Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.6

1. Nov 9, 2011
    this is supposed to be a game in late 2011. technically outdated, conceptually outdated and just a repackaging of an old game , yet charges 60 bucks for it. wow man, wow
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    The campaign of this game is terrible. Its linear, has bad writing, generic gameplay, and the graphics are showing its age. The whole game is you going trough narrow paths and shooting bad guys. One good thing about it is that the campaign lasts only 3 hours.Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the mostThe campaign of this game is terrible. Its linear, has bad writing, generic gameplay, and the graphics are showing its age. The whole game is you going trough narrow paths and shooting bad guys. One good thing about it is that the campaign lasts only 3 hours.Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehical's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain expirence. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    The only way this franchise will be saved is a remake of COD4. There has not been a good game in it since. This game is piss poor and craps right on the faces of PC gamers. The damage is completely unreliable, the maps are atrocious, and the kill streaks still as stupid as MW2. Infinity ward and Activision have not released anything of worth since COD4 and never will again. I give up onThe only way this franchise will be saved is a remake of COD4. There has not been a good game in it since. This game is piss poor and craps right on the faces of PC gamers. The damage is completely unreliable, the maps are atrocious, and the kill streaks still as stupid as MW2. Infinity ward and Activision have not released anything of worth since COD4 and never will again. I give up on 90% of developers now days that pay 0 attention to what their customers want. Congratulations on selling enough copies to pay for the game because it flopped and I highly doubt you will keep a community in the future. Just stop making call of duty. STOP!!! Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing ground breaking about this game, If you enjoyed the previous CoD's then you'll like it. The Multiplayer is an improvement over MW2. Maps, weapons, killstreaks, perks, etc are better and more balanced. The Graphics are good but not an improvment over previous titles except I do like the character animations, especially faces, they looked revamped. I wish dedicated servers wereNothing ground breaking about this game, If you enjoyed the previous CoD's then you'll like it. The Multiplayer is an improvement over MW2. Maps, weapons, killstreaks, perks, etc are better and more balanced. The Graphics are good but not an improvment over previous titles except I do like the character animations, especially faces, they looked revamped. I wish dedicated servers were ranked and there was a way to adjust the field of View. Have not finished the SP nor have I started any Co-op as of yet. Expand
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    Battlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling thisBattlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling this is for you. I have been playing all morning, and all I can say the single player makes you feel like a total bad ass and it takes no prisoners doing so. The visuals, sound, and ammount of content is epic.

Spec Ops, is the best part of the game but will be probably the least played of the bunch. If you got a buddy to play with this is really a challange, and will put your skills to the test if you are willing to get a 100% in them

Multiplayer has grown up a lot, and while not on the same size scale as BF3 it offers a different flavor of it. I am not very good at COD MP, but with the support class I given slack for sucking, but rewarded for supporting. That single featuer alone is sensational. I am very please with it, and the fact that you can custom tailor the guns to your liking is awsome.

COD:MW3 is worth your money, and I really have no clue why all the negative reivews. I own both BF3 and MW3, and I can not say that I like one more over the other, but I can say that I play as of right now MW3 more because it is refined, no cashing, freezing, or funky glitches in the game.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    Don't let all the reviews tell you the game is bad I have played every cod and this one is great just like cod4 gun on gun fights and mw2 kill streaks(new ones also). The people who give the negative rate more then likely are bad at the game or there pc is stone aged.COD MW3 is great!!!
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    I have played every CoD going all the way back to the first one on PC. MW3 is by far the worst version I've ever played. The map design is atrocious. The lack of RANKED dedicated servers is unforgivable! It's very clear to me the amateurs at Sledgehammer are not CoD players at all. They took MW2 wonder map design and mutilated it. They took Black Ops awesome dedicated servers andI have played every CoD going all the way back to the first one on PC. MW3 is by far the worst version I've ever played. The map design is atrocious. The lack of RANKED dedicated servers is unforgivable! It's very clear to me the amateurs at Sledgehammer are not CoD players at all. They took MW2 wonder map design and mutilated it. They took Black Ops awesome dedicated servers and crippled them. What an absolute disappointment. My hope lies solely with Treyarch. Sledgehammer needs to be dumped by Electronic Arts ASAP! Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 map pack... at best. The only good thing I can say about this is: Because Infinityward used an old engine, I have great FPS, so thanks for that.
  9. Nov 24, 2011
    I have never really been a follower of the Call of Duty games; Back in the day, it was Medal of Honor or nothing, but since EA managed to practically destroy that series, like they did with many others (think C&C), I have been forced to look elsewhere. So here I am at Modern Warfare 3. Because I am somewhat lazy, I am just going to create a list of some dot-points.

*It's the first COD

*It's the first COD game I have played competitively online and I am enjoying the experience; aside from some bugs. One thing that does annoy me is that there is no big maps, so you are usually forced to use close-to-medium range guns. I can also understand why IW didn't change the multiplayer experience too much - it would have alienated the fan base. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", comes to mind here.

*I do agree with most people here - the engine for this game is aging too much. Sure it has improved slightly over each game, but no matter how many labels IW slaps on the engine, its still the same thing. "No matter how much you polish turd...". The colours are dull and washed out, textures are flat and low resolution, shadows are horrible, the foliage does not look great, and the overall definition of the game ain't there. It's time for a new engine - one that actually looks decent on a 1080p screen.

*Let's be honest here, I didn't buy COD for the campaign, so I don't care how mediocre it may seem, but as long as there is one I am not fussed. The storyline itself was extremely short and full of almost every cliche known to man. One big Hollywood explosion-fest. Where are the war games that actually make you feel the real emotions of war and the morals behind it all? A game that really makes you think about your actions or question what is happening in front of you. I know it might be hard to portray in an interactive media like games, but I'm sure its probably not entirely impossible.

To sum it up, future COD games need a new engine, better story lines, and more map sizes and varieties. I'm not saying it has to compete with BF3 in terms of gameplay, like most people here ( That would be like comparing apples to oranges. One game offers large-scale multilayer with vehicles, the other is more like a death match arena game), it just has to improve it's core - what made it great in the first place. My decision to purchase Modern Warfare 3 was simple; I haven't owned a COD game before, and wanted to experience what the fuss was all about by purchasing the latest installment. I couldn't really careless about the previous games (although I did like World at War).

And about he contrasting scores here on Metacritic - it was insane what the critics rated the game, I don't think it deserves that high of a score. As for the user reviews, most are people who compare it to BF3 or who feel betrayed, let-down, or conned by IW/Activision by not delivering a game that lives up to its very own hype, or the users own expectation. At the end of the day, who is more likely to voice their opinion? Someone who has something positive to say, or someone who has something negative to say?
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    CoD MW3 es un buen juego y muy entretenido pero despues de 4 años sigue siendo igual que su gran antecesor: CoD 4. Es un copia y pega de sus anteriores entregas...
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    I bought license for MW2, Black Ops and finally MW3 so far.. and the biggest disappointment is... Black Ops. Because of the poor optimisation for Win 7 (as far as i read). MW3 thought brought things up for the series, as far as I'm concerned, being everything that MW2 was to me and more. No DirectX 11, no completely new things? That's allright, I'm not necessary looking for testing on myI bought license for MW2, Black Ops and finally MW3 so far.. and the biggest disappointment is... Black Ops. Because of the poor optimisation for Win 7 (as far as i read). MW3 thought brought things up for the series, as far as I'm concerned, being everything that MW2 was to me and more. No DirectX 11, no completely new things? That's allright, I'm not necessary looking for testing on my own money, and don't like giving up on framerates for new titles that reach new tech standards. With my E8400 and GTX460 this game is a peach. The only minus I see is lack of servers in my region for a good ping and maybe the price. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2011
    As most Launch titles are these days they always require a bit of patching. A lot of the Imbalance in MW2 was eliminated by Nerfing and Removing certain elements, but compensated by the extra perks, point streaks and Unorthodox Maps. Gameplay still retains it's tradition with a few new extras.
    Love the idea with having Both Matchmaking and Dedicated Servers but disappointed on not being able to use console commands.

