4.1

1. AlfredE.
    Jan 11, 2010
    failed console port. a bad joke for pc vets. dont buy before it gets fixed. ie. dedicated servers, pb etc
  2. NathanM
    Jan 12, 2010
    Absolute crap. Lacks some of the most basic FPS elements that are to be expected in PC gaming. The most notable is obviously, the lack of dedicated servers. Host migration and matchmaking have never worked in the past, and IW didn't make any effort to try to improve upon the software for this. SP campaign is shorter than the average pickup driver's penis. Spec ops was okay at Absolute crap. Lacks some of the most basic FPS elements that are to be expected in PC gaming. The most notable is obviously, the lack of dedicated servers. Host migration and matchmaking have never worked in the past, and IW didn't make any effort to try to improve upon the software for this. SP campaign is shorter than the average pickup driver's penis. Spec ops was okay at best. and when you actually play, it's just a huge noob-toob fest. basically, whoever looks at the other first gets the kill. A teamwork element is basically thrown out the window. Speaking of teams, there is a smaller cap on number of players that can play in a mp game. I'm sure most of you already know that mw2 downgrades CoD4 in almost every way, for a further list see here. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=91331 But really what is the most infuriating aspect of this game? It's how Infinity Ward released it. How dare they release such a piece of crap and call it so good that they can not only make it 10 bucks more expensive than every other PC game, but make it steam powered so you can't sell it back to anyone. It's like IW was trying to see just how much they could get away with Unless you want to waste 60 bucks, don't get this game, save a few dollars and buy CoD4, or wait for Bad Company 2. But then again I bought L4D2 and thought that it shouldn't be DLC or an Expansion Pack, so apparently I'm a retard! Expand
  3. KarlS
    Jan 13, 2010
    i would give it a heartful zero for ruining the most anticipated game i ever wanted with no dedicated servers. then again i bought it, and wish i never had, farewell to lag-free environments.. welcome to money sucking wards
  4. Logan
    Jan 13, 2010
    Many glitches and exploits which make the game unfairly played. Also the choice of host must be done by a person with downs syndrome, I've often playd laggy games for 8 minutes till a new host is chosen.
  5. SomeGuy
    Jan 17, 2010
    IWNET is pure fail, lag everywhere. No dedicated servers, LAN or mods has killed the community and to put it simply IW should burn in hell for this dishonour to a franchise that originated on the PC.
  6. JoeJ
    Jan 21, 2010
    Dont listen to the spammers trying to up the score by posting 10's claiming the best game/graphics ever, they obviously work for Infinity Ward. Play Crysis from 2 YEARS AGO... Better graphics, argument over on that subject. This is down right the most overrated and overexposed game of all time. There is not single player to speak of, its over in 4hrs while it holds your hand the Dont listen to the spammers trying to up the score by posting 10's claiming the best game/graphics ever, they obviously work for Infinity Ward. Play Crysis from 2 YEARS AGO... Better graphics, argument over on that subject. This is down right the most overrated and overexposed game of all time. There is not single player to speak of, its over in 4hrs while it holds your hand the entire time so you dont get lost during your straight lined path from start to finish. I didnt even bother beating it. It was too stupid. Random, nothing makes sense. One minute, your here, next in some snow, 4 seconds later, IN A CASTLE! Spec Ops is boring. Multiplayer is a rehash-copy and paste from cod4... in fact, this entire game is. At least 60% of this game is at least. Reused textures, menus, text, sound, voices, guns, trees, ect... were all spoted by my eye. Thats just lazy. What took 2 years to make when they just copied everything to make an expansion pack? Environments are completely static as I've seen posted before, its true. NOTHING MOVES on screen. No body or limb damange, or dismemberment. Just blood splatters, cause you know, thats realistic. Stupid multiplayer that I spent about 4 hours in. Glitch fest, twitch gameplay at its finest. Takes zero skill to play this game. Just make your fire, grab some smores, and camp... cause thats all this is, a campfest... (actually making a fire would be fun and require thought and design, something Infinity Ward lacks). Maps are poorly designed, game is horribly unbalanced, laughable physics and lag. I've never played a game where I literally hated the menus. Well, this is a first. Advoid this, or if you've been sucked in by corporate greed and propoganda, burn this... I know I am. Support companies pushing the envolope of gaming, who are trying to redefine genres, or are releasing genuine effort sequals (like Bioshock 2 or Assassins Creed 2)... not some bullshit like this - a copy/paste job with nothing new or innovative period, unbalanced, ugly, and stupid. Made for purely profit, and nothing more. They sure had alot of commercials on tv for it tho...Glad I'll never see another. Expand
  7. AlexP
    Jan 24, 2010
    This game was utter crap, avoid it at all costs, shortest singleplayer campaign ever, broken multiplayer, and The knife is an instant kill, You would be better off gettig modern warfare 1
  8. TomW.
    Jan 28, 2010
    What can i say? the graphics are nothing special, the money they had to make this game was insane but what do they do with it... basicly make CoD 4 again with a expansion pack and got rid of the dedicated servers and put IWNET in which is shite and you cant join half the games even with open nat, camp of duty is getting the 0 it deserves. Next CoD is not on my christmas list.
  9. RogerD
    Feb 14, 2010
    This game has some much potential, but with the amount of lag, getting booted while in games and while waiting to get into a game, it really loses it. Plus with all the hacking and nothing being down about it, it makes this the most frustrating game I've ever played. Well done Infinity Ward for losing a large customer base.
  10. BananaMan
    Mar 15, 2010
    If your looking for the single player aspect of the game you will be disappointed. The single player lasts about 3-4 hours, which is very short for a pc game. The game is too point to point and not as open as the first one. It holds your hand though it all. As for multiplayer, it gets stale quickly. Someone with wireless internet or a P4 computer shouldn't host. But due to the If your looking for the single player aspect of the game you will be disappointed. The single player lasts about 3-4 hours, which is very short for a pc game. The game is too point to point and not as open as the first one. It holds your hand though it all. As for multiplayer, it gets stale quickly. Someone with wireless internet or a P4 computer shouldn't host. But due to the game's auto choose program it happens alot, which means laggy gameplay. Also the auto matchup does a poor job of putting you into a game. It will put you at the ending of a match, rather then finding a new one for you. As someone else mentioned there are a lot of hackers in game. IW has yet to do anything about it. All in all the game is not worth the 60$ pricetag due to the huge step back IW took. 30$ yes 60$ no Expand
  11. ChrisK
    Nov 11, 2009
    No dedicated servers. This game is useless to me in multiplayer which the only reason I play games these days. I can't give it a better score if I'm not going to even play. Might as well go play laggy pieces of crap like A.V.A. or Combat Arms and they are free.
  12. BeerCamelB
    Nov 10, 2009
    The biggest problem with this game is the lack of developer support for the fans. When you take a PC game that was as great as Modern Warfare and make a sequel we as fans want something as good if not better. When you take the player limit and reduce it by 3/4 and you do not allow dedicated server support even with the lower player numbers really slaps your dedicated fans in the face. The biggest problem with this game is the lack of developer support for the fans. When you take a PC game that was as great as Modern Warfare and make a sequel we as fans want something as good if not better. When you take the player limit and reduce it by 3/4 and you do not allow dedicated server support even with the lower player numbers really slaps your dedicated fans in the face. There will be those ignorant ones who buy this game, but I will not. Were it given to me for free I would not play it. There is no command console, no mods; two things which are central to PC gaming. When you take those out, you leave nothing special for which a PC gamer should be excited. Also charging another $10 over the normal price of a PC game is rather pompous. We WILL NOT take this insubordination and persecution. Infinity Ward and Activision has done something to the effect of corporate suicide by trying to force us gamers to take this. By changing a venerable series and turning it into a cash cow they have bitch slapped us. The retail release can play today but the steam edition cannot be played for another few days. If that isn't the biggest crock of shit I don't know what is. Fuck you Activision and Fuck you Infinity Ward, rot in hell. Expand
  13. TylerR
    Nov 11, 2009
    Single player is ok but this game is all about the multi once the single player is dead and gone. Sad I can only play with limited people and it feels like I'm on Xbox live...sad it could have been epic.
