2.4

1. BMW
    Nov 10, 2011
    well as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitorwell as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitor its a bit frustrating not seeing whats off to ur left or off to ur right as far as i see this game has been over hyped and the sires has fallen this game is just a cash cow for IW compared to the first modern warfare which i STILL play mw3 has no class the only thing that is consistent that i love about the sires it lone wolf arcade style of play THAT'S IT Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Damn this game sucks.. It's like you're playing cod4 lol!.. Every year a new COD but they are always 100% the same.. Same old engine.. What did they change? Add some perks? wow great.. It's like they released a big map pack.. They should go build a new engine, and make a NEW game..
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    This is mw2 with a new, terrible campaign. Im tired of seeing the same game getting released every year. The graphics looks like mw2, the gameplay feels like mw2, there is nothing new.
  4. Dec 10, 2011
    I was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't evenI was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't even bother to finish it.

I will probably buy the next Treyarch release but I will NEVER again buy anything made by Infinity Ward (COD or otherwise) and I suggest you all do the same. BF3 doesn't look any better. Let's hope a new franchise emerges before the inevitable cash cow of MW4.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a maps pack for MW1! And the game takes no skill whatsoever, no need for aiming, no need for caring about health, no need for strategy. At least there are a lot of explosions and bullets, so it is kinda entertaining specially if you play with your friends at home a friday night.
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    fully optimized compared to mw2 and do not feel lost in the map and is visually pleasing to the eyes.MW3 gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game.
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    I've only ever played the first Modern Warfare and skipped the line to this one and its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, sure it feels like an expansion pack but the fact is that it isn't. It works and has a somewhat new storyline and there are new elements included. Sure that doesn't make it the next amazing shooter and a perfect 10 but with so many shooters out there whatI've only ever played the first Modern Warfare and skipped the line to this one and its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, sure it feels like an expansion pack but the fact is that it isn't. It works and has a somewhat new storyline and there are new elements included. Sure that doesn't make it the next amazing shooter and a perfect 10 but with so many shooters out there what haven't you seen in a shooter? What are they supposed to do? They've added some fun new content and the game works. It's a retread sure, but its a Modern Warfare game and I got exactly what I expected some new elements. I was able to play the game all the way through without a crash or some annoying visual bug and that's alot better than dozens of other AAA games out there. Expand
  8. Feb 17, 2012
    I played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it dropsI played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it drops down to 5 to 10 dollars, because playing **** games helps me enjoy the amazing ones even more. Expand
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    There's only one phrase that explains what this game is=Copy&Paste. This game is comparable to Twilight in theaters. I'm sick of same chite every year. Be creative god dammit! I'm pretty sure my dual core smartphone can run this game if there was an x86 emulator for ARM platform. PS2 grade graphics really.
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played through the singleplayer and enough hours of the multiplayer to get a good idea of what the game is like. The singleplayer is terrible, like all of the recent games, but with an even sillier plot. This is forgivable however - who plays this game for the singleplayer? The multiplayer... well... its the exact same thing as the previous two. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. SureI've played through the singleplayer and enough hours of the multiplayer to get a good idea of what the game is like. The singleplayer is terrible, like all of the recent games, but with an even sillier plot. This is forgivable however - who plays this game for the singleplayer? The multiplayer... well... its the exact same thing as the previous two. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. Sure the previous games were good, but you can only play so much of it before getting bored. Infinity Ward could have at least TRIED to change things up but they didn't. And I feel ripped off for paying full price for it, something like this should be an expansion or DLC or something. It doesn't justify purchasing a new game.

Unless you really REALLY want it, just play MW2. You'll be getting the exact same experience and you'll be $60 richer.
  11. Mar 2, 2012
    COD 4: MW I really enjoyed. MW2 was alright but given that I basically can't remember it can't have been that great. With that said I did get a strange sense of deja-vu playing MW3... If Activision can't be bothered to come up with reasonable plot I can't be bothered to finish writing this... Utterly whatever.
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Worthless PoS, same EXACT lagfest as MW2, nothing changed at all, the maps blow, are WAY too small, and make absolutely NO sense. IW has destroyed a once great series.
  13. Feb 27, 2012
    I'm giving this game 3 out of 10. If I had to comment MW 3 in one sentence I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 with terrible technical problems and with less fun. I don't recommend it to anyone, if you want a shooter badly try MW 2. This review will be mostly MP beacuse I finished single player in about 10 hours on hard difficulity and I bought it mostly for MP like other cod games. Major flaws ofI'm giving this game 3 out of 10. If I had to comment MW 3 in one sentence I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 with terrible technical problems and with less fun. I don't recommend it to anyone, if you want a shooter badly try MW 2. This review will be mostly MP beacuse I finished single player in about 10 hours on hard difficulity and I bought it mostly for MP like other cod games. Major flaws of the game:
    - Absolutely no innovations !!! It's MW 2 again with minimal innovations, and bad ones only
    - TERRIBLE PROBLEMS WITH RUNNING THE GAME PROPERLY !!!
    bugs and problems such as those: very hard to play with friends because of stupid matchmaking system, random game crashin during loading, 2 times during about 6 weeks of playing it my game stopped working and I had to reinstall it, it often crashes on launch too, I have a very good hardware so it's fault of the game
    - NO DEDICATED RANKED SERVERS - meaning that you have to use matchmaking, so you can't choose the map you want to play on, people you want to play with because there is no "party system" or whatever to connect you and ur friends together to the same lobby, it's hard even to play with 1 teammate cuz of that
    - TERRIBLY DESIGNED MAPS - thats true, maps are terrible VERY SMALL and pretty much RIDICULOUS I thought Black Ops maps was very bad, at least it had Nuketown and you were allowed to choose a map, well not in MW 3
    - CHEATERS PLAGUE a month after game's relase when I bought it at least 4 out of 10 games was with a cheater using aimbot. If you have ever played with aimbot user then you know it's ridiculous. If 40 % of games was with aimbots think how many was with people using less noticeable cheats like wallhacks...
    - VERY BAD GRAPHICS AND SOUND terribly outdated graphics and very bad sounds, I guess the developers forget to improve it again...since cod 4 it's the same graphics with minimal changes, and the sounds are refined version of those from cod 4 and mw 2
    - VERY IRRITATING THING ABOUT SOUND: YOU CAN ONLY MUTE ALL OF THE GAME SOUND - that means you can't listen to music while you play because you can't for example just disable in-game music (WHICH SUCKS BADLY, BO HAD IT MUCH BETTER !) and shooting sounds, no there is only one slider so you can play with your own music but then no in-game sounds which srsly handicaps your gaming skill
    - WORSE CHARACTER CREATING THAN BO AND PREVIOUS MW 3 thats right - not only no innovations but it's also very badly designed and there are a few OP guns while the rest sucks badly, same situation with perks

