC. Save your money for something else. Go to the casinos if you feel like impulsively gambling your $60. Expand
  63. JayB.
    Feb 1, 2010
    - Lack of dedicated server support. - No map control/game filtering. - Terrible weapon balance in any mode. With the right perks, a player can dominate with just a knife. - Very poor realism (e.g., riot shields withstanding 7.62 rounds, one-hit kills with knives, model 1887's, etc.). - Very little configuration available. - Uncontrollable bouts of lag depending on what the host is - Lack of dedicated server support. - No map control/game filtering. - Terrible weapon balance in any mode. With the right perks, a player can dominate with just a knife. - Very poor realism (e.g., riot shields withstanding 7.62 rounds, one-hit kills with knives, model 1887's, etc.). - Very little configuration available. - Uncontrollable bouts of lag depending on what the host is doing during gameplay. - Matchmaking does not work. - Game is hacked worse than CoD4. - No ability to vote kick unruly players. - No chat/bad name filtering. - Over-priced ($10 more than the average PC game). Expand
  64. sunnyr1yz
    Jan 24, 2010
    multiplayer sucks 98% of time with lags, server kicking you out, server closing down on it's own because noone's able to host it.... the list goes on.. The sad part is it's actually fun the rest 2% time!
  65. AndrejM
    Nov 10, 2009
    No custom maps No mods No tweaking No dedicated servers No playing higher then 9v9 Higher pings Harsh DRM(Steam) No community Shorter single player from CoD4 No competitive play Forced hosting $10 extra price Don't even waste your time, critic reviews are paid.
  66. Abyss
    Nov 12, 2009
    This game is an insult to all PC-gamers. It's taking you 10 years back in time when it comes to the MP part of the game. The SP is sweet (as always) but way too short to justify the high price. Console gamers have different standards when it comes to multiplayer, they don't seem to care about no dedicated servers simply because they don't know any better. I loved the COD This game is an insult to all PC-gamers. It's taking you 10 years back in time when it comes to the MP part of the game. The SP is sweet (as always) but way too short to justify the high price. Console gamers have different standards when it comes to multiplayer, they don't seem to care about no dedicated servers simply because they don't know any better. I loved the COD series for it's MP, sadly MW2 is not one of them. I don't recommend buying MW2 if you are into Multiplayer, for the Single Player part you better watch a good movie instead of wasting 60 Euro's for roughly 5 hours of 'entertainment'. Expand
  67. Sep 2, 2010
    Call of duty MW 2 was the game that made me never to install an infinity ward game on my computer ever again. Now the single player story in MW 2 is okej but I like Modern warfare for its multiplayer. Which they manage to ruin in MW 2 here are some of the greatest points which made it rubbish 1.No dedicated servers, no need to say why this was a bad move.

2.To many automatic shooting

2.To many automatic shooting weapons, the only thing I was annoyed with in MW 1 was the chopper but it was manageable but its to much in MW 2 with 2 choppers one harrier and one automatic sentery can't ppl get frags on there own anymore?

3.The chopper gunner and the AC-130 they were pretty cool when you first get to see them in the game but then you realize it was super easy with them I mean huge squeres where ppl are so you dont have to look around for your self where ppl are.

4.there is no anti cheat, if you get a cheater on the server ther is no way to get rid of him unless you leave the server and join another, but here comes the funny part everytime i left a server becuse of a cheater and then join another server i always get send back to the same server becuse no dedicated server system so I hade to choose another game mode.

5.We have to pay new maps, xbox players can buy with game points and we pc gamers have to pay 14 bucks?!

6.Its a real noob game, I mean there is no challange the weapons are so easy to use.

7.Prestige mode, it was okej 2-3 times but 10 times now that is just a desperate atempt to keep the game alive in the baddest boring. But most of the times you dont have to play so much becuse most of the times you end up on a hacked server which gives you an XP boost which makes level 70 right away.