  14. Colinb
    Nov 11, 2009
    Modern warfare 2 single player campagne is good. Short but very fun. There are somethings I don't like about the game plat. But overall it is good. Now on to the bad. The multiplayer is horrible. The new balanceing stratagies are annoying but I might get used to them however, IWNET is terrible. I am a gaming clan leader and this is totaly bad for us. We have clan members all over the Modern warfare 2 single player campagne is good. Short but very fun. There are somethings I don't like about the game plat. But overall it is good. Now on to the bad. The multiplayer is horrible. The new balanceing stratagies are annoying but I might get used to them however, IWNET is terrible. I am a gaming clan leader and this is totaly bad for us. We have clan members all over the world. The play just fine on our dedicated cod 4 servers. But not iwnet. We can't play anymore at all. This mabey the end to out clan. We are not the crazy compettitive clan. We just play for fun. But not with mw2. Matchmaking is for consoles not PC. Please don't waste your time with this game. Unless you only want the single player. Then it's cool. Expand
  15. ShockLobster
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not even going to be buying this. Boycotting it due to the absurd decision regarding PC community support, and dedicated servers. The $60 MSRP on the PC copy is ridiculous enough on top of this unnecessary breach of customer care. Should IW/concerned parties change their mind about this, I'll change my mind about not buying the game.
  16. KendallL
    Nov 11, 2009
    I absolutely hate the multiplayer portion of this game. I am not able to connect with friends, and the small 9v9 games are horrible. I need to play against more people. Single player is ok, but I beat it in one sitting, and won't play it again. Multiplayer is where it is at for me, but I hate the multiplayer.
  17. JustinA
    Nov 10, 2009
    Awful multiplayer. Tiny boring games, packed full of lag and host swaps, no decent community (anyone that played any FPS ever online will remember having their own community of people on each server, just like a favourite pub / bar / club etc). Probably fine for consoles, but having learned how much FPS games suck on consoles I'll pass thanks. I'd like to add that all of the Awful multiplayer. Tiny boring games, packed full of lag and host swaps, no decent community (anyone that played any FPS ever online will remember having their own community of people on each server, just like a favourite pub / bar / club etc). Probably fine for consoles, but having learned how much FPS games suck on consoles I'll pass thanks. I'd like to add that all of the main reviews are not of the PC version exclusively. Expand
  18. AnthonyS
    Nov 11, 2009
    As we all know, in today's internet-age no game will survive without genuine & solid multiplayer gameplay. Sadly, the only life-force that would have held this game above water has sunk to the depths of the ocean. I hope infinity ward drowns in the misery of their money-centered decision making. The choice to remove dedicated servers from this game is the biggest flop since duke As we all know, in today's internet-age no game will survive without genuine & solid multiplayer gameplay. Sadly, the only life-force that would have held this game above water has sunk to the depths of the ocean. I hope infinity ward drowns in the misery of their money-centered decision making. The choice to remove dedicated servers from this game is the biggest flop since duke nukem forever. 0/10 stars, the game is miserable without the multi. Expand
  19. AndreasE.
    Nov 10, 2009
    Pure shite on PC, 100% port, all multiplayer futures removed(server support). Happy matchmaking, no admins and cheaters whom cant be banned. They have RIPPED OFF MODDERS from COD 4 and then on top of that prevented any modding to MW2. No stay away from this piece of garbage.
  20. DougS
    Nov 11, 2009
    alright, let me put this in terms anyone can understand. Me and my friends like to party. We aren't professional party-goers like Paris Hilton, but we party alot. I mean alot. So we go to this bar nearby and have fun and play our party games and everybody is pretty damn happy with this setup. You always know there would be someone from our group at the bar plus the usual assortment alright, let me put this in terms anyone can understand. Me and my friends like to party. We aren't professional party-goers like Paris Hilton, but we party alot. I mean alot. So we go to this bar nearby and have fun and play our party games and everybody is pretty damn happy with this setup. You always know there would be someone from our group at the bar plus the usual assortment of regulars, many of them are good friends too. In fact, the bar stays open pretty much thanks to my friends and me. Now we hear that this new version of a party game we like to play cannot be played at our bar. Instead we have to go to one of our guy's pads and party there. This is bad because: 1) the places we live at are too small to have a big party. And we like BIG parties, mkay? 2) you need to organize beforehand and all arrive at the same time instead of just showing up whenevr. 3) all kinds of random douchebags crash-in and there's no way to kick them out. 4) If cops show up and shut the party down everyone needs to go to a new place and that takes time and kills good vibes. Need I say more? This new party game is a non-starter for our group. We are gonna skip this BS altogether and stick to other stuff. Expand
  21. AkagiS
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game is a direct console port with nothing added. In fact, everything that made CoD4 so great was deliberately taken from the game. There is no modding, no dedicated servers, no console, no lean, no real LAn play, and on top of that they charge an extra 20% over normal retail price. Completely ridiculous.
  22. JohnN
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game just is not what it was supposed to be, which is a better game than the first one. It's completely ruined by the lack of dedicated servers, the lack of CONSOLE and the lack of modding. The single player is too short and way too hectic and you don't get to enjoy the nice sceneries available because there really is no pause from the gunfights. Add to that the multiplayer This game just is not what it was supposed to be, which is a better game than the first one. It's completely ruined by the lack of dedicated servers, the lack of CONSOLE and the lack of modding. The single player is too short and way too hectic and you don't get to enjoy the nice sceneries available because there really is no pause from the gunfights. Add to that the multiplayer being only 9vs9 and most probably DLC on the PC which will not be free and you get a big failure of a game, which will sadly still sell too many copies for Infinity Ward/Activision to actually realize or learn anything. Expand
  23. TimG
    Nov 10, 2009
    If you want MW2, buy the console version, this is stripped of everything a call of duty game once was for PC. No custom maps, no mods, no 32+ player multiplayer. They want total control over this product, in order to finally charge money on the PC version for DLC. For people coming from console versions this might not seem like anything, but to people true to Call of Duty series from the If you want MW2, buy the console version, this is stripped of everything a call of duty game once was for PC. No custom maps, no mods, no 32+ player multiplayer. They want total control over this product, in order to finally charge money on the PC version for DLC. For people coming from console versions this might not seem like anything, but to people true to Call of Duty series from the first on PC this is a spit in the face to all of their fans. Expand
  24. MichaelN
    Nov 10, 2009
    They've removed just about every staple of PC gaming from this, save for mouse and keyboard control and text chat. Not only that, but they're charging $10 MORE(NONE of which will reach developers, as they were paid during development and when the game went gold) than ANY other PC game.
  25. ArtyA
    Nov 10, 2009
    I'm not sure what IW was thinking when they released this. I understand that quality doesnt always go up but how did they make a sequel thats entirely based on its previous title and manages to be this bad.
  26. BobM
    Nov 11, 2009
    Was heartbroken at the loss of Dedicated Servers, Mod Tools, and ~Console. Forced Steam Usage, IW.net, and the 3hr storyline killed the game for me. Anyone who said that this is the GOTY only played the console version. A great leap backwards for the PC version. After playing it at a friends house, I was throughly convinced not to buy the game. A terrible disappointment if you ask me.
  27. JamesF
    Nov 11, 2009
    The removal of dedicated servers and the console (the user of the ` key) is truly a shame. Custom maps, mods and gaming communities is part of what sets PC gaming apart from the consoles, makes PC games special. All of that is stripped in MW2. I hope the "dumbing down" of PC games stops with this title.