SUMMARY: IF YOU WANT A SHOOTER BADLY, GO TRY MW 2 IT'S CHEAPER AND HAS LESS FLAWS, TRUST ME THIS ISN'T WORTH $ AND TIME YOU SPEND ON IT !
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Heard that Schofield is "begging" for reviews to bolster bad ratings ( http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html ). @ Bobby Kodick... Guess firing West and Zampella wasn't such a good idea after all eh ? At least those guys had self-respect and could crank out a good game. @ the guys who stole 6k MW3 copies off that truck last weekend.... At least you didn't actually PAY for this game.
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    People really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in imagePeople really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in image rendering. But if you have played Modern Warfare 2, the IW 5.0 of MW3 gives you kinda the same experience in video quality of the game. But listen carefully, i do understand the background story of IW, why they don't have a new engine this year. If you remember the day that 2 old boss of IW went on court with Activision, IW was freezed, they dont have the right to continue the game, and they just started to develop the game like by the end of 2010, with Sledhammer. You need to know, they have exactly one year, and now we have fresh campaign, fresh Multiplayer, new models, new sound system, now lightning effect... Many people fail to realize that IW tried really hard to bring Soap and Price back for you without delaying. They all know - us - PC Gamers, hate Treyard for not giving a **** for PC community for **** optimitzing Black Ops, that's why they work their butt off for you to have something to entertain for the whole year. But excuses are excuses, they recycle so many stuffs that would turn out to be a little BS. They defenitaly need a new engine for the next game. Personally, i am not pre-ordering for the next CoD from Treyard. The Singleplayer took you no less than 7 hours in Veteran mode, fast-packed, Holywood Action Style. Personally, i think this is the end of the storyline Modern Warfare, i am not gonna spoil anything, i will let you experience it by yourself and try to count how many times you actually said Holy **** during the campaign. The Multiplayer is redesigned, i have experienced 8 hours of Team Deathmatch and Killconfirmed. I must said the game have been balanced a lot, still have several BS spots but overall, it is good. If you are laughing about COD that they have Noob Tubes and BS Killstreak, i would like to tell them that they arent gonna like tubing in MW3 and all killstreak can be taken down easily. The game turn out to be really focus on gun-gun gameplay. I haven;t seen myself a game that a single player can dominate the whole game unless the other team don't give a **** about playing. Afraid of being killed by AC130? get Sam Turret and don't even worry about them. Jug perk? One SMAW and they are gone... Everything has been calculated quite well, except the BS Submachine Gun system need to be redone, i never think Akimbo is a good idea for fast-firing SMG, IW need to make the Akimbo a massive recoil when firing to balance this thing out. Co-op + Survival Mode are fun as hell, get yourself a bud and have fun. You gonna drink less and eat less because Survival Mode make you focus in the game more than making a crawler in Zombies mode and you have all the time in the world. That's is my word. I am not any fanboy. I play FPS, America's Army 3, ARMA II, Battlefield also and Call of Duty. But i just want to say one thing, be a real gamer, don't be such a kid to lie about the experience that you guys never had. Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Selling this game for anything more than $20 should be a federal crime. The people in charge at Sledgehammer, IW, and Activision should all be placed under citizens arrest for releasing this recycled piece of garbage and labeling it as a new title.
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    The game is buggy, and boring. And paying greater than full game price for a map-pack of MW1 is a scam. I feel scammed for buying it. The graphics were good.... if this was 2003. The sounds were sub-par, the game play is the same, with no variaton...... It's basically COD Modern mappack 3. It's an overwhelmingly bad game. Disappointed to the end. Save your money and buy your missus dinner instead
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Mas de lo mismo simplemente. no puedo creer que no se esfuercen en hacer algo bueno.

Un juego que no cumple con mis espectativas. Espero que para un futuro hagan un juego bueno y no solo hagan copy N paste que es lo que vienen haciendo todos estos años no innovan nada el juego sigue siendo el mismo.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    This game killed the call of duty franchise I will never buy another cod game again! To have hyped the game this much and basically release the same game like MW2 is crazy and is just a way to steal our money. NOW GO HACK THE GAME AND LETS MAKE IT BETTER!
  20. Feb 12, 2012
    What a load of garbage, I'm a junior game designer myself and this game is an insult to our industry, good games fail while remakes prevail. Please get this piece of trash out of the market.
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    I loved Call of Duty up until MW2........ I will say no more.................................................................................................
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    Almost identical to MW2, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Activision released a game with slight tweaks and calls it a new game, I don't understand why the hell "professional" reviewers are giving it anything other than a 1 or a 2
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    wow a new MW. and it's so over used and dated. to top it off the MP is so lame nothing new about it. my god can we think of something better then that crap. we all know those critics are being paid to write great reviews for this game since it is a pile of crap
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    Doesn't have the graphics of BF3, but it has everything else: polished gameplay, enjoyable weapon balance, gun on gun emphasis, the adrenaline rush, and STEAM INTEGRATION. bf3 multiplayer runs in a BROWSER WINDOW, you think we like that? NO! MW3 wins this round, sorry fan-boy army.
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolute crap. Don't buy this game or even rent it. I wouldn't even be willing to pay $10 for this garbage let alone $50. There's so much recycled stuff from sound to graphics and even the buildings
  26. Nov 9, 2011
    Call of Duty is a franchise that gamers love to hate. Regardless, even though I am NOT a Call of Duty fan, developer Sledgehammer Games has created a worthy game for a franchise that annoys me entirely. Even though Activision may be money hungry, the studio who created this game deserves way better respect than this.
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the worst of years. Its just an updating of Call of Duty 4. The multiplayer is full of kids and all of them's using noobs techniques, and the solo campagn is the shortess mod I never seen in my life.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    I joined metacritic solely for the purpose of saying " Activision have fooled us into buying their unworthy of the MW name piece of of crap !!" .... This is a recycled product of 5 years not even dressed with a new cloth !! ... This only shows how messy it is in Infinity ward after the loss of their founders and their competent team" .... Total waste of money .. Don't buy it Don't buy it
  29. Nov 16, 2011
    This is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicatedThis is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicated servers and the serverbrowser, as the p2p-default setup is really crappy, which is the reason I won't give the game a 10. Contrary to what some people wrote there are actually ranked dedicated servers, the admins just need to know how to set them up. I gained levels today playing on a dedicated ranked server.
    The singleplayer mode is absolutely comparable to mw1 and mw2, for sure a hundred times better than BF3 which most of the negative fanbois here seem to be playing. And the best of all: MW3 doesn't require origin or any **** runs over steam which is installed on all pcs anyways, no spyware required.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    This only gets a 5 because of the fairly decent OTT SP experience straight from the Michael Bay camp. MP which is what i normally play is a mash up of claustrophobic, tight corridor type maps. Gone are the open types like Overgrown, Afghan etc what we get is uninspiring to say the least!

Black Op's and even MW2 annihilates this in every way possible! You can sense that the main players of IW have long gone and what we are left is a slight whiff of turd in it's place!

Oh and for PC: No dedi ranked servers, no adjustable FOV, straight console port.

Oh and to IGN, have to say your allegiance to Activision is a downright disgrace! How much did they pay you?
  31. Feb 17, 2012
    What the hell were the critics smoking when they gave this game 99%? I think 9% is nearer the mark. The best way I can summarise it is: MW1, released four year earlier, is a much better game. Graphically, this hasn't improved at all, and in terms of quality of writing, length and variety of campaign, available weapons etc., it's actually gone backwards. I presume that they're notWhat the hell were the critics smoking when they gave this game 99%? I think 9% is nearer the mark. The best way I can summarise it is: MW1, released four year earlier, is a much better game. Graphically, this hasn't improved at all, and in terms of quality of writing, length and variety of campaign, available weapons etc., it's actually gone backwards. I presume that they're not planning on releasing a MW4 given the plot, which would make sense, since after this pile of junk I suspect not many people would buy it. I certainly wouldn't. What a sad way to end what was once a great franchise. Expand
  32. EmX
    Feb 20, 2012
    For starters, this is the worst COD game ever released. Why people in the media give it a 7 or above is beyond me. This is a total rip-off. Horrible maps, terrible weapons, consistent lag, with maps loaded with hax, there are so many things wrong with this game, I think even COD fanatics will have a hard time citing the value of this release. This is just a lame rehash of MW2, and a weakFor starters, this is the worst COD game ever released. Why people in the media give it a 7 or above is beyond me. This is a total rip-off. Horrible maps, terrible weapons, consistent lag, with maps loaded with hax, there are so many things wrong with this game, I think even COD fanatics will have a hard time citing the value of this release. This is just a lame rehash of MW2, and a weak attempt to go to the bank one more time for these unimaginative developers. If you want to play a solid Multi-FPS, get BF3. It is light years ahead of this mess Expand
  33. Nov 9, 2011
    Since few years they dont bring any new. Its so boring so old and only shows how they respct players to cheat them and steal money. They treat us worser then idiots and they think we will buy all crap what they bring. Even xbox users rating it so badly what means they have killed series for ever. great job!
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, we know, the graphics are dated! And yes, they may be a downgrade. But once you get past the fact that this game isn't nearly as spectacular to look at as BF3, you realize that this is a really good game.

