2.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Blackops disappointed me, with a lot off problems the first 3 months. But MW3 is a complete joke, I want my money back. It is the worst game I've bought since BO. What are you doing Activision? You laugh at PC gamers when you bring a game like this to the market!
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible, horrible, horrible game. This game is simply the same exact game as any other Activision FPS in the past 4 years, with a different (albeit pathetically predictable) story and the same wretched engine. Multiplayer has not changed significantly enough for me to care, and I highly recommend you save your money and wait until this ends up in the bargain bin. Oh wait... it's a gameHorrible, horrible, horrible game. This game is simply the same exact game as any other Activision FPS in the past 4 years, with a different (albeit pathetically predictable) story and the same wretched engine. Multiplayer has not changed significantly enough for me to care, and I highly recommend you save your money and wait until this ends up in the bargain bin. Oh wait... it's a game sold by Acitivision... its outrageous price will remain $59.99 for the next eight years. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing meaningful has been changed from the last version. No innovation is present. Why should I spend $60 on the same game I played two years ago? Why should I reward a developer lacking meaningful skills beyond copying and pasting?
  4. Nov 10, 2011

I think should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect with Modern Warfare 3 on PC. Shockingly bad animation, textures that belong in games made in 2000 (the engine was never good apart from running smoothly, which is understandable to how badly it looks). Hackers plagueing it to death with no support from THREE of the developers that made it (seriously? three to make a mappack?) and no admins to remove the hackers. Enjoy your 40quid mappack.

CoD died with CoD4.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    The OPPOSITE of innovative gaming.

The single player campaign is extremely linear and in spite of all the drama going on, feels completely unimportant and not interesting. If you've played games like Batman or Deus Ex this year, there is NO WAY that MW3 will sastisfy you here. Multiplayer is the same game we've been getting since MW2. Read if well: ZERO INNOVATION. Oh yeah, more custom
    The OPPOSITE of innovative gaming.

Multiplayer is the same game we've been getting since MW2. Read if well: ZERO INNOVATION. Oh yeah, more custom colors for your gun... That's it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Instead, just play Black Ops or MW2 again.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    this is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the worldthis is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world

Do you get it now?
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    just another broken game that no PC GAMER want!
    Thanks Activision for NOT listening to the PC Community We should never support Activision again really!
    No More COD Series! Go make your games only for XBOX / PS3 Really sad getting and MW2 DLC that is once again worse for PC Gamer... Activision you best was ONLY CALL OF DUTY 1 ... Times PC Gamers were Happy and Now we are getting "f*ked
    just another broken game that no PC GAMER want!
    No More COD Series! Go make your games only for XBOX / PS3
    Really sad getting and MW2 DLC that is once again worse for PC Gamer...
    Activision you best was ONLY CALL OF DUTY 1 ... Times PC Gamers were Happy
    and Now we are getting "f*ked up"....
    NO Competive game at all!
    **** Maps , Shiity Laggs , Everything is BAD like MW2
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Where to begin...

Single Player This games campaign was as linear and scripted as it could get like any other CoD game. Every 5 minutes something would blow up like a building would go down or a helicopter would crash and it really gets old fast. The story has been presented terribly as everyone you meet dies like every other CoD game with no development of the characters at all unlike
    Where to begin...

Single Player

This games campaign was as linear and scripted as it could get like any other CoD game. Every 5 minutes something would blow up like a building would go down or a helicopter would crash and it really gets old fast. The story has been presented terribly as everyone you meet dies like every other CoD game with no development of the characters at all unlike the first MW game where they had an excellent background on Captain Price. But in this disaster there are no character development at all, its just one big roller coaster which is miserable to ride, shoot and run.

Multiplayer

This has to be the most pathetic multiplexer I have ever played. IW/Sledgehammer had so much they could of learned from Black Ops but they failed to do so. Like many said its a copy paste from MW2 and I agree you could say MW3 is just a $60 map pack with awful maps designs as they are TOO SMALL. Gun balance is as terrible as ever nothing new there, its a shame that they award players doing bad with death streaks the goal is to get better not worse. Call of Duty Elite

Wow the service was down day one and what do they do? Give you 30 days for free for a program you spend $50 and they don't attempt to fix it till their greedy asses are done counting the money. Verdict

0 games trash, it is basicly a handicap version of MW2 since they didn't add anything new to the series just the same old and removal of things. Unless you are hard core CoD fan consider this a $60 map pack with the worst maps ever made.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    I have liked both CoD and BF games. Ive had all the CoD games since MW. Black Ops was bad.... This is better technically speaking than black ops, but still same rehash crap. Sure it doesnt stutter (in SP)....but no dedicated servers? Cereals? Ouch.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign was short. Its story was so generic that even a retarded child can make it. The graphics is worse than CoD4. The sounds are just recycled junk from old CoD all guns sounds like a toy gun. Its streak system become from worst to worstser(i know there's no such word). To make it simple. This game is a joke. Its a CoD4 DLC.. And Cod4 is much better. Save your money and buy other games.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is basically MW2 with new maps. If you were tell me this was a DLC for $10 I would not know the difference. But, instead it is billed as a new game for $60 which is way overpriced. I do like the series and would have given it higher score except for the never ending supply of hackers/aimboters that have already pooped up in game. Unfortunately Infinity Ward has never beenThis game is basically MW2 with new maps. If you were tell me this was a DLC for $10 I would not know the difference. But, instead it is billed as a new game for $60 which is way overpriced. I do like the series and would have given it higher score except for the never ending supply of hackers/aimboters that have already pooped up in game. Unfortunately Infinity Ward has never been willing to address the hacker situation, and I doubt they ever will, so if you intend to play this multi-player on PC rethink the decision to purchase it. Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is for me total fail absolutly fail.... Black ops is much better lol... MP maps = **** Graphic= same mw 2, IWnet or lobby or what is this= ultra fail, FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    I liked Modern Warfare a lot, the whole Setting was New, the Campaign was really epic and the whole Game was really Fun, but after the bad 2. Part now comes Part 3 and what can i say about it?

Well in my kind its probably the worst Copy & Paste Game in Video game History. I don't know why most of the Magazines giving it such a High Score, maybe they had fear not to give it a high Score or maybe they're bought because the Game really sucks and it seems to be that you already saw 90% of the game already in MW 1 & 2.

Its not even some effects cause its still the same Crappy Engine, its the whole Game, Buildings, Cars even Crashing Information are the same as in MW 1 & 2. Its really a shame because the Action is really Good, like some kind of a Michael Bay Movie but the rest is really only a Big Piece of Crap.

Well next time i wont pay for this **** again 50 Bucks because its just big F****** rip-off.

Or well more like a Huge 50 Bucks Map-pack

Next time, better Engine, better Setting and stop recycling every ****
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    After getting the game for free, I was very eager to try out this new MW COD. After BF3's surprise showdown, I thought MW3 will rock this one aswell, infact I knew that MW3 will definitely lose to BF3 but i never expected that it would be this bad.

