2.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Generic cash cow for Activision coming out yearly now. I remember when Call of Duty took more than 9 months for a "new" game. Really the game mechanics haven't changed since CoD4. Every year it is like a DLC pack that becomes the next game except this DLC costs $50 every time.
  2. Xem
    Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Big fan of COD4, this new one disapoint me, the lack of dedicated server from MW2 is still here, Activision don't listend what we say and what we need !
    It's just the same **** as before with a new name and they attempt us to be happy? Well, i think it's better to burn your money than buy this, at least you can enjoy the beautifull smoke comming out from the bill !

a big 0 for me, if negative rating were allowed it would be -10 !
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    My MW3 experience: Installed, started multiplayer, played for 30 minutes, quit, went back to playing Minecraft. that should sum up everything you need to know about MW3. The best way to describe it is a map pack for MW2 with some bugs thrown in.
    Campaign: continuation of MW2, same style, script twists, endings. gets pretty boring
    Multiplayer: maps are small, spawn right next to an
    Multiplayer: maps are small, spawn right next to an enemy, die, respawn next to another one, etc, the lack of ranked dedicated servers is a huge let down.
    every review I read or heard, all the videos leading up to the release, the dev interviews, made this game sound like it was going to blow away MW2 and BF3, well...
    I'm gonna go ahead and just say it, after all the hype, I'm voting this to be the most disappointing game of all time.
    Sticking with BF3.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was built on rankings; Infinity re invented that process and made it better with each installment of MW. Taking away rankings from PC players on dedicated servers just so they can plug their pay service Elite, is turning there back on the people who made the game a success, the players. With no improvement on the engine the game looks dated and in my opinion, fails to achieveThis game was built on rankings; Infinity re invented that process and made it better with each installment of MW. Taking away rankings from PC players on dedicated servers just so they can plug their pay service Elite, is turning there back on the people who made the game a success, the players. With no improvement on the engine the game looks dated and in my opinion, fails to achieve the vision of the original Infinity founders. I don't know any of any clan members who played the single player campaign since the original MW, so I don't think that is important at this time. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign is one of the greatest in game history.
    The graphics are overdated little bit but still glorious.
    The sounds and the atmosphere is wonderful as expected.
    The multiplayer is real fun.
    Of course it has some negative sides too.
    But all 0(zero) reviewers on here are bf fanboys.
    My real note is 9 but I give 10 coz of bf fanboys keeping to give it 0
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    just an expensive DLC, didnt change anything.... New concepts seems recycled and boring...

just another money maker for Activision.
    as a hardcore gamer (and I know im probably a 0.001% of the gaming community)
    Im very disappointed.
    ggbb.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    The job they did for the PC is pitiful. No console to change anything. No way to change the FOV, a 90fps cap and no dedicated servers for ranked games. It's just disgraceful.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    It's November again and that means a few things. Cold weather is fast approaching and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. And it's time for our yearly dose of terrible video game from the guys at Activision.

Where should i start? Oh yes, the fact they've been re-releasing the same game for 4 years now. Now I admit. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was a great game. Had a good Singleplayer and the multiplayer was fun but slightly off balanced. Then came Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. Oh ok the game looks slightly better. It continues the decent story line form the first game. But changed absolutely nothing from the multiplayer. If you look past the Singleplayer it's essentially a 60 dollar patch and map pack for MW1. Then comes this game. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3. Oh man there are a LOT of problems with this one. The engine. It's starting to show it's age. The graphics are tired and boring and look like the same shades of yellow and brown we got with MW2. The singleplayer is dreadfully short 3-6 hours depending on how skilled you are. The story felt rushed and was poorly written. The price. $60? For a PC game? Are you kidding? 60 dollars for somthing that's pretty much a map pack for MW2? (By the way, this game runs off the same .exe as MW2)

The multiplayer that was once refreshing and fun is now just boring and stale they haven't added any new features that actually make the game feel new or fresh again. Just the same old run and shoot. Small maps, changed stats on guns etc.

And you wanna know the worst part about this game? It doesn't even have anything to do with the game. One of the devs on this game a guy by the name of Glen Schofield is virtually pleading for users to come on this site, lie and inflate the user score of his game. This game deserves the user scores it's getting. Don't be mislead by the lies of their fanbase