  28. RobertL
    Nov 11, 2009
    The game was absolutely horrible, no dedicated servers whatsoever, just crappy matchmaking like the consoles. The MP is completely unbalanced and plays like TF2, COD5 and COD4 all mashed together in one horribly stitched together nonsense. Already took both my xbox 360 version and PC version back to the store and complained.
  29. RyanC
    Nov 11, 2009
    The single player is incredibly restrictive, linear, and completely rediculous... not to mention is lasts an amazing 4hrs. Email 402, the idiot behind all this mess that has no idea whats going on, to go by a number as a nickname should give you a hint twords his inteligence. - robert.bowling@hotmail.com - multiplayer is as bad as feared, unbalanced, and a complete lag fest. anyone saying The single player is incredibly restrictive, linear, and completely rediculous... not to mention is lasts an amazing 4hrs. Email 402, the idiot behind all this mess that has no idea whats going on, to go by a number as a nickname should give you a hint twords his inteligence. - robert.bowling@hotmail.com - multiplayer is as bad as feared, unbalanced, and a complete lag fest. anyone saying they have no problem with it, is because they are only 10 people playing, and there probably the one hosting the game, so they have the 0 ping advantage. I'll go spend my time else where with Dragon Age, an actual game that is worthy of its price even without multiplayer, and has a lasting, strong single player. Hope IW goes backrupt. Bad Company 2, prepare for some good sales. Expand
  30. NathanP
    Nov 11, 2009
    I concur with all the low user scores on here, and they've put it better than I ever could. The single player's far too short for the money and the multiplayer sends a clear signal, that IW is far too successful to care about the most passionate and loyal group of gamers out there.
  31. worst3W
    Nov 11, 2009
    To increase the price and take out all the best parts and make it a worse then a console game is just an insult and the way IW talked to there customers that felt that way, the game deserves a 0 even of it has a great single player. sad to see such a great game be ruined.
  32. DaveM
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is a horrible game. Not only did it install Steam on my PC, but it failed to activate multiple times. After contacting Steam, I managed to solve that issue. I quickly jumped in and tried the single player game, only to beat it 5 hours later... The story was somewhat good, but it ended in 5 hours? I didn
  33. FraserD
    Nov 11, 2009
    Oh god, what have they done... turned a potentially fantastic PC FPS game into a XBOX360 kiddy console rip-off. Being honest IW couldn't give a damn about your game qualityexperience. All this stuff about IW-net "enchancing" your gameplay is a load of rubbish. The ONLY reasons they have implemented IW-net is to stop piracy (which i agree with) and for the downloadable content. But i Oh god, what have they done... turned a potentially fantastic PC FPS game into a XBOX360 kiddy console rip-off. Being honest IW couldn't give a damn about your game qualityexperience. All this stuff about IW-net "enchancing" your gameplay is a load of rubbish. The ONLY reasons they have implemented IW-net is to stop piracy (which i agree with) and for the downloadable content. But i tell you what, i laughed myself to sleep which i read an announcment by EA regarding their stance on dedicated servers. It pains me to say this but EA have got it right. People using consoles and IW themselves don't honestly realise how much dedicated servers enchance gameplay, 0 lag, good pings, able to kick cheaters and greifers off. If i were an FPS console gamer i would cut my left nut off to have the option fordedicated servers on a console but what i can't understand is why they just done implement BOTH systems... Matchmaking for people who just "wanna frag" and dedicated servers for people who run communities, clan etc. IW REALLY need to wake up and smell the coffee. We spend 1000's on our machines for the ability to play with more than 18 people and have NO lag, we spend 1000's on our machines so we can mod our servers and police them ourselves, we spend 1000's on our machines so we can run our communties not have them run for us, we spend 1000's on our machines so we can dictate OUR OWN gameplay. I hope to god that the PC version of this falls flat on it back, i really do. Expand
  34. InsanityWard
    Nov 11, 2009
    The reason people play pc games is because of the rich multiplayer elements that the community supports itself with. infinity ward is trying to turn the pc into a nickel and dime platform which the consoles have become accustomed to . i look for pc games with a rich mod community (95% of them do) and when a company is trying to make me pay for DLC when the PC community could easily make The reason people play pc games is because of the rich multiplayer elements that the community supports itself with. infinity ward is trying to turn the pc into a nickel and dime platform which the consoles have become accustomed to . i look for pc games with a rich mod community (95% of them do) and when a company is trying to make me pay for DLC when the PC community could easily make them for free, that my friends is crap! Expand
  35. ShaneB
    Nov 11, 2009
    Disgusting, Awful, Pathetic. Just a few words I use to describe this garbage attempt at a port. If you use certain parts on a PC, you need to "trick your computer" into letting you play, after Steam spent 15 minutes trying to let me play, It decided to delete the 11gb download I just downloaded and try re-download this piece of garbage. I'll be complaining and getting a full refund Disgusting, Awful, Pathetic. Just a few words I use to describe this garbage attempt at a port. If you use certain parts on a PC, you need to "trick your computer" into letting you play, after Steam spent 15 minutes trying to let me play, It decided to delete the 11gb download I just downloaded and try re-download this piece of garbage. I'll be complaining and getting a full refund the moment i can. Pathetic. Expand
  36. NickO
    Nov 10, 2009
    They expect us to pay $10 more than the typical MSRP for a ruined multiplayer system, a shorter campaign, and several less important features that almost every game of the past decade has had? Well I'm not buying and I recommend that you don't either. It's not even worth the bandwidth, if that's where your mind is wandering. I almost feel bad for the developers being They expect us to pay $10 more than the typical MSRP for a ruined multiplayer system, a shorter campaign, and several less important features that almost every game of the past decade has had? Well I'm not buying and I recommend that you don't either. It's not even worth the bandwidth, if that's where your mind is wandering. I almost feel bad for the developers being forced by their bosses to pull this BS, because there is no way they couldn't know how wrong this is. Expand
  37. SteveR
    Nov 11, 2009
    Second rate console port at best. IW has ruined the COD series with this garbage of a game. Multiplayer lags horribly when you can actually get into a server. This is suppose to be an experience? Its 2009, you need dedicated servers, your IWnet is a seriously flawed system. SAVE YOUR MONEY and spend it elsewhere.
  38. ColeR
    Nov 11, 2009
    Looking at the reviews, its fairly clear to me who Infinity Ward has payed to review the game. 100 out of 100? Surely you must be kidding!? this Travesty of a joke of a game should be buried with Toxic waste, on top of magnets. I cannot begin to fathom the idiocy involved in taking away dedicated servers. And the hide of them, using Valve Anti Cheat, that excuse for a fair play system. Looking at the reviews, its fairly clear to me who Infinity Ward has payed to review the game. 100 out of 100? Surely you must be kidding!? this Travesty of a joke of a game should be buried with Toxic waste, on top of magnets. I cannot begin to fathom the idiocy involved in taking away dedicated servers. And the hide of them, using Valve Anti Cheat, that excuse for a fair play system. Its the worst possible choice they could have made. There are a few choice words i would like to use to express my feelings towards IW at the moment but I feel these words would be edited out, therefore I leave you with this sentiment. Hardcore gamers are the reason Infinity Ward and COD became popular, and to turn your back on us now is despicable. I hope you all choke. Expand
  39. NickOver
    Nov 10, 2009
    Short singleplayer and not as epic as the first. IW.net sucks just as we assumed it would. Thanks IW for giving me time to player worthy games. BFBC2 was on the backburner to this but not anymore.
