4.3

1. Jan 3, 2011
    i have a great connection and i am playing bad company 2 that is supposed to be "Heavier" than Cod...Bad company 2 is realistic you can blow up walls and demolish whole buildings so you cant hide like in cod!! omg a wooden house is stronger than an Bazooka? if you'll play Bad Company 2 you will throw away this garbage called Call of duty!!the single player is playable but the multi is eveni have a great connection and i am playing bad company 2 that is supposed to be "Heavier" than Cod...Bad company 2 is realistic you can blow up walls and demolish whole buildings so you cant hide like in cod!! omg a wooden house is stronger than an Bazooka? if you'll play Bad Company 2 you will throw away this garbage called Call of duty!!the single player is playable but the multi is even worse than the first counter strike!! Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    Since this was my first Call of Duty game, il give it a break.
    The campaign is great,theres awesome moments,sad ones,epic ones and bit of everything.
    But your allies never do anything but shout "Ramirez,shoot while we scream!!" or "Roach,rush trough a favela full of 2000 angry miltia guys with rpgs,ak47s and mini uzis!" The multiplayer is average,with the typical elite noobs
    Since this was my first Call of Duty game, il give it a break.
    The multiplayer is average,with the typical elite noobs quickscoping and spraying bullets with akimbo pistols then comes the hearbeat noobs,OMA noobtube;g18 akimbo noobs;commando noobs;ump45 noobs;claymore spam,wallhackers;aimboters and killstreak whores;noob host with instead hitmarkers while the rest of us are lagging like hell and missing every shot
    .You can´t play a single game without these things happening to you
    My advice is to either burn the CD,or go to nearest gun shop purchase lots of ammo and use the CD as a target while pissing on Kotick.
  3. Feb 5, 2011
    Both this game and Black Ops are probably the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played. What kind of game has guns with amazing rates of fire and insanely great accuracy, or super powerful shots and super reload speeds... It's not how you make a game! The guns should be balanced - if you start this game later than majority of people, you're pretty much in for a **** time, because youBoth this game and Black Ops are probably the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played. What kind of game has guns with amazing rates of fire and insanely great accuracy, or super powerful shots and super reload speeds... It's not how you make a game! The guns should be balanced - if you start this game later than majority of people, you're pretty much in for a **** time, because you can't compete without spending hours upon hours to reach the next stage of multiplayer gameplay. And how do most do this? Camping. It's pathetic - it's like the MAPS WERE DESIGNED FOR CAMPING?!

Same goes for Black Ops... And my God the community, all these nooby gamers who think they're the **** because they get 10th prestige, yet they don't have the slightest clue about REAL GAMES.

