Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.5

1. Nov 16, 2011
    The game feels exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and that I spent $60 for a DLC that contained 16 new maps and a few extra perks. The only reason why I gave it a one is because they did not ruin the game, but how could they; itâ
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

I'm a long time CoD fan. I own every single CoD game and this chapter of CoD is the best one, yet. The single player campaign is fun and emotionally engaging. The graphics are bumped up a little (as they are on every CoD release.) The multiplayer is quite fun and I haven't seen rampant cheating as we had with MW2 and haven't had frequent lag problems, either.

If you like CoD games, you'll love MW3. If you're a BF3 fanboy and hate CoD games, you won't like this one, either.
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    I got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyedI got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyed the huge difference from CoD. But overall i think MW3 wins, of course this is my opinion Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game has major flaws in multi player gameplay. Akimpros very OP, maps too small, hacks out since day 1, same bad p2p system as MW2 on occassion, too noob friendly with adding in a free perk to the gun. Singple Player game was good but short with a little open plot hole at the end. They gave a convenient character for Price to use. have not tried spec-ops. Hoping it's as good as MW2 was which was terrific.

Multi player is what people buy this game for so I gave it a 6.
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    It's a solid game with the strongest singleplayer of the entire series with some amazing moments and decent visuals for the ageing engine. Coop is solid with survival mode and spec op missions. The multiplayer maybe more of the same but thats not a bad thing as the majority still love it.
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    awful game, poor campaign, same multiplayer as it was 2 years ago. The game is boring nothing new if you compare it to MW2. fail of the franchise.
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is fun and fast-paced, but if you aren't good at the game, it won't be fun. On PC it's a whole different thing, because of the dedicated servers. If you just want to play around without having to worry about your K:D and stuff, you can go and play on dedicated servers!

Kill Confirmed was a great invention for MW3, it's extremely fast-paced and you get a lot XP each match. Definitely one of Infinity Ward's (and SHG's) good ideas! At first the game seems fun, the first 5-7 hours - then (in most cases) you feel "fed up", you start to feel annoyed and unsatisfied. But this effect will fade out after some sleep!

In general I would describe MW3 as a good candy in an old wrapper. It's like your friend played a joke on you and but your candy in an old wrapper, to make you believe it's bad and you don't want it. But after playing MW3 you realize it plays like MW2 but it's a whole different game. It even looks like MW2, but it's not.

A game definitely worth the money!
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    This is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicatedThis is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicated servers and the serverbrowser, as the p2p-default setup is really crappy, which is the reason I won't give the game a 10. Contrary to what some people wrote there are actually ranked dedicated servers, the admins just need to know how to set them up. I gained levels today playing on a dedicated ranked server.
    The singleplayer mode is absolutely comparable to mw1 and mw2, for sure a hundred times better than BF3 which most of the negative fanbois here seem to be playing. And the best of all: MW3 doesn't require origin or any **** runs over steam which is installed on all pcs anyways, no spyware required.
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    Haven't I played this game already? Why yes, yes I have. This is poor, it is the same ol same ol. I'm half expecting a zombie DLC to be released soon, thus completing Cliché Warfare 3.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.Bravo! Thank you Infinity Ward and Sledghammer Games for the continuation of a series of Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 3 - is the best shooter of our time. A fantastic single player campaign, its breathtaking dynamics of multiplayer, special operations and a new mode of survival. The graphics in the game, smart, no degradability and who said that it is generally necessary. 10 out of 10.
    P.S. Modern Warfare 4? Let's wait!
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    To be fair to Activision this is an absolutely solid game the combat works the campaign is good.
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    Besides new perks and an on-line service (that does not work) there is absolutely nothing we haven't done yet. While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are judging the game.

Most reviews have viewed this as a blank slate and do not take the previous games into consideration while gamers view it in the idea of what new experiences can I have in this game.
    Playing the game I can really only view it as a glorified expansion to MW2 and as I have played this game before there is no feeling that the developers pushed anything but advertisements in peoples faces.

Overall if you are new to the series this is still an excellent game to start out with but if you are like me and are a Hardened veteran of the series and have waited for this game prepare to be disappointed because you have already played this game before it just has a 3 next to it this time.
    This game is nothing but a cash in and betrays the people who have supported it for so many years.
  12. Nov 16, 2011
    I like it a lot. Especially the new survival mode is great. No big changes in the multiplayer but it's awesome to.
    The end of the story is just Epic.
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    Same game, same engine, same models, pretty some maps in solo are copy/pasta too. Not going to rant about the scenario since it always been pretty much stupid, glad however that your main character doesn't die every ten bloody seconds in cutscenes, gameplay is the same nothing surprising Multiplayer is the same, just a couple of new maps, the coop was quite nice actually
    All in all, it's
    All in all, it's not a bad game but the feeling of have been scamed is here, feel like I bought a pre used game at full price
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After MW2's incredibly stupid story line, i wasn't expecting much but i was still let down... somehow. Everything is predictable, and SPOILERALERT just about everyone with a name dies, predictably and/or implausibly. each mission sends you along, you gain support which is always, ALWAYS obliterated in some fashion, nothing goes according to plan. I predicted the "twists" well in advance. They essentially take everything from MW1 and 2 that they thought worked and pasted it together. you will find yourself knocked down and crawling more times than i can count. characters die heroically for absolutely no reason, multiple times to patriotic tunes. this MW bring the times makarov kills the player up by a couple tallies too... This was purly on the single player aspect, i assume its entirely identical to MW2 in muiltiplayer Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    I've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! PickI've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! Pick up another game and move on, but stop insulting the people who choose to buy it. To be honest, the single-player campaign could use some improving, but everything else in the game is just as fresh as anything you'd expect from a new game. Graphics are indeed better than those found in MW2, if only by a smidgen. Regardless, MW3 runs at a fluid 60 frames per second on my computer (with parts from 2008). To me, that's incredible! I find it hard to care about graphical innovation from one game to the next - the Modern Warfare series is still a story, not a tech demo. Worth picking up. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Le meilleur jeu auquel j'ai jamais jouer! C'est du pure delire, je ne serait pas vous dire mes mots quand je l'ai lancé pour la première fois mais en dans tout les cas une joie immense.
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    Outdated graphics, latency issues, performance issues, lack of pc support, anticheat is lacking. weapon unbalance issues. too many small maps and lack of creativity.
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    It's the best. I mean if you liked MW(MW2) - you will like this. I like everything - story(well, it's not the most original one, but it's still good), Spec Ops(it's a lot of fun) and of course the engine of the game(which allows me to have beautiful graphics without change of my PC).