  40. LiamB.
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game has become a CONSOLE game only. when they developed this game they completely disregarded the PC community. Ever since CoD2 the game has been gradually going downhill for Pc gamers and uphill for console players. Now that Next Gen is all the rage it was obviouse that is where the market was so thats what they aimed for. It annoys me so much that a game that was top notch on PC The game has become a CONSOLE game only. when they developed this game they completely disregarded the PC community. Ever since CoD2 the game has been gradually going downhill for Pc gamers and uphill for console players. Now that Next Gen is all the rage it was obviouse that is where the market was so thats what they aimed for. It annoys me so much that a game that was top notch on PC has become a hollow shell of its formerself, it sickens me. Obviously i will buy the game still for the campaign because that has always been good, except for World at War which was terrible but thats what happens when you lend the game to a third party developer. I think the thing that annoys me the most is no matter how much you say its terrible anyone who owns a console will think its the best game ever. You can tell its all about the console because when they advertis eit on TV it says available on xbox and PS3. It doesn't mention PC at all because they don't care, even on the interview with one of the main game developers talking about why they made the game like they did in the background there was a big xbox symbol. When you listen to what he has to say you can see why the game has become what it is. The developer says (And i Quote) "Perks are awsome, Trust me!" "Leveling your guy is awsome, trust me!". NO ITS NOT! If i wanted to level my character I would go play world of warcraft or something. As soon as you bring in "Leveling" you take the fun out of the game and turn it into one Big Fat Grind. It really is a sad day for PC players everywhere. Its 9v9 max, level grinding, third party software using console fun from here on out..... great (N). Expand
  41. Max
    Nov 11, 2009
    I refuse to pay Activision's £10 greed tax for a gimped online multiplayer and 5 hour single player. There are plenty of longer, more original and better value games on the market and that's where I'll be putting my money. If you buy this game be warned you are contributing to a trend of churning out unoriginal, shorter and more expensive games.
  42. AlexK.
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's a shame to see how one of the year's most hyped up games was shattered for the PC Gaming community. In less than a month, IW basically tore down everything that made the PC version of the game unique and made us pay MORE for LESS. For those who don't know, these are among the features removed: -No Dev Console -No Mods -10$ Price Hike (Never mind the fact that there is It's a shame to see how one of the year's most hyped up games was shattered for the PC Gaming community. In less than a month, IW basically tore down everything that made the PC version of the game unique and made us pay MORE for LESS. For those who don't know, these are among the features removed: -No Dev Console -No Mods -10$ Price Hike (Never mind the fact that there is no mandatory Publishing fee) -No more Dedicated servers (HUGE BLOW) -Among with mandatory DLC To me, as a PC gamer for nearly 10 years. This is disgusting. Instead of pushing the boundaries of PC gaming, IW has done the exact opposite. They didn't just take a step back. They got in a time machine and went back 2 decades. Before all the previously mentioned things (Except the price) existed. Shame on you IW, shame on you and all the reviewers who gave this game a good score. Shame on the reviewers for refusing to stand up to Robert Kotick and say "NO" to the future of PC gaming. Single player? It's what you would expect from a Call of Duty Game. Linear, nearly everything is scripted with an artificial difficulty (ie. Enemies that never stop spawning) with an equally uninspiring Tom Clancy-esque story. To me, as a PC gamer for nearly 10 years. This is disgusting. Instead of pushing the boundaries of PC gaming, IW has done the exact opposite. They didn't just take a step back. They got in a time machine and went back 2 decades. Before all the previously mentioned things (Except the price) existed. Shame on you IW, shame on you and all the reviewers who gave this game a good score. Shame on the reviewers for refusing to stand up to Robert Kotick and say "NO" to the future of PC gaming. Shame on the PC gamers who bought this game Shame on the developers who made this game Shame on the investors who supported this notion Most of all, shame on you Robert. Expand
  43. kevinp
    Nov 10, 2009
    Console port thrown together to make some quick cash. do not buy this hastily made console port. not only did they remove features like dedicated servers, mod support, 32 player battles, etc, they dared to raise the price $10 to match the price of the console version. stay far away from this.
  44. HaroldT
    Nov 10, 2009
    A waste of time releasing this on the PC, it comes with the cancer wart which is Steam which you are forced to install. Then they removed all the features (modding/dds) that the previous game had. 4 steps back, 1 step forward. Get the console version, avoid this like the plague.
  45. DavidN
    Nov 10, 2009
    Multiplayer doesn't meet standards of this millenium. MW2 is bad console convertion. How can IGN say it's all about multiplayer and give 94 for game that only has 9vs9 games, no dedicated servers, only p2p horror servers, etc... BOYCOTT!
  46. TurkeyBurgers
    Nov 10, 2009
    What a pile of trash. This game is one of the WORST console to PC ports ever made. No servers? No Mods? No Custom Maps? No PC game. Enjoy the XBOX 360 version because we do not want crap games like this on our PC.
  47. KurtH
    Nov 11, 2009
    A true kick in the nuts to PC gamers around the world. I had the same feeling when Rockstar released GTA4 on the PC. A terribly bad PC port. It truly is a shame to see the entire industry shifting away from PC gaming and focusing solely on console gaming. I'm not even sure why they even bothered to release a PC version...oh wait that's right, profits. As others suggested, if you A true kick in the nuts to PC gamers around the world. I had the same feeling when Rockstar released GTA4 on the PC. A terribly bad PC port. It truly is a shame to see the entire industry shifting away from PC gaming and focusing solely on console gaming. I'm not even sure why they even bothered to release a PC version...oh wait that's right, profits. As others suggested, if you truly feel you're missing out on this "experience", rent the game for a console. But stay away from the PC version and definitely don't buy a console version (that would in effect be saying it's ok for IW to screw PC gamers.) Host ping advantage alone is enough for me to never want to play this game again. Expand
  48. MikeM
    Nov 10, 2009
    IW definitely released a dud with this game. Pure console port of a game that was already terrible, the lack of features is astounding. Compared to the first MW, we've reduced multiplayer capacity by 18 players, lost dedicated servers (matchmaking now averages each player to around 150 ping), leaning was removed, among other atrocities. This is an abomination among PC games and is a IW definitely released a dud with this game. Pure console port of a game that was already terrible, the lack of features is astounding. Compared to the first MW, we've reduced multiplayer capacity by 18 players, lost dedicated servers (matchmaking now averages each player to around 150 ping), leaning was removed, among other atrocities. This is an abomination among PC games and is a sad harbinger of things to come in the inevitable fall of PC gaming. Expand
  49. MasterCHief
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game sucks. its the same as any other call of duty, dont see why i would buy it and not just play cod4.
  50. FrancoisM
    Nov 11, 2009
    I walked into an EB games to get the game yesterday for PC. I got home, eager to install it. Steam said I couldn't play untill thursdays..... There's no reason I shoul;dn't be able to play the game if I buy it in the store.
  51. Anonymous
    Nov 11, 2009
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Networking: Client/Server Avg Ping: 25-40ms Console Commands: Yes Lean: Yes Custom Maps: Yes Number of Players: up to 64 Competitive Mods: Yes Mod Tools: Yes Ability to Record: Yes Kick/Ban Hackers Immediately: Yes Profiles Saved Online: No Manually Select Server to Join: Yes Control Bad Language: Yes 0 ping Advantage for Host: No Lan Play: Yes Free Demo: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Networking: Client/Server Avg Ping: 25-40ms Console Commands: Yes Lean: Yes Custom Maps: Yes Number of Players: up to 64 Competitive Mods: Yes Mod Tools: Yes Ability to Record: Yes Kick/Ban Hackers Immediately: Yes Profiles Saved Online: No Manually Select Server to Join: Yes Control Bad Language: Yes 0 ping Advantage for Host: No Lan Play: Yes Free Demo: Yes Price: $50 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Networking: Peer 2 Peer (downgrade) Avg Ping: 100ms+ (downgrade) Console Commands: No (downgrade) Lean: No (downgrade) Custom Maps: No (downgrade) Number of Players: up to 18 (downgrade) Competitive Mods: No (downgrade) Mod Tools: No (downgrade) Ability to Record: No (downgrade) Kick/Ban Hackers Immediately: No (downgrade) Profiles Saved Online: Yes Manually Select Server to Join: No (downgrade) Control Bad Language: No (downgrade) 0 ping Advantage for Host: Yes (downgrade) Lan Play: Yes Free Demo: No (downgrade) Price: $60 (downgrade) A game that costs more for hardly any progress, nay, most of it even puts us back a good decade in gaming features. IWnet failed me on numerous occasions. For one attempt the "best server" gave us all one red bar of ping. One host migration later we were up to two yellow. We then asked the question "Where is everyone from?" and the responses were New York and Philadelphia. Yep - it decided the best place for us was to play in the states. Mind you I'm from the Netherlands. I've also ended up in Canada, Brazil and Australia only once actually hitting a western European host. IW and Activision really screwed the pouch on this one. Expand
  52. TonE
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game spits on PC gamers by refusing to put in the game what is now standard in all PC multiplayer. This disturbing trend will likely be copied, leading to the evisceration of online PC gaming.