I did however give this such a generous score because of the fairly O.K graphics. Really though, this is just another mainstream pump-out putting shame to the original C.O.D games. I feel sick just thinking about these games whilst games like Half-Life aren't even heard of by half the idiots who play CoD 6 and Black Ops.
  4. Jun 18, 2011
    I always used to love Call of Duty when it had a nice essence of map size and balance put into it. And when CoD4 came out I wasn't so sure if the killstreaks and attachments would diminish the balance but IW held true. Now, on to the sequel. Sure maybe all your friends are raving about it, on console, but on PC you will not find a happy community. IW and Activision screwed the PC communityI always used to love Call of Duty when it had a nice essence of map size and balance put into it. And when CoD4 came out I wasn't so sure if the killstreaks and attachments would diminish the balance but IW held true. Now, on to the sequel. Sure maybe all your friends are raving about it, on console, but on PC you will not find a happy community. IW and Activision screwed the PC community over and just full out ignored us and listened to the console kiddies only. For $60 this game boasts no dedicated servers, horrible match making(TONS of host migrations in game due to poor connection or some bloke rage quitting), horribly imbalanced weapons(SCAR, UMP .45.), Ridiculous quick scoping(Complete rubbish since SOHP allows you to basically hit your ADS button and your vross hairs are immediately in your face), bull crap perks, kill streak rape(All kill streaks are basically over powered aviator vehicles: AC-130, APACHE, Harriers, Attack helicopter), horrible anti-cheat system/not punkbuster(MW2 uses VAC which is complete crap), and a horrible story mode and a crappy co-op mode. So, in a nutshell, you get a console port with a **** singleplayer, noob tube/hacker/kill streak filled none dedicated server multiplayer, and a boring co-op mode. All for $10 more than the average PC game. Oh, not to mention, you have to pay for the DLC which is $15 a pop. This game does NOT live up to the Call of Duty PC name. Expand
  5. Mar 3, 2011
    OMG Why destroy another decent brand name. No dedicated servers, a hell of alot of cheaters and lack of support from IW. The world is going to hell with all this no frills crap. Why because of money that the banks betted away and now everyone but the bankers are paying the price. I can't wait until the world ends.
  6. Mar 16, 2011
    I like the CoD4 more than this crap....
  7. Apr 7, 2012
    I will do this review based mostly on my playtime on the multiplayer feature, since I think most of other reviewers said more than enough about the main campaign: boring, short, could have done better, really can't add that much. Besides, this is a multiplayer game basically, so unfortunely I'm forced to review the feature that I basically ignore. And besides, I was curious about theI will do this review based mostly on my playtime on the multiplayer feature, since I think most of other reviewers said more than enough about the main campaign: boring, short, could have done better, really can't add that much. Besides, this is a multiplayer game basically, so unfortunely I'm forced to review the feature that I basically ignore. And besides, I was curious about the rumors of this game being "the greatest online shooter ever", and when I finally tried out the multiplayer one simple question bothered me: "How?!". I seriously never ever seen a game this badly thought and programmed: the maps are horrible (except for very few), filled with blind corners that actually can ruin easily the game; now, many maps have these blind corners, so I might think this was intentional, but when someone starts to win by just CAMPING, that is totally unacceptable, and even if i have to not count the blind corners the maps are still horrible, since they are basically thought for Free-for-All (and still, you can see campers killing you as soon as you spawn, not even giving you a proper spawn protection like in some games). Well, maps aren't the only bad thing, since also the "class" customization isn't very great either. The idea is actually good, of making your own class with perks and etc, not doubt on that, but unfortunely lots of these perks are totally downgrades instead of upgrades, so you'll just get the most convenient ones (Sleight of hand+Stopping power+Commando= you were good most of the times). And the Pro versions aren't a big deal either. The weapons are so-so: few are pretty good, some are mediocre, many are very weak; unfortunely I can't mention pros and cons of every weapon, but in general I never tried more than, maybe, 10 weapons in total and those few looked very similar too (the raffica pistol looked a lot like the FAMAS...only you can move faster while aiming instead), so I could be wrong too on this regard. And also, the killstreaks: the idea is actually great, but some can be highly annoying, but still I personally liked most of them. The deathstreaks are ok, but none is remarkable. Still, I'm sorry to say, this is and was one of the most boring online shooter I've ever played, with tons of bad concepts that turns the game into a camping race, weapons that are hardly worth your time (I even forgot the challenges...maybe a good thing?), and "technically" one mode, since most of the maps aren't well though for being anything else except Free-for-All. It's sad that I had to give this low score: When I heard of this game, I started to be curious and eventually I played, but to this day my question remains, and I doubt it will ever get answered, and now that there's Mw3 in the corner, and the bad scores it received, I guess my question might turn into this: "Why?". Expand
  8. Sep 5, 2011
    I really tried to like this, really I did! but once again turned out to be another tiny level console shooter with all it's focus on pushing teenagers egos up with dumb achievements and auto-aim gameplay... Like gingers...this has no soul.
  9. Jun 3, 2011
    Bobby Kotick is a fool! a businessman.He don't like game!He makes COD to be a fast-food!