In my Opinion Activision Should Follow the Paths of Blizzard and Valve Alike, Make only a few games and patch them on a regular basis. But when Money is involved i dnt think thats going to happen Overall An Ok game at that, might wait till it's ben patched a bit better.
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    This game, like the other Call of Duty games is a lot of fun and it is probably actually worthy of an 8.5-9 score. However for people who fork out money on these call of duty games each time they are released will see it differently because it is practically the same thing over and over. To someone who is new to call of duty they will love this game but for those who are familiar with theThis game, like the other Call of Duty games is a lot of fun and it is probably actually worthy of an 8.5-9 score. However for people who fork out money on these call of duty games each time they are released will see it differently because it is practically the same thing over and over. To someone who is new to call of duty they will love this game but for those who are familiar with the franchise will feel like they have been robbed and like myself will feel that they have purchased a glorified map pack or DLC. If the reviews and ratings of a game are an influence in some gamers decision to buy a game, and therefore the sales numbers will encourage developers to continue recycling their old games then i think its a bit of a 'slap in the face' to those who have supported the franchise. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    Let's start with the fact that I did not play with CoD before (just the FIRST part back in the early-mid 2000's) so this review will be a cod n00bs point of view
    - I am familiar with the system that ranking is dedicated ONLY to supervised servers. I totally don't know why are these flamers want it. Dedicated servers needs to be a place where clans are preparing for wars and championships or friends who want to challenge each other on a LAN party or somewhat. I'm currently thinking WHAT kind of purpose would be to rank up on a dedicated server... HM I GET IT NOW, SO YOU ALL **** WAREZ VERSION OWNERS CAN USE ALL FEATURES OF THE GAME. WELL, NO U DON'T
    - I saw that many of you wanted to have a custom POV angle setting, well that would be some feature for the hardcore games but I don't get it, if you are hardcore cod multi players, why do you want to have ranking on dedi. servers(to get back to the prev. question again). If I would be a hardcore cod clan multi-player then I would want all the available guns and features immediately to train for wars and well, the dedi. servers give you this choise... Just again a minor point to show you all metacritic people that the 0-10 point reviews all are bunch of **** and childish flame.
    - Graphics: no change from the previous version as I saw, but i am noob in this game so this is something new for me, i don't care. Hardcore multi-gamers should not aware this thing either...
    - Multiplayer - fairly lot of changes as I see after i read and heard things from friends and blogs about mw2. Fairly enough content, lots of stages and coop missions
    - Single: adrenalin pushing content, unluckily I am now in the middle of a story and I don't know some things back in the MW2 but who cares. The only thing which is bothering me and is confusing that the story is about lots of different soldiers, we are jumping between these places and to tell the truth I can't totally feel myself in the story in this way. And to point on the haters' POV, most of them just throwing here a "single is **** phrases, I think this is totally not enough review of the content ;-)
    - Sounds: thrilling

My POV tells a 9 point of 10 for this game, but I would give a 7 if i would be a cod fan: 80% would be a fair point and I would minus down 10% for disappointment: content reusage is so high in this game that this is some kind of DLC of MW2 and not a new game
  15. Dec 1, 2011
    The game itself, i regret was rather poorly done. With those outdated graphics it kind of felt like a rehash of Modern Warfare 2. However i can tell you it is actually enjoyable to play and has those usual COD moments where you think "OH YEAH!!". The multiplayer is poorly done with its lack of dedicated servers, but still delivers the kick that you can expect from a COD game. A nice game,The game itself, i regret was rather poorly done. With those outdated graphics it kind of felt like a rehash of Modern Warfare 2. However i can tell you it is actually enjoyable to play and has those usual COD moments where you think "OH YEAH!!". The multiplayer is poorly done with its lack of dedicated servers, but still delivers the kick that you can expect from a COD game. A nice game, but could have been better. (also why with the Battlefield fanboy reviews, it kind of annoyed me how obviously bias the reviews where, it wasn't just COD 2.5. there was a lot of differences.) Expand
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    While I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game itself, one of my biggest gripes is with the prelude narration which sounds like it's being spoken by someone who's about 16 or 17 years old. Other than that, it's a great game with a lot of action and cinematic sequences.
  17. May 26, 2012
    best game I ever played, simply amazing
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list: 1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic. 9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less. 8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'. 7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny. 6. Hellraiser.
    best game I ever played, simply amazing
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list:
    1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic.
    9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less.
    8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'.
    7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny.
    6. Hellraiser. It has a nice plot and Pinhead is awesome.
    5. Sleepaway Camp. Nobody remembers this movie but I reckon it was KICKASS.
    4. Nightmare on Elm Street. Also classic.
    3. Friday the 13th. Jason is almost too KICKASS.
    2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pretty messed up but it kept me on the edge of my seat.
    (Drumrolls)
    1. Halloween. Myers is slightly KICKASS and the movie was brilliant.
  18. Jan 7, 2013
    Nice game, good story, i don't understand why are there so many people gave it a bad rate. If you gave it a bad rate, what do you think the story should be?
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible. same old same old garbage. wake up players. I bought this title with the intention of getting a game that was worth $60. Turns out that it was just a waste of money.
  20. Dec 20, 2011
    first off. Since MW2 my love for call of duty has gone downhill, but when i was told by many people how good MW3 was, i just had t ogo and get it. and to my complete and utter surprise, i found it was actually quite good. the single player was tight, bug free and apart from the COD 4 story, was wonderful, bringing back some amazing moments.
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched that, and it would be a bit bias as i know i will be rubbish at it.
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    None of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, whichNone of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but hardly worth the price of a full game. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    I didn't even buy BF 3 as planned, for some obvious reasons, but lets just say Origin to keep me from going on a rant. But BF3 being bad aside, this, this isn't even a PC game, it's a console port that was supposed to have dedicated servers. And it does, but it for un ranked. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking, but it certainly isn't to make good games. Gameplay wise, it's theI didn't even buy BF 3 as planned, for some obvious reasons, but lets just say Origin to keep me from going on a rant. But BF3 being bad aside, this, this isn't even a PC game, it's a console port that was supposed to have dedicated servers. And it does, but it for un ranked. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking, but it certainly isn't to make good games. Gameplay wise, it's the same as MW2, which was liek COD4 but with a bunch of stupid gimmicks. Save your money, rent for your PS3/360/Wii, but don't get for PC, please. Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2011
    I gave it a shot, and as soon as I started.. BOOM; it felt very stale from the get go. However, they do know how to suck you in and do a great job of creating over the top action. The flaw is, MW4 wasn't this over the top. It had good pacing and felt smart. MW3, on the other-hand is like a kid with AA that keeps talking and jumping around. I get bored of playing it quick, because it justI gave it a shot, and as soon as I started.. BOOM; it felt very stale from the get go. However, they do know how to suck you in and do a great job of creating over the top action. The flaw is, MW4 wasn't this over the top. It had good pacing and felt smart. MW3, on the other-hand is like a kid with AA that keeps talking and jumping around. I get bored of playing it quick, because it just doesn't stop yelling at me. The missions feel for the most part, to short and just to much **** going on to take anything in. All the games like usual have some great ideas and gameplay moments, its just sad to see them all wasted in this game. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    okay what MW2 is. Mw2 is a re-skinned game with new maps, the game play is clunky the game is just overall a joke. I am telling you this now don't even bother to buy it maybe when its $20 but before that stay away my friends.
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    Worst game EVER. Of all time.
    Worst game EVER. Of all time.
    The campaign of this game is terrible. Its linear, has bad writing, generic gameplay, and the graphics are showing its age. The whole game is you going trough narrow paths and shooting bad guys. One good thing about it is that the campaign lasts only 3 hours. They try to distract you from how bad it is with big explosions every two seconds but the engine is so old that they look just lame. Scene where a child is killed tries to generate controversy like the airport mission in MW2 but it fails miserably. The multiplayer is the same thing you already played several times before. Almost nothing is changed from the previous games. The new maps are bland and not worth it. The new modes are nothing special. If you are buying the game for its multiplayer, buy MW instead, its cheaper and better balanced. Also the game suffers from numerous bugs on the PC version. My advice is to stick with the first MW or just play a better FPS like RO2 or BF3.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    I returned my Xbox360 copy to see how much better it would play on PC, and too be honest, its not even any better, in fact

