4.0

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Dumbed down for casual gamers, not worth it

This game feels more like an interactive movie. Unfortunately, all FPS games these days feel the same way.
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    Modern Warfare 2 is the sequel to the first Call of Duty Modern Warfare who managed to be a revolutionary shooter. The game is produced as the first of Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The first game in the series was simply perfect, but the second failed to be quite so good as some reviews say. The story is not perfect, but it seems for little kids, I would say more but it wouldModern Warfare 2 is the sequel to the first Call of Duty Modern Warfare who managed to be a revolutionary shooter. The game is produced as the first of Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The first game in the series was simply perfect, but the second failed to be quite so good as some reviews say. The story is not perfect, but it seems for little kids, I would say more but it would be ok to not give spoilers. The gameplay is simply awesome, the game uses the same graphics engine just improved. Graphics is also improved and bring great pleasure over the campaign. Game sound is ok, as well as those who have contributed voice acting. In conclusion the game worth playing, it is a good FPS. Expand
  3. Dec 6, 2014
    MW2 is a decent game with an engaging story and satisfying gameplay. However, the multiplayer has a multitude of issues. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - fantastic, and runs well even on low-end rig 2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls and satisfying gameplay as the original MW 3. Story: 7/10 - engaging and interesting story, but rather unrealistic 4. Multiplayer: 4/10 -

1. Graphics: 8/10 - fantastic, and runs well even on low-end rig
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls and satisfying gameplay as the original MW
    3. Story: 7/10 - engaging and interesting story, but rather unrealistic
    4. Multiplayer: 4/10 - not competitive or fun due to significant lag and hacks

Overall, great game.
  4. Dec 2, 2014
    Great graphic and great sounds, music ( I really love Hans's OST ). Most important thing is story. I used to play FPS for shooting and destroying. This game have all of these, I can release my stress with it. but story is also awesome. I really love this story. It seems like well made Hollywood movie. More them five years passed since it was came out but still, it is a best game of my life .
  5. Nov 11, 2014
    MW2 was the beginning of the end for Call of Duty. This is when they stopped caring about PC gamers. This game is possibly the worst PC port I have ever played.

Theres nothing more to say than that, other than that you should avoid it like the plague.
  6. Nov 10, 2014
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. A little while back, I reviewed this game's prequel (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), which I hated at first, but then loved the next time I played it. It was an insanely fun action game that must be experienced, in particular for its single player. Its multiplayer was good too, but I couldn't help but feel like it was missing something. Eventually, ICall of Duty Modern Warfare 2. A little while back, I reviewed this game's prequel (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), which I hated at first, but then loved the next time I played it. It was an insanely fun action game that must be experienced, in particular for its single player. Its multiplayer was good too, but I couldn't help but feel like it was missing something. Eventually, I decided that I wanted to play its sequel, so I downloaded it off of Steam this weekend. So, does this game improve upon its predecessor enough to make me love it, or is Call of Duty 4 really the last good Call of Duty? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessor. It is a first-person shooter that has both single player and multiplayer modes of play. There is also a cooperative gameplay mode this time around, but most of the missions in it are the same as those of the single player, just with one extra player. In Call of Duty 4, I preferred the single player over the multiplayer. I went back to play missions from the single player in Call of Duty 4 more times than I can count. This time however, it is the exact opposite. Here, I prefer the multiplayer over the single player. The single player in this game is a continuation that picks up five years after the events of the previous game, and it is insanely fun to play through, like just about all of the early Call of Duty campaigns. However, there are two major problems that hold this game's campaign back. For one thing, the campaign is once again too short. I completed it in only five hours. Another problem with this game's campaign is that its story is terrible. It is so convoluted and hard to follow, that I am always confused as to what is happening. That did not stop me from loving the campaign from start to finish, but that was only because it was insanely fun to play through, and not because of the story. As for the multiplayer, I feel like this is where all of the effort in making this game an amazing game went into. The multiplayer of this game is actually better than the single player this time around. Not only is this game's multiplayer better than Call of Duty 4's in every way, it is one of the best multiplayer games I have ever played. It really is that good. After playing this game's multiplayer enough, I finally realized what Call of Duty 4 was missing in its multiplayer. There were not enough different kill streak rewards, perks, weapons, and other features. To tell you the truth, after playing this game's multiplayer, I honestly felt like Call of Duty 4's multiplayer was just a beta version of this. This game's multiplayer is much more fleshed out, and it also added Capture the Flag, the one mode that I felt was missing from Call of Duty 4. Overall, the single player of this game may not be as good as Call of Duty 4's, but the multiplayer more than makes up for this. This game is worth playing for its multiplayer alone. As for the graphics, this game also looks fantastic. They are not the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game, but they do look very good nonetheless. This game pushes its engine to the limits of its graphical potential. All of the environments and character models are rich with detail and very pretty to look at. Overall, this game's graphics are every bit as awesome as its gameplay. This game also has really good presentation. On a high-end gaming PC, this game could look fantastic. However, there are some troubles with the endlessly respawning enemies in single player. I have never really had a problem with these in the past, however, this time I can't help but feel like there are too many. I honestly have had a lot of trouble dealing with this many enemies coming at me at once, and I did not have this trouble in any of the previous Call of Duties. However, this is just a minor complaint compared to how good the single player really is. Overall, this game has excellent presentation. Overall, this is a fantastic game, especially for multiplayer. What most people are wondering is if this game is better than the original Modern Warfare. I would say yes for the multiplayer, but no for the single player. The single player of this game is still really enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as the previous game's. I recommend this game especially to those who love a good first person shooter, action game, or multiplayer game.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  7. Nov 5, 2014
    Nevjerovatno koliko je ova igra ispred svih pucacina u svom vremenu...
    Grafika, prica, misije, animacije, oruzja, igra postavlja nove standarde.......
  8. Oct 31, 2014
    Beste call of duty ever made (equal to mw1) great si singleplayer and co op, fantastic multiplayer so much fun and the mods are great too! 10/10 masterpiece :D
  9. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm not much of a fan of Call of Duty, but this game, and its predecessor, stands out to me. I did enjoy the singleplayer, start to finish, and I replayed it several times going for the Veteran difficulty run. The multiplayer? Meh. I see tons of reviews bashing the community (which is horrible), but that's not the game's fault, so no points taken off for that. Balance, however, is a majorI'm not much of a fan of Call of Duty, but this game, and its predecessor, stands out to me. I did enjoy the singleplayer, start to finish, and I replayed it several times going for the Veteran difficulty run. The multiplayer? Meh. I see tons of reviews bashing the community (which is horrible), but that's not the game's fault, so no points taken off for that. Balance, however, is a major issue. Most of the players use either the ACR, which literally has perfect accuracy, or an explosive weapon, which have earned their bad reputation. I'll take -2 off for that. And then, the latency issues. Even when my Internet connection is top notch, I still get the occasional 200+ ping while the host has 0. -1 for that. In the graphical sense, it actually strikes a nice balance between graphics and performance, and has given it a reputation of being able to run on nearly anything. I was able to run this on a Pentium core and a Radeon 4550 HD GPU, and the game looked quite good. If you are a fan of Call of Duty, get this game, but not for the multiplayer. Expand
  10. Aug 29, 2014
    I had Modern Warfare 2 on the 360 back in the day and after putting that back in the box and craving some decent Call of Duty; I had to turn to MW2 on Steam. I picked it up in the sale for £10 and whilst I was a bit apprehensive about hackers and a low player count; this game still oozes the brilliance that it once did. I have played several matches so far and have yet to see a hacker. TheI had Modern Warfare 2 on the 360 back in the day and after putting that back in the box and craving some decent Call of Duty; I had to turn to MW2 on Steam. I picked it up in the sale for £10 and whilst I was a bit apprehensive about hackers and a low player count; this game still oozes the brilliance that it once did. I have played several matches so far and have yet to see a hacker. The community is small but still bigger than Ghosts and the lobbies are thriving with players enjoying themselves on this game still. It's great to see.

For all its problems, MW2 is still one of the most enjoyable and memorable multiplayer games ever created. If you love nostalgia and are fed up of what COD has become in recent outings; this game is an absolute must. I am still weary about hackers but old exploits and issues with the game are seriously outweighed by the general fun and slick performance.

Ghosts and the new/fake IW created an absolute pitiful excuse of a COD game but MW2 still stands strides ahead in every department. I regret not buying this sooner and wasting so many hours on the latest dreadful installment. The old IW left behind a glorious legacy that simply has to be experienced once again. One of my best purchases in a long time.
  11. Jul 22, 2014
    Overall i think it's a very good game. But if you are considering getting it avoid the pc version for the multiplayer as it is pretty much infested with hackers. The single player is really good though.
  12. Jul 8, 2014
    This game had a great potential, but it was ruined by Infinity Ward, Activision and gaming community.
    I have a lot to say, but I'll talk about stuff that really matters.
    Pros: - Nice graphics, sounds and interface. - Funny, entertaining and very addictive multiplayer (without lags, hackers and ragers of course). - If you like camping, noob tubing, and using "noob" and "cheap"
    I have a lot to say, but I'll talk about stuff that really matters.