This game is a horrible mess and you should never ever ever buy another Call of Duty game.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    we play that game a lot at 2009 now you make it only servers then you call it new game for just more $$.you can make all the new things as DLC for 10$ not new game .I will not lost my money for second time.I hate black ops servers not server in my **** I did't enjoy the online .now i feal the game just copy and paste.even the Grenades saunds like COD2 till now !!
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is horrible, you cant even create ranked custom games so that you can farm xp with your friends then be 12 years old and camp in corners and just win all day. How dumb. Also guys have guns and shoot at you, I need a game where the other players can't shoot back because I'm pretty bad.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Complete rehash of the previous squeals, defiantly feeling buyers remorse, waste of money and time, this game needs a entire new team of developers if this is going to change, complete failure on their behalf, also. One more thing, Glen Schofield asking your twitter followers to up the ratings is low, you should be ashamed as a developer.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I was excited to see this game, I played COD 4 and MW2 for the story, never bothered with multiplayer until Black Ops. The story is what I wanted, and what I got was a childrens book. Graphics? What graphics? I've seen this game before, oh yeah, MW2, christ, even COD 4. You expect some sort of quality when you send £45 on a product, if I went to the butchers and bought a legI was excited to see this game, I played COD 4 and MW2 for the story, never bothered with multiplayer until Black Ops. The story is what I wanted, and what I got was a childrens book. Graphics? What graphics? I've seen this game before, oh yeah, MW2, christ, even COD 4. You expect some sort of quality when you send £45 on a product, if I went to the butchers and bought a leg of lamb for £30, got home just to find its a hollowed out carcus with maggots inside, I would be entitled to a full refund, why not with this? The campaign was far too short, remember the days when the story of a game would be a decent play through of about 12-16 hours? This one barely hits 4, and that's with toilet breaks, snack breaks, and a small nap due to boredom. To be frank, I think I have had orgasms longer than the length of this game. Now, the multiplayer. Oh my good hypothetical higher being and sole creator. I played 1 hour of this so called" multiplayer, and I felt like crying after the first 6. The maps are smaller than shanty houses in brazil. The maps are poorly designed. I would love to be able to defend it, and the Christians would love to prove God is real, so its not happening. The guns are the same as the ones from MW2, did they really not bother at all? The character models are also the same, I really cant think of anything original about this game, damn, even the cover of the case which this diabolical mess comes in is as generic as you could imagine. If you have gotten this far into the review, then you are probably aware that I hold no place for this "game" in my heart. Don't go anywhere yet, there is more. Hardened Edition? Special Edition? Soldier Wannabe Edition? I Bought This Game To Reassure My Mum I'm Still A Virgin Edition? How many bloody editions do you need? Its the same "game", just comes with some crappy little toys or a metal case, OH MY GOD!!! METAL CASE!!!!! I keep my tobacco in one of those and it doesn't make it any better. Seriously, stop bringing out all of these stupid editions, its a game, people want the disc, well most people, there are a select few losers who will happily hand over there bar mitzvah money to pay for a little toy to go with their "game". Also, Activision, I have no doubt you have one of your mindless slaves going though all of these reviews, so the following goes to said mindless slave- Report back to your masters at Activision HQ, presumably on the side of a volcano, and tell them that they shall never get a penny of my hard earned cash ever again. It's mine, I worked for it, I will only give it to somebody else if they have worked for it, you haven't. Stop making these DLC's, they are a rip off, you are practically stealing. The profits you make, damn, if I made that much I would get done for racketeering. You make enough money, you don't need anymore, you have more than enough to guarantee that you will live a better life than me and most other gamers. Give some to charity, do something good with the money. Last but not least, next year when Call of Duty: Whatever You Call It comes out, I shall not be buying it, and I hope that there are enough people out there who are smart enough to see that there are better games out there that have actually had a bit of work put in to them, and they wont be buying your game. Toodles. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Rating it a 0. Regret buying the game, complete copy and paste of mw2, the graphics are the same if not worse on PC, i can not speak for the Console versions but on PC, the lack of dedicated servers has completely ruined the multilayer experience all over again, the maps are horrible, most of them are too small for 16 players and between the horrible lag i find my self spawning into gunRating it a 0. Regret buying the game, complete copy and paste of mw2, the graphics are the same if not worse on PC, i can not speak for the Console versions but on PC, the lack of dedicated servers has completely ruined the multilayer experience all over again, the maps are horrible, most of them are too small for 16 players and between the horrible lag i find my self spawning into gun fire constantly. I really wanted to give this game a chance but i regret buying it. The single player mode is what you would expect , very similar to Mw2, the story line is predictable and very linear. Would not recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a map pack for call of duty mw2. Would you pay $60 for a map pack? All they did was change the 2 to a 3. I would have given it a five but after reading about how they were trying to boost metacritic scores I needed to bring the score down to where it belongs.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    I am being honest when saying this, I did not enjoy this game, It feels like I've played it all before, and the numbing explosions didn't help at all, if I wanted explosions I would watch a Christian Bale film. While the game itself isn't bad, Its Call of Duty, one of the greatest game franchises, you'd be a liar if you said you have never had fun on a COD game. But now its being milked,I am being honest when saying this, I did not enjoy this game, It feels like I've played it all before, and the numbing explosions didn't help at all, if I wanted explosions I would watch a Christian Bale film. While the game itself isn't bad, Its Call of Duty, one of the greatest game franchises, you'd be a liar if you said you have never had fun on a COD game. But now its being milked, to death, and the fact that the DEVS are asking people to blindly up vote the game on this site is disgusting. Now for other issues I've had, the FPS is capped at 90 for me, and I can't change the FOV, the FPS thing isnt much of a problem, but the FOV cap is giving me serious headaches, Black ops and COD4 had an option, why doesn't this game? Its a serious step back in the franchise when you leave out something you had 3 games ago. PC always has gotten the short end of the stick, but this, man this is just unforgivable,the lack of consideration for a good portion of the fans is blatant and I am actually questioning if this game was worth even the 30 dollars I paid to my friend who bought it but found out he couldn't run it. So to sum the game up, its a map pack with a few new things, its mostly just a reskin, same sounds, same story, same modes, while there are a few new ones, overall its just a rehash, and a poor one at that.
    1/10, this is not a full game, this is an expansion pack.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    i waited out side all night for this game, pre purchased too of course and needless to say..
    this game is EPIC!!!
    definitely worth the money and wait
    the new unlocks and guns are awesome, good graphics and game play
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    Que de deception ! aucun renouveau si ce n'est quelques carte en plus ! de la poudre au yeux ! on à l'impression que les developpeur se sont endormis sur un succes qui est perte de qualité ! payer autant pour cela c'est prendre le joueur pour une vache a lait ! c simple MW c fini pour moi !
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    VERY disappointing. I'm a 36yo LONG STANDING COD fan (I like BF but always preferred COD and player COD 90% of the time with many friends in a clan (the majority of our clan is disappointed). There is practically nothing new here worth any $ at all. A few new killstreaks (and killstreak chains), different weapons and unlock system. new maps, Insignificant NON RANKED ONLY dedicated servers,VERY disappointing. I'm a 36yo LONG STANDING COD fan (I like BF but always preferred COD and player COD 90% of the time with many friends in a clan (the majority of our clan is disappointed). There is practically nothing new here worth any $ at all. A few new killstreaks (and killstreak chains), different weapons and unlock system. new maps, Insignificant NON RANKED ONLY dedicated servers, generaly played with the MW2 matchmaking system, Still no way to VOTE KICK jerks or hackers... I've seen more new stuff in a map pack... I'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED... Collapse
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    Any follow on game will have devoted followers who may be disappointed with the new game. Developers change displays and controls for a 'fresh look', etc... However when controls are changed due to the predominance of a certain platform, there is a problem. The changed control(s) that I am speaking about is the ability to 'lean' around the corners and shoot. I am not a RNG guy; I playAny follow on game will have devoted followers who may be disappointed with the new game. Developers change displays and controls for a 'fresh look', etc... However when controls are changed due to the predominance of a certain platform, there is a problem. The changed control(s) that I am speaking about is the ability to 'lean' around the corners and shoot. I am not a RNG guy; I play tactically. Now in this new version, I am forced to expose my body to get a shot off. There are very few hidey holes, you can't blend in with the bushes as would benefit snipers and defenders. Heck - you can't even jump up on top of many of the boxes and desks in a room to get a better angle shot. ACTIVISION - If you are going to build a game that is supposed to mimic wartime, then make a game that mimics wartime and doesn't exclusively cater to the RNG'rs and console players. You want my hard earned money? EARN IT!!! Call of Duty Black Ops was a much better effort than this. I AM DISAPPOINTED AND FEEL AS IF I WASTED MY MONEY. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    Activision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask whenActivision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask when they tried to sell this to me, the robbing B**t*rds. I have snapped the DVD's and binned them in frustration... and this is the last time i buy a Call of Duty Title.. If you want to be robbed in broad Daylight buy the game, otherwise steer clear and go for something like BF3... Arrrrrghhhh SO ANNOYED !!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    I was till this game a fan of MW series. I'm not afraid of bugs or lags. But MW3 was a huge disappointment, cause it's a real degradation for the series. Now the graphic is more blurry, but cause it doesn't handle AA good, things like fences flicker. And really - that's not a graphic for 2011. The only thing why I brought the game was for the Story, everything else turned out unpolished and old.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Better than expected. I don't need better graphics (my PC is the same as MW2). I need a good story and making me feel I am inside an action film. I loved MW2 multiplayer (more than Black Ops) and I love MW3 multiplayer.
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    I have Black Ops on Xbox and MW3 on PC. The Campaign is what makes the game worth buying. The campaigns are incredible to say the least and worth about 40 dollars. The multiplayer deathmatch is a total waste of time of time and I would like to see it seperated from the game as an add on for 20 dollars. Its not fun because I see a lot of people who think others are cheating, and becauseI have Black Ops on Xbox and MW3 on PC. The Campaign is what makes the game worth buying. The campaigns are incredible to say the least and worth about 40 dollars. The multiplayer deathmatch is a total waste of time of time and I would like to see it seperated from the game as an add on for 20 dollars. Its not fun because I see a lot of people who think others are cheating, and because you die tooeasily. That being said I think a co-op would be better for this type of game; something like payday the heist with objectives. Expand
    Nov 11, 2011
    it was a real game. thanks ... every thing was goodit was a real game. thanks ... every thing was good ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who gives this game less then 5 is a compleet retard that doesn't know anything about revieuwing a game.