IT PLAYS WORSE, I've also returned this copy, if a game isnt fun in the first hour, then it's not worth continuing.
  27. Nov 9, 2011
    I will be calling my credit card company today because for some reason I was charged $60 for this DLC. Must be an accounting error, I am sure of it, because no sane company will charge a full-game price for what appears to be a quickie expansion, right?

Don't get me wrong - the game is good, it is just not $60-good. Amount of work that was put into this game is a fraction of what it typically takes to release a AAA title. So, why should Activision/IW/Sledgehammer be paid 3x more for 75% less work when compared to competition? Why is it ok to keep ripping off loyal fans year after year while delivering marginal content and minimal post-release support?

I would have given this game a 9 if it cost around $20-25, but a quick expansion selling for $60 will only get a 5 from me. I will try to sell my copy of MW3 and will not touch another COD in the future.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    I really hope the amount of negative feedback this game has recieved so far, will put pressure on the developers to do something about this franchise for the better. The time has now come for this ship to sail and move onto something more rewarding and revolutionary, an imrpoved up to date engine would be a positive start, it's odd to see that COD are one of the fewer games out there toI really hope the amount of negative feedback this game has recieved so far, will put pressure on the developers to do something about this franchise for the better. The time has now come for this ship to sail and move onto something more rewarding and revolutionary, an imrpoved up to date engine would be a positive start, it's odd to see that COD are one of the fewer games out there to have such an outdated engine considering the time of age we are in now. I can understand that the devs wanted to keep the same formula and style of game because they may have not wanted to take the risk of producing something so new. Therefore potentially this would have pushed away a lot of the fans. However as ironic as it seems a lot of users have complained because of how much this game is the same as it's predecessor and for this reason I am not willing to spend £40 on something that is basically a replica/expansion map pack for MW2. Lets hope the devs learn something from this and satisfy their customers for the next installment in the COD franchise, maybe a whole new conecpt all together? Who knows. Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2011
    This game gets a 2 out of 10. Same Game, same graphics, same sounds, nothing is new but a few lame play styles, No dedicated servers, it lags all the time or loses game connectivity. Its the last time I will be buying a COD game! IF you agree connect to the site I posted and Help the movement to open their eyes!

30. Nov 9, 2011
    I play CoD for the multiplayer and it was a huge let down. I basically loaded up the game expecting something more than a re-skin and new maps. If you are not just determined to own this I would save yourself some money and play a different game. Or go back to mw2 and get the map packs. From what I can tell the graphics are only slightly better and since its back to iwnet the lag getsI play CoD for the multiplayer and it was a huge let down. I basically loaded up the game expecting something more than a re-skin and new maps. If you are not just determined to own this I would save yourself some money and play a different game. Or go back to mw2 and get the map packs. From what I can tell the graphics are only slightly better and since its back to iwnet the lag gets ridiculous at times. I regret buying it. Expand
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    Credit to the developers, artists, animators etc. for their hard work (I am missing out QA here on purpose). Its obvious that a decision was made to keep with whatever their current tech was and effectively release an expansion pack that follows on the story from the single player MW2. Nothing wrong with doing that but charging the same price for a full game when you haven't addedCredit to the developers, artists, animators etc. for their hard work (I am missing out QA here on purpose). Its obvious that a decision was made to keep with whatever their current tech was and effectively release an expansion pack that follows on the story from the single player MW2. Nothing wrong with doing that but charging the same price for a full game when you haven't added anything new is doing a disservice to the player. The action sets pieces are visually quite nice and follow the Hollywood action movie style just as effectively as the previous titles do in the series. However restricting the player to a liner path through the game is getting a bit of an old game mechanic now so something different would have been nice (Just look at what EIDOS did with Deus Ex). You could probably forgive them for the liner game-play if there were at least some cool new thing you could do in each refresh of the title (like Ubisoft giving you more abilities in Assassins Creed) but the only innovation seems to be a bit of weightless gunfigthing (which is quite cool though not very long) and a few new guns. The auto-save feature however still manages to occasionally kick in at the worst moments making replaying a section annoying when the first thing you need to do is try and survive long enough to get into cover. The biggest problem however is the game stopping bug about a third of the way through the PC campaign. How that one slipped by EA's QA I will never know. Sure it will probably be quickly patched and there is a work around to get you past it if you do some googling put the fact that such an obvious bug that can be found by just playing the game in the normal fashion made it through to the final release suggests that hitting deadlines was more important than releasing a working game.

If this game we released as a maxi DLC or a boxed expansion for around £25 then its would probably rate at 8 but as it stands a 2 it is.
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Single player I feel was the only game that was done relatively well, although the storyline was a tad predictable. However i feel a majority of people bought this game for the multiplayer, and players like us, whom spend thousands of dollars on our custom rigs, and then hundreds of dollars in games don't expect to play something as mediocre as this was.
    The Call of Duty francise is a
    The Call of Duty francise is a multi-million dollar industry, YET it refuses to spend this money on improving the game. instead this game has opted to using an engine that is over 2 years old, weapon sounds from previous games & not to mention that dreaded P2P network. what infinity ward has failed to understand is that if we wanted to play via P2P we would of bought an xbox or a PS3 not spend thousands of dollars on our rigs. Robert Bowling has some serious rethinking to do; to attempt at riving this dying franchise.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    No dedicated servers.
    Awfull graphics and sound.
    Gameplay is identical to previous releases.
    They reuse all the same graphics, sound , models even the plot is a recycled piece of trash.

NOTHING NEW HERE- 60$ THANK YOU VERY MUCH
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely, hands down one of the worst games I've ever played. Who would of thought something with so much action can be so incredible boring. I couldn't bring myself to play more because it was such uninspired, rehashed garbage. Nothing good to say about this trash.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Never once have I felt so betrayed by a game developer. That they honestly want to treat their customers like this. They didn't even try to lube it up. It was just rough from the beginning. No foreplay, just plain shiat, from start to end. Wauw.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Save yourself some money and just buy Modern Warfare. The only thing you're getting in MW3 is deathstreaks and a poor, poor game. Re-used assets, story and engine all make this the worst possible purchase you could ever make.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Another MW game, and this time, they didn't bother to hide the fact that they were reusing textures and building from the fourth installment, or that they hardly changed anything about the overall gameplay. In fact, they seemed to have taken a step back from their newer game, Black Ops, opting for a tired out MW2 system. Brainless fun, a junk food of a game. Save your 60$.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Glen Schofield plz,dont beg your score.
    Seriously, just take your money and get the hell out, do not cry on a well-deserved backlash.

