4.0

1. Nov 7, 2010
    Call of Duty is a game for pigeon, nag, no gameplay, bowling with a very repetitive very short life! Apart from the graphics is a waste, non-existent community, full of cheater, in short, I do not recommend at all!
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrain so cover doesn't matter either.

I give it a 1 because the single player didn't suck. It was waaaay too short for multiplayer to be as useless as it is though.
  3. Aug 28, 2010
    I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day. It only gets a 1 because the single player is decent. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2011
    I gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a more challenging multiplayer/bigger maps go buy Bad Company 2, its not as popular, but i think its just because Call of Duty is way to heavily advertised, the game developers just want our money, (also the price is rediculous, and they just use the same graphics animations and sounds as the other call of duty games just a little improved, and if you watch gameplay of the original call of duty when you shoot someone they do the exact same thing in this game) Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2011
    I have this game for XBOX 360, and it sucks.I would rather play Superman 64 or ET over this game. The reason I'm writing a review here on the PC section is because writing only one bad review does not accurately portray my hatred of this game. The multiplayer's perks are extremely unbalanced and basically have a ninja mode, there are no dedicated servers, cheaters are everywhere, lag abounds, and glitches are the main way I died. The single player's plot has more holes than the Columbine victims, but the set pieces look cool. I would reccomend this game to you if you were dumb enough to like Transformers 2. Expand
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    Coming off a successful MW1, Infinity Ward brings a lot that is familiar back with some new twists. Unfortunately, what could have been a good sequel is plagued by hackers that have free reign on the system making it completely unplayable on the PC. I would have rated this game much higher, if I would have been able to actually play it. And no dedicated servers??? Really. Do any of these people even play games on a PC?? Expand
  7. Nov 18, 2011
    Essentially a map pack for MW2. It is fun, and a run-n-gun at it's core elements. I hope that they will support the PC version and the Call of Duty franchise will respect their roots. MW2 I think got only 1 or 2 patches before they abandoned it (on PC), leaving the community with imbalanced weapons and unstable online support & match making. So far im seeing a handful of issues with online play and connectivity. Survival is glitchy, often kicking your partner out of the game all together. Skyrim had a patch on Day 1, just saying. With the millions and millions of money that they made I hope they put some of it back into the community with patches and support. I would be willing to bump up my review if PC gets some patches from IW & Activision/Blizzard Expand
  8. Jul 26, 2011
    Short, lackluster campaign and broken multiplayer. The game just doesn't live up to modern day PC FPS standards, all while being overpriced. Don't give in to the hype, MW2 is a disappointment.
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  10. Nov 14, 2011
    If you like to watch jean claude van damme films and steven seagal films this game is right up your street, its basically shoot shoot shoot, reload shoot shoot shoot, it gets boring quick, the odd time u throw a grenade spices it up but yeah pretty boring no where near as good as cod 4
  11. Nov 18, 2011
    So its better than COD MW3 on PC IMO, as far as multiplayer goes. MP gameplay is fun, and challenging. That said, the cheating and hacking online are a complete joke, and have totally ruined the game for those who don't cheat. I have not seen any updates addressing the multiplayer cheating, and reporting offending players seems to do nothing at all.

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload
    of frustration. And FYI, ditto for MW3...hackers laughing out loud in MP on the very first day of release. Last purchase of the franchise for me, hopefully Respawn Entertainment releases something excellent soon. /end rant Expand
  12. Sep 4, 2012
    Single player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun here and there, but my overall recommendation is: don't even consider buying this game! I was a great fan of the previous CoD titles but with MW2 and MW3 Activision managed to ruin this once great franchise. Expand
  13. Sep 5, 2013
    The single-player matters!
    You cannot release a game with a full single-player mode and then say: "It's all about the multi-player". Some people actually don't care about MP so you cannot be a unbiased reviewer and only talk about one part of the game.
    So let's begin with the single-player. It is a complete mess. The AI is beyond stupid, they will just run at you until gunned down. They
    won't use strategy, they won't use cover, they won't flank or even do much to kill you at all. The sound design makes the guns un-satisfying to use as they lack any real impact.
    The story is your usual "America good. Middle-East terrorist.". It's getting tiresome running around desert-filled streets shooting anything that isn't white. The story is presented in such a bad way that you have to piece together the whole thing by yourself. It took me more than one playthrough to even understand what was going on. Characters don't act realistically so you will never understand their motivations. It seems they came up with a half a dozen set-pieces and just built the story around them.
    In the first Modern Warfare it was shocking when your character died in a nuclear explosion so naturally, they thought that they would try to recreate that in this game. You are killed (as part of the story) about 4 times. I really hope that I misunderstood this because it's not surprising when you do it every 10 minutes.
    And speaking of minutes, there aren't that many in the story. The main campaign might take you 4 or 5 hours. This is unacceptable and absolutely pathetic.
    Alright, multi-player. It's broken. The weapons are so imbalanced that less than a dozen guns are actually used by players and if you try to use anything else you will be mauled to the ground like a baby by a dozen rabid pit-bulls. Rewarding kills with even more ridiculous ways to kill people is just plain stupid. If you are not extremely skilled at this game you will be killed repeatedly by the same guy and when you think you can kill him, he comes back in a chopper. And then he drops a nuke on you. The maps are awfully designed and don't encourage anything other than the run and gun technique. They are way too small and cramped and the amount of players on each server is laughable.
    You also don't have any dedicated servers, you can't kick/ban, you cannot choose maps and so on. The FOV is freaking ridiculous as well and it gives me eye-strain just looking at it for half an hour.
    This game is a mess and Activision must have been sucking off a lot of critics out there to recieve an 86 on Metacritic.
  14. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means that every other map im kicked out of the server due to a map i haven't bought being up next.....if only there were dedicated servers so i could stick to a server that didn't use the DLC maps.