Storyline: 9/10
    Multiplayer: 8/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Engine: 5/10

I gave 10 because i have to counter al you retards and fanboys
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    2003- Call of Duty, perfect game for that time with good graphics, gameplay, AI etc. As a 13 old boy it was an ass-kick

2004- CoD United offensive i would say even better then CoD great sound, even better graphics with deadly gameplay 2005- Call of Duty 2 after Modern Warfare second best sequel of CoD series 2007- Modern Warfare uuhhhm i played it last time i think 2 weeks ago, of

2005- Call of Duty 2 after Modern Warfare second best sequel of CoD series

2007- Modern Warfare uuhhhm i played it last time i think 2 weeks ago, of course best game of whole CoD series

2008- World at War passable game, but...

2009- Modern Warfare 2 its not even half as good as MW, poor campaign, pour marketing move

2011- Modern marketing ohh Warfare 3, a game which gradually loses breath. If i was again 13 then maybe, but now it really sucks.
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    fully optimized compared to mw2 and do not feel lost in the map and is visually pleasing to the eyes.MW3 gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game...
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    I love COD im a fanboy. But to release a game like this is a joke. I'm prestige 15 in blackops and play it all the time. The idea that there are no dedicated ranked servers make this game a steaming pile of crap. I'll never play this game again. Waste of money and time. I won't play the next cod unless they have dedicated servers. Terrible terrible game. Absolutely Terrible.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    This will be the last Call of Duty game I will ever buy. Modern Warfare 2 were great on Xbox 360. Black Ops were great with dedicated servers. Then Infinity Wards decides to go back in time, and re-use peer 2 peer so people can cheat, and have massive **** lag. If you are looking for a competitive game, look for any game than this. Hopefully I wont get fooled again next year.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    Decent game, have both bf3 and mw3. Switch between the two when i get bored of it. Overall I enjoyed both games equally. Although I love battlefields ,multilayer more its a nice change to switch to mw3 once in awhile.
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise itMan, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2011
    I used to be fan of COD since COD2. But I am sorry enough is enough! This game is just same ol same! I may as well play MW2 and have exact same experience! Save your money and don't buy this game or you will be sorry as I am. P.S.
    It's looks like we are back in to 2007. Graphics are horrible for 2011!!!!!
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    This is just an attempt to get cash. Activision surpasses sales every year, but that's it for me.

Aspects: -Gameplay: MW2 with different perks, absurd amount of glitches that were forgotten to be fixed (quickscoping and such), relocation of the EXP counter, point killstreaks. That's it. -Graphics: Same old boring MW2 color scheme. Dated. REALLY dated. That crappy contrast and insanely

Aspects:

-Graphics: Same old boring MW2 color scheme. Dated. REALLY dated. That crappy contrast and insanely low poly models are only disguised by the mediocre textures.

-Sound: Horrible. Feels like the bullets are made of rubber. The gun sounds are boring, weird and repetitive. The rest is ported from MW2.

-Lacks vehicles.

-The game is unbalanced, and they brought back glitches from MW2.

There is nothing to like about this game. If you buy it, enjoy your 60 dollar map pack.
  34. Nov 13, 2011
    Ridiculously bad. It's a carbon copy of mw2 and and best should be called MW2.5. Same engine, too. I never really expect much from Activision anyways, since everyone who works there is a piece of dirt anyways. Same **** different november.
  35. Nov 13, 2011
    I mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay andI mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay and you can buy 4 copies for the price of this POS. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is so bad I don't know where to begin. It looks cartoony, you can't pick your own server, there's nothing new. Save your money. I played all the COD games and MW3 is so lame it's like a pre-version of all of them. Like they went backwards in development.
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 1, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3...
    Always the same game since 5 years (same engine, same IA, same scripts...).
    Activision does not care about players.
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    Geez I signed up on this site just so I could say how bad this is. What the hell were they thinking? Im so fecking tired of this stupid consolized **** Just check for the video "if quake was done today" and you see what I mean. total crap.
  39. Nov 14, 2011
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    IWnet is a matchmaking system to benefit who??? Does it match low ranks with other low ranks ... NO!
    IW promised us that they had listened to the PC community, listened to what we had cried out for. Dedicated servers was that cry so!!! So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    Dedicated servers was that cry so!!!
    So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the hackers and a ping that at best holds for one round maybe two.
    The game has so much promise and that is where the positive ends ... shot down in flames by lack of servers.
    Rehashed copy of MW2 with the usual ill treatment of PC gamers.
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    For this to be worth the $60, considering this is the exact same thing as MW2 with a different skin, IW would have to include all MP maps from MW2 plus DLC's. They don't owe us, the PC gamers anything, but in this case it's really not asking much . They didn't even go to the trouble to fix ANYTHING about people hacking (see: CoD: Elite for PC) BEFORE releasing their game on PC. SinceFor this to be worth the $60, considering this is the exact same thing as MW2 with a different skin, IW would have to include all MP maps from MW2 plus DLC's. They don't owe us, the PC gamers anything, but in this case it's really not asking much . They didn't even go to the trouble to fix ANYTHING about people hacking (see: CoD: Elite for PC) BEFORE releasing their game on PC. Since this is clearly a console port, take a tip and release the PC version at a later date. Take Arkham City for example...It's not even out yet for PC

The emblems and call signs are basically rehashed, updated art. The only thing that's changed really are the perks, and I do like how each class get's it's own specific kill streak option.

And then there's the huge dip in framerate when an occasional lobby map is loaded. But even that is overshadowed by other issues with this game. I haven't even based this review on Singleplayer since I haven't loaded it (rank 74?), but at this point i'd rather just buy Skyrim like I should have done in the first place.
  41. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best map pack yet for modern warfare 2, it comes with an all new campaign and spec ops missions and about 8 new multiplayer maps, yes they are all new and dont use any of the same layouts or buildings as call of duty 4 at all. The thing i like best about call of duty is how easy the multiplayer is, i just sit in a corner and fire until i run out of ammo, you have to buy thisThis is the best map pack yet for modern warfare 2, it comes with an all new campaign and spec ops missions and about 8 new multiplayer maps, yes they are all new and dont use any of the same layouts or buildings as call of duty 4 at all. The thing i like best about call of duty is how easy the multiplayer is, i just sit in a corner and fire until i run out of ammo, you have to buy this game to see its amazing visuals, probably the best ever visuals you will see on an IPAD ever, i dont get how they got this to work its amazing. Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously don't be a sheep and just blindly buy this game because it only motivate the publishers or creators to milk the game even more then it already. This game is practically a big map pack from MW2 and most of the building were reused
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    Really you wwant to **** about the reviews than do a better JOB. UNfu*king believable hacking already, **** servers, rehashed maps from previous games the list goes on and on and you know they will have some $20 add on in 3 months. Hey activision trying making a game thats fair for everybody or is that TTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to ask.
  44. Nov 14, 2011
    I think the overall comments presented are indicative of what I also feel -- rehash of Modern Warfare 2 AND reusing so much of MW2's assets. In fact, it's no where near as good as MW2 with it's extremely small maps (and thus spawn issues) and P2P crap.