For video game sake .
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    It looks decent, sure but if you consider that this is nothing short of food from the week before, what would you expect. But what do we get? The usual campaign with loads of bang, boom, explosion here and there and poof. Finish. That's about all. Everything else has been there at some point and you get a feeling that they didn't even try to improve game-play. And - as a little special forIt looks decent, sure but if you consider that this is nothing short of food from the week before, what would you expect. But what do we get? The usual campaign with loads of bang, boom, explosion here and there and poof. Finish. That's about all. Everything else has been there at some point and you get a feeling that they didn't even try to improve game-play. And - as a little special for us PC oldies - we can feel the cold chill and neglect by not getting all the features that console players get (and need to pay for in parts - haha). And why? Because people are cheating? No certainly not. Just because they were to lazy to invest any thought into this problem. Good job. Well done. Expand
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    I have played all the COD games, my favorites being Call of Duty, Call of Duty MW1, and black ops.I have also played everything from unreal tournament, quake, RTCW Enemy territory and everything in between. I have to say that Call of Duty MW 3 is the biggest hyped piece of crap shooter I think ive ever played. It feels like everything is too fast, everyone is on crack, the guns dont evenI have played all the COD games, my favorites being Call of Duty, Call of Duty MW1, and black ops.I have also played everything from unreal tournament, quake, RTCW Enemy territory and everything in between. I have to say that Call of Duty MW 3 is the biggest hyped piece of crap shooter I think ive ever played. It feels like everything is too fast, everyone is on crack, the guns dont even sound right. The mechanics feel all wrong! I felt like a was playing street fighterr, in a John Woo movie, dropped in little cramped , terrible maps. I WANTED this to be a good game, I really did. I spent 60 dollars... and now I cant return it - what a joke. Dont think I will trust this line of games again , ever. Dont waste your time or money. And to top it alllllllll offf, no dolphin dive? fail, epic fail! Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have actually played this game, let's get that out of the way first as the internet PR mill swings into action to try to tell the world that people giving MW3 a low score haven't played it.

First, I have to agree that in many ways it does feel like a very expensive expansion pack for MW2. Sadly in the areas that it does differ from the older game, it almost invariably takes a step or two backward. Take the graphical quality, for example. Much of the game is now accompanied by a blurring effect, as if somebody has clumsily tried to implement depth of field without really understanding what it should do. It's not really distracting but it serves no purpose. We still have the same faintly ridiculous world in which Russian regulars try to gun you down with Belgian made weapons and the SAS is composed entirely of Scots and Londoners, but the way in which you interact with it has changed. Any chance of finding an immersive experience is ruined by far too frequent in-game cut scenes in which you, the player, are denied any control over your character. Activision don't even deem you worthy of being able to look around as the wafer thin story unfolds. We had these cut scenes in previous iterations of COD, but it has gone too far this time. One point in the game has your character duck under a low pipe, or rather it would were you allowed any control; instead, we are treated to yet another mini cut scene as the character's hand grasps the pipe and you swing ever so daintily beneath it. Ludicrous, and in a SP campaign that lasts a scant 5 hours you need all the trigger time you can get. No doubt MW4 will be a 4 hour CGI movie which doesn't require the player to bother himself the tedious task of actually doing anything.

Later in the game, the cutscenes introduce reveals that tie in to MW2's back story in an attempt to up the wow factor, but frankly they do little more than elicit a roll of the eyes. We're also treated to another slaughter of the innocents section, but unlike the "No Russian" in MW2, this one is entirely superfluous to the game and seems to exist only to generate free publicity on the back of a tabloid controversy. It's a cynical and pointless move that serves only to rob you of another few minutes of gameplay.

The game's final boss fight (yes, it's sunk to those depths), which is reached via a twist that a two year old could have seen coming, is marred on PC by repeatedly having instructions to use certain keypress combinations flashing up on screen. If the control system is so poor and counter-intuitive that Activision need to do that, then this game isn't ready for prime time.

Overall, a mildly diverting if woefully short single player experience that fails to flow freely. I have to admit to not having played MP yet, and in my eyes this is the only possible route this game has for salvation. The worst COD instalment by a mile.
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    I've played the 360 and pc version of the game. Its nearly the same, with the difference that you have different controls and better graphics. But the rest is the same:
    It has a short, boring campaign, with some scripted scenes which we already know from the previous games. There is nothing new in this game. No vehicles, no interesting new weapons, no innovative features, it has nearly the same graphic as the previous games. For such a high price you guess that you are making a good deal. Instead its a update of modern warfare 3 which includes a different title, a new menu and some changes like 2 or 3 new perks, thats all. Most of the maps are recycled from the previous games. It could have been a nice update for 10 bucks but instead it became an overpriced "game". When i played i felt no difference to modern warfare 2 which i played one week ago.
  43. Nov 12, 2011
    Ah my used to be favorite series returns. MW2 was the first sign that things are going the wrong way, black ops gave a little hope to us pc players (dedi etc) , but MW3 takes it way way back as it wont even work with my connection(student housing connection through university). All the other games work just fine I would not recommend anyone to buy this game as you may not get a working product !
  44. Nov 12, 2011
    They should fire the team who decided it was a good idea to have every second mission in MW3 be a f***ing turret mission. The campaign was storytelling at its worse. It was just as bad if not worse than BF3's campaign, which was put in to show off the Frostbite 2 engine. Even Duke Nukem: Forever had a better story.

The Multiplayer definitely has the worst maps out of all the Call of

The Multiplayer definitely has the worst maps out of all the Call of Duties. They are merely the same map but all set in different weather/time zones. The guns are also just as bad. they are all a re-skin of the same gun. All the Assault Rifles have the same fire rate, damage, recoil, etc. Half of them even have the same iron sights for f***s sake, and all of them have the exact sound file for firing. There is no point in unlocking guns, because the first gun is exactly the same as the last unlockable gun. Oh, and what the f*** did they do the ACR. Holy f***.

Survival mode is fun and a lot better than BO's zombie mode. This is the only redeeming factor for MW3.

This game looks and sounds like it should've been released in 2007. Or as a DLC. I'm not even comparing it to BF3, because BF3 outshines everything by far, but you need the newest rig to run it. Every single game that's been released in the past 2 years looks and sounds better than this crap.

If you still plan on buying this game, don't. Either steal it or pirate it, this game is not worth your money.

0/10. I want my 2 hours of playing this game back.
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    I cannot believe this game, I knew in my deepest of hearts not to buy it, but I said "Screw it, lemme jump on the bandwagon and see if they actually didn't screw it up like BO"

How wrong I was. For a start this game feels like MW 2.5, nigh on everything is recycled from MW2, from the sounds, textures, and just about anything else they could pick out from the previous title. The SP was

How wrong I was.

For a start this game feels like MW 2.5, nigh on everything is recycled from MW2, from the sounds, textures, and just about anything else they could pick out from the previous title. The SP was so forced and ugly that I couldn't stand to play it for more than 30 minuets. I'd rather go play BF3's singleplayer and we all know how bad that is.

Multiplayer is the same crap as always, nothing much as changed except some killstreaks (not many new ones, a fair number of them are recycled) and a few crappy guns thrown in. I will admit the weapons feel more balanced and the map design is better over BO but it still doesn't justify charging £40 for a game that is basically a DLC pack.

Many games are pushed back or delayed by a great deal because of this downhill failing cashcow, it is totally unfair and getting annoying. Hopefully they'll realise that they've dished out this franchise so much it resembles a spent whore. And hopefully people will noticed and give another franchises a chance of actually releasing Christmas season games without posting a loss. I can't believe how much CoD has fallen since 4, 1, 2 and 4 were fantastic pieces of FPS awesomeness. Now it's bland rubbish.
  46. Nov 12, 2011
    The game deserves its low rating on the pc at least. Campain: meh at the most, its short, linear, no improvements in graphical/audio fidelity, and to top it off the story isnt even good. so id give it a 3/10 for that

Graphics: there is free to play indie games out there that look better. And compared to other games in the same market its poor. 5/10 Functionality: Again nothing new.