If i could rate the single player and co-op alone it would receive a 8/10 its a little short but the spec ops makes up for that and some of the challenges and timed events are good fun.
    However the shocking multiplayer which would get a 0/10 drags the whole experience down, if the call of duty games didnt rely so shamelessly on multiplayer to be worth the money they cost maybe i could justify buying them.
  15. Aug 24, 2010
    The multiplayer for this game is terrible. Graphics can be good but it is very toned down. It's fine if you want to join a game about to end repeatedly and try to leave a match only to be put right back in it. Also if you don't mind the constant stream of grenade launchers and very annoying things. I and many others have had random annoying deaths that weren't in the past CoDs. Also perks are annoying. Especially commando, being knifed from across the room is not fun. The singleplayer was good for but nothing special and nothing that will stick to you memory. All in all I give this a 0. The gameplay is plain terrible the the horrible anti-cheat, hackers, and down right annoying things. This game could have been good but its idea of making it "noob" friendly was its downfall. Expand
  16. Sep 1, 2010
    Whinny children, OP weaponry and loads more **** MW2 has it all. The story line was great but I hardley at all got enough single player experience out of it. It felt like running through a multiplayer game with bots and the online enemies. Now the multiplayer, here is what ruined this game. Every time you buy a cod you think of multiplayer. You know what? Forget it. It has instant killing weapons to those who have played more then others, which is unfair to the new players. Say you have a weak weapon that takes 5 seconds of shots to kill, try attacking some one with dual abikos. To bad, he already killed you in one shot. All the disadvantages are are so easily countered by a perk or another weapon, did they even think? Things such as nukes just attact all the kids into this game. If you want a good, fun balanced multiplayer experience, then go for a game such as Team Fortress 2. Dont waste your money on such rushed crap like MW2. Ignore the damn critics, they dont know what a good game is. They think "Hey, its a gun. 10/10!" Dont buy this game unless you are a 13 year old looking for a game we have seen for years Expand
  17. Sep 2, 2010
    Call of duty MW 2 was the game that made me never to install an infinity ward game on my computer ever again. Now the single player story in MW 2 is okej but I like Modern warfare for its multiplayer. Which they manage to ruin in MW 2 here are some of the greatest points which made it rubbish 1.No dedicated servers, no need to say why this was a bad move.

2.To many automatic shooting
    weapons, the only thing I was annoyed with in MW 1 was the chopper but it was manageable but its to much in MW 2 with 2 choppers one harrier and one automatic sentery can't ppl get frags on there own anymore?

3.The chopper gunner and the AC-130 they were pretty cool when you first get to see them in the game but then you realize it was super easy with them I mean huge squeres where ppl are so you dont have to look around for your self where ppl are.

4.there is no anti cheat, if you get a cheater on the server ther is no way to get rid of him unless you leave the server and join another, but here comes the funny part everytime i left a server becuse of a cheater and then join another server i always get send back to the same server becuse no dedicated server system so I hade to choose another game mode.

5.We have to pay new maps, xbox players can buy with game points and we pc gamers have to pay 14 bucks?!

6.Its a real noob game, I mean there is no challange the weapons are so easy to use.

7.Prestige mode, it was okej 2-3 times but 10 times now that is just a desperate atempt to keep the game alive in the baddest boring. But most of the times you dont have to play so much becuse most of the times you end up on a hacked server which gives you an XP boost which makes level 70 right away.

These are just the ones I can think of right now there are probobly more but they are enough for me to never play another Infinity ward or trayarch game ever becuse they have totaly backstabed us PC gamers with there no dedicated servers. So now I have started play Bad Company 2 and its great. 0.0
  18. Sep 7, 2010
    I though This Game was going to Be Great, But When i got it, I just saw something, The Story was BOORING,So i though the Mulitplayer was gonna be good, But All those Noobtubers and Those **** Crying and Whining, And WHAT?"! no Dedicated Servers no Custom Mods or Custom Maps?, WHAT THE F*CK!, people Playing this game Says it's the best Game ever, Trust me, GO and Play Some Team Fortress 2 or Call of duty 4 Expand
  19. Sep 11, 2010
    Take 59.99$ to buy a game ? Are you kidding me ? This game is so f******* on PC, want to play this game? Use 5ï¿¥ to buy a pirated optical disc ...........
  20. Sep 13, 2010
    This is horrible,bad fail project from IW. Getting rid for Dedicated servers and punkbuster Too much hackers in mw2 and too many crybaby about hackers and maps or anything
  21. Sep 17, 2010
    Worst game multiplayer game ever made for the PC. First and loyal PC gamer knew that VAC was a joke from back in the Counter-Strike days and Infinity Ward chose not to listen to there PC community. Now all you ever see in a match is some fool walling and aimboting and no way to kick the fools. Second IW took ideas from the PC moders and called it there own and didn't recognize these people for there work. Third the capped the Frames Per Second(FPS) at like 87 FPS which in turns makes the game laggy. Most PC gamers build there rigs to have the best performance and it gets shot down by this game. Take it from me or any other REAL PC gamer stick with Cod 4 or WaW as there are real ways to deal with hackers. All MW2 is, is a console port and IW laughed at there PC community. As long as the xbox360 and its old technology (which happens to be 7 years old) is around PC gamers are going to get the shaft...... Expand
  22. Sep 26, 2010
    I must say MW2 was absolutely horrible. Let us first sum up the campaign. It was full of hollywood Cliche's, it was abysmally short, it was full of respawning baddies, the plot made about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine...it has to be the worst story I've seen since high school. MP was functional, but still. IWNet? really? VAC as the sole anticheat? Spending more time in lobby than in game? Toobers? Honestly I feel sorry for anyone who has this tied to their Steam account. Including my friend, who bought it on launch and let me play it on his machine. Poor guy.

In closing it was the worst game I've ever played in 20 years of gaming.
  23. Jun 4, 2011
    I played through the single players and those weren't too bad. Thought the COD4 storyline was better. For multiplayer, it sucks! Boring, run and gun gameplay! Also, there is no server browser! This means I have to wait minutes sitting my ass in a lobby for players to join.
  24. Oct 8, 2010
    The single player was great, almost flawless. The multiplayer is the rip-off, aside from having no dedicated servers, a terrible lobby. This game is FULL of hackers, and IW will do nothing about it. Valve just says there are not hackers and your overreacting but google hackers in MW2 and you will find enough footage of hackers to make a movie. The sad reality is that IW gave up on this game awhile ago and this has made it a terrible game Expand
  25. Oct 10, 2010
    Single player ok. Online play really has no variety at all. same stuff over and over. too fast paced. playing online for someone that just got the game is nearly impossible.
  26. Oct 11, 2010
    Did not want to give zero, because the single player was good, except graphics which is polished for slow computers, to sell more and more copies with unrealistic warfare, and closing dedicated servers to save more money. Now they are selling maps for some dollars, when there are lots of companies which just updates their game for free. Absolutely rubbish.
  27. Oct 11, 2010
    IWNET is a joke - it should be renamed LAGNET. Other than that, the game is awesome. But I can't forgive the lack of dedicated servers; that's why I rate it 0.
  28. Oct 12, 2010
    The single-player was boring and felt like a Time Crisis arcade game. There was no freedom at all, just stand here, shoot those guys, move up 4 steps, shoot these guys, move up 4 steps, shoot these guys, do a scinematic jump to the helicopter...great...took about 2 hours to complete (could have watched a bad action film in the same time for the same effect).