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    I found it hard to give this game any credit at all. It has the exact same feel as MW2 and barely makes a visual improvement. I feel like I'm just playing another useless DLC map pack. With MW2 being a mediocre production and a betrayal on all PC first person shooter players, MW3 finds a way to act like they care and then slap you in the face over and over. With the massive outcry of PCI found it hard to give this game any credit at all. It has the exact same feel as MW2 and barely makes a visual improvement. I feel like I'm just playing another useless DLC map pack. With MW2 being a mediocre production and a betrayal on all PC first person shooter players, MW3 finds a way to act like they care and then slap you in the face over and over. With the massive outcry of PC gamers to include dedicated servers and the ability to control your games with console commands, IW finally adds these abilities (hidden deep in the settings) but does not allow you to gain any level or custom classes on dedicated servers. What?? That is the leading reason and enjoyment that most people get out of COD games. What reasoning do I have to join a dedicated server then? Looks like everyone will be forced to remain with no servers. Time for more of the same game full of hackers, no administrators to keep order, hosts dropping or having mediocre PC's that completely interrupt gameplay, lag lag lag and more lag. It's pretty obvious the reasoning that COD games are taking more and more control away from the user. They hide under this facade that they are making the game better and to keep people from abusing it. It's pretty obvious that all of this happens worse than before. They don't want dedicated servers, any user control of your settings (like console commands), custom community maps, etc. It's so that once the next game in the series is out, there will be no reason for people to stick to the old games and therefore get more sales. Gone are the days of playing in servers with clans and establishing a community of friends and regulars to play in your server with your variation of the rules. Don't like it? Then move on to another server until you find people you like to play with and rules that suite your style. COD will be given a 10 from me the very day that they release a game for PC gamers like COD used to be (not a console port), with dedicated servers (that people have a reason to play in and actually rank and level), larger number of player slots (for server owners to choose if they'd like), original and well built maps, custom community maps (for people to show their creativity and love of the game and create their own fun), and no paid DLC with an actual complete game upon release. Get the message Infinity Ward, you've made mediocre games and your constantly insulting gamers with your greed, power, and big heads. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    "Nothing new, just copypasted single and same multiplayer. Old graphic, old souns, stupid maps, same perks. Black ops is even more fun than this stupid game" +1
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    Between Battlefield and COD-MW3 , COD wins with a very small margin. The game's graphics & game play is too good for Battlefield-3. But the problem is the game is too short. And ends when u have just begun to enjoy it. Overall its fun, amazing, and with an engrossing story(Campaign).
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    When it comes to graphics, MW3 is not most beautiful, but certainly balanced (runs well on PC, which fulfills minimum requirements). Music is also very nice (but not as good as in MW2). Single player campaign is short and dynamic (action movie style), which is ideal for MW-fans and players, who don't have much time. Besides, special ops mode, in which you can carry out tasks and compareWhen it comes to graphics, MW3 is not most beautiful, but certainly balanced (runs well on PC, which fulfills minimum requirements). Music is also very nice (but not as good as in MW2). Single player campaign is short and dynamic (action movie style), which is ideal for MW-fans and players, who don't have much time. Besides, special ops mode, in which you can carry out tasks and compare your score to other players, or find someone on the Internet and play co-op. Multiplayer is fine as well, despite similar system to IWNet (from MW2). Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a very nice campaign ,and despite it's old graphics ,the multiplayer is getting even better than the previous cods...well balanced and praticaly no bugs/glitches ...
    This game is almost perfect if you want to have a good time ,if not...then do not rate it
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    if you played Modern Warfare 2. you played modern warfare 3... and what can i say im one of those that just didn't care for Modern Warfare 2 Either. as far as im concerned this series hit its peak in the first modern warfare.

the game brings nothing new to the table its the same repetitive arcade shooter. just with bumped up graphics.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    And speaking about predictable : anyone with half a brain saw most plot-twists coming, especially the chapter where Makarov anticipates the 141 ambush and Soap dies.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done. And that was me taking my time and not rushing through. The
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done.
    And that was me taking my time and not rushing through.
    The amount of re-used material was obscene.