  53. MattB
    Nov 10, 2009
    Oh god where to start... Im comparing this to the previous game (COD4: Modern warfare) No dedicated server, no lean, no SLI support...game runs like hell, multiplayer is all peer to peer which gives the game host a huge advantage. What the hell was infinity ward thinking? This feels like a super terrible console port. LEARN FROM THE REST OF US AND DO NOT BUY!
  54. RichC
    Nov 11, 2009
    What a disappointment! I find it amazing how PC gamers have been treated by IW. PC gamers are the base. Like politics, if you mess with the base you will lose. IW has messed with the base and will lose. Unbelievable there is not dedicated server. Absolutely mind boggling. I am going to try to return the game. At least get a store credit.
  55. BenN
    Nov 11, 2009
    The multiplayer is a huge step backwards over what PC gamers are used to. 9v9 is just not impressive in any way at all. Lack of modding support, graphics that barely look better than a console game and no option to host dedicated servers.
  56. MattG
    Nov 11, 2009
    - Custom content on PC's; mouse and keyboard support. - Ability to change your graphics settings! - Additional $10 cost. (If it's more it must be good.) - Matchmaking! You can lag just like Xbox360 users! - 18 player limit online. (18+ is so 2002!) - Complicated things like lean removed. - No mod support. (STICK IT TO THOSE EVIL MODDERS!) - Paid DLC! - Exciting SP story that - Custom content on PC's; mouse and keyboard support. - Ability to change your graphics settings! - Additional $10 cost. (If it's more it must be good.) - Matchmaking! You can lag just like Xbox360 users! - 18 player limit online. (18+ is so 2002!) - Complicated things like lean removed. - No mod support. (STICK IT TO THOSE EVIL MODDERS!) - Paid DLC! - Exciting SP story that lasts for a whole 3 hours. Modern Warfare 2 is the Game of the Year, all years. Expand
  57. TeejG
    Nov 11, 2009
    Horrible game. Dont waste your money. Instead of using the overly priced $65 on the game, use it to wipe your ass. Atleast you could get some use out of it. Do not support this horrible company
  58. LOLK
    Nov 10, 2009
    Holy crap! This game is awesome on the PC! It's completely the same as the console version, but it has custom things like mouse control, on-screen text, and video options! :O If that isn't custom, then I don't know what is. The best part is the lack mods. Ever gotten tired of playing on new, exciting, out of the ordinary maps? Well no worries because they took out modding Holy crap! This game is awesome on the PC! It's completely the same as the console version, but it has custom things like mouse control, on-screen text, and video options! :O If that isn't custom, then I don't know what is. The best part is the lack mods. Ever gotten tired of playing on new, exciting, out of the ordinary maps? Well no worries because they took out modding so you can only play on the stock maps. The game has so much more replay value online now. Speaking of online, have you ever gotten confused looking through the server list? Can't seem to figure out what you're doing? Does it seem like there's too many buttons for your short attentions span? Well, no worries. IW has kept you in mind and they have taken out the server browser. In fact, they've taken out dedicated servers completely! Is your internet too crappy to play on P2P? Does your internet slow down when you download a big file that just so happens to be 11 gigabytes? Have no fear! IW.net will save the day! In fact, it's so amazing, that you have to pay TEN MORE DOLLARS for the game! It must be good! So go out and buy your very own copy of CoD: MW2! Expand
  59. BrentlyH
    Nov 10, 2009
    Graphics are good, but the lack of dedicated servers killed the game for me. The story mode was OK at best, but everyone knows the Call of Duty series has always been about the awesome multiplayer, and CoD:MW2 took the great thing the series had going for it and beat it with a stick, burned in with gasoline, and threw it out of a 6 story building into a dumpster in the alley below.
  60. Hiro
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've recieved a nice briliant frisbee just for only $60! Another function such as playing a computer game was disabled here in Japan but who cares? I can't wait playing it with my dog next Sunday! Thanks!
  61. JakeN
    Nov 10, 2009
    I got the game and stormed through the single-player. Its exactly what you'd expect from it (thanks to all the hype about it), and then got to the horrid multiplayer. I'm being completely honest here: this simply BLOWS compared to CoD4's multiplayer. There's no dedicated servers, no custom maps, no mods, no skinning, absolutely no customization, no leaning, its always I got the game and stormed through the single-player. Its exactly what you'd expect from it (thanks to all the hype about it), and then got to the horrid multiplayer. I'm being completely honest here: this simply BLOWS compared to CoD4's multiplayer. There's no dedicated servers, no custom maps, no mods, no skinning, absolutely no customization, no leaning, its always 9v9, host migration takes forever, host always has an advantage (P2P in general is fail) and it costs $10 EXTRA, and we'll be paying for DLC... Its simply not worth it. At all. I gave it a 0 because single-player was good and what I wanted. If it was worse, I'd go for giving it a negative score. Multiplayer is where CoD shone for me in all of its previous installments, and IW just ruined it to hell and beyond. Don't get me wrong here - If you live in a good location and get good connections normally, you'll find games easily and be able to play perfectly. Nothing is 'wrong' with the way the IWnet system works, its just a major slap in the face for hardcore PC gamers; like going back to 1997... You might think its worth it and get it anyway, but trust me, it will lose its 'fun' factor after a month or so because of absolutely no way to enhance the game to your liking/preferences (thanks to IW ruining the PC features). Collapse
  62. SushBag
    Nov 10, 2009
    They give us less and have the audacity to charge us MORE for it? The PC version of this game is a massive stain on Infinity Ward's credibility and an unfortunate reminder of the times we live in, with certain publishers doing whatever they want as long as the masses keep buying it. Everything about this game is a step back from CoD4, don't buy it.
  63. GGIW
    Nov 10, 2009
    Holy crap! This game is awesome on the PC! It's completely the same as the console version, but it has custom things like mouse control, on-screen text, and video options! :O If that isn't custom, then I don't know what is. The best part is the lack mods. Ever gotten tired of playing on new, exciting, out of the ordinary maps? Well no worries because they took out modding Holy crap! This game is awesome on the PC! It's completely the same as the console version, but it has custom things like mouse control, on-screen text, and video options! :O If that isn't custom, then I don't know what is. The best part is the lack mods. Ever gotten tired of playing on new, exciting, out of the ordinary maps? Well no worries because they took out modding so you can only play on the stock maps. The game has so much more replay value online now. Speaking of online, have you ever gotten confused looking through the server list? Can't seem to figure out what you're doing? Does it seem like there's too many buttons for your short attentions span? Well, no worries. IW has kept you in mind and they have taken out the server browser. In fact, they've taken out dedicated servers completely! Is your internet too crappy to play on P2P? Does your internet slow down when you download a big file that just so happens to be 11 gigabytes? Have no fear! IW.net will save the day! In fact, it's so amazing, that you have to pay TEN MORE DOLLARS for the game! It must be good! So go out and purchase your very own copy of CoD: MW2! Expand
  64. MikeN
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's a short, predictable, generic, shadow of an FPS that pales in comparison to it's predecessors. The multiplayer aspect is just as dull as its singleplayer . The lack of dedicated servers, small player capacities, and lack of access to console commands renders the game unenjoyable and almost unplayable. The poorest showing by far from one of my favorite game series.