It's really vexing that they resell the same game with slight modifications -- and THEN -- have the AUDACITY to price it at FULL price.
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    IW/ Activation really need to read and listen. I cant be bothered to go over the same negative's that have been mentioned time and time again.
    COD should cater online competitive play, regardless of the platform, a patch designed to iron out these can be EASILY made.
  46. Nov 14, 2011
    I made an account, just so i can submit a review for this terrible game.
    all this is, is a MW2 expansion pack... SAME exact thing as MW2, just new story and multiplayer maps...

Can they get any more original? at least they tried making a new game after CoD4, with MW2.. but this is just lazy..
  47. Nov 14, 2011
    Call of Duty franchise ended with Call of Duty 4. It was the best and last COD and the franchise should've ended there. But "No!", says the man in Activision. "We must milk this till the very end", he says. The result couldn't have been more obvious than it is: an overhyped game, with dated mechanics and visuals, more-of-the-same-crap-every-damn-year **** I'm not some Battlefield fanboy orCall of Duty franchise ended with Call of Duty 4. It was the best and last COD and the franchise should've ended there. But "No!", says the man in Activision. "We must milk this till the very end", he says. The result couldn't have been more obvious than it is: an overhyped game, with dated mechanics and visuals, more-of-the-same-crap-every-damn-year **** I'm not some Battlefield fanboy or COD-hater out there. Actually, I spent more time playing Call of Duty (in its golden years) than Battlefield now, so I KNOW what I'm talking about. Activision, THANK YOU for ruining such an awesome franchise. Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    Una gran Burla .mas de lo mismo .y mala calidad .tanta fanfarria y despues largan esta basura .....en la version PC ni siquiera tiene soporte para el manspo windows wireless xbox 360.una gran estafa a escala mundial.lamentable.al lado del Battlefield 3 no tiene nada que hacer.poco tiempo de juego en el modo campaña y casi imposible jugar en linea sin tener grandesUna gran Burla .mas de lo mismo .y mala calidad .tanta fanfarria y despues largan esta basura .....en la version PC ni siquiera tiene soporte para el manspo windows wireless xbox 360.una gran estafa a escala mundial.lamentable.al lado del Battlefield 3 no tiene nada que hacer.poco tiempo de juego en el modo campaña y casi imposible jugar en linea sin tener grandes problemas.despues del MW2 tendrian que haber cerrado la persiana y no seguir estafando a la gente .mi recomendacion es no compren este juego . compren otro juego .ahora si les agrada un puño dentro de su culo ,vayan a por el Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    Total over hyped trash, same game different year. Save yourself $60 and play the Call of Duty game you already have! This game should just be sold as a MW2 expansion pack. The game literally reuses textures and models from past CoD games, including CoD4.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    The game brings nothing new to the table. It could be a MW2 DLC pack with new sounds, maps and a gamemode. - At least for the online players. I mainly got this game for the spec ops. I loved it in MW2, perfect co-op that even beats the co-op BF3 has implemented in it. But this time it wasn't the case. Let me just say I was disappointed, and that's being quite polite. They created moreThe game brings nothing new to the table. It could be a MW2 DLC pack with new sounds, maps and a gamemode. - At least for the online players. I mainly got this game for the spec ops. I loved it in MW2, perfect co-op that even beats the co-op BF3 has implemented in it. But this time it wasn't the case. Let me just say I was disappointed, and that's being quite polite. They created more missions, a few of them on the side of a chopper like in old games where the game controls when you walk yourself to the point where new enemies get up and you have to shoot them. There was no nice missions like the ones in MW2 where you had to survive waves of enemies, and nothing as epic as the stealth missions they brought us in MW2.
    It surely feels like Modern Warfare 2, and you can feel the engine aging too. All that is new is the sounds and maps, so I feel like I've been paying full price for a map and weapon sound pack DLC, and saying this we all know how Call of Duty has overpriced their product to $10 more than any competing games. The game is for those who just want more of the old MW2 and play multiplayer with tubes and rushing in small maps - and that must be quite a lot judging by the sale numbers, was it 6.1 or 6.7 million copies on launch? That's amazing. I hope I wasn't the only disappointed within these people. I haven't completed the Singleplayer yet, but from what I've played it was quite.. boring. Also I feel that either the critics have been paid or they never played the old MW2 and MW1, or surely just likes to favor new game releases. Because the reviews they made gets this game a 81 out of 100 score on this reviews date, which is surely seen by us users to be lower.
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy.I have followed Call of Duty since the first release and I have to say this is the most mediocre release yet. Same is the word used to describe MW3. Same tired game, same tired graphics (in fact graphics in MW2 were better). I think that the game should have been sold as DLC instead of a stand alone. The single player, which usually the best feature of the package is ludicrously easy. It is not worth all the hype. Expand
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    This is Modern warfare 2 expansion pack for 60$. Single player campaign is ok. Multiplayer sucks. NO dedicated ranked server so Matchmaking sucks. Robert bowling is liar and i don't know how can anyone sleeps at night with all those lies. He is shameless, COD is dead. DO not buy this crap. Better support Indie games or MMORPG. Stay away from this piece of poop.
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engineSeriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engine and recycle decals and worlds. That gets old very fast. In this industry you NEED to stay on top and innovate. Recycling isnt pleasing us gamers. Also, Sledgehammer founder can seriously go *%$&% himself for asking supporters of the genre to vote "honestly" about this game. Um...duh we are!!! Your losing your supporters with craptastic games like this. Battlefield 3 story sucks but at least the multiplayer is how do you say? Epic, awesome, completely relevent and absolutely beautiful. Makes MW3 in all aspects look like something that will be in abundance at gamestops in two weeks in the used games section. Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    If you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence aboutIf you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence about getting this game, don't bother, waste of time and money. Expand
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    Multiplayer is worthless....maps are done with objects and graphics of 2 former series.
    Anyone see the cod4 helicopter?
    Maps too small, no servers, cheaters, lag, bad graphics. This is realy the worse COD i ever saw, i thought activisionstarted on the good way with blackops, after the utter disappointment mw2 was. For me, call of duty died with this game, another 60E hard worked for,
    Anyone see the cod4 helicopter?
    Maps too small, no servers, cheaters, lag, bad graphics.
    For me, call of duty died with this game, another 60E hard worked for, down the drain.
  56. Nov 14, 2011
    Stupid, rehash, noob, casual, **** get skrikm **** unless your gay.
    uhhnrkonbuvkwobnuvwinbvuriwbnvuyriwbvyri
    wbvurwibvygbyiwrbvywvbybyibywbvywyyyyy
  57. Nov 14, 2011
    Es una copia del MW2 total, no añaden nada nuevo y se estan dejando llevar por el nombre de la IP sin dar ninguna novedad ni arriesgarse en nada, ha llegado un punto en el que jugar al COD es lo mismo en su version 1 que 1.000 y, aunque no es un mal juego, pagar 70â
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a call of duty mw2 DLC, same graphics, same gameplay. Everything the same, I feel riped off! No ranked dedicated servers? Check. No adjustable FOV? Check. No real innovation from MW2? This is quite sad, I wish you guys could release an absolutely NEW GAME. Im going forBF3 im sorry.
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    Being 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before inBeing 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before in previous games and looking back we had. the story was stock standard military fiction which for the younger audence (alot of whole shouldnt be playing this game) would be fresh and new, but to anyone over the age of 18, who have read or watched military fiction in the past nothing should take you by surprise.