The special ops were boring, too much repetition again of stuff from the previous game, and just like MW2, it built too much on what you already did in the campaign.
    It's so un-original i am wondering why it took them this long to release the damn thing. and IW/Sledgehammer trying to pull a fast one on us with that Survival mode (zombies rehash minus the zombies, anyone?)... That just ticked me off so much i never even bothered with multiplayer, which, from the looks of other user reviews, means i didn't miss much.
    All in all, glad i got this game for free from my boss, because if i had spent money on this, i'd have been very, very angry.
  26. Nov 15, 2011
    Not the best maps ever. If Infinity Ward had made the game by them self it would be awesome but I think Sledgehammer Games made it look more towards Black Ops. Worth a try!
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't buy Skyrim and CODMW3 together, or you'll wind up playing this for 30 minutes and getting bored as hell, and Skyrim for 8 hours and have a blast.
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    El juego está muy bien, no tiene nada de malo, al contrario, es impresionantemente bueno. Battlefield es bueno también, graficamente hablando. Pero creo que hay que ser objetivos, un equipo de trabajo cuando se esmera y esfuerza para entregar un producto de calidad, se nota. Y en este caso, Infinity Ward demostró que hicieron un trabajo impecable.

¿Juegos

¿Juegos malos? CLARO QUE LOS HAY!

-Breed
    -Kreed
    -The Renegade
    -Matrix Path of Neo

ESOS SON JUEGOS MALOS. Pero no este juego, que les pasa imbéciles? Ahora no piensan? no distinguen lo bueno de lo malo? Mi más grande apoyo al equipo de MWF3, Battlefield es un excelente juego, y también sería injusto que recibiera una mala calificación. Hay que ser justo en la vida, y ahora yo estoy siendo justo.

RaideR, desde Chile.
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    If you are a fan of fast-paced shooters, and/or enjoyed MW2, you'll like this game. Haters gonna hate, but the fact is that the Call of Duty franchise does not make GOOD games, they make FUN games, which is why I play games.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Wtf with the guys that gives mw3 a good score??!! Are u guys being payed by activision?
    The game sucks! Period! 1. Short SP
    2. Graphics (dont get me started about that) 3. No new features (just the same **** on a different day) 4. Its a Mappack for MW2 5. MP maps are horrible set 6. They got billions of dollars and came with the same engine as mw1! Was a huge huge fan of COD but
    The game sucks! Period! 1. Short SP
    2. Graphics (dont get me started about that)
    3. No new features (just the same **** on a different day)
    4. Its a Mappack for MW2
    5. MP maps are horrible set
    6. They got billions of dollars and came with the same engine as mw1!
    Was a huge huge fan of COD but now........ Nuff said!
  31. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interestingFirst off, MW3 isn't a bad game. Granted, it's not great... the (alleged) "Hollywood blockbuster" single-player campaign, while mildly enjoyable, is a little bit tired and very predictable and the multi-player, which most would consider the real reason for buying any MW game, is a slightly more refined version of MW2. The strike packages and the additional game modes are an interesting addition though it does feel like more of an expansion of MW2 than an entirely new game (and the brief single player certainly doesn't warrant the additional cost). The number of maps included with the game was certainly a pleasant surprise.

If you've never played a MW game before, you certainly can't go wrong with MW3 but you might be better off picking up the original MW/CoD4 as it is (in my opinion) the best game in the series so far.

Activision need to avoid driving this series into the ground (like they have with other titles) and take a couple of years off. Spend some time listening to the players and come back with some fresh ideas for the next MW game.
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    Yet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used inYet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used in Battlefield 3 but the question is is that all that matters? the graphics?. I am also a Battlefield fan and I've enjoyed playing BF3 as much as any of you do, but I do know that those 2 games arent the same. I'm impressed by bf3's graphics but MW3's Campaign story was just how I wanted all the other games i play to end. I have tried out the Multiplayer and I do agree that it has some similarities to Mw2. I cannot give this game a 10 out of 10 as there is always room for improvement. Expand
  33. Nov 15, 2011
    I don't understand the hate towards this game. I thought it was absolutely fine, not to mention fun as ever. Sure, the graphics were pretty much the same, but honestly, I was fine with it. Don't understand why so many people are all about graphics these days. What were you looking for, CryEngine 3?

I thought the story was the best one yet. The WW3 theme was a good choice. It was awesome watching the Eiffel Tower collapse, like in G.I. Joe. Multiplayer was fine too, almost better. I liked the strike packages, they were a nice add. I really don't understand why there is such a hot debate between Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think they were both excellent games. I saw a review here by someone, who gave it a 1. Why did he give it a one? because he was angry about the countdowns in multiplayer. They were too long. SERIOUSLY? Sometimes I wonder what the gaming community is coming to these days.

Well that about wraps up my review, Overall, good job Infinity Ward. You always make great games.
  34. Nov 15, 2011
    Just because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is stillJust because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is still out of the league of Black Ops and the shooter of the moment. Expand
  35. Nov 15, 2011
    I played all the campaing just to close the history but this game was really disapointing, I dont really understand how media gives high score ( 9-10 ) to this game.... This games deserves a price, it is clearly the most ecologic game EVER, 90% recycled, recycled scenes, recycled maps, recycled misions, recycled situations, etc. The last hour of the campaign its OK but the rest is aI played all the campaing just to close the history but this game was really disapointing, I dont really understand how media gives high score ( 9-10 ) to this game.... This games deserves a price, it is clearly the most ecologic game EVER, 90% recycled, recycled scenes, recycled maps, recycled misions, recycled situations, etc. The last hour of the campaign its OK but the rest is a constant "deja vu".