Pros:
    - Nice graphics, sounds and interface.
    - If you like camping, noob tubing, and using "noob" and "cheap" weapons and tactics (I have nothing against all those things to be honest), then this game is for you.
    - Maps are good.
    - You can't be banned by power hungry admin or votekicked by raging kids in lobbies (hacked ones don't count).
    - Developer console is available.

Cons:
    - Cut content and leftovers. These things are not acceptable for commercial software. Create a content plan before making a game. It's more mature and you'll spend less money and time. For example, if you don't want players to kill ducks (ducks are cute), don't put ducks in your game in any stages of development.
    - Overpriced.
    - Additional maps are also overpriced.
    - Favela map is available for private lobby, but still not in the map rotation. It's a great map and it should return.
    - One of the worst gaming communities. Kids and "adults" whos vocabulary is limited to "lol noob your stupid you're mum (mom) lol" and who rage and cry over being "unfairly" killed.
    - Hackers and hacked lobbies.
    - No dedicated servers.
    - Steam only.
    - Infinity Ward and Activision don't bother to fix their game and don't care about players.
    - Clichéd and ridiculous singleplayer story. Just another "tacticool operators from US and Europe vs evil-doers from developing countries" nonsense.
    - Lags, errors and glitches are daily routine.
    - You can't lean.
    - Sometimes it takes forever to find a lobby.
    - Modding is possible, but most mods are hacks and sometimes custom textures.
    - Respawning enemies in singleplayer.
    - Health regeneration.
    - Unrealistic and incorrectly portrayed weapons.
    - No semi-auto fire mode on selective fire weapons, no usable bipods, laser sights and binoculars in multiplayer.
    - Shotguns (except KAC Masterkey) have unrealistic range and you can't hit anything beyond 20 meters or 65.6 feet.
    - Shotguns and "machine pistols" are secondary weapons.
    - No weapons (M1A1 Carbine), maps (Crossfire), and characters (MacMillan) from previous games.
    - No weapons from singleplayer (Springfield Armory Custom Professional 1911-A1, SVD and Winchester Model 1200).
    - Just like in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, almost no one bothers to shoot down enemy heli or AC-130, so you have to switch on your anti-aircraft loadout (class) or play with it often if you do care about teamwork.
    - Broken sound suppressors (Beretta 92SB, Heckler & Koch MG4 and M240B) and sights (Desert Eagle Mark XIX, Tavor TAR-21, FN F2000 and Heckler & Koch MG4). They should have been fixed years ago.
    - M240B (7.62x51 mm NATO/.308 Winchester) is less powerful than Steyr AUG variant (5.56x45 mm NATO/.223 Remington).
    - Russian version is absolutely horrible (thanks 1C).
    - Russian voices ("Бросаю стан-гранату", "Меняю обойму-магазин", "Он ещё дергАется") and texts ("Охотник утки", "Палата безграничности", "Толчок, чтобы открыться") in the original game make me (native Russian speaker) feel ashamed. Yes, my English is not perfect, but I think publishers like Activision can afford professional translators and voice-over artists if they care about their own product.
    - Poor chicks are trapped in cages. Put there hackers instead.

Verdict: broken and half-finished game. Do not buy.
  13. Jul 1, 2014
    Nowadays, almost every PC server for this game and other COD games are hacked. It's horrible. Now, this game was decent when it cam out, but now, with some many hackers, it's really hard to enjoy. Your better off playing this on Xbox 360 or PS3. My score would have been 8/10... but hackers now... So, 5/10 for the time spent trying to find a normal server.
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    You wouldn't believe me if I said this was the best multiplayer FPS. The amount of stupidity and fun I had in this was overwhelming, despite all of the problems it had.
  15. Jun 5, 2014
    Oh Modern Warfare 2, I have such a love/hate relationship with you that I sometimes wish that you didn't have the problems that you have. Lets begin with the campaign, pretty good, it had its awesome moments like the cod4 one did, although the story did seem a little confusing it was pretty good. Spec Ops it basically the Co-op version of the campaign that tries to be infinity wardsOh Modern Warfare 2, I have such a love/hate relationship with you that I sometimes wish that you didn't have the problems that you have. Lets begin with the campaign, pretty good, it had its awesome moments like the cod4 one did, although the story did seem a little confusing it was pretty good. Spec Ops it basically the Co-op version of the campaign that tries to be infinity wards answer to zombies but it isn't quite as memorable so I don't really need to get into much detail about it. But what I do need to get into much detail about is the multiplayer, because dear god do I have mixed feelings about it. First off the balance in the game is horrible, One man army noob tubes, danger close, commando, you name it. Secondly there are no dedicated servers and instead we get this crappy ass host based matchmaking system that was made for consoles and is a HUGE downgrade to cod4. Plus your FOV (field of view) is locked at a puny 65 degrees for both single player and multiplayer, I highly recommend an FOV changer cause you will feel like you are looking through a pair of goggles. Plus the game is FULL of hacked lobbies and some of them give you everything in the game and instantly bump you up to level 70 which decreases its replay value drastically. But there are also some good things about the game. More weapon variety, pro perks, new unlockables such as titles and emblems which increases the games replay-ability, and amazing maps such as Terminal, Rust, Highrise, Scrapyard, Skidrow and tons of other great maps. Oh and did I mention the killstreaks are fun as hell to use. Overall Modern Warfare 2 is a good game, but there are huge things that hold it back from fantastic and it is definitively an overrated game. But does that make it bad? No, no it does not. So I recommend you buy this game, you will definitively get some fun out of it. Just play it at your own risk cause sometimes its very rage inducing. Expand
  16. Apr 25, 2014
    This game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that theThis game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that the next one will sell in a year. Expand
  17. Mar 19, 2014
    Amazing campaign. I wanna run it again and again and again. The multiplayer is great too by the way. And maybe the graphics aren't so nice, but who notices those little details anyway, the gameplay is terrific.
  18. Mar 4, 2014
    Despite the plot is very good, the game is pathetic. Maps are made in this way, that when I played I felt like in a tube. Feeling of shooting is awful. Graphic is the same like in the prequel. It is worse than free-to-play game's. I think the first CoD's multiplayer was better, because there were vehicles. All in all is extremely horrible. I definitely don't recommend this game.
  19. Feb 13, 2014
    I played every COD series over 100 hours.
    MW2 is not the best of the series. The level of completion is not so high.
    But it gave me lots of fun. More than other series.
    I still think MW2's multi-player is the best among the series.
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    In its prime MW2 was Amazing, With friends it could of been the best fun you have ever had playing a PC game. But from 2010-2012 many hackers, Quickscopers and noob tubers made the game frustrating. Nowdays the game is still populated decetly and most of the Hackers have moved on to more recent cods. In 2009 i would of highly reccomended this game, But now you would probably not enjoyIn its prime MW2 was Amazing, With friends it could of been the best fun you have ever had playing a PC game. But from 2010-2012 many hackers, Quickscopers and noob tubers made the game frustrating. Nowdays the game is still populated decetly and most of the Hackers have moved on to more recent cods. In 2009 i would of highly reccomended this game, But now you would probably not enjoy getting killed over and over if your a lvl 1. If you can find it for a cheap price buy it, if not maybe buy a recent shooter. Expand
  21. Jan 17, 2014
    After playing the COD4 campaign, MW2's campaign just continued delivering. I loved the whole Cpt. Price and Soap story (etc) on these two games until MW3 hit but we do not speak of that here.
    So yup, singleplayer amazing. The multiplayer however.....
    So yup, singleplayer amazing. The multiplayer however.....
    Dear Infinity Ward, if you're going to release an FPS game with both a singleplayer and a multiplayer in it please finish the multiplayer before you release the game. The MP was absolutely terrible until the very second i stopped playing the game. So at the release, you had these 1887 akimbo runners everywhere with their shotguns apparently having a bullet range of a mile, or you had g18 runners with an extreme fire rate and incredible damage made the game unplayable. Alot of other guns were unbalanced as well, and the random matchmaking system was a terrible idea (yet it is still used in post-released cods somehow?) as I found the server picking system from COD4 being a much more pleasing system.
    No server picking system = No modding. No modding = Nothing to do outside the MP already lined up by the devs. Trickshotters and QSers ruined the SnD gametype, which is/was one of my most favourite gametypes.
    In conclusion:

SP: 10/10. MP: 0/10.
  22. Jan 5, 2014
    Honestly regardless of what people say MW2 is the best CoD out there, people say they had bad experiences with MW2 online..well if that's the case go play a Treyarch version "Black ops series". Then you will have the true definition of fail. Infinity Ward is the better developer of the two companies that battle back and forth developing the CoD series. I'm willing to bet that most peopleHonestly regardless of what people say MW2 is the best CoD out there, people say they had bad experiences with MW2 online..well if that's the case go play a Treyarch version "Black ops series". Then you will have the true definition of fail. Infinity Ward is the better developer of the two companies that battle back and forth developing the CoD series. I'm willing to bet that most people are not even aware of that, Treyarch gives Infinity Ward a bad name. Infinity Wards games; "MW1" "MW2" "MW3" are far better than any of Treyarch's "Black ops series" hands down. I have been playing CoD since the very first release several years ago back in the WW2 era of CoD. Most people didn't even start playing until the first CoD 4 Modern Warfare came out, the overall feel of MW2 is great, the physics are great, graphics sound are great. I feel that the multiplayer is very well balanced online, if it ran like then maybe your pc isn't up to spec?..if you bash the game saying its unfair or unbalanced maybe you should switch up your tactics a bit instead of raging around looking for that kill?..I have never had any issues playing this online..I always had a blast. I'm clearly reviewing this from a quality aspect..how well the game play is designed, how well the game is structured. Bottom line MW2 to this day is still one of the best CoD games to this day. Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2014
  24. Dec 25, 2013
    It comes as a total surprise to me that MW 2 is a bit disappointing. New twists at the end of the game were far fro enough to make up for a weak, predictable plot. Regarding campaign, it was so short that i finished it within only a couple of hours. However, I am still a fan of Infinity Ward and I enjoy playing Call Of Duty.
  25. Dec 21, 2013
    Dull very dull. The game play is one of the worse I've ever seen offering at least on single player nothing but its couple hour story. The story is very bad nothing surprises or makes you even the least bit sad. Multipalyer is were all the money goes into but its no different from MW1 or MW3. If you must buy a Call of Duty game buy Black Ops 2.
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    No dedicated servers....no leaning....no camping....no strategy....certain guns are just plain unrealistic...heavy machine guns are completely useless in this game....grenade launcher spammage=easy kills. Did I mention no dedicated servers? Meaning there are no mods for this game. There are no online communities. I don't even remember being able to choose the freaking map I wanted to playNo dedicated servers....no leaning....no camping....no strategy....certain guns are just plain unrealistic...heavy machine guns are completely useless in this game....grenade launcher spammage=easy kills. Did I mention no dedicated servers? Meaning there are no mods for this game. There are no online communities. I don't even remember being able to choose the freaking map I wanted to play on. You just enter a session and get randomly paired up with others for the next map in the mode. Bless the hackers....the only times I had fun with this game was when people hacked the servers and changed gravity settings and made everything badass like you could back in cod2. There is no skill required for multiplayer. You can run around like a cheetah and just 1 hit knife people without breaking a sweat....no aim required! What an utter piece of trash. This is unacceptable...multiplayer like this belongs on the consoles and only on the consoles. It's all about running forward and shooting the thing in front of you. The maps are so boring and predictable.....there's no chokepoints or strategy at all here. The only defense in this game is a good offense. The portable turret defenses are a joke and don't kill anything. The actual gun turrets you can man at certain points on the map are self pronounced death traps. You can turn them basically 15 degrees each direction.....making them absolutely useless unless the enemy is standing right infront of you. Plus they do terrible damage and require a warmup and cooldown? The hell?! Total crap. Any heavy machine guns in this game are crap. There's no cap on respawning....you just die respawn....die respawn. The respawn points are always changing...your team will be spawning on one side of the map the first few minutes then you and the enemy will switch spawn points. Spawn Killing has been eliminated completely with this....if you played cod2 NOT mw2 you will recall the brilliant moments where a team that was ruthlessly kicking arse would be rewarded by pinning down the opposition to a specific area and getting tons of kills. This is the worst pc 1st person shooter I have ever played. AVOID THIS AND ANY FUTURE COD TITLES! I went from cod lover to absolute hater. Cod2 I'd give a 9/10 so much fun. codmw2? 2/10 Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2013
    8/10 CoD: MW2 is probably the most fun I had in a Call of Duty game and even FPS in general (singleplayer wise).
    While the campaign is pretty short it is really fun and exciting to play,
    You get to actually adore the characters around you and you also need to think how to get the mission done. Multiplayer isn't really special but it also a great deal of fun, too bad now days it's mostly
    While the campaign is pretty short it is really fun and exciting to play,
    Multiplayer isn't really special but it also a great deal of fun, too bad now days it's mostly filled with hackers.
    I'd say one the best features of the campaign is the different surroundings and like I said the story-line itself.
    Also every Call of Duty game since MW2 is pretty much the same.
    It's not getting a full score because the story is short and linear.
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    The game is initially quite entertaining the singleplayer provides a good 3 hours of linear, interactive movie fun, and the multiplayer gives you a good time waster then you realise the game is filled with annoying players and mechanics which render the game unplayable. The PC version is especially disappointing, with the lack of dedicated servers, lack of an FOV slider which makes theThe game is initially quite entertaining the singleplayer provides a good 3 hours of linear, interactive movie fun, and the multiplayer gives you a good time waster then you realise the game is filled with annoying players and mechanics which render the game unplayable. The PC version is especially disappointing, with the lack of dedicated servers, lack of an FOV slider which makes the game unplayable if you don't want to have a throbbing headache. Just a waste of money, really. Expand
  29. Nov 19, 2013
    I Have all cod games that are available for pc, including the new ghosts. But the best is the Mw2, cause of that unbelievable genius multiplayer. I have played so much games with my clan, that i will remember that game forever. But it's true u can't really play it anymore cause of that damn hackers everywhere.
  30. Nov 13, 2013
  31. Oct 29, 2013
    When playing this I thought, it took a genius to make this. The amazing story line, short, but amazing blew my mind. Every aspect of this game is wonderful. Graphics, gameplay, etc. The multiplayer is a little bumpy though, but everything else is wonderful!
  32. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a solid game, but unfortunately its many annoyances detract from the experience. The single player experience is solid, but most of the game's problems lie in its multiplayer. The lack of dedicated servers is atrocious. You cannot pick maps, you have to manually search every time you want to play and the lag at times can be unbearable. The cheap knife kills also frustrate meThis is a solid game, but unfortunately its many annoyances detract from the experience. The single player experience is solid, but most of the game's problems lie in its multiplayer. The lack of dedicated servers is atrocious. You cannot pick maps, you have to manually search every time you want to play and the lag at times can be unbearable. The cheap knife kills also frustrate me greatly and many of the perks are annoying and stupid. The lack of dedicated servers also means you'll encounter cheaters from time to time as well. Its a shame there are so many problems because the multiplayer experience had the potential to be great. Most of the maps are quite good and the gun mechanics are sound. It just goes to show that lots of little issues can really cripple a game. Expand
  33. Oct 25, 2013
    DONT BUY THIS HACKED PIECE OF SH1T. 85% You will end up playing with subhumans. No wonder the sells were good when 1 out of 3 had to buy an new copy to cheat. Buy COD4 or World at War. At least there you wont be put into an position where you bend over and take it like a little b1tch.
  34. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is filled with 4-13 year olds. NINTENDO YOU GOT ME! TAKE THIS BAD GAME AND THROW ALL OF IT IN THE FIRE. Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  35. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  36. Sep 26, 2013
    Slightly above average gameplay. The campaign does not have interesting stealth or puzzles or any diversions from the "shooting gallery" gameplay. The set-pieces/scenes are extremely predictable (just think "American action film" and you've seen it all before). It does EXACTLY what you could expect, but nothing more. Back in the old days of Medal Of Honor 1, my friends and I were soSlightly above average gameplay. The campaign does not have interesting stealth or puzzles or any diversions from the "shooting gallery" gameplay. The set-pieces/scenes are extremely predictable (just think "American action film" and you've seen it all before). It does EXACTLY what you could expect, but nothing more. Back in the old days of Medal Of Honor 1, my friends and I were so awestruck because nothing like it had never been. It was wildly pioneering in that way. This time around, you've seen 3d shooters before. You've seen the exact same gameplay. I think the game would have to have a more interesting campaign in order to stand out among other games. When it comes to multiplayer, this functionality can entertain you for hours. But I urge you to ask: What do you take from the experience? To me, it's like watching mindless television. It's fun, if you switch off most of what makes you human, but you don't really leave the game wiser about anything. Expand
  37. Sep 21, 2013
    Great game. Loved the storyline, and multiplayer was awesome. Always fun to play, with or without friends. It's a shame that hackers took over and ruined it.
  38. Sep 12, 2013
    Many people may say this is a bad game, but those people never even bought the game so I tend to ignore them. This game is great for many reasons I can start with the story. The story gives you a great cinematic experience that you would normally find off of watching a movie, for example when you run across rooftops with a bunch of terrorists shooting at you and at the last second you jumpMany people may say this is a bad game, but those people never even bought the game so I tend to ignore them. This game is great for many reasons I can start with the story. The story gives you a great cinematic experience that you would normally find off of watching a movie, for example when you run across rooftops with a bunch of terrorists shooting at you and at the last second you jump off to barely make it to a helicopter I think that is pretty cool. The game play is very well done too because of the many perks you can use to own the competition. Game play feels solid and everything is responsive the announcer is awesome when he tells you take over an area or if you are winning in many of the cool game modes. The multi-player servers are nice since they don't have to much lag that often and people say otherwise have not switched off from dial-up. The spec ops well definitely keep you busy as will all the other levels that are in the game. Overall everything seems great, not perfect, but just great. Expand
  39. Sep 5, 2013
    The single-player matters!
    You cannot release a game with a full single-player mode and then say: "It's all about the multi-player". Some people actually don't care about MP so you cannot be a unbiased reviewer and only talk about one part of the game.
    The single-player matters!
    So let's begin with the single-player. It is a complete mess. The AI is beyond stupid, they will just run at you until gunned down. They won't use strategy, they won't use cover, they won't flank or even do much to kill you at all. The sound design makes the guns un-satisfying to use as they lack any real impact.
    The story is your usual "America good. Middle-East terrorist.". It's getting tiresome running around desert-filled streets shooting anything that isn't white. The story is presented in such a bad way that you have to piece together the whole thing by yourself. It took me more than one playthrough to even understand what was going on. Characters don't act realistically so you will never understand their motivations. It seems they came up with a half a dozen set-pieces and just built the story around them.
    In the first Modern Warfare it was shocking when your character died in a nuclear explosion so naturally, they thought that they would try to recreate that in this game. You are killed (as part of the story) about 4 times. I really hope that I misunderstood this because it's not surprising when you do it every 10 minutes.
    And speaking of minutes, there aren't that many in the story. The main campaign might take you 4 or 5 hours. This is unacceptable and absolutely pathetic.
    Alright, multi-player. It's broken. The weapons are so imbalanced that less than a dozen guns are actually used by players and if you try to use anything else you will be mauled to the ground like a baby by a dozen rabid pit-bulls. Rewarding kills with even more ridiculous ways to kill people is just plain stupid. If you are not extremely skilled at this game you will be killed repeatedly by the same guy and when you think you can kill him, he comes back in a chopper. And then he drops a nuke on you. The maps are awfully designed and don't encourage anything other than the run and gun technique. They are way too small and cramped and the amount of players on each server is laughable.
    You also don't have any dedicated servers, you can't kick/ban, you cannot choose maps and so on. The FOV is freaking ridiculous as well and it gives me eye-strain just looking at it for half an hour.
    This game is a mess and Activision must have been sucking off a lot of critics out there to recieve an 86 on Metacritic.
  40. Aug 23, 2013
    It is a tragedy that mw3 has a higher rating than this, mw2 is so much better than mw3 it is not even funny. my only complaint would be that infinity ward doesn't know how to FIX their games
  41. Aug 9, 2013
    Infinity wards "Modern warfare 2" is quite fun the campaign gets repetitive like any other game but the end of the world theme is pretty AWESOME! the fact that the Russians are invading the U.S is heart pumping at times but Russia for the villains is a bit overused for games such as these. IW has added a CO OP option which sets you in places from the campaign and offers a challenge likeInfinity wards "Modern warfare 2" is quite fun the campaign gets repetitive like any other game but the end of the world theme is pretty AWESOME! the fact that the Russians are invading the U.S is heart pumping at times but Russia for the villains is a bit overused for games such as these. IW has added a CO OP option which sets you in places from the campaign and offers a challenge like fighting off a bunch of solders in protective armor with only explosives or fight off hordes of enemy's in a building with you're friend even on veteran difficulty it's pretty fun. And the multiplayer is a mixed bag there is overpowered guns and killstreak and cheap death streaks such as you go into a last stand with you're pistol or when you die you drop a grenade and then there is One man army with it equipped you can switch to a different class at any time is people over use it and attach a grenade launcher on their assault rifle and every time they run out of ammo they switch over to their one man army and equips the SAME CLASS WITH A GRENADE LAUNCHER AND ONE MAN ARMY AND DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN! so would i buy it? yeah you can find it a gamestop for 12 or 11$ Pre Owned. Expand
  42. Aug 9, 2013
    There are small positive sides, but a large negative side on the PC version.
    The single player part is fun, but really short.
    Multiplayer is not working properly and you will be unable to find a game.