These are just the ones I can think of right now there are probobly more but they are enough for me to never play another Infinity ward or trayarch game ever becuse they have totaly backstabed us PC gamers with there no dedicated servers. So now I have started play Bad Company 2 and its great. 0.0
  68. Jul 26, 2011
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    If you like to watch jean claude van damme films and steven seagal films this game is right up your street, its basically shoot shoot shoot, reload shoot shoot shoot, it gets boring quick, the odd time u throw a grenade spices it up but yeah pretty boring no where near as good as cod 4
  70. Nov 18, 2011
    So its better than COD MW3 on PC IMO, as far as multiplayer goes. MP gameplay is fun, and challenging. That said, the cheating and hacking online are a complete joke, and have totally ruined the game for those who don't cheat. I have not seen any updates addressing the multiplayer cheating, and reporting offending players seems to do nothing at all.

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload of frustration. And FYI, ditto for MW3...hackers laughing out loud in MP on the very first day of release. Last purchase of the franchise for me, hopefully Respawn Entertainment releases something excellent soon. /end rant
  71. KrisW
    Jan 3, 2010
    People who gave this a 10 must be working at IW hackers , aimbots , lag , cannot connect to host issues , no support , people who are frustrated shouting profanities , small maps , and the only gamemode that has more then 12 players that grounwar thing is a crappy lagfest . my ping in fps games like cod4 and l4d is around 20-25 and in MW2 its around 60-80 and 100 in grounwars way to high People who gave this a 10 must be working at IW hackers , aimbots , lag , cannot connect to host issues , no support , people who are frustrated shouting profanities , small maps , and the only gamemode that has more then 12 players that grounwar thing is a crappy lagfest . my ping in fps games like cod4 and l4d is around 20-25 and in MW2 its around 60-80 and 100 in grounwars way to high to enjoy fluid gameplay . thanks for failing the pc community IW i hope you choke on a xbox gamepad Expand
  72. lolseriously?
    Feb 7, 2010
    I can easily get to the top of Team Deathmatch leaderboard with a knife and pistol class, knifing is way overpowered with all the sprint perks. Somehow Infinity Ward thought giving the noob tube (grenade laucher) infinite ammo with the One Man Army perk was a good idea. Baically multiplayer is horrible compared to COD4. Admittedly I have higher standards for multiplayer since this is a I can easily get to the top of Team Deathmatch leaderboard with a knife and pistol class, knifing is way overpowered with all the sprint perks. Somehow Infinity Ward thought giving the noob tube (grenade laucher) infinite ammo with the One Man Army perk was a good idea. Baically multiplayer is horrible compared to COD4. Admittedly I have higher standards for multiplayer since this is a CoD game, but still this multiplayer is a serious step down from Call of Duty 4's. Only Search and Destroy is competitive. I go play TDM's with a knife or a tube just to relax, no skill or effort is really required there. Single player was alright, I'd say maybe too much story but fun overall. Expand
  73. alcyone7
    Jan 16, 2010
    Lousy multiplayer -- IWNET is an appalling piece of programming. Single player missions are too brief. STEAM constantly disconnects. Maps full of glitches (as usual for IW) and the hackers ruin whatever is left - the anticheat system is a joke!
  74. MarkA
    Jan 18, 2010
    If you are buying this for multiplayer puroses, don't. They have recently cut out many of the community by relying on users to set up routers with special settings, that even when done, you cannot play online. I am above average in my ability to configure my system (with the help of online forums), and for two weeks and a lot of tinkering, cannot connect online anymore. Until the If you are buying this for multiplayer puroses, don't. They have recently cut out many of the community by relying on users to set up routers with special settings, that even when done, you cannot play online. I am above average in my ability to configure my system (with the help of online forums), and for two weeks and a lot of tinkering, cannot connect online anymore. Until the manufacturer decides to make dedicated servers for this game, hold off. Expand
  75. rogerf
    Jan 19, 2010
    this game gets a 3 from me as too much lag and no dedicated servers , and where is the g3 !!!!!
  76. CallumS
    Nov 10, 2009
    omg, first of all the campaign is alright. But i bought this game for epic multiplayer but thats it's weak point! full of hackers and abusers. servers where also very laggy. I want a refund, seriously. For MP get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. if u want a decent single player experience buy this but i bought it for multiplayer.
  77. Maxvon
    Apr 5, 2010
    The singleplayer is ok but a bit short. The mulitplayer is a disaster its full with hacks, cheaters, aimbots and all kinds of bad stuff. IW need to bring out a patch but it dosnt. I would not recoment to buy battlefield BC2 is much better even thou there were some minor problems with the starting week, and the singleplayer isnt that good but the muliplayer rocks.