Remember counter strike, the FPS game we used to play before was better than this trash. I feel sad for those who bought it for 60 dollars. Maybe they enjoyed it, maybe it was worth for them but as a gamer - Modern Warfare 3 is the worst of them all. I score this 0 because they're abusing the trust that their fans give to them. I hope the CoD fans will learn from this. I will keep playing Black Ops and Battlefield 3 for my FPS, and better yet play Counter Strike.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    This has to be the biggest joke since ever. MW3 is exactly a map pack for MW2. Same graphics, same controls, very few interesting additions. And to top that, the price is huge (50euros, seriously?). A fair price for this would've been 15euros if not less. It isn't even a DLC or an expansion for MW2. At least BF3 came out with a new graphics engine, new maps and a lot of improvements. IThis has to be the biggest joke since ever. MW3 is exactly a map pack for MW2. Same graphics, same controls, very few interesting additions. And to top that, the price is huge (50euros, seriously?). A fair price for this would've been 15euros if not less. It isn't even a DLC or an expansion for MW2. At least BF3 came out with a new graphics engine, new maps and a lot of improvements. I like how they ask users for high ratings on Metacritic, it's just wrong. Expand
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    I thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the theI thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the the mission zone - shooting bad guys - 30 seconds of adrenaline scene - mission over. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    not a good game horrible do not buy just get a different game instead seriously not worth your money if i was you stick with cod 4 or mw2 not a positive start for activisions
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    It doesn't take the most powerful game producer in the world to repackage the same old game, all it takes is the will of blind console gamers. It is a marvel that this game generated 1.1 billion, or rather is expected to. The very same lines remain in objective based game modes, those from Black ops, however now a new voice is pronouncing them. It is a disgrace to modern day gaming. WhatIt doesn't take the most powerful game producer in the world to repackage the same old game, all it takes is the will of blind console gamers. It is a marvel that this game generated 1.1 billion, or rather is expected to. The very same lines remain in objective based game modes, those from Black ops, however now a new voice is pronouncing them. It is a disgrace to modern day gaming. What was once a great COD game, has tnow turned to a cow being milked by the greed of Activison, but helped in their cause by idiots who buy repackaged games. I felt like it was MW2 again, which in itself was overshadowed by MW. PLEASE di not feed greed. Managers and directors are laughing at how easy it is to sell old games to consumers. Do not become part of the laughing stock. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    How much did Infinty Ward and Sledgehammer pay these review sites to get such high ratings, if ANY other game released a SHORTER carbon copy of the original 2 years later they would get SLATED???
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    What is this big **** MW3? Copy / paste the Mw2 and after Glen Schofiled dares ask the community to be honest? Shut up and takes the crap you made â
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is Black OIps all over again. Campaign on rails, enemies that cannot hit you, and a map design that seems to favor people being shot in the back.

MW3 is basically a 60$ map pack for BLOPS - only with really garbage killstreaks like the armor. BUYER BEWARE
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Very, very disappointing. Barely any work put into this game at all. Spawn next to an enemy happens far too frequently and I seem to lose connection a whole lot. The game engine has barely improved since CoD4. They seem to sit back, do as little work possible and just rake in the money because it carries the Call of Duty name. That won't last much longer. PC gamers get rubbish once again.
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    No one can truly deny that Activision and it's tirade of developers need to learn something from the competitors who have pushed the envelope and strived for innovation. As long as the Call of Duty franchise is under Activision control, it will be run into the ground. Track record: Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, now Call of Duty. Understand the trend.

In comparison, if you like mindless "fast

In comparison, if you like mindless "fast food" type entertainment, this game is for you. If you want quality "fine dining" experience seek elsewhere, this is not the place.

Enjoy a regurgitation of the previous single player experience, but don't expect much else...

Just a side note: It's not suspiciously low, Glen. Truth is, you need to develop a better product. (please)
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic. "I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    Just the same like Modern Warfare 2, the same engine from 2006, the same kind of story, same weapons but only re skinned, to small maps for multiplayer, spawnkills, DLC's for 15 bucks each, same Iwnet problems, System port problems, just a console port, they exclude some features because they think the pc is insecure (True but lame to notice 1 day before launch), same exploits as in mw2,Just the same like Modern Warfare 2, the same engine from 2006, the same kind of story, same weapons but only re skinned, to small maps for multiplayer, spawnkills, DLC's for 15 bucks each, same Iwnet problems, System port problems, just a console port, they exclude some features because they think the pc is insecure (True but lame to notice 1 day before launch), same exploits as in mw2, xp exploits as in mw2, same bugs.

I can do this all day long , but i think i my point.

Conclusion: MW3, another pit for people to trough money in..
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    This is basically MW2 with new maps and a new singleplayer, the singleplayer isnÃ
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    Was really expecting a bit more than just a patch of CoD4... which this was. Disappointing. Seems like just a cash cow for the devs, trying to earn money by spending the least amount of money and time developing it.
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    I used to play MW2 and BO, but they went MW2 all over again with MW3.
    Same lousy graphics.
    I simply don't understand how they can get away with such minor changes and a map pack.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is a letdown, its basically MW2.1!!!!!!!!!! game has new maps/sounds and a few new weapons, That's all!!!

IS it really that hard to UPDATE THE GAME ENGINE, ITS YEARS OLD!!!!!
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Why you should buy a game that does exactly the same as the previous ones? DUH! u will buy it because it's NEW! go buy it and if u don't find it exactly the same as the previous ones then don't believe the other 2000 people not recommending the game. Activision is trying to rip your money, not only with CoD but also with other (Blizzard) games.
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    The Campain looks cool. The online is horrendous. Its the same story. No matter where you spawn , someone is behind you waiting. You shoot someone 5 times at point blank, the hits don't register. They kill you with one shot. The kill cam is joke. I was playing onine PC version and someone calling theirself Suited Penguin would litterally dissappear and then reappear between buildings.The Campain looks cool. The online is horrendous. Its the same story. No matter where you spawn , someone is behind you waiting. You shoot someone 5 times at point blank, the hits don't register. They kill you with one shot. The kill cam is joke. I was playing onine PC version and someone calling theirself Suited Penguin would litterally dissappear and then reappear between buildings. People are already lag switching and boosting each other. It kills the experience for honest players. I feel like I got ripped off for my 60 dollars and I cant return the game.

There are no ranked servers. A level one player will be tossed into match with people who are level 68.
    The latency is bad as well. Battlefield 3 PC version I often find games with less than 30 ms latency. Modern warfare 3 lowest settings usually start off at 50 ms and just go up from there.

I visit the game's website. they state to report cheaters, yet leave no clear instructions on how to do so.
    With all these things wrong. I feel as though they should offer people option to buy just the campaign mode (the working part of the game) at a reduced price, or offer a money back guarantee for incomplete game.

For now I will stick to "the Battlefield".
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    Really, really.
    I this costed 9 bucks I would probably regret buying. Its exactly like mw2 with (in PC) weird graphics (sounds like up-scalling), all mechanics old the sound is terrible. Seriously THE SOUND IS A JOKE, looks like my nintendo 64. The weapons have almost the same sound as the other games, scenarios doesnt change the sound alllll repetition.
    Plant c4 -> slowmotion seconds to
    Really, really.

Plant c4 -> slowmotion seconds to shoot > save the president > save the world.

This game is SOOOOO OUTDATED, looks exatly like mw1 with new maps. If it crashes in the computer, it says "Modern Warfare 2 crashed", they used the WHOLE SAME THING WITH NO CHANGE AT ALLLL.

59 bucks SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY DUDES?
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    There's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That's generally good advice, but it doesn't mean you get to call something "new" when it's obviously quite old and showing. In an industry as competitive as entertainment software, it's hard to imagine that the people at Activision and Infinity Ward could feel proud of a product that (by their own admission) recycles the veryThere's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That's generally good advice, but it doesn't mean you get to call something "new" when it's obviously quite old and showing. In an industry as competitive as entertainment software, it's hard to imagine that the people at Activision and Infinity Ward could feel proud of a product that (by their own admission) recycles the very same technology from the last game in the series.

It goes without saying that Activision has surrendered any notion of "value" and "quality" to Electronic Arts and the "Battlefield" series!
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    Have both battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3. Compare to battlefield 3 I can not find any reason to buy modern warfare 3 now therefore I really want to trade it in but as you know it is linked to your account. The feel of this game is that it is totally a map pack for modern warfare series, nothing new at all. My PC is I5 760+GTX460 1GB and I knew they did not change the graphic engine butHave both battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3. Compare to battlefield 3 I can not find any reason to buy modern warfare 3 now therefore I really want to trade it in but as you know it is linked to your account. The feel of this game is that it is totally a map pack for modern warfare series, nothing new at all. My PC is I5 760+GTX460 1GB and I knew they did not change the graphic engine but the graphic is even worst than the modern warfare 1! Both single and multi player are boring.
    So, AVOID this game! Battlefield 3 is a much better choice if you want a FPS game.
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    I wish I could release the same game three times and make millions off it! It seems as though Activision has become lazy and considers all people who play their games as mindless drones who will fork out money every year to play the same game. Congrats, Activision. Enjoy the horrible user reviews, you deserve every bit of it. Oh also, stop ASKING for positive user reviews..
  35. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgradeMW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgrade of the previous games.