The multiplayer is
    horrendous. with no dedicated servers, there are no administrators to kick hackers, and VAC is a joke because every single match there are hackers. With hundreds of thousands of people playing at all times, you'd think you could find the occasional match without hackers in it, but you can't. Beyond the hackers, the kill-streaks completely interfere with the gameplay to the point where you can't play the game...how is it "gameplay" if you can't play the game lol. The engine is liek 6 years old and it shows. yes, they have beautiful textures, but they're pasted onto big, flat objects...i love looking at a picture of a door on a flat wall hahaha. The dual-weilding of shotguns is hilarious, as nobody would EVER do that. knife lunging 20 feet in front of you while a guy shoots you in the face and you survive with the kill?-also terrible. The maps are pretty terribly designed, I think there's only one that I mildly like, and you can't chose which map you play because there's no server browser or uhh...SERVERS lol. this game is the biggest waste of time and money in the gaming industry i've ever seen. I wish they put the money for this into the black hole that was Duke Nukem Forever so that it never saw the light of day. Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ta gra jest tragiczny MP przypomina CSa ta wyszukiwarka Iwnet tragedia nie polecam gry seria Battlefield jak zwykle rzÄ Expand
  30. Oct 23, 2010
    Single Player - This game would have been better if the story line was able to be followed. The voices come at you so fast you cant understand what is being said. I had to replay missions in a few cases so that I could get an idea of what the objective was. If you like to shoot and throw grenades without much point, this game might be for you. If this game had a better story line and some sensible dialog, it might not have been so bad. In one scene I was wounded and then an officer soaks you with gasoline and burns you by dropping his cigar on you.... I thought it was kind of retarded to have to fight your way through much of the game to die in such a sick manner. Blame the writers I guess. Expand
  31. Jan 3, 2011
    ok, whoever says the multiplayer sucks in this game is wrong. they probably have bad connection or they just suck terribly. the multiplayer is unbelievingly fun, it has good maps and fun weapons. the ownly downside to the multiplayer is the undermounted launchers. the singleplayer is awesome and has an amazing story line to go along with good characters. co-op is fun to, it allows the player to go and do special missions from the campaign and eanr "stars" to unlock the next set of missions. overall it is an amazing game. Expand
  32. Dec 9, 2010
    Dont get convinced by the advertising, this new call of duty franchise is worse than an irradiated pile of **** and Black ops is an irradiated pile of **** with cat barf on it. It is absolutley nothing new, bad gameplay, its RUN N GUN, "OH I JUST GOT SHOT, LETS HIDE BEHIND THIS BARREL TO MAGICALLY HEAL MY WOUNDS" That is just a minor complaint. This game does not deserve 1/9 of the praise it gets. It is an average shooter released on a ****ty yet popular platform at the same time. Dont fall for this new franchise that rips you off blind. USE YOUR LOGICAL THINKING, its $60 For nothing new, just a new campaign and a few other nice features. Even after black ops has been released, this is STILL $60, can you believe that? What about somthing better? like? Battlefield Bad Company 2? That is a brilliant game, dont spend 3* more money on a pile of **** like this. You will regret it. I used to be a fan of the COD series until they started to rob my generation blind.... It is truly sad to see this happen... Expand
  33. Dec 4, 2010
    MW2's hay day is gone. Hackers have killed the game. Don't bother buying it unless you are buying the aimbot and wall hacks to go with it. The only thing worth playing on this game is the single player missions. Besides that I wish I could get my money back. To future studio's remember to protect you game from hackers or you may lose players.
  34. Dec 7, 2010
    bad game, a lot of cheaters and not update to remain this problem , single player is nice but multiplayer is bad because infinity ward think only dollars !
  35. Dec 18, 2010
    There's a decent singleplayer mode under all of the IWNet rubbish, and the 'Spec Ops' cooperative mode isn't half bad either. It's also far more optimised than Black Ops, and it's most definitely worth a play, albeit not at the price that Activision are asking for it, a whole year after release
  36. Feb 9, 2013
    As the first CoD I played I can't say MW2 looks like MW, however I didn't find impressive anyway. The campaign was the most boring I've ever played a 2 line story with no character development and boring missions and environment. Multiplayer was a pain in the ass, getting sniped by campers, being spawnkilled in the back and pawning noobs is not my idea of fun, not to mention the lag The only enjoyable part was Spec Ops with my friends and Zimmer's music. Expand
  37. Dec 24, 2010
    As has been said before, one of the key problems for this game was that it was little more than a console port. The single player was enjoyable, if a little short. The multiplayer however was terrible, no dedicated servers was a huge mistake from Activision/Infinity Ward, from a European point of view I always seemed to get sent to servers where my ping was huge and then get buggered by all the low ping players. the lack of leaning round corners was also a bit annoying - that's a feature I've always enjoyed in previous Call of Duty games over competitors - I expect it's due to it's console roots. As a long time Call of Duty fan (Call of Duty 1 is still one of my favourites) this was a massive disappointment - the jury is still out on whether I can bring myself to buy Black Ops after this, maybe Treyarch can get it right? After all, I enjoyed World at War, but Modern Warfare 2 had made me lose faith in the brand. Expand
  38. Dec 26, 2010
    When it reaches bargain basement prices it might be worth it for the singleplayer campaign. No dedicated multiplayer servers makes this part of the game an unpleasant experience. The whole tone of the multiplayer experience is cartoony and dumbed down. If you like how consoles handle multiplayer you might enjoy it. But in that case you buy the console version instead of the badly ported PC version...... All the other CODs were all entertaining so I purchased this one without any research or reading any reviews. I feel like I got ripped off. Expand
  39. Jan 1, 2011
    This review is of the SP only.