  78. NathanR
    Jan 3, 2010
    What a let down. Nothing more to say really, only the campaign is extremely short and boring, simply running from one objective to the other and the AI friendlies and enemies are very boring and predictable. Spec Ops is basically replaying the campaign with a friend, most of the achievements/trophies are from earning stars. The Multiplayer is very bad - The killstreaks are just plain What a let down. Nothing more to say really, only the campaign is extremely short and boring, simply running from one objective to the other and the AI friendlies and enemies are very boring and predictable. Spec Ops is basically replaying the campaign with a friend, most of the achievements/trophies are from earning stars. The Multiplayer is very bad - The killstreaks are just plain annoying, most of the maps are stll linear, the spawn system is terrible and the host migration takes far too long. I also hear their aren't any dedicated servers for PC which really sucks (although I play 360) as my friends play PC. Overall, they took MW1, ripped out the good stuff, filled it with rubbish and ripped 5 million people off. Expand
  79. CharlesF
    Dec 26, 2009
    Don't waste your money. Its almost as if they MP was an after thought. IWNet is FAILNet. The amount of cheaters and hackers out there is unreal. Its almost if VAC isnt doing anything at all. The SP is entertaining but a bit short. Coop is fun for one run through. MP is just disappointing. You have no control over anything. You can pick what game type you want to play, but then your Don't waste your money. Its almost as if they MP was an after thought. IWNet is FAILNet. The amount of cheaters and hackers out there is unreal. Its almost if VAC isnt doing anything at all. The SP is entertaining but a bit short. Coop is fun for one run through. MP is just disappointing. You have no control over anything. You can pick what game type you want to play, but then your at the mercy of IWNet. Sometimes you get thrown into a game in progress and put on a losing team seconds before the round ends. So you get a loss on your stats. Sometimes it puts you with people half way around the world so your ping is garbage and you can either try and deal with it or leave and get a loss counted on your stats. Most of the time though, you will be put in a game with a blatant hacker who doesn't even try to hide it. Like a guy with sniper gun standing out in the open aimbotting. So you can leave and get a loss counted against your stats. Why do I keep talking about a loss? Some would say "Its no big deal, its just a loss" and my answer is, if its not big deal why was IW so adamant with punishing people for leaving and having a popup every time you try and leave. Its rather sad. IW has turned thier back on the very people that made thier games so popular. Save your money and use it on a game from a company that appreciates your business. (DICE and Battlefield Bad Company 2 for instance). Would have been a zero but the SP/Coop was entertaining and worth a point each. Expand
  80. JohnV
    Dec 30, 2009
    Stupid leveling, killstreaks and cheaters make the pc multiplayer tedious. Single player is good but too short to make up for deficiencies. Seems like the game was designed by a salesman or marketing guy. I'd sure like to have my money back.
  81. MephistoDelta
    Dec 4, 2009
    I am so dissapointed with this title,the singleplayer is way too short, nice graphics tho....but we all know graphics don't make a game. The muliplayer is terrible, as every one has said no dedicated servers, laggy, no map selection, no leaning, no kicking etc etc. If I had know that the multiplayer had been so badly screwed up I would never have bought the game. Give me dedicated I am so dissapointed with this title,the singleplayer is way too short, nice graphics tho....but we all know graphics don't make a game. The muliplayer is terrible, as every one has said no dedicated servers, laggy, no map selection, no leaning, no kicking etc etc. If I had know that the multiplayer had been so badly screwed up I would never have bought the game. Give me dedicated servers and get rid of the stupid emblem crap...who actually cares that you are a "speed demon" or "Crate companion" In all, if you want to get cod mw2 for multiplayer, save your money, you'll be dissapointed! Expand
  82. MichaelH
    Dec 6, 2009
    Rated for lack of dedicated servers. Why, Infinity Ward, why?
  83. SarahC
    Nov 12, 2009
    I have a Xbox 360 and a PC. I bought this game for PC. I have a Xbox 360 controller for PC, but I choose to use a keyboard and mouse. Finished the single player in 5 hours almost exactly. This game has no LAN play for over 2 people. Also I bought the game from the shops but was required to make an account with STEAM. I've done over 20 hours in multiplayer. The game stops, while I have a Xbox 360 and a PC. I bought this game for PC. I have a Xbox 360 controller for PC, but I choose to use a keyboard and mouse. Finished the single player in 5 hours almost exactly. This game has no LAN play for over 2 people. Also I bought the game from the shops but was required to make an account with STEAM. I've done over 20 hours in multiplayer. The game stops, while playing constantly to find another host. Then the host drops, and it looks for another host. Then that host drops. There is a real need for dedicated servers in this game, and the PC communitys fears were very accurate. There is no way to select servers or choose to play with people who are close to where you live. WIth no LAN play and no dedicated servers after playing this game for 20 hours mutliplayer, this game deserves a 1 out of 10. Expand