For starters, the campaign feels like MW2, but it has much better storytelling that is reminiscent of CoD4 (though that might be due to all the CoD4 characters and scenes that return). There are numerous references back to the first two games, and if you didn't play them, you might be a little lost, but they never go overboard with references to the point that those who never played those games would hate the story. Overall, once you get past the first couple of levels (which aren't that great), it is pretty much five hours (not three hours--unless you play on Recruit or seriously rush it) of great enjoyment. Yes, it's linear, but I'm assuming anyone who has any knowledge of CoD would know that before reading a review.

When it comes to the Spec-Ops, this is definitely the best co-op in CoD to date. The survival mode is a lot more interesting than zombies, and while there's nothing sci-fi about it, you will face a more diverse group of enemies and have a little more to play with. Missions are pretty much the same as Spec-Ops in MW2 with some of them almost being taken directly from the MW2 ones (and one being nearly identical to "Mile High Club" from CoD4). You also can level up and unlock more stuff to use in the Survival mode.

The multiplayer, as you would expect, is sort of CoD4 meets MW2. Granted, at this point, it is too early to tell how many exploits there will be, but the game has definitely been balanced in comparison to MW2 (knifing and explosives aren't nearly as skill-less, but they also are still effective). It still lacks the level of teamwork of BF3, but that may improve as people learn more about the maps. The good news is that the horrendous lag of Black Ops did not carry over to this game, and while IWNet certainly has its issues, it feels almost refreshing in comparison to BO's ridiculous server issues. It isn't perfect and it is probably the worst feature of the game, but it isn't game breaking either.

But in the end, this is CoD, and it is definitely catered to the Modern Warfare crowd particularly. If you've enjoyed Call of Duty in the past, this is definitely worth your $60. Sure it has its issues, it probably will never be better than CoD4, and it probably won't take up as much time as previous CoD games have recently (with BF3 having just released and Skyrim coming in a few days). But as a whole, this is a fun game and a great refresher after MW2 and BO were so disappointing.
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    60 Dollars for this? Why did I make the mistake even though my instincts told me to save my money?! This game doesn't even have improved graphics! It's just MW2 all over again with an extended story, but in essence the SAME GAME! You just payed full price for a second copy of MW2 which basically what this is! Plus, if the singleplayer wasn't bad enough the multiplayer wouldn't be so60 Dollars for this? Why did I make the mistake even though my instincts told me to save my money?! This game doesn't even have improved graphics! It's just MW2 all over again with an extended story, but in essence the SAME GAME! You just payed full price for a second copy of MW2 which basically what this is! Plus, if the singleplayer wasn't bad enough the multiplayer wouldn't be so terrible if the servers were not filled with 7th grade fanboy kids who apparently know everything. Expand
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    I dont know why this game has had such horrible reviews. I think MW3 is what id expect after MW2. like did you really want it to change so much? Those companys like command and conquer who make a strategy game and change it into more of an rpg (no building for example) pissed alot of people off same with Dawn of War 2.

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find anything wrong with MW3 the story is sort of here and there and doesnt hold your attention, i dont know about you guys but who gives a Sh@^ about the story, i just want some CoD action which i find this delivers. What are people expecting? some kinda revolutionary game upgrade like Avatar 3D did to the movie industry? common......the games the same as the others yes...and thank god. If MW3 changed, id be dissapointed. i think its a fun game, for a measly $60 ya its worth it....if you like FPS games

I havent tryed the multi-player so no comment on that.
  37. Nov 9, 2011
    I did not have nearly as bad of an experience as many other reviewers. First, you must realize this is what the Call of Duty franchise has become--you know exactly what to expect from any new Call of Duty game, especially when it carries the Modern Warfare brand.

If you didn't like MW2, why would you expect more from MW3? Thus, if you properly manage your expectations, you can have a lot of fun with MW3, as I did. I have always been a fan of CoD's single player campaigns, and in this case MW3 did not disappoint me.

I know it's basically a brainless, on-rails, completely-linear experience. I know that the story is entirely unbelievable. I know that the game lacks the absolute latest technical advancements in the shooter genre. But I knew all that going in, and I still chose to pre-order the game. In fact, because I knew not to expect more, that's what I was waiting for!

The multiplayer experience is still fun as well, but it is starting to get stale. Not enough improvements have been made to make it stand out at all from MW2's multiplayer, and there aren't enough new maps to make it feel like they've really put a lot of effort into that area.

Overall, I still enjoy the experience--it feels like a Michael Bay summer blockbuster--completely predictable, completely unrealistic even when it tries to be, but enough pretty explosions and epic scripted events to keep your adrenaline pumping and hold your interest from start to finish.

All of the negative reviews just might help to snap Activision out of this cycle of rehashing similar content, so in that I guess it has a purpose, however I do not feel that the game deserves a 0 rating, so hopefully other reviewers like me will help to offset this.

I love Battlefield 3 as much as the next person, but to even expect that MW3 would compare technically, or in the multiplayer department, means you are not being very realistic going in. Battlefield 3 is where the innovation is. MW3 is simply the continuation of a series.
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fixI've played CoD since 2003 when the first one came out. Every year i couldn't wait for the next title to come out. CoD2 and CoD4 (BF2 as well) were the greatest shooters i ever played. This all changed with MW2. The game became a console game, Activision forgot about the PC community, removed dedicated servers and just made the multiplayer a crap experience. I expected Black Ops to fix that. It failed. Infinity Ward put my hopes up saying they will make it 'more like CoD4' and 'dedicated servers'. Unranked dedicated servers - waste! unranked dedis is like a kick in the balls to PC gamers. MW3 is a copy of MW2 with new guns and maps. Only thing I'm happy about is campaign, which i always enjoy in every CoD (even if the story is braindead - Black Ops), and Spec Ops. I like survival mode, its a nice addition. Due to the good singleplayer, i'm giving this game a 6, but Activision really should make multiplayer 'more like CoD4'. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the seriesEveryone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the series over the edge with its new levels and gametypes. The Singleplayer is just as good, but with only 1 minor flaw, it's 3 hours. 2 things about the game I dont entirely dislike more as wish it was different is the graphics engine and the field of view is locked at 60. Other than its minor flaws the game is perfect third installment of a great series of modern warfare games! :) Expand
  40. Nov 9, 2011
    Another home run from Activision. The single player missions are fun and challenging enough for what's to come in the even more fun Co-Op and famous Multiplayer action. All the guns are really good unlike in the previous versions or other games out. There isn't the go-to build in this game, it seems to be very diverse to everyone's play style. The new Kill Confirm game type is a real goodAnother home run from Activision. The single player missions are fun and challenging enough for what's to come in the even more fun Co-Op and famous Multiplayer action. All the guns are really good unlike in the previous versions or other games out. There isn't the go-to build in this game, it seems to be very diverse to everyone's play style. The new Kill Confirm game type is a real good idea, whoever thought of that should get a raise. Kill Confirm is basically team deathmatch but with a catch. After you kill someone, you have to collect their dog tags for the kill to actually count towards the team. You can also deny the other teams kills by picking up friendly dog tags. The game looks great, runs super smooth at all times even though it appears to use an older engine. Activision doesn't fix what isn't broken, it uses the same extremely successful model and builds a bit on it to make the best game in the series yet. Expand
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    I've only put in about 2.5 hours into the campaign, and multiplayer each, and maybe 30-45 minutes in spec ops, and I must say that I'm beyond impressed with each one. The campaign by itself is beautiful. Even if the engine is the same (which I feel like I remember hearing Robert Bowling saying it isn't the same engine, but I digress) it feels like it pushes the limitations of the engine toI've only put in about 2.5 hours into the campaign, and multiplayer each, and maybe 30-45 minutes in spec ops, and I must say that I'm beyond impressed with each one. The campaign by itself is beautiful. Even if the engine is the same (which I feel like I remember hearing Robert Bowling saying it isn't the same engine, but I digress) it feels like it pushes the limitations of the engine to the max. This game runs at the same 91 FPS I got when playing MW2, but it looks so much better, so beautiful and different from MW2, and the sounds and animations, and story by itself feels immersive to me. There have been moments during the campaign where I've said "this feels familiar" but, every single time something new and awesome shows up to throw me a surprise. The sounds of jet flying by, buildings crumbling, missiles soaring and exploding, soldiers shouting, guns firing, just sounds in the first level show the true scale of what is now labeled as World War III in-game. New factions (such as Delta Force), and all the voice acting increase the depth of the game, and the objectives of the mission. The storyline itself gives off the feeling of linearity, but the environment helps reinforce that by offering up barricades, or cross-fire, or something in the distance that makes you not want to go that way, which gives off the illusion of a lack of linearity. Why would you go through this street filled with crossfire, barbed-wire barricades, and the ever-present danger of jets, when you can duck into this building to get away from all of that, and cut across a later street?
    Spec ops offers missions like the kind that were available in MW2 with capability to play with a coop partner, but there's a new section within spec-ops that I love after playing it only once, and that's modern warfares version of a horde mode. During the series of waves you gain access to new panels which are spread out across one of the multiplayer-friendly maps, and they give you goodies. New weapons, new explosives, new "killstreaks" and perks. But, you've got to level up in Spec-ops to unlock the higher level stuff, and even then you need the money to buy it in-game. I haven't tried the actual missions yet, because I'm waiting to finish the campaign before I tackle those, but from what I've seen they sound new, fun, and still reasonable challenging early on.
    Multiplayer however, is a whole new beast. I have to admit I jumped right in without even starting up the singleplayer campaign, and I don't regret it! It starts off just like MW2, you have access to three classes meant to give you a bit of a jump, and show you what you can get later. You unlock two more classes at I believe level 2, and you can create your own custom classes at level 4, just as in MW2. With 10 prestiges and 80 levels each, it sounds daunting, until you actually play a game. I think I had a match at level 21 where I received 23k experience from doing a whole slew of challenges in one game. Perks are seemingly easier to unlock pro version now, and once you do you get challenges for the pro version of each perk. Weapon attachments are no longer unlocked by challenges, and neither are camo, or the new "addition" to weapons called weapon proficiency. Everything is unlocked by just using your gun. The more you use it, the more levels it gets and the more stuff you unlock for it. Killstreaks have also been revamped to help support the different play styles of different people. Assault is for the straight-forward high k/d focused player, operating as killstreaks always have, then there's support which don't lose killstreak progress upon death and get things that aid them and their teammates in a usual fairly non-lethal way, and lastly there is the specialist killstreak which allows you to pick a total of 6 perks to have on your character, but the 4th, 5th, and 6th perk are earned at 2, 4, and 6 kills respectively, and once you have 8 kills you unlock every perk to use, even if you aren't high enough to custom class it.
    While there are frustrating moments in each of the game modes, there's nothing that causes it that wouldn't be in another online multiplayer game, or a game with a difficulty selector. All in all, I'd say this game definitely deserves a chance, and offers something for everyone. Immersive campaign, quick-paced multiplayer, horde mode, challenge missions, I'm very happy with this game, and can't imagine those $60 a waste of money ever.
  42. Nov 15, 2011
    I don't understand the hate towards this game. I thought it was absolutely fine, not to mention fun as ever. Sure, the graphics were pretty much the same, but honestly, I was fine with it. Don't understand why so many people are all about graphics these days. What were you looking for, CryEngine 3?