The Spec ops mode is the same out of MW2, this is no bad thing. Some of the missions alow you to play out campain segments but from the other sides view point, This is honestly the most interesting part of the game, particulary if you play the campain first. I wish all the spec op missions followed this structure but some are just copy paste and pick up these things on the way.

The online multiplayer i have very mixed feelings about. I am level 57 currently, so i have decent experence with the online. the strike packages idea is great. but the assult package is so flawed that over the comming weeks as players pick these things up it could ruin the multiplayer experence. The Assult package, what should be a high risk high reward set up is actualy low risk with very high reward. To prevent the loss of your streek you want to reduce the chances of your death, this means to be sucsessful with this package the player is best suited to perks that prevent equipment or killstreek deaths, aswell as useing silences and uav jamers /prevention perks. This realy encourages camping, 5 kills in a row is enough to get you steamrolling. this is a massive problem in there new gamemodes such as kill confirmed or classisc domination in wich players need to pick up objects to score / prevent score or be at specific locations.
    The "MLG Pro" culture CoD is pushing dosent help much eather. the community is full of "xXxpr0scop3zxXx" and "MLGn00bHuNtEr" that is equal parts sad tofrustrating seeing people on your team trying over and over again for "no scopz" and "kn1fe only" while i can see this could add a degree of chalenge for a player that they may enjoy, the more x's and z's in there name the more likely it is that they are trying to get footage.

apart from that The multiplayer is MW2, not bad, not that great eather. but if you get in to it prepare for as much grief as success.

Other grips with the game are:
    -minor graphical issues, and slightly dated graphics.
    -same ui assets, text fonts, etc.
    -character voices always rushed
    -military lingo used at every opputunity in and out of context.

but these things are so very minor that they dont realy effect how I would score the game, they just feel a little tacky. Like timber vinal in a car.

CoD is becoming the Justin Biber of the gaming world, Everyone but its super dedicated fanbase is seeing its problems. The currecnt fps's of today are all ready to drift to the background. CoD is lucky that there is nothing new or fresh in the market to compeate because sadly this will be the only online console fps realy played this season.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    ya so i herd this game was released like 5 years ago and apparently infinity ward decided to release the same game every year so they can earn money for hamburgerz?
  61. Nov 15, 2011
    Graphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multipleGraphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multiple times. Excellent Game! Expand
  62. Nov 15, 2011
    Yet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used inYet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used in Battlefield 3 but the question is is that all that matters? the graphics?. I am also a Battlefield fan and I've enjoyed playing BF3 as much as any of you do, but I do know that those 2 games arent the same. I'm impressed by bf3's graphics but MW3's Campaign story was just how I wanted all the other games i play to end. I have tried out the Multiplayer and I do agree that it has some similarities to Mw2. I cannot give this game a 10 out of 10 as there is always room for improvement. Expand
  63. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlookI'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlook the fact that it was ALMOST the same game, they were coming dangerously close to over saturating the series. Inevitably this happened a year later with black ops which was pretty much a clone of all that had been done before. After all this nonsense we hoped for a glimmer, modern warfare 3...a game which we all hoped would live up to the legacy. Unfortunately all modern warfare 3 really is is and exact replica of all that made up modern warfare 1 and 2. Nothing truly original was added to the experience. Activision has gotten all kinds of greedy. Forcing out games yearly at a full retail price knowing full well they are selling an unworthy product...not taking into account whether or not the consumer is getting what they paid for. The fact that the fans will buy it is apparently enough to justify tossing together some explosions and new maps and putting a new number on the end. All I ask is why? I am not a fan boy of one gaming device or the other, or one gaming series or another, just someone who doesn't understand why this is not only acceptable to you fans, but you will actually defend the games quality. Nothing is truly different about this game then the other major call of duty releases every year since 2007, nothing was stopping them from releasing small packages, more maps, more modes...nothing. Instead they put together not an inferior product, but a slap in the face. All of this has been done before. I've bought this before. You've bought this before. Before you think of buying this garbage and support these publishers who think it's ok to take advantage of loyal fans...think of what you could do to force them to make a modern warfare game that truly lives up to the standards of todays games. Was this much of a review? Not so much...not a rant either. I just want people to realize that the graphics are outdated, story still generic, game play rough, sound poor, and multiplayer virtually unchanged not because they can't but because they wont. Take a stand. Play your last call of duty if you have to a little longer until they see they can't treat people like dirt anymore. If you read this far I hope you see where I'm coming from and live up to my hopes that we will one day see a modern warfare 4 WORTH praising, not this thrown together mess, thank you. Collapse Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Expand
  64. Mar 6, 2012
    Very nice DLC you have there! But its not a game, just DLC. You are just used by EA to get more and more money. Learn to think please ;) Just look - everyone are paying that same cash for longer, better looking and better in storyline games.
  65. Nov 15, 2011
    El juego está muy bien, no tiene nada de malo, al contrario, es impresionantemente bueno. Battlefield es bueno también, graficamente hablando. Pero creo que hay que ser objetivos, un equipo de trabajo cuando se esmera y esfuerza para entregar un producto de calidad, se nota. Y en este caso, Infinity Ward demostró que hicieron un trabajo impecable.

¿Juegos

¿Juegos malos? CLARO QUE LOS HAY!

-Breed
    -Kreed
    -The Renegade
    -Matrix Path of Neo

ESOS SON JUEGOS MALOS. Pero no este juego, que les pasa imbéciles? Ahora no piensan? no distinguen lo bueno de lo malo? Mi más grande apoyo al equipo de MWF3, Battlefield es un excelente juego, y también sería injusto que recibiera una mala calificación. Hay que ser justo en la vida, y ahora yo estoy siendo justo.

RaideR, desde Chile.
  66. Nov 16, 2011
    Same game, same engine, same models, pretty some maps in solo are copy/pasta too. Not going to rant about the scenario since it always been pretty much stupid, glad however that your main character doesn't die every ten bloody seconds in cutscenes, gameplay is the same nothing surprising Multiplayer is the same, just a couple of new maps, the coop was quite nice actually
    All in all, it's
    All in all, it's not a bad game but the feeling of have been scamed is here, feel like I bought a pre used game at full price
  67. Nov 16, 2011
    To be fair to Activision this is an absolutely solid game the combat works the campaign is good.
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    Besides new perks and an on-line service (that does not work) there is absolutely nothing we haven't done yet. While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are judging the game.

Most reviews have viewed this as a blank slate and do not take the previous games into consideration while gamers view it in the idea of what new experiences can I have in this game.
    Playing the game I can really only view it as a glorified expansion to MW2 and as I have played this game before there is no feeling that the developers pushed anything but advertisements in peoples faces.