SP is holy crap,what the fx-ck is it?A vuglar hollywood action film?

MW2's MP is like a COD4 's DLCï¼
  10. Jun 27, 2011
    This game is terrible. Story is ripped and boring, multiplayer without dedicated servers and promod is a complete joke. Don't buy this game and new CoDs too. Get CoD4 with promod - thats the real game.
  11. Jul 14, 2011
    I bought this game on the strength of CoD4, a very strong very gripping well made story with good gameplay mechanics and multiplayer that was balanced with the added bonus of having few people running under maps or hacking my credit card details.

Long story short, THAT was a very good game! Now I do have some good memories of the campaign.....but there are only a few missions I fully

Long story short, THAT was a very good game!

Now I do have some good memories of the campaign.....but there are only a few missions I fully liked, all of which were the American Invasion ones - they were cool, the rest were crap. The whole story idea didn't make much sense although it did look pretty whilst it played out it's retarded story fantasy. Controversy was very weak sauce, they could've done a helluva lot worse with it, I'll be honest, and I completed the game in the space of time it took for the night-vision goggles which came with the expensive version to break (and they broke FAST!)

I tried to play spec ops but having all my friends decide to live on the multiplayer i didn't get much fun from it till I played with one of my thin friends, which was kinda fun.

The multiplayer was absolutely terrible, and it's not just because I'm sh*t at multiplayer pitched against my fellow man as oppose to the pants-on-head retarded AI the game houses, no from a very early stage I realised that I was probably the oldest person on that server and spent most of my time annoying 8-year olds, which to anyone who's done it is fun, but you can't help but feel bad about it. Kinda like when a Frisbee hits an old lady in the face.

Where was I? Oh yeah. The guns are grossly out-balanced, the perks are stupid and I think I offended my friend who I will not name to protect his identity.

So anyway my friend Padda was boasting to me about his endless stream of nukes which seem to only turn people into funny ragdolls and not level a map like they'd do in Bad Company 2, and the only people who cared were all the other CoD fanboys players sounded like they were being turned on by the thought of a throbbing nuke pounding them and I'm digressing here.

Anyway, MW2 wasn't a great game but it's very very good when used as a door stopper...or a cup coaster.
  12. Jul 20, 2011
    An absolutely ridiculous storyline combined with laggy multiplayer choc-full of hackers. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first Modern Warfare, but this game had a more repetetive storyline that isn't nearly as emotional as the first, and basically had the same multiplayer but with crazier killstreaks, more exotic weapons and attachements, and no dedicated servers. Which basically meansAn absolutely ridiculous storyline combined with laggy multiplayer choc-full of hackers. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first Modern Warfare, but this game had a more repetetive storyline that isn't nearly as emotional as the first, and basically had the same multiplayer but with crazier killstreaks, more exotic weapons and attachements, and no dedicated servers. Which basically means that the only mod is when the matchmaker puts you in a black and white 'this class only' server that you can't get out of without a window popping up saying 'are you sure?'. Also, a question to Infinity Ward - How did Brazilian mlitia who wear cheap jackets get a tactical nuke? And how is a nuke tactical?' Expand
