2.4

1. Mar 1, 2013
    ok this review is going to be in 2 parts single player and muitiplayer. first of all single player, is fun campaign is actually enjoyable and there are some fun things in there to do. the next is spec ops, this is actually another good point for the game and finally "surival" you will either hate or love this mode, depending if you like wave defence games or not. so for single play i wouldok this review is going to be in 2 parts single player and muitiplayer. first of all single player, is fun campaign is actually enjoyable and there are some fun things in there to do. the next is spec ops, this is actually another good point for the game and finally "surival" you will either hate or love this mode, depending if you like wave defence games or not. so for single play i would give it a soild 8 out of 10. the next bit of the review is multiplayer..... this had the poeatinoal to be good, but failled masively! firstly, there are deticated servers but they are useless as you do not earn exp. next is the amount of 12 year old kids hacking, quite frankly this pissed me off so much i stopped playing the entire multiplayer all togther, as activision doesnt care and lets the hacker roam messing up all your games. finally the lag in multiplayer is dreadful as it is not a deticated server, you get host migrations? what the hell is this meant to be? oh yeah thats right they use that system on a console, this does not work on pc at all. i would give mulitiplayer a 3. do not get this game if you want to play if for the multiplayer its awful. overall then i would give this game a 6, becasue of its good single player, but avoid its multiplayer. Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2012
    there are only about 5 hours of single nice player but this is to less for rating.
    My DownRating is for the Multiplayer, because auf tiny maps and mass of cheating.
  3. MB_
    Feb 18, 2012
    Having enjoyed MW1 back in the day but not trying MW2 I thought I'd jump forward with three to see how far things had come. They really hadn't graphically. This looks terrible, I really can't think of a game that looks this bad in modern times. I've tried repeatedly to fix it, but that shouldn't be hard to do. Little things like not being able to turn down the sound and music separatelyHaving enjoyed MW1 back in the day but not trying MW2 I thought I'd jump forward with three to see how far things had come. They really hadn't graphically. This looks terrible, I really can't think of a game that looks this bad in modern times. I've tried repeatedly to fix it, but that shouldn't be hard to do. Little things like not being able to turn down the sound and music separately irritate immensely but when I got online things turned even worse. The game is a first person shooter but its using the geeky XP system which makes games unfair against newbies, purely by giving early adopters weapon and equipment bonuses. This is just morally bankrupt. The game looks bad, plays worse. I feel ripped off! Avoid!! Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2012
    MW3 MULTIPLAYER ONLY REVIEW. Wow, what a shame. When MW2 hit in 2009, it came just at the right time and felt completely fresh. It had nearly the same effect as CoD4, bringing innovation and excitingly fast-paced multiplayer to the fore. Did Activision seriously think that, giving IW only a year, they could work the same magic? By the time Black Ops had been announced, MW2 was almost deadMW3 MULTIPLAYER ONLY REVIEW. Wow, what a shame. When MW2 hit in 2009, it came just at the right time and felt completely fresh. It had nearly the same effect as CoD4, bringing innovation and excitingly fast-paced multiplayer to the fore. Did Activision seriously think that, giving IW only a year, they could work the same magic? By the time Black Ops had been announced, MW2 was almost dead when people discovered how unbalanced it was. Now, we have this. The traversty known as Modern Warfare 2.5. Where do I begin? Well, there's the maps. What was admirable about Black Ops was how every match was EXACTLY the same because the spawns and maps were logical. Here, every match is the same as well, but by that I mean it's just you spawn, get killed by hacker, spawn get killed by killstreak, spawn get killed again. Quite simply, the maps and spawn have no logic or consistency. Granted neither did MW2, but on MW2.5 the maps and spawns are game breaking. It appears that they were purely designed to look good on trailers. Speaking of which, isn't it embrassing that a GT 430 1GB can run the game on highest graphics and texture settings at 1920x1080 resolution and still get 50+ FPS? As far as weapons go, they're all the same. Sniper rifles have still not been fixed. Equip Sleight of Hand and Quickdraw combined with a bolt action and you're guranteed to win every firefight at anything above knifing range. Well, there goes the aim assist arguement. Quick scoping on PC MW3 is even easier than MW2 on console. Further still, every hit is 90% chance of being one hit kill regardless, or so it seems that way. The game is very fast, but not organized. It's a mess. All MW3 is is MW2 with more quantity. And more quantity of what? All the things that were wrong with it. What killed CoD for me was killstreaks, but at least Black Ops had the decency of 1) making the balanced and 2) leetting you play Barebones Pure right from the start, with no perks, equipment, killstreaks, deathstreaks etc. Gun on gun, you're done. In MW3, it's an "Advanced" game mode which is unlocked at Level 20. What were they thinking? Black Ops was a masterpiece in every sense and even if it was boring to many people, I'd rather play a game that's boring but functional than one that's fast-paced but broken. Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer really messed up big time. Not a single map in MW3 is thought out proper.y. Every single one is exactly the same- too small and chaotic. Yes, MW2 was a fantastic game but IW should have realised that although they did a great job in MW2, MW3 should have aimed to give a refined, balanced multip[layer experience. Instead, all they've done is make the game even more broken. I only give zeroes to games like Minecraft just to hate on them, but in this instance, MW3's multiplayer truly deserves it for the simple reason that it is not functional. It doesn't work. Not a single thing about the game is logical. And that makes it the most dissapointing tragedy in FPS history. Call of Duty built its title on intense gameplay, fun matches, great campaign and most of all, the multiplayer. In all aspects, CoD has always been an innovator (ever since CoD4 anyway) so for them to add nothing new or even improve upon established foundations is what really makes MW3's multiplayer a failure. All Robert Bowling had to say for himself is that Commando, Last Stand and One Man Army have been taken out of the game. In that case, why didn't you just patch MW2 in the first place? MW3 had potential to be another solid masterpiece to join the ranks of CoD4 and Black Ops. As far as I can work out, the multiplayer is the biggest step backwards in Call of Duty's history. Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2012
    Been playing CoD since number 1, and honestly have to say, the series is dead now.

First I played the campaign, and the standout points are none. The graphics looks the same as MW2, the story is very boring and feels like they have just tried to compete with the epic moments of MW1, but instead, they just put in the exact same cliched moments we have seen in every CoD game since MW1. The

The campaign was very short, generic, familiar and the AI are SOOOOOO stupid. Your AI Team Mates will always look like they are shooting the enemy, but are really just shooting the wall next to them.
    and they bought back quick scoping, and its a bad choice. Just because Infinity Ward made bad Maps, doesn't mean that it has to support the people who are to stupid to realise that it's a bad idead to run around the map with a sniper.

So far I have played about 4 hours of Multiplayer and can't play a game without thinking about how much Infinity Ward just ruined this game. The guns all feel familiar with the same recycled sound effects and design, and not many new or interesting weapons have been introduced. Weapons are very, very unbalanced to the point where it actually ruins the whole online experience. For example, Sub Machine Guns are far more superior then assault rifles, regardless of the distance. Heavy Machine Guns are just a waste of time using cause they have no advantage, shotguns are a guaranteed kill when in close quarters combat, and I don't see the point of the Sniper Rifle with these Map Designs.

The Perks were all in MW2 or Black Ops, leveling up doesn't really have any excitement anymore since every time I level up, I unlock a perk that I've used for the past 2 CoD games, and if you know which perks to use, you can become undestructable from using a combination of perks.

The Killsteaks are just plain and simply unorganized and unbalanced again. They bring back the AC130, which from what I can remember in MW2, would single handily win the game for the team using it.
    On top of that they added about 5 new killstreaks that just are crap or aren't fun or usefull.