Overall if you are new to the series this is still an excellent game to start out with but if you are like me and are a Hardened veteran of the series and have waited for this game prepare to be disappointed because you have already played this game before it just has a 3 next to it this time.
    This game is nothing but a cash in and betrays the people who have supported it for so many years.
  68. Nov 16, 2011
    Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.
    P.S. Modern Warfare 4? Let's wait!
  69. Nov 16, 2011
    It's a solid game with the strongest singleplayer of the entire series with some amazing moments and decent visuals for the ageing engine. Coop is solid with survival mode and spec op missions. The multiplayer maybe more of the same but thats not a bad thing as the majority still love it.
  70. Nov 16, 2011
    I got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyedI got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyed the huge difference from CoD. But overall i think MW3 wins, of course this is my opinion Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2011
    Single player Gameplay was fun, but PAINFULLY short. Really ?! I can't believe it was done so quickly. Decent engine, but could be better graphics, I could overlook the graphics if the gameplay was better or longer, but really just not worth the money. Dedicated servers not ranked, and unlike Black Ops, only one type of server. How to fix the game so I don't feel ripped off.. 1) MORESingle player Gameplay was fun, but PAINFULLY short. Really ?! I can't believe it was done so quickly. Decent engine, but could be better graphics, I could overlook the graphics if the gameplay was better or longer, but really just not worth the money. Dedicated servers not ranked, and unlike Black Ops, only one type of server. How to fix the game so I don't feel ripped off.. 1) MORE single player content, double it - way too fast of a play for the money 2) balance the weapons. 3) more creative and larger maps Overall not horrible, but not worth the money. at this point it will be my last COD purchase unless it is drastically improved Expand
  72. Nov 17, 2011
    As a pc user I feel completely neglected. It is quite clear that activision does not care about pc users and that the game is purely made for consoles.(BAD graphics, BAD sound effects, loading screens and menu's that look like a 3year old made, they could of just copied mw2 menu's and it would of looked 10x as good, and no PC version of COD Elite (not that I would of payed for somethingAs a pc user I feel completely neglected. It is quite clear that activision does not care about pc users and that the game is purely made for consoles.(BAD graphics, BAD sound effects, loading screens and menu's that look like a 3year old made, they could of just copied mw2 menu's and it would of looked 10x as good, and no PC version of COD Elite (not that I would of payed for something that SHOULD BE FREE).
    My score of 4 goes to the singleplayer which, neglecting the bad graphics, was very entertaining and had a nice atmosphere due to awesome effects, music and action.
  73. Nov 25, 2011
    I know that this game doesn't deserve a 0, but it doesn't deserve a 10 either. I don't know why some critic reviewers would give this game a 100, there is just no way. And many zeros from the user reviews would only indicating that this game need more works. In my honest opinion, the game play is fun, but it 'd get boring quickly after having played it for 5 years. The campaign is short,I know that this game doesn't deserve a 0, but it doesn't deserve a 10 either. I don't know why some critic reviewers would give this game a 100, there is just no way. And many zeros from the user reviews would only indicating that this game need more works. In my honest opinion, the game play is fun, but it 'd get boring quickly after having played it for 5 years. The campaign is short, and I expected more out of it. The multiplayer is quick-pace, with the same old COD game play so it is fine in that aspect. The biggest CONS to this game is the works that had been put into this game. Other recent games that get released (Skyrim, BF3, GTA V, etc) got like major upgraded, except for CODMW3. They have been using the same engine for five years. Unlike other games, I don't think they can ever pull one of the old favorite maps from their older version to the newer version of the game as a dlc, because the die-hard players would be able to realized that "Hey, this is the same game!" Activision is really only want to make a quick bucks by copying and pasting... I have only played MW3 for about a week. I really don't want COD series to die because I still remember all the times I had fun playing it. I just hope that this is a big wake up call to the developers so that they'd decide to do something big for the next release if they have seen so many negative reviews on both consoles' and PC's users. I'd have giving MW1 and MW2 a 9/10. World of War with a 6, and BlackOps with an 8. I wish I can give MW3 higher than a 3, but I expected more out of it. I want it to have a low rating to wake up the developers, that's all. So if I have to waste another 60 dollars, it would be worth it. Expand
  74. Nov 19, 2011
    If anyone expected this game to be differant they obviously didn't realize that business is ran a certain way. MW3 is obviously a continuation - And I Love It

They continued the single player story perfectly with all the favorite characters.
    I won't say this game is perfect - It's got alot of the same stupid bugs as the last games. BUT IT IS GREAT FUN TO PLAY!
  75. Nov 19, 2011
    this low score is due to the idiots who can not enjoy a good game rather than get involved with the game, they are more concerned with minimum graphics detail.
  76. Nov 19, 2011
    Wow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or justWow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or just plain stupid, look at the title... It's the next in a SERIES of MODERN WARFARE games. Yes they will have similarities THEY ARE IN THE SAME TRILOGY. It makes you seem dumb when you complain about similarities in games with the same name, just saying. It is much more than an expansion and the graphics are much better, maybe your computer is just outdated because it looks fantastic on mine. Modern Warfare 3 is the best call of duty so far and I highly recommend buying it if you enjoyed MW1 and MW2. Don't let the haters make the decision for you. Expand
  77. Feb 9, 2012
    I don't really know how they've managed it, but they've released a game with even less features than the last. I am aware that black ops and Modern warfare 3 were made by different developers, the amount of new online options that black ops introduced just makes MW3 look pretty small time. The story line in this installment is the worst of the three, a lot of it doesn't link up properly,I don't really know how they've managed it, but they've released a game with even less features than the last. I am aware that black ops and Modern warfare 3 were made by different developers, the amount of new online options that black ops introduced just makes MW3 look pretty small time. The story line in this installment is the worst of the three, a lot of it doesn't link up properly, or you're character is thrown in at the beginning of every mission via typical helicopter crash which left me pretty confused as to what was going on.

Now for the Online, I don't think I really need to go over what I said earlier about the lack of features, however it really can't be ignored, Why didn't Infinity Ward just take a page out of Treyarch's book and try to do something different with the franchise instead of just spewing out the same **** for 3 games? But seriously, I could have played the new MW3 multiplayer and thought it was a new DLC pack for MW2 if somebody told me it was.

I got this game on sale for £20, and I feel like it was £10 too much for what is essentially an expansion pack onto the last two games. I think it's laughable that the Modern Warfare Call of Duty games can even be considered a series. It is essentially an online multiplayer with a terrible and badly written story stuck on the side with blu tac. If you're looking for a fun, online multiplayer game, I'd suggest looking at Counter Strike, Team fortress 2 (free to play), or Gotham City Imposters, all cheaper and much more fun to be had.
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RIP Sandman, Soap, Ghost, Yuri. Graphic: same as all ways so you want be disappointed but you wont be thrilled. Story: great storyline since cod4 and i think that it got epic ending. Music: epic in the right moments. Characters: love them and miss them. Gameplay: absence of some kind of training but because game is same as previous titles its not so hard to get .. SP is maybe short but every fps is short lately (MoH, BF3) Also this is review of someone who hates all COD games and activision.. MoH forever!!â Expand
  79. Nov 26, 2011
    This game sucks for the following reasons:
    - The maps are worse than MW2
    - The visuals haven't improved one bit compared to previous COD titles - The game looks outright ugly compared to Battlefield 3 - They still stick to this ridiculous multiplayer matchmaking scheme on PC - Call of Duty Elite... And worst of all Steam won't give me a refund for this game. I "blame" Nintendo because
    This game sucks for the following reasons:
    - The maps are worse than MW2
    - The visuals haven't improved one bit compared to previous COD titles
    - The game looks outright ugly compared to Battlefield 3
    - They still stick to this ridiculous multiplayer matchmaking scheme on PC
    - Call of Duty Elite...