  65. TesherC
    Nov 11, 2009
    Infinity Ward sure expressed it's hate toward the PC community with MW2 by stripping it down to console standards for $60. Avoid MW2 at all costs because this game is terrible in all ways especially multiplayer. What was once Cod is now nothing, thanks IW.
  66. AlessioT.
    Nov 11, 2009
    No dedicated servers, + 3rd person, no mod support, no server ip join, no customizations.. and the rest is the sam call-of-duty-map-pack. All this shit for 60
  67. MattNoneofyourbusiness.
    Nov 11, 2009
    By skimming through all the reviews of this game, no matter where you go, it looks as if most people hated the game, but a few really loved it. However, upon closer inspection, all of the good reviews look like they've been written by 10 year olds, riddled with spelling and grammar errors, and generally just not knowing anything about what they're talking about. The reason these By skimming through all the reviews of this game, no matter where you go, it looks as if most people hated the game, but a few really loved it. However, upon closer inspection, all of the good reviews look like they've been written by 10 year olds, riddled with spelling and grammar errors, and generally just not knowing anything about what they're talking about. The reason these people gave Modern Warfare 2 a high rating is because they were to young to play the superior first person shooters and they too idiotic to see what a crap game they have bought. MW2 is a horrible excuse for a PC game, have pretty much destroyed my hopes for Infinity Ward. Expand
  68. liamC
    Nov 12, 2009
    The sad part is the single player is so much fun, but that not the main reason we buy cod games. I played a few multi games and after the host dropping connection or getting mega lag i uninstalled the game. The worst part is it has so much potential too. Sorry IW you've lost anymore sales from me.
  69. T
    Nov 12, 2009
    I recently joined the CoD community with the last edition (WaW). However, I've found that while the single player mode is entertaining, replay value really is somewhat limited. I have been playing multi-player mods since that time and have not loaded up the single player version in months. Given the treatment that IW has given this version of COD, with the lack of dedicated online I recently joined the CoD community with the last edition (WaW). However, I've found that while the single player mode is entertaining, replay value really is somewhat limited. I have been playing multi-player mods since that time and have not loaded up the single player version in months. Given the treatment that IW has given this version of COD, with the lack of dedicated online servers and all of the other critcisms previously mentioned I see no reason to ever buy this game and will be staying with COD5. Expand
  70. AlanU
    Nov 12, 2009
    Having enjoyed the latest games like COD4 and CODWaW, the MW2 is just a muckery to the PC gamers. With no dedicated servers, P2P, no modding possibility, no way to actually look up and play with your friends - IW has kissed the PC gamers a certain farewell. I tip my hat to you IW for being so rediculously dumb.
  71. sebas
    Nov 12, 2009
    This game is all about the MP experience but unfortunately it was gutted and coming from cod4 its a huge downgrade, using a p2p connection and rotating the server on a persons computer laggs and forces at least a 150ms ping but also limits the game to 9v9, removes user generated maps and has no mod kit. this is unacceptable for a game that's purchased for MP only.
  72. LeoB.
    Nov 10, 2009
    I'm not going to waste my time or 60 bucks for a xbox 360 ported game...what a dissapointment. i have been playing the cod series since it first started on the pc. slap in the face!! money hungry industry.
  73. MarkD
    Nov 12, 2009
    Epic Fail. This game sucks (PC-wise) so bad it's ridiculous. It's a direct console port with the same stupid achievement and requirements to even obtain hardcore mode and such. No dedicated servers, stupid IWNet, blah blah the list goes on. Don't buy. Save your money for a real PC game, or just pick this up on a console where it belongs.
  74. Enigma
    Nov 12, 2009
    I find it amazing that such a hyped game could be this terrible. I mean, you have to disregaurd hype, but this is just above and beyond all reasoning. In an effort to stop "hackers" (read pirating) they've fucked the game up beyond reason. Hell it's not even worth pirating with the near portal length play time. Simply terrible. GG IW, GG.
  75. JohnS.
    Nov 10, 2009
    These "professional" reviewers absolutely must have been paid off to give some of the reviews they did. They butchered the MP and considering the MP is the majority of the game, they butchered the game itself.
  76. ReggieF
    Nov 12, 2009
    If this score was for the Xbox it would be higher. But this score is for the PC. No dedicated servers, No Mods, Short Single Player story. I don't see any reason to pay more than COD4 when COD4 has much more to offer. Player Matching? This isn't the console.
  77. DavidR
    Nov 12, 2009
    While I have nothing against matchmaking (It is great when you don't feel like endlessly searching servers) I think that any PC game needs dedicated servers. Without Mods, a comand Console, or any community support I really feel let down. Also: I don't understand why they removed lean. Plus the campain is nowhere near as good as CoD:4. The story is bad, the weapons feel While I have nothing against matchmaking (It is great when you don't feel like endlessly searching servers) I think that any PC game needs dedicated servers. Without Mods, a comand Console, or any community support I really feel let down. Also: I don't understand why they removed lean. Plus the campain is nowhere near as good as CoD:4. The story is bad, the weapons feel unrealistic and, generally it feels unpolished. I don't lnow why IW has abondoned their PC community, but I feel personally hurt. Expand
  78. MattM.
    Nov 10, 2009
    PC Multiplayer is horribly done. It killed all chances of competitive play, it lags, it ruins the ability to mod the game, it basically kills everything about PC gaming. How did they go from CoD4 to this?
  79. MitchR
    Nov 12, 2009
    The single player may be good but the removal of dedicated servers and the simple console port fov makes this a game not worth getting till the price is cut in half. Or just wait till Battlefield BC 2 comes out and see if that might satisfy the PC community that has been soo terribly negected by IW. So many features that have been taken for granted in recent fps games has been almost The single player may be good but the removal of dedicated servers and the simple console port fov makes this a game not worth getting till the price is cut in half. Or just wait till Battlefield BC 2 comes out and see if that might satisfy the PC community that has been soo terribly negected by IW. So many features that have been taken for granted in recent fps games has been almost purposly removed too make this game almost feel like it does not want you to play it on PC. IW.net is a joke. Players have terrible ping and 1 lucky player always has an advantage over everyone else. And if that person ragequites then everyone on the server must suffer up to 15 seconds for IW.net to pick a new host. AS for keeping this game ballences and fair, the first time I played on a server the teams were soo unbelievably stacked that at the end one team had a score 3X that of the other. Noone was suprised of this due to one team being almost entirly built of level 20+ players. Just a few examples why this game deserves a terrible score for PC. Expand
  80. WickidC
    Nov 10, 2009
    Total abandonment to the PC community that made the game what it is today. Look for the multiplayer to be dead in a few months just ask its brother Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. What a joke to try and say that this was made for PC. It's a broken console port with a $10 price hike.
  81. StephenK
    Nov 12, 2009
    No dedicated server, $60 price tag, console game play, idiotic storyline, 2 hours of game play, massive lag in multiplayer, 9v9 maps, and no LAN potential. There are $20 games with more replay value than this. I think hitting myself in the head with hammer would would have been more enjoyable and have more replay value. Save your money and your time, and look elsewhere, Infinity Ward No dedicated server, $60 price tag, console game play, idiotic storyline, 2 hours of game play, massive lag in multiplayer, 9v9 maps, and no LAN potential. There are $20 games with more replay value than this. I think hitting myself in the head with hammer would would have been more enjoyable and have more replay value. Save your money and your time, and look elsewhere, Infinity Ward screwed the pooch on this one. Expand
  82. AlexG.
    Nov 12, 2009
    No dedicated servers, 18 player max, no custom mods or maps allowed, no console, no kickbans, and no resaleability due to Steam DRM. Waste of money. Stick with CoD4 until IW figures out how not to screw over the gamers that made this franchise what it is.