I'ts very generous to chall Modern Warfare 3 a game, it is just a MW2 expansion that should be sold for 20$ as a DLC, at least ends the nice history of the MW saga.
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    Well just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the gameWell just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the game interesting, fast and creative.One of the negative things here is the short single player and the old the engine, but the multyplayer is really awesome, full with power and action ! Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm not surely I really understand what amounts to a war between BF3 and MW3 - there is clearly quite a bit of history there but it's all gone safely over my head. My review is of the game (SP + MP) on the PC. I'm not reviewing Activision's ethics or anything else.

The single player campaign is a blast. It is a little on the short side though - about the same as MW2. The story is utter nonsense but the action keeps you going. If you think back to the very best levels on MW1 and MW2 there is plenty of this style of action here. The graphics are slightly better - this isn't a revolution but feels like more of the same. If you enjoyed MW1 and MW2 as much as I did then more of the same will feel fine.

The gameplay is extremely varied. They will often introduce a new element which will play for 10 minutes or so only to move on to something else. Certainly plenty to keep the interest.

The mulitplayer feels very similar to MW2 and suffers from hackers and cheaters etc to the same extent which can be quite annoying at times. I don't take it all that seriously but racked over 100 hours on MW2 and would expect al least the same on MW3. Then add in Special Ops and survival modes and it's easy to see several hundred hours of playing here.

The game is extremely smooth and (for a modern new release) is relatively bug free. If all you are interested in is the MP element I can see why you might be frustrated as it amounts to a fairly hefty map pack and a fwe gameplay tweeks. Taking the package as a whole though I see very good value for money in what is going to be one of 2011's biggest games in terms of sales and impact.

I am thoroughly enjoying this title. I have not posted "wow this is amazing" or "this sucks" but have stated my opinion with clear reasons and explanations. I think if everyone else did the same we would see a much more balanced score.
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    Graphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multipleGraphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multiple times. Excellent Game! Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wszyscy co tu piszÄ Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2011
    best multiplayer shooter i´ve ever seen. surly no new-defining of the shooter-scene but completly that what i esected..great work! I really dont understand why everyone is crying about that game? MW2 was a great game so why they have to change a lot of things? They just fix some details and brought some new things because they don´t wanted to create a new playingbest multiplayer shooter i´ve ever seen. surly no new-defining of the shooter-scene but completly that what i esected..great work! I really dont understand why everyone is crying about that game? MW2 was a great game so why they have to change a lot of things? They just fix some details and brought some new things because they don´t wanted to create a new playing style..they just wanted the good cod-feeling! and they made it! Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm very disappointed. This is the same game, again. No better graphics, no better gameplay, no better multiplayer from MW2. No multiplayer across multiplatforms.
  42. uah
    Nov 15, 2011
    Nothing more than a map pack for multiplayer with the same graphics than its predecessors. The campaign is playable but still nothing new in this saga. Lack of work by the developers plus the cost of the game I think it is an insult, still the hardcore gamers are the ones who want the game stay like it is now.
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    Its a good game. It perfects MW2 in a new formula. The question is if it can compete with this years Blockbusters because it is a hard year for a game to be succesfull. I still think its good and there is no reason for all this **** about it.
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    Este MW3, esta a la altura y supera al resto de MW de la saga. Si, es mas de lo mismo, pero es lo que nos gusta. Lo único que me quejo es porque no han tocado nada o casi nada gráficamente. Hubiera sido de agradecer. Espectacular juego.
  45. Nov 15, 2011
    Me parecio muy bien optimizado, la historia no es larga pero es elaborada... no veo como un CONTRA que se parezca al MW2, es mas... me prece un PRO, ya el MW2 es un excelente juego. Igual creo que hoy en dia lo que importa en un juego y que le da longevidad es el MP, esperemos que el MW3 sea la conbinacion entre MW2 y el COD4. Espero no nos desilucionen con los MODTOOLS.
  46. Nov 15, 2011
    The single player campaign is fair, a bit short but comparable to MW2. I liked doing missions again with a certain character that returns in MW3. The multiplayer gives me a sinking feeling of "here we go again" with the IWnet experience: lag, hackers, hacked lobbies. Contrary to what the dev has stated, there are no "improvements" to be seen in this game. It is MW2 all over again. TheThe single player campaign is fair, a bit short but comparable to MW2. I liked doing missions again with a certain character that returns in MW3. The multiplayer gives me a sinking feeling of "here we go again" with the IWnet experience: lag, hackers, hacked lobbies. Contrary to what the dev has stated, there are no "improvements" to be seen in this game. It is MW2 all over again. The selection of maps is duller than ever, and the majority of the maps are constructed to only support run and gun, fish in a barrel gameplay. the multiplayer experience is bad.