I played the SP campaign expecting a good long game. This is what I got: in 5hrs you're done. What a joke. The special ops extra míssion is just something that belongs in an expansion, not in the actual game. The voice acting is really good though and the graphics and overall gameplay is also very good. The way you move and shoot and the
    shouting of orders is well made, but better performed in CoD4. The story however is a joke, something a 12 yo could have come up with and the maps are very linear and repetitive. We've seen it all before and as a standard schwarzenegger shooter it's good, but waay yoo short. Don't waste your cash. Expand
  40. Jan 3, 2011
    i have a great connection and i am playing bad company 2 that is supposed to be "Heavier" than Cod...Bad company 2 is realistic you can blow up walls and demolish whole buildings so you cant hide like in cod!! omg a wooden house is stronger than an Bazooka? if you'll play Bad Company 2 you will throw away this garbage called Call of duty!!the single player is playable but the multi is even worse than the first counter strike!! Expand
  41. Jan 8, 2011
    Since this was my first Call of Duty game, il give it a break.
    The campaign is great,theres awesome moments,sad ones,epic ones and bit of everything.
    But your allies never do anything but shout "Ramirez,shoot while we scream!!" or "Roach,rush trough a favela full of 2000 angry miltia guys with rpgs,ak47s and mini uzis!"
    The multiplayer is average,with the typical elite noobs
    quickscoping and spraying bullets with akimbo pistols then comes the hearbeat noobs,OMA noobtube;g18 akimbo noobs;commando noobs;ump45 noobs;claymore spam,wallhackers;aimboters and killstreak whores;noob host with instead hitmarkers while the rest of us are lagging like hell and missing every shot
    .You can´t play a single game without these things happening to you
    My advice is to either burn the CD,or go to nearest gun shop purchase lots of ammo and use the CD as a target while pissing on Kotick.
  42. Jan 31, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2; the game that made sure CoD will never use any new content and didn't revolutionize anything. Let us begin with the campaign. The characters of the campaign are forgettable and you probably won't remember them for too long because they are uninteresting and boring. The only character anyone ever seems to remember is Ghost, whom in reality is also a boring character but appeals to younger kids because of his "cool" skull mask. Nothing really interesting, though. The game also has a story to it, but it's so disorganized and poorly written that you probably won't care much for it either. At some parts, it sounds like the developers just asked their 4-year-old children to write a few lines, "Then they go down a big big hill, oh and there's also a bunch of trees that they're going by and then there's a guy in a snowmobile going "pew pew" at you with his guns then he hits a rock and it's like BOOM! then you're going down in the snowmobile too still and you go by a tree then you're on the big slope then you're launched in the air and fly thousands of feet!" ... The campaign is very ugly and mediocre. It has decent to nice graphics, though, but it can't save the game. Moving on to the multiplayer, the multiplayer of MW2 is probably the most unbalanced multiplayer you will ever play. The premise of each round is that you're going to get killstreaks, but the killstreaks are so hideously over-powered that you will literally become an invincible time bomb just ticking away to see how long you get until someone gets lucky and manages to pop one in you if you don't kill the entire team first. You earn one killstreak to kill a few people, which leads to another killstreak that continuously branches off to more and more killstreaks; you pretty much get a bonus to kill more people for already killing people. It's a hideous idea that should never be done in a game and if it does it should at least be done well and balanced, which Infinity Ward failed at doing with the multiplayer. Neither the campaign nor the multiplayer are any good. The single and only redeeming factor about Modern Warfare 2 is the Spec Ops missions, which after a while will become boring, and even then they aren't too great. They are, for the most part, the only little interesting parts from the campaign pasted into one montage that you can play with your friends.
    Don't buy this game, you're only wasting your money.
  43. Feb 5, 2011
    Both this game and Black Ops are probably the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played. What kind of game has guns with amazing rates of fire and insanely great accuracy, or super powerful shots and super reload speeds... It's not how you make a game! The guns should be balanced - if you start this game later than majority of people, you're pretty much in for a **** time, because you can't compete without spending hours upon hours to reach the next stage of multiplayer gameplay. And how do most do this? Camping. It's pathetic - it's like the MAPS WERE DESIGNED FOR CAMPING?!

Same goes for Black Ops... And my God the community, all these nooby gamers who think they're the **** because they get 10th prestige, yet they don't have the slightest clue about REAL GAMES.