  83. DavidD
    Nov 10, 2009
    This game is what you get when greedy companies try to screw people. The game is completely stripped down, bare bones, features no dedicated servers, no mod support, no special features for the PC version. Activision got too greedy and it shows. The game itself is generic and offers nothing we haven't seen before. Just another vanilla war sim shooter. Pass on this one, you're This game is what you get when greedy companies try to screw people. The game is completely stripped down, bare bones, features no dedicated servers, no mod support, no special features for the PC version. Activision got too greedy and it shows. The game itself is generic and offers nothing we haven't seen before. Just another vanilla war sim shooter. Pass on this one, you're not missing much anyways, and you're won't be contributing to the moral decay of the industry. Expand
  84. KestutisV
    Nov 12, 2009
    Since a lot i want to rage about has been listed by the below users, i'm gonna cut this short. #1. 9 vs 9: Without the long whining, i'm just gonna say this, it would be ALWAYS nice to have an option for more players. #2. No deticated servers: do i even have to comment this one? #3. No moding: same as above #4. Price tag: Are you kidding me? Since the multiplayer is fucked, no Since a lot i want to rage about has been listed by the below users, i'm gonna cut this short. #1. 9 vs 9: Without the long whining, i'm just gonna say this, it would be ALWAYS nice to have an option for more players. #2. No deticated servers: do i even have to comment this one? #3. No moding: same as above #4. Price tag: Are you kidding me? Since the multiplayer is fucked, no mods for the game, i can't see any other reason why not to pirate it. Thepiratebay - here i come! Expand
  85. OddbjornH
    Nov 12, 2009
    MP is way too spammy (tho they did fix grenade spamming slightly by removing/changing certain fucked up perks in CoD4). By spammy, I mean there's not a second without either a helicopter, a harrier or an airstrike going off. Impossible to hear ANYTHING. That, and they still havent made an option to turn down music volume without turning down the master volume. Currently, I rely on a MP is way too spammy (tho they did fix grenade spamming slightly by removing/changing certain fucked up perks in CoD4). By spammy, I mean there's not a second without either a helicopter, a harrier or an airstrike going off. Impossible to hear ANYTHING. That, and they still havent made an option to turn down music volume without turning down the master volume. Currently, I rely on a mounted heartbeat sensor on my gun to "hear" where my enemies are, since there's no way you can hear anyones footsteps or clink-clanks in ladders and such. The game feels very much like a console-port in more aspects than just the auto-matchmaking, the mouse controls feel smoothed even tho I've turned off mouse smoothing, sensitivity-changes are... too sensitive. The auto-finding best host, tends to .. not find the best host (me), and if the host wants, he can just put on a download, and everyone except him will have a horrible game experience (happened more than once so far). The devs said they "balanced" the maps for 9v9, which is why the game doesn't support higher, but some maps are so small, that they don't feel balanced for 9v9 at all. I've several times spawned right in the face of an enemy. Balanced. All in all, there are tons of nuisances in this game, but when it actually works, it's not too bad. Hopefully they'll come to their senses with dedicated servers eventually. The p2p strategy they've chosen might work for RTS games, but does not work well with the CoD series, or most likely any action FPS. Expand
  86. zippyzipster
    Nov 12, 2009
    The total disinterest in the PC platform and the core strength of having an unrestricted, multiplayer and mod community means this game is the worst ever, if only for the death-knell it sounds for the future of PC gaming. The amount of units sold will be taken as proof of the future of gaming despite the PC platform sales being a very small % of the total sold.
  87. MarkJ
    Nov 12, 2009
    Wow, I can't believe how terrible this game is for people not within the USA. The ping is horrible, and single player is rediculously short and boring. these critics must have been paid off to release such high ratings just before Christmas. No dedicated server support, no console, limited to 18 people per server.. I seriously hope IW loses money on this garbage waste of perfectly Wow, I can't believe how terrible this game is for people not within the USA. The ping is horrible, and single player is rediculously short and boring. these critics must have been paid off to release such high ratings just before Christmas. No dedicated server support, no console, limited to 18 people per server.. I seriously hope IW loses money on this garbage waste of perfectly good blank discs. Expand
  88. TehL
    Nov 12, 2009
    @ all the people that give this a perfect score. Removal of ONE thing? We are all upset over the removal of one thing? Not I. I am upset that they slaughtered the game that I was looking forward to. That "one thing" is the cause of horrible lag during multiplayer. I have emptied clips into enemies right next to me, only to have the game not register a single round. How about the fact that @ all the people that give this a perfect score. Removal of ONE thing? We are all upset over the removal of one thing? Not I. I am upset that they slaughtered the game that I was looking forward to. That "one thing" is the cause of horrible lag during multiplayer. I have emptied clips into enemies right next to me, only to have the game not register a single round. How about the fact that there is a wait if the host drops while the game picks another host? How about the fact that there are thousands of cheaters out there already, ruining the game for everyone? Also they didn't remove "one thing". -In this game, you actually can't lean! That's right. You can't LEAN around corners in a tactical FPS. -There is no cover system -You cant talk to your team mates. -The steam install is horribad and required contacting them for support just so that I could play the game I purchased! - The single player story takes a whole 4-5 hours to beat. - The multiplayer is limited to 9 v 9, although if you see more than 10 people on screen, odds are you are lagging so bad that someone will drop anyway. What I love the most is when the host drops, the game picks another host, they drop, the game picks another one, and they drop. Through all that you just wasted about 20 seconds staring at your screen, unable to do anything. The game is a spit in the face of PC gamers everywhere, and that is why it is getting low scores. PC gamer's don't pay $65 for a 5 hour story mode, and horribad multiplayer. Expand
  89. RasmusK.J
    Nov 12, 2009
    No dedicated server, max 9 vs 9, outdated anti cheat softwar, no ability have total controll over the game that "YOU!" are "HOSTING!!" cheaters, script kiddies, annoying buggars from TDeres to general nasty idiots can't be removed from the game .... Developler statements "Game is customabel fo PC" There's íngame text chat and mouse controll !! Like saying that reciving a No dedicated server, max 9 vs 9, outdated anti cheat softwar, no ability have total controll over the game that "YOU!" are "HOSTING!!" cheaters, script kiddies, annoying buggars from TDeres to general nasty idiots can't be removed from the game .... Developler statements "Game is customabel fo PC" There's íngame text chat and mouse controll !! Like saying that reciving a car with steeringwheel and tires is something special instead of the normal ... The candy (eg. the game) looks sweet but tasts bitter and thus the rating. If the developer would listen to the community that made the COD series profitiabel then this could have been avoided. Expand
  90. AndrejM
    Nov 13, 2009
    No custom maps No mods No tweaking No dedicated servers No playing higher then 9v9 Higher pings Harsh DRM(Steam) No community Shorter single player from CoD4 No competitive play Forced hosting $10 extra price Don't even waste your time, critic reviews are paid.