Activision again chips away at PC features in the game- no ranked dedicated servers, no FOV adjustment, small maps and small player numbers. As a previous reviewer stated, if you have not wasted your money on MW3 yet, stick to MW or Black Ops. Nothing worth the price of admission in this one.
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    Continuación de MW2, mucha acción y momentos épicos como en toda la franquicia CoD MW, eso si los gráficos se ven ya muy antiguos comparados con BTF3, la campaña un poco corta pero que parece que se han puesto de acuerdo con EA para que durara alrededor de 7ho cada uno.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    Since I am playing this on the PC, The graphics are no where near the better frostbite 2 engine that battlefield has. The graphics is a minor difference from black ops and mw2, they should have just made this as an expansion pack with new additional mode of play. At least they finally completed the story line, the campaign is better and longer than battlefield 3 in my opinion. I reallySince I am playing this on the PC, The graphics are no where near the better frostbite 2 engine that battlefield has. The graphics is a minor difference from black ops and mw2, they should have just made this as an expansion pack with new additional mode of play. At least they finally completed the story line, the campaign is better and longer than battlefield 3 in my opinion. I really enjoyed playing through the single player campaign, but I had minimal enjoyment on the multiplayer part because it feels like I have been doing this over and over already since mw2 and black ops. Releasing a CoD multiple times in one year will drop the excitement so fast. Expand
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    I have awaited Modern Warfare 3's release and being able to play it with a moderation of expectations. Interestingly these expectations have been met as they were: moderate. Modern Warfare 3 is hardly more than the continuation of the Campaign as well as a rehash of the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer with some new fresh ideas. Yet, despite most of the additions related to Modern Warfare 2I have awaited Modern Warfare 3's release and being able to play it with a moderation of expectations. Interestingly these expectations have been met as they were: moderate. Modern Warfare 3 is hardly more than the continuation of the Campaign as well as a rehash of the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer with some new fresh ideas. Yet, despite most of the additions related to Modern Warfare 2 add new nuances to gameplay the whole package seems rather dated compared to it's competitors. The old reworked IW5 hardly turns any heads by now, yet still delivers adequate visuals as one plays through the campaign. The campaign itself is likely rather short as it is common for FPS games right now, but isn't short on action. If one wills it, the immersion in the action can be rather satisfying. Right now it is plagued by a few bugs which can be surpassed if one knows how to do so, but for the unschooled player that is unaware of the existence of Wikias the game ends at Hamburg, killed by a reliable-command-buffer-overflow and a return to the main menu. The multiplayer can best be described with S.S.D.D with extras. As mentioned earlier some of the elements newly introduced can enhance the gaming experience and some rather helpful changes were made compared to it's predecessor. Unfortunately it also suffers from a few new problems. The maps feel cramped and small compared to the more open and wide maps of Modern Warfare 2. The new strike packages were done almost perfectly and open up many new ways to introduce killstreaks to the player's playstyle. For anyone who wanted the dedicated servers and is disgruntled about them being unranked, I cannot comment on this, sadly. To me this is a viable design choice. These servers will likely be better populated as soon as more players reach the prestiges at which they want to stop prestiging any further. Naturally there still is the problem of hackers and hacked lobbies in the P2P variant of the game and it BAFFLES me how the developers could miss such a thing as game client checksums to prevent game file alteration. All in all, the game is not as bad as one would perceive, especially from the notoriously vitriolic community. However, at times it feels uninnovative and static considering the lack of actual steps forward in development compared to the entire spin-off of the franchise. With this lack of creative movement it strikes me as unbelievable, that not only the game was released with a price tag of 60â Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    Excited to get the game, but found disappointed after an hour. Multiplayer have the same people who spoil the game, nothing new really to make it feel special in any way, just really disappointed, had high hopes thinking it would dominate, but now feel cheated.
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Tiny maps, arcadish and twitch based gameplay, recycled textures and buildings, the same awful matchmaking system etc. But the real problem is not Activision releasing the same game every year, it's the people buying the same game year after year.
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    Well, not superious-hyper-cool graphic, so what? It's looks good and don't eat all CPU resources. Plot, I agree, is not good as it can be. Especially because M1A1 is far worse tanks as T-90. And I don't believe in american bravade, as them wiping Russian forces by ground forces. SP is not my object for judge.
    MP is improved mp of mw2. Rather improved, indeed. I give 10/10, because
    MP is improved mp of mw2. Rather improved, indeed. I give 10/10, because developers rebalanced some weapons, like sub-grenade launchers, removed some cheap perks, and add some kind of RPG system. Still, I think UMP is not balanced from MW2, but other weapons power-uped, so it's not big problem.
  53. Nov 15, 2011
    Mw3 is a great game for a typical player of call of dutty saga.if you like a action films and like action games, this is your game.the new situatons are very interesting and fun,and the old friens in the modern warfare,soap and st. price are other again with you, with they big caracter and support.i not playing online game, but the offline as good as ever
  54. Nov 15, 2011
    I feel burned buying this game for PC..

It feels like Infinity Ward did their very best to jusssst make slightly enough changes and sprinkle enough new content here and there to call it #3. In reality it feels like a giant number..well you can guess. All the things you hated about the PC version in MW2 before are back. Player hosting. The idea of player hosting on PC is just the
    I feel burned buying this game for PC..

All the things you hated about the PC version in MW2 before are back.

Player hosting.

The idea of player hosting on PC is just the stupidest thing ever. It's nearly insulting. I won't even get started about the COD modding community that the devs have turned their back on. Why and when was it ever a good idea of having cell phone bars in place of such intelligent things referred to as 'ping' or 'latency'? If I can't understand a numerical value then maybe I should have bought the version which gives me simpler input through a controller.

Apparently the PC masses aren't smart enough to pick servers to play on either, so your going to be staring at those little spinning stars from MW2 again. (Silver instead of gold now!) NO LEAN?

