2.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Where do I start? The campaign is short and boring, and the Multiplayer is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago.. The dedicated servers are completely useless, empty most of the time and the match making is no better than it was in MW2. Its quite obvious they took MW2 and added some new maps, single player and re skinned the entire game. Even the menu is the same as MW2. Do not buy thisWhere do I start? The campaign is short and boring, and the Multiplayer is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago.. The dedicated servers are completely useless, empty most of the time and the match making is no better than it was in MW2. Its quite obvious they took MW2 and added some new maps, single player and re skinned the entire game. Even the menu is the same as MW2. Do not buy this game for PC. a complete waste of money. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2.5 . Really they just copy-pasted models from previous games . Environmental objects from CoD4 , hud from MW2 , hit detection from Black Ops . Singleplayer was good . But multiplayer just sucks , mw2 was better . FOV looks low and you can't even change it . No Ranked Dedicated servers . Iwnet is really bad . Laggy games all the time . Just a waste of money and time . NextModern Warfare 2.5 . Really they just copy-pasted models from previous games . Environmental objects from CoD4 , hud from MW2 , hit detection from Black Ops . Singleplayer was good . But multiplayer just sucks , mw2 was better . FOV looks low and you can't even change it . No Ranked Dedicated servers . Iwnet is really bad . Laggy games all the time . Just a waste of money and time . Next time they must change their graphic engine , make new models and release it 2 years later . Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is exact the same thing than MW2, except the name...

The campaign lasts only 3 hours and you will never play it again.

Save your money for Rage or Skyrim.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Essentially the same game as MW2, still has the same flaws like no dedicated servers. MP feels slow and unoriginal, is full of campers and there are hacks already popping up. all in all makes for a very unpleasant multi player experience, and i didn't buy this game for its single player.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    This isn't worth the 60$ price tag, it's basically an expansion pack. I guarantee within a couple months there will be MW3 maps on CoD4, which will be more fun than playing it on MW3. Modders on CoD4 did it with MW2 maps // guns, I expect the same to happen again.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Ive played every series so far and im starting to wanna go back to black ops. IT seems like you can tget around a corner in Mw3 without dying, the damage is ridicoulous, ive never had to rely on my connection as much. The spawn system is terrible its the one thing that messed up mw2 and after 2 years it isnt fixed.
    Maps is terrible smalls.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    $100 Map pack. Over-rated. This game has not changed much over the time and it seems that it is just trying to gain the money from the brand name. Fan boys would be the only people to rate this highly. With such games as BF3 there can be no question that this game will not be GOTY and will and should not even rate with in the top 10. Also many people claim this to be a realistic fps. The$100 Map pack. Over-rated. This game has not changed much over the time and it seems that it is just trying to gain the money from the brand name. Fan boys would be the only people to rate this highly. With such games as BF3 there can be no question that this game will not be GOTY and will and should not even rate with in the top 10. Also many people claim this to be a realistic fps. The people that call dual ak-47's with no recoil realistic should be shot. Games such as Counter strike, quake and battlefield have skill and over the time have changed in enough ways to make each game its own. The new addition of a tomahawk in Black-ops was the tell tail sign that the CoD series had given up on trying to make a good game Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    "Just another cash in of a tired old franchise. Re-releasing a video game every year and making millions is just a slap in the face to real developers who actually take the time to make a decent video game, with a good engine, great online, and a good story."

9. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game from a terrible publisher. Acticrap struck again with this turd. Are they REALLY still selling call of duty 4 as a new game for the FIFTH time ? Not only that but this is again a stinking console port on the PC. Here we are with amazingly fast machines and Acticrap is still pushing out a game on seven year old engine with console port crap graphics, no dedicated serversTerrible game from a terrible publisher. Acticrap struck again with this turd. Are they REALLY still selling call of duty 4 as a new game for the FIFTH time ? Not only that but this is again a stinking console port on the PC. Here we are with amazingly fast machines and Acticrap is still pushing out a game on seven year old engine with console port crap graphics, no dedicated servers and just plain arcadey, junvenile and non-challenging multiplayer.

Actifail. This franchise will soon go the way of guitar hero and tony hawk, and good riddance to it. Pile of trash lacking any innovation.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Well the game loads. It gets a point for that. But I can't help but wonder why it loads a degraded looking version of MW1. Maybe that's why the Steam purchase came with MW1, to share the common files! It took a big developer a year to develop what really is some slight changes to a base game. I've seen modders come up with bigger innovations in the same development time! Yet anotherWell the game loads. It gets a point for that. But I can't help but wonder why it loads a degraded looking version of MW1. Maybe that's why the Steam purchase came with MW1, to share the common files! It took a big developer a year to develop what really is some slight changes to a base game. I've seen modders come up with bigger innovations in the same development time! Yet another linear on-rails campaign that feels like it's mostly cutscenes designed to look good on a "gameplay" trailer, and yet another multiplayer that takes its map designs from Pac-Man and adds nothing really new in terms of gameplay innovation, but instead removes some of the customization it had previously. All with outdated graphics, fake as hell plastic sounds and a community made up mostly of people not old enough to play the game. £40 please. I think I could have given it more points if Activision gave me a financial incentive similar to the critics'. But they didnt, so....honesty it is. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    It gets a 3 in my books.
    1 Point for Spec Ops Survival mode
    1 Point for Spec Ops Mission mode 1 Point for the Uninstall button in control panel. This is MW 2.1 without question. Heck even some of the error messages that you might and will later encounter refer to the game as MW2 and not MW3. Nice lazy Dev code there. Let's start with the facts. P2P DOES NOT, CAN NOT, and WILL NOT EVER,
    It gets a 3 in my books.
    1 Point for Spec Ops Survival mode
    1 Point for Spec Ops Mission mode
    1 Point for the Uninstall button in control panel.

This is MW 2.1 without question. Heck even some of the error messages that you might and will later encounter refer to the game as MW2 and not MW3. Nice lazy Dev code there. Let's start with the facts. P2P DOES NOT, CAN NOT, and WILL NOT EVER, work for a pc Based FPS Multiplayer game. Sure it's fine for co-op, or at least a SMALL number of players in a versus mode, but that still introduces host advantage. As a competitive Multiplayer game, there is no chance it will ever work. Please remove all instances of this crap from any future games from your stable IW. I cannot see in my right mind how IW thinks it's sufficient to play a FPS game with 100+ ping every single round, its absolutely absurd. In my first hour of playing alone I encountered 2 Aimbotters, which could have been dealt with by Admins, but seeing that There are none in P2P, they spoilt the game for us all until we EVENTUALLY found a new playlist. Atleast the addition of dedicated servers rectifies this, but IW jumps in and even limits us on these, being unranked and all.
    Also Loving the fact that that your only sound options are Volume and speaker setup, no way to turn down music or menu sounds. The visuals are not on par with anything from this year, as it actually looks worse than MW2 and Black Ops due to the fact that levels are bigger and more intricate, so the textures have to be downscaled (or so it seems) for the console players to achieve sustainable frame rates. Fantastic job guys, really.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    There are two types of games companies in the world. Those who respect their player base and strive to truely create titles that can be respectfully crowned as AAA, and Infinity Ward.