Functionality: Again nothing new. MW had more options and that came out in 2007. Very very poor 2/10

Multiplayer: The most annoying aspect of this game. could have been good. IW were making all the right noises on this one. Then at the last minute ruined all their hard work ten fold. How can you tell your community that you listened to all the feedback from mw2, and then completely disreguard all of what was said. 0/10 as in its current state it might as well not exist. Life span: as there is no multiplayer worth playing and the campain is 4 hours long max. 3/10 Value for money: as i have it on the pc 0/10 as it has no trade in value... This is why the game doesnt deserve to have a good review score
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    So disappointed in the game. Infinity ward screwed up bad. Black ops was a great game so i had hopes that Infinity ward would have learned a thing from treyarch but they didnt. I want my money back.
  48. Nov 12, 2011
    Why waste $60 on a game, that is nearly identical multiplayer-wise to its past title mw2?

Same GUI, some guns have the same recycled animations.

The only difference, i see, is some better looking water.
  49. Nov 12, 2011
    If you like Call Of Duty, You will like Modern Warfare 3. If you don't like Call Of Duty, You will HATE Modern Warfare 3. I don't like Call Of Duty.
  50. Nov 12, 2011
    The game is as ugly as Robert Koticks soul. It's actually insulting, what little effort was put in. I say to Robert, stop abusing the stupidity of the public and let this cash cow die.
  51. Nov 12, 2011
    I can smell developer's attitude from this, horrible FOV, lots of old assets, sounds etc. and the same old stupid P2P-style ranked games. I mean Black Ops wasn't bad, this really feels like a downgrade from it.
  52. Nov 12, 2011
    activision has no respect for the pc gaming community so I will not respect them with a good score.
    Game itself is just mw2.5 full of hackers day one they are not stopping them they don't care about us they just want money so once you buy it.. well... GG
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt forDisappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt for MW1/BO instead. Expand
  54. Nov 12, 2011
    This is literal garbage for the amount of money they're charging. The SP is good but not $60 worth good. MP nothing new, sure its fun but I feel like its MW2.5 and not actually 3
  55. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as MW2, a good copy/paste work made by Activision to milk the game. I bet they will release a few DLC for 20bux too.

This is a braindead game with nothing new. A lot of stupid kids will play it.
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a game is DCL.

JUST A GOOD single player campaign, and a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys,

$60 for this DCL? Crazy... only copy/paste game!
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    muy simple...me siento estafado por lo que pague. un juego reciclado, y ya explotado hasta la muerte. Lo que mas me molesta es el audio el sonido de las armas, parecen airsoft que armas,realmente lamentable todo esto. Espero que para el proximo call reapunten. si si tengo el bf3 pero no entra a competir con el call, le doy esta nota por que sinceramente se las merecen infinite awards ymuy simple...me siento estafado por lo que pague. un juego reciclado, y ya explotado hasta la muerte. Lo que mas me molesta es el audio el sonido de las armas, parecen airsoft que armas,realmente lamentable todo esto. Espero que para el proximo call reapunten. si si tengo el bf3 pero no entra a competir con el call, le doy esta nota por que sinceramente se las merecen infinite awards y activion basta de burlarse de los gamers. prefiero mi MW1 que esta basura que compre Expand
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    This game has disappointed me in everything: the best single player delusional from all that I did see, the atmosphere in the game, well conceived weapons balance in multiplayer - all terrible. Developers do not care about the players, they would only pull money from people. The standard time for me was the Cull of-Duty 4, then went just up the game: one part to another, with little innovation
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as mw2, copy and paste of the game, i feel this game is a scam. I paid the price of a full featured game to get this recycled mw2 with a few things renamed and new weapons. The campaign is cheap and feels very put together. I was expecting so much from this game and it's much worse than i hoped for. The very limited dedicated server support feels like they just put it in to shut theSame as mw2, copy and paste of the game, i feel this game is a scam. I paid the price of a full featured game to get this recycled mw2 with a few things renamed and new weapons. The campaign is cheap and feels very put together. I was expecting so much from this game and it's much worse than i hoped for. The very limited dedicated server support feels like they just put it in to shut the pc gamers up.

The multiplayer is pretty much the same as mw2(still many little annoyances) but the hit detection is much worse now. When i shoot next to a guy i usually end up hitting him, most likely they did this to make up for the lagg that happens because they didn't put in proper dedicated server support. The maps are also very bad and most are just reskins of previous maps with a few little changes but major paths are still the same
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    I finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take anI finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take an "innovative realistic approach to COD" your not going to have it; and to top it off it's meant to be taken lightly, as a run-around shooter just for the hell of it. This is a game to enjoy with friends, not to be competitive over. If you take the time to realize that, your experience changes. I've been playing BF3 for the extremely intense, action filled technical innovated, shooting powerhouse that is the game. But I then see that I have MW3, a fun, kick back, shoot em up with no real flair, but the game sells, why? Because people enjoy to have fun! There's something about Call of Duty's multiplayer over the past several that get's you to say "one more game, one more game, one more game" and something get's you hooked. I think that also reflects on another game that you can kind of relate. Minecraft, the "one more block" mentality and next thing you know you have a mineshaft. MW3 gives the hook on to it experience, it's flashy, it's killstreaks, it's extremely fast paced, and you feel as though you fly through games. Don't rate this game on it's innovation or it's graphics or whatever you think it needs. For what it provides to the mass community it's perfect for being a fun fast paced shooter. And although it's not some brand new game that expands completely from MW2, it still has it's fresh feeling. This game does truly deserve more, i've been on both sides of the spectrum, believe me, and what i've come to realize is, this game is there for the enjoyment of classic style shooters, take it that way. Expand
  61. Nov 14, 2011
    I case of issuing an expansion pack as a new game. Out dated graphics and very poor multi-player. This game a a complete joke. Horrible leveling, lack of choices for game play and hard-core modes. I will never per order a game again after this turd has graced my computer. Better to wait and see the player reviews. Activision and Infinty Ward pulled a fast one on us. I was expecting andI case of issuing an expansion pack as a new game. Out dated graphics and very poor multi-player. This game a a complete joke. Horrible leveling, lack of choices for game play and hard-core modes. I will never per order a game again after this turd has graced my computer. Better to wait and see the player reviews. Activision and Infinty Ward pulled a fast one on us. I was expecting and hoping for so much more, only to be disappointed. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! Expand
  62. Nov 14, 2011
    Well, after playing the game, I am deeply disappointed. While the game does have dedicated servers, they are hard to set up and the maximum slot count is only 18. I like to play large scale games with 32+ slot sizes. If you want a good selling game, then you should learn what you did for Call of Duty 4 and use that strategy instead. Call of Duty 4 was very well thought out game. It usedWell, after playing the game, I am deeply disappointed. While the game does have dedicated servers, they are hard to set up and the maximum slot count is only 18. I like to play large scale games with 32+ slot sizes. If you want a good selling game, then you should learn what you did for Call of Duty 4 and use that strategy instead. Call of Duty 4 was very well thought out game. It used local stats, public dedicated servers that allowed up to 64 slots, it has mod tools, used Punkbuster anti-cheat. This new game has none of that. That is where IW/Sledgehammer games failed.

I like Battlefield 3 a lot more because of the large scale game play and Punkbuster anti-cheat. I don't know whose idea it was to keep peer-2-peer, but, they messed up by doing that. Go back to Call of Duty 4 and do it exactly that way and then you will have a great game again.