Also to just put the feather in the hat on this giant turd is the fact that lean is still not in the PC game again. It is a game changer to not have it and one of the sole reasons I was so hooked originally on MW. Obviously, corners were cut which is sad for a game boasting about how its sold so many units. I can say Infinity Ward games just won't be on my 'buy list' anymore. A half-hearted attempt at a NEW title that is barely different enough to call it so for $60. The cold reality is this could and should have been a DLC around half the cost.

Congrats on the money grab. It'll be the last one from me.
  55. Nov 15, 2011
    Maybe a good DLC, but certainly a poor game. Poor graphic, NO RANKED DEDICATED SERVER, no evolution for the gameplay, short solo, corridors maps only. Upscaling in video settings (shame)
    I precommanded a game for the first time and that's the last for sure.
  56. Nov 15, 2011
    Having played through all the aspects of MW3 now I can safely say that the game isn't completely what I expected from it. Ever since the game went towards consoles as its main focus (I'd say the turningpoint was post-CoD 4) I have had a certain amount of dissapointment whenever I played through a new call of duty. In this installment there seem to be alot of small things that add up to aHaving played through all the aspects of MW3 now I can safely say that the game isn't completely what I expected from it. Ever since the game went towards consoles as its main focus (I'd say the turningpoint was post-CoD 4) I have had a certain amount of dissapointment whenever I played through a new call of duty. In this installment there seem to be alot of small things that add up to a very flawed game. Don't get me wrong, I liked the campaign (even though it took me only roughly 4 hours to complete it, which is in all honesty very, very short). And i'm having a blast in some parts of the multiplayer. The specialist streak is fun, and i'm very happy sniping is back to the way it was pre-blackops. That's basicly what I have to say about the good stuff. On to the bad stuff, with a focus on the multiplayer part of the game.

The first multiplayer thing I tried out was the Survival coop. In the very first game I played something went wrong with the game's netcode and me and my partner got desynced, causing very strange (a bit funny) behaviour. This has happened quite often again, and it's ruining the coop experience. Hope this gets fixed asap.

The online multiplayer, here we go, commence the ranting:
    - The maps are too small, too cluttered and too dense. When you create a weapon balance without stopping power that relies on all weapons killing extremely fast, you should not have very small maps where you spawn on top of each other. When you are playing well defending an objective and you can get attacked from 4 diffrent angles due to faulty spawns and insane killspeeds, this takes away a large part of the skill ceiling, keeping it very low. Bad players can just spawn behind a good player and kill him with no chance to retaliate. This is bad, and very counter-intuitive for competitive gameplay.
    - weapon balance is off, but this is to be excpected. I won't drag the rating down because of this, we'll have to see how fast IW responds with patches.
    - The titles and emblems are (like alot of other things in the game) copies and pastes of the previous MW installment. In many cases the emblems even correspond the same old challenges from before. This comes over as very cheap and lazy. It can't be very difficult or costly to have a few artists spend some days creating new art, achievements and challenges.
    - IWNET. On the PC, as much as they would like for this to work, it really, really doesn' t do it. Latencies are terrible, even with good connections. Wait times are enormous. (1 minute after every game, searching takes up to 5 minutes, etc...). This was the only thing Blackops did right in my opinion. Dedicated servers, like the unranked ones, are the only true solution for a PC platform. Oh, and using "piracy, anti-cheat and rank hacking" as excuses for using IWnet are garbage. It is possible to change the rate at which you gain XP simply by editting a TEXT file on the CLIENT side. So if you really wanted to put in an effort to reduce these things, you would have. Making sad excuses is not going to convince the intelligent people amongst the gaming populace.
    - There are more, smaller more detailed flaws, but for the sake of legibility of this comment-review I will not go into them. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more ;)

All in all it's certainly not a bad game. The biggest problem is that it looks, plays, sounds and acts like someone just took the work of the previous IW team, MW2, fiddled around with it a bit, added some things here and there, broke some things here and there and then released it to the public as a new game. As i said before, it all looks a little "cheap".

I hope the people from IW/Sledgehammer read this review and realise that it's not yet too late to fix a number of issues, and to listen to the community and not wait until the next MW installment to fix general problems. The metacritic scores given here, while drastic, do reflect a general gamers concensus about this game. Talk to us, listen to us and who knows, maybe you can go back to creating the game that COD used to be in the COD 2/ COD 4 days.