My suggestion is that you skip this completely and buy MW3 instead, or buy the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions. These have a working multiplayer with a large fanbase.
  43. Aug 6, 2013
    UN JUEGAZO, PRIMERO POR SER UNA GRAN HISTORIA EN DONDE SE LOGRA APRECIAR LA GRAN CALIDAD DE EFECTOS Y VARIEDAD DE JUEGO Y ARMAS.----------------------
  44. Jul 20, 2013
    There is only one reason why MW2 has 3.9 score, people do not like CoD series. But MW2 deserves better, because this developed CoD's reputation to the top. And after MW2, CoD developers started to make same game every year.
    There must be dedicated servers on Steam in my opinion 'cause there r many cheaters in game.
    But in 2009, this game is really a good for that year.
  45. Jul 19, 2013
    The single player mode is short(4hours).The missions No Russian,Gulag prison and Exodus are awful, but ,all other missions are good.Also,the variety of guns is poor.
    The multiplayer mode is not the best i've seen because:
    1.No kicking/banning 2.You can't choose maps in battles 3.Poor variety of guns for amateurs(lvl 1-30) 4.There is no special lobby for amateurs 5.Respawning close to
    The multiplayer mode is not the best i've seen because:
    1.No kicking/banning
    2.You can't choose maps in battles
    3.Poor variety of guns for amateurs(lvl 1-30)
    4.There is no special lobby for amateurs
    5.Respawning close to campers and enemies
    The Special Ops mode is awesome and the best mode in the game.
  46. Jul 13, 2013
    Great game. The SP and CO-OP was a 10/10 for me, however the MP could have been better with a few patches. The only things I can list that were wrong were -No Dedicated servers -Rocket launcher and noob toobs didn't occupy perk 1 Early launch hackers were plentiful (not too many now) I give the MP a 8/10 purely based on the fact that COD 4 and COD 6 are the only ones I play now. I'dGreat game. The SP and CO-OP was a 10/10 for me, however the MP could have been better with a few patches. The only things I can list that were wrong were -No Dedicated servers -Rocket launcher and noob toobs didn't occupy perk 1 Early launch hackers were plentiful (not too many now) I give the MP a 8/10 purely based on the fact that COD 4 and COD 6 are the only ones I play now. I'd say this is the last good game in the franchise it all went downhill on Black Ops 1. Expand
  47. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means thatAs a fan of earlier call of duty games this will be the last consider buying for sometime. The single player isnt the issue its action packed and has a few decent twists. The Mutlitplayer is another story, the lack of dedicated servers completely kills the game for me and the replacement often send you into rubbish servers. To add insult to injury the amount of DLC for this game means that every other map im kicked out of the server due to a map i haven't bought being up next.....if only there were dedicated servers so i could stick to a server that didn't use the DLC maps.

If i could rate the single player and co-op alone it would receive a 8/10 its a little short but the spec ops makes up for that and some of the challenges and timed events are good fun.
    However the shocking multiplayer which would get a 0/10 drags the whole experience down, if the call of duty games didnt rely so shamelessly on multiplayer to be worth the money they cost maybe i could justify buying them.
  48. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  49. Apr 22, 2013
    Horrible game. Maybe once good, but has too many issues and most of them were there when it came out.
    First we have the short campaign, where in normal you can take 5 soldiers firing at you with smgs for 45 seconds. Why use cover, you regen before you even get behind it anyway. Dumb AI, just blocks doors and hardly does anything not scripted. (under cover 90% of every fight).
    Then we