  84. Gtimestuff
    Nov 12, 2009
    Single player is pretty good, but 99% of my time will be in multi and it is virtually unplayable without dedicated servers. I don't even mind the fact that its overpriced and you have to pay for DLC. I played it at a friend's house and am definitely not buying it until/unless they implement a dedicated server list. And 18 players?? WTF come on. Reading an interview with one of Single player is pretty good, but 99% of my time will be in multi and it is virtually unplayable without dedicated servers. I don't even mind the fact that its overpriced and you have to pay for DLC. I played it at a friend's house and am definitely not buying it until/unless they implement a dedicated server list. And 18 players?? WTF come on. Reading an interview with one of the developers, he said that he was often getting near 100ms ping, and saying that like it was great. I haven't played a COD4 server with more than 90ms ping since the game was released. Expand
  85. JoeP
    Nov 13, 2009
    Giving it a zero would be........ right and wrong. Singleplayer looks nice, plays nice and is nice, but... I didn't buy this game for the SP, I wanted to go online, play with friends on nearby, self-chosen servers. IW tells me not to do so. I have to "invite" my friend(s) and then hope that there is an open slot at the host IW throws me. Okay, I just hooked up with a friend. 1 minute Giving it a zero would be........ right and wrong. Singleplayer looks nice, plays nice and is nice, but... I didn't buy this game for the SP, I wanted to go online, play with friends on nearby, self-chosen servers. IW tells me not to do so. I have to "invite" my friend(s) and then hope that there is an open slot at the host IW throws me. Okay, I just hooked up with a friend. 1 minute wait with a clock counting to zero. Meanwhile, a few players leave, giving m ethe message "need 3 more players".... Okay, got 3 more players, again that clock. Then it's determining whi will be the "best host". wait. Hey the game started!!! Hooray! but.... After a few minutes, the host leaves... bye bye game and hey what's happened? I'm out of the game and my friend isn't..... So reconnect.... doesn't work, server full... damn... The matching system should "match" me with players of my own "strength"... yeah, right. I had lvl 5 myself and was matched with a host who had lvl 20 - 50 players... so far for the "matching" system. I played Bf, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF2142, The complete COD-series and had great battles in 32 against 32 mode. This MW2 MP does not even reach the heels of BF1942... Gonna play the SP until the end, for MP I will continue to play COD4. To the IW guys: thx for ruining a potential great game! Expand
  86. Bob
    Dec 23, 2009
    Single player is pretty terrible. I loved the first game, which is probably my favorite single player FPS I've played. This game was a horrible disappointment. The airport level had little to no context what so ever, a three minute cut scene would have been better. The other levels were for the most part a let down too. The first hour or two was fun. Rio was fun for awhile, but got Single player is pretty terrible. I loved the first game, which is probably my favorite single player FPS I've played. This game was a horrible disappointment. The airport level had little to no context what so ever, a three minute cut scene would have been better. The other levels were for the most part a let down too. The first hour or two was fun. Rio was fun for awhile, but got repetitive quickly and by the end of the game that was my feeling for every level. Looks fun at the beginning and could not wait to go to the next level because I was so bored by the random and horrible AI. I started the game out on veteran, but moved it to easy about halfway through, just to finish the game because I could careless about the horrible story and AI. Length is not an issue with me, since many games I play don't even have single player, but when it is a horrible 6 hour grind then it bothers me. Spec-Ops is a nice addition, but there isn't much of a reason for them not adding co-op into single player and having those, fun, missions in it. Multiplayer isn't much better than single player in my experience. Since I don't live near a population center I have to deal with a great amount of lag all of the time, unlike any other multiplayer games where I can choose the servers closest to me, I have to sit and wait three minutes to find a game that is extremely laggy. Other issues are the host changing, many hackers, all the guns for the most part act and sound exactly the same and pretty much shunted the PC gaming crowd. I am disappointed by this Mediocre Warcrap. Expand
  87. Martin
    Dec 29, 2009