The Attachments are all the same, nothing interesting, and less customization then Black Ops. Again, more mad news, Infinityward brought back the heartbeat sensor. Now that attachment ruined alot of games in MW2 because people using it would just camp and camp waiting for the enemy, plus its like having the UAV Radar 24/7.

I have to say, the one thing I hate more then anything is the Weapomns leveling up, now that did sound awsome before you play the game, but it actually turns out bad. It leaves loads of guns unused throughout your playthrough because you cannot be stuffed having to unlock all the attachments again. So really you only use a few weapons from each class of weapons before you prestige, and honestly prestige isn't as fun as what it used to be.

Now the Map designs are very, very bad and familiar again. It doesn't feel like a single map in this game is designed for Snipers at all, leaving the whole Sniper Class useless, and camping is a bigger problem then ever because of the bad map designs.
    Plus the game is very buggy. All up the game is very, very, very bad. You can't make up your mind about which killstreaks or perks to use cause they have been overused from previous games, or they are just crap. The Weapons are seriously unbalance and everything and I mean everything in this game has been re-used from the previous games. Its become obvious that Activision and Infinity Ward care more about making there 1 Billion dollars in 16 days then they do about Customer Satisfaction.

WARNING! If you buy this game you will be very unhappy about spending that money. Don't complain about it when you buy it, cause you read all these negetive comments and still buy it.

Can't wait for them to fail again when they release the Rumored Black Ops 2 this year. Can't wait to see that. lol
  6. Feb 16, 2012
    Just downloaded this via Steam due to their free weekend for the multiplayer, and it has to be said that this is not a new game. Instead, it is a re-skinned version of modern warfare 2, which was good at the time. However, times change, and shooters get BETTER, they usually dont work well when they go backwards like this one did. Graphics are nothing to write home about. Probably the worstJust downloaded this via Steam due to their free weekend for the multiplayer, and it has to be said that this is not a new game. Instead, it is a re-skinned version of modern warfare 2, which was good at the time. However, times change, and shooters get BETTER, they usually dont work well when they go backwards like this one did. Graphics are nothing to write home about. Probably the worst thing about these games is the community that surrounds these games. The only people who seem to play these games, or at least the only people that are yelling, are the lame frat boys and overall losers who think that being good at this game actually means something. Additionally, they get upset when someone does well with a gun that the developers put into the game, deciding that it is cheap or something. In short, if you want to play a GOOD shooter, you would be wise to pick up a copy of Battlefield 3. This game is a waste of money. End of story Expand
  7. Feb 17, 2012
    "I played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it drops"I played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it drops down to 5 to 10 dollars, because playing **** games helps me enjoy the amazing ones even more." By TheeDefiler.

I had the exact same experience. Well I'm off to play some Battlefield 3.
  8. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is just C&P of MW2. It's the same. You can buy CoD 1,2 and 4 those are better CoD's...
    Much DLC's. 2-4 Maps cost 15â
  9. Feb 9, 2012
    A series of games that has gone down hill fast since 1 and 2, with the aim of getting as much money as they can out of the gaming community. Except this time hardly anything has changed. You are playing absolute top price for a game that is just rewashed, lazy and not up to par with any video game of the time. Whether you can blame the developers for this or not is debatable consideringA series of games that has gone down hill fast since 1 and 2, with the aim of getting as much money as they can out of the gaming community. Except this time hardly anything has changed. You are playing absolute top price for a game that is just rewashed, lazy and not up to par with any video game of the time. Whether you can blame the developers for this or not is debatable considering people will buy the Call of Duty series no matter how bad it is, so I guess it isn't in their interest to put any work into the game. The PC version of this game is much much worse, being a bad port, no dedicated servers STILL (learned nothing) and no adjustable field of view options. It is debatable to say that this is better than Black Ops, another horrible game, but it doesn't exactly matter. Personally I wish the series would just hurry up and die, it is a horrid insult to any gamer. Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    safsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfswsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw dsafsdffdsfdsdhffjhfghxsgd bfbdbsdf dsfdsfdsf dsfsf dsf sdfsgfdg fdg fdg fdgfgdfgd dddd ddf gf ddf gd dfg dfg dfg dfgdfgsafsdfsw d Expand
  11. Feb 18, 2012
    What a bad game. The singleplayer is 4 hours long and the multiplayer is exactly the same **** that the other CODs since Modern Warfare 1. I wouldn't even pay $10 for this piece of crap. Also, no control support, DLCs with 3 maps for $15, the Activision support is **** etc. If you find this a good game, you seriously need to shoot yourself.
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    Very nice DLC you have there! But its not a game, just DLC. You are just used by EA to get more and more money. Learn to think please ;) Just look - everyone are paying that same cash for longer, better looking and better in storyline games.
  13. Feb 9, 2012
    I don't really know how they've managed it, but they've released a game with even less features than the last. I am aware that black ops and Modern warfare 3 were made by different developers, the amount of new online options that black ops introduced just makes MW3 look pretty small time. The story line in this installment is the worst of the three, a lot of it doesn't link up properly,I don't really know how they've managed it, but they've released a game with even less features than the last. I am aware that black ops and Modern warfare 3 were made by different developers, the amount of new online options that black ops introduced just makes MW3 look pretty small time. The story line in this installment is the worst of the three, a lot of it doesn't link up properly, or you're character is thrown in at the beginning of every mission via typical helicopter crash which left me pretty confused as to what was going on.

Now for the Online, I don't think I really need to go over what I said earlier about the lack of features, however it really can't be ignored, Why didn't Infinity Ward just take a page out of Treyarch's book and try to do something different with the franchise instead of just spewing out the same **** for 3 games? But seriously, I could have played the new MW3 multiplayer and thought it was a new DLC pack for MW2 if somebody told me it was.

I got this game on sale for £20, and I feel like it was £10 too much for what is essentially an expansion pack onto the last two games. I think it's laughable that the Modern Warfare Call of Duty games can even be considered a series. It is essentially an online multiplayer with a terrible and badly written story stuck on the side with blu tac. If you're looking for a fun, online multiplayer game, I'd suggest looking at Counter Strike, Team fortress 2 (free to play), or Gotham City Imposters, all cheaper and much more fun to be had.
  14. Jan 18, 2012
    This game in terrible from the start to end. Bad gameplay, bad desigh, terrible graphics and more. Call of Duty sucks becouse these game is for kids and console boys. End.
  15. Feb 17, 2012
    Multiplayer is what I rate. My rating: terrible.
    Same terrible weapon balance: some guns recoil like mad, leaving you in state of shock after your gun goes all over the screen as you try to hit opponent more than 4 times (yeah, it takes 6 bullets to kill anyone), and they take you down with 2-3 hits from a gun that doesn't seem to move at all when shooting.
    Same good old matchmaking - lags
    Multiplayer is what I rate. My rating: terrible.
    Same good old matchmaking - lags are terrible despite everyone having "4 bars" connection, cheaters are never banned, players instantly teleporting left-right when you aim at them (bad game design, same as MW2).
    New: dedicated servers. Only unranked. Pointless, as the only point in call of duty series is to get points to progress to better guns, get prestige rating and re-do it all from the start.
    Same old graphics. They're not bad, in my opinion. But everything looks toy-ish. Its hard to tell enemy from wall, everything looks the same (or I became completely color-blind suddenly). Colors are way too dull. When you aim, you can't see anything other than your iron sights - it all goes blurred.
    New maps. Terrible as you can't camp anywhere. Terrible because your field of view seems to be limited to 60-70 degrees (tiny), and there is a ridiculous amount of 90-degree turns (if you look straight ahead, you will not see anything on your side).
    I pre-ordered every COD after modern warfare (WaW, MW2, BO) and decided to skip MW3 entirely, knowing what it was going to be same old Modern Warfail 2 Refresh (judging by interviews). Sadly, I wasn't wrong about this game.
    Thanks, Steam, for the free weekend! Now I know I won't be buying this game!
  16. Dec 28, 2011
  17. Jan 23, 2012
    By far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old sameBy far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old same old. Gold camos are done in a stupid way; if you don't have specular maps the entire gun is chocolate brown. would've been better if they'd done it the same way as in CoD4. MW2-style red dot sight is missing, even though it was in a trailer. Horrid community. IW has forgotten that PC got them out there in the first place, and now they're giving us the finger. I'm no longer buying anything by Infinity Ward. Ever. Expand
  18. Mar 3, 2012
    This had to be my worst game purchase in recent times. Single player is alright but multiplayer pales in comparison to the other popular shooter out there. After all these years, the gameplay has not changed much and in fact I had more fun in the first modern warfare than this. The use of match making, using random players as hosts result in frequent lags. I have learnt my lesson and IThis had to be my worst game purchase in recent times. Single player is alright but multiplayer pales in comparison to the other popular shooter out there. After all these years, the gameplay has not changed much and in fact I had more fun in the first modern warfare than this. The use of match making, using random players as hosts result in frequent lags. I have learnt my lesson and I will never buy a fps game without dedicated servers ever again. Also, I have encountered more hackers in this game than others and the developer doesn't seem to care. The gameplay does not change much from the previous games in the series, other than poorer maps. There is hardly any tactical or teamwork aspect which makes it stale fast. Moreover, each game lasts 10 mins or less. It's over when you haven't really get started.