Banorac.
  57. Nov 15, 2011
    I enjoyed Black Ops but this is terribly boring and the graphics/story are aweful. I have bought and played BF3 also and I quite enjoyed rolling into the mountains of Iran and fighting in Tehran. It really had some atmosphere about it but MW3 is just recent MW games with a 3 stuck on the end. I'm glad I got mine for half price. Feel very sorry for those who shelled out $99 on Steam.
  58. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game but they need to make better anticheats. For evreyone who **** think its the same game. Evreyone complained you f*cking hate Black Ops. Mw2 was the bomb they made mw3 ofc it`s little simular to the mw2 but itts awesome game isnt it ? So stop whining like a little bit*es.
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing! Really fun expierience with friends and other poeple. U must try it. Graphics are similar to MW2 but it's good. Game is whole similar but it's good too, because for what changing something good?!
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is one of those games that has to be taken under compulsion, is the closing of a trilogy and Activision does so in a masterful way with this latest installment. There are many pests that cast him, but then at the moment of truth when everyone enjoys is holding a keyboard and mouse or pad. The graphics engine is at its highest point, Activision has had plentyCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is one of those games that has to be taken under compulsion, is the closing of a trilogy and Activision does so in a masterful way with this latest installment. There are many pests that cast him, but then at the moment of truth when everyone enjoys is holding a keyboard and mouse or pad. The graphics engine is at its highest point, Activision has had plenty of time to perfect it and the result could not be more perfect. It is true that as you weigh the years, but on the other hand, provides a constant 60fps at all times, which is much appreciated at the time to enjoy the game. The game itself is the longest of the 3, so to finish it in "normal" will take approximately 8 hours. The online mode is the most comprehensive of all the MW, offering many new options and weapons. In short, we have a man great game, abused by users who can not see beyond graphics and do not appreciate that the most important aspect of a game also, control. Expand
  61. Nov 15, 2011
    Biggest disappointment of the year!!! I buy call of duty not for the single player, but for the mutliplayer. Immediately when I entered the mutiplayer, I knew this game was going to suck balls. IWnet all over again, lags, host migration etc. By this time one would think that infinity ward and activision would have realized IWnet is the biggest rubbish there is. Even Call of duty 1 hasBiggest disappointment of the year!!! I buy call of duty not for the single player, but for the mutliplayer. Immediately when I entered the mutiplayer, I knew this game was going to suck balls. IWnet all over again, lags, host migration etc. By this time one would think that infinity ward and activision would have realized IWnet is the biggest rubbish there is. Even Call of duty 1 has dedicated servers!!!! And not to speak, this game is 99% MW2, with 1% of modifications. Activision and infinity ward doesn't give a damn about their customers, as long as they make their millions of Dollars!! I hope there is a special place in hell for the people who created IWnet!!!! I will not buy another COD game in my life again if is does not have dedicated servers!! They just steal our money each year with a inferior game!! Expand
  62. Nov 15, 2011
    MW2.5 v.HorribleMaps.exe

Seriously, the game would have been great if the maps weren't so terrible. Maybe people suggested to IW and Sledgehammer that they wanted constant guns blaring, continuous sprinting and non stop shot-in-the-back action but it all jumbles into a terrible experience.
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    I never play a CoD, but this game is very impressive! The pc version, of course.
    .....................................................................
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    Wow, the only way this game could possibly have that low of a score is if somebody is paying somebody to give it a low score. The game is great, it might be lacking a lot in the originality department, and my online guild has had issues trying to set up our server, but giving this game 2000+ negative reviews, and only 86 mixed? ...that has nothing to do with any issues the game has, andWow, the only way this game could possibly have that low of a score is if somebody is paying somebody to give it a low score. The game is great, it might be lacking a lot in the originality department, and my online guild has had issues trying to set up our server, but giving this game 2000+ negative reviews, and only 86 mixed? ...that has nothing to do with any issues the game has, and everything to do with some company hiring people to write bad reviews. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3's release was one I was both hoping and dreading. Having played every game in the series, I've been an unwilling witness to IW's slow decline. Every new release I've played since CoD:MW has been progressively worse. Not terrible, but slowly degrading, like an emphysema patient in ICU.

And that last sentence gets to the crux of my review; the first Modern Warfare was the best. I believe there are 3 reasons for this:

1. GAMEPLAY. MW's gameplay was superior because it had PACING. Many game developers seem to forget what this is in favour of flashy graphics and stupid awards. In MW you could set up a sniping position, pick off a few targets and then probably get taken down by a savvy player who had spotted your position and used the appropriate cover to get there. CoD:BO, MW2 and MW3 killed this concept by creating confined levels with dedicated fire lanes, meaning that snipers are regularly killed before they even get off the first shot. Combine this with sniper rifles and the gameplay abomination that is "quickscoping", and all you see is players RUNNING around with sniper rifles. Hell, once they learn the Assault Rifles are more accurate, you don't even SEE sniper rifles in use. Running with a sniper rifle doesn't seem realistic or even fun to me.

2. SPAWNING. The spawning in CoD:BO multiplayer was bad, but the spawning in MW3 is execrable. Two steps forward and the player that's spawned behind you shoots you in the back. And that's if only one enemy player spawned near you. The original MW OCCASIONALLY had a similar issue when battle lines were fluid, but generally it cunningly used a combination of well designed maps and spawning areas to create battle lines. Yes, BATTLE LINES. Not running like a loon from one end of the map to the other, simply because you knew someone would be spawning on your head in the next 5 seconds. I have fond memories of dodging between heaps of trash in "Bog" as I tried to flank enemy snipers and MG's, and similar happy moments while running or sniping in "Bloc" and "Vacant".

In a nutshell; it may be fun for 30 seconds to run headlong around a map shooting at everything because you have to. There are whole worlds of enjoyment to be had in defending positions, flanking snipers, setting up battle lines, creating enfilades, etc. Run and gun is only enjoyable for a short period of time, and isn't how EVERYONE wants to play.

Also, women are correct: when it comes to multiplayer maps, size really DOES matter.
    3. You've all heard it at some point - DEDICATED SERVERS. I applaud IWnet for trying something new, but until the world standardizes everyone's internet connection and CPU speed, you're flogging a dead horse...