Cheating in Modern Warfare 3 is ridiculous. Every single peer-2-peer game I went into already has some type of cheating going in. Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) does not do anything to catch them. With Punkbuster, server admins or other players can record demos of cheaters in first person mode and submit them to 3rd party anti-cheat sites like PBBans.com and get those players banned from streaming servers. In my honest opinion, this game is way off from the tradition of Call of Duty 4 and needs to be fixed immediately. Get rid of peer-to-peer and go with full dedicated servers for everything.

With that said, I hereby give Modern Warfare 3 a rating of a 3.
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    Before you read this, I'm not a troll, BF3 fanboy, whatever you want to call it. While this game delivers the action packed singleplayer, and the nice survival mode, it lacks innovation. Spec Ops is the same, multiplayer is the same. Before we talk about the PC version, first lets talk about the game on all platforms. The maps are all very similar and are pretty obvious they are based offBefore you read this, I'm not a troll, BF3 fanboy, whatever you want to call it. While this game delivers the action packed singleplayer, and the nice survival mode, it lacks innovation. Spec Ops is the same, multiplayer is the same. Before we talk about the PC version, first lets talk about the game on all platforms. The maps are all very similar and are pretty obvious they are based off of old maps. The guns all feel like guns we've used before, recycled sounds, etc. The only new thing to multiplayer really is the strike packages, which is just honestly a gimmick. This game has nothing new to offer, it is not worth your $60 when you can go play MW2 or Call of Duty 4. Now as for the PC version, it lacks many things that console get. We don't get doubleXP from Mountain Dew, we don't get Call of Duty Elite, and once again are we stuck to rank up with console peer-to-peer, as dedicated servers is unranked only. This shows that Activison does not care for the PC Community. Expand
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    Great continuation of the fun and competitiveness that was Modern Warfare 2. Great selection of guns and interesting killstreaks for all types of players. It's made for diehard COD gamers in all seriousness, whether you're awesome or just OK. No more camping for that uber killstreak because support killstreaks keeps it fair.

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did terrible every game until I switched to my smaller screen to compact game space and minimize the crazy turn lag I had. I'm back to my pistol owning self so if you're using a big flatscreen, try a much smaller tv!
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is exactly as I expected. More of the same. Call of Duty has officially become the Madden of first person shooters. At least there was a visual upgrade with MW1 to MW2, but the visuals are actually lower quality in this title. The only reason I bought this was to finish the story, and because the multiplayer has always been entertaining. However, the multiplayer isn't even thatMW3 is exactly as I expected. More of the same. Call of Duty has officially become the Madden of first person shooters. At least there was a visual upgrade with MW1 to MW2, but the visuals are actually lower quality in this title. The only reason I bought this was to finish the story, and because the multiplayer has always been entertaining. However, the multiplayer isn't even that enjoyable. Thank you Activision for turning this series into garbage and thank you to the remnants of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven, and the other company that helped make this game whose name I can't think of. You all couldn't make a decent game even with your combined efforts. Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel so cheated out of my money promised a game and all i feel is i just got ripped off not able to claim my money back and now searching for a new game on my pc as everything i seem to buy is a waste of money and no fun at all.

MW3. wow whats to say about this game that has probably not been said already i find P2P a waste of time and effort no matter what happens on my screen kill cam tells a its own story just nothing like what happend on my screen.

Dedicated servers take away the strange roll backs but still feels laggy and strange its the Game Engine and not the servers clearly i have games over 10 years old that feel less laggy and better alround game style and more responsive than this.

Leveling up in an FPS feels like a waste of time you can level up and up but still have the same issues as above and not have a very good or on the other hand a really good kill to death ratio but its not really showing the true picture all it shows is how good/bad connection you have how boring and sad you are to sit playing 12 hours a day sitting in a corner or if your just running around like a headless chicken its really easy to be unskilled and a really bad player but still do well.

Maps are poor small to many places to camp people spawn behind you constantly no reason for that its just frustrating.

I am done with FPS game now no more waiting for Diablo 3 to pass the time on till i go guild wars 2 anything else i have seen is just not worth my money.
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    I remember storming the beaches of Normandy five years ago in one of CoD 2â
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    When it comes to graphics MW3 actually took a step back from MW2. It look like MW1.5 graphics. The fluidity of the game is great just like it was in MW2. I am happy that they reduced the damage on grenade launchers and other explosives. I really wish they would have taken out Akimbo machine pistols all together. Akimbos in this game are way too over powered. So far the maps are all smallWhen it comes to graphics MW3 actually took a step back from MW2. It look like MW1.5 graphics. The fluidity of the game is great just like it was in MW2. I am happy that they reduced the damage on grenade launchers and other explosives. I really wish they would have taken out Akimbo machine pistols all together. Akimbos in this game are way too over powered. So far the maps are all small and close quartered, there are no open maps. Other than that I think the MP gameplay is pretty balanced. The Single player campaign was too short and really didn't have that AWE factor to it. I like the co-op Spec ops though! This game was initially a PC game then later became part of the console. Now they make the game for console and port it to PC. I just don't feel the love or support for the PC community anymore. They didn't give us ranked dedicated servers like RBowling stated "it will be the same as CoD4" but that was a tale. Alot of people purchased Mountain Dew so they could get XP, but that wont work for the PC version. I had Cod4, MW2 and Black Ops and prestige in all of them, but I dont get the prestige tokens like the console players get (why not just give the PC player a couple of tokens for free? It's not that hard to give us some gratitude for contributing to your cash cow. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3's release was one I was both hoping and dreading. Having played every game in the series, I've been an unwilling witness to IW's slow decline. Every new release I've played since CoD:MW has been progressively worse. Not terrible, but slowly degrading, like an emphysema patient in ICU.

And that last sentence gets to the crux of my review; the first Modern Warfare was the best. I believe there are 3 reasons for this:

1. GAMEPLAY. MW's gameplay was superior because it had PACING. Many game developers seem to forget what this is in favour of flashy graphics and stupid awards. In MW you could set up a sniping position, pick off a few targets and then probably get taken down by a savvy player who had spotted your position and used the appropriate cover to get there. CoD:BO, MW2 and MW3 killed this concept by creating confined levels with dedicated fire lanes, meaning that snipers are regularly killed before they even get off the first shot. Combine this with sniper rifles and the gameplay abomination that is "quickscoping", and all you see is players RUNNING around with sniper rifles. Hell, once they learn the Assault Rifles are more accurate, you don't even SEE sniper rifles in use. Running with a sniper rifle doesn't seem realistic or even fun to me.

2. SPAWNING. The spawning in CoD:BO multiplayer was bad, but the spawning in MW3 is execrable. Two steps forward and the player that's spawned behind you shoots you in the back. And that's if only one enemy player spawned near you. The original MW OCCASIONALLY had a similar issue when battle lines were fluid, but generally it cunningly used a combination of well designed maps and spawning areas to create battle lines. Yes, BATTLE LINES. Not running like a loon from one end of the map to the other, simply because you knew someone would be spawning on your head in the next 5 seconds. I have fond memories of dodging between heaps of trash in "Bog" as I tried to flank enemy snipers and MG's, and similar happy moments while running or sniping in "Bloc" and "Vacant".

In a nutshell; it may be fun for 30 seconds to run headlong around a map shooting at everything because you have to. There are whole worlds of enjoyment to be had in defending positions, flanking snipers, setting up battle lines, creating enfilades, etc. Run and gun is only enjoyable for a short period of time, and isn't how EVERYONE wants to play.

Also, women are correct: when it comes to multiplayer maps, size really DOES matter.
    3. You've all heard it at some point - DEDICATED SERVERS. I applaud IWnet for trying something new, but until the world standardizes everyone's internet connection and CPU speed, you're flogging a dead horse...