  13. Jul 30, 2011
    The single player is ok, it took me around 7 hours to complete although that was largely due to me messing around a lot. The multiplayer.... well, I did have a massive long rant written out, but instead I'm just going to summarise the good points and the bad points, and maybe have a little rant (but it still won't do justice to how bad this game is). Pros: some of the new weapons, perksThe single player is ok, it took me around 7 hours to complete although that was largely due to me messing around a lot. The multiplayer.... well, I did have a massive long rant written out, but instead I'm just going to summarise the good points and the bad points, and maybe have a little rant (but it still won't do justice to how bad this game is). Pros: some of the new weapons, perks and killstreaks are fun; The game is actually really great if you find a game with team players, no noobs, no lag, and no hackers. Cons: Some of the weapons are really, REALLY overpowered (Akimbo G18s, Noobtubes with Danger Close and One Man Army); Maximum of 18 players, and that's only in a game mode where you randomly play TDM and Domination games(and you will see someone using a hack at least once per day in this game mode); No dedicated servers (peer hosted games with matchmaking by IWNet instead); If you're in a party with a friend, don't be surprised if one of you is put into a game while the other is not, or that you both end up in different games entirely; The "lean" function is no longer in the game; There is no console, you cannot change the FoV; There is no mod support; No map voting; No kick voting; No spectating to see if someone's using a hack; It looks like a console port (no control over any feature, you can't even view your ping); VAC takes ages to do anything(I mean weeks, not minutes) IF it ever actually does anything at all(I've seen no evidence of anybody I've seen using a hack ever receiving a ban); You'll sometimes find yourself dead because either: your hits did not register; You will have multiple hits register but somehow the person will not die; or You will shoot them and the hits will register, but the killcam will show you not firing at all; All 3 of the above can also occur when using the knife; You will probably never find a game with team players, no noobs, no lag, and no hackers. From my own experience of IWNet I compiled the following statistics over a 7 week period: Attempts to join a game: 1145
    Successful joins: 793 (69.26%)
    Games that are so laggy they are unplayable: 66 (8.32%)
    Games that have been hacked/are bugged so nobody can move: 11 (1.39%)
    Games that end within a few seconds of joining: 28 (3.53%)
    Games with 1 or more definite hackers (wallhacks, aimbots, etc. Only counting games where the killcam proved they were using a hack, so the real figure WILL be more than this): 120 (15.13%)
    Games that appear to be none of the above: 568 (49.61% of attempts to join a game)