- No ranked dedicated servers.
    - No working Elite service.
    - No FOV adjustment.
    - No new graphics.
    - No new game changing features. (Yes I know about the new modes, but most servers just run the old ones)

Overall, the game has stagnated and had no innovation since the original MW, and they are happily taking everyone's $60 (which btw, they were the first company to increase the cost of PC games from $50 to $60 and since then everyone followed suit, so thanks for that too). They are taking $60 for MW2, BO, and MW3, and all they are doing is reskining MW1.

I was a huge fan of MW1, and even bought BO hoping for something new. Very disappointed in this and am refunding this game and playing BF3 exclusively. Fortunately for IW and Activision, sheep will still buy and play this game in droves, just like Apple fanatics buy the iPhone repeatedly.
  36. Nov 11, 2011
    Crap crap crap is all i can say. They still dont care about us pc gamers. We dont have elite and i doubt we will get it anytime soon. The maps are **** the game lags all the time and the dedicated servers are unranked. All Activision cares about is the console gamers. We get left in the back with nothing.
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    I am a true cod fan, that said I have bought everyone including mw3. I was absolutely aghast at what I experienced in mw3's multi player. The screen @ HD 1080p resolution was horrific, the graphics was standard mw2 fare however over all the experience was frustrating. here are my top 5 thoughts:

1) Servers, although the recent patch made servers more stable they are still horrible. There is no way to describe them otherwise. The most important aspect of any good fps is decent and stable servers, even non dedicated they should be easy to use and overall not hinder the player. 2) reused textures, not that I mind low res textures these are just obviously ripped off from mw1. They are out of place and outdated even by the 2 year old mw2's standards.

3) Hype and lies, bait and switch. Dev's saying there was dedi's and then after pre-orders went out they changed that dedi's were not part of the main online experience. 4) Hackers/cheaters- On day one there were in seven hours of play a confirmed 23 hackers. Some with aimbots but most were just prestige 10 level 80. Sure maybe they will get banned, but only after 5 months of us having to put up with them.

5) Maps- They range from bad to pathetic, they feel rushed and ugly. I don't mind the camping spot because i know to check my corners but in some parts it is impossible to spot campers and the fact that some bushes are wall like and even bullet proof shows that the maps were made not being concerned about the players experience.

My conclusion is to not buy it, if you did to return it. This game is not worth the asking price. The only way they will ever turn this game around is to: 1) provide dedicated servers to rank up on and 2) revamp all the maps and textures completely.
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    Rehash, rehash, rehash. Same game, slightly different name. If you want to blow your money on something you've already played before be my guest, if not, look elsewhere for a better game.
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    IWnet matchmaking sucks, ping is not stable from game to game it s hard to adjust..... black ops had dedicated servers and it worked very well compared to this crap matchmaking which cannot even get 4 ppl party into same game come on!!!

map design is bad also
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    Where should I start? There are a lot of things that went wrong with this franchise or the games in general. First, original developer is no longer develop the game that they created, the old IW. With these recently release of CoD, the new team of IW and Sledgehammer, let's not for get about Treyarch ( at least they actually listen to the community about certain things), they don't seem toWhere should I start? There are a lot of things that went wrong with this franchise or the games in general. First, original developer is no longer develop the game that they created, the old IW. With these recently release of CoD, the new team of IW and Sledgehammer, let's not for get about Treyarch ( at least they actually listen to the community about certain things), they don't seem to get the ideal or concept of Call of Duty. They are so blinded how the game generate so much capital. Developing game should be balance on all platform, no bias just because they generate more cash. For MW3, there are, I want to say, **** load of crap that should NEVER EVER be in there. First of all is the dedicated servers, I mean seriously now, Ranked P2P and Un-ranked Dedicated servers? Do you even know that dedicated servers are PC BACKBONE? second, there aren't enough innovation in this game that feeding the PC communities. Kill-streaks sure are great but it reached lifespan. The old formula isn't working anymore. In conclusion, This game suck in this features and developments. Expand
  41. Nov 12, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a great game...if you have never played Modern Warfare 1 or 2. To be plain, MW3 is a simple regurgitation of the CODness we have all seen before. I was hoping for something shiny and new, but I admit that I got exactly what I expected. To be honest, we as a gaming community deserve this. If we keep paying for low quality repeats, the publishers and game developers willModern Warfare 3 is a great game...if you have never played Modern Warfare 1 or 2. To be plain, MW3 is a simple regurgitation of the CODness we have all seen before. I was hoping for something shiny and new, but I admit that I got exactly what I expected. To be honest, we as a gaming community deserve this. If we keep paying for low quality repeats, the publishers and game developers will continue to be lazy and reap the rewards. Expand
  42. Dec 8, 2011
    Another time: Call of Duty made a game that is for 90% the same as it's previous ones. If you really want a good first person shooter. Then this won't be what you were searching for. The co-op gets boring after 5-10 matches.
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    Reheated soupe. meah . Realy tired of the same crap , not bad for an expansion but not worth the money, definetly. Just for the nobrainer fanboys .
  44. Nov 14, 2011
    Just finished the game and it is a complete disappointment. All i got is basically first modern warfare with dumb storyline and very old styled multiplayer for 12 players. If they would ask 6$ for this i would be glad but 60$ price makes this game garbage.
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    what a joke. and here I was expecting it would be better because of battlefield 2. WOW it looked worse than a game they released years ago. they keep giving us the same **** and we are stupid enough to buy it. this will probably be the last modern warfare game I buy unless they give us something new. BF3 is a lot better than this trash
  46. Nov 14, 2011
    audiovisually the game is exactly the same as mw2, bad maps, the said they were gonna work on security to make it harder to hack the game, but there's aimbots and wallhacks out day 1. can't change the field of view up from 60 or whatever it is (same as on consoles), which is ridiculous low for a pc game. they are trying to turn the pc version into the exact same as the console version,audiovisually the game is exactly the same as mw2, bad maps, the said they were gonna work on security to make it harder to hack the game, but there's aimbots and wallhacks out day 1. can't change the field of view up from 60 or whatever it is (same as on consoles), which is ridiculous low for a pc game. they are trying to turn the pc version into the exact same as the console version, while forgetting 2 things: pc gamers don't want a console experience, which is why we play pc, and 2. a pc isn't a console.

tl;dr **** sucks
  47. Dec 7, 2011
    We are a group of 22 players who together have put this text together.
    This Review is only about the multiplayer part
    I myself have spent near 1800 hours playing mw2 online and it ofcourse has its ups and downs , and mw2 is the only game one really should compare mw3 to. Comparing it to BF3 is just silly , it is not in the same genre, it is not the same kind of battle, it is not the same
    We are a group of 22 players who together have put this text together.
    This Review is only about the multiplayer part

Comparing it to BF3 is just silly , it is not in the same genre, it is not the same kind of battle, it is not the same gameplay.

Some players say that MW3 is just a mw2 with another map-pack.
    We agree to a point.
    But if this was true that this game would actually be better.

From an expectation point of view we had really big hopes for mw3, specially since there were promises of dedicated servers and online statistics services.
    Those 2 were really the most attractive features.
    Dedicated servers would rid the problem of cheaters, or atleast help with anti-cheating.

The dissapointment was huge when the reality proved that the statistics service is not available for PC and that dedicated servers removes the XP-gains.

In our opinion that were 2 promises not kept.
    In a normal market this would be a simple "product returned for false advertisement, full refund" situation.

But lets talk about the game-play.
    At first glance we noticed that you are not able to play hardcore out of the box, you first need to play and get ranked up to even have this option.

This is of course easily dodged by partying up with someone who already has this rank.
    This feature is more of an obstacle than a feature.

The first experience when actually starting a round was that the graphics looks like something that was developed 10 years ago.
    Perhaps the developers never heard of the expression "Less is more" when putting way too many ugly looking effects in this game.
    In MW2 the graphics actually look better.

The sounds has a very plastic feeling to it through everything.
    Guns , bombs, voices all lack that genuine feeling that you get with good sound effects.
    The voices sometimes make you laugh while wondering if the producers were serious at all when making this game.

One thing that was very good in MW2 was that most maps offered variation and good cover.
    This is something that does not exist in MW3.
    Almost every single map (we have 2 exceptions) feels like one room and its just a "first, shoot first kill"-scenario over and over.

We were promised Prestige Tokens from earlier cod games.
    We have all prestiged in mw2 and yet did not get any tokens in mw3.