I thought the story was the best one yet. The WW3 theme was a good choice. It was awesome watching the Eiffel Tower collapse, like in G.I. Joe. Multiplayer was fine too, almost better. I liked the strike packages, they were a nice add. I really don't understand why there is such a hot debate between Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think they were both excellent games. I saw a review here by someone, who gave it a 1. Why did he give it a one? because he was angry about the countdowns in multiplayer. They were too long. SERIOUSLY? Sometimes I wonder what the gaming community is coming to these days.

Well that about wraps up my review, Overall, good job Infinity Ward. You always make great games.
  43. Mar 7, 2012
    I used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which hadI used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which had haunted MW2. Isn't this a big joke? Can you please play just ONE ground war game on your PC, Mr. Robert Bowling? I understand you want our money desperately. What I cannot accept is you've been cheating on us in such a blatant way. I am feeling sick. Good bye, COD. Expand
  44. Feb 25, 2012
    Yet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. SameYet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. Same old crap, even worse than before. Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    This entire game is basically a patch that they are charging $60 not even $50 for. Exact same graphics, exact same game, new maps and a couple enhancements. I can't wait for the DLC to come out that they will charge $15 while in development of the second DLC that wille add maps from previous games and a couple new unlocks. Complete waste of money. What happened the CoD games of late, Cod2,This entire game is basically a patch that they are charging $60 not even $50 for. Exact same graphics, exact same game, new maps and a couple enhancements. I can't wait for the DLC to come out that they will charge $15 while in development of the second DLC that wille add maps from previous games and a couple new unlocks. Complete waste of money. What happened the CoD games of late, Cod2, cod1 or vcod, even cod4. This franchise is its bastard child with blood money dripping from its fangs. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for theirActivision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for their customers. This hasn`t bitten them yet, seeing as a lot of COD-players are very, very young. Too young to stand up and say "I will no longer let myself be milked dry like a cow. I will no longer let this company ruin gaming by repackaging the same game over and over again, therefore being a bad example for the rest". And even when the fans are a bit older, they still have ridiculously low standards, considering they like replaying the same broken game, over and over, paying 60 Dollars every year.