    No dedicated servers really kills this game, you have to invite your friends and host a private game if you want some form of stability and even private matches have issues. If you attempt to join a game with friends (and you can connect to them) then be prepared to have to try serveral times before finding a good host. There are numurous frustrating issues with multiplayer and it is No dedicated servers really kills this game, you have to invite your friends and host a private game if you want some form of stability and even private matches have issues. If you attempt to join a game with friends (and you can connect to them) then be prepared to have to try serveral times before finding a good host. There are numurous frustrating issues with multiplayer and it is easily the worst online experience I have encountered so far. Activision also expects people to pay much more than what a normal game costs when its released. Stay away from mw2 until they fix multiplayer. Expand
  88. Kjell
    Nov 12, 2009
    This review will most likely be a bit long, so please bear with me. First off, I'd like to make a note on the good parts of the game. The Spec Ops mode can be lots of fun if you play with the right guy on the right missions. Some of the missions are extremely cool, but most of them sucks. The Single Player Campaign is very intense, which is a huge plus. But the lack of a good story This review will most likely be a bit long, so please bear with me. First off, I'd like to make a note on the good parts of the game. The Spec Ops mode can be lots of fun if you play with the right guy on the right missions. Some of the missions are extremely cool, but most of them sucks. The Single Player Campaign is very intense, which is a huge plus. But the lack of a good story line kills off the good feel about it, while at the same time the Single Player Campaign is way too short. The multiplayer however, is complete and utter garbage. Which no support for Dedicated Servers what-so-ever, you are doomed to forever play with high pings and unlikable people because you have absolutely no control over who gets to play on the same "server" as you. Furthermore, if the host of the match leaves, the game needs to find a new host, which happens ALL THE TIME. It is frustrating, and makes you want to punch the employees of Infinity Ward in the face. Especially Bowling. The only reason I gave this game a 1 and not a 0 is because a few of the Spec Ops Missions are great fun. Other than that, this game is complete and utter garbage and a waste of money. I suggest to skip this title and wait for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Digital Illusions actually cares about us PC gamers, unlike Infinity Ward and Activision. I would also like to get my hard earned money back. Expand
  89. RickT
    Nov 12, 2009
    I really enjoyed Mw2's singeplayer, although there are not many differences to mw1 and some weird things like no console or no leaning.... . But alot of new weapons and a great story made me forget about that. The thing is I don't buy a game for singeplayer and the fact is that they screwed Multiplayer up pretty bad. It seems that they just dont care about pc gamers. Have they I really enjoyed Mw2's singeplayer, although there are not many differences to mw1 and some weird things like no console or no leaning.... . But alot of new weapons and a great story made me forget about that. The thing is I don't buy a game for singeplayer and the fact is that they screwed Multiplayer up pretty bad. It seems that they just dont care about pc gamers. Have they forgot that mainly the Pc versions made this title to what it is today? If they would just make dedicated servers and leaning this game could be a worthy follow up for cod4 but not like this. Expand
  90. EdwardA
    Nov 29, 2009
    Although the SP version on single player is fun and entertaining, it is NOT worth the price increase. The MP side on this series has always had great online playability because the dedicated servers and admins getting rid of the cheaters, I got this game on the day of release... I`m not all thrilled with its performance. Lag issues and the time it takes to actually play the game is enough Although the SP version on single player is fun and entertaining, it is NOT worth the price increase. The MP side on this series has always had great online playability because the dedicated servers and admins getting rid of the cheaters, I got this game on the day of release... I`m not all thrilled with its performance. Lag issues and the time it takes to actually play the game is enough for me not to ever buy another IWNet operated game again, Lets not go into the hackers that are infesting this PC version either Expand
  91. ChartaxS
    Dec 27, 2009
    Single Player campaign lasts 5 hours. Four of these hours are spent dead, watching some terrible, cliché'd cinematic thing, or prone in a corner hiding while you wait for your blood to get off the screen. Multiplayer is just horrific. Do not buy this game. EVIL SUCCEEDS WHEN GOOD MEN STAND BY AND DO NOTHING.
  92. Jan 3, 2011