IWNet promised to be lag and hacker free gaming, yet only actually seems to provide this at most less than 50% of the time. If you're thinking about a mutiplayer fps, consider CoD4 or World At War, but definitely not MW2.
  14. Jul 30, 2011
    What is this. What the **** is this. WHAT. THE. **** IS. THIS. This is terrible. Activision and infinty ward need to quit making games and stop breathing. Also, I barf'd
  15. Aug 8, 2011
    noob tubes, failed perks, glitchy maps, terrible spawn points. Prone to bugs, hacks and glitches. Next time infinity ward, don't scrap your games together. I'm playing Halo
  16. Dec 11, 2011
    MW2 was OK. But it has it's flaws. still- there are hackers on the Multiplayer servers, making that pointless to play. Second of all, the perks in Multiplayer are pretty rigged, like jump 50 stories without losing any health.. etc. Third of all, the campaign was shorter than Call of Duty 4's, which was pretty sad. The only sort-of good part was Spec Ops, but other than that, it reallyMW2 was OK. But it has it's flaws. still- there are hackers on the Multiplayer servers, making that pointless to play. Second of all, the perks in Multiplayer are pretty rigged, like jump 50 stories without losing any health.. etc. Third of all, the campaign was shorter than Call of Duty 4's, which was pretty sad. The only sort-of good part was Spec Ops, but other than that, it really wasn't that good. Expand
  17. Sep 24, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was as I might say it, "fun while it lasted". I personally found it to be too similar to some of the other Call of Duty games with next to no new content. The single player was reasonable yet exceptionally short, and very linear. The location of the respawn points in multiplayer were hideously placed as people tend to spawn behind and very close to where youCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was as I might say it, "fun while it lasted". I personally found it to be too similar to some of the other Call of Duty games with next to no new content. The single player was reasonable yet exceptionally short, and very linear. The location of the respawn points in multiplayer were hideously placed as people tend to spawn behind and very close to where you spawned. As well as the accurate shooting while moving? It is simply unrealistic! I played through the game once and found it boring forever afterwards. The replay value is a fat zero, and the multiplayer is a waste of time. Hopefully the sequel will be better. If not, I have no intention of spending my hard earned money on it. Expand
  18. Sep 24, 2011
    the game is amazing i just hate the anti gamepad. On MW3 it should be gamepad friendly from what ive heard why not make MW2 gamepad friendly till then i mean its easier to play with and you dont have to contort your hands and fingers to hit certain buttons plus the game pad is healthier on the fingers and hands. Treyarch was smart on black ops for the gamepad availability only if infinitythe game is amazing i just hate the anti gamepad. On MW3 it should be gamepad friendly from what ive heard why not make MW2 gamepad friendly till then i mean its easier to play with and you dont have to contort your hands and fingers to hit certain buttons plus the game pad is healthier on the fingers and hands. Treyarch was smart on black ops for the gamepad availability only if infinity ward could get some tips their games then would be more amazing Expand
  19. Sep 28, 2011
    59 USD for an HD (not-so) polished version of VirtruaCop and Quake 3 TDM bundled together. What's the point? Activision is more and more autocracy these days. If you remember why they've cut Bizarre Creations and Guitar Heroes, the reason is that they cannot print cash like CODMW2. And the PC version is also lame because they think PC suxs. Well, even alternateIWnet is better than official59 USD for an HD (not-so) polished version of VirtruaCop and Quake 3 TDM bundled together. What's the point? Activision is more and more autocracy these days. If you remember why they've cut Bizarre Creations and Guitar Heroes, the reason is that they cannot print cash like CODMW2. And the PC version is also lame because they think PC suxs. Well, even alternateIWnet is better than official service. To hell with you, Activision: sitting on too much cash and humiliating your consumer, that is why you will die. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2011
    Firstly I just want to note the P2P was the worst possible direction that could have possibly been taken with the Call of Duty franchise on PC. It is utter crap, as you may have gathered from other comments. The MP is a serious step down in quality from MW1, where infantry rained supreme in the previous installment, killstreak rewards from the new collection rain down OP and turning theFirstly I just want to note the P2P was the worst possible direction that could have possibly been taken with the Call of Duty franchise on PC. It is utter crap, as you may have gathered from other comments. The MP is a serious step down in quality from MW1, where infantry rained supreme in the previous installment, killstreak rewards from the new collection rain down OP and turning the game into a giant camp-fest as players try to rack up