I did however give this such a generous score because of the fairly O.K graphics. Really though, this is just another mainstream pump-out putting shame to the original C.O.D games. I feel sick just thinking about these games whilst games like Half-Life aren't even heard of by half the idiots who play CoD 6 and Black Ops.
  44. Jun 18, 2011
    I always used to love Call of Duty when it had a nice essence of map size and balance put into it. And when CoD4 came out I wasn't so sure if the killstreaks and attachments would diminish the balance but IW held true. Now, on to the sequel. Sure maybe all your friends are raving about it, on console, but on PC you will not find a happy community. IW and Activision screwed the PC community over and just full out ignored us and listened to the console kiddies only. For $60 this game boasts no dedicated servers, horrible match making(TONS of host migrations in game due to poor connection or some bloke rage quitting), horribly imbalanced weapons(SCAR, UMP .45.), Ridiculous quick scoping(Complete rubbish since SOHP allows you to basically hit your ADS button and your vross hairs are immediately in your face), bull crap perks, kill streak rape(All kill streaks are basically over powered aviator vehicles: AC-130, APACHE, Harriers, Attack helicopter), horrible anti-cheat system/not punkbuster(MW2 uses VAC which is complete crap), and a horrible story mode and a crappy co-op mode. So, in a nutshell, you get a console port with a **** singleplayer, noob tube/hacker/kill streak filled none dedicated server multiplayer, and a boring co-op mode. All for $10 more than the average PC game. Oh, not to mention, you have to pay for the DLC which is $15 a pop. This game does NOT live up to the Call of Duty PC name. Expand
  45. Mar 3, 2011
    OMG Why destroy another decent brand name. No dedicated servers, a hell of alot of cheaters and lack of support from IW. The world is going to hell with all this no frills crap. Why because of money that the banks betted away and now everyone but the bankers are paying the price. I can't wait until the world ends.
  46. Mar 16, 2011
    I like the CoD4 more than this crap....
  47. Mar 20, 2011
    Great game... really great.. its realistic, a lot of action is going on .. graphics are fantastic.. you really feel like ur in the middle of the field.. awesome
  48. Apr 7, 2012
    I will do this review based mostly on my playtime on the multiplayer feature, since I think most of other reviewers said more than enough about the main campaign: boring, short, could have done better, really can't add that much. Besides, this is a multiplayer game basically, so unfortunely I'm forced to review the feature that I basically ignore. And besides, I was curious about the rumors of this game being "the greatest online shooter ever", and when I finally tried out the multiplayer one simple question bothered me: "How?!". I seriously never ever seen a game this badly thought and programmed: the maps are horrible (except for very few), filled with blind corners that actually can ruin easily the game; now, many maps have these blind corners, so I might think this was intentional, but when someone starts to win by just CAMPING, that is totally unacceptable, and even if i have to not count the blind corners the maps are still horrible, since they are basically thought for Free-for-All (and still, you can see campers killing you as soon as you spawn, not even giving you a proper spawn protection like in some games). Well, maps aren't the only bad thing, since also the "class" customization isn't very great either. The idea is actually good, of making your own class with perks and etc, not doubt on that, but unfortunely lots of these perks are totally downgrades instead of upgrades, so you'll just get the most convenient ones (Sleight of hand+Stopping power+Commando= you were good most of the times). And the Pro versions aren't a big deal either. The weapons are so-so: few are pretty good, some are mediocre, many are very weak; unfortunely I can't mention pros and cons of every weapon, but in general I never tried more than, maybe, 10 weapons in total and those few looked very similar too (the raffica pistol looked a lot like the FAMAS...only you can move faster while aiming instead), so I could be wrong too on this regard. And also, the killstreaks: the idea is actually great, but some can be highly annoying, but still I personally liked most of them. The deathstreaks are ok, but none is remarkable. Still, I'm sorry to say, this is and was one of the most boring online shooter I've ever played, with tons of bad concepts that turns the game into a camping race, weapons that are hardly worth your time (I even forgot the challenges...maybe a good thing?), and "technically" one mode, since most of the maps aren't well though for being anything else except Free-for-All. It's sad that I had to give this low score: When I heard of this game, I started to be curious and eventually I played, but to this day my question remains, and I doubt it will ever get answered, and now that there's Mw3 in the corner, and the bad scores it received, I guess my question might turn into this: "Why?". Expand
  49. Sep 5, 2011
    I really tried to like this, really I did! but once again turned out to be another tiny level console shooter with all it's focus on pushing teenagers egos up with dumb achievements and auto-aim gameplay... Like gingers...this has no soul.
  50. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unrealistic and provides a horrendous job at grasping the feel as if the player is really in armed combat. Story line is bland and un-tasteful providing no originality (Russians are being atrocious again and the good guys need to stop them because they have WMDs). The decent graphics and somewhat interesting combat do not come even close to suffice the mediocre game design. Expand
  51. Jun 3, 2011
    Bobby Kotick is a fool! a businessman.He don't like game!He makes COD to be a fast-food!

SP is holy crap,what the fx-ck is it?A vuglar hollywood action film?

MW2's MP is like a COD4 's DLCï¼
  52. Jun 27, 2011
    This game is terrible. Story is ripped and boring, multiplayer without dedicated servers and promod is a complete joke. Don't buy this game and new CoDs too. Get CoD4 with promod - thats the real game.
  53. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is ok, but the skill factor is almost 0. The guns are like toys, water guns, there is no recoil even if we are walking and shooting whole magazine out at the same time, maybe it's because it's a console game and it would be hard to play with a pad with recoil. The game isn't also about tactic, you are just sprinting, shooting, sprinting, shooting and it has so few new stuff, that this game could be a DLC for modern warfare 1. Expand
  54. Jul 14, 2011
    I bought this game on the strength of CoD4, a very strong very gripping well made story with good gameplay mechanics and multiplayer that was balanced with the added bonus of having few people running under maps or hacking my credit card details.

Long story short, THAT was a very good game!

Now I do have some good memories of the campaign.....but there are only a few missions I fully
    liked, all of which were the American Invasion ones - they were cool, the rest were crap. The whole story idea didn't make much sense although it did look pretty whilst it played out it's retarded story fantasy. Controversy was very weak sauce, they could've done a helluva lot worse with it, I'll be honest, and I completed the game in the space of time it took for the night-vision goggles which came with the expensive version to break (and they broke FAST!)

I tried to play spec ops but having all my friends decide to live on the multiplayer i didn't get much fun from it till I played with one of my thin friends, which was kinda fun.

The multiplayer was absolutely terrible, and it's not just because I'm sh*t at multiplayer pitched against my fellow man as oppose to the pants-on-head retarded AI the game houses, no from a very early stage I realised that I was probably the oldest person on that server and spent most of my time annoying 8-year olds, which to anyone who's done it is fun, but you can't help but feel bad about it. Kinda like when a Frisbee hits an old lady in the face.

Where was I? Oh yeah. The guns are grossly out-balanced, the perks are stupid and I think I offended my friend who I will not name to protect his identity.

So anyway my friend Padda was boasting to me about his endless stream of nukes which seem to only turn people into funny ragdolls and not level a map like they'd do in Bad Company 2, and the only people who cared were all the other CoD fanboys players sounded like they were being turned on by the thought of a throbbing nuke pounding them and I'm digressing here.

Anyway, MW2 wasn't a great game but it's very very good when used as a door stopper...or a cup coaster.
  55. Jul 20, 2011
    An absolutely ridiculous storyline combined with laggy multiplayer choc-full of hackers. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first Modern Warfare, but this game had a more repetetive storyline that isn't nearly as emotional as the first, and basically had the same multiplayer but with crazier killstreaks, more exotic weapons and attachements, and no dedicated servers. Which basically means that the only mod is when the matchmaker puts you in a black and white 'this class only' server that you can't get out of without a window popping up saying 'are you sure?'. Also, a question to Infinity Ward - How did Brazilian mlitia who wear cheap jackets get a tactical nuke? And how is a nuke tactical?' Expand
  56. Aug 8, 2011
    Plain and simple, this is not a PC game. There are very few console ports that I absolutely condemn, but this is one of them. I am absolutely confused by the way Infinity Ward and Activision handled this game, especially after the phenomenal success that Call of Duty 4 PC was. There are good points, though.