To sum up, this game is NOT worth your money, even if it's on sale. This series actually gets worse with each new edition. There are other shooter out there which deserves our hard-earned money more.
  19. Jan 24, 2012
    This Game is the worst game ive played, the graphics are incredibly bad, the hole game is made for snipers as the is the most over powered weapon the game has been made for 10 year old kids. the game is to easy point and shoot. this game is unlike cod4, I would say MW2 was better Tbh better ,maps guns etc, also kill streaks are over rated in the game. From being a gamer DONT BUY THIS GAMEThis Game is the worst game ive played, the graphics are incredibly bad, the hole game is made for snipers as the is the most over powered weapon the game has been made for 10 year old kids. the game is to easy point and shoot. this game is unlike cod4, I would say MW2 was better Tbh better ,maps guns etc, also kill streaks are over rated in the game. From being a gamer DONT BUY THIS GAME get your self a nice copy of BF3 ! Expand
  20. Feb 3, 2012
    The original Call of Duty was great, but now, it is a complete joke! It's too cliche, too over-rated and more to the point MODERN WARFARE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLDER ONES!
  21. Feb 1, 2012
    I find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, hostI find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, host to lag and finally the DLC seem a shame having to pay for the price so high with 5 maps, this is my opinio and I am very disappointed with the game because players only benefit novice and pro players give us a disadvantage in many ways, a greeting and this is my note Expand
  22. Feb 19, 2012
    Unplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desireUnplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desire for the game. Expand
  23. Feb 21, 2012
    Completely full of hackers, aimbots and wallhacks. I bought this solely for the multi-player component so I can't speak to the single player campaign but the multi-player component is atrocious. By far the worst part of this game is finding a game that is free of hackers. It is extremely frustrating to see kill cam after kill cam of guys spinning 180 degrees and getting headshotsCompletely full of hackers, aimbots and wallhacks. I bought this solely for the multi-player component so I can't speak to the single player campaign but the multi-player component is atrocious. By far the worst part of this game is finding a game that is free of hackers. It is extremely frustrating to see kill cam after kill cam of guys spinning 180 degrees and getting headshots accross the map on the first bullet. Also, finding a game in the first place is a huge pain, the lack of dedicated servers means your game gets interrupted every 10mins when the "host" leaves the game, trying to find a game based on a few simple filters (like hardcore mode) is simply not possible, and it's always a crap shoot with your ping if the game decides a 9year old from Lithuania is the game host. They simply given up on the PC format, it's as simple as that. Such a shame since the actual game play is pretty fun (albeit old hat). The gun play feels solid and responsive and the levelling up of weapons is always a blast. Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2012
    I heard people say this a lot: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    Maybe they are right I can see why people like this because it does work. (even if poorly ported for pc)
    But than I would say: "If it ain't new, don't buy it". Because it is as most people would say more of a standalone expansion than a new game and thus paying the full 60 dollar doesn't make any sense. If they sold this
    I heard people say this a lot: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    But than I would say: "If it ain't new, don't buy it".

If they sold this for 20~ dollar and said it was a(n) (standalone) expansion I would find it acceptable.
    But they claimed it was something completely new and by doing so I assume that they don't think very highly of their customers because, they seem to think that we wouldn't notice.

That being said I wont give this game a 0 because it isn't technically broken, but it is pretty much a ripoff with the biggest change being the 2 changing into a 3 in the title of the game.
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    they mislabeled this game was "mw3" even though it's just mw2. this is an embarrassment to gaming. i wonder how many more rehashes they will produce?
  26. Mar 7, 2012
    I have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MWI have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MW or MW3 then you can buy MW3 BUT this is suicide Expand
  27. Mar 7, 2012
    The companies definately get paid to give this high rating. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever, and i have to say, i never played Battlefield until today. Why? Because Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge let down. Too unrealistic gameplay, no matter Arcade Shooter or not. Unreal Tournament 1999 was more realistic, lol! The guns are the same from MW2, even less shall i say.The companies definately get paid to give this high rating. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever, and i have to say, i never played Battlefield until today. Why? Because Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge let down. Too unrealistic gameplay, no matter Arcade Shooter or not. Unreal Tournament 1999 was more realistic, lol! The guns are the same from MW2, even less shall i say. The graphics are horrible, the engine on that has about 3 or 4 years old. The maps are disgusting, i could make better maps with the Black Ops Editor.. Call of Duty is now a trap for gamer kids. It's a Money machine. All they want is money, to keep making games, and they want it the easy way. People who give this a 10/10 got paid by Infinity Ward. Don't believe me? You are not a gamer. Look at PC, Intel pays people to give their products high rating, but atleast Intel has the Quality coming with it's product. Now look at this bunch of lazy Game Developpers called Infinity Ward, they failed big time. I hope one of their representative will see this. You failed! Why? For selling us a game that is so short, lacking in content, with a 3 or 4 years old Graphic engine, and the same story as Modern Warfare 2! This is basically worth 19,99$ at best brand new. I wasted money on that, but now i bought a high quality game worth to pay for called : Battlefield 3. There is also Medal of Honor (2010) which has been a very nice game. I am far from being a new gamer, i played the old MOH's, COD's, Wolfensteins and all those popular shooter, and this ain't worthy of being a game sold for 59,99 $ (MW3) ... Do not buy please. P.S: I am NOT a fan boy of any games, i am just a very ''IN'' gamer who is capable of making constructive reviews. Kids who give MW3 a 10/10 rating, please learn gaming industry aspects, and then you might be able to give the game his correct easy-earned rating (BAD rating) ... I am now playing Battlefield 3 and waiting for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. Oh, also i can tell by MW3 being unrealistic cause i'm in the army. That's an addition to a constructive review. Let this franchise die, it's what it has earned. Thanks. Infinity Ward, next time think before making such a bad game, MW2 was bad, but you beat your death timer limit with MW3. Have fun players! Expand
  28. Mar 13, 2012
    I have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom lineI have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom line is: There are sooooooo many fresher, more innovative games out there. Even many new sequels I know of have brought something legit to the table. Call of Duty MW3 is stuck in 2009. There's not enough NEW innovation to consider this game a worthy standalone game or a sequel to the original two. I suppose after beating Crysis about 50 times back in 2008 I've been spoiled ever since. Well, maybe it was half-life 2? Hell Half-Life 1 is more interesting than this. Ah so many games just **** on this piece of garbage. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    To get right to the point. Modern Warfare 3 "IS" Modern Warfare 2.5. All the jokes and criticism you find online about the game are well founded. If this game was released by any other publisher, it would be called DLC, not a new $60 game that milks it's "blind" fanbase for all its wroth. This game is getting constantly compared to Battlefield 3, and having played both, Battlefield 3 if aTo get right to the point. Modern Warfare 3 "IS" Modern Warfare 2.5. All the jokes and criticism you find online about the game are well founded. If this game was released by any other publisher, it would be called DLC, not a new $60 game that milks it's "blind" fanbase for all its wroth. This game is getting constantly compared to Battlefield 3, and having played both, Battlefield 3 if a far superior in many respects. Gameplay, graphics, level of detail, atmosphere, sound, all of it. Yes, MW3 has and will beat BF3 is sales, too many of the aforementioned blind faith fans of the series, most of that fan base being "kids". However BF3 win hands down in all other areas. Taking more industry awards than MW3 and being criticized by more "mature" gamers across the Internet for it pure lack of advancement.