Pushing technology to it's limits, creating truely immersive environments and designing experiences that players do not forget is the challenge that this game not only fails to reach, but did not plan for from the start. Apparently Infinity Ward seem to think that players enjoy games that force set cinematics on the players, have zero choice throughout the levels and contain zero character progression.

This game makes baby Jesus cry.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V. This games deserves a 0. It's a copy and paste, no originality, bull crap singleplayer, same multiplayer. $60 price tage, with multiple $15 rehashed map packs. Game gets a 0.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Once again a bad rehash by Nintendo, which doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's just the same old game copypasted with a new name to get money from the youngsters who can't see this. Good job, Miyamoto!
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    I just registered to say this. I have been a hardcore COD fan for a long time. This is the last COD I will ever buy unless things change. Graphically this game is a piece of **** worse than black ops by far. No FOV, the aspect ratio seems messed up, a complete disgrace. Please do not waste 60 bucks on this crap, you will regret it like me.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Where to start? I have been playing COD since the very first game on PC, and IMO Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best COD game in the entire franchise. What happened Infinity Ward? Modern Warfare 3 is the same as Black Ops / Modern Warfare 2....it's just more of the same. This game really could have been released as a $30 expansion (or something like that). I don't really understandWhere to start? I have been playing COD since the very first game on PC, and IMO Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best COD game in the entire franchise. What happened Infinity Ward? Modern Warfare 3 is the same as Black Ops / Modern Warfare 2....it's just more of the same. This game really could have been released as a $30 expansion (or something like that). I don't really understand what all the hype is surrounding this game (IMO there are much better ones just released and that are coming out). The single player is poor, multiplayer is more of the same, and SpecOps feels like it was tacked on.....There is just not enough here to justify a $60 game. If it was going for $40, ok....that would change this review a bit. To give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games credit, they did do a remarkable job with the graphics (this is at least a four year old engine), and you can tell they worked extremely hard to deliver this. Bottom line, buy this, yes or no?: No - Save your money and play COD: Modern Warfare if you need your "war" game fix. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    this game just got old. nothing new just a expansion new weapons. Bf3 is way better. I broke my **** of doody disk. This game is not even that fun, its the same as black ops and mw2, i expected new engine and new weapons. but it only had new weapons but not as many, A lot of the weapons were recycled from Cod4, MW2, and Black ops. So don't get this game its terrible
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    I play COD for the single player and Bf for the multi and COD was the same crap different year. If even ended the same with the quick time left right, e crap and where everyone bites the bullet. Some parts were very cool and I like and cared about the story being told but the critics overrated this game way too much. The campaign was too short and the ending just pissed me off. MultiplayerI play COD for the single player and Bf for the multi and COD was the same crap different year. If even ended the same with the quick time left right, e crap and where everyone bites the bullet. Some parts were very cool and I like and cared about the story being told but the critics overrated this game way too much. The campaign was too short and the ending just pissed me off. Multiplayer is even worse and is almost exactly like MW2 with a few additions and a very cool reward system which is accessible if you're very good at this kind of arcade style shooter. COD2k11 is the madden of shooters and we all saw how that was received. I will think twice before buying another COD game for £40. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    ya estoy cansado de la misma mie#$% cada año y seguiré jugando el MW2 de ves en cuando hasta que salga algo que valga realmente la pena, ademas porque comprar MW3 si hay un Batman AC, un Uncharted 3, un Skyrim, un Gears 3, entre otros.
    bueno esto es solo mi OPINION PERSONAL y se les respeta a quienes si apoyen este juego.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    This review is focused solely on the multiplayer experience. It seems there are really only two changes from recent COD games: Perks/Unlocks & Maps. The maps are possibly the most refreshing change. The game boasts a huge rotation of around 16 maps all of which appear to be well laid out. My only complaint is the drab and uninspired color pallet; far too many of the maps remind me ofThis review is focused solely on the multiplayer experience. It seems there are really only two changes from recent COD games: Perks/Unlocks & Maps. The maps are possibly the most refreshing change. The game boasts a huge rotation of around 16 maps all of which appear to be well laid out. My only complaint is the drab and uninspired color pallet; far too many of the maps remind me of Carnival from MW2. At face value, the perks and unlocks appear new and exciting; that is, until you read the description and realize it's the same old perks with new names. The game throws new unlocks and challenges at you at an alarming rate. I found this to be a bit overwhelming and not necessarily a positive, however gamers who love to complete a game 100% and earn every single reward may find this appealing. If I were to appraise the value of the new content in Modern Warfare 3, I'd place it at around $15; the cost of a map pack. In hindsight, it was naive of me to assume that Activision would break the mold with MW3 and I take full responsibility for blowing $60 on a game that I already own two copies of (COD4 and MW2). Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really hoped this game would be top-notch. Instead for PC, you get: no customizable FOV or advanced graphical settings, really buggy campaign, and NO RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS. This game is a complete waste of $60. Some minor tweeks, a little upgrade on graphics (MW3 has absolutely no difference from MW2) and even more bugs & glitches. If you want a complete, long-lasting, more fun FPS, go for the Battlefield franchise, Red Orchestra, Counter-Strike, or ARMA. Call of Duty is a complete disgrace for the FPS market (aside from WaW, MW1, and CoD2). Expand
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes, this has slick voice acting and likeable characters, but in terms of gameplay, it's the same games I've bought twice before.