Cheaters............
    We will let you know what the most annoying problem with so many cheaters is.
    Good players get accused of using cheats.
    A good player can have is game totally ruined by someone who (from the vast ammount of existing cheaters) totally cannot believe that the good player acually plays fair.
    This happens almost every time we play.
    This needs to be F.I.X.E.D.

I will say this straight out.
    We feel robbed and lied to.
    To make this game better you should 1. Fix dedicated servers, 2. look over the graphics, 3. update the sounds, 4. take away the obstacle that makes hardcore unavailable from the start 5. and if not let us into the universial statistics service then atleast give is some way of getting this data from our games so that we can do fun internal statistics within our societies.
  48. Dec 13, 2011
    Simply put, one of the most expensive expansion packs I've ever purchased. Could have been a $20 DLC for all it's worth. You can literally see the franchise calling it in knowing full well their fanbase (myself included) would shell out whatever the price they slapped on this with the expectation they were getting a true sequel. Maybe when the "Game of the Year" version comes out (sinceSimply put, one of the most expensive expansion packs I've ever purchased. Could have been a $20 DLC for all it's worth. You can literally see the franchise calling it in knowing full well their fanbase (myself included) would shell out whatever the price they slapped on this with the expectation they were getting a true sequel. Maybe when the "Game of the Year" version comes out (since every game is the game of the year these days) it'll have some DLC included that makes the price worthwhile and has Elite working by then.

Until then, you're just sending money to Activision as a homage, nothing more.
  49. Dec 7, 2011
    I never played MW 2 for the reasons that were exhaustively complained about back in 2009. I played COD 2 and the multiplayer was.. adequate. Black Ops seemed like a complete package, with my only complaint being the resetting of skills with prestige. This game, MW3 is nonsense. no server admins OR a vote system to boot apparent hackers. just looking on youtube shows how aimbot is rampant.I never played MW 2 for the reasons that were exhaustively complained about back in 2009. I played COD 2 and the multiplayer was.. adequate. Black Ops seemed like a complete package, with my only complaint being the resetting of skills with prestige. This game, MW3 is nonsense. no server admins OR a vote system to boot apparent hackers. just looking on youtube shows how aimbot is rampant. No player score cards to check records and report abusers. I thought this game was going to take the advances that activision had made in Black Ops and increase the replayability. Why would anyone want to purchase DLC for this garbage. I think that it's pretty apparent... the dev's set out to get a 95 or higher score on meta critic, and instead they have to date, 719 positive reviews from users, and 3356 negative ones. I want my money back. Expand
  50. Dec 8, 2011
    They should just sold the game as an optional map pack for mw2 that comes with new weapons and kill streaks rather than paying upfront for 60 bucks. Same engine, lame maps, unbalanced multiplayer, lag compensation, hackers roaming around like there on a picnic. There is so much negativity in this game that it outweigh the game's positive experience(if you can find any). The developers justThey should just sold the game as an optional map pack for mw2 that comes with new weapons and kill streaks rather than paying upfront for 60 bucks. Same engine, lame maps, unbalanced multiplayer, lag compensation, hackers roaming around like there on a picnic. There is so much negativity in this game that it outweigh the game's positive experience(if you can find any). The developers just copy pasted m2 put a single player campaign, tweaked the mechanics of the game and added some stupid maps= 60usd profit. It is like a straight up daylight robbery. Expand
  51. Dec 8, 2011
    this multiplayer is A SHAME:!! Cheaters everyware are king !, no place for skill or great action ( ask shootcasters).. i loved the solo but it not worth 50$. my last cod game
  52. Dec 19, 2011
    After 10hrs of playing MP in this game i came to the conclusion that this game is a complete waste of money to be honest. Locked fov, locked fps and no improvements graphics wise since mw1.
    Map design feels cramped and horrible. A complete cluster ****
    Next game in the series will be downloaded and tried before any purchase is done.
    MW3 was a waste of my money.
  53. Dec 11, 2011
    I wouldn't even pirate this piece of garbage. It's infuriating and insulting to charge full-price for a game with little or nothing to differentiate it from it's predecessors aside from a "3" in the title. There are plenty more games that deserve your time and attention than this.
  54. Dec 16, 2011
    Tired game , Tired engine, Same crap gets put out every single year for four years and people flock to toss their cash away, sad really sad. I have played it it IS THE SAME AS MW2. why would you buy it again ?? Activision is laughing all the way to the bank! This is pathetic and should have been released as an expansion pack nothing more!
  55. Dec 15, 2011
    First off this is a Review for the Single player only, I will not play a Multiplayer game without DEDICATED SERVERS (its basically an Even More consoled down MW2) K, so this is the first Call of duty game that i have not purchased besides World at war. but I did play the entire single player (I "found" my own demo since game developers don't see the point in making demo's anymore)First off this is a Review for the Single player only, I will not play a Multiplayer game without DEDICATED SERVERS (its basically an Even More consoled down MW2) K, so this is the first Call of duty game that i have not purchased besides World at war. but I did play the entire single player (I "found" my own demo since game developers don't see the point in making demo's anymore) You can just assume I played it at a friends house. So about the game. The graphics were basically the same as mw2 (slightly updated cod4 engine), every gun in the game felt like a weak bb gun, every level was the exact same thing, start on one end and fight endless waves of bots that cant aim to the other end, while a huge building or some other catastrophic event happens then you go into countless quick-time events, constantly being yelled at to "HURRY" "MOVE MOVE". Whoever is writing these game scripts for the last few games needs to realize that making every level a huge "rush" mission with all sorts of buildings collapsing or things blowing up doesn't make an epic story, you need the slower "calming down back under control" points to make the "epic everything is blowing up" missions more memorable (emotional roller coaster / Calm before the storm) And besides the whole mess with the story, the entire game is filled with these stupid quick-time events, you know, press X to save the world, it seems like to many modern shooter games have been made for people that like to play "Whack A Mole" on there desk, just get 3 large buttons and a mallot and wait for one of those quick-time events and you should finish the game in about 4 hours, (Yes, that's it, 4 hours...)

I Personally can't wait to see what Jason West and Vince Zampella (the original creators of infinity ward (call of duty), both fired during mw2's creation) are up to over at Respawn Entertainment (Google it) Because I cant see Call of Duty returning to its glory days anymore, another AMAZING franchise consumed by console'tards (PLEASE GET US OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT!!! make up some fake post WW2 game, and keep it PC FTW)
  56. Dec 15, 2011
    This game isn't worth buying, it's an overrated expansion pack of MW2. Just look at the User Score and not the critic score. My clan has all but boycotted this game, because of it's hit registration issues and field of view issue. It's like looking through a set of binoculars while you run. If you're into spraying bullets at people you might actually hit something because the gameThis game isn't worth buying, it's an overrated expansion pack of MW2. Just look at the User Score and not the critic score. My clan has all but boycotted this game, because of it's hit registration issues and field of view issue. It's like looking through a set of binoculars while you run. If you're into spraying bullets at people you might actually hit something because the game randomly generates a random miss value. Rifle to face shouldn't equal a body shot,. This was bad management with previous hits doing nothing creative in the market and now they will have a huge shortfall in market value. I have competed in all previous versions of COD and this game is a joke. Expand
  57. Dec 15, 2011
    I bought this game only for good cooperating and multyplayer game. It is pretty good, but really generic, there more options than previous call of duty titles, but generally all the same. Singleplayer is not even worth mentioning. Strangely some advanced multyplayer features of black ops were rejected - for example dive-jump move and dedicated servers under the charts system, looks likeI bought this game only for good cooperating and multyplayer game. It is pretty good, but really generic, there more options than previous call of duty titles, but generally all the same. Singleplayer is not even worth mentioning. Strangely some advanced multyplayer features of black ops were rejected - for example dive-jump move and dedicated servers under the charts system, looks like developers of such expensive series have real issues with copyrights. Multyplayer of call of duty modern warfare 3 is copy-paste of modern warfare 2. Expand
  58. Dec 16, 2011
    Like a lot of people I was blown away by the original modern warfare, but it seems every year they bring out a new title and every year it gets just a little bit more disappointing. This is by far the most disappointing game yet. At least when they made MW2 they added heaps of new things to improve from the original MW, but IMO they also took a lot away from it. Things like lobbys, hostLike a lot of people I was blown away by the original modern warfare, but it seems every year they bring out a new title and every year it gets just a little bit more disappointing. This is by far the most disappointing game yet. At least when they made MW2 they added heaps of new things to improve from the original MW, but IMO they also took a lot away from it. Things like lobbys, host changes and the lack of dedicated servers really put me of MW2 'cause I'd find myself spending more time waiting to play then I would actually playing. So when they announced before the release of MW3 that they were bringing back dedicated servers I thought, "Cool this might be alright". I was wrong.
    MW3 is exactly the same as MW2, I don't mean it's similar, IT'S THE EXACT SAME GAME! I mean c'mon they've had two years between titles and yet there's nothing innovative at all.
    I used to spend hours each day playing the original MW online, then I played MW2 casually for a few months but with MW3 I was over it in about 2 hours.
    I then thought ok, I'll play the single player campaign, that'll be entertaining for a few hours or so. Wrong again, although I don't have a problem with the single player mode, I mean COD is COD. I got a few missions into it and then recieved an error which 'caused the game to crash each time I reached a certain point. I couldn't find any way around it so after a couple of weeks I had no need for this game at all and traded it in.