Now I have mostly negative comments for the multiplayer, but I have to say that I quite liked the Single-Player experience. IW haven't lost their edge there, and it's fun, fast and engages the audience. It could have been a bit longer, but I can see why IW kept the story to the length they did. I thought I'd at least end on a positive... :)

Colo
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    MW2.5 v.HorribleMaps.exe

Seriously, the game would have been great if the maps weren't so terrible. Maybe people suggested to IW and Sledgehammer that they wanted constant guns blaring, continuous sprinting and non stop shot-in-the-back action but it all jumbles into a terrible experience.
  71. Nov 15, 2011
    I feel burned buying this game for PC..

It feels like Infinity Ward did their very best to jusssst make slightly enough changes and sprinkle enough new content here and there to call it #3. In reality it feels like a giant number..well you can guess. All the things you hated about the PC version in MW2 before are back. Player hosting. The idea of player hosting on PC is just the
    I feel burned buying this game for PC..

All the things you hated about the PC version in MW2 before are back.

Player hosting.

The idea of player hosting on PC is just the stupidest thing ever. It's nearly insulting. I won't even get started about the COD modding community that the devs have turned their back on. Why and when was it ever a good idea of having cell phone bars in place of such intelligent things referred to as 'ping' or 'latency'? If I can't understand a numerical value then maybe I should have bought the version which gives me simpler input through a controller.

Apparently the PC masses aren't smart enough to pick servers to play on either, so your going to be staring at those little spinning stars from MW2 again. (Silver instead of gold now!) NO LEAN?

Also to just put the feather in the hat on this giant turd is the fact that lean is still not in the PC game again. It is a game changer to not have it and one of the sole reasons I was so hooked originally on MW. Obviously, corners were cut which is sad for a game boasting about how its sold so many units. I can say Infinity Ward games just won't be on my 'buy list' anymore. A half-hearted attempt at a NEW title that is barely different enough to call it so for $60. The cold reality is this could and should have been a DLC around half the cost.

Congrats on the money grab. It'll be the last one from me.
  72. Nov 15, 2011
    Maybe a good DLC, but certainly a poor game. Poor graphic, NO RANKED DEDICATED SERVER, no evolution for the gameplay, short solo, corridors maps only. Upscaling in video settings (shame)
    I precommanded a game for the first time and that's the last for sure.
  73. Nov 15, 2011
    Continuación de MW2, mucha acción y momentos épicos como en toda la franquicia CoD MW, eso si los gráficos se ven ya muy antiguos comparados con BTF3, la campaña un poco corta pero que parece que se han puesto de acuerdo con EA para que durara alrededor de 7ho cada uno.
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    Este MW3, esta a la altura y supera al resto de MW de la saga. Si, es mas de lo mismo, pero es lo que nos gusta. Lo único que me quejo es porque no han tocado nada o casi nada gráficamente. Hubiera sido de agradecer. Espectacular juego.
  75. uah
    Nov 15, 2011
    Nothing more than a map pack for multiplayer with the same graphics than its predecessors. The campaign is playable but still nothing new in this saga. Lack of work by the developers plus the cost of the game I think it is an insult, still the hardcore gamers are the ones who want the game stay like it is now.
  76. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm very disappointed. This is the same game, again. No better graphics, no better gameplay, no better multiplayer from MW2. No multiplayer across multiplatforms.
  77. Nov 15, 2011
    Outdated graphics, latency issues, performance issues, lack of pc support, anticheat is lacking. weapon unbalance issues. too many small maps and lack of creativity.
  78. Nov 16, 2011
    The game feels exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and that I spent $60 for a DLC that contained 16 new maps and a few extra perks. The only reason why I gave it a one is because they did not ruin the game, but how could they; itâ
  79. Nov 17, 2011
    Multiplayer feels very arcade like. Strategy takes a back seat to being twitch based. Too often are groups shot in the back because someone spawned an an area cleared 10 seconds before. If you like to test your twitch and always be surrounded than it would be excellent for you. If you have played COD4 Modern Warefare, Black Ops, or Modern Warefare 2 then MP will feel much like a closeMultiplayer feels very arcade like. Strategy takes a back seat to being twitch based. Too often are groups shot in the back because someone spawned an an area cleared 10 seconds before. If you like to test your twitch and always be surrounded than it would be excellent for you. If you have played COD4 Modern Warefare, Black Ops, or Modern Warefare 2 then MP will feel much like a close quarters map pack.

The single player campaign plays like a movie with the novelty of interaction. You do play it but it's predictable, infinitely spawning enemies, and set triggers.
  80. Nov 18, 2011
    Owning all of the CoD series and the Battlefield 2 / 3 games, I was very eager to play this latest rendition of the Modern Warfare game.

I love the game, more so than BF2. And more then Black Ops and MW2. Here is a summary of the Pros / Cons of the game: PROS: - Movement is smooth and works well on my existing NVidia 450GTS hardware on MAX graphics. - The additional Game Modes and

I love the game, more so than BF2. And more then Black Ops and MW2.

Here is a summary of the Pros / Cons of the game:

PROS: - Movement is smooth and works well on my existing NVidia 450GTS hardware on MAX graphics. - The additional Game Modes and UI Improvements were sorely needed, and these improvements address many of the issues I had with the older series. - Being able to vote on the next map is nice, although I wish it were among 3 or 4 map choices. - The addition of info on the Lobby screen showing you your challenges at a glance is sweet. - I like the large number of maps included, and most of them play really well. - Dedicated Servers are great, but they need to be ranked. In late 2011, I expect not to have to restart or quit a game because one of the players happens to be the host and is causing the whole game to Lag.

CONS: - Dedicated Servers are un ranked, so no leveling up on a stable server. - When setting up a Private Match, it appears as though there is no way to disable the respawn delay. - The graphics should have been better. - You should be able to join a Party, even after the Party Leader is in a Lobby. - Parties should allow the leader to decide if Party Members are on the same team or not, on the fly. That way you can switch off between matches to kill your friends or not.

Overall the game is great, and plays much smoother than BF3. Although to be fare, I like the faster pace of MW3 over the BF3 experience, always have.
  81. Nov 19, 2011
    Ok, I was fine leaving this game alone for a while, but they pushed it too far now. Is it a horrible pc port with non-adjustable FOV? Yes. Does it have worse graphics that MW1? Yes. Does it have ranked dedicated servers? No. Is it MW1 with a little MW2 and Black Ops mixed ( mainly the bad parts ) in with worse pc support? Yes. If you got your hopes up that they learned that people like toOk, I was fine leaving this game alone for a while, but they pushed it too far now. Is it a horrible pc port with non-adjustable FOV? Yes. Does it have worse graphics that MW1? Yes. Does it have ranked dedicated servers? No. Is it MW1 with a little MW2 and Black Ops mixed ( mainly the bad parts ) in with worse pc support? Yes. If you got your hopes up that they learned that people like to be able to go outside the invisible walls and actually explore don't think they learned that. and to make everything worse which took away the 1,2, or 3 I was going to give it if I had a really good day and was feeling generous was that Sledgehammer Gamesâ Expand
  82. Nov 19, 2011
    Looked at alot of the reviews and that had a 0 and makes me wonder if they really played. Looks HINKY. The only 2 games alot of them reviewed were MW3 and BF3. They gave a 0 to MW3 and a 10 to BF3. And they typed the same review abd score on the first day for not only PC game, but also PS3 and XBOX. Makes you go hmmm, doesn't it??