Maybe MW2 and MW3 should have been campaign expansion/map packs for MW1, at a percentage of the cost?!
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    Really Activision?
    You think that you can just take an old game you made, add some new maps with buildings from that old game and call it a new map? or even worst, a new game?
    Honestly, After playing the multiplayer I felt as though I was playing MW2.5 (What you should be calling this 'game'). I can honestly, from my experience of playing this and BF3,say that MW3 is the flop of the
    Really Activision?
    I can honestly, from my experience of playing this and BF3,say that MW3 is the flop of the century and overall the trashiest most linear, unimaginative game I have ever played to date.
    Take note though that BF3 has its flaws, but I only need one reason to prove that the devs of BF3 cared about it so much as to go about and take the time they could have been using to make DLC, making a new engine for it.
    Anyway, this is truly a pathetic game and i'm very disappointed at how absolutely terrible this game is.
    I'll give you the score of 1 for having the balls to release this crap you call a 'game'.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    So what good is the game? The answer - nothing. Graphics not seen improvements since the change Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The plot has slid down to zero. Scripts - the lot of the past, the linearity as well. Sound - terrible, even in games 2000-2005, he was then and is clearly better.
    Multiplayer, in fact it is a different story. Let me be clear, multiplayer **** up and spoiled, horrible maps, weapons, the same way. Sorry, but why all these "perks" and "strikes kill"? That's right - they are completely unnecessary. In general, 0 points.
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern warfare 3 is just a map pack for modern warfare 2, same graphics, bad sounds, small maps... They just didn't put effort on it, just made a new campaign with same engine, and let's see 60£ for that? you must be kidding, mw3 should cost like 10-15£, it's just like a dlc...oh and shouldn't be called mw3 but mw2:something. BF3 completely destroys mw3.
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    What exacly did i pay for? I allready have Modern Warfare 2... this is the most expensive DLC i have EVER bought.. Will NOT buy any more out of Acitvision - this is the worst try of money ripoff...
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is an absolute joke. People keep reminding me that you play this game because of "how it feels". Fine, Ill admit that the feeling I get, is still the same but for what? Its still a BRAND new game, yet its exactly like the old games - why would someone pay this kind of money for a game that brings nothing new to the table. We could've just gone back to playing MW2 instead, atThis game is an absolute joke. People keep reminding me that you play this game because of "how it feels". Fine, Ill admit that the feeling I get, is still the same but for what? Its still a BRAND new game, yet its exactly like the old games - why would someone pay this kind of money for a game that brings nothing new to the table. We could've just gone back to playing MW2 instead, at least we would have saved some money. If people (well, the kids who get their games handed to them by their parents) honestly believe that a game developer has no obligation what-so-ever to their "fans" then fine. Believe that. They clearly labeled this as a new game, not a MAP expansion. Thats why im going to downrate this. Pros: Overall you get that mw feeling, but the game is acting wierd in some cases. Look up the video on youtube. Its still one of the better games in the genre.
    Cons: Releasing a MAP expansion for "new-game" money. Despite being one of the better games in the genre, its based on things accomplished in the past. If someone said Half-Life 8 was coming out, I'd expect some TOP NOTCH improvements, wouldnt you?
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    Like many others have said. This is MW2 or blackops with a semi-new skin on top. The sounds are horrible, you can fire 10 rockets or granades at a wall and nothing happens and the story - although not as bad as the BF3 story is still just a typical "hollywoood storyline". If you want to play multiplayer, save the money and buy BF3 instead. If you want to finish the MW storyline (like me)Like many others have said. This is MW2 or blackops with a semi-new skin on top. The sounds are horrible, you can fire 10 rockets or granades at a wall and nothing happens and the story - although not as bad as the BF3 story is still just a typical "hollywoood storyline". If you want to play multiplayer, save the money and buy BF3 instead. If you want to finish the MW storyline (like me) it _might_ be worth it, but you might want to save the money and wait for a sale on Steam! Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is not good at all don'T buy it like the other stupid million player that buy it...... Activision is **** us again like the other cod since blackops
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    This is embarrassing. What a great franchise flushed down the toilet. No dedicated servers on PC is inexcusable. Graphics are beyond bad relative to price and the fact that this is 2011. WOW. So sad to see this. I love this franchise but I feel abused by the developers. ABUSED. never again.
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare is the wrong name, nothing modern about it since it was released what 5 years ago..Recycled trash sold for an obscenely high price. Don't buy this garbage and encourage game producers to take consumers for granted.
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 has really lost touch with what makes video games great. I loved MW1 because that game brought so much to the table. That game had big maps, small maps, ranked dedicated servers, so many options that you could play the game however you wanted. Now IW has decided to lock everything down and force people to play the game in very specific ways. NOT FUN AT ALL. I bought this gameMW3 has really lost touch with what makes video games great. I loved MW1 because that game brought so much to the table. That game had big maps, small maps, ranked dedicated servers, so many options that you could play the game however you wanted. Now IW has decided to lock everything down and force people to play the game in very specific ways. NOT FUN AT ALL. I bought this game because I was excited that IW was bringing back dedicated servers to us PC gamers. I boycotted MW2 because they took away dedicated servers, so seeing them return was rather nice. But then I find out that the dedicated servers are NOT ranked, so if I want to unlock anything I have to play the game the way IW wants me to play it. NOT the way I want to play it. I honestly don't understand how IW justifies a 60 dollar price on a game that has less features than MW1 and uses the same graphics engine as MW1 (albeit they improved on this over the years.) The whole game reeks of laziness as I see all the maps are super tiny, and only seem to favor people that like to "run and gun." But what about those of us that like to use a little strategy or have more than 18 people in a map? What about people that don't want to "run and gun" the whole time? I give the game a 6 because of the single player campaign and because the game is not completely broken. But it HAS lost everything that made MW1 great. I am going to try to find a way to get my money back. I am sad that IW has stooped to making this when they clearly know (or used to know) how to make a good game. Shame on you IW, and shame on me for spending 60 dollars for this. Expand
  33. Nov 12, 2011
    Waste of my money. I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 because I had already invested in an upgraded video card and wanted more games to play on it. The game simply isn't as engaging as other FPSs on the market, and it is buggy as hell. Basically just a new map pack with no replay value.
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    Call of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade paraCall of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade para mostrar.) e é claro que a Activition apostou na força que o titulo tem sobre os varios fans que o Call of Duty possui, principalmente nos console. Expand
  35. Nov 12, 2011
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new.Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new. Everything is just the same, they just make these games for money seriously... Expand
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    this has to be the worst release from all the call of duty games thus far.. i dont know about all the platforms but on pc this game realy is dissapointing. having been spoiled by the beauty of bf3 and then playing this game made me depro as to how im i gonna get the wasted money back!! it not only looks worse than blops but aswell as all the recylced from it predececors.. sorry but theythis has to be the worst release from all the call of duty games thus far.. i dont know about all the platforms but on pc this game realy is dissapointing. having been spoiled by the beauty of bf3 and then playing this game made me depro as to how im i gonna get the wasted money back!! it not only looks worse than blops but aswell as all the recylced from it predececors.. sorry but they just lost a huge fan Expand
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    MW2 with new maps. Nowhere near worth the cost.

I have to make this review 150 characters long but there isn't any more to say about this game. Not worth the money.
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    COD:MW3 is a sequel of COD4:MW, but not only with the main story, also with the graphic engine, the way on that you play the game... nothing has changed since we could enjoy the COD4.

And It is not good, because we have to continue playing 'on rails' when the most of new games give more and more freedom to play. Playing to this COD is bored by moments, because the only challenge is

Playing to this COD is bored by moments, because the only challenge is finding the way forward to avoid falling shot.

Great Story, bad game.
  40. Nov 13, 2011
    I couldn't past 10% of campaign, it is so boring. How this game got so many sold copies? Seems game developers decided to spend all the money on PR and bribes to game reviewers. Scenario is nonsense, it is better not to try to understand it, graphics is a complete joke for 2011 year, gameplay.. reload the clip.. kill 10 enemies.. repeat until the map ends..
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    Despite being a long time fan of call of duty I couldn't take this any more. modern warfare 3 has degraded into an overrated cash cow and a copy and paste of previous titles. Save your precious money by not buying this worthless game.
  42. Nov 13, 2011
    In short, this game is a MW2 map pack, with perhaps a small update to introduce the ability to see which killstreak you are on and change a couple of weapons.
    This: for £40? No chance.
    The thing that really annoys me is how this thing is getting good reviews from critics. Can I just ask how? You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a
    This: for £40? No chance.
    You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a good game. So is Modern Warfare 2. What has changed? Essentially, nothing. Over the past few years we have come to accept the fact that Activision will keep recycling the same game engine, graphics, weapons, online structure, etc. We buy it full price and ask no questions.
    Activision's titles have little more improvement from their predecessors than a common dlc, and this HAS to be considered when reviewing their games.
    Come on critics, wipe Activisions brown substance off your face and take a look at reality.
    If this were the first game in the Call of Duty franchise and this was a completely new game, I'd give it a 7 or 8.
    As an improvement to the predecessor and in terms of value for money, this is a 0.
    Not worth buying until either all of your friends have deserted you or the price drops considerably.
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is not worth to have the name "Call of duty" on it! Its a shame for the series!