So I would have to say for a game that's gloating about how many copies they have sold, I would have thought they would have released a game that was A) not a copy and paste of the previous title and B) at least have the game ready to play.
    Every title released since COD4 would be better of as a DLC package I can't see how any of them can warrant a full title release.
    I hate COD I will never buy it again and wished I'd never spent money on this piece of crap. I realise that giving it a 0 might seem a bit harsh but so is asking for $89 for a game I already brought 2 years ago.
  59. Dec 19, 2011
    In my opinion this game's multiplayer has a huge potential. However, it seems they wasted all their time polishing the console version while the PC version has been totally forgotten. The game is full of game-change problems like the lag issues (things like people seeing you 1-2 seconds before they even show up on your screen). I had to tweak the config file in order to get a playableIn my opinion this game's multiplayer has a huge potential. However, it seems they wasted all their time polishing the console version while the PC version has been totally forgotten. The game is full of game-change problems like the lag issues (things like people seeing you 1-2 seconds before they even show up on your screen). I had to tweak the config file in order to get a playable experience, which is pathetic considering all the money they made with a recycled game, I mean, this game should've been PERFECT(no lag issues, no tweaking needed, no bugs, no glitches, no nothing) so that I could just play it and even be happy after paying $60 for a recycled game, but actually works flawlessly. Expand
  60. Dec 19, 2011
    Year after year they are selling the exact same game. This game does not look like a game in 2011, this game is 2009-2010. In comparison to the battlefield 3 is a very bad game.
  61. Dec 22, 2011
    In short-disappointing. I am not really sure what they were thinking about releasing this. Look at the Elder Scrolls series. The games get progressively better. CoD takes a few steps back with this game. My opinion is to save your money and skip this title.
  62. Jan 9, 2012
    The campaign was definitely not very lasting at all; it had only taken about 4 hours to beat and only left me wishing that I hadn't rushed through it in the first few hours I had gotten it. Many things in the game were the same and didn't show any kind of dynamic change at all; making it feel like a 60$ map pack for Modern Warfare 2. The online play also was not enjoyable due to it justThe campaign was definitely not very lasting at all; it had only taken about 4 hours to beat and only left me wishing that I hadn't rushed through it in the first few hours I had gotten it. Many things in the game were the same and didn't show any kind of dynamic change at all; making it feel like a 60$ map pack for Modern Warfare 2. The online play also was not enjoyable due to it just being everyone running around in random directions, with no one point of attack, and being shot to death in a quarter of a second. Personally, the only reason why the game had so many purchases was because of media-hype and because of the popularity it's gained over the years. During the Game of the Year Awards, it was basically handed the award for best first-person shooter because again, all the popularity. If you're actually looking for a good first-person shooter, I would most likely go with Black Ops or Battlefield 3. Expand
  63. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is just crap. The PC version is the worst port I've ever seen. Even when you set it to 1080p it renders it in some crappy Sub-HD resolution. And the spawn system is just a piece of **** Half the time you spawn right in front of your enemy. Don't buy this piece of ****
  64. Jan 8, 2012
    Back in 2007 the world first time saw COD 4: Modern Warfare, which sold millions and received a critical acclaim for â
  65. Jan 9, 2012
    This game is by far the worst game that Call of Duty has created. Infinity Ward should be ashamed by how this game came out. Game play has not changed since CoD 4 and the campaign did not live up to expectations in the slightest. In my opinion Infinity Ward should take every copy of this game to a skeeter shooting range and take a few hours to put a shotgun shell into every copy.
  66. Jan 10, 2012
    Played Battlefield series for years but not really a fan boy of it,, just liked the game play and the size of the maps. Well I went and purchased COD MW3 thought it would be at least near the BF experience,, not even close,,,,spec-ops and campaign were OK,, but multi-player blows chunks,, to game console-ish for me,,way too small maps. Game play is set-up for kids,,every map is a meleePlayed Battlefield series for years but not really a fan boy of it,, just liked the game play and the size of the maps. Well I went and purchased COD MW3 thought it would be at least near the BF experience,, not even close,,,,spec-ops and campaign were OK,, but multi-player blows chunks,, to game console-ish for me,,way too small maps. Game play is set-up for kids,,every map is a melee free for all, no team work happens. Video is at the most 1024x768 screen size blown up for higher res. screens. Totally made for the BOXES and not the PC and it shows. It gets a 2 rating for spec-ops and campaign but just barely.....â Expand
  67. Jan 12, 2012
    I don't own the game. For a reason. When it first came out my friend asked me to come over and play it with him. Me being a nice guy said "yes I'll come over and play some COD." We played through the campaign and I was really bored by the end of it. We then decided lets play multiplayer. We had fun for the first 2hours of it. We got so bored at the difficulty level. Where is the skill?I don't own the game. For a reason. When it first came out my friend asked me to come over and play it with him. Me being a nice guy said "yes I'll come over and play some COD." We played through the campaign and I was really bored by the end of it. We then decided lets play multiplayer. We had fun for the first 2hours of it. We got so bored at the difficulty level. Where is the skill? Literally the whole thing was aim shoot double kill. We then decided to troll around with some shotguns. And guess what? ITS USELESS! Someone should not be able to outrange a shotgun with a knife. We got the spas thinking "We should be able to get a kill" cause you know spas owns in every game. Nope... Same 2foot range on this gun. Don't buy it. It should be 20$ at max. They are only alive because of the name of the game. Had 80times more fun playing golden eye for the N64. Expand
  68. Mar 14, 2012
    keep releasing 1 game per year for 60ââ
  69. Mar 15, 2012
    OK
    Call of duty its good game but.
    1) after COD 4 nothing has changed only put another maps and skins to guns and soliders. 2) ALL THE DLCS IS 5 SMALL (REALY SMALL ) MAPS! IN 15$ YEAH 15$!!!! -.- 3) only the campign is good. 4)multi with alot of cheaters and the molti start to boring after sometime (not alot of time) 5)no destrction! 6) CAMPERS EVERYWHERE U CANT PLAY ( im not mad) 7) THE
    OK
    Call of duty its good game but.
    2) ALL THE DLCS IS 5 SMALL (REALY SMALL ) MAPS! IN 15$ YEAH 15$!!!! -.-
    3) only the campign is good.
    5)no destrction!
    6) CAMPERS EVERYWHERE U CANT PLAY ( im not mad)
    7) THE GAME OUT LIKE THE SAME GAME EVERY YEAR! NOTING CHANGE ONLY THE SINGLE.!
    8) ACTIVITION = PIGS! THEY WANT ONLY MONEY MONEY MONEY!
    DLCS OF SMALL MAPS (5) WITHOUT WEAPONS OR NEW KILL STEAK = 15$!!!!
    COD ELITE =MORE MONEY.