The Single Player, while short, is one of the best single player experiences of
    any FPS I have ever played. I played through the campaign shortly after returning from a trip to DC, and I have to say, fighting through the streets of a burning DC was one of the most heartbreaking segments of any video game I've played to date. The story is entertaining, the characters are interesting, and it's just a generally good experience. This is where the good ends.

Multiplayer, the selling point for the CoD games to date is the most horrid experience available. The first, and in my opinion, biggest issue that Modern Warfare suffers from is the lack of dedicated servers. The choice to go with IWNet is something I will absolutely never understand. It destroys the longstanding community that has always existed in CoD games. There is a reason why thousands of people still play CoD4, and it's not because something so idiotic as IWNet was used. The other major issue that is partially a result of the lack of dedicated servers would be the immense amount of hacking that goes on. Using Steam's antivirus software hasn't worked out at all. It's almost impossible to find a game where someone isn't hacking. There really isn't any point in listing the other numerous bugs, exploits, and general issues that exist within Modern Warfare 2, as they have been listed many times over in other reviews, so I won't. This piece of garbage should never have been released, and I really, sincerely hope that Infinity Ward and Activision have learned from their mistakes.
  57. Jul 30, 2011
    The single player is ok, it took me around 7 hours to complete although that was largely due to me messing around a lot. The multiplayer.... well, I did have a massive long rant written out, but instead I'm just going to summarise the good points and the bad points, and maybe have a little rant (but it still won't do justice to how bad this game is). Pros: some of the new weapons, perks and killstreaks are fun; The game is actually really great if you find a game with team players, no noobs, no lag, and no hackers. Cons: Some of the weapons are really, REALLY overpowered (Akimbo G18s, Noobtubes with Danger Close and One Man Army); Maximum of 18 players, and that's only in a game mode where you randomly play TDM and Domination games(and you will see someone using a hack at least once per day in this game mode); No dedicated servers (peer hosted games with matchmaking by IWNet instead); If you're in a party with a friend, don't be surprised if one of you is put into a game while the other is not, or that you both end up in different games entirely; The "lean" function is no longer in the game; There is no console, you cannot change the FoV; There is no mod support; No map voting; No kick voting; No spectating to see if someone's using a hack; It looks like a console port (no control over any feature, you can't even view your ping); VAC takes ages to do anything(I mean weeks, not minutes) IF it ever actually does anything at all(I've seen no evidence of anybody I've seen using a hack ever receiving a ban); You'll sometimes find yourself dead because either: your hits did not register; You will have multiple hits register but somehow the person will not die; or You will shoot them and the hits will register, but the killcam will show you not firing at all; All 3 of the above can also occur when using the knife; You will probably never find a game with team players, no noobs, no lag, and no hackers. From my own experience of IWNet I compiled the following statistics over a 7 week period: Attempts to join a game: 1145
    Successful joins: 793 (69.26%)
    Games that are so laggy they are unplayable: 66 (8.32%)
    Games that have been hacked/are bugged so nobody can move: 11 (1.39%)
    Games that end within a few seconds of joining: 28 (3.53%)
    Games with 1 or more definite hackers (wallhacks, aimbots, etc. Only counting games where the killcam proved they were using a hack, so the real figure WILL be more than this): 120 (15.13%)
    Games that appear to be none of the above: 568 (49.61% of attempts to join a game)