    ok, whoever says the multiplayer sucks in this game is wrong. they probably have bad connection or they just suck terribly. the multiplayer is unbelievingly fun, it has good maps and fun weapons. the ownly downside to the multiplayer is the undermounted launchers. the singleplayer is awesome and has an amazing story line to go along with good characters. co-op is fun to, it allowsok, whoever says the multiplayer sucks in this game is wrong. they probably have bad connection or they just suck terribly. the multiplayer is unbelievingly fun, it has good maps and fun weapons. the ownly downside to the multiplayer is the undermounted launchers. the singleplayer is awesome and has an amazing story line to go along with good characters. co-op is fun to, it allows the player to go and do special missions from the campaign and eanr "stars" to unlock the next set of missions. overall it is an amazing game. Expand
  93. Jan 31, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2; the game that made sure CoD will never use any new content and didn't revolutionize anything. Let us begin with the campaign. The characters of the campaign are forgettable and you probably won't remember them for too long because they are uninteresting and boring. The only character anyone ever seems to remember is Ghost, whom in reality is also a boring character butModern Warfare 2; the game that made sure CoD will never use any new content and didn't revolutionize anything. Let us begin with the campaign. The characters of the campaign are forgettable and you probably won't remember them for too long because they are uninteresting and boring. The only character anyone ever seems to remember is Ghost, whom in reality is also a boring character but appeals to younger kids because of his "cool" skull mask. Nothing really interesting, though. The game also has a story to it, but it's so disorganized and poorly written that you probably won't care much for it either. At some parts, it sounds like the developers just asked their 4-year-old children to write a few lines, "Then they go down a big big hill, oh and there's also a bunch of trees that they're going by and then there's a guy in a snowmobile going "pew pew" at you with his guns then he hits a rock and it's like BOOM! then you're going down in the snowmobile too still and you go by a tree then you're on the big slope then you're launched in the air and fly thousands of feet!" ... The campaign is very ugly and mediocre. It has decent to nice graphics, though, but it can't save the game. Moving on to the multiplayer, the multiplayer of MW2 is probably the most unbalanced multiplayer you will ever play. The premise of each round is that you're going to get killstreaks, but the killstreaks are so hideously over-powered that you will literally become an invincible time bomb just ticking away to see how long you get until someone gets lucky and manages to pop one in you if you don't kill the entire team first. You earn one killstreak to kill a few people, which leads to another killstreak that continuously branches off to more and more killstreaks; you pretty much get a bonus to kill more people for already killing people. It's a hideous idea that should never be done in a game and if it does it should at least be done well and balanced, which Infinity Ward failed at doing with the multiplayer. Neither the campaign nor the multiplayer are any good. The single and only redeeming factor about Modern Warfare 2 is the Spec Ops missions, which after a while will become boring, and even then they aren't too great. They are, for the most part, the only little interesting parts from the campaign pasted into one montage that you can play with your friends.
    Don't buy this game, you're only wasting your money.
  94. Mar 20, 2011
    Great game... really great.. its realistic, a lot of action is going on .. graphics are fantastic.. you really feel like ur in the middle of the field.. awesome
  95. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unrealistic and provides a horrendous job at grasping the feel as if the player is really in armed combat. Story line is bland and un-tasteful providing no originality (Russians are being atrocious again and the good guys need to stop them because they have WMDs). The decent graphics and somewhat interesting combat do not come even close to suffice the mediocre game design. Expand
  96. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is ok, but the skill factor is almost 0. The guns are like toys, water guns, there is no recoil even if we are walking and shooting whole magazine out at the same time, maybe it's because it's a console game and it would be hard to play with a pad with recoil. The game isn't also about tactic, you are just sprinting, shooting, sprinting, shooting and it has so few new stuff, thatThis game is ok, but the skill factor is almost 0. The guns are like toys, water guns, there is no recoil even if we are walking and shooting whole magazine out at the same time, maybe it's because it's a console game and it would be hard to play with a pad with recoil. The game isn't also about tactic, you are just sprinting, shooting, sprinting, shooting and it has so few new stuff, that this game could be a DLC for modern warfare 1. Expand
  97. Aug 8, 2011
    Plain and simple, this is not a PC game. There are very few console ports that I absolutely condemn, but this is one of them. I am absolutely confused by the way Infinity Ward and Activision handled this game, especially after the phenomenal success that Call of Duty 4 PC was. There are good points, though.