We all, that paid money for a game that has non new features compare to MW2 have to feel robbed by activision!

This game looks and feels ****
  44. Nov 13, 2011
    PT-BR: Eu não sou fanboy de BF3 ou MW3, mas BF3 está muito melhor que esse MW3. Esse jogo é simplesmente o MW2 reciclado. Estou decepcionado.
    English: I'm not a fanboy, but BF3 is better, this game is the MW2 recycled. I am desapointed.
  45. Dec 13, 2011
    LOL. Lets see. This game has No battlelog. CHECK. No Origins. Check. A GOOD single player campaign. NO. And a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys, which actually also looks and plays good on consoles (which it is purely designed for, and is poorly ported to the pc yet again), AND this game does have bugs and all of the server problems of some other (un-named) games. ItsLOL. Lets see. This game has No battlelog. CHECK. No Origins. Check. A GOOD single player campaign. NO. And a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys, which actually also looks and plays good on consoles (which it is purely designed for, and is poorly ported to the pc yet again), AND this game does have bugs and all of the server problems of some other (un-named) games. Its another below average shooter, unlike the other amazing shooter that came out recently. And here come the fan boys to convince you that this game is well optimised, not made purely for console, offers completely different gameplay from the last 4 games and graphics have been greatly approved. With a user score of 1.4 we have a classic case of the people who know what a good game is and isnt. How.....mature! LOL. Too bad this is a bad game. Too bad, this one is the WORSE gaming product. (review correct from orctowngrot's fanyboy review) gaming product. Expand
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is a complete waste of money. I should have just put my cash to the Black ops expansions I never bought. There isn't much I could say that other who didn't like this game have not. They should have just called this CoD Arcade because that is what the game play feels like. I have never played on maps so small, and the spawning is terrible. It's like they want you to spawn andThis game is a complete waste of money. I should have just put my cash to the Black ops expansions I never bought. There isn't much I could say that other who didn't like this game have not. They should have just called this CoD Arcade because that is what the game play feels like. I have never played on maps so small, and the spawning is terrible. It's like they want you to spawn and immediately get into a fight. What a waste of money. Last time I buy a CoD game that isn't a ground up rebuild and on a disc I can sell to someone else. Expand
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    Same lag. Same cheats. Same hacks. Same rage.

Same lag. Same cheats. Same hacks. Same rage.

No, I'm not a BF3 fanboy. I've never played any Battlefield in my life. The professional critics have totally dropped the ball on this one. How could they have rated something so high that normal gamers are panning? CoD needs a complete redesign from the ground up to eliminate the cheaters and fix the lag. That probably means dedicated servers with server admins. Until then, avoid this thing like the plague.
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    The only entertaining part of this game is the online multiplayer, and the only change here is a few tweeks to the killstreak reward system, and a new gamemode. This could have easily just been a mw2 patch, and to charge $60 for this is ludicrous. The same thing in a new package. DO NOT BUY.
  49. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a joke. I understand certain needs to recycle game content but this is ridiculous. Modern Warfare 1... Great. Modern Warfare 2... Why did I spend $70 on a graphical update and new story? Modern Warfare 3... Oh hi there Modern Warfare 1n2.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    I own both MW3 and BF3 and I have to say, BF3 is definitely the better game. MW3 is plagued by problems that were found in MW2 on the PC. They decided to keep the p2p system, which was a huge mistake (had problems connecting and problems with lag on Day 1, and still get really bad lag depending on the game). Even though there are dedicate servers, they waited until 2 weeks beforeI own both MW3 and BF3 and I have to say, BF3 is definitely the better game. MW3 is plagued by problems that were found in MW2 on the PC. They decided to keep the p2p system, which was a huge mistake (had problems connecting and problems with lag on Day 1, and still get really bad lag depending on the game). Even though there are dedicate servers, they waited until 2 weeks before release to tell us that it would be on unranked servers only. THAT is low. They did the same thing with MW2, where they announced last minute about the stupid IW.net crap.

The only saving grace (in my opinion) is the coop modes. But even that has bugs. Survival mode will have you and your friend going out of sync at times, so that things happening on your end are not happening on your friends. e.g. you see your friend is down, but they are still killing things on their end. Singleplayer campaign is short and crap. COD4 is still the best one out there.
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    Where shall I start....ok graphics are looking exactly the same if not worse then MW2. Single Player didn't bring anything new, storyline was a bit of everything we've seen before and of multiplayer the reason why most of the people buy games from cod series is so poor. It's hard to explain how bad it is, if you think Black Ops was bad prepare yourself for even worse experience. Only modeWhere shall I start....ok graphics are looking exactly the same if not worse then MW2. Single Player didn't bring anything new, storyline was a bit of everything we've seen before and of multiplayer the reason why most of the people buy games from cod series is so poor. It's hard to explain how bad it is, if you think Black Ops was bad prepare yourself for even worse experience. Only mode which is actually playable it Survival. Same rules apply as in zombie except there are waves of human enemies etc. Overall very bad game, not worth of £40 spend...big disappointment. And worst thing of all is unlike my friend who bought it on Xbox 360 and returned it, I'm stuck with it forever because of stupid DRM protection which tied the cd-key to my STEAM account...oh joy...avoid at any cost Expand
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    Little kids are buying your game every single year. What are you trying to accomplish? These people are trying to live normal lives and yet you charge them $60 with misleading ads and information, then charge overpriced $15 map packs, which are recycled old maps. Please stop it, children are losing their intelligence and lives because of you money grabbing f#cks. Bobby Kotick can drop deadLittle kids are buying your game every single year. What are you trying to accomplish? These people are trying to live normal lives and yet you charge them $60 with misleading ads and information, then charge overpriced $15 map packs, which are recycled old maps. Please stop it, children are losing their intelligence and lives because of you money grabbing f#cks. Bobby Kotick can drop dead and burn in hell for all i care. Expand
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't buy this game because of all the negative user reviews it was getting, but decided to give it a try at a friends house over the weekend. Having not played a COD since MW2, I was expecting a lot more. Originality seems to have been completely lost in this series and hopefully we don't have to suffer next year with another abomination like this. Chances are though, the 12-16 y/o'sI didn't buy this game because of all the negative user reviews it was getting, but decided to give it a try at a friends house over the weekend. Having not played a COD since MW2, I was expecting a lot more. Originality seems to have been completely lost in this series and hopefully we don't have to suffer next year with another abomination like this. Chances are though, the 12-16 y/o's will beg mommy and daddy to get this game for them, further supporting what has become the worst franchise in gaming, IMO. This game deserves nothing more than a big fat 0. Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    Eh! Next map pack to modern warfare. When Activision will see that a people are not stupid. i hope next call of duty will be make on new engine and better graphic. But now, this series ended on a Modern Warfare for me
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry. but this is DLC to MW2 in cost of full game. Try doing something new. And stop just making game for cash. And Mr. Glen Schofield next time don't write on twitter to give better Reviews on this site. So sad :)
  56. Nov 14, 2011
    Call of duty Modern Warefare DLC that is a normal video game price, with an optional 4X£10 map packs that fragment the game community over regurgitated tripe.