IWNet promised to be lag and hacker free gaming, yet only actually seems to provide this at most less than 50% of the time. If you're thinking about a mutiplayer fps, consider CoD4 or World At War, but definitely not MW2.
  58. Jul 30, 2011
    What is this. What the **** is this. WHAT. THE. **** IS. THIS. This is terrible. Activision and infinty ward need to quit making games and stop breathing. Also, I barf'd
  59. Aug 8, 2011
    noob tubes, failed perks, glitchy maps, terrible spawn points. Prone to bugs, hacks and glitches. Next time infinity ward, don't scrap your games together. I'm playing Halo
  60. Dec 11, 2011
    MW2 was OK. But it has it's flaws. still- there are hackers on the Multiplayer servers, making that pointless to play. Second of all, the perks in Multiplayer are pretty rigged, like jump 50 stories without losing any health.. etc. Third of all, the campaign was shorter than Call of Duty 4's, which was pretty sad. The only sort-of good part was Spec Ops, but other than that, it really wasn't that good. Expand
  61. Sep 24, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was as I might say it, "fun while it lasted". I personally found it to be too similar to some of the other Call of Duty games with next to no new content. The single player was reasonable yet exceptionally short, and very linear. The location of the respawn points in multiplayer were hideously placed as people tend to spawn behind and very close to where you spawned. As well as the accurate shooting while moving? It is simply unrealistic! I played through the game once and found it boring forever afterwards. The replay value is a fat zero, and the multiplayer is a waste of time. Hopefully the sequel will be better. If not, I have no intention of spending my hard earned money on it. Expand
  62. Sep 24, 2011
    the game is amazing i just hate the anti gamepad. On MW3 it should be gamepad friendly from what ive heard why not make MW2 gamepad friendly till then i mean its easier to play with and you dont have to contort your hands and fingers to hit certain buttons plus the game pad is healthier on the fingers and hands. Treyarch was smart on black ops for the gamepad availability only if infinity ward could get some tips their games then would be more amazing Expand
  63. Sep 28, 2011
    59 USD for an HD (not-so) polished version of VirtruaCop and Quake 3 TDM bundled together. What's the point? Activision is more and more autocracy these days. If you remember why they've cut Bizarre Creations and Guitar Heroes, the reason is that they cannot print cash like CODMW2. And the PC version is also lame because they think PC suxs. Well, even alternateIWnet is better than official service. To hell with you, Activision: sitting on too much cash and humiliating your consumer, that is why you will die. Expand
  64. Oct 26, 2011
    Firstly I just want to note the P2P was the worst possible direction that could have possibly been taken with the Call of Duty franchise on PC. It is utter crap, as you may have gathered from other comments. The MP is a serious step down in quality from MW1, where infantry rained supreme in the previous installment, killstreak rewards from the new collection rain down OP and turning the game into a giant camp-fest as players try to rack up kills and use those OP rewards to rack up even more. The 25kill-Nuke is a terrible decision that actually encourages camping further. Weapons variety isn't lacking , that's for sure, but there are just too many that haven't been balanced properly and that coupled with the horrible Commando perk-WOW, expect to be frustrated time and time again. The removal of lean hasn't bothered me and the new gadgets are great fun especially on the new maps (on which I feel the lack of 6 players-HINT). The SP is amazingly well executed, sure it has a ridiculous premise and overboard set-pieces, but the level design and atmosphere make up for this, coupled with an amazing audio track and great voice acting, you get an incredibly immersive world with pretty-good graphics with memorable moments and situations. But unfortunately as an MP game fails by CoD standards. It is a serious step down from MW1 in quality and balance. Expand
  65. Nov 6, 2012
    After COD4 this was a great evolution to the series. The game was beautiful and responsive. It was perfect at the time.... that is until the hackers took over which took all of a couple days. After that it was totally unplayable. While I recognize the game and game mechanics were very good, I can not give a high score for a game the publishers didn't even bother to protect against the rampant hacking. It ended up being a waste of money, when it could have been an all time favorite. Expand
  66. Nov 18, 2011
    Zero support for dedicated servers, no modding tools, no admin tools nothing. They just slapped up some "some dedicated" servers and advertised that as one of the main attributes of MW3. The dedicated servers are not ranked and count pretty much as private matches, no unlocks, nothings. Stupid - stop supporting this franchise, they have continued to disappoint for several games in a row now and that is enough Expand
  67. Jan 3, 2012
    As a PC gamer, it is my obligation to give this game a poor rating. Its primary redeeming quality, the non-stop, action-packed, high-octane multiplayer is hampered by the worst thing a dev--nay, a publisher can do to a video game: restrict it. No dedicated servers, no community content, no community content, no balanced games, no instant justice for hackers, no vote mechanic. Multiplayer was fun, but quickly went down the tubes to EA-knows-where and somehow still came off to them as a good idea, probably because of the console ragetard slaves. Oh, and there's no console. Swallow that pill, PC gamer. Single player, though, is fun but yet another shining example of the modern culture we live in where killing is good as long as they're not Americans or children, nobody takes prisoners, and one-to-four men can take out waves of attacking soldiers Hollywood-style. Co-op is very fun if you've got a friend in mind, so if you're planning on torrenting it, just buy it on sale for that part. Expand
  68. Feb 3, 2012
    Single player (too short) is ok, but multi (WTF?!) is terrible. No Dedicated servers, mods, can't change maps, too expensive, casual **** I'm very disappointed on this game. COD4 is better.
  69. Feb 22, 2012
    Single player: 7
    Fun and exciting but too short, ~6 hours Multiplayer: 1
    The servers are filled with noob tubers and people who just run and knife everyone, which I admit is actually pretty fun. Unfortunately, you can't select what map you want to play so you end up playing the same maps all the time. Connecting to a lobby takes quite a while and when you finally find one you are just as
    likely to get disconnected as you are to actually load the map and play. Most of the time you are quite lucky to play three maps in the same lobby before it disconnects you again. And if you like playing with friends one of you will get disconnected 95% of the time. Most of the "servers" have a fair amount of lag and you WILL run across at least one hacker every hour. Also $15 map packs, seriously? Activision and IW are fail and are just milking the COD cow because consumers buy into hype and "pretty" graphics, I know I did. Expand
  70. Mar 16, 2012
    I want to start this review with a quote from the FMX 2009 speaker from R&D Activision in terms of "Creating Realism in Games": "Today it is impossible to create realism in games as you need 2.000.000 polygons to model a realistic human face. But yes: gameplay is king!"
    +++
    Looking back at MW1, having a well told story with realistic motivations in its characters, MW2 has a quite more
    fictional story with Russia invading the USA over night with helicopters -- nice defenses there! The game has some cool moments, but in terms of gameplay -- which is king BTW -- the game kills you off. It is quite ridiculous trying the hardest part of a mission dozens of times as you die from enemy gunfire having to restart from a checkpoint 1.000 bullets past and then getting shot by teammates NOT ONLY ONCE!!! The game might use this to tell some motivations but I wonder where is the (sorry) f***ing difference between you dying there or one meter past!?
    +++
    Another ridiculous thing are quicktime events, where you can feel where a Wii player has his moments. Yet again you are unable to open doors while you have to do all the blowing up and pushing forward stuff. Some missions are more or less a shooting gallery: "Go there! Pick up that! Shoot this! Now go over there!" If I want to play something like that, I'd return to Serious Sam....
    +++
    Level design also very "interesting" if take your time and look around: There is not a single ladder or stairs up those roofs or no second door to a room enemies continuous keep coming at you -- no tents either....
    +++
    For the multiplayer most issues have been mentioned (matchmaking, cheaters, no voting, etc.). What CoD multiplayer always was is a team game. Here players are not only scattered on the map and randomly respawned behind some enemy (and vice versa) -- adding random deaths -- plus having no more ingame communication -- voice chat was the first to turn off as any kiddy used it as ingame radio broadcast for bad music.
    Killstreak rewards are flooding the tiny maps making it impossible to play without several perks you need to unlock first. Here it is playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be -- or at least stand a chance.
    After all I had fun with the game with a group of friends playing the game to play as an entire team. Still in case of cheaters all had to leave the server and retry, joining the same guy again!
    +++
    All in all this game is more frustrating than being fun. But always remember: "Gameplay is king!"
  71. Apr 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Steam shame on YOU ! ! !, this game sucks, just hackers and cheaters!.
    The Steam plays with the users with its anti-cheat system, this game died because he has no dedicated servers, this is why there are many hackers in the game. There is no respect and Steam does nothing! ... My money ever again!...
  72. Apr 22, 2013
    Horrible game. Maybe once good, but has too many issues and most of them were there when it came out.
    First we have the short campaign, where in normal you can take 5 soldiers firing at you with smgs for 45 seconds. Why use cover, you regen before you even get behind it anyway. Dumb AI, just blocks doors and hardly does anything not scripted. (under cover 90% of every fight).