The Single Player, while short, is one of the best single player experiences of

The Single Player, while short, is one of the best single player experiences of any FPS I have ever played. I played through the campaign shortly after returning from a trip to DC, and I have to say, fighting through the streets of a burning DC was one of the most heartbreaking segments of any video game I've played to date. The story is entertaining, the characters are interesting, and it's just a generally good experience. This is where the good ends.

Multiplayer, the selling point for the CoD games to date is the most horrid experience available. The first, and in my opinion, biggest issue that Modern Warfare suffers from is the lack of dedicated servers. The choice to go with IWNet is something I will absolutely never understand. It destroys the longstanding community that has always existed in CoD games. There is a reason why thousands of people still play CoD4, and it's not because something so idiotic as IWNet was used. The other major issue that is partially a result of the lack of dedicated servers would be the immense amount of hacking that goes on. Using Steam's antivirus software hasn't worked out at all. It's almost impossible to find a game where someone isn't hacking. There really isn't any point in listing the other numerous bugs, exploits, and general issues that exist within Modern Warfare 2, as they have been listed many times over in other reviews, so I won't. This piece of garbage should never have been released, and I really, sincerely hope that Infinity Ward and Activision have learned from their mistakes.
  98. Nov 18, 2011
    Zero support for dedicated servers, no modding tools, no admin tools nothing. They just slapped up some "some dedicated" servers and advertised that as one of the main attributes of MW3. The dedicated servers are not ranked and count pretty much as private matches, no unlocks, nothings. Stupid - stop supporting this franchise, they have continued to disappoint for several games in a rowZero support for dedicated servers, no modding tools, no admin tools nothing. They just slapped up some "some dedicated" servers and advertised that as one of the main attributes of MW3. The dedicated servers are not ranked and count pretty much as private matches, no unlocks, nothings. Stupid - stop supporting this franchise, they have continued to disappoint for several games in a row now and that is enough Expand
  99. Mar 16, 2012
    I want to start this review with a quote from the FMX 2009 speaker from R&D Activision in terms of "Creating Realism in Games": "Today it is impossible to create realism in games as you need 2.000.000 polygons to model a realistic human face. But yes: gameplay is king!"
    +++
    Looking back at MW1, having a well told story with realistic motivations in its characters, MW2 has a quite more fictional story with Russia invading the USA over night with helicopters -- nice defenses there! The game has some cool moments, but in terms of gameplay -- which is king BTW -- the game kills you off. It is quite ridiculous trying the hardest part of a mission dozens of times as you die from enemy gunfire having to restart from a checkpoint 1.000 bullets past and then getting shot by teammates NOT ONLY ONCE!!! The game might use this to tell some motivations but I wonder where is the (sorry) f***ing difference between you dying there or one meter past!?
    +++
    Another ridiculous thing are quicktime events, where you can feel where a Wii player has his moments. Yet again you are unable to open doors while you have to do all the blowing up and pushing forward stuff. Some missions are more or less a shooting gallery: "Go there! Pick up that! Shoot this! Now go over there!" If I want to play something like that, I'd return to Serious Sam....
    +++
    Level design also very "interesting" if take your time and look around: There is not a single ladder or stairs up those roofs or no second door to a room enemies continuous keep coming at you -- no tents either....
    +++
    For the multiplayer most issues have been mentioned (matchmaking, cheaters, no voting, etc.). What CoD multiplayer always was is a team game. Here players are not only scattered on the map and randomly respawned behind some enemy (and vice versa) -- adding random deaths -- plus having no more ingame communication -- voice chat was the first to turn off as any kiddy used it as ingame radio broadcast for bad music.
    Killstreak rewards are flooding the tiny maps making it impossible to play without several perks you need to unlock first. Here it is playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be -- or at least stand a chance.
    After all I had fun with the game with a group of friends playing the game to play as an entire team. Still in case of cheaters all had to leave the server and retry, joining the same guy again!
    +++
    All in all this game is more frustrating than being fun. But always remember: "Gameplay is king!"
  100. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby inI already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby in which to play in, it really annoys me. Expand

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.