I SAY ALL THIS BECUASE I KNOW I GOT COD. I BOUGHT ONLY BLACK OPS BUT EVERY COD IS THE SAME **** AFTER COD MW1.
  70. Mar 29, 2012
    The hype made me buy this game on release day and what a surprise it was - a really bad one. The singleplayer story is boring and uninspired, at least average gamers will be able to get through it in 4 - 5 hours (that's a good thing in this case). The multiplayer is why I bought this game and that's where MW3 just falls apart. The maps are small and literally cluttered with obstacles,The hype made me buy this game on release day and what a surprise it was - a really bad one. The singleplayer story is boring and uninspired, at least average gamers will be able to get through it in 4 - 5 hours (that's a good thing in this case). The multiplayer is why I bought this game and that's where MW3 just falls apart. The maps are small and literally cluttered with obstacles, turning every match into a huge hip fire fest. Some weapons are unbalanced, the SPAS12 is extremely weak compared to what it was in MW2, certain akimbo weapons are used exclusively like primary weapons although they're secondary...
    There's a lot of really negative things to say about this game, pretty much all of which have been mentioned in other reviews already. All I want to say about this is that I wasted 60$, I feel stupid for doing so and I will never buy a Call of Duty game ever again.
  71. Mar 31, 2012
    well for me the game is very enjoyable and gameplay is awsome ... BUT i am giving the game score of Z E R **** O because!!!!!! There are hackers everywhere. and when you go to forums to talk about it. Some of the idiots take thier side. i mean we know the difference between wallhack and aimbot !i dont understand why arnt they doing anything! im never buying this call of **** again!
  72. Apr 3, 2012
    I can't describe all my rage... Everyone of my friends agrees, that this game is awful. MW was great, MW2 was a nice game, even a little bit innovative. BUT MW3 IS THE SAME DAMN GAME! NOTHING NEW! This must be some mod for MW2, maybe developers decided to use it at a game? I'm not sure. The engine still reminds me MW. Okay, MW series was famous for graphics just in 2007, however it was notI can't describe all my rage... Everyone of my friends agrees, that this game is awful. MW was great, MW2 was a nice game, even a little bit innovative. BUT MW3 IS THE SAME DAMN GAME! NOTHING NEW! This must be some mod for MW2, maybe developers decided to use it at a game? I'm not sure. The engine still reminds me MW. Okay, MW series was famous for graphics just in 2007, however it was not the most important thing. The most awesome thing we received from Activision was a scenery, it was great. But it is so damn stupid in MW3. This game is just a 'full stop of MW series', nothing else! No more innovation in gameplay! MW3 multiplayer still remains as MW2 MP. New game modes are not interesting, definitely. This is not fair. Every CoD becomes worse and worse... I'm glad, soon CoD series will 'die'. Oh, I almost forgot one more thing. MW3 is definitely HACKED. There is no useful anti-cheat at all! It is hard to describe all this nerd rage.

This game is really Really REALLY interesting just for kids, who found out about the Internet and video gaming just yesterday.

I might rate this game better. But if only the developers have made a great work on MW3, at least now. Maybe, I'd even buy some DLC, which makes graphics better or something. But it doesn't exist! I know, that angry customers like ME3 gamers (and me as well) want a free DLC, because the game is not worth all those money we've spent. But MW3 is such an awful game, that I may be ready to buy something VERY IMPORTANT or UNBELIEVABLY COOL (not new weapons or maps or soundtracks or any other crap) to make this game better! I mean, multiplayer. Only. Almost nobody cares about singleplayers or co-ops.

Maybe, this is not my last rating for MW3, but for now... 0.4/10. For now.
  73. Apr 16, 2012
    There obviously don't give a **** about the fans... Lack of support and changing. Gay ass hackers on every corner (On the PC) and **** No lobby servers? **** THAT! That was the gayest ****ing **** i have ever seen.
  74. Apr 19, 2012
    I have been playing this game on PC for a while now and this game is only getting worse. Hackers are everywhere, at least one in every 5 games and this is literally an hour after the new patch came out. There is no Elite and virtually no support for the PC at all. When i say no support, I went go to the real time activison support thing and they just tell you anything. The guy asked me ifI have been playing this game on PC for a while now and this game is only getting worse. Hackers are everywhere, at least one in every 5 games and this is literally an hour after the new patch came out. There is no Elite and virtually no support for the PC at all. When i say no support, I went go to the real time activison support thing and they just tell you anything. The guy asked me if I played on decanted servers. I asked them what I should do about hackers when I have their steam ID and video proof, and they do nothing, say nothing besides "ill send this along" and "have a nice day". Never going to buy another infinity ward product again. This game has spoiled COD for me. Pity, this used to be a great series. Expand
  75. Apr 27, 2012
    More of the same, nothing but FPS garbage. This genre has single handedly destroyed gaming and turned the entire industry into one that favors "safe" shallow gameplay with good graphics instead of games that are actually enjoyable.
  76. Apr 26, 2012
    2.0 is too high a rating for this game. PC is supported horribly and the game itself is a mess. Completing the single player campaign takes about 4 hours, but the multi player part takes the cake - map design in MW3 is bad beyond words. Worse than Black Ops, much much worse than in MW2. Ground war lobbies are full of hackers, guns are too powerful (think stopping power pro x2 on every2.0 is too high a rating for this game. PC is supported horribly and the game itself is a mess. Completing the single player campaign takes about 4 hours, but the multi player part takes the cake - map design in MW3 is bad beyond words. Worse than Black Ops, much much worse than in MW2. Ground war lobbies are full of hackers, guns are too powerful (think stopping power pro x2 on every weapon by default), hip fire spraying and playing is the only way to get kills. There's no ranked dedicated servers, either. I wasted 60 Dollars on this game -fortunately, I didn't pre-order additional multiplayer maps. After all I've seen of this game, I wouldn't want them anymore. Expand
  77. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is just not finished.
    They copied so many things from previous Call of Duties.
    I am not a BF3 fanboy or something, i am a huge cod 4 and 5 fan.
    But the last 3 Cods just didn't feel right.
    Sorry but this score has to be low for me.
  78. May 11, 2012
    Well I did it. I finally caved in to see what the fuss is about. Thank god I didn't actually pay for this game or I'd be shooting myself. 1st off the extreme amount of negative user reviews to positive reviews should be a dead give away that the critics don't know squat about video games and do as they are paid. REALLY not a single negative critic review I find it hard to believe. GraphicsWell I did it. I finally caved in to see what the fuss is about. Thank god I didn't actually pay for this game or I'd be shooting myself. 1st off the extreme amount of negative user reviews to positive reviews should be a dead give away that the critics don't know squat about video games and do as they are paid. REALLY not a single negative critic review I find it hard to believe. Graphics are utter utter garbage Solitaire has better graphics. All the guns sound the same which sound like pop guns. The AI is utterly clueless in the campaign and multiplayer is just a bunch of 10 year olds screaming at you threw their head sets. 15$ for 2 new maps is really cool too never seen that done before in a game. I will never EVER pay for a COD Game it's a shame too because the only Modern Warfare I played before this was the very 1st Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 which used to actually be pretty good in my eyes but then Activision got greedy and started to release the same game over and over again every year. This game wasn't even worth the space it took up on my harddrive. Expand
  79. Jun 4, 2012
    I will not cover the single player since most ppl play COD for its multiplayer IMO anyway. I have played a few of COD games in the series and sunk a decent number of hours into them, including black ops and MW2, and I must say that MW3 is shockingly poor (and with no surprise this seems to be reflected by the majority). There are probably 2 main things that make this game terrible, andI will not cover the single player since most ppl play COD for its multiplayer IMO anyway. I have played a few of COD games in the series and sunk a decent number of hours into them, including black ops and MW2, and I must say that MW3 is shockingly poor (and with no surprise this seems to be reflected by the majority). There are probably 2 main things that make this game terrible, and that is, incredibly poor map design and broken game mechanics. The maps are all very small filled with cluttered terain and objects, and random spawns that the game has lost a sense of tactics, as action packed "running and gunning" no longer tends to work as well as it did in the past in previous games (which is what made the series fun and skill based IMO), since spawns are very close together and often enemies will respawn right near you, or even behind you without warning (and because of this they have the heads up of where you are and where you are going, killing the element of surprise). And in comparison with B:O and MW2, I would say that its significantly far worse, to the point that it becomes a serious drag. Many weapons are also made redundant or less effective due to map sizes. I myself have always particularly preferred med-range combat with ARs and occasional sniping, however, most battles you encounter will be in close quarter range, usually favouring SMGs or OP akimbos or other faster firing weapons, which sort of kills the diversity. As for the broken game mechanics, I will start with the Fov. Its been a while since i played MW3 online so im not sure if it is fixed, but last i played there was terrible FoV, which i believe was 60. It was disorientating at times and there were even reports of ppl suffering from headaches and nausea. It also constricted your peripheral view, which is vital in shooters (I used to rely on it a lot in MW2 and Black Ops). Fortunately there was a Fov-hack released that corrected this, but regardless, this shows that the game is just a console-port and the fact that it wasnt fixed in the time I was playing it shows the developers did not care about the community much. Which brings me to my next point. Lag and Hit Registration, possibly the biggest game breaking component of the game. I have a very fast connection and even though in black ops and MW2 there was occasional lag and hit registration problems,It was generally acceptable, but MW3 was something else, it was terrible, almost unplayable at times. Often i found myself shooting at enemies first but the hits would not register and then return fire from the enemy AFTER I had shot 5 or 10 rounds would kill me. It could be argued that perhaps I was just a poor shot, however in black Ops and MW2 I generally ranked in the highest end on score board and had a KDR of 2.00+ in both games (not trying to brag simply making a point with evidence), and I generally had no issue regging shots most of the time. If you looked also at times on the enemy kill cam, you would also see that things dnt match up.Bullets would be flying past the enemy FAR deviated from their screen even tho you may have been directly aiming at them, or shots the enemy fired that were just all over the place but somehow hit and killed you, or odd delays where your character appeared to be doing things much later than actually happened. I dnt believe I was the only one suffering from these problems. So this brings me finally to my summary, I can not possibly give this game more than a 0, it is appalling and possibly one of the worst games of many that I have ever played (and yes i have played a number of other shooters too). I think the intention of the developers was to solely sell this game on hype, without an ounce of care for customer satisfaction and support for the community. But it makes sense I suppose since what a lot of ppl dnt realise is that Infinity Ward is basically a shell now, since a large portion recently abandoned the company over law suits with Activision during the making of MW3. Avoid this game at all costs, it is a shell of what the COD series once was, just like its creators. Expand
  80. Sep 9, 2012
    Overview: This game is looking like an add-on to Modern Warfare 1. Five hour campaign, small changes in multiplayer, story full of cliches. And what is the price of this add-on? 60$! And when i realized this, i was like: "WHAT!? SIXTY BUCKS FOR THIS!?". Previously i bought MW2, and i had same feelings. Story: It's full of cliches, and hasn't any originality. Really, how many films aboutOverview: This game is looking like an add-on to Modern Warfare 1. Five hour campaign, small changes in multiplayer, story full of cliches. And what is the price of this add-on? 60$! And when i realized this, i was like: "WHAT!? SIXTY BUCKS FOR THIS!?". Previously i bought MW2, and i had same feelings. Story: It's full of cliches, and hasn't any originality. Really, how many films about bad Russians have you seen? Hundreds? Maybe more. And this game is about bad Russians too! This isn't even a game, it's an interactive film. Because in campaign you do only what you have to do. I mean, you can't choose, you're just walking through a corridor, and then watching a cut-scene.
    Gameplay: Pretty boring, but sometimes game gives you something unusual. Most of time you're just shooting stupid bots, that can't even kill you without hordes of them. But lots of weapons are making this game a bit better. Multiplayer: This is the best part of the game. Even if multiplayer looks like it's predecessor in MW2, it's still can bring a lots of fun. But it's nothing special at all, though. Zombie mode is pretty good too, it isn't so good as L4D2 is, but can be played for few hours.
  81. Jan 7, 2013
    First of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily beFirst of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily be a mw2 map pack.The only part of the game that i have fun with was survival which i had fun for some hours,the game clearly is overpriced for what it has to offer so i recommend you previous games of the franchise like MW,MW2 and BO.2/10 Expand
  82. BMW
    Nov 10, 2011
    well as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitorwell as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitor its a bit frustrating not seeing whats off to ur left or off to ur right as far as i see this game has been over hyped and the sires has fallen this game is just a cash cow for IW compared to the first modern warfare which i STILL play mw3 has no class the only thing that is consistent that i love about the sires it lone wolf arcade style of play THAT'S IT Expand
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    Damn this game sucks.. It's like you're playing cod4 lol!.. Every year a new COD but they are always 100% the same.. Same old engine.. What did they change? Add some perks? wow great.. It's like they released a big map pack.. They should go build a new engine, and make a NEW game..
  84. Dec 10, 2011
    I was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't evenI was a big fan of the COD series but this game is a joke. The restricted field of vision takes away any element of skill or competitiveness. This is essentially a re-release of MW2 with LESS features. I never thought I would consider moving franchises but this release just made it undeniably obvious that I was playing a game for kids. The campaign was ok but so dated that I didn't even bother to finish it.