Then we have the multiplayer. First day-1 issue, SMALL FRICKEN MAPS. Okay, I get it, its not a battlefield map, who friggen cares. The smallest map is literally 30 feet long, with hardly any cover. The biggest, the size of a baseball field, and a kids smalltown baseball field, 30m down, 30m across. 2nd issue, hackers. I literally played for 7 hours, got past level 20, (i forgot) than killed a hacker, instantly prestiged, lost all my stuff and the thrill of earning items by myself. Stupid game, horrible multiplayer. The game gets patched once every 3-6 months. It takes hackers 2 hours to torrent a new Mw2 game, than there back in action.
  50. Apr 2, 2013
    I very highly recommend this game. I think it outclasses most of the other CODs with the exception of Call of Duty BLOPS 2. The online multiplayer is awesome. It features creating a class and kill-streaks for the first time. I feel that you have a lot of options on which classes you can use. The only negative comment that I say is that some guns and things like grenade launchers are wayI very highly recommend this game. I think it outclasses most of the other CODs with the exception of Call of Duty BLOPS 2. The online multiplayer is awesome. It features creating a class and kill-streaks for the first time. I feel that you have a lot of options on which classes you can use. The only negative comment that I say is that some guns and things like grenade launchers are way overpowered and can get frustrating. However, you can do always noob tube too. Overall I give this game a 10 out of 10, because the cons are very minor. Expand
  51. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is overstimulating and bland at the same time. The campaign is terrible, though mercifully short. It plays like one of those popup arcade shooters except your camera can move. The multiplayer is not painful to play, but it is full of hackers and not very interesting.
  52. Feb 28, 2013
    Very cool Multiplayer-Fun!
  53. Feb 14, 2013
    Modern Warfare 2 was an unnecessary sequel as the story had resolved itself in CoD4. But the single-player was enjoyable nonetheless. The graphics are very good, and the game didn't have any performance issues. As for the game's infamous multi-player mode, the weapons were unbalanced and every now and again you'd run into a hacker or a modded lobby. The multi-player was hugely addictive,Modern Warfare 2 was an unnecessary sequel as the story had resolved itself in CoD4. But the single-player was enjoyable nonetheless. The graphics are very good, and the game didn't have any performance issues. As for the game's infamous multi-player mode, the weapons were unbalanced and every now and again you'd run into a hacker or a modded lobby. The multi-player was hugely addictive, it was similar to the one in CoD4, but for some odd reason it was just so much more fun. The maps are fantastic and it was great fun running around with a sniper rifle trying to quick-scope people. Theres also tons of easter eggs in this game of little hiding spots and ways to get on top of maps like on the map 'Karachi' and 'High-rise' there are little ways to get onto roofs that might not have noticed. Overall the game could be frustrating at times and the guns unbalanced, this game was just incredible fun to play and I honestly don't know why. Expand
  54. Feb 9, 2013
    As the first CoD I played I can't say MW2 looks like MW, however I didn't find impressive anyway. The campaign was the most boring I've ever played a 2 line story with no character development and boring missions and environment. Multiplayer was a pain in the ass, getting sniped by campers, being spawnkilled in the back and pawning noobs is not my idea of fun, not to mention the lag TheAs the first CoD I played I can't say MW2 looks like MW, however I didn't find impressive anyway. The campaign was the most boring I've ever played a 2 line story with no character development and boring missions and environment. Multiplayer was a pain in the ass, getting sniped by campers, being spawnkilled in the back and pawning noobs is not my idea of fun, not to mention the lag The only enjoyable part was Spec Ops with my friends and Zimmer's music. Expand
  55. Jan 25, 2013
    I personally think that it is a fun game to play. Sure, sometimes a hacker shows up but then just leave the lobby. There are enough lobby's for me to join on with still about 6k poeple playing. Don't get me wrong, it is not a good game, if you want a FPS that needs skill, go for Counter-Strike or basically anything else on the PC. But it is still fun to play, and nowadays there are next toI personally think that it is a fun game to play. Sure, sometimes a hacker shows up but then just leave the lobby. There are enough lobby's for me to join on with still about 6k poeple playing. Don't get me wrong, it is not a good game, if you want a FPS that needs skill, go for Counter-Strike or basically anything else on the PC. But it is still fun to play, and nowadays there are next to no noobtubers or anything. Still: Overpowered killstreaks, overpowered guns, perks, weapons, attachments, deathstreaks, bonus points and even underpowered guns. Note that I bought it on the Steam sale for 7 euros. Expand
  56. Jan 5, 2013
    A great game on release, it provided hours and hours of more addictive Call of Duty fun after its predecessor. However, the more you play the worse the game gets. By the release of Black Ops the Call of Duty series was tired and lacking in originality. Nowadays Modern Warfare 2 suffers from repeatedly failed releases and is now an utterly pointless past time.
  57. Jan 5, 2013
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 delivers a very unique experience for us,if you like getting killed by 2 bullets and your bullets not getting a hitmarker at all even you aim in front of a enemy,if you like getting "tubed" by users every 4 seconds,if you like getting killed behind 4 walls,then buy it,it's the game for you.
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    The second best fps online shooter of this generation, second only to cod 4. Looking back on this from 2012, mw2 still retains the best graphics and visual design of any call of duty game and that's after three sequels have followed it. It also remains the biggest step forward for the series in terms of innovation since call of duty 4. The campaign is entertaining but is hindered by weakThe second best fps online shooter of this generation, second only to cod 4. Looking back on this from 2012, mw2 still retains the best graphics and visual design of any call of duty game and that's after three sequels have followed it. It also remains the biggest step forward for the series in terms of innovation since call of duty 4. The campaign is entertaining but is hindered by weak characters and the bland mission briefing cutscenes, that were so impressive in its predecessors, just fail to capture any of the emotion or awe that an invasion of the US should invoke in the player. It also has an unsatisfying ending in terms of one of the key villains, but I won't give anything away. Spec ops. is a blast, the highlight for me was playing alongside a friend in the sniper stealth missions ; things can get pretty hairy and teamwork is essential, ensuring that there is plenty of banter and carrying on. But multiplayer online takes the cake and to this day remains my second favourite online multiplayer. My only complaint is that assault rifles tend to rule the day, but thankfully the UMP submachine gun finds a place alongside them. Single Player: 7/10 Spec Ops: 8.5/10 Multiplayer: 9.5/10 Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2012
    Single player is really fun.
    Spec-ops are also fun.
    I usually stay out of multiplayer because of people being people and they ruing the fun. Which in this case is no exception.
    If you don't need to play the multiplayer than it is fun.
  60. Nov 24, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games I ever played: graphics are outdated, gameplay is not innovative and longevity is shameful. This is just like an expansion of a game which was out on November 2007, Call of Duty 4. * GRAPHICS - Bad: graphics are the same as the MW ones. We are talking about a game which was out on November 2009, which means that Crysis was out twoCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games I ever played: graphics are outdated, gameplay is not innovative and longevity is shameful. This is just like an expansion of a game which was out on November 2007, Call of Duty 4. * GRAPHICS - Bad: graphics are the same as the MW ones. We are talking about a game which was out on November 2009, which means that Crysis was out two years ago, now compare the graphics between these two games. Shameful. * GAMEPLAY - Very bad: almost the same as any other Call of Duty. Nothing new, nothing innovative, nothing good, just a very slow and very boring gameplay. · LONGEVITY - Very, very, very bad: the single player can be completed in four hours. Usually, people complete it in two days on the first two difficulty modes and in max. one week on Veteran difficulty. * SINGLE PLAYER: Mediocre - If we did not care about longevity, the Single player would be pretty good. * MULTIPLAYER: Bad-mediocre - Nothing innovative, it is not as open as Quake's or Warsow's one. Please avoid this game. Expand
  61. Nov 6, 2012
    After COD4 this was a great evolution to the series. The game was beautiful and responsive. It was perfect at the time.... that is until the hackers took over which took all of a couple days. After that it was totally unplayable. While I recognize the game and game mechanics were very good, I can not give a high score for a game the publishers didn't even bother to protect against theAfter COD4 this was a great evolution to the series. The game was beautiful and responsive. It was perfect at the time.... that is until the hackers took over which took all of a couple days. After that it was totally unplayable. While I recognize the game and game mechanics were very good, I can not give a high score for a game the publishers didn't even bother to protect against the rampant hacking. It ended up being a waste of money, when it could have been an all time favorite. Expand
  62. Oct 9, 2012
    single player: literally no challenge, you can play it (even on veteran) in 2 hours or so
    co-ops: nothing special

multiplayer: this is the most offensive thing about this game, they abandon the servers a long time ago, the dlc maps, the community is awful etc