Because of this greediness and laziness, COD MW3 deserves a 0, but I`ll give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games 1 point for the effort.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since itsModern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since its similar to what you're used to. Once you hit level 20 you can pick the Specialist Strike Package. This has no killstreaks. Instead the more kills you get,the more perks you get. I recommend this for only the most expert of players. This package has no deathstreaks so making a comeback will be especially difficult. There are 2 new modes in the game that are really cool. Kill Confirmed is basically Team Deathmatch but you have to pick up these dogtags to confirm the kills. You can also pick up your own dog tag and deny the other teams kills. Team Defender is a fun twist on Capture the Flag. In Team defender the objective is to play keep away with the flag. The longer you have it the more points you get. If you play with your friends and have a strategy you will have a good chance of dominating. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has shown again that you can repackage the same game under a different package and still get profit. If you have played call of duty 4 you have already played modern warfare 3. If you have already played modern warfare 2 you have played modern warfare 3. Atleast the difference from modern warfare 2 and black ops was noticable. Modern warfare 3 is just a copy paste of modernActivision has shown again that you can repackage the same game under a different package and still get profit. If you have played call of duty 4 you have already played modern warfare 3. If you have already played modern warfare 2 you have played modern warfare 3. Atleast the difference from modern warfare 2 and black ops was noticable. Modern warfare 3 is just a copy paste of modern warfare 2. If you liked the other call of duty games then you will probably like this..But how long will you be rebuying the same game again ? Expand
  49. Nov 8, 2011
    While the successful formula is still there, this game is just plain lazy. Sorry. Graphically the game hasn't gotten any better since CoD4 (if not worse). The SAME sounds, SAME animations, SAME guns, and almost everything is recycled and it's painfully obvious. It's sad because it's even more recycled than previous CoDs whereas Black Ops actually looked quite a bit different, there is noWhile the successful formula is still there, this game is just plain lazy. Sorry. Graphically the game hasn't gotten any better since CoD4 (if not worse). The SAME sounds, SAME animations, SAME guns, and almost everything is recycled and it's painfully obvious. It's sad because it's even more recycled than previous CoDs whereas Black Ops actually looked quite a bit different, there is no difference between this and previous titles in the series. I mean, it's a fun formula but this kind of laziness is inexcusable. Expand
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    On my mind, CoD 4 is the best game in this series. New game from IW haven't many originals moments, than MW or MW 2. It is a good shooter with interesting multiplayer. But I hope, that singleplayer of MW 3 will be better. But, but, but... It is Call of Duty. It is the most popular game in the world on this moment.
  51. Nov 8, 2011
    I love how half the people reviewing this compare it to BF3, which is not a good game at all. MW3 is good, it's not a sniper war and I can't believe people compare this game to BF3 based on graphics. Graphics mean little really. Gameplay and CONTROLS are number one, always. This game is fine, the best of all of the CoD game, so definitely don't listen to the people here. They are justI love how half the people reviewing this compare it to BF3, which is not a good game at all. MW3 is good, it's not a sniper war and I can't believe people compare this game to BF3 based on graphics. Graphics mean little really. Gameplay and CONTROLS are number one, always. This game is fine, the best of all of the CoD game, so definitely don't listen to the people here. They are just making juvenile comments. The whole forced war between BF3 and CoD MW3 was stupid and juvenile and people who subscribe to that kind of thinking of foolish. Expand
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    Well, here goes. Modern Warfare 3 is certainly not a bad game, not in the slightest. i enjoy how they continue the campaign story and tie it up, but this is the only CoD title I've ever pre-ordered, and i am sad to say I'm disappointed i did pre-order it. MW3, unlike what people thought it would be, is certainly NOT the most anticipated game ever. i literally just bought it, and im on dayWell, here goes. Modern Warfare 3 is certainly not a bad game, not in the slightest. i enjoy how they continue the campaign story and tie it up, but this is the only CoD title I've ever pre-ordered, and i am sad to say I'm disappointed i did pre-order it. MW3, unlike what people thought it would be, is certainly NOT the most anticipated game ever. i literally just bought it, and im on day 2 and i'm already back to Battlefield Bad Company 2. The story is, somewhere in between good and great, but the actual campaign has little to no replayability. of course, i develop close bonds with the main characters, but that doesn't mean i actually enjoy the campaign. The multiplayer is just MW2 with a MW3 coat of paint. granted, this game is MUCH better than Black Ops, but i expected more from the creators of CoD 4 and MW2. PLEASE DONT BUY IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!! wait 'til the prices drop, or you will have wasted 20 dollars on what i think should be a 30 dollar product (and that's just being nice). I gave it a 6 just because it bored me even more than it did replaying MW2 for the sixth time over, but on its own, it's pretty good. Of course, the multiplayer AND singleplayer weapons are much more on par than CoDBO's were. Spec ops, even though i havent really done much of it yet, is ok, but the scenarios could be a bit less hard. All that stuff they say about the new multiplayer things, dont get all hyped. It's just same-old same-old every man for himself kinda thing that we've had for the past 7 games. It kills me inside to write this, because am truly a fan of CoD, but i must give the truth. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a much better choice, even with all the corporate bullcrap that EA gave it. It also kills me inside to just stop playing after 5 hours of campaign and roughly 30 minutes on multiplayer to go play battlefield, but i just cant stand all the solo, no teamwork stuff that is CoD. But dont believe all the people that gave it a low rating, those are just the younger battlefield fanboys who like CoD, too. FINAL CONCLUSION: MW3 is a rather good game. The campaign story is well put together, but the actual singleplayer gameplay leaves more to be desired. Multiplayer, nothing has changed. remember when you thought Black Ops would be radically different with the points buying guns system? Not only are they back to the same old level up stuff, but i am just depressed with how little they added to the multiplayer. even the maps are the same freaking things. Graphics, jesus christ, they didnt even change the goddamn textures. this game is barely worth $30, based on the previous two, which were totally worth the money. I am sad to say, i slightly disapprove of this game. i hate saying it, especially because its probably the conclusion of the series, but it leaves more to be desired. Thanks a lot InfinityWard, you broke my freakin heart. Expand
  53. Nov 8, 2011
    Not as bad as a zero but not a ten also, Single player ties the story up and is ok but not worth £40 if all your doing is single player. Multiplayer will give you enough hours of fun though and from what i have played so far it seems good, yeah it's like MW2 but what do all expect all FPS games are the same... point, shoot, kill is BF3 any different at the core?

But yeah i

But yeah i still play MW1 and BF 1942 (DC Mod rules!!)
  54. Nov 8, 2011
    Do not innovated anything. Except in merchandise! The producer could invest more into the coop and multiplayer! Thanks for the excellent hihistória certainly worth a hollywood movie! I hope that the franchise is renewed! Graphics similar to the previous engine and identical!
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24 hours and there are niggles which will be addressed in future patches, so I'm not going to adjust my score with regard to them. Worth the £40/$60 price tag just for the London-based level alone. That was beautiful. Expand
  56. Nov 9, 2011
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha..............i can't stop laughing......user rating is 1.4....ha ha ha.........ALL the ****ing bf3 fans(506) are trying to make the game nonsense.......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........These guys are really bf3 fans(original???or i doubt that EA has gave them bucks to fight against MW3....).I am sure at least 1 guy of these horrible 506 has already purchased MW3 andHa ha ha ha ha ha..............i can't stop laughing......user rating is 1.4....ha ha ha.........ALL the ****ing bf3 fans(506) are trying to make the game nonsense.......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........These guys are really bf3 fans(original???or i doubt that EA has gave them bucks to fight against MW3....).I am sure at least 1 guy of these horrible 506 has already purchased MW3 and playing....but they gave the game a rating of 1.4 just because of jealous('cause mw3 is going to break all the record).Remember bf3(BIG ****ED 3) fans....mw series is the best shooter of all time......... Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2011
    This game offers everything cod gamers wanted, it runs smoove the campaign was awsome, the spec ops is so fun. the mp is balanced and fast paced, im enjoying this game its great.
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    Do I even need to explain the problems with this game? I didn't think so. Game is average at best yet fanboys go on like its something special, what the hell is the problem with these gamers.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    A really repetitive campaign with hardly any memorable moments. Out-dated visuals which look like a game from 4 years ago. Mediocre music and sounds.

The multi-player feels slower than MW2 and the maps are just downright terrible. Lots of models, buildings and textures just copy-pasted from MW2. Overall, I'm seriously disappointed in this and i expected more from IW. Don't waste your

Overall, I'm seriously disappointed in this and i expected more from IW. Don't waste your money on this, you'd be better off buying MW1 or 2 as both are superior games.
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm a huge cod fan and I've played every single one so far. Last year BO was a huge let down for me but this... this is just **** . I've tested it for about 10 hours and I'm GLAD that I didn't waste my money on it.
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    How can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay forHow can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay for the ridiculous "ELITE" plan so you can finally get the full game, almost a year after launch. Infinity Ward... Just give up and actually make a new game. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game is terrible, huge waste of money. Multilayer is a train wreck, If I wanted to play Modern Warfare 2 Id pop in my MW2 disk. If anything this should have been DLC.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game. Cut and paste of mw2. It is so bad, don't even try it out. Barely anything has changed and it sucks. It is just a $60 dollar expansion pack. Huge disappointment on the pc.
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    Ok i'll try to be as fair as possible. If you own MW2 or BO and you don't want to waste money don't buy MW3. Reason is that MW3 is similar to MW2 and there are better games to spent your money out there. Single player campaign is similar to MW2 but with less spice twists and thrills. I was expecting an all out mayhem but instead i get a few "good fights" every now and then accompanied by aOk i'll try to be as fair as possible. If you own MW2 or BO and you don't want to waste money don't buy MW3. Reason is that MW3 is similar to MW2 and there are better games to spent your money out there. Single player campaign is similar to MW2 but with less spice twists and thrills. I was expecting an all out mayhem but instead i get a few "good fights" every now and then accompanied by a few "shocking" scenes ( not even close to the "no Russian" chapter joyful massacre). The campaign kicks in strong but all the intensity and excitement fades away soon. I also think the campaign must be smaller than MW2's or at least it feels like it is. Multiplayer is a review on its own. Graphics are like a polished MW2. Guns may look a bit better but overall its all the same deal as in MW2. No real changes. Soundwise i'll have to say that i really enjoyed the campaign score since it really adds up to the whole experience but tha'ts not enough. All the sounds are the same as MW2 with the exception of the majority of gun sounds. Most are just worse. Especially if you attach a silencer. Rest are the same as MW2. Now as far as gameplay ( which i believe is the most important part of a game. Gameplay > graphics)
    Single player is a linear story line picking up from the point MW2 ends and progresses through the eyes of various soldiers, deltas and so on. Nothing different from MW2. But who cares about Single Player anyway? CoD is all about Multiplayer right?