The franchise is dead, it hasn't progressed, or improved, an old shooter now forgot.
  57. Nov 14, 2011
    It seems this company doesn't truely care at what we think as having non-ranked dedicated servers is just complete failure on there part. The game is pretty much just a re-skin of mw2 but **** The guns in mw2 handled better. My only suggestion is that they should of made it so the ranked was privately hosted instead of running off someone else's terrible internet. I have a huge problemIt seems this company doesn't truely care at what we think as having non-ranked dedicated servers is just complete failure on there part. The game is pretty much just a re-skin of mw2 but **** The guns in mw2 handled better. My only suggestion is that they should of made it so the ranked was privately hosted instead of running off someone else's terrible internet. I have a huge problem with this as I live in the middle of no where and get nothing but lag on anyone's connection. Atleast with my dedicated server I get a ping of around 60-100. This game is not innovative in the least bit. I give this a 3 and thats only because I can atleast enjoy TWL on a dedicated server which is the only reason I will play this game. Please release an RCON for dedicated servers would help!!! Expand
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    It's a shame people wasted their hard earned money on this junk. It's the same game over & over & over again. The graphics level has continued to disappoint. Unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson either. I was disappointed in the graphics of Black Ops and this again is total disappointment. I saw a tweet the other day from one of the people responsible for this mess pleading that theIt's a shame people wasted their hard earned money on this junk. It's the same game over & over & over again. The graphics level has continued to disappoint. Unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson either. I was disappointed in the graphics of Black Ops and this again is total disappointment. I saw a tweet the other day from one of the people responsible for this mess pleading that the metacritic scores reflect the "true" % score lol. The people have spoken, and if you want to enjoy high end graphics & great multiplayer save your $$$ and buy Battlefield 3. MW3 is going back into the drawer. Expand
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    This is actually suppose to be a PC review of this game, however I'm writing this for all. Over the course of the last couple of days i have managed to play MW3 on steam. While traveling to a friends house and playing it on his Xbox. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game. Whether you like or dislike the COD franchise, no reason. Why should a kid who still plays MW2 with a livelyThis is actually suppose to be a PC review of this game, however I'm writing this for all. Over the course of the last couple of days i have managed to play MW3 on steam. While traveling to a friends house and playing it on his Xbox. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game. Whether you like or dislike the COD franchise, no reason. Why should a kid who still plays MW2 with a lively community, switchover to the same game with a different title for $60.

Call of duty should not be rated for its gameplay, but instead for its clever marketing schemes that encourage players to buy-in year after year.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    I can't believe that there is no console and commands with config editing or mod tools, the guys that devlopeped Cod2 can't srsly be sitting there while they sell out and destroy every aspect of what made Cod on PC worth playing. I can see you're all trying but just stop trying to make PC like console. Its not accecptable. Mod tools with acess to console along with the commands we had theI can't believe that there is no console and commands with config editing or mod tools, the guys that devlopeped Cod2 can't srsly be sitting there while they sell out and destroy every aspect of what made Cod on PC worth playing. I can see you're all trying but just stop trying to make PC like console. Its not accecptable. Mod tools with acess to console along with the commands we had the ability to change until Mw2 I promise that this score wouldn't be so incredibly awful. Two years in a row, after being able to use Black Ops as a cheat sheet. Wtf.. Expand
  61. Nov 14, 2011
    modern warFAIL 3 is a veeeery big disappointment. IW / Activision / Blizzard showed once again what PC gamers mean to them. i have been playing the CoD series since the very first title and i never imagined that this is the way they treat the very same community that got them where they are now. this is a teen/kid console game that you can install on a PC. this is NOT a PC game... itmodern warFAIL 3 is a veeeery big disappointment. IW / Activision / Blizzard showed once again what PC gamers mean to them. i have been playing the CoD series since the very first title and i never imagined that this is the way they treat the very same community that got them where they are now. this is a teen/kid console game that you can install on a PC. this is NOT a PC game... it is AN INSULT to gamers and gaming. CoD is a MultiPlayer game and the MP is like getting acid thrown into your eyes. ** Call of Duty R.I.P. 2003-2008 Expand
  62. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just another kick in the fact to PC gamers. Story wise it is fantastic, closed the series with a fulfilling ending, but that's the same across all platforms.
    The PC multiplayer on the other hand is a mess. The complete load of garbage known as IWnet makes a comeback. There are barely any players using MW2 on the PC anymore, therefore matchmaking rendered that game useless to play. MW3 will be no exception, a year down the track gamers will abandon the game and effectively leave it for dead for anyone else trying to join a game.

Activision, If you intend to constantly release this garbage to PC gamers year after year, Just don't release it. Although BF3 is far from perfect, they recognised the PC platform and delivered a great game, Modern warfare is a complete joke compared to it.
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    What can i say, IW and sledge hammer screwed over us PC gamers... you have un-ranked dedicated servers, and no RANKED dedicated servers whats the point or having one without the other? you show reception in bars? just keep it as normal ping measurements in MS!

Black ops had servers. reception for that was showed in MS yet this game fails to do so... even in un-ranked servers. sure it shows the ping when you look for a server, but when you want to check it in game... your back to reception bars

MW3 developers failed where Black Ops succeeded example:
    Black Ops had NO LAGGY HOSTS due to dedicated servers in both RANKED and UNRANKED modes.
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    I was incredibly excited about this game, and the game would be very good (despite being a clone of the past MW games) if a few things were fixed.

First: I've never been in so many lagfest matches in any CoD on any system, PC or console, and I've owned every one of them. Of course the hacking is back on PC (to be expected), and sure they gave us dedicated servers, BUT THEY AREN'T RANKED.

The obvious solution to me would have been to have official dedicated servers much like Left 4 Dead where the rules are enforced, and they are ranked. The multiplayer is so incredibly hit or miss with the number of crappy hosts that's it's unplayable a good portion of the time.

Also a vote-change-host feature would be nice.
  65. Nov 15, 2011
    Excited to get the game, but found disappointed after an hour. Multiplayer have the same people who spoil the game, nothing new really to make it feel special in any way, just really disappointed, had high hopes thinking it would dominate, but now feel cheated.
  66. Nov 17, 2011
    This game pretty much was a re-release of MW2 except with a couple tiny improvements.