We all understand this game is 6 years out of date, but there are just so many aspects of the game that are laughable. The same exact textures used time and time again, they did not even bother to slap a texture of a bullet in the clips when you reload. Its just blank. Now, they are begging for help from fans to try and raise the game's Meta Score. I think they need to take this to heart. This is how most real gamers feel about the game, how they feel about Activision. The game is stale at best and the Call of Duty name is more of a joke to many gamers than anything else. I find it sad that such a great series had been reduced to this.
  30. Jan 27, 2012
    Quite simply single player is passable, but it's hard to tell the quality of the multiplayer. This is mostly due to the fact that almost no one can actually connect to the MW3 servers. Waste of money especially considering this has been a problem since launch and nothing has been done.
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    This isn't a rant from a review "bomber" as the media is putting it, this is a review from a truly disheartened Call of Duty fan and PC gamer. Modern Warfare 3 is unbelievably disappointing for a franchise which used to be the leader in innovation for the FPS genre. Yes the graphics, menus, sound effects, and just about everything else are identical to Modern Warfare 2. I can forgive theThis isn't a rant from a review "bomber" as the media is putting it, this is a review from a truly disheartened Call of Duty fan and PC gamer. Modern Warfare 3 is unbelievably disappointing for a franchise which used to be the leader in innovation for the FPS genre. Yes the graphics, menus, sound effects, and just about everything else are identical to Modern Warfare 2. I can forgive the game to a certain extent for the recycling, but what I cannot accept is how bad the map design, respawns, and matchmaking system is. The maps are smaller than ever, circular mazes of narrow alleys littered with random junk and enemies respawning behind you. 80% of your deaths will be someone who respawned and shot you in your back. Apparently Infinity Ward learned nothing from the failure of the matchmaking system in Modern Warfare 2 as the exact same system is back in full force, and that once again means you cannot kick the many hackers, cheaters, racists, and flamers you will inevitably meet, this of course not counting the fact that you will often experience lag in games where you will shoot half your clip only to see in the killcam that you were standing like an idiot and only managing to fire off 2 bullets. The inclusion of dedicated servers would have fixed 1/2 the issues of what is an "okay" game, but sadly it is not to be. Avoid the PC version, it's not worth the heart ache. Expand
  32. Mar 8, 2012
    WHAT THE F*** WERE THEY THINKING - This is a game I will openly admit to pirating, I downloaded this game off the internet without paying *gasp* why? because... copy/paste of modern warfare 2. they bought back dedicated servers for the pc in black ops along with zombies. zombies are the only reason I purchased black ops, the story was interesting but ultimately redundant when you enter theWHAT THE F*** WERE THEY THINKING - This is a game I will openly admit to pirating, I downloaded this game off the internet without paying *gasp* why? because... copy/paste of modern warfare 2. they bought back dedicated servers for the pc in black ops along with zombies. zombies are the only reason I purchased black ops, the story was interesting but ultimately redundant when you enter the multiplayer only to hear people arguing over who has the bigger **** because they got a 360 noscope. To a point this is funny but its in EVERY cod game, you simply don't get this in battlefied because there are filtered voice channels to cut out the bs HINT HINT...... this is more a map pack than a new game, I may have considered buying this if it was an addon for mw2 for like $10 as I own mw2 (only for the fact that I can't re-sell my cd key) Expand
  33. Feb 10, 2012
    Horrible game, lackluster multi-player that doesn't feel fresh or fun, short single player campaign and very dated graphics. Not worth the money.....
  34. Feb 16, 2012
    If you got MW1, MW2 or MW:BO than you don't need this its the same game really in a new wrapper. There is not much else to say, it Recycles everything and again turn into another "America **** Yea" game.
  35. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3's developer begging on Twitter for users to increase MW3's metascore is on its own cause for a big fat zero... [Quote from IGN] Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic. "I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It'sMW3's developer begging on Twitter for users to increase MW3's metascore is on its own cause for a big fat zero... [Quote from IGN] Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic. "I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree." [End Quote] Expand
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    A big disappointment overall with MW3. Basically its a re-skin/map pack of MW2. Same layout, same fonts, same game engine &the same pos IWNet. I bought MW3 because they said it will support dedicated servers (which they semi lied to me). You can play on dedicated servers but they are non-ranked. Therefore your unlocks will not carry over & you wont get experience. If you want to playA big disappointment overall with MW3. Basically its a re-skin/map pack of MW2. Same layout, same fonts, same game engine &the same pos IWNet. I bought MW3 because they said it will support dedicated servers (which they semi lied to me). You can play on dedicated servers but they are non-ranked. Therefore your unlocks will not carry over & you wont get experience. If you want to play on a ranked server, you'll have to use the pos IWNet (someone hosting). Its the same ole mindless run n' gun prestige crap that you've seen. Very little innovation.

Stick to MW2, better yet BLoPS since they support dedicated servers. You'll save yourself the 60 bucks because this expensive skin/map pack isn't worth it!
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game

This game really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    This is another copy and paste game, i was extremely disappointed with this game. The campaign was terrible, as RazielDe described it quite accurately. The Multiplayer is exactly like the previous game (MW2) with a few tid bits added it to make it seem different than MW2, but they are not fooling anyone. The Maps are Horribly designed , resulting in almost all of the game being indoors.
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    The brand of CoD is so powerful, they don't even need to add much compared to previous games to sell millions of copies to make a lot of profit. This results in a game that we've already had here before (MW2, Black Ops).
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Complete waste of money and a joke, same as Mw2 over and over............................................................................................................................................................................................................................. the campaign sucks, online is the same again can't stand infinity ward fml
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the same game as MW2 basically, nothing great about this game at all. Graphics still look horrible and game play is same as any other COD. no big changes at all made to this game. Id rather play World at War
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or theIt's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or the more "elite" who hide in a corner of the map and wait for you to run by. If this had been my first exposure to the COD franchise, I may have considered an average score. However, this game does nothing to improve on an already successful franchise. Complete waste of time and a backwards step for the industry. Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    three words.

complete dog ****

the movement, the sounds, the feel of the weapons, just plain horrible. I want my 60 dollars back.
    Activision.. go **** yourself
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    This piece of crap is MW2 all over again. I should have saved my money and stayed playing BF3. I got it for all the hype involved and I wont buy another MW installment never again.
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    Ce jeu est une merde c'est un copier coller de modern warfare 1 mais a 70 euros grosse merde du deja vu 600000000fois le solo est ennuyant a mourir les script on les connait tous il était deja présent dans mw1 le jeu est moche c'est de l'arnaque !!!!!!!!!!
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    come on ... when I got the game I thought that the seller cheated me because the game was identical to the one game I had played only two years ago inta a word JOKE
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bf3 is a so nice but mw3 is look like mw1 and 2 and i dont want to play those game again in mp bf3 is awsome but mw3 is not good but split screen is good Expand
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    So here I am, a fan of BF and COD since the beggining and I finally have both of the latest games installed on my PC..