Multiplayer. Mixed feelings about it to be honest. One can say that MW3 Multiplayer is a big content patch of MW2. I wouldn't blame him since i get the exact same experience by playing MW2. the new kill confirmed mode is nothing more than a deathmatch with dogtags you have to pick from the dead. No real difference than the actual TDM. Everything else is the same. CTF, DOM, SAB, S&D are all there both in normal and in hardcore. I havent noticed the really "awesome" third person mode from MW2 so i guess devs realized that it was an insult to all intelligent life on this planet so they removed it :) There are only a handful of maps and this stupid voting system remains. They somehow improved it by allowing us to vote between 2 maps per session. There is no more random map selection in case the original selection was voted to skip by the players. It's either this map or that map now. However i get the feeling that there is a limited amount of maps. Also most of the maps are medium to small size urban battlefields suitable for UMP madness and campers and less joy for snipers and such. Now lets see how soon the first DLC will arive.
    Guns. Although they finally added a few of "must have guns" 90% of the MW2 weaponry is here. New additions in all weapon categories. For the complete weapon list just use google :P I do have to say that i dont see a lot of eastern toys (again)..All the rifles are western with the exception of the AK47. Same goes for all the weapon categories.. They also removed the FN FAL :( Weapon handling is identical to MW2. You wont need to get used to MW3 guns at all. Classes. I have to say i really like what they did. In MW3 you get to customize your class to its full extend. I like the fact that you can lvl up weapons now and customize your loadout even further. I also like the new killstreak system and its mechanics. Again you can customize your loadout with a much more efficient way.
    One thing i don't like is the absence of the nuke and the fact that you can reach tier2 and tier 3 killstreak rewards even if you die in the middle since once you reach the first "checkpoint" by obtaining your first killstreak if you die right after the killstreak count is not back to 0 but to its last killstreak checkpoint. In other words if you need 14 kills to call in a AC130 and you reach 5 kills and call in a predator and then you get killed the game will put you back to your 5 killstreak count meaning you ll need 9 more kills to call the AC130 while in MW2 you would be back in 0. Lame. Another thing i really hate and i hoped they would have it fixed (apparently the didn't) is the UMP and the pain it delivers. I think that this weapon is by far the most OP gun i have seen. It's like equipping your BFG and head out to kill everyone. I'ts recoiless it has tremendous accuracy and range it's light and has a superior rate of fire. If you master the UMP then every other single weapon is obsolete.Great balance. Oh and for those that haven't heard. IWnet will be our bff in MW3 as well. Apparently they don't like server based multiplayer in IW and Activision. Suffice to say that Lag and host issues are thriving. Also MW3 hates my router as well. NAT is always strict unless i DMZ my router just like in MW2. If you are addicted like me buy it now. If you use your head and respect both your hard earned cash and your intelligence don't buy it and either buy another game or wait for its price to drop. Hope my review was helpful.
  65. Nov 28, 2011
    Though not as bad as I thought it would be, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was just as disappointing as the rest of the Modern Warfare franchise. It all follows the same pattern: some action, something happens, mediocre slow mo, repeat a few times, then the slow mo ending. It lost its luster two Modern Warfares ago. That is only the single player. The multiplayer is nowhere near as good asThough not as bad as I thought it would be, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was just as disappointing as the rest of the Modern Warfare franchise. It all follows the same pattern: some action, something happens, mediocre slow mo, repeat a few times, then the slow mo ending. It lost its luster two Modern Warfares ago. That is only the single player. The multiplayer is nowhere near as good as the other two Modern Warfare's multiplayer (if you really want to call those good either.) It is nowhere near as fast paced as most multiplayer games. In fact, I would prefer to play Team Fortress 2 to this P.O.S. multiplayer. To the overall: I was severely disappointed with the graphics. Even run at the maximum graphics, the graphics are still nowhere near what I would expect from a game with so much hype as its predecessors. I was able to run it with minimal issues on an Intel H.D. Graphics card at 256 MB (for those slightly tech challenged: that is complete **** I may be nit picking with such a small thing like that, but game like this released in 2011 should have much better graphics than it does. Collapse
  66. Dec 25, 2011
    I really enjoyed the single player campaign in MW3. It kept my attention and offered enough challenge to want to play it to the finish. I thought it was a great ending to the Modern Warfare trilogy. Some say the graphics are outdated, but if it works, then don't try to fix it. The mulitplayer is another story. I play it, but it's not my favorite. I prefer Battlefield 3 and COD BlackI really enjoyed the single player campaign in MW3. It kept my attention and offered enough challenge to want to play it to the finish. I thought it was a great ending to the Modern Warfare trilogy. Some say the graphics are outdated, but if it works, then don't try to fix it. The mulitplayer is another story. I play it, but it's not my favorite. I prefer Battlefield 3 and COD Black Ops multi over MW2 and 3. The Co-op Survival and Resistance is innovative and fun. Expand
  67. Jan 27, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.5 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Version 1.3) - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Map Pack #2: Only $59.99! - Call of Duty: Modern Douchebags - Call of Duty: Part 8 - Call of Duty: A Modern Waste of Your $60.
  68. Aug 14, 2012
    Positives-The addition of new weapons, althought not very many new weapons. The addition of Survival mode. Survival mode contains new content and a new way to play. Survival mode allows you to play the way you want, choose which weapons to use, and choose how to play.
  69. Mar 1, 2012
    it is just a rubbish bug game,waste my money,at first i saw the offical screenshots,i knew it had old bad graphics,so i think maybe it will be fair and real,but i am wrong,it is completely rubbish,bug weapon and **** player,i think 10 dollar is enough or maybe too expensive,the single player maybe good,but soon u will feel boring,unfair multiplayer and boring single player make it muchit is just a rubbish bug game,waste my money,at first i saw the offical screenshots,i knew it had old bad graphics,so i think maybe it will be fair and real,but i am wrong,it is completely rubbish,bug weapon and **** player,i think 10 dollar is enough or maybe too expensive,the single player maybe good,but soon u will feel boring,unfair multiplayer and boring single player make it much worse,cross fire is better than this game,**** player and iw game gun stats designer so fking like ass,hope it lost family ,lol,this game is for child who are very stupid and live a dark and sad life,and somebody has very low intelligence and noone like them,they are just rubbish in the world they play bug game to make other konw them look after them talk to them ,they are lonely,we should stay away from them in real life Expand
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    It's the same old **** over and over again. If you've played MW1, MW2 or Black Ops you've played this one too. The graphics are starting to get dated as there's been no update to the engine at all, making many of the textures at close range simply look downright bad. On top of this the game lacks attention to detail. The multiplayer is still the same thing redone again, and not reallyIt's the same old **** over and over again. If you've played MW1, MW2 or Black Ops you've played this one too. The graphics are starting to get dated as there's been no update to the engine at all, making many of the textures at close range simply look downright bad. On top of this the game lacks attention to detail. The multiplayer is still the same thing redone again, and not really improved upon. One can argue it's more balanced, but c'mon, it's an FPS. It's about how well you aim, and how your twitch reflexes are. It's not like there's one single gun that simply overperforms. For 60 euro, I think this is practically trying to milk the cow so hard that it will now die on itself. The campaign, of course, is still a 4 hour long Michael Bay movie with terrible writing and characters you don't give a flying **** about.

Bad game. Developers need to start gearing up and not release the same game AGAIN every year, 'cause we've had enough of this.
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    Overall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some newOverall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some new perks and maps. More of the same so many will likeit.