one just for the time invested playing this game, never again.
  63. Sep 4, 2012
    Single player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun hereSingle player is extremely short and feels like an interactive Michael Bay movie instead of a game. Multiplayer is a total mess, there are no dedicated servers, you spend more time in lobbies trying to find a game than actually playing it, the respawn system is terrible, the killstreak rewards are way too powerful and the list could go on... I only give it a 3 because I had some fun here and there, but my overall recommendation is: don't even consider buying this game! I was a great fan of the previous CoD titles but with MW2 and MW3 Activision managed to ruin this once great franchise. Expand
  64. Sep 1, 2012
    I am one of the rare CoD players who bought it for the story. I was very disappointed in this story, but the mission variety and interesting things it had you doing ended up redeeming it somewhat. The multiplayer is the same old, same old. The just added more stuff and easier ways to get massive killstreaks. Of course, there is no skill in it at all, but that's what made it fun. Spec opsI am one of the rare CoD players who bought it for the story. I was very disappointed in this story, but the mission variety and interesting things it had you doing ended up redeeming it somewhat. The multiplayer is the same old, same old. The just added more stuff and easier ways to get massive killstreaks. Of course, there is no skill in it at all, but that's what made it fun. Spec ops was a great addition to the frachise and i had a ton of fun playing the large variety of challenges. Expand
  65. Aug 20, 2012
    I see a lot of negative user ratings and gasp. I understand why they exist, but people have to have a level of understanding. The campaign took me about 2 hours to complete, and it's exactly the same gameplay as any other Call of Duty Game (You know, you're in a spot and eliminate the enemies, move on, breach a few doors, infiltrate some secret location for intel, etc.). The Spec OpsI see a lot of negative user ratings and gasp. I understand why they exist, but people have to have a level of understanding. The campaign took me about 2 hours to complete, and it's exactly the same gameplay as any other Call of Duty Game (You know, you're in a spot and eliminate the enemies, move on, breach a few doors, infiltrate some secret location for intel, etc.). The Spec Ops levels were almost addicting as the player strives for high scores so that they can unlock more levels... At times, both the campaign and spec ops can be extremely frustrating, but once you beat it, it's rather satisfying. The visuals throughout the game are impressive and greatly customizable so that they run on low-end PCs and laptops... But then, there's the multiplayer. This is why people are critical of the game on PC. It's highly addicting and very simple. Many skilled gamers find this worthless and a waste of time, but most gamers like the fact that you can get fast, non-stop action without the use of too much skill. However, as in many PC multiplayer games, there are hackers. This is where many negative reviews come in. The hackers are not the fault of the game itself. It's the people who hack that make the game worse. The game itself deserves a high metascore for being an excellent addition to the series. The hackers deserve the lowest metascore possible. If you wish to enjoy the game without worrying about hackers, get yourself a MW2 Config program (search Google) and backup your stats! And, in reality, only about 1 person in 10 lobbies hacks, so that's 9 good games in a row, then all you have to do is quit the lobby and join another one, and you're set!

Overall, this is a great game with intriguing (but Short) Single Player and fun Spec Ops levels along with addictive multiplayer that make any gamer want to strive to achieve the highest level while completing challenges and acquiring prestige. The graphics are good enough so that there is realism to the game but still customizable enough so that the low-end pcs can run this game without a problem. If you are careful, you can have a lot of fun with this game. BACK UP YOUR MULTIPLAYER STATS and you WILL have fun.
  66. Aug 18, 2012
    Never played the campaign (Not a big fan on killing arabs in the desert), but the multiplayer is alot of fun and addicting. For an FPS, this is a great game. For all of the people hating it, tell me if you know a better multiplayer FPS please.
  67. Aug 14, 2012
    The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is a little, disappointing. And I'm going to say why It is? It costs more, and It haves less multiplayer features than other PC shooters, exactly like GameSpot said. Still, this game stays fresh with the superb campaign and spec ops. 79 out of 100
  68. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby inI already reviewed the Xbox360 version, on PC, this game seems to play out more or less identical, except you're not getting snipers spinning around in the air as much, it is fun to play when you're bored, one thing does really bother me though, the way I had to change router settings just so I could join games, even then, it takes 10 mins of waiting before it decides to find a lobby in which to play in, it really annoys me. Expand
  69. Aug 6, 2012
    As someone who can only speak for the single-player side of things, this game was plenty enjoyable, if not particularly impressive. The campaign is fun and exhilarating--so long as you don't think about things too much--and the spec ops missions add additional SP fun. As with most tunnel-shooter games these days, it suffers from relatively poor replay value, but if you can pick it up onAs someone who can only speak for the single-player side of things, this game was plenty enjoyable, if not particularly impressive. The campaign is fun and exhilarating--so long as you don't think about things too much--and the spec ops missions add additional SP fun. As with most tunnel-shooter games these days, it suffers from relatively poor replay value, but if you can pick it up on sale it's probably worth it. Expand
  70. Jul 28, 2012
    The single player campaign wasn't as long as Call of Duty 4's but was still amazing. It is hard to say which single player is better comparing mw2 to cod4 but the results would be pretty darn close. Special Ops was a nice edition, with enjoyable challenges and missions to complete. Multiplayer for this game was awesome but not as great as Call of Duty 4's multiplayer. The only issuesThe single player campaign wasn't as long as Call of Duty 4's but was still amazing. It is hard to say which single player is better comparing mw2 to cod4 but the results would be pretty darn close. Special Ops was a nice edition, with enjoyable challenges and missions to complete. Multiplayer for this game was awesome but not as great as Call of Duty 4's multiplayer. The only issues making the game not fun and frustrating at times is the overpowered grenade launchers and one man army "the perk" that allows you to reload classes so you can gain back your grenade launchers for instance. And, sadly no dedicated servers, using the same system of online as the consoles. But forgetting these issues the multiplayer is a masterpiece. Well balanced weapons and superb map design. Hacking is also an issue. Challenge lobbies bringing you up to level 70 or max prestiges are hosted almost daily, along with those little noobs ruining matches using aimbot, godmode, etc. Expand
  71. Jul 24, 2012
    While MW2 is splendidly designed; with a compelling, but slightly silly, campaign and an addictive multiplayer. The gameplay is pretty much unchanged from the first Modern Warfare, a tight & responsive first person shooter which at least demonstrates that Infinity Ward once had a knack for tight level design and imaginative levels. However, the single player is quite ludicrous: the epicWhile MW2 is splendidly designed; with a compelling, but slightly silly, campaign and an addictive multiplayer. The gameplay is pretty much unchanged from the first Modern Warfare, a tight & responsive first person shooter which at least demonstrates that Infinity Ward once had a knack for tight level design and imaginative levels. However, the single player is quite ludicrous: the epic set pieces and sweeping soundtrack can't distract you from the disjointed plot and thin characterisation. The multiplayer is fun, when it works. A lack of dedicated servers is quite literally IW holding a finger up at PC gamers; on top of that, the servers are unreliable and, for me anyway, take about 10 minutes to ready themselves. Even when I'm in on the action, the game is often cut out because of host migration or...something. Anyway, I'd recommend MW2 for it's single player and the addictive co-op mode, but the competitive multiplayer seems a bit of a flop by modern PC gaming standards. Expand
  72. Jul 9, 2012
    The game was one of the best Call of Duty games ever. The storyline was great althought I wouldn't mind if it lasted a little longer and the spec ops were pretty fun. The multiplayer mode was one of the best ever made. Great maps great server system with no lag and nice optimization. the only problem is the community which is not the games fault so I give the game a 10/10...
  73. Jul 8, 2012
    Don't be alarmed by the huge amount of negative reviews. This is common among the Call of Duty franchise and frankly it has nothing to do with the game. It has to do with how bad they were at the game.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a very enjoyable game to play. The campaign is very fun and immersive. The storyline is easy to follow and not at all broken. The voice-acting and character personalities are also superb. The only problem with the gameplay of the campaign is it can get quite tedious, because you basically just shoot bad guys. The Spec-Ops missions are really cool. Spec-Ops missions are separated into five different categories, each category getting more difficult as you progress. These missions are based on maps from the campaign. They're pretty fun to play and they each have their own game style. Some are stealth missions, meaning you have to get through heaps of enemies silently. Others are survival, where you have to kill and just stay alive. Or you can race! There is also an option to do the missions with a friend.

The multiplayer is the reason a lot of people are giving it negative ratings. I honestly don't have a problem with it, and I'm not that great at it. I think the weapons for the most part are balanced. There are weapon mixtures (such as the G18 Akimbo) where they are very overpowered. But it's very fun and very enjoyable. The multiplayer has a load of different gamemodes, the most played are Team Deathmatch, Free-for-all, Domination, Ground War, and Search & Destroy. There are many weapons to unlock along with attachments for said weapons. There are also perks (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3) to use to give your character a special boost. Now, of course there are cons. Among those are there is no dedicated servers. That makes many games laggy and unreliable. It's also easy to hack certain games, meaning your stats can get all screwed up.