I will probably buy the next Treyarch release but I will NEVER again buy anything made by Infinity Ward (COD or otherwise) and I suggest you all do the same. BF3 doesn't look any better. Let's hope a new franchise emerges before the inevitable cash cow of MW4.
  85. Feb 17, 2012
    I played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it dropsI played on MW3 free weekend on steam and within 5 minutes of gameplay I quit, my reasoning is that it is worse than MW2 and they make it easier for **** to be ****. I mean at least make it fair. I suggest buying Battlefield 3 and supporting a developer who actually cares. I turned into a Battlefield fanboy after playing MW3. That should say something, I will still buy it when it drops down to 5 to 10 dollars, because playing **** games helps me enjoy the amazing ones even more. Expand
  86. Mar 2, 2012
    COD 4: MW I really enjoyed. MW2 was alright but given that I basically can't remember it can't have been that great. With that said I did get a strange sense of deja-vu playing MW3... If Activision can't be bothered to come up with reasonable plot I can't be bothered to finish writing this... Utterly whatever.
  87. Feb 27, 2012
    I'm giving this game 3 out of 10. If I had to comment MW 3 in one sentence I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 with terrible technical problems and with less fun. I don't recommend it to anyone, if you want a shooter badly try MW 2. This review will be mostly MP beacuse I finished single player in about 10 hours on hard difficulity and I bought it mostly for MP like other cod games. Major flaws ofI'm giving this game 3 out of 10. If I had to comment MW 3 in one sentence I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 with terrible technical problems and with less fun. I don't recommend it to anyone, if you want a shooter badly try MW 2. This review will be mostly MP beacuse I finished single player in about 10 hours on hard difficulity and I bought it mostly for MP like other cod games. Major flaws of the game:
    - Absolutely no innovations !!! It's MW 2 again with minimal innovations, and bad ones only
    - TERRIBLE PROBLEMS WITH RUNNING THE GAME PROPERLY !!!
    bugs and problems such as those: very hard to play with friends because of stupid matchmaking system, random game crashin during loading, 2 times during about 6 weeks of playing it my game stopped working and I had to reinstall it, it often crashes on launch too, I have a very good hardware so it's fault of the game
    - NO DEDICATED RANKED SERVERS - meaning that you have to use matchmaking, so you can't choose the map you want to play on, people you want to play with because there is no "party system" or whatever to connect you and ur friends together to the same lobby, it's hard even to play with 1 teammate cuz of that
    - TERRIBLY DESIGNED MAPS - thats true, maps are terrible VERY SMALL and pretty much RIDICULOUS I thought Black Ops maps was very bad, at least it had Nuketown and you were allowed to choose a map, well not in MW 3
    - CHEATERS PLAGUE a month after game's relase when I bought it at least 4 out of 10 games was with a cheater using aimbot. If you have ever played with aimbot user then you know it's ridiculous. If 40 % of games was with aimbots think how many was with people using less noticeable cheats like wallhacks...
    - VERY BAD GRAPHICS AND SOUND terribly outdated graphics and very bad sounds, I guess the developers forget to improve it again...since cod 4 it's the same graphics with minimal changes, and the sounds are refined version of those from cod 4 and mw 2
    - VERY IRRITATING THING ABOUT SOUND: YOU CAN ONLY MUTE ALL OF THE GAME SOUND - that means you can't listen to music while you play because you can't for example just disable in-game music (WHICH SUCKS BADLY, BO HAD IT MUCH BETTER !) and shooting sounds, no there is only one slider so you can play with your own music but then no in-game sounds which srsly handicaps your gaming skill
    - WORSE CHARACTER CREATING THAN BO AND PREVIOUS MW 3 thats right - not only no innovations but it's also very badly designed and there are a few OP guns while the rest sucks badly, same situation with perks