kills and use those OP rewards to rack up even more. The 25kill-Nuke is a terrible decision that actually encourages camping further. Weapons variety isn't lacking , that's for sure, but there are just too many that haven't been balanced properly and that coupled with the horrible Commando perk-WOW, expect to be frustrated time and time again. The removal of lean hasn't bothered me and the new gadgets are great fun especially on the new maps (on which I feel the lack of 6 players-HINT). The SP is amazingly well executed, sure it has a ridiculous premise and overboard set-pieces, but the level design and atmosphere make up for this, coupled with an amazing audio track and great voice acting, you get an incredibly immersive world with pretty-good graphics with memorable moments and situations. But unfortunately as an MP game fails by CoD standards. It is a serious step down from MW1 in quality and balance. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2012
    After COD4 this was a great evolution to the series. The game was beautiful and responsive. It was perfect at the time.... that is until the hackers took over which took all of a couple days. After that it was totally unplayable. While I recognize the game and game mechanics were very good, I can not give a high score for a game the publishers didn't even bother to protect against theAfter COD4 this was a great evolution to the series. The game was beautiful and responsive. It was perfect at the time.... that is until the hackers took over which took all of a couple days. After that it was totally unplayable. While I recognize the game and game mechanics were very good, I can not give a high score for a game the publishers didn't even bother to protect against the rampant hacking. It ended up being a waste of money, when it could have been an all time favorite. Expand
  22. Jan 3, 2012
    As a PC gamer, it is my obligation to give this game a poor rating. Its primary redeeming quality, the non-stop, action-packed, high-octane multiplayer is hampered by the worst thing a dev--nay, a publisher can do to a video game: restrict it. No dedicated servers, no community content, no community content, no balanced games, no instant justice for hackers, no vote mechanic. MultiplayerAs a PC gamer, it is my obligation to give this game a poor rating. Its primary redeeming quality, the non-stop, action-packed, high-octane multiplayer is hampered by the worst thing a dev--nay, a publisher can do to a video game: restrict it. No dedicated servers, no community content, no community content, no balanced games, no instant justice for hackers, no vote mechanic. Multiplayer was fun, but quickly went down the tubes to EA-knows-where and somehow still came off to them as a good idea, probably because of the console ragetard slaves. Oh, and there's no console. Swallow that pill, PC gamer. Single player, though, is fun but yet another shining example of the modern culture we live in where killing is good as long as they're not Americans or children, nobody takes prisoners, and one-to-four men can take out waves of attacking soldiers Hollywood-style. Co-op is very fun if you've got a friend in mind, so if you're planning on torrenting it, just buy it on sale for that part. Expand
  23. Feb 3, 2012
    Single player (too short) is ok, but multi (WTF?!) is terrible. No Dedicated servers, mods, can't change maps, too expensive, casual **** I'm very disappointed on this game. COD4 is better.
  24. Feb 22, 2012
    Single player: 7
    Fun and exciting but too short, ~6 hours Multiplayer: 1
    Single player: 7
    Fun and exciting but too short, ~6 hours Multiplayer: 1
    The servers are filled with noob tubers and people who just run and knife everyone, which I admit is actually pretty fun. Unfortunately, you can't select what map you want to play so you end up playing the same maps all the time. Connecting to a lobby takes quite a while and when you finally find one you are just as likely to get disconnected as you are to actually load the map and play. Most of the time you are quite lucky to play three maps in the same lobby before it disconnects you again. And if you like playing with friends one of you will get disconnected 95% of the time. Most of the "servers" have a fair amount of lag and you WILL run across at least one hacker every hour. Also $15 map packs, seriously? Activision and IW are fail and are just milking the COD cow because consumers buy into hype and "pretty" graphics, I know I did.
  25. Apr 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Steam shame on YOU ! ! !, this game sucks, just hackers and cheaters!.
    The Steam plays with the users with its anti-cheat system, this game died because he has no dedicated servers, this is why there are many hackers in the game. There is no respect and Steam does nothing! ... My money ever again!...
  26. Apr 22, 2013
    Horrible game. Maybe once good, but has too many issues and most of them were there when it came out.
    First we have the short campaign, where in normal you can take 5 soldiers firing at you with smgs for 45 seconds. Why use cover, you regen before you even get behind it anyway. Dumb AI, just blocks doors and hardly does anything not scripted. (under cover 90% of every fight).
    Then we