The bottom line is this is a great game, contrary to popular belief. Awesome graphics, awesome game play. If you're skeptical, you could wait until it's on sale so you don't possibly waste your money.
  74. Jun 12, 2012
    Well. Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the greatest big online FPS games ever made. BEFORE ALL THE SMALL KIDS AND HACKERS TOOK IT. basically, the only thing MW2 needed was Dedicated servers. It was hard sometimes to play it the e-sport way (through ESL and such). But beneath that, it was great. The graphics, soundtrack, gameplay. Just wow, beautiful. But ofcourse got ruined when thereWell. Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the greatest big online FPS games ever made. BEFORE ALL THE SMALL KIDS AND HACKERS TOOK IT. basically, the only thing MW2 needed was Dedicated servers. It was hard sometimes to play it the e-sport way (through ESL and such). But beneath that, it was great. The graphics, soundtrack, gameplay. Just wow, beautiful. But ofcourse got ruined when there were no support at all with hackers and patches. Great campaign too, shed a tear. Damn Soap Expand
  75. May 9, 2012
    very good game:)nicevery good game:)nice team............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  76. May 4, 2012
    Game used to be funner but... the servers are the worst ever, games without dedicated servers are a pain to play, the combat is not very smooth at all. This was the better COD game before the rest came out.
  77. Apr 14, 2012
    Multiplayer is tons of fun! Xp makes the game addictive so the game doesnt die after playing all the maps (i dont remember how many but i thiks its around 10?)
  78. Apr 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Steam shame on YOU ! ! !, this game sucks, just hackers and cheaters!.
    The Steam plays with the users with its anti-cheat system, this game died because he has no dedicated servers, this is why there are many hackers in the game. There is no respect and Steam does nothing! ... My money ever again!...
  79. Apr 7, 2012
    I will do this review based mostly on my playtime on the multiplayer feature, since I think most of other reviewers said more than enough about the main campaign: boring, short, could have done better, really can't add that much. Besides, this is a multiplayer game basically, so unfortunely I'm forced to review the feature that I basically ignore. And besides, I was curious about theI will do this review based mostly on my playtime on the multiplayer feature, since I think most of other reviewers said more than enough about the main campaign: boring, short, could have done better, really can't add that much. Besides, this is a multiplayer game basically, so unfortunely I'm forced to review the feature that I basically ignore. And besides, I was curious about the rumors of this game being "the greatest online shooter ever", and when I finally tried out the multiplayer one simple question bothered me: "How?!". I seriously never ever seen a game this badly thought and programmed: the maps are horrible (except for very few), filled with blind corners that actually can ruin easily the game; now, many maps have these blind corners, so I might think this was intentional, but when someone starts to win by just CAMPING, that is totally unacceptable, and even if i have to not count the blind corners the maps are still horrible, since they are basically thought for Free-for-All (and still, you can see campers killing you as soon as you spawn, not even giving you a proper spawn protection like in some games). Well, maps aren't the only bad thing, since also the "class" customization isn't very great either. The idea is actually good, of making your own class with perks and etc, not doubt on that, but unfortunely lots of these perks are totally downgrades instead of upgrades, so you'll just get the most convenient ones (Sleight of hand+Stopping power+Commando= you were good most of the times). And the Pro versions aren't a big deal either. The weapons are so-so: few are pretty good, some are mediocre, many are very weak; unfortunely I can't mention pros and cons of every weapon, but in general I never tried more than, maybe, 10 weapons in total and those few looked very similar too (the raffica pistol looked a lot like the FAMAS...only you can move faster while aiming instead), so I could be wrong too on this regard. And also, the killstreaks: the idea is actually great, but some can be highly annoying, but still I personally liked most of them. The deathstreaks are ok, but none is remarkable. Still, I'm sorry to say, this is and was one of the most boring online shooter I've ever played, with tons of bad concepts that turns the game into a camping race, weapons that are hardly worth your time (I even forgot the challenges...maybe a good thing?), and "technically" one mode, since most of the maps aren't well though for being anything else except Free-for-All. It's sad that I had to give this low score: When I heard of this game, I started to be curious and eventually I played, but to this day my question remains, and I doubt it will ever get answered, and now that there's Mw3 in the corner, and the bad scores it received, I guess my question might turn into this: "Why?". Expand
  80. Apr 5, 2012
    I really love this game. I'll just throw that out there right now. The only problem of this game was the developers. The game is solid in game mechanics and while the weapons needed some balancing, that wasn't what made the bad. I guess I would pause a bit in calling the game itself bad. The game was ruined because the developers did a few things wrong. First, they stopped patchingI really love this game. I'll just throw that out there right now. The only problem of this game was the developers. The game is solid in game mechanics and while the weapons needed some balancing, that wasn't what made the bad. I guess I would pause a bit in calling the game itself bad. The game was ruined because the developers did a few things wrong. First, they stopped patching the game a very short while after releasing the game. They DID fix many a bug (javelin bug, care package knifing, 1887 rang bug, etc) however, they didn't do too much else to balance the weapons. But even the lack of balancing for the weapons didn't make the game unplayable (it only added a challenge for players who didn't feel the need to rely on a broken weapon). What really destroyed the game was the developers literally releasing a message to its community saying it would no longer be handling any of the hacking complaints and would be leaving that up to the STEAM system. THAT was basically calling to all hackers to have fun ruining the game for everyone. After that, the game went down hill. The developers also decided that they wanted to do what they did to the game that they did with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and make a ground breaking enjoyable game that was solid in every aspect. So they created a game that went in the opposite direction of that ground breaking game and decided to make the game peer-to-peer instead of with dedicated servers (like the game they have such a hard on for). This allowed for prestige servers, super laggy games, and a terrible host choosing system that basically guaranteed a host that was on dial-up with no option to opt out of being chosen as a host. Summed up in a sentence: "The game was great, the developers were trash." Expand
  81. Mar 30, 2012
    The campaign possesses the same cinematic, enticing and powerful type of storyline as its predecessor- Modern Warfare. The main difference is the wonderful new selection of guns and weapons. The models are very convincing. The new array of attachments step the game up a few notches. They are very fun to have at your advantage. The operation runs fairly smoothly on PC with the exception ofThe campaign possesses the same cinematic, enticing and powerful type of storyline as its predecessor- Modern Warfare. The main difference is the wonderful new selection of guns and weapons. The models are very convincing. The new array of attachments step the game up a few notches. They are very fun to have at your advantage. The operation runs fairly smoothly on PC with the exception of a few freezes. The ending is amazing. Thoroughly brilliant. Pure class.
    The Spec Ops mode is OK. It is a great idea but it simply does not function well on PC at all. You can expect to achieve a portion of what you would on other platforms. The idea is amazing but needs to be modified a lot to work on PC. The multiplayer is cool and possibly an improvement on the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer. It has great new perks and weapons and is enjoyable despite being tricky to control on PC.
  82. Mar 28, 2012
    Positives-The addition of new weapons. The addition of spec ops. Spec ops contains a lot of new content and provides a new way to play. When writing my review the average user score is low. I don't agree. It is obvious that Infinity Ward spent a lot of hard work on this game. There is a lot of attention to detail.
  83. Mar 16, 2012
    I want to start this review with a quote from the FMX 2009 speaker from R&D Activision in terms of "Creating Realism in Games": "Today it is impossible to create realism in games as you need 2.000.000 polygons to model a realistic human face. But yes: gameplay is king!"
    +++
    Looking back at MW1, having a well told story with realistic motivations in its characters, MW2 has a quite more fictional story with Russia invading the USA over night with helicopters -- nice defenses there! The game has some cool moments, but in terms of gameplay -- which is king BTW -- the game kills you off. It is quite ridiculous trying the hardest part of a mission dozens of times as you die from enemy gunfire having to restart from a checkpoint 1.000 bullets past and then getting shot by teammates NOT ONLY ONCE!!! The game might use this to tell some motivations but I wonder where is the (sorry) f***ing difference between you dying there or one meter past!?
    +++
    Another ridiculous thing are quicktime events, where you can feel where a Wii player has his moments. Yet again you are unable to open doors while you have to do all the blowing up and pushing forward stuff. Some missions are more or less a shooting gallery: "Go there! Pick up that! Shoot this! Now go over there!" If I want to play something like that, I'd return to Serious Sam....
    +++
    Level design also very "interesting" if take your time and look around: There is not a single ladder or stairs up those roofs or no second door to a room enemies continuous keep coming at you -- no tents either....
    +++
    For the multiplayer most issues have been mentioned (matchmaking, cheaters, no voting, etc.). What CoD multiplayer always was is a team game. Here players are not only scattered on the map and randomly respawned behind some enemy (and vice versa) -- adding random deaths -- plus having no more ingame communication -- voice chat was the first to turn off as any kiddy used it as ingame radio broadcast for bad music.
    Killstreak rewards are flooding the tiny maps making it impossible to play without several perks you need to unlock first. Here it is playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be -- or at least stand a chance.
    After all I had fun with the game with a group of friends playing the game to play as an entire team. Still in case of cheaters all had to leave the server and retry, joining the same guy again!
    +++
    All in all this game is more frustrating than being fun. But always remember: "Gameplay is king!"
  84. Mar 7, 2012
    It's fun but flawed. The lack of dedicated servers have led to more hackers, more lag, and numerous other issues, but it has also brought a lot of good as well such as not having to put up with bad admins that kick for not adhering to abstract rules they make up and limiting the player count to 12-18, which makes the game slower paced and more strategic in my opinion.

The single player

The single player is short (5 hours) but fun.

The multiplayer is also pretty good, and I like the weapon and map selection.