Over all i dont think this was worth £40, it feels more like a map-pack and new scenario.
  72. Nov 13, 2011
    Take a hint from your competitors and try something new. Playing the same game every year had wore out its welcome by MW2, now it's starting to get ridiculous.
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is simply a rehash. It tries to be deep and reach your emotions by decimating a young girl and her mother. The graphics look like something from 2005, and the gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means. There is literally no point in buying this game when you can experience the exact same game by playing the original Modern Warfare with the exception that that game is actuallyThis game is simply a rehash. It tries to be deep and reach your emotions by decimating a young girl and her mother. The graphics look like something from 2005, and the gameplay isn't groundbreaking by any means. There is literally no point in buying this game when you can experience the exact same game by playing the original Modern Warfare with the exception that that game is actually playable. They even took the same building models from the first Modern Warfare and sloppily threw it into this game. For shame. Expand
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! I bought BF3 on launch, and I loved it. Then when MW3 came out, I decided to go buy it, I was not disappointed! Keep in mind this is the first Modern Warfare game I have purchased. The campaign was amazing, online is spectacular, and spec ops is sweet, especially survival mode.
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    A poor game that is extremely overrated by the press. It is unacceptable for a game to continue to be put out with such little change. Hopefully Respawn Studios shows activision what a mistake they made letting them go.
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    It's not that Call of Duty is necessarily a "bad" game, per se. The mechanics are sound, the gameplay is polished, the graphics are good. The problem is they billed it as "the most anticipated game in history" and then gave us the same exact thing as the previous game. No innovation. Crap story. Rehashed multiplayer. No depth. No thought. The only time this game pushes the envelope is whenIt's not that Call of Duty is necessarily a "bad" game, per se. The mechanics are sound, the gameplay is polished, the graphics are good. The problem is they billed it as "the most anticipated game in history" and then gave us the same exact thing as the previous game. No innovation. Crap story. Rehashed multiplayer. No depth. No thought. The only time this game pushes the envelope is when it attempts to be controversial, in what are CLEARLY cheap attempts to grab media headlines - they understand that any attention is good attention in the gaming business. At this point, the so-called "critic" reviews are a joke. They may go through and give you a rundown on the game's faults, realize that the game's good points are few and far-between, only to completely reverse direction at the end and say, without any trace of self-awareness, "9/10." Because god forbid they be blacklisted from reviewing the next mega-hit that the company puts out (which, ironically, is a trend that they are helping perpetuate). At this point, we as gamers really need to step up and take notice of bias in our gaming sites. We as gamers need to do a lot of things, actually. Most importantly, we have to stop letting them shove media hype down our throats. Is MW3 ACTUALLY bad enough to warrant the zero I give it? No. In reality, it should be more like a three. But we can't compromise anymore. We can't allow constant headlines on IGN to dictate our purchases. We can't allow companies to sell us generic, shallow crap and get away with it. We can't allow companies to copy (more or less verbatim) previous formats and shove them down our throats. It's time that we, as gamers, finally take a little pride for once in our chosen lifestyle and tell the gaming industry that we're not gonna to take it, no, we ain't gonna take it, we're not gonna take it, anymore. Innovation should be celebrated, not labeled as dangerous and used sparingly. And certainly not completely absent, as it is in Modern Warfare three. So when you're at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or where ever, do the industry a favor: Do not buy this game. Expand
  77. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is a joke and I'm a COD Fan Boy. COD 4 and MW2 was the best thing to have happen and the release of MW3 is like playing COD 4 all over again. The graphics have taken a step back since MW2 and the textures look like powder even with settings maxed out. I wasn't expecting much from this game yet I at least figured the graphics would be like MW2. Sigh***
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    One word sums it up: rehash. Everything has been done before; not just by other games (which would be awful in its own right) but by the same series! If you value the video game industry, your money and your intelligence please don't make the same mistake I did and buy this game.
  79. Nov 9, 2011
    Shame on Activision for blatant copy paste. I am sure this game will still get record sales. Even for free, I doubt I would play it.

Single player - they even copy pasted objects and textures from previous installments. There is a youtube video showing how buildings were copy pasted into MW3.

The story is ridiculous. Multi player - boring and hasn't changed since mw2.
  80. Nov 9, 2011
    The campaign for this game is truly the same old story, but that doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play. The war zones are amazing and there are a whole bunch of WTF moments with incredible explosions. But the real reason I picked this game up was for multiplayer, spec ops and survival and I 100% assure you they are well worth your money even if you don't play the story at all you willThe campaign for this game is truly the same old story, but that doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play. The war zones are amazing and there are a whole bunch of WTF moments with incredible explosions. But the real reason I picked this game up was for multiplayer, spec ops and survival and I 100% assure you they are well worth your money even if you don't play the story at all you will still get 50 hours at least out of this game Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    First off, those of you giving the game a zero are pathetic. This is my first experience with a COD game and I've enjoyed my expeirience so far. The action is quick and fun and the graphics are really great. I'm not going to say this is the best game that I've ever played but I definitely think it's amoung the best FPS that I've ever played. I don't take a lot of stake in User Reviews onFirst off, those of you giving the game a zero are pathetic. This is my first experience with a COD game and I've enjoyed my expeirience so far. The action is quick and fun and the graphics are really great. I'm not going to say this is the best game that I've ever played but I definitely think it's amoung the best FPS that I've ever played. I don't take a lot of stake in User Reviews on here but I feel like if someone is going to review this game... be fair... be honest. Even if you think this game doesn't add much new... does that warrant a "zero" because obviously you liked MW2 enough to buy this sequel, right? I suspect that mots of these people are Battlefield fan boys who are trying to destroy the positive energy this game is providing. Shame on you. Expand
  82. Nov 9, 2011
    From start to finish, Modern Warfare 3 seeks to bring you on a ridiculously explosive and action packed ride. It's campaign brings more of what is loved by fans of the series to the table, including vehicle sections, a great sense of spectacle and ultimately takes you on a non stop thrill ride around the globe in a variety of (mostly), beautiful environments and locations. I would beFrom start to finish, Modern Warfare 3 seeks to bring you on a ridiculously explosive and action packed ride. It's campaign brings more of what is loved by fans of the series to the table, including vehicle sections, a great sense of spectacle and ultimately takes you on a non stop thrill ride around the globe in a variety of (mostly), beautiful environments and locations. I would be lying if I said that the graphics weren't showing their age, but ultimately the fantastically well developed and polished game-play outshines any sense of age. The sound design has received a bit more attention here then in previous iterations of the game, resulting in a more immersive experience then ever before. Spec Ops is back from Modern Warfare 2 and is bigger and better then ever before, it retains the old short, timed missions from last time but also features a new survival mode, reminiscent of Halo's Firefight or Gears Of War's Horde Mode. This mode is really addictive and many will find it competing for their multiplayer time. As you defeat the waves of enemies spawned upon you, you gain resources to spend on air strikes, new weapons, grenades and so on. On top of all this, Modern Warfare 3 sports a multiplayer suite that you can sink literally hundreds of hours into. It's the same as the previous games: you gain experience points to level up and gain new weapons, perks and Killstreaks. Besides being more polished then ever before, there are only a few minor additions here such as weapon leveling and new weapons etc. Overall, this is a really sleek action packed package and absolutely worthy of your money, particularly if you haven't played any of the previous games in the series. No ones calling really innovative but that does not mean it is undeserving of the score I'm giving it. Easily the best arcade shooter to come out this year. Expand
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear,Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Rehashed, Tacticool, Linear, Money Whoring, Unoriginal Tarp Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is blatantly a copy of MW2 with new textures, a few game modes and new maps. This game isn't worth $60. It's what killing the gaming industry. Absolutely no effort is put into these Call of Duty games. Simply awful.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously? Wouldn't this just be a map pack? That's all it is! Cut the crap activision. I can't believe I bought the hype and the 2 hour story! I will no longer support anything with 3 at the end of it. It all turns out to be crap. Fable 3, Spiderman 3, Halo 3,. ETC. IM DONE,.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    No dedicated servers ranking is a joke. Why did they have to ruin this game? Same game basically as the last two is total bull crap. With all the money they make there is no excuse for a game like this. Waste of $60!!!
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't believe the bad reviews this game is getting. This is my first modern warfare game I have played at it is awesome. Perhaps it might be similar to other modern warfare games which I have not played but to a first time player it is unreal! 10 out of 10
  89. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is fun and fast-paced, but if you aren't good at the game, it won't be fun. On PC it's a whole different thing, because of the dedicated servers. If you just want to play around without having to worry about your K:D and stuff, you can go and play on dedicated servers!

Kill Confirmed was a great invention for MW3, it's extremely fast-paced and you get a lot XP each match. Definitely one of Infinity Ward's (and SHG's) good ideas! At first the game seems fun, the first 5-7 hours - then (in most cases) you feel "fed up", you start to feel annoyed and unsatisfied. But this effect will fade out after some sleep!