The new things in the game could have been covered in a patch or some DLC, most certainly didn't warrant an entire new $60 game.
  67. Dec 1, 2011
    If you have only played MW games, its fine. There isn't much that is new from MW2 and several of the problems from there have carried over (IWnet, stupid game play quirks, etc). There does not seem to be enough new stuff to make it worth playing, new game types are nice but fall short of what a new title should be made of. Further, most of the people that rave about the game continuallyIf you have only played MW games, its fine. There isn't much that is new from MW2 and several of the problems from there have carried over (IWnet, stupid game play quirks, etc). There does not seem to be enough new stuff to make it worth playing, new game types are nice but fall short of what a new title should be made of. Further, most of the people that rave about the game continually compare it to MW1/2 or say this is their first. That's fine, and with that in mind it is an enjoyable game. If you've played BF, MoH, CoDBO, or CoDWaW, there is a lot left to be desired.

There are nice new features such as the killstreaks that are customizable for each load out. Some of the streaks are left overs but they all seem familiar. The hardcore tends to be a bit nurfed compared to previous versions of CoD (MW series and Treyarch series).
  68. Dec 1, 2011
    I played this game already. I played it nearly 4+ years ago when it was called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Very little has changed since then. Sure the UI is better, the game is balanced, but couldn't they have released this as EXPANSIONS instead of asking consumers to buy it for $50 a pop?

Its not like the graphics are that much crazier. The animations are still fluid, the hit-confirm is still great. Everything is as what it was years ago... GREAT! But after so many hours, you tend to get sick of it all. Because nothing really changed. I felt ripped off!

Single player campaign can be completed in one night. You have mission ops that can be done solo or with a friend... which can also be complete in one night. Multiplayer has been the same since the original.

I really think you could have released these maps as an expansion along with the story.

My main complaint is multiplayer. The amount of hacking here is REDICULOUS. At least 1 out of 4 games I've played had 1 hacker or even 2!!! Real disappointing.... the same game for 50 bucks +
  69. Dec 8, 2011
    I had been a big fan of the Modern Warfare series until this one. I was so disappointed for this on PC I could hardly believe it. The graphics are exactly the same as MW2 which is now four years old, for a PC game I think this is a big deal seeing as we now have DX11 which the game doesn't even use. Aside for glaring graphical issues the sound was also horrible, the AK-47 sounds like aI had been a big fan of the Modern Warfare series until this one. I was so disappointed for this on PC I could hardly believe it. The graphics are exactly the same as MW2 which is now four years old, for a PC game I think this is a big deal seeing as we now have DX11 which the game doesn't even use. Aside for glaring graphical issues the sound was also horrible, the AK-47 sounds like a pee-shooter and unrealistic. I also kept getting stuck on corners and low objects on the ground like debris that you should easily be able to walk or jump over but the only way to get off them is to turn around and go right back the way you came. This happens so often that it just gets annoying and ruins a lot of the fun.

As far as the gameplay goes, I think the story was well written, a little short and a bit predictable but fun none the less. That being said its about the only good thing to the game that I can think of. The multi-player is pretty much the same as MW2 with a few changes here and there. Changed the unlock system but the game still plays out the same; one player can pretty much win or lose a match for the entire team and once again no team play is required and it hardly ever takes place anyway.

This game should be known as MW2.5 and should never have been released as a full-fledged game and should have been an expansion priced at $20 at most.
  70. Dec 16, 2011
    This game is an absolute disappointment. I've been playing all PC Call of Dutys since CoD1 and this game is just absolute fail.
    I especially loved to play MW2 because of much variety, almost perfectly balanced gameplay and very good maps. So were my expectations about MW3 Multiplayer...
    But in MW3 all maps feel like you move in a small box.. It's all made for running and spamming. You
    You are able to quickscope but maps and also the whole rest of the game clearly isn't designed for sniping at all.
    For example.. There is a perk called "Stalker" which allows the player to move with normal run-speed while aiming down the sight. There is no bobbing or increased inaccuracy. In my opinion this makes rifles and smgs really overpowered since it's a lot easier to rush other players (snipers).
    Akimbo- weapons are stronger than ever (since they have ultimate range and precision now.. )
    I think it's very good that there is no adjustable FOV since everybody has the same chance of spotting enemies now --> A fairer game where you have to be really attentive. All in all I rate it 2 because it's not as good as MW2 or MW1 at all. It's just a poorly thought-out and unbalanced spam-fest.
  71. Jan 20, 2012
    Sort it out COD, the number of hackers is insane....... ever though of using punkbuster..... why would any one want to play multi player were the competition isnt how good your its how good your hacks are, cheers for wasting my money....
  72. Jan 12, 2012
    I dont know how this sell millions and millions PEOPLE IS A DLC that cost $60, They not innovate any, all is the same, if you had MW2 you already got this game: the same maps the same in all is pure @$%!
  73. Jan 15, 2012
    quite simple the worst Call of Duty ever made...
    No effort has been made by the developers at all... in fact, what they DID do made the game worse.
    The single player campaign is short and half the time you are led through it like a dog on a leash, no exploring the world/map, instead more focus is put on cinematic moments as though you are watching a film, which gets very boring. Spec ops
    quite simple the worst Call of Duty ever made...

Spec ops is ok but gets very repetitive, with zombies in black ops you had a storyline and easter eggs to complete, spec ops is nothing but shoot and kill, it will never BE treyarch's zombies, it will never replace it.