Then we
    have the multiplayer. First day-1 issue, SMALL FRICKEN MAPS. Okay, I get it, its not a battlefield map, who friggen cares. The smallest map is literally 30 feet long, with hardly any cover. The biggest, the size of a baseball field, and a kids smalltown baseball field, 30m down, 30m across. 2nd issue, hackers. I literally played for 7 hours, got past level 20, (i forgot) than killed a hacker, instantly prestiged, lost all my stuff and the thrill of earning items by myself. Stupid game, horrible multiplayer. The game gets patched once every 3-6 months. It takes hackers 2 hours to torrent a new Mw2 game, than there back in action. Expand
  73. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby in which to play in, it really annoys me. Expand
  74. Aug 18, 2012
    Never played the campaign (Not a big fan on killing arabs in the desert), but the multiplayer is alot of fun and addicting. For an FPS, this is a great game. For all of the people hating it, tell me if you know a better multiplayer FPS please.
  75. Oct 9, 2012
    single player: literally no challenge, you can play it (even on veteran) in 2 hours or so
    co-ops: nothing special

multiplayer: this is the most offensive thing about this game, they abandon the servers a long time ago, the dlc maps, the community is awful etc

one just for the time invested playing this game, never again.
  76. Nov 24, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games I ever played: graphics are outdated, gameplay is not innovative and longevity is shameful. This is just like an expansion of a game which was out on November 2007, Call of Duty 4. * GRAPHICS - Bad: graphics are the same as the MW ones. We are talking about a game which was out on November 2009, which means that Crysis was out two years ago, now compare the graphics between these two games. Shameful. * GAMEPLAY - Very bad: almost the same as any other Call of Duty. Nothing new, nothing innovative, nothing good, just a very slow and very boring gameplay. · LONGEVITY - Very, very, very bad: the single player can be completed in four hours. Usually, people complete it in two days on the first two difficulty modes and in max. one week on Veteran difficulty. * SINGLE PLAYER: Mediocre - If we did not care about longevity, the Single player would be pretty good. * MULTIPLAYER: Bad-mediocre - Nothing innovative, it is not as open as Quake's or Warsow's one. Please avoid this game. Expand
  77. Jan 5, 2013
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 delivers a very unique experience for us,if you like getting killed by 2 bullets and your bullets not getting a hitmarker at all even you aim in front of a enemy,if you like getting "tubed" by users every 4 seconds,if you like getting killed behind 4 walls,then buy it,it's the game for you.
  78. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are
    camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  79. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is overstimulating and bland at the same time. The campaign is terrible, though mercifully short. It plays like one of those popup arcade shooters except your camera can move. The multiplayer is not painful to play, but it is full of hackers and not very interesting.
  80. Dec 1, 2013
    No dedicated servers....no leaning....no camping....no strategy....certain guns are just plain unrealistic...heavy machine guns are completely useless in this game....grenade launcher spammage=easy kills. Did I mention no dedicated servers? Meaning there are no mods for this game. There are no online communities. I don't even remember being able to choose the freaking map I wanted to play on. You just enter a session and get randomly paired up with others for the next map in the mode. Bless the hackers....the only times I had fun with this game was when people hacked the servers and changed gravity settings and made everything badass like you could back in cod2. There is no skill required for multiplayer. You can run around like a cheetah and just 1 hit knife people without breaking a sweat....no aim required! What an utter piece of trash. This is unacceptable...multiplayer like this belongs on the consoles and only on the consoles. It's all about running forward and shooting the thing in front of you. The maps are so boring and predictable.....there's no chokepoints or strategy at all here. The only defense in this game is a good offense. The portable turret defenses are a joke and don't kill anything. The actual gun turrets you can man at certain points on the map are self pronounced death traps. You can turn them basically 15 degrees each direction.....making them absolutely useless unless the enemy is standing right infront of you. Plus they do terrible damage and require a warmup and cooldown? The hell?! Total crap. Any heavy machine guns in this game are crap. There's no cap on respawning....you just die respawn....die respawn. The respawn points are always changing...your team will be spawning on one side of the map the first few minutes then you and the enemy will switch spawn points. Spawn Killing has been eliminated completely with this....if you played cod2 NOT mw2 you will recall the brilliant moments where a team that was ruthlessly kicking arse would be rewarded by pinning down the opposition to a specific area and getting tons of kills. This is the worst pc 1st person shooter I have ever played. AVOID THIS AND ANY FUTURE COD TITLES! I went from cod lover to absolute hater. Cod2 I'd give a 9/10 so much fun. codmw2? 2/10 Expand
  81. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  82. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is filled with 4-13 year olds. NINTENDO YOU GOT ME! TAKE THIS BAD GAME AND THROW ALL OF IT IN THE FIRE. Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  83. Oct 25, 2013
    DONT BUY THIS HACKED PIECE OF SH1T. 85% You will end up playing with subhumans. No wonder the sells were good when 1 out of 3 had to buy an new copy to cheat. Buy COD4 or World at War. At least there you wont be put into an position where you bend over and take it like a little b1tch.
  84. Nov 28, 2013
    The game is initially quite entertaining the singleplayer provides a good 3 hours of linear, interactive movie fun, and the multiplayer gives you a good time waster then you realise the game is filled with annoying players and mechanics which render the game unplayable. The PC version is especially disappointing, with the lack of dedicated servers, lack of an FOV slider which makes the game unplayable if you don't want to have a throbbing headache. Just a waste of money, really. Expand
  85. Dec 21, 2013
    Dull very dull. The game play is one of the worse I've ever seen offering at least on single player nothing but its couple hour story. The story is very bad nothing surprises or makes you even the least bit sad. Multipalyer is were all the money goes into but its no different from MW1 or MW3. If you must buy a Call of Duty game buy Black Ops 2.
  86. Mar 4, 2014
    Despite the plot is very good, the game is pathetic. Maps are made in this way, that when I played I felt like in a tube. Feeling of shooting is awful. Graphic is the same like in the prequel. It is worse than free-to-play game's. I think the first CoD's multiplayer was better, because there were vehicles. All in all is extremely horrible. I definitely don't recommend this game.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.