I feel like a morning of playing the MW3 singleplayer... So I start it up...and it crashes instantly. Give a few more goes...keeps crashing... I decide to monitor system resources as this is going on... Near as dammit 100% Core usage and 100% system and Graphics memory

Give a few more goes...keeps crashing...

I decide to monitor system resources as this is going on...

Near as dammit 100% Core usage and 100% system and Graphics memory usage. And from what I can tell the game wants even more before it will run!

So I finally get into the mission and the framerate is hovering about an average of 15 with highs of 30..until and explosion! ONE. FRAME. PER. SECOND. EXCELLENT.

This system runs BF3 on high without breaking a sweat.

I LOL'd. Then I was sad because I spent £35 on a game thats dead to me.
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    How about no. You are an idiot if you're paying for this. Literally the same game as MW2 with VERY little change. SP is the worst out of the 3. This review doesn't even deserve any more words.
  50. Nov 13, 2011
    I play on PC, and have a 27MB connection...As well as an amazing AMD 6 core rig.

But thanks to this **** called P2P matchmaking, I cant even get 3/10 bars of ping (reset it to 10, intervals of 20 MS). I have a topic on this, with internet tests to show what I got. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2229603 OH and lets add this to the list: No CoD ELITE No Founder

OH and lets add this to the list:
    No CoD ELITE
    No Founder Status/camo
    No ranked dedi servers
    Being lied to about the Dew/Duritos Double XP STILL having to pay FULL PRICE for ALL DLC (TY no elite)
    OH, and a little top off.......NO PRESTIGE TOKENS FOR PC USERS FOR PREVIOUS COD'S
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    This game was rubbish and is identical to the majority of Call of Duty that came before it. Do not buy. KILL WITH FIRE and go buy Skyrim. At least it has decent graphics and good gameplay. That and the single-player was a complete dissapointment .
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    I find it disgraceful how they continue to milk the franchise by asking a full AAA-price that doesn't show in any comparable changes. Not only do they further consolize PC versions, but it has a huge negative effect on the game industry as a whole that does not reward creativity or innovation.
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    Its MW2 with new maps and a campaign which i have not even played yet. Purely from multiplayer side it looks like I went and got my mw2 CD out and installed it. They even forgot to change the error code when the game crashes, it says do you want to reset your settings to mw2, yes go check it out. Dissapointment that developers can make such a DLC and sell as a brand new game. There is noIts MW2 with new maps and a campaign which i have not even played yet. Purely from multiplayer side it looks like I went and got my mw2 CD out and installed it. They even forgot to change the error code when the game crashes, it says do you want to reset your settings to mw2, yes go check it out. Dissapointment that developers can make such a DLC and sell as a brand new game. There is no battle between bf3 and mw3, bf3 although totally different game, beats mw3 on all accounts. bf3 even beats them on guns details and being able to climb on stuff where mw3 map developers said " no u cannot even jump on that small box" Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    And I quote: "Modern Warfare 3 is pure perfection in gameplay and graphics, and it's only going to get better as more DLC arrives and the game is refined and balanced as the designers analyze real-time data from all the matches being played." Wait, pure perfection in graphics? Am I missing something? The CoD franchise hasn't seen improvements in quality in years, what is this guy/siteAnd I quote: "Modern Warfare 3 is pure perfection in gameplay and graphics, and it's only going to get better as more DLC arrives and the game is refined and balanced as the designers analyze real-time data from all the matches being played." Wait, pure perfection in graphics? Am I missing something? The CoD franchise hasn't seen improvements in quality in years, what is this guy/site talking about?

It is sickening that Activision just slapped new skins over the old gun models, reused many map models from previous games, and even had the balls to allow players to pay an extra $50 for a stat service. Just goes to show that loyal fans will always be just that, loyal. I don't understand how anyone could truly say this game is something new..
  56. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big nameI'm not sure why they think they can just keep making the exact same game, putting a new higher number on the end of the title, and releasing it to awesome reviews. Hey management and development team for CoD, here's a message made just for you: the PC gamer made you. Start treating them with some respect and not giving us this insulting bs. You guys took more time signing up big name movie stars for your commercials than you did making a good game. Expand
  57. Jan 21, 2012
    Activition made a great mistake letting the game release AFTER battlefield 3 (a masterpiece). The game showed almost no change, They've made a few things. True, but my personal opinion is DISAPPOINTED. I really am.

I played the whole campaign, yes, but just to finish the story, but not with the desire of enjoying the game as I did with the previews ones. It is just a shame. I just had more expectations, I this killed all. I don't know, I feel sorry for the game as a part of our lives, because everyone loved this as much as I did and much more, much they did not put too much effort on developping this final chapter.