The multiplayer is drowning in problems such as glitches, major lag and serious balancing issues. The maps are extremely small, (think of shipment from cod 4), and are badly designed with awful spawn locations that causes a lot of spawnkilling. Personally i found that Mw3's multiplayer was made up of: 1) spawn kill or 2) get spawn killed, no matter what game mode you play. Multiplayer was a big step back from black ops which had endless customisation options, MW3 has only a fraction of this.
    Great features such as dive to prone have not been implemented in to mw3 which, again, is a big step back from black ops.
    PC has even less support than MW2, with no ranked dedicated servers (another step back from black ops), which leads to countless hackers and cheaters, No adjustable FOV causes headaches and dizzyness when sitting close to the screen, IW dont understand most PC player sit on a desk with the monitor directly in front of them and console players tend to sit further away and have a tv which is why we need adjustable FOV. Now to the final part in the great list of MW3 problems: Call of Duty Elite
    Having the idea of a subscription for getting map packs early is NOT a good idea since Activision already have a deal with Microsoft the ensures any DLC content must be released a month earlier than any other platform. This means that players on PS3 and PC that donâ
  74. Apr 4, 2012
    this is game is pathetic, no, almost disgusting I wonder if COD: Black Ops was also nul.J 'love this game a long time but this time it's not very convincing so I recommend you BATTLEFIELD 3 instead.
  75. Jun 10, 2012
    Hi.Ive played this game more than a 100 hours and now i am ready to write it.At first I thought the game was perfect.I liked everything and i liked it more than Battlefield 3.But after spending hours and hours on it soon enough ive understood that the plot is boring the multiplayer and even the whole game is just copying MW2.And MW2 is copying Cod4 (Awesome game i must say).So here i go -Hi.Ive played this game more than a 100 hours and now i am ready to write it.At first I thought the game was perfect.I liked everything and i liked it more than Battlefield 3.But after spending hours and hours on it soon enough ive understood that the plot is boring the multiplayer and even the whole game is just copying MW2.And MW2 is copying Cod4 (Awesome game i must say).So here i go - i give it 5 only because ive spent some fun time with my friends here. Expand
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played through the singleplayer and enough hours of the multiplayer to get a good idea of what the game is like. The singleplayer is terrible, like all of the recent games, but with an even sillier plot. This is forgivable however - who plays this game for the singleplayer? The multiplayer... well... its the exact same thing as the previous two. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. SureI've played through the singleplayer and enough hours of the multiplayer to get a good idea of what the game is like. The singleplayer is terrible, like all of the recent games, but with an even sillier plot. This is forgivable however - who plays this game for the singleplayer? The multiplayer... well... its the exact same thing as the previous two. And to be honest, I'm sick of it. Sure the previous games were good, but you can only play so much of it before getting bored. Infinity Ward could have at least TRIED to change things up but they didn't. And I feel ripped off for paying full price for it, something like this should be an expansion or DLC or something. It doesn't justify purchasing a new game.

Unless you really REALLY want it, just play MW2. You'll be getting the exact same experience and you'll be $60 richer.
  77. Nov 9, 2011
    Since few years they dont bring any new. Its so boring so old and only shows how they respct players to cheat them and steal money. They treat us worser then idiots and they think we will buy all crap what they bring. Even xbox users rating it so badly what means they have killed series for ever. great job!
  78. Nov 9, 2011
    60 Dollars for this? Why did I make the mistake even though my instincts told me to save my money?! This game doesn't even have improved graphics! It's just MW2 all over again with an extended story, but in essence the SAME GAME! You just payed full price for a second copy of MW2 which basically what this is! Plus, if the singleplayer wasn't bad enough the multiplayer wouldn't be so60 Dollars for this? Why did I make the mistake even though my instincts told me to save my money?! This game doesn't even have improved graphics! It's just MW2 all over again with an extended story, but in essence the SAME GAME! You just payed full price for a second copy of MW2 which basically what this is! Plus, if the singleplayer wasn't bad enough the multiplayer wouldn't be so terrible if the servers were not filled with 7th grade fanboy kids who apparently know everything. Expand
  79. Nov 9, 2011
    Overall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some newOverall Disapointing. This is Clearly MW2 redone. Many error messages refer to MW2 when it crashes, many of the ini files still say MW2. The graphics are now dated, and nothing has been done to improve them since MW2. the SP story is still as inane and bizarre as always, and very short, it only took me 3 hours or so to complete it. MP is okay, pretty much the same as blops with some new perks and maps. More of the same so many will likeit.

Over all i dont think this was worth £40, it feels more like a map-pack and new scenario.
  80. Nov 9, 2011
    Shame on Activision for blatant copy paste. I am sure this game will still get record sales. Even for free, I doubt I would play it.

Single player - they even copy pasted objects and textures from previous installments. There is a youtube video showing how buildings were copy pasted into MW3.

The story is ridiculous. Multi player - boring and hasn't changed since mw2.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    No ranked dedicated servers, IWNET, 12 year old tech, no vehicles in MP, small maps....essentially the same game as COD4 just prettier. If you played BlackOps, MW2 and World At War...this is just a revision. Not worth the $60. Recommend nobody buys it. IW and Activision need to try harder if they want our dollars. They know what PC gamers want but they refuse to give it to us. If you loveNo ranked dedicated servers, IWNET, 12 year old tech, no vehicles in MP, small maps....essentially the same game as COD4 just prettier. If you played BlackOps, MW2 and World At War...this is just a revision. Not worth the $60. Recommend nobody buys it. IW and Activision need to try harder if they want our dollars. They know what PC gamers want but they refuse to give it to us. If you love COD then by all means buy it...don't come pollute Battlefield with your noobishness. Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Yet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully thisYet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully this trend blows over so progress can be made int he industry. Expand
  83. Nov 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be brief: i am deeply disapointed! MW is a great franchise and i have played most of their games. Activision has unfortunatelly a pure money driven institution more and more neglecting their clients. MW 3 is - at their best - a MW 2 1.5 trying to make up for an old engine with spectacular scripts, but that is, sorry to say, not enough.

Especially compared to rival Battlefield 3 the decision for me was easy: i switched to Battlefield which engine is providing players with incredible sound, dust and light effects with bullets whistling next to your head making the adventure so real.