Overall, it's not as bad as people say. It has problems, but it also does a lot of things right.
  85. Mar 7, 2012
    An excellent production single player campaign. Infinity Ward did a superb job at bringing detail and depth to every element that deserves a standing ovation. It is extremely detailed with tons of action. My biggest issue was that I found the story difficult to follow. It jumped around from country to country and person to person making it impossible to figure out who were the good guysAn excellent production single player campaign. Infinity Ward did a superb job at bringing detail and depth to every element that deserves a standing ovation. It is extremely detailed with tons of action. My biggest issue was that I found the story difficult to follow. It jumped around from country to country and person to person making it impossible to figure out who were the good guys and who were the bad guys and where you, the player, fit in. Regardless, the presentation and the execution are both top notch and very enjoyable. Throw in stellar graphics, quality game play, and a pleasing variety of equipment and missions. I cannot praise the single player campaign enough--a game that's actually worth its price tag. Expand
  86. Mar 3, 2012
    Although Modern Warfare 2 doesn't break any new ground and it has some minor issues in terms of its implementation, it is nevertheless a welcome, well-rounded addition to the Call of Duty series.
  87. Mar 1, 2012
    this is the first game i play on steam,so i have a unusual feeling of this game.this game really has good graphics,fun playing,real good gun stats,but it has remove the dedicated servers,i do not like the setting of searching players to play,and no ping number to see,but this is not the most bad things.the most bug thing,like noob tuber,g18 akimbo,rpg,it make the skilled players ,at leastthis is the first game i play on steam,so i have a unusual feeling of this game.this game really has good graphics,fun playing,real good gun stats,but it has remove the dedicated servers,i do not like the setting of searching players to play,and no ping number to see,but this is not the most bad things.the most bug thing,like noob tuber,g18 akimbo,rpg,it make the skilled players ,at least my friends,playing but may not for relax,these bug noobs,not all their problems,it is the iw gun stats designer,i know when they set the grenade launchers,g18 akimbo,or rpg,is the time they lost parents,i can understand their sadness,but,they make the game like rubbish.so i will never buy other bug game iw maded,mw3 i am so fking to bug it,it do not improve in all ways,more bug weapon,and bad maps,so the score i rating for mw2 is high enough,i rate mw3 for 0,and this is the end of iw illness money making,this is end,only bug players will keep playing Expand
  88. Feb 23, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic singly player campaign mode. The story and gameplay were spectacular to say the least. I don't care about multiplayer so if you don't either, you will thoroughly enjoy this game.
  89. Feb 22, 2012
    Single player: 7
    Fun and exciting but too short, ~6 hours Multiplayer: 1
    Single player: 7
    Fun and exciting but too short, ~6 hours Multiplayer: 1
    The servers are filled with noob tubers and people who just run and knife everyone, which I admit is actually pretty fun. Unfortunately, you can't select what map you want to play so you end up playing the same maps all the time. Connecting to a lobby takes quite a while and when you finally find one you are just as likely to get disconnected as you are to actually load the map and play. Most of the time you are quite lucky to play three maps in the same lobby before it disconnects you again. And if you like playing with friends one of you will get disconnected 95% of the time. Most of the "servers" have a fair amount of lag and you WILL run across at least one hacker every hour. Also $15 map packs, seriously? Activision and IW are fail and are just milking the COD cow because consumers buy into hype and "pretty" graphics, I know I did.
  90. Feb 20, 2012
    COD game play itself far better than bf3. Where it lacks and at risk of sounding redundant, lack of multiplayer dedicated lan or otherwise. From what I gather, the plan to not have lan or dedicated is due to piracy , I could be wrong, however, they are so concerned with piracy as the new fad, they did nothing, "again, redundant" about the hackers messing up game play for others. The good:COD game play itself far better than bf3. Where it lacks and at risk of sounding redundant, lack of multiplayer dedicated lan or otherwise. From what I gather, the plan to not have lan or dedicated is due to piracy , I could be wrong, however, they are so concerned with piracy as the new fad, they did nothing, "again, redundant" about the hackers messing up game play for others. The good: Great weapons, graphics, ease of game play, a fun time. The bad: Hackers, campers, lack of multiplayer support on private lan. Those who say it's not about multiplayer, how long will you play it by yourself? For many of us, we love multiplayer and could care less about campaign. I'd rather go up against other players any day. If the game was campaign only and there was absolutely no multiplayer, the game would be NOTHING. It wouldn't sell. Both users, cheerleaders and makers of the game need to realize this. Do what others have done, sell the campaign, release a free multiplayer version. It's been done with very successful results in the past. Any way, the point, I would have rated this much higher if priorities were in order. Get it together, keep multiplayer dedicated alive, the object is to have fun, not to jump through corporate red tape to play a game. Expand
  91. Feb 3, 2012
    Single player (too short) is ok, but multi (WTF?!) is terrible. No Dedicated servers, mods, can't change maps, too expensive, casual **** I'm very disappointed on this game. COD4 is better.
  92. Jan 4, 2012
    MW2 is a masterpiece, The best FPS EVER MADE! I have spent over 1000+ hours on this game it's absolutely amazing nothing more to say if you want a fast pasted action military shooter THIS is the game for you!
  93. Jan 3, 2012
    As a PC gamer, it is my obligation to give this game a poor rating. Its primary redeeming quality, the non-stop, action-packed, high-octane multiplayer is hampered by the worst thing a dev--nay, a publisher can do to a video game: restrict it. No dedicated servers, no community content, no community content, no balanced games, no instant justice for hackers, no vote mechanic. MultiplayerAs a PC gamer, it is my obligation to give this game a poor rating. Its primary redeeming quality, the non-stop, action-packed, high-octane multiplayer is hampered by the worst thing a dev--nay, a publisher can do to a video game: restrict it. No dedicated servers, no community content, no community content, no balanced games, no instant justice for hackers, no vote mechanic. Multiplayer was fun, but quickly went down the tubes to EA-knows-where and somehow still came off to them as a good idea, probably because of the console ragetard slaves. Oh, and there's no console. Swallow that pill, PC gamer. Single player, though, is fun but yet another shining example of the modern culture we live in where killing is good as long as they're not Americans or children, nobody takes prisoners, and one-to-four men can take out waves of attacking soldiers Hollywood-style. Co-op is very fun if you've got a friend in mind, so if you're planning on torrenting it, just buy it on sale for that part. Expand
  94. Jan 1, 2012
    Looking at crappy MW3 or absolutely terrible BO I would say MW2 still have best multiplayer. No lag compensation, shotguns are usable, akimbo is working, tubes are working as intended, variety of maps with different play style, smart respawn system, better sound (sound in BO was complete crap, in MW3 for some reason I cannot locate source of sound in 80% time). Long live to Infinity WardLooking at crappy MW3 or absolutely terrible BO I would say MW2 still have best multiplayer. No lag compensation, shotguns are usable, akimbo is working, tubes are working as intended, variety of maps with different play style, smart respawn system, better sound (sound in BO was complete crap, in MW3 for some reason I cannot locate source of sound in 80% time). Long live to Infinity Ward after leaving Activision! Expand
  95. Dec 27, 2011
    The lack of dedicated servers, LAN and mapping and modding support isn't going to make this game more epic, despite the continuation of better gameplay and the story itself. Also the map packs aren't free either as the usage of launching this game from Steam is getting on people's nerves.
  96. Dec 25, 2011
    i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove mw2 nothing else to say but hey haters gona hate love it even after 20 days of playtime
  97. Dec 21, 2011
    A major disappointment, mainly for the removal of dedicated servers and for adding to powerful killstreaks and unbalanced perks, not to mention that unlike its predecessor there is no longer any possibility of creating mods or maps for the PC version.

While it does not live up to the legacy of COD4, the singleplayer was quite epic - unlike the multiplayer.
  98. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unrealistic and provides a horrendous job at grasping the feel as if the player is really in armed combat. Story line is bland and un-tasteful providing no originality (Russians are being atrocious again and the good guys need to stop them because they have WMDs). The decent graphics and somewhat interesting combat do not come even close to suffice the mediocre game design. Expand
  99. Dec 11, 2011
    MW2 was OK. But it has it's flaws. still- there are hackers on the Multiplayer servers, making that pointless to play. Second of all, the perks in Multiplayer are pretty rigged, like jump 50 stories without losing any health.. etc. Third of all, the campaign was shorter than Call of Duty 4's, which was pretty sad. The only sort-of good part was Spec Ops, but other than that, it reallyMW2 was OK. But it has it's flaws. still- there are hackers on the Multiplayer servers, making that pointless to play. Second of all, the perks in Multiplayer are pretty rigged, like jump 50 stories without losing any health.. etc. Third of all, the campaign was shorter than Call of Duty 4's, which was pretty sad. The only sort-of good part was Spec Ops, but other than that, it really wasn't that good. Expand
  100. Nov 29, 2011
    It's just so much fun watching videos about screaming kids getting pwn'd by 69 year olds. This is game is great when displayed on YouTube, I never actually played it, but who cares? This is the best game since sliced bread!

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.