I believe that this company must try a little harder next time, because I don't know if I will be buying another Call Of Duty in a future.
  58. Jan 22, 2012
    Very bad multiplayer game 10/2. I think infinity ward died for this game. Too many ppl said "such multiplayer game". MW2 >Cod 4>MW3 Call of duty going to dying. Too many lag, overpowerd weapons etc. Watch lag problem in youtube. Too many ppl ask this problem 2 month ago. But COD not answer.
  59. Jan 24, 2012
    I can't put into words how much of a disappointment this installment of COD is. Let me start by saying that I really wanted this game to live up to the hype and advertising. Unfortunately, what my $60 paid for was a map pack for MW2. Yes, there are a few new features, such as leveling your guns, but ultimately it is MW2. Same graphics, same sounds, many of the same models, and of courseI can't put into words how much of a disappointment this installment of COD is. Let me start by saying that I really wanted this game to live up to the hype and advertising. Unfortunately, what my $60 paid for was a map pack for MW2. Yes, there are a few new features, such as leveling your guns, but ultimately it is MW2. Same graphics, same sounds, many of the same models, and of course the hackers are back in force. Like MW2, it would have been a decent game if they would have at least attempted to do something about the hackers. But they didn't. Hell, half of them wear it like a badge of honor that they are hacking and nobody is going to stop them. Okay, enough grumbling. Here are the issues that I have with a $60 map pack. First, and most obvious, I already paid for this game 3 years ago. Second, the maps are entirely too small, even for COD. The match making system is terrible. Either you have no lag and the rest of the teams are lagging, or your are watching a slide show. Even when it does not appear to be lagging you can empty a magazine in an enemy and never register a hit. Most of the weapons and damage are pretty good so I'll give credit where it is due. The akimbo option ruins the game. They are entirely too accurate at distance. So what happens is all of your matches turn into a spray and pray competition between akimbo's. In general the hit boxes are terrible, but I am not sure if it is the lag or the hit box. Either way, you would think that all the money the fans of COD pumped into this company, they could at least have solid net code. If not for the lag issues, the major issues with hackers, and the fact that it is simply a recycled game from 3 years ago with no innovation, I would have rated this much higher. As it is, it is unplayable in multiplayer. Expand
  60. Feb 5, 2012
    Giving this game a ZERO. Not because in itself its that bad...I am effing tired of all the hackers..and the price you pay to play this game. I've heard my friends whine since MW2 about COD...I held the line until now....am UNINSTALLING this piece of crap. So angry at the lack of effort addressing the hacking issue. STOP MAKING GAME THE SAME WAY IF ON DAY ONE THE HACKS ARE RAMPANT!Giving this game a ZERO. Not because in itself its that bad...I am effing tired of all the hackers..and the price you pay to play this game. I've heard my friends whine since MW2 about COD...I held the line until now....am UNINSTALLING this piece of crap. So angry at the lack of effort addressing the hacking issue. STOP MAKING GAME THE SAME WAY IF ON DAY ONE THE HACKS ARE RAMPANT! Steam! VAC! Wake up! Also, all the overpowered weapons and expliots. Game is over-run with noobs using the cheapest gun. COD brings out the worst in all of us. If you are selfish, cheap and noobish, CODMW3 is for you. The series has lost its purity since COD2...all these stupid perks and killstreaks. I almost quit playing CODMW2 because of all that crap...Stopping Power UMP45 silenced...I thought either I stop playing or I adjust and beat all the noobs at their own game. I adjusted...I became selfish and nooby...diong the same cheap crappy exploitive spam that everyone else was doing. I lost my integrity. by NOT playing the sequel, I get my integrity back! Expand
  61. Jan 27, 2012
    Finally got to try it, wait no I've already played this. Oh no, that was MW and MW2. Same game with new maps and stats. Graphics updated? Nope. Gameplay updated? Nope. PC users gets the shaft again? YES! I miss how PC games use to be $49.99, but because of this crappy company deciding to bump it up to $59.99, every other company followed suit. Crap game for a crap price.
  62. Jan 30, 2012
    If you've played a previous Modern Warfare, try this out - for a laugh. Most of the single-player missions you do - as usual - have little to none connection to the plot. So essentially you'll be shooting hordes of Russians for a few hours straight. There's no technical advancement in the game. They've done *nothing* to the multiplayer, *nothing* to the graphics, *nothing* to the engine.If you've played a previous Modern Warfare, try this out - for a laugh. Most of the single-player missions you do - as usual - have little to none connection to the plot. So essentially you'll be shooting hordes of Russians for a few hours straight. There's no technical advancement in the game. They've done *nothing* to the multiplayer, *nothing* to the graphics, *nothing* to the engine. In other words, you're buying a DLC to Modern Warfare 1. Please, don't buy this game, and if you did it, I can bet you're disappointed. Expand
  63. Feb 3, 2012
    This is more of an expansion than a stand alone game. No servers, no proper spawn system, nothing new at all, no more Activision for me. Fanboys will be fanboys, and you can whatever you want about sales but lets face it CoD does not look good, or play well and there are thousands of games you could buy for the price of this garbage.
  64. Feb 3, 2012
    wow 2 damn bullets to head from sniper and he's still walking, gj...... than shotguns 3 shoots from close range to kill( expect overpowerd striker), when we are at striker i just got 360 noscope with that sniper ...... than hitbox sux badly , small map, same engine
  65. Feb 6, 2012
    Same **** old graphics Modern warfare 2,5 ; / Better play on free Modern warafre 3 http://altermw3.net/ For free ; ) This is bad how Infinity ward take care about PC gamers ; (
  66. Feb 6, 2012
    This game SUCKS! Its not even old cod anymore, its not even a new idea, its the same thing all over again. I dont know how you people waste money on these things. They only care about the money. This game, is the same thing, THREE TIMES ALLREADY.

67. Feb 10, 2012
    This game fails on so many levels, i only played it on PC and i hated 90% of the players already for talking childish **** every game, i can only imagine how bad it gets on a Console! The game feels like a old PS1 run and gun game, every aspect of this trash is old and it's easy to get many kills, good job it's the perfect game for people with down syndrome!
  68. Mar 4, 2012
    I used to like the multiplayer part of the game, but with the amount of hackers in it nowadays, and the lack of possibilities for pc-gamers to do anything about it, I feel screwed - once again by Infinity Ward. You should really be ashamed of yourself! Good game that has been totally destroyed, by hackers/cheaters, and the developers who doesnt care about anything else than money... MostI used to like the multiplayer part of the game, but with the amount of hackers in it nowadays, and the lack of possibilities for pc-gamers to do anything about it, I feel screwed - once again by Infinity Ward. You should really be ashamed of yourself! Good game that has been totally destroyed, by hackers/cheaters, and the developers who doesnt care about anything else than money... Most of all I dont get how it can be so hard for Infinity Ward to secure the game from hackers, YOU KNEW IT FROM MW2, and yet you release the same piece of junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unplayable!
  69. Mar 7, 2012
    So, Russia managed to invade the southwest and east coasts AND the central US SIMULTANEOUSLY only to do a backflip into occupying all of Europe. . . instantly. Go back to incessantly reliving WW2. At least then you had a template. Your plot writers are truly awful. Score: -1
  70. Mar 14, 2012
    still kicking myself for paying money for this garbage. black ops had better graphics and gameplay. it's amazing they could actually take 2 steps BACKWARDS, in terms of quality, and publish this. also, why are the maps so ridiculously small? 32 pax on a 16 player map? really?

i've since learned my lesson...STOP preordering games. wait to see the player reviews and comments.
  71. Mar 13, 2012
    No new innovations. Extremely bad graphics for 2011. Really bad and close Field of View (not adjustable). No ranked dedicated servers. Cheesy inappropriate soundtrack. Blatant marketing ploys such as paid Elite package. Instantly forgettable crappy single player. Moronic fans support. Obviously dated interface.

MARKS THE DEATH OF CALL OF DUTY SERIES. High profile trash like this makes you

MARKS THE DEATH OF CALL OF DUTY SERIES. High profile trash like this makes you want to pirate games.
  72. Apr 3, 2012
    this is an absolute rubbish console port for the pc. unfair multiplayer with no ranked dedis, bad graphics, no special pc abilities... infinity ward reprinted mw2 with a 3 on the end and activision is digging people's pockets for money. at least the singleplayer's not bad. campaign is crazy as always and spec ops is fun with friends
  73. Apr 12, 2012
    Same game, different year. These games are always well produced and look decent (for a military simulator), but they're basically just soulless Counterstrike-style generic shooters without the cool mechanics that made counterstrike unique and awesome. Tired of bad modern military garbage games being repacked year after year. Leave this one for the kiddies and bads. (Play Tribes: Ascend instead)
  74. Apr 23, 2012
    NOT innovative NOt new NOT very good graphics. these are one of the many reasons why Cod Mw3 was shelved by Cod fans.So if ur new to cod buy it but if not Please dont bother. If u got sick of Mw3 try Battlefield 3 or Counter Strike Source ,there much better games
  75. May 15, 2012
    Same game as the last ones since COD4. No improvement on the engine whatsoever. Nothing new pretty much a textures pack. Don't waste your time with this cookie cutter title.
  76. May 28, 2012
    Let's just forget for a second that this game is completely overhyped. Let's forget that it's overrated. Let's just focus on the gameplay of this terrible piece of crap. Imbalanced weapons? Check. Ugly-looking maps with way too much clutter? Check. Boring single-player campaign with predictable "set pieces" (if they even deserve to be called that)? Checkaroo. Yup, this game is loaded withLet's just forget for a second that this game is completely overhyped. Let's forget that it's overrated. Let's just focus on the gameplay of this terrible piece of crap. Imbalanced weapons? Check. Ugly-looking maps with way too much clutter? Check. Boring single-player campaign with predictable "set pieces" (if they even deserve to be called that)? Checkaroo. Yup, this game is loaded with content. Content that makes you wonder how and why people even play this piece of absolute rubbish. Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    At this point, CoD is a measure of the success of a popular formula and great PR, that somehow remains undiminished even after a nearly identical (re) release year after year. What's it bringing to the table?

Do you guys remember when FPS games used to have to bring something new each year? Doom 2 had the double-barrel shotgun, Quake2/3 had single/multiplayer, Unreal Tournament added mission-based deathamtch, then ragdoll physics, then awesome vehicle modes, even Halo tries to add some new and interesting weapons and vehicles at each outting.