Forget MW3 buy Battlefield 3. Enter the war and feel it.....
  84. Nov 9, 2011
    As it says right in the games description, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to the previous game in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2." It really is a direct sequel, and that is putting it lightly. This game is all about staying tried and true with popular belief. If you own Modern Warfare 2, then you should feel like your picking up right where you left off asAs it says right in the games description, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to the previous game in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2." It really is a direct sequel, and that is putting it lightly. This game is all about staying tried and true with popular belief. If you own Modern Warfare 2, then you should feel like your picking up right where you left off as this is basically an over the top DLC, with no innovative content to be seen. If you like playing the same game since 2007, be my guest. Expand
  85. Nov 9, 2011
    Hm what to say...I havent played bf3 yet, and i probably wont do so in the future, so a comparison would be crap. So well....activision and IW have once again done it...theyll earn millions of dollars with crap that hasnt innovated since mw...mw was a great shooter,the story was just thrilling,even if short, and the multyplayer was plain awesome...to everyone new to cod ill suggest you toHm what to say...I havent played bf3 yet, and i probably wont do so in the future, so a comparison would be crap. So well....activision and IW have once again done it...theyll earn millions of dollars with crap that hasnt innovated since mw...mw was a great shooter,the story was just thrilling,even if short, and the multyplayer was plain awesome...to everyone new to cod ill suggest you to get either modern warfare or CoD2...cod2 is just a good game, and with mw youll get the same stuff you would get with mw 3 for about a third of the price (its even better balanced)...its a shame that people keep buying this trash...the single player lacks the intense of previous games, it seems even shorter...and then again the lame try on producing some controversy, just like the airport mission in mw2...just shows that the only thing those **** are aiming for is money....no new graphics, no new aspects,not even improved ones...the multyplayer is exactly in the same state as the singleplayer,the only improvements taken are some additions to kill streaks...which seem to be stolen from either homefront or other fps...LONG STORY SHORT COMPARISON: its ridiculous that they keep on making money with the same crap as before, but because morons buy this trash they will produce the same crap on and on...Im just waiting for the massive whining when they again release dlcs usually worth 3 dollars and sell them for 20 dollars...but then again people will buy it...cod history should have ended after mw Expand
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is absolute garbage. The campaign just felt absolutely forced and was completely forgettable by the end of it. Spec Ops is trash because zombies in WaW and Black Ops was just so much better. Not to mention you were able to play it with upto 3 other people that you know! Where's the fun in fighting endless enemies with only one other person? There is no fun in that. On toGame is absolute garbage. The campaign just felt absolutely forced and was completely forgettable by the end of it. Spec Ops is trash because zombies in WaW and Black Ops was just so much better. Not to mention you were able to play it with upto 3 other people that you know! Where's the fun in fighting endless enemies with only one other person? There is no fun in that. On to multiplayer... the maps are the worst I have ever seen. The graphics are extremely dated, Battlefield 3 just completely slaughters this game. The textures are also horrendous! Everything about this game is re-used from Modern Warfare 2. This game doesn't feel fresh at all. All of the guns and skins are re-used... the menus as well... even some of the buildings and vehicles. The sounds of the guns are still bad, and some are the same as MW2. Battlefield 3 is just so much better. Sorry if the truth hurts. This game is just a bad DLC to a game that came out two years ago. Save your money! Expand
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Another year, another rehash of an aging game. Singleplayer continues on the same principles from previous games, and is fun for while it lasts (It's very short). Multiplayer is where it falls flat on it's face. It feels exactly the same as previous installments. It feels way to familar very quickly, leading to a dull and dry gaming experience. Graphics, animations and sound look and soundAnother year, another rehash of an aging game. Singleplayer continues on the same principles from previous games, and is fun for while it lasts (It's very short). Multiplayer is where it falls flat on it's face. It feels exactly the same as previous installments. It feels way to familar very quickly, leading to a dull and dry gaming experience. Graphics, animations and sound look and sound dated, which is no surprise considering the game runs on an old engine. It has fallen way behind the competition in almost every aspect. I genuinely feel ripped off. Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Its the same thing over an over again with recycled material. Honestly i dont mind playing COD but the amount map packs cost + "elite service" which should be f'in free, is insulting.
  89. Mar 27, 2013
    Not only this game has no improvement in either graphic or element from previous installment, it is also a poor console port. Just check for the DirectX error for this game in steam or other forum. It is a random error which causes crash to players, in either single or multiplayer. What a shame, especially for such a price! Will never buy this series anymore!
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    Worthless PoS, same EXACT lagfest as MW2, nothing changed at all, the maps blow, are WAY too small, and make absolutely NO sense. IW has destroyed a once great series.
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    Well , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , butWell , Single player is good so far over the top , but fun and entertaining . But here comes the bad , multiplayer is an absolute nightmare . I hate it ! They said they making the maps more like cod 4 "open map style game play "so that people can't camp so much in dark corners. LIE! even been a more camp friendly game. They said they are going to give us dedicated servers, sure , but they are unranked so you cant level. o and they told us this 2 days before release when i already ordered mine and payed.So they just lied to steal my money for a game i hate. I normally like IW's call of duty game play , but this is the worse cod ever! The perks suck , match making even worse then in mw2 , cant get my nat of strict no matter what , even turn of my rooter firewall and windows. Expand
  92. Nov 9, 2011
    Why could they not update the engine? Its really become tired. I cant be bothered to watch this cheese any more. WE WANT TO PLAY. WE WANT TO MAKE THE ACTION OUR SELVES otherwise why not just watch a film? The single player is better than bf3's TERRIBLE single player but its still below the standards we used to expect from FPS. What a disappointment.
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    Most expensive map pack ever made. Even looking at it as the standalone expansion that it is, its still not worth the $60 price tag. Basically you pay the usual $15 for the map pack, plus $45 for the 5 hour campaign. Yet, it will still sell millions of units. Stupid compulsive gamers.
  94. Nov 9, 2011
    What a deception ! it's again the same **** ! how the hell this game could be rated 90 ?? In 2006 this game would be awesome.. in 2011 it's the crappiest thing i have ever seen... so lame!
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 are u kidding me this engine makes the game look like cod 2, its not nearly as good as modern warfare 2. I am sick of cod fan boys that are lying to everybody that the game looks like mw2, game looks worse , much worse. It looks like u are playing on 800*600 resolution and aspect ratio of 4:3
    on max settings on my new rig (i72600k@4,6ghz, 8gb dd3, 5870 soc).
    To say that i
    on max settings on my new rig (i72600k@4,6ghz, 8gb dd3, 5870 soc).
    To say that i am dissapointed is an understatment. Looks like infinity ward, Treyarch left Activision cause of their greed for money. What else can drive them to put out such a bad game with video settings like ur playing on pc from 10 years ago.
    Battlefield 3 is a gamers heaven vs to this ****
    Any game has better graphics than this, like supermariofare3
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    The graphics are awful, the campaign is boring and the game is just overly awful. Not to mention the poor optimization for the PC version.

The only people who give this game good reviews are the asskissing review sites such as IGN and Gamespot.
  97. Nov 9, 2011
    Having already got Modern Warfare 2, tried MW 3 at a friends house and found no difference between Modern Warfare 3 and previous releases. It's practically took elements from COD 4 and MW2, and just edited the killstreaks and has new levels. It's not a new game at all, and does not warrant it's price tag. Same gameplay, graphics look the same, nothing unique. A total con in my opinion.
  98. Nov 9, 2011
    This is not what a PC FPS should be like. Activision still fails to deliver to the PC players. IWNET matchmaking failed miserably in MW2, and in 2 years Activision did not manage to understand and answer to the PC community, not one little bit. Unranked dedis are like a slap in the face, since the actual multiplayer mechanics have not changed at all. The graphics engine is ancient, and iThis is not what a PC FPS should be like. Activision still fails to deliver to the PC players. IWNET matchmaking failed miserably in MW2, and in 2 years Activision did not manage to understand and answer to the PC community, not one little bit. Unranked dedis are like a slap in the face, since the actual multiplayer mechanics have not changed at all. The graphics engine is ancient, and i mean really ancient. It looks exactly the same as its predecessors, because the engine is the exact same one. Fancier skins and textures don't help with that. I believe Activision will actually continue to release games based on that outdated engine as long as x360 and ps3 exist together with the idiots who buy them and this product... so, congratulations, there will be no innovation and technological progress in the coming years, guaranteed for by every individual who spent money on this. The one thing that really astonishes me though, is that they still release such PC gamer insulting software on the PC... PC gamers really hate Activisions guts for every COD after Modern Warfare 1. If they bother to release on the PC, why is it so hard to understand that players want the multiplayer experience of Modern Warfare 1, with DEDIs AND RANKs together... are they really that retarded? Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2011
    Same old story.
    Why is this not a dlc ? And why is this the only game on PC that cost 60 euro. I have all the other COD´s.
    i give it 1, because i think they are cheating people for money. a good thing is new maps.
  100. Nov 9, 2011
    I'am completly disappointed. Why ? Because MW3 is very similar to MW2. And both these games are much worse than MW1 (2007). Now is .... 2011 so I expected something better. It is my last CoD. Sorry .... Waste of money.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012