In general I would describe MW3 as a good candy in an old wrapper. It's like your friend played a joke on you and but your candy in an old wrapper, to make you believe it's bad and you don't want it. But after playing MW3 you realize it plays like MW2 but it's a whole different game. It even looks like MW2, but it's not.

A game definitely worth the money!
  90. Mar 4, 2012
    It's the worst CoD they made so far... It's visible that this sledgehammer or wtf developed it. Graphics are like a 5-years-old game's graphics. Our beloved IWnet hasn't changed anything, ofc, you can find the habitual dose of lag on every server, so I'm now not surprised if I shoot someone but can't hit him and eventually, even he kills me. They managed to make the create-a-class menu aIt's the worst CoD they made so far... It's visible that this sledgehammer or wtf developed it. Graphics are like a 5-years-old game's graphics. Our beloved IWnet hasn't changed anything, ofc, you can find the habitual dose of lag on every server, so I'm now not surprised if I shoot someone but can't hit him and eventually, even he kills me. They managed to make the create-a-class menu a bit complicated... It's simply terrible. Those many killstreak rewards are totally unmanageable and confusing. To be honest they chose the wrong tactics. I think they didn't have any idea how to develope the gameplay, so they made the menu worse. At least the singe player was fun, that's why I give it 1 point. To sum it up, it's clearly not worth its price. I'm already looking forward to Black Ops 2 and hope that it'll bring redemption, because I love Black Ops, even if it has some tiny bugs. Good advice: Be cautious! Don't believe the trailers! Wait for a thorough gameplay review, and as a result you won't waste 60â Expand
  91. Nov 9, 2011
    A map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALLA map and texture pack for MW2, which was a map and texture pack for cod 4.They added some garbage killstreak **** and call it a brand new game. I played about 5 hours of this steaming pile of **** at my friends house, and got exactly what I thought I would. Just like MW2, this is a slap in the face to PC gamers everywhere. There is dedicated server support, but guess what. THEY ARE ALL UNRANKED. In order to advance your character and grab the carrots dangling in your face, you must use the same broken P2P system that consoles use. Locked FOV, locked framerate, and tons of other bugs create the exact same experience PC players had with MW2. Hitscan, instant bullet travel time, along with locked FOV, ensures that the game will never require skill. It is a game for people who don't play video games, and it is an absolute insult to the hard work and innovation of other developers. It is essentially the Family Guy of FPS. Instant gratification for low IQ morons who think they know something. I am by no means a Battlefield fanboy, and I am disappointed in the "sequel" that is BF3, but at least it tried to innovate in all areas of the game. I have a number of problems with BF3, but it is still an infinitely superior game to this pile of dog****. If you plan on buying one or the other, I would highly recommend BF3, regardless of your platform of choice. Expand
  92. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with some of the criticism offered by some users. Yes, MW3 doesn't feel like a new game: it's more like an expansion pack for MW2. Yes, the graphics don't look that great for a game released in 2011. Yes, the gameplay is not innovative, but this is not necessarily a bad thing: both MW2 and its carbon copy MW3 have great gameplay. I have only 2 issues with MW3: 1) US$ 60 for a MW2 expansion pack (i.e., MW3) is a rip-off, and 2) despite of my system configuration (I7-2600, GTX-580, 8GB RAM, Creative Labs Titanium discrete audio card, 25Mbps/25Mbps broadband), the game lags too much when I happen to be the host (MW2 had the same problem due to P2P). These are the only 2 reasons for me to give it a 7 out of 10. Another thing: If IW ever releases a paid Elite service for PC, just pass - it's not worth 50 bucks. Expand
  93. Nov 8, 2011
    Well , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , butWell , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , but they are unranked so you cant level. o and they told us this 2 days before release when i already ordered mine and payed.So they just lied to steal my money for a game i hate. I normally like IW's call of duty game play , but this is the worse cod ever! The perks suck , match making even worse then in mw2 , cant get my nat of strict no matter what , even turn of my rooter firewall and windows. Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll start off with technical problems:
    *Activision claims you get dedicated servers back, only you don't.
    You can only get unlocks on p2p matchmaking servers (which is not upto pc -or any for that matter- standard). *It runs horribly on hd48xx cards (which are more than capable enough to run a game like this) despite the mp maps someone looking worse than those in mw2. Black ops had this
    I'll start off with technical problems:
    *Activision claims you get dedicated servers back, only you don't.
    Black ops had this same problem and it was NEVER fixed, don't count on it.
    *p2p by its very nature makes for a worthless multiplayer 'experience', hit detection is off AND delayed because of it.
    *tiny field of view which is unforgiveable for a pc game and there is no way to change it.
    Even if you don't know what this is, you should care it's a big deal.

Now for gameplay issues:
    -Maps are tiny and the spawn system (which is always bad in cod games) does not know how to deal with that.
    -field of view turns it into a horse blinders crapshoot
    -rock paper scissors perks/weapons and killstreaks really have no place in a pseudo competitive shooter.
    -weapons still have no recoil which especially on pc is ridiculous, laser guns are no fun, there is NO learning curve for the gunplay in this game, just point and click.
    Shooters are normally all about this learning curve, for shame!

General :
    -Animations, sound, graphics are not up to standard for a 2011 game
    -AGAIN no mod tools! shameful since the early cod games upto mw1 and even world at war had those
    -pathetic unlock / point / filling bars carrot to make up for a lack of interesting gameplay and variation, remove the carrot and this game wouldn't be half as popular, this is a FACT.
    -bloom, blur, browngrey unicolor is so 2005
    -community is trash, as always in call of duty games
    -looks and feels like every cod game since the first one, only now the damage was doubled so that changed (for the worse, did not think that was even possible).

Cod started off as a shameless medal of honor allied assault clone, but at least it was decent at it at first, after mw1 the series has regressed in both quality and effort on part of the developent teams (teams that change more often than a pregnant woman changes her mood)

Even on fan sites you hear mw3 refered to as 'the latest SEASON in call of duty', if that doesn't give you a clue of how bad it is getting milked then I don't know what to tell you.

My biggest gripe: Every single change in the game could have been a patch for mw2, and WOULD have been a patch if the game were made 10 years ago.

People are finally starting to catch up to this and it shows in the user scores.
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    I love how all of the Battlefield 3 fanboys get on here to trash MW3. Quit acting like its the same game being released because its not. The game has lots of new features and the same addicting gameplay that helps it to beat the battlefield series year in year out.
  96. Nov 9, 2011
    Why could they not update the engine? Its really become tired. I cant be bothered to watch this cheese any more. WE WANT TO PLAY. WE WANT TO MAKE THE ACTION OUR SELVES otherwise why not just watch a film? The single player is better than bf3's TERRIBLE single player but its still below the standards we used to expect from FPS. What a disappointment.
  97. Nov 9, 2011
    Most expensive map pack ever made. Even looking at it as the standalone expansion that it is, its still not worth the $60 price tag. Basically you pay the usual $15 for the map pack, plus $45 for the 5 hour campaign. Yet, it will still sell millions of units. Stupid compulsive gamers.
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    It has the exact same game play as it's predecessors, why are they remaking the same game over and over again with a different name? Not fun, and not worth your money.
  99. Jan 29, 2012
    After a few more months I have only 1 thing to say: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Roughly every 3rd game I play has a hacker in it that uses wallhack+aimbot and therefore kills people through walls, ceilings, etc. and always with a headshot. The fact that you cannot choose which game to join, you will likely rejoin the same game if you quit -- many people quit when such an obvious hacker appearsAfter a few more months I have only 1 thing to say: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Roughly every 3rd game I play has a hacker in it that uses wallhack+aimbot and therefore kills people through walls, ceilings, etc. and always with a headshot. The fact that you cannot choose which game to join, you will likely rejoin the same game if you quit -- many people quit when such an obvious hacker appears and since that very game session needs more players, CoD will send you right back if you quick and start a new join request. This has been going on for a long time and things are not improving, since the developer doesn't care about this problem. AVOID THIS GAME!!! Expand
  100. Nov 28, 2011

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012