What does CoD give us? A rather high price tag, and if past releases are any indication, map packs that are old content re-released for a premium.
  78. Apr 27, 2012
    Once again, I'll skip the single player, since...well, I'm actually playing the multiplayer due to a promotion and this is a review made in about 48 hours of gameplay (not literally, but I think it's enough, and I'll explain why). So let's go to the multiplayer...and well, once again, you can see the effort put into this game, because there is little or none of it. Personal criticismOnce again, I'll skip the single player, since...well, I'm actually playing the multiplayer due to a promotion and this is a review made in about 48 hours of gameplay (not literally, but I think it's enough, and I'll explain why). So let's go to the multiplayer...and well, once again, you can see the effort put into this game, because there is little or none of it. Personal criticism apart, I knew this game wasn't going to be any good at all, and for many reasons. First of all, lots of stuff is blocked from the very start, and I mean LOTS (even playmodes...really?), making you play for unlocking first the class customization, then modes, and veeeery slowly the weapons, perks, and so on...Didn't I see this game somewhere? But really, I can't stand a game where you have to play so much for unlocking FEW things, and those few things so far very USELESS (i've unlocked about 3-4 perks, and none of those were any useful, and the few weapons I've got I barely used half of them) and since now the levels are 80 (without counting the 20 prestiges), the grinding will be immensive. The arenas are...actually kinda better than the previous game; they aren't great but I really didn't complain so much about them than the previous game, and some of them are also good for different modes. Too bad campers still exist, and they'll exploit, once again, any blind corners in order to easily win, and once again if they try to say that this was actually planned, then I'll continue to say that they should think twice. And make much better maps. Ok, a good improvement are the levels on the weapons: the idea is very nice and actually makes you want to improve that particular weapon, but as I said I've been using a total of 3-4 weapons, and they were a lot similar to each others. I don't like to compare to other games, but this is basically the same game once again, and as I said before even though I played for a little time, I could see the major similarities between this and the previous game (which I played for about 4-6 months), with so few changes that it's hard to not notice; I would have highly suggested this game if it wasn't for the HUGE price and if it costed like 20 or 30 euros, but really, for 60-70 euros/dollars for a game that barely lasts one year and also for a game that rarely gets cheaper, I'll strongly advise to skip it and spend that money for any other game: it will be worth of your money. Expand
  79. Dec 6, 2011
    If I wanted to play mw2 again I would have just started that up on steam instead of this pile of garbage. These **** developers don't care about how good the game is at all, they just put something together that they think will make money. I don't give it a 0 because it isn't the worst game ever. I'll give them a 1 for effort, and a miserable failure for a game. This is one game whereIf I wanted to play mw2 again I would have just started that up on steam instead of this pile of garbage. These **** developers don't care about how good the game is at all, they just put something together that they think will make money. I don't give it a 0 because it isn't the worst game ever. I'll give them a 1 for effort, and a miserable failure for a game. This is one game where pirates can do what they want, I won't feel bad, this isn't worth **** Expand
  80. Nov 26, 2011
    Another COD, another year.
    + Single player is inrtesting,fun and epic
    - Single player lasts only 4.5 hours + Co-Op offers alot of content in which you alone or with a friend can waste alot of time trying to get higher scores,rank up and earn achievments -Multiplayer is unbalanced, Akimbo weapons are OP, Everyone camps, Broken hit detection, OP killstreaks and it has a weak anti cheat
    Another COD, another year.
    + Single player is inrtesting,fun and epic
    - Single player lasts only 4.5 hours
    -Multiplayer is unbalanced, Akimbo weapons are OP, Everyone camps, Broken hit detection, OP killstreaks and it has a weak anti cheat system that nevers bans hackers
    +Even thought the MP suffers from alot of problems it's still playable, it's not as good as COD2's,COD4's or BLack Opse's MP but it still can be fun here and there.
    - Ugly outdated visuals
    - Alot of content in the game is copy pasted from MW2.
    + Good optimization, unlike previous COD titles that were extreamly unoptimized and cheap console ports this COD game runs nice and smooth even on low to mid range gaming PCs.
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    Woops, I gave it a 10 when I meant a 3. My bad. Anyways, the solo in this game, the solo in BF3, the solo in Black Ops, the solo in MW2 all are not worth more than $7.00.
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    same old engine, same multiplayer as before but still a nusaince to play on the PC without feeling like your just playing a ported game from the Xbox. Story is the same and it just feels like i am playing a game that does not care and is just auto pilot: Chase scenes, explosions music all fine and dandy but can we have SOMETHING NEW ?!
  83. Dec 21, 2011
    Contrary to those who trashed this game without even playing it, I decided to write a balanced review after splashing out on it and putting in some hours.

MW3 has a decent single player campaign (although typically short and linear) and reasonable co-op modes, but for me (and most players), it shall be judged upon its multiplayer mode. Now I don't care that it's similar to the last game (why change a formula which is good?), but several key problems crop up. Probably the same things as everyone else, but never mind (do you get it yet, IW/Sledgehammer/Activision?). They are:

- No Field of View (FOV) setting in the menu. I dont suffer from motion sickness, but prefer a higher FOV and this game can be a bit disorienting because of the tunnel vision of the narrow forced setting.

- The maps are rather small, and feel rather "samey". Think Favela from MW2, or Showdown from MW. Like Overgrown from MW and MW2? Forget it - nothing that big here.

- Some of the weapons seriously need to be balanced better (twin machine pistols are back!!!).

- The matchmaking is rubbish, seemingly even worse than in MW2! Dedicated servers were put in the game, following the outcry after MW2, but guess what, they're unranked, rendering them pointless to the millions of gamers who play for the rewards of unlocks etc.