Anyways, the Sp portion of the game is in no way, shape

Anyways, the Sp portion of the game is in no way, shape or form boring. It is as exciting as ever and thety did alot of very cool things, like the under water part of getting on the sub and the level with the sand storm coming in. Took me a little longer to beat this one than the last one. Loved it. Graphically, very good as always. Not stellar but very good. You also have Special OPS which gives you many more hours of intense action and fun. As for the MP, they made some nice changes which I really liked and some things I don't like which is why it doesn't get a 10 or even a 9 from me. I have had no lag problems, but on PC, we only get to play 12 guys per map. That is just stupid. And the maps are so small that when you drop in a pkg, 1/3 of the time its is stolen. Also, every time the host leaves, you have to wait till they find another one. And deaths count against you if you get tk'd. Thought the MP was gonna improve after the improvents on Black-OPS, but guess not. Overall, a good game, but not perfect.
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm really enjoying this game, it's so much fun if you have friends to play with, the MP works really well on my PC and I do not have a very good PC for gaming so, hands down, it's great. The Spec Ops is awesome in two players, you can have soo much fun in Survival. What more can I say? Don't fall for what others are saying about the game, cause for some it works!
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    Singleplayer was nowhere near the standards of Black Ops, I'll give Treyarch that. However, the survival mode is a completely new experience, bar the copy and pasted textures from mw2 and cod4. Undoubtedly, everyone gets this game for the multiplayer, and to me they didn't do as great a job on the level design, but the balance has actually been better. Sometimes, you get the occasionalSingleplayer was nowhere near the standards of Black Ops, I'll give Treyarch that. However, the survival mode is a completely new experience, bar the copy and pasted textures from mw2 and cod4. Undoubtedly, everyone gets this game for the multiplayer, and to me they didn't do as great a job on the level design, but the balance has actually been better. Sometimes, you get the occasional cheap weapon that sprays you down and makes you rage for a good 5 minutes but that's not to say that the fun you get out of the game actually overpowers the anger. Who cares if the graphics are the same though, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Although many of you would like to see an improvement, I actually do not mind. In my personal opinion not having dedicated servers doesn't matter. The matchmaking system allows you to play with your friends in a party and find other players within your area providing you with usually consistent ping. I'm pretty sure alot of these reviews are coming from BF3 fanboys, so I wouldn't personally trust them... Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    Nothing new but still fun, same game as MW1-2 so single player is fun but not going to change the world of gaming. Graphics looks slightly better than MW1-2 but is quite dated now (especially compared to BF3). Multiplayer is still as fun as ever - only real complaint (other than lack of ranked dedicated servers) is all maps have been shrunk so no need to use anything other than an smg.Nothing new but still fun, same game as MW1-2 so single player is fun but not going to change the world of gaming. Graphics looks slightly better than MW1-2 but is quite dated now (especially compared to BF3). Multiplayer is still as fun as ever - only real complaint (other than lack of ranked dedicated servers) is all maps have been shrunk so no need to use anything other than an smg. MW1-2 had a few more open maps which where annoying with snipers but did mix the gameplay up. So perfect if u like to run and gun/spray and pray all other game play is pretty useless now. Fun game but nothing new (which isn't bad, just means I'm less likely to come back to the series next time). Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    I have no idea why i decided to buy CoD MW3, i never really liked any of their other games besides CoD4 and CoD2, but i thought i would give it a try as it looked like it could be fun in the trailers and what not. It wasn't. This game was a waste of 30 quid it's so boring the graphics are quite bad though i don't care too much about that but the audio is just horrible, the guns sound likeI have no idea why i decided to buy CoD MW3, i never really liked any of their other games besides CoD4 and CoD2, but i thought i would give it a try as it looked like it could be fun in the trailers and what not. It wasn't. This game was a waste of 30 quid it's so boring the graphics are quite bad though i don't care too much about that but the audio is just horrible, the guns sound like paintball guns. I would advise anyone not to buy this game as the developers don't deserve your money they've mad no innovation at all from previous games from what i can see, i don't get why this game is so popular there are way better and more deserving games out there. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    The campaign is great if a little short and the multiplayer is just as good as always. Yes it plays almost identical to the last few games but this doesn't make it bad. There are lots of weapons, customizations, and killstreak options in multiplayer to suit your specific style of play. You'll either love or hate the maps but they all seem to follow the same "square arena" format, if theThe campaign is great if a little short and the multiplayer is just as good as always. Yes it plays almost identical to the last few games but this doesn't make it bad. There are lots of weapons, customizations, and killstreak options in multiplayer to suit your specific style of play. You'll either love or hate the maps but they all seem to follow the same "square arena" format, if the makes sense. They're good if you like to run and gun but bad if you like to take high ground and get the drop on enemies or take the hidden path around the map and pop up behind enemy lines. BF3's sound puts this game's sound to absolute shame, but unlike BF3 MW3 has more interesting cooperative game modes in case you get bored of straight up competitive multiplayer. Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2011
    This is Modern Warfare 1 & 2 repackaged and copyrighted for 2011. For veterans of the previous games, you're not missing much if you skip this one. For new players, this is still a great game. A disappointment as a sequel considering it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Rehashed AC-130 Mission, same breach and clear events in slow motion, and a contrived plot attemptingThis is Modern Warfare 1 & 2 repackaged and copyrighted for 2011. For veterans of the previous games, you're not missing much if you skip this one. For new players, this is still a great game. A disappointment as a sequel considering it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Rehashed AC-130 Mission, same breach and clear events in slow motion, and a contrived plot attempting to tie the plot together with the previous iterations. Still great multiplayer, though it was best exemplified in MW2. The extra tweaks make it worth a look, but won't make you stay for long.

I had fun playing it for about 10 hours, but I've moved on to greener pastures. I won't be expecting much in the next sequel.
  89. Nov 23, 2011
    It is quite clear that Infinity Ward has lost its magical touch. MW3 is a huge dissapointment; this was the perfect chance to innovate and truly bring us something fresh, but it appears as though this game simply seeks to ride on the success of its predecessor, MW2. Having said that, it really isn't MW3; a more suitable name for the game would be MW2.5 i.e. what MW2 SHOULD have been. ThisIt is quite clear that Infinity Ward has lost its magical touch. MW3 is a huge dissapointment; this was the perfect chance to innovate and truly bring us something fresh, but it appears as though this game simply seeks to ride on the success of its predecessor, MW2. Having said that, it really isn't MW3; a more suitable name for the game would be MW2.5 i.e. what MW2 SHOULD have been. This isn't completely true though, as MW3 still suffers from a wide array of problems, the most prominent of which is the unadjustable Field of View (a common NECESSITY in FPS games). I find it almost impossible to play this game on PC without it giving me a head ache. I don't want to spend any more time explaining how bad this game is (although I feel obligated to point out the netcode is TERRIBLE and the multiplayer suffers massively as a result), but one thing IS clear: the game is a cash grab. Expand
  90. Dec 15, 2011
    I admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn'tI admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn't have super graphics made it available to many many players who can't even afford heavy systems. Expand
  91. Dec 20, 2011
    I do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> DropI do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> Drop Zone). I think that really made me finally write this review, because I was a bit bored of MW3 (it just didn't feel right), but I think I have to change my opinion on that. I do really like it, and for those who like to fast-paced FPS-games should really buy this.

I know the graphics are not the best, but I don't think the graphics are everything. Fun is the number 1 factor, and I DO have fun with this game, and that's why I give it a 8. (I didn't really play co-op yet, so I can't really write anything about that).
  92. Mar 31, 2012
    The online is where your supposed to get most of your gaming dollars worth but it's almost unplayable because of hackers, and there is no way to kick or catch them so.........If you like lots of **** HACKERS and a COMPANY that doesn't give a **** about YOU then this is your game. The single player is ok
  93. Dec 25, 2011
    If you like the of Duty sega where is no doubt you'll love this game. However if you never thing call of duty as a great game than skip it and buy BF3.

This game was made for mone.... I mean for the fans so for that I'll give it three different scores Fans score - 9 Less fans- 7.5