Then we have the multiplayer. First day-1 issue, SMALL FRICKEN MAPS. Okay, I get it, its not a battlefield map, who friggen cares. The smallest map is literally 30 feet long, with hardly any cover. The biggest, the size of a baseball field, and a kids smalltown baseball field, 30m down, 30m across. 2nd issue, hackers. I literally played for 7 hours, got past level 20, (i forgot) than killed a hacker, instantly prestiged, lost all my stuff and the thrill of earning items by myself. Stupid game, horrible multiplayer. The game gets patched once every 3-6 months. It takes hackers 2 hours to torrent a new Mw2 game, than there back in action.
  27. Oct 9, 2012
    single player: literally no challenge, you can play it (even on veteran) in 2 hours or so
    co-ops: nothing special

multiplayer: this is the most offensive thing about this game, they abandon the servers a long time ago, the dlc maps, the community is awful etc

one just for the time invested playing this game, never again.
  28. Nov 24, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games I ever played: graphics are outdated, gameplay is not innovative and longevity is shameful. This is just like an expansion of a game which was out on November 2007, Call of Duty 4. * GRAPHICS - Bad: graphics are the same as the MW ones. We are talking about a game which was out on November 2009, which means that Crysis was out twoCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games I ever played: graphics are outdated, gameplay is not innovative and longevity is shameful. This is just like an expansion of a game which was out on November 2007, Call of Duty 4. * GRAPHICS - Bad: graphics are the same as the MW ones. We are talking about a game which was out on November 2009, which means that Crysis was out two years ago, now compare the graphics between these two games. Shameful. * GAMEPLAY - Very bad: almost the same as any other Call of Duty. Nothing new, nothing innovative, nothing good, just a very slow and very boring gameplay. · LONGEVITY - Very, very, very bad: the single player can be completed in four hours. Usually, people complete it in two days on the first two difficulty modes and in max. one week on Veteran difficulty. * SINGLE PLAYER: Mediocre - If we did not care about longevity, the Single player would be pretty good. * MULTIPLAYER: Bad-mediocre - Nothing innovative, it is not as open as Quake's or Warsow's one. Please avoid this game. Expand
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  30. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is overstimulating and bland at the same time. The campaign is terrible, though mercifully short. It plays like one of those popup arcade shooters except your camera can move. The multiplayer is not painful to play, but it is full of hackers and not very interesting.
  31. Dec 1, 2013
    No dedicated servers....no leaning....no camping....no strategy....certain guns are just plain unrealistic...heavy machine guns are completely useless in this game....grenade launcher spammage=easy kills. Did I mention no dedicated servers? Meaning there are no mods for this game. There are no online communities. I don't even remember being able to choose the freaking map I wanted to playNo dedicated servers....no leaning....no camping....no strategy....certain guns are just plain unrealistic...heavy machine guns are completely useless in this game....grenade launcher spammage=easy kills. Did I mention no dedicated servers? Meaning there are no mods for this game. There are no online communities. I don't even remember being able to choose the freaking map I wanted to play on. You just enter a session and get randomly paired up with others for the next map in the mode. Bless the hackers....the only times I had fun with this game was when people hacked the servers and changed gravity settings and made everything badass like you could back in cod2. There is no skill required for multiplayer. You can run around like a cheetah and just 1 hit knife people without breaking a sweat....no aim required! What an utter piece of trash. This is unacceptable...multiplayer like this belongs on the consoles and only on the consoles. It's all about running forward and shooting the thing in front of you. The maps are so boring and predictable.....there's no chokepoints or strategy at all here. The only defense in this game is a good offense. The portable turret defenses are a joke and don't kill anything. The actual gun turrets you can man at certain points on the map are self pronounced death traps. You can turn them basically 15 degrees each direction.....making them absolutely useless unless the enemy is standing right infront of you. Plus they do terrible damage and require a warmup and cooldown? The hell?! Total crap. Any heavy machine guns in this game are crap. There's no cap on respawning....you just die respawn....die respawn. The respawn points are always changing...your team will be spawning on one side of the map the first few minutes then you and the enemy will switch spawn points. Spawn Killing has been eliminated completely with this....if you played cod2 NOT mw2 you will recall the brilliant moments where a team that was ruthlessly kicking arse would be rewarded by pinning down the opposition to a specific area and getting tons of kills. This is the worst pc 1st person shooter I have ever played. AVOID THIS AND ANY FUTURE COD TITLES! I went from cod lover to absolute hater. Cod2 I'd give a 9/10 so much fun. codmw2? 2/10 Expand
  32. Oct 25, 2013
    DONT BUY THIS HACKED PIECE OF SH1T. 85% You will end up playing with subhumans. No wonder the sells were good when 1 out of 3 had to buy an new copy to cheat. Buy COD4 or World at War. At least there you wont be put into an position where you bend over and take it like a little b1tch.
  33. Dec 21, 2013
    Dull very dull. The game play is one of the worse I've ever seen offering at least on single player nothing but its couple hour story. The story is very bad nothing surprises or makes you even the least bit sad. Multipalyer is were all the money goes into but its no different from MW1 or MW3. If you must buy a Call of Duty game buy Black Ops 2.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.