And worst of all Steam won't give me a refund for this game. I "blame" Nintendo because they send the message to these business managers at these game studios to focus on the brand and gameplay and forget investing in the technology. I hope Call of Duty falls flat on its face as a franchise if they stick to this model. UT2k3 may have done OK but UT2k4 was epic failure. Your time will come CoD, mark my words!
  80. Nov 26, 2011
    Even a game that is deemed to be a copy of a previously released version should be given more than a 2. The game isn't bad. Are there many new innovative game mechanics? No. Is it a game worthy of a 2? God no.
  81. Jan 18, 2012
    This game in terrible from the start to end. Bad gameplay, bad desigh, terrible graphics and more. Call of Duty sucks becouse these game is for kids and console boys. End.
  82. Feb 17, 2012
    Multiplayer is what I rate. My rating: terrible.
    Same terrible weapon balance: some guns recoil like mad, leaving you in state of shock after your gun goes all over the screen as you try to hit opponent more than 4 times (yeah, it takes 6 bullets to kill anyone), and they take you down with 2-3 hits from a gun that doesn't seem to move at all when shooting.
    Same good old matchmaking - lags
    Multiplayer is what I rate. My rating: terrible.
    Same good old matchmaking - lags are terrible despite everyone having "4 bars" connection, cheaters are never banned, players instantly teleporting left-right when you aim at them (bad game design, same as MW2).
    New: dedicated servers. Only unranked. Pointless, as the only point in call of duty series is to get points to progress to better guns, get prestige rating and re-do it all from the start.
    Same old graphics. They're not bad, in my opinion. But everything looks toy-ish. Its hard to tell enemy from wall, everything looks the same (or I became completely color-blind suddenly). Colors are way too dull. When you aim, you can't see anything other than your iron sights - it all goes blurred.
    New maps. Terrible as you can't camp anywhere. Terrible because your field of view seems to be limited to 60-70 degrees (tiny), and there is a ridiculous amount of 90-degree turns (if you look straight ahead, you will not see anything on your side).
    I pre-ordered every COD after modern warfare (WaW, MW2, BO) and decided to skip MW3 entirely, knowing what it was going to be same old Modern Warfail 2 Refresh (judging by interviews). Sadly, I wasn't wrong about this game.
    Thanks, Steam, for the free weekend! Now I know I won't be buying this game!
  83. Dec 17, 2011
    The single player campaign gets a 6 in my opinion. That is the only factor that offsets the games overall score. It "finishes" the story set in motion by the second game although it is quite tacky. Now the multiplayer is what I really buy these games for. In regards to this, this game is one of the biggest failures I have ever played. I have never in the 20 hours of online game playThe single player campaign gets a 6 in my opinion. That is the only factor that offsets the games overall score. It "finishes" the story set in motion by the second game although it is quite tacky. Now the multiplayer is what I really buy these games for. In regards to this, this game is one of the biggest failures I have ever played. I have never in the 20 hours of online game play connected to a server that was not laggy. I'd fire 5 bullets into a person's chest and before he even got the first shot off I'd have already died. The only reason I can still play this game is because of its hardcore mode, and that too is difficult to play without a proper server to connect to. Expand
  84. Dec 28, 2011
  85. Jan 15, 2012
    Ok seriously. MW1 was good. MW2 was better. But MW3 is a joke! You pay 59.99$ just for 16 new map (that use the same old engine as MW1 released in 2006). Activision need to stop thinking about making money and let developer work on a new graphic engine, and real innovation. This game is a copy-paste from MW1 , MW2, BlackOps. And it's frustrating, this company is crap, they just want ourOk seriously. MW1 was good. MW2 was better. But MW3 is a joke! You pay 59.99$ just for 16 new map (that use the same old engine as MW1 released in 2006). Activision need to stop thinking about making money and let developer work on a new graphic engine, and real innovation. This game is a copy-paste from MW1 , MW2, BlackOps. And it's frustrating, this company is crap, they just want our money. I hope next year COD9 will be a commercial failure because people have to stop buying this game so they will do something about it. Like developping something new? Because right now it is just a ridiculous joke. Expand
  86. Jan 16, 2012
    Very disappointed in this game. No innovation, same past game repackaged. Same kill streak system, same type of icon style, same prestige system, same same same. Played through the FP mode on hard in less than 3 hours. Cheating is out of control. No Anti-cheat system. No real dedicated server system, so you can't play with your friends or play in modes that you like. IWnet is a bland p2pVery disappointed in this game. No innovation, same past game repackaged. Same kill streak system, same type of icon style, same prestige system, same same same. Played through the FP mode on hard in less than 3 hours. Cheating is out of control. No Anti-cheat system. No real dedicated server system, so you can't play with your friends or play in modes that you like. IWnet is a bland p2p system that tries to make everyone happy and fails. Absolutely not worth $60 or even $40. Expand
  87. Jan 17, 2012
    It's not even funny guys... I'm not a Call of Duty fan but if you are, they're not going to try if you'll just blindly buy anything that they put out.
  88. Jan 19, 2012
    Charging 60 dollars for a game with the broken multiplayer being the forefront of the title is the worst thing this company could have done. Hackers nearly every game due to VACs horrible anti cheat procedures. No way to see exact ping and the bars go by such a big number even one less than you will result in missed shots. Until they release an actual game with actual anti-cheat, andCharging 60 dollars for a game with the broken multiplayer being the forefront of the title is the worst thing this company could have done. Hackers nearly every game due to VACs horrible anti cheat procedures. No way to see exact ping and the bars go by such a big number even one less than you will result in missed shots. Until they release an actual game with actual anti-cheat, and actual ping displays I won't be giving them any more of my money, I wish I could get my money back for this trash. Expand
  89. Jan 23, 2012
    By far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old sameBy far, the worst in the series. Singleplayer and spec ops are great; but spec ops gets kinda boring over long stretches even though its great. Singleplayer loses replay value after second time through or first through on Veteran. Multiplayer is complete garbage. Unbalanced, terrible level design, even MORE focused on killstreaks. Good music, good sound. Graphics are still same old same old. Gold camos are done in a stupid way; if you don't have specular maps the entire gun is chocolate brown. would've been better if they'd done it the same way as in CoD4. MW2-style red dot sight is missing, even though it was in a trailer. Horrid community. IW has forgotten that PC got them out there in the first place, and now they're giving us the finger. I'm no longer buying anything by Infinity Ward. Ever. Expand
  90. Mar 3, 2012
    This had to be my worst game purchase in recent times. Single player is alright but multiplayer pales in comparison to the other popular shooter out there. After all these years, the gameplay has not changed much and in fact I had more fun in the first modern warfare than this. The use of match making, using random players as hosts result in frequent lags. I have learnt my lesson and IThis had to be my worst game purchase in recent times. Single player is alright but multiplayer pales in comparison to the other popular shooter out there. After all these years, the gameplay has not changed much and in fact I had more fun in the first modern warfare than this. The use of match making, using random players as hosts result in frequent lags. I have learnt my lesson and I will never buy a fps game without dedicated servers ever again. Also, I have encountered more hackers in this game than others and the developer doesn't seem to care. The gameplay does not change much from the previous games in the series, other than poorer maps. There is hardly any tactical or teamwork aspect which makes it stale fast. Moreover, each game lasts 10 mins or less. It's over when you haven't really get started.