SUMMARY: IF YOU WANT A SHOOTER BADLY, GO TRY MW 2 IT'S CHEAPER AND HAS LESS FLAWS, TRUST ME THIS ISN'T WORTH $ AND TIME YOU SPEND ON IT !
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Selling this game for anything more than $20 should be a federal crime. The people in charge at Sledgehammer, IW, and Activision should all be placed under citizens arrest for releasing this recycled piece of garbage and labeling it as a new title.
  89. Mar 6, 2012
    I loved Call of Duty up until MW2........ I will say no more.................................................................................................
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the worst of years. Its just an updating of Call of Duty 4. The multiplayer is full of kids and all of them's using noobs techniques, and the solo campagn is the shortess mod I never seen in my life.
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    I joined metacritic solely for the purpose of saying " Activision have fooled us into buying their unworthy of the MW name piece of of crap !!" .... This is a recycled product of 5 years not even dressed with a new cloth !! ... This only shows how messy it is in Infinity ward after the loss of their founders and their competent team" .... Total waste of money .. Don't buy it Don't buy it
  92. Feb 17, 2012
    What the hell were the critics smoking when they gave this game 99%? I think 9% is nearer the mark. The best way I can summarise it is: MW1, released four year earlier, is a much better game. Graphically, this hasn't improved at all, and in terms of quality of writing, length and variety of campaign, available weapons etc., it's actually gone backwards. I presume that they're notWhat the hell were the critics smoking when they gave this game 99%? I think 9% is nearer the mark. The best way I can summarise it is: MW1, released four year earlier, is a much better game. Graphically, this hasn't improved at all, and in terms of quality of writing, length and variety of campaign, available weapons etc., it's actually gone backwards. I presume that they're not planning on releasing a MW4 given the plot, which would make sense, since after this pile of junk I suspect not many people would buy it. I certainly wouldn't. What a sad way to end what was once a great franchise. Expand
  93. EmX
    Feb 20, 2012
    For starters, this is the worst COD game ever released. Why people in the media give it a 7 or above is beyond me. This is a total rip-off. Horrible maps, terrible weapons, consistent lag, with maps loaded with hax, there are so many things wrong with this game, I think even COD fanatics will have a hard time citing the value of this release. This is just a lame rehash of MW2, and a weakFor starters, this is the worst COD game ever released. Why people in the media give it a 7 or above is beyond me. This is a total rip-off. Horrible maps, terrible weapons, consistent lag, with maps loaded with hax, there are so many things wrong with this game, I think even COD fanatics will have a hard time citing the value of this release. This is just a lame rehash of MW2, and a weak attempt to go to the bank one more time for these unimaginative developers. If you want to play a solid Multi-FPS, get BF3. It is light years ahead of this mess Expand
  94. Mar 7, 2012
    I used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which hadI used to be a COD fan. However, this MW3 will definitely be my last COD game, last game made by IW. This company is a big liar. Essentially, MW3 is made up of copy&paste from MW2 and BLOPS. It's a pure waste of both our money and our time. Before the release of the game, some dude from the company claimed that they'd successfully handled the cheating and connection problem which had haunted MW2. Isn't this a big joke? Can you please play just ONE ground war game on your PC, Mr. Robert Bowling? I understand you want our money desperately. What I cannot accept is you've been cheating on us in such a blatant way. I am feeling sick. Good bye, COD. Expand
  95. Feb 25, 2012
    Yet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. SameYet another review, which rants about the CoD franchise? Oh yes! There has been very many studios working on the game and it still hasn't changed enough to feel like a new game. The graphics are outdated, though even very bad computers can run it. The multiplayer maps have way too many corridors and such. The damage is annoyingly high, you don't need skill anymore to play the game. Same old crap, even worse than before. Expand
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    How can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay forHow can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay for the ridiculous "ELITE" plan so you can finally get the full game, almost a year after launch. Infinity Ward... Just give up and actually make a new game. Expand
  97. Nov 28, 2011
    Though not as bad as I thought it would be, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was just as disappointing as the rest of the Modern Warfare franchise. It all follows the same pattern: some action, something happens, mediocre slow mo, repeat a few times, then the slow mo ending. It lost its luster two Modern Warfares ago. That is only the single player. The multiplayer is nowhere near as good asThough not as bad as I thought it would be, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was just as disappointing as the rest of the Modern Warfare franchise. It all follows the same pattern: some action, something happens, mediocre slow mo, repeat a few times, then the slow mo ending. It lost its luster two Modern Warfares ago. That is only the single player. The multiplayer is nowhere near as good as the other two Modern Warfare's multiplayer (if you really want to call those good either.) It is nowhere near as fast paced as most multiplayer games. In fact, I would prefer to play Team Fortress 2 to this P.O.S. multiplayer. To the overall: I was severely disappointed with the graphics. Even run at the maximum graphics, the graphics are still nowhere near what I would expect from a game with so much hype as its predecessors. I was able to run it with minimal issues on an Intel H.D. Graphics card at 256 MB (for those slightly tech challenged: that is complete **** I may be nit picking with such a small thing like that, but game like this released in 2011 should have much better graphics than it does. Expand
  98. Jan 27, 2012
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.5 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Version 1.3) - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Map Pack #2: Only $59.99! - Call of Duty: Modern Douchebags - Call of Duty: Part 8 - Call of Duty: A Modern Waste of Your $60.
  99. Mar 1, 2012
    it is just a rubbish bug game,waste my money,at first i saw the offical screenshots,i knew it had old bad graphics,so i think maybe it will be fair and real,but i am wrong,it is completely rubbish,bug weapon and **** player,i think 10 dollar is enough or maybe too expensive,the single player maybe good,but soon u will feel boring,unfair multiplayer and boring single player make it muchit is just a rubbish bug game,waste my money,at first i saw the offical screenshots,i knew it had old bad graphics,so i think maybe it will be fair and real,but i am wrong,it is completely rubbish,bug weapon and **** player,i think 10 dollar is enough or maybe too expensive,the single player maybe good,but soon u will feel boring,unfair multiplayer and boring single player make it much worse,cross fire is better than this game,**** player and iw game gun stats designer so fking like ass,hope it lost family ,lol,this game is for child who are very stupid and live a dark and sad life,and somebody has very low intelligence and noone like them,they are just rubbish in the world they play bug game to make other konw them look after them talk to them ,they are lonely,we should stay away from them in real life Expand
  100. Nov 13, 2011
    Take a hint from your competitors and try something new. Playing the same game every year had wore out its welcome by MW2, now it's starting to get ridiculous.
  101. jo3
    Nov 8, 2011
    I have played and liked ever COD apart from MW2 which is basically the same game as MW3 (MW2.1). The GFX r fuzzy and nasty looking even compared to black ops, no ranked dedicated servers in MP only P2P rubbish IWnet, Hitboxes are broken, Maps are to small, FOV is unchangeable (makes me feel sick to play the game), Directional sound has been taken out of the game, guns are all the same, theI have played and liked ever COD apart from MW2 which is basically the same game as MW3 (MW2.1). The GFX r fuzzy and nasty looking even compared to black ops, no ranked dedicated servers in MP only P2P rubbish IWnet, Hitboxes are broken, Maps are to small, FOV is unchangeable (makes me feel sick to play the game), Directional sound has been taken out of the game, guns are all the same, the aim assist has not been taken out for the Xbox game, Ridiculous kill streaks, NO LEAN! :@, Lack of any console commands, skill-less gameplay, to many mines, claymores, helos, nukes, and anything else that will kill for you, unconfigurable config, no innovations, no competitive features at all and the SP is the worst SP I have played since Homefront or medal of honer (i think they were better actually) this game is a cut and paste job from MW2 I do not see what they spent 2 years doing. This game is awful do not buy it. Get COD1,2,4,5 or BO they r all better, if you have them get Battlefield 3, if you don't like Battlefield 3 get Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (a realistic WW2 shooter). Do not bother with this game it is not worth it. Collapse

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012