Once again, this should've been a return to form for the CoD franchise, but I'm left disappointed. It's perhaps unfair to blame the developers - they've probably been driven to the wall by Activision to get the game out on time, and reduced their efforts on the PC to get the lucrative console stuff up to scratch.
  84. Dec 15, 2011
    No innovation same old same old, campaign is terrible (unlike the usual mediocre). Still uses basically the same engine as CoDMW2, but for some reason call it something other than IW5. Graphics are okay, but I blame the lack of development in consoles for that. With that in mind MW3 is way to focused on consoles, controls just feel awkward on the PC. Not to mention that MW3 is still usingNo innovation same old same old, campaign is terrible (unlike the usual mediocre). Still uses basically the same engine as CoDMW2, but for some reason call it something other than IW5. Graphics are okay, but I blame the lack of development in consoles for that. With that in mind MW3 is way to focused on consoles, controls just feel awkward on the PC. Not to mention that MW3 is still using basically the same weapons as CoD4 (one of my biggest pet peeves for the recent CoDs). Multiplayer, is p2p still (WTF). Seriously their really isn't much that is done right with MW3. Luckily after playing this game for about 2 hours, I went back to the store and returned it for store credits which I used for Saints Row 3 and some other small stuff.
    Really wish a big name critic would give this 40 or lower, and simply put "We're tired of this ****
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    A game from another time, it would have been great 1 year after the first modern warfare. It cans only wait on its fans to be played , other players will see it as a short single player with no surprise and a multiplayer that hasn't really evolved since the first modern warfare. It you are attracted du great visual details, pass your way the engine looks old and some of the animationsA game from another time, it would have been great 1 year after the first modern warfare. It cans only wait on its fans to be played , other players will see it as a short single player with no surprise and a multiplayer that hasn't really evolved since the first modern warfare. It you are attracted du great visual details, pass your way the engine looks old and some of the animations really poor. MW3 may be bought at 15â Expand
  86. Mar 19, 2012
    All this game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with a 3 on the end of it. The story is utterly horrible (Half of the missions and buildings look like they are from MW2 and CoD 4, which is pretty sad). The multiplayer is also rigged, cheaters still, and horrible dedicated servers, which most of them have retarted mods or something like that. Do not buy this game at all. Stick with BF3, orAll this game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with a 3 on the end of it. The story is utterly horrible (Half of the missions and buildings look like they are from MW2 and CoD 4, which is pretty sad). The multiplayer is also rigged, cheaters still, and horrible dedicated servers, which most of them have retarted mods or something like that. Do not buy this game at all. Stick with BF3, or just play CoD4. The game has no value.
    Like I said with CoD Black Ops, I wouldn't even buy this if it got on the 99 cent display at some store because Activision got really pissed off that it got a low score. I hope the CoD series will be discontinued after the release of Black Ops 2, which will probably also be a complete failure, compared to the other games in the series like WaW, MW2, Black Ops, and MW3.
    Good Bye Call of Duty. You will not be missed by PC gamers, but possibly Console gamers who think your game are not a total rip off and are actually a good price.
  87. Dec 11, 2011
    The only good about this game is the story on single player
    the graphics and the UI is like the old mw2 COD just dont care about anything anymore they just make a game fast and then they place it on stores for a lot $$$ yeah
    The only good about this game is the story on single player
    i am glad i didnt pay for this **** i have play it for 2 hours on my friends pc and i saw a lot of hackers on multi.... not fair game.... i am glad i buy bf3 for half money it is just perfect and i will get the new dlc for free what more can i ask for?
  88. Dec 5, 2011
    Terrible game play, possibly worse than the last few COD games which were also pretty terrible. Matchmaking is really bad, since it's obviously designed for xbox. Gameplay feels overall clunky. Graphics are beyond bad at this point in the series as compared to BF3 which are top of the line graphics now. I should have listened to reviews on here, but I figured I could go to some LANTerrible game play, possibly worse than the last few COD games which were also pretty terrible. Matchmaking is really bad, since it's obviously designed for xbox. Gameplay feels overall clunky. Graphics are beyond bad at this point in the series as compared to BF3 which are top of the line graphics now. I should have listened to reviews on here, but I figured I could go to some LAN tourneys for this game for some 5v5, but now that I've played it, no way will I ever do that. This is what happens when a CEO like bobby kotick destroys your business, and bleeds a game dry. I don't see where all that profit goes from games like COD. Must go into the CEO's mansion because it surely isn't going into the development of these games. Expand
  89. Apr 18, 2012
    What a painful let-down this game was. Word of advice to any aspiring game developers reading this: if porting to a PC feels wrong, and you don't see yourself supporting the platform, don't. More importantly, however, when you shatter sales records and don't bother to hide the fact (as seen in crashes) that your game is simply your last game with a new SP plot and a few MP maps, you shouldWhat a painful let-down this game was. Word of advice to any aspiring game developers reading this: if porting to a PC feels wrong, and you don't see yourself supporting the platform, don't. More importantly, however, when you shatter sales records and don't bother to hide the fact (as seen in crashes) that your game is simply your last game with a new SP plot and a few MP maps, you should be arrested, but you probably aren't as lazy as IW. Expand
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    60 Euros map pack? It's time to make a stand and say to being exploited by these damn huge gaming corporations that took the fun out of our games and make them into cash grabbing schemes. Most worthless game out there and it's pretty clear by this point that all media taking covering this game got payed big money to cover for it's HUGE flaws.
  91. Dec 23, 2011
    Decent game, unfortunately its largely just a remake of modern warfare 2 with some slight tweaks. The single player is action-packed but fairly generic. If you bought this for the multiplayer you will probably be disappointed. It lacks any new features, the maps are rather boring and its absolutely packed with hackers ruining it for everyone.
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    Mi high end PC almost regurgited MW3 disc afeter I booted it. Can´t believe how updated Infinity Ward´s engine is. Now I really understand why everybody is so dissapointed at this expansion pack, it is because they are selling a 5 years old product as if it were something new.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    Nothing new since mw2. Iw-net is still a failure, dedicated servers are unranked and have lots of problems. This is nothing more then a map pack for mw2, only that mw2 stock maps are better. Then we dont have a dev console, locked max fps etc.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Before I start, yes, I have played MW3 and BF3. Now, I just want to make something clear, MW3 has torn my faith into shreds that I once had for the COD series. However, before I start to rage, let's move onto the problems. 1)Graphics Engine is SOOO outdated, I could get games on the PS2 that have graphics that are more friendly to my eyes.
    2) Recycled gun noises and models is just laziness
    2) Recycled gun noises and models is just laziness on infinity and sledgehammers part. Come on, atleast make some new noises for once? 3) Again, MORE recycled things. Buildings throughout the campaign and multiplayer I have seen before in previous Modern Warfare games, like I said before, just lack of effort.
    4) NO INNOVATION WHAT SO EVER. Pretty much everything we see in MW3, has been in past games, except a few things, causing me to believe that MW3 was rushed, to produce the same crappy 1 year deadline games.

No Activision/Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer Games, just no. Please next time, try not to create the same things that you have been for the last few years. Try something new.

Overall, what can I say, don't get this game!

P.S. Get Skyrim or BF3 instead.
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cantIs it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell.... Expand
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    Linear and very short campaign, horrible graphics, a lot of dlcs coming, etc... and another call of duty. Modern warfare 3 is not a game, it's a dlc for modern warfare 1, exactly the same game but with new maps, weapons and "4hourscampaign".
    Not a game, juste a **** don't buy it.
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a message to the developers and publishers of Call of Duty: First, ditch the engine you have been using since the first game; then, actually put some effort into redesigning and improving your game rather than just adding some new guns and kill streaks; finally, stop releasing horrid map packs while calling them DLC and charging $15 for something that should be free. To sum thatThis is a message to the developers and publishers of Call of Duty: First, ditch the engine you have been using since the first game; then, actually put some effort into redesigning and improving your game rather than just adding some new guns and kill streaks; finally, stop releasing horrid map packs while calling them DLC and charging $15 for something that should be free. To sum that up: Focus on quality rather than quantity and improve your pricing model. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    This game truly is as bad as they say. It is just MW2 with new maps. The graphics are outrageously dated. Ive been playing black ops since it came out. As soon as I loaded this game I could immediately see lesser quality graphics than that of black ops. I set everything in the game to extra and put it on the highest resolution. The game is pined at 91 FPS(it would go over 91 if i unlockedThis game truly is as bad as they say. It is just MW2 with new maps. The graphics are outrageously dated. Ive been playing black ops since it came out. As soon as I loaded this game I could immediately see lesser quality graphics than that of black ops. I set everything in the game to extra and put it on the highest resolution. The game is pined at 91 FPS(it would go over 91 if i unlocked the fps in the console). It never drops below that . This should tell you something about how un graphically intense this game is. Save your money. Keep playing black ops or MW2. Don't buy into this garbage. This game is an insult!. Expand
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money and would like to spend it on a steaming pile of **** then this game is for you!

Call of Duty is the reason why FPS games have gone down hill. I guess good for Activision as they still make a killing for releasing the same game over and over again.
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    bad game, no one should buy this awkward game, this game sucks and your mother too. this game is bad , very bad, worst game i ever played in my life OMG

copy pasts mw2 just like cod games
  101. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fixI've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fix that. It failed. Infinity Ward put my hopes up saying they will make it 'more like CoD4' and 'dedicated servers'. Unranked dedicated servers - waste! unranked dedis is like a kick in the balls to PC gamers. MW3 is a copy of MW2 with new guns and maps. Only thing I'm happy about is campaign, which i always enjoy in every CoD (even if the story is braindead - Black Ops), and Spec Ops. I like survival mode, its a nice addition. Due to the good singleplayer, i'm giving this game a 6, but Activision really should make multiplayer 'more like CoD4'. Collapse

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012