  91. RobertP
    Nov 13, 2009
    Singleplayer aspect is roughly 3 hours of a confusing storyline, with a disgusting scene placing you as the terrorist on a shootout through an airport. Yeah, that's appealing. While the gameplay is nice, 3 hours on veteran doesn't make up for it. As for the multiplayer... well, no dedicated servers, player cap at 18, and a simply horrid system with IW that's just terrible Singleplayer aspect is roughly 3 hours of a confusing storyline, with a disgusting scene placing you as the terrorist on a shootout through an airport. Yeah, that's appealing. While the gameplay is nice, 3 hours on veteran doesn't make up for it. As for the multiplayer... well, no dedicated servers, player cap at 18, and a simply horrid system with IW that's just terrible to use. On top of that, hacks and cheats are out and about ANYWAY, despite the fact that dedicated server support was dropped so that they could possibly offer a game with less cheaters. Bravo, IW. I'm not even going to go into the terrible lag, as it may very well be just me, but my friends seem to be experiencing just the same. That said, there is no modding of the game allowed or lean, so you're already looking at less features, horrible multiplayer, and an extremely short single player experience that doesn't make a lick of sense. That's not even my own opinion either, but the general consensus throughout all versions of the game. CoD4 is better in just about every way, even in terms of price! Now, as I said, the gameplay was fun on singleplayer and the optimizations to the engine are certainly noteworthy, but I cannot give this game anything above a 0 because they're charging $60 for so much less. It really makes me wonder at what point in the development cycle did they think this game was worthy of the jacked up pricetag... I honestly wouldn't mind paying $60 if they actually kept the features the previous game had, but no, they didn't feel it was worth it. Just as well, I wouldn't recommend this game to be worth your money either. Expand
  92. James
    Nov 13, 2009
    I'm sorry this has to be said, the above reviews that rate this game highly... I don't know what they were thinking. Regardless of the quality of the single player campaign (which is very short indeed), multiplayer is a key aspect of this franchise (and PC first person shooters in general). The multiplayer in the PC version of this game is unplayable by most peoples standards. I'm sorry this has to be said, the above reviews that rate this game highly... I don't know what they were thinking. Regardless of the quality of the single player campaign (which is very short indeed), multiplayer is a key aspect of this franchise (and PC first person shooters in general). The multiplayer in the PC version of this game is unplayable by most peoples standards. The omission of dedicated server support has not only made this game woeful in comparison to its predecessors, but it has also angered much of the PC FPS community. After all, publishers cannot be lead to believe that this will be suitable for future FPS games on PC... it's not! Expand
  93. SeamanC
    Nov 13, 2009
    1. You can not earn experience in Private Games. Therefore if you like to primarily play with your friends you can NOT level up your character. 2. If you decide to join with a group of friends into a public game YOU CAN NOT SELECT free-for-all!!! So you can't even play against your friends on a public server. 3. If you decide to join a public server and have your friends join it - 9 1. You can not earn experience in Private Games. Therefore if you like to primarily play with your friends you can NOT level up your character. 2. If you decide to join with a group of friends into a public game YOU CAN NOT SELECT free-for-all!!! So you can't even play against your friends on a public server. 3. If you decide to join a public server and have your friends join it - 9 out of 10 times the server will be FULL! 4. No 'text-chat' in lobbies...really? 5. You may wish to play against certain people that are not on your "friends" list, but you enjoy playing matches against them. Previously (COD4) you could jump on the same server they normally use. Now you have no choice about who you are matched up against!! 7. What's up with the ridiculous wait time between maps? 8. The system is buggy - frequently start loading then get failures to join games. 9. What if you want to play a particular map - you have to get everyone to vote for it instead of just selecting a dedicated server that is on that particular map. Expand
  94. JoshF
    Nov 13, 2009
    Ok people who didn't bought the game, "Please dont buy this game." Its just a rip off! I liked COD MW1, so I was waiting for this game COD MW 2 for a very long time and saved some money for this game... seriously "What a Disappointment?" I just wasted $60. Single Player is more or less same as Modern Warfare 1. Multiplayer is really terrible. Ofcourse I can host the game... My Ok people who didn't bought the game, "Please dont buy this game." Its just a rip off! I liked COD MW1, so I was waiting for this game COD MW 2 for a very long time and saved some money for this game... seriously "What a Disappointment?" I just wasted $60. Single Player is more or less same as Modern Warfare 1. Multiplayer is really terrible. Ofcourse I can host the game... My friends joined and some random players joined then just a LAAAAAG! and then COD MW 2 crashed. A new window opened "This application is closed due to unknown error" or something... I forgot this part. This happened like 4 times... really tired of game crashes. My friends all yelled at me that they just lost the connection to the host player... I dont understand why IW screwd PC Gamers. Expand
  95. ThisSucks
    Nov 13, 2009
    This is bad, THIS IS FUCKING BAD. No deticated servers, cant play?? how come guys? clan sites will even buy maybe 50 $ a month for servers, but u guys just fucking ruining it all. deticated servers is maked in games! all peps who have buyed the game have rights to claim back the $ if u ask me when this fucking naziz making this fucking fucking bad!!!
  96. SuperKylekyle
    Nov 13, 2009
    No Mods, No Lean, No Dedicated Server Support, Xbox lines of code in the executable, console port, 9v9 only on one mode 6v6 in all others, this game is trash, I could go on but i'm wasting my breath do some research before buying this junk MW is a ruined franchise. BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 FTW.
  97. BarryJ
    Nov 13, 2009
    Need 2 votes one for single player and 1 for multiplayer. single player scores 10 Fantastic took 6 hours to complete and cant wait to start it again with harder settings, Multiplayer, scores 0 What a dissapointment played for couple of hours definatly needs work. will not play it again unless they change it. i will use the lowest score for my vote as that shows what i am dissapointed in.
  98. kyles
    Nov 14, 2009
    This game for PC, is the worst game ever produced. It is blatantly obvious infinty ward and everyone else who produced this takes no pride in the quality of product they produce.All they want is to make money even at the expense of the very people who line their pockets.Personally I wish I had just used my 60 dollars as toilet paper, would have been a better use.
  99. MarkM
    Nov 14, 2009
    This game has such promise, but infinity ward took a shit on this game by using iwnet. Iwnet is the biggest fail i have ever seen. It is laggy as hell, when the host leaves you have to wait like 5 minutes for it to find a new host, reconnect, and restart the game. You cant restrict gay shit, or guns and the the iw net servers have the worst reg i have ever seen in a first person shooter. This game has such promise, but infinity ward took a shit on this game by using iwnet. Iwnet is the biggest fail i have ever seen. It is laggy as hell, when the host leaves you have to wait like 5 minutes for it to find a new host, reconnect, and restart the game. You cant restrict gay shit, or guns and the the iw net servers have the worst reg i have ever seen in a first person shooter. Dont buy this game until they make a significant patch. Expand
  100. adamo.
    Nov 14, 2009
    1st off , pls read COD 4 reviews and notice players rating compared to the quality of that game , players rating are the real note , most magazines are not clear , giving COD MW2 100 with all does problems in SP and MP is redicilus , MW2 in a Money machine , the game is totaly incompleted , pyaying the game on my ripped friend PC , ive noticed many glitches easy to find in singel player 1st off , pls read COD 4 reviews and notice players rating compared to the quality of that game , players rating are the real note , most magazines are not clear , giving COD MW2 100 with all does problems in SP and MP is redicilus , MW2 in a Money machine , the game is totaly incompleted , pyaying the game on my ripped friend PC , ive noticed many glitches easy to find in singel player missions , whil COD 4 3 years now playing it and its clean or hard to GL , Weapons are totaly unreal with bad modelisation . the Squad Ai is just a total downgrade from version 8 to 1.2b , enemy vehicles have no AI , enemy are too stupid too . then the online totaly ruined by IW , not only on PC but all platform , and this is the sign of the big IW RIPP , the should be tested before release , and gamers should test teh demo on online , but no the knew the peoblem and they wont to break the calandar , so 5.000.000 people got ripped from IW sadly . I think call of duty series is officialy dead , bcz now its look just liek Rainbow six vegas , and just hope Battlefield bad company 2 looks beter a,d take us to a real tactical warl zone . i give it 0 bcz IW set us a scam , by ADS, no DEMO and lies. Expand

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.