To sum up, this game is NOT worth your money, even if it's on sale. This series actually gets worse with each new edition. There are other shooter out there which deserves our hard-earned money more.
  91. Jan 24, 2012
    This Game is the worst game ive played, the graphics are incredibly bad, the hole game is made for snipers as the is the most over powered weapon the game has been made for 10 year old kids. the game is to easy point and shoot. this game is unlike cod4, I would say MW2 was better Tbh better ,maps guns etc, also kill streaks are over rated in the game. From being a gamer DONT BUY THIS GAMEThis Game is the worst game ive played, the graphics are incredibly bad, the hole game is made for snipers as the is the most over powered weapon the game has been made for 10 year old kids. the game is to easy point and shoot. this game is unlike cod4, I would say MW2 was better Tbh better ,maps guns etc, also kill streaks are over rated in the game. From being a gamer DONT BUY THIS GAME get your self a nice copy of BF3 ! Expand
  92. Feb 3, 2012
    The original Call of Duty was great, but now, it is a complete joke! It's too cliche, too over-rated and more to the point MODERN WARFARE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLDER ONES!
  93. Feb 1, 2012
    I find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, hostI find it unfortunate that we have sold, this game is a continuation of MW2, I regret spending money on this game because it is full of cheats aimbot and wh, is the game that most campers have and not to mention the fmg dual weapons, weapons that kill so excessive as p90 unlisted, mp7 is extresante play online with people using aimbot and traps, steam forgets to ban cheating players, host to lag and finally the DLC seem a shame having to pay for the price so high with 5 maps, this is my opinio and I am very disappointed with the game because players only benefit novice and pro players give us a disadvantage in many ways, a greeting and this is my note Expand
  94. Feb 19, 2012
    Unplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desireUnplayable due to "Lag Compensation" that they have employed. Those that don't have the internet connection needed to play the game get "compensated" for the low speed and high ping rates. Fire multiple rounds with no hit, but killed with one bullet or while behind a solid barrier. Only reason it got a "2" is because the game ran nicely on an older video card, but the "LC" killed my desire for the game. Expand
  95. Feb 21, 2012
    Completely full of hackers, aimbots and wallhacks. I bought this solely for the multi-player component so I can't speak to the single player campaign but the multi-player component is atrocious. By far the worst part of this game is finding a game that is free of hackers. It is extremely frustrating to see kill cam after kill cam of guys spinning 180 degrees and getting headshotsCompletely full of hackers, aimbots and wallhacks. I bought this solely for the multi-player component so I can't speak to the single player campaign but the multi-player component is atrocious. By far the worst part of this game is finding a game that is free of hackers. It is extremely frustrating to see kill cam after kill cam of guys spinning 180 degrees and getting headshots accross the map on the first bullet. Also, finding a game in the first place is a huge pain, the lack of dedicated servers means your game gets interrupted every 10mins when the "host" leaves the game, trying to find a game based on a few simple filters (like hardcore mode) is simply not possible, and it's always a crap shoot with your ping if the game decides a 9year old from Lithuania is the game host. They simply given up on the PC format, it's as simple as that. Such a shame since the actual game play is pretty fun (albeit old hat). The gun play feels solid and responsive and the levelling up of weapons is always a blast. Expand
  96. Mar 4, 2012
    I heard people say this a lot: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    Maybe they are right I can see why people like this because it does work. (even if poorly ported for pc)
    But than I would say: "If it ain't new, don't buy it". Because it is as most people would say more of a standalone expansion than a new game and thus paying the full 60 dollar doesn't make any sense. If they sold this
    I heard people say this a lot: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    But than I would say: "If it ain't new, don't buy it".

If they sold this for 20~ dollar and said it was a(n) (standalone) expansion I would find it acceptable.
    But they claimed it was something completely new and by doing so I assume that they don't think very highly of their customers because, they seem to think that we wouldn't notice.

That being said I wont give this game a 0 because it isn't technically broken, but it is pretty much a ripoff with the biggest change being the 2 changing into a 3 in the title of the game.
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    they mislabeled this game was "mw3" even though it's just mw2. this is an embarrassment to gaming. i wonder how many more rehashes they will produce?
  98. Mar 7, 2012
    I have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MWI have all CoD, and this is a big FAIL! I have some question's. Why we still have 2nd chance? Noo soory we have 2x 2nd chance ( normaly 2nd chance and with C4) why we have commando?? Why we dont have server dedic? Activision is a one big LIAR!! This game is the worst ever CoD! I give only 1/10 why because this game normaly run. If you play MW, MW2 then dont buy MW3 but if you dont play MW or MW3 then you can buy MW3 BUT this is suicide Expand
  99. Mar 7, 2012
    The companies definately get paid to give this high rating. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever, and i have to say, i never played Battlefield until today. Why? Because Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge let down. Too unrealistic gameplay, no matter Arcade Shooter or not. Unreal Tournament 1999 was more realistic, lol! The guns are the same from MW2, even less shall i say.The companies definately get paid to give this high rating. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever, and i have to say, i never played Battlefield until today. Why? Because Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge let down. Too unrealistic gameplay, no matter Arcade Shooter or not. Unreal Tournament 1999 was more realistic, lol! The guns are the same from MW2, even less shall i say. The graphics are horrible, the engine on that has about 3 or 4 years old. The maps are disgusting, i could make better maps with the Black Ops Editor.. Call of Duty is now a trap for gamer kids. It's a Money machine. All they want is money, to keep making games, and they want it the easy way. People who give this a 10/10 got paid by Infinity Ward. Don't believe me? You are not a gamer. Look at PC, Intel pays people to give their products high rating, but atleast Intel has the Quality coming with it's product. Now look at this bunch of lazy Game Developpers called Infinity Ward, they failed big time. I hope one of their representative will see this. You failed! Why? For selling us a game that is so short, lacking in content, with a 3 or 4 years old Graphic engine, and the same story as Modern Warfare 2! This is basically worth 19,99$ at best brand new. I wasted money on that, but now i bought a high quality game worth to pay for called : Battlefield 3. There is also Medal of Honor (2010) which has been a very nice game. I am far from being a new gamer, i played the old MOH's, COD's, Wolfensteins and all those popular shooter, and this ain't worthy of being a game sold for 59,99 $ (MW3) ... Do not buy please. P.S: I am NOT a fan boy of any games, i am just a very ''IN'' gamer who is capable of making constructive reviews. Kids who give MW3 a 10/10 rating, please learn gaming industry aspects, and then you might be able to give the game his correct easy-earned rating (BAD rating) ... I am now playing Battlefield 3 and waiting for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. Oh, also i can tell by MW3 being unrealistic cause i'm in the army. That's an addition to a constructive review. Let this franchise die, it's what it has earned. Thanks. Infinity Ward, next time think before making such a bad game, MW2 was bad, but you beat your death timer limit with MW3. Have fun players! Expand
  100. Mar 13, 2012
    I have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom lineI have read every review here. After beating the single-player, prestiging several times in the multiplayer, and becoming and ELITE member myself, I can honestly say it was all one big waste of money. The only reason I bought all that **** was because my friends are obsessed with this garbage. Sure it can be fun at times but wow I was surprised at how quickly things got old. Bottom line is: There are sooooooo many fresher, more innovative games out there. Even many new sequels I know of have brought something legit to the table. Call of Duty MW3 is stuck in 2009. There's not enough NEW innovation to consider this game a worthy standalone game or a sequel to the original two. I suppose after beating Crysis about 50 times back in 2008 I've been spoiled ever since. Well, maybe it was half-life 2? Hell Half-Life 1 is more interesting than this. Ah so many games just **** on this piece of garbage. Expand
  101. Nov 11, 2011

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012