Now I have mostly negative comments for the multiplayer, but I have to say that I quite liked the Single-Player experience. IW haven't lost their edge there, and it's fun, fast and engages the audience. It could have been a bit longer, but I can see why IW kept the story to the length they did. I thought I'd at least end on a positive... :)

Colo
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    I played this game just to see what happened with main characters. That was quite satisfying but the rest of the game feels very familiar. Why did they work so long on this game to bring us same old multi and same ols single player campaign. Even some of the environment elements were taken from mw2. I would be happy if this was a mission pack for mw2 but releasing and buying this as aI played this game just to see what happened with main characters. That was quite satisfying but the rest of the game feels very familiar. Why did they work so long on this game to bring us same old multi and same ols single player campaign. Even some of the environment elements were taken from mw2. I would be happy if this was a mission pack for mw2 but releasing and buying this as a "full price" game was a mistake. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    Broken promises of "Ranked Dedicated servers" "Call of Duty Elite" None for the PC gamer as advertised it would. The game is MW2 with graphics that seem to be outdated by at least 3 to 4 years. I am in a clan and all members purchased the game. We are trying everything to like and or enjoy the game but our members can only play for a short time due to pure frustration of the multiplayerBroken promises of "Ranked Dedicated servers" "Call of Duty Elite" None for the PC gamer as advertised it would. The game is MW2 with graphics that seem to be outdated by at least 3 to 4 years. I am in a clan and all members purchased the game. We are trying everything to like and or enjoy the game but our members can only play for a short time due to pure frustration of the multiplayer game play with the matchmaking server system they have. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    People will always find reasons to complain. Forget the fact that they listened to the community on most of the things we were whining about with MW2, like dedicated servers and overpowered killstreaks, etc; but now that MW3 is out, the PC community will take every little issue that could maybe take the game from a perfect 10 to 9/10, or maybe even a 7-8/10 if you really are honestly thatPeople will always find reasons to complain. Forget the fact that they listened to the community on most of the things we were whining about with MW2, like dedicated servers and overpowered killstreaks, etc; but now that MW3 is out, the PC community will take every little issue that could maybe take the game from a perfect 10 to 9/10, or maybe even a 7-8/10 if you really are honestly that passionate about the issue at hand, and blow it up to ridiculous proportions.
    Of course, as a PC gamer, Im not saying they couldn't pander to us much more than they have cared to recently, but the reality is that Ive had a perfectly decent experience playing it for the past week, with such few hiccups, that Id probably say its as good of a port for PC as cod4 was. Did anyone mention in their 0/10 reviews how nice it is to have a game run smoothly and the way its supposed to on PC? Or did anyone mention how they gave us cod4 style dedicated servers? Because all I heard was people complaining about how the dedicated servers arent ranked.
    As for the gameplay, its call of duty. Its still the same style of gameplay its been for the past few years. Just because you think they should make drastic changes every year, doesn't mean everyone else does too. Call of duty has, for the most part, always been a simple gun play based shooter, and if thats not what youre looking for, then you should look elsewhere. As far as my opinion is concerned, there's nothing wrong enough with the game to be anything less than a 9/10.
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    I was incredibly excited about this game, and the game would be very good (despite being a clone of the past MW games) if a few things were fixed.

First: I've never been in so many lagfest matches in any CoD on any system, PC or console, and I've owned every one of them. Of course the hacking is back on PC (to be expected), and sure they gave us dedicated servers, BUT THEY AREN'T RANKED.

The obvious solution to me would have been to have official dedicated servers much like Left 4 Dead where the rules are enforced, and they are ranked. The multiplayer is so incredibly hit or miss with the number of crappy hosts that's it's unplayable a good portion of the time.

Also a vote-change-host feature would be nice.
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    What can i say, IW and sledge hammer screwed over us PC gamers... you have un-ranked dedicated servers, and no RANKED dedicated servers whats the point or having one without the other? you show reception in bars? just keep it as normal ping measurements in MS!

Black ops had servers. reception for that was showed in MS yet this game fails to do so... even in un-ranked servers. sure it shows the ping when you look for a server, but when you want to check it in game... your back to reception bars

MW3 developers failed where Black Ops succeeded example:
    Black Ops had NO LAGGY HOSTS due to dedicated servers in both RANKED and UNRANKED modes.
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just another kick in the fact to PC gamers. Story wise it is fantastic, closed the series with a fulfilling ending, but that's the same across all platforms.
    The PC multiplayer on the other hand is a mess. The complete load of garbage known as IWnet makes a comeback. There are barely any players using MW2 on the PC anymore, therefore matchmaking rendered that game useless to play. MW3 will be no exception, a year down the track gamers will abandon the game and effectively leave it for dead for anyone else trying to join a game.

Activision, If you intend to constantly release this garbage to PC gamers year after year, Just don't release it. Although BF3 is far from perfect, they recognised the PC platform and delivered a great game, Modern warfare is a complete joke compared to it.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, FUN and i enjoy it! Atleast is not like bf3 and wait 2 min before getting into action! GREAT JOB 10/10 ! I was not sure to buy this game but now i know i made the good choice
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    ya so i herd this game was released like 5 years ago and apparently infinity ward decided to release the same game every year so they can earn money for hamburgerz?
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    I like the dedi servers in cod4 and i like the ks and how smooth its in mw2. When mw3 was coming out, i thot its gonna be the best of mw series -- dedi servers(ranked like its in cod4) plus good mp experience. BUT when i got into mw3 mp game, i found that its not wat its supposed to be! Developers didnt hear wat the community were talking about. P2P system sucks all the time! Lag andI like the dedi servers in cod4 and i like the ks and how smooth its in mw2. When mw3 was coming out, i thot its gonna be the best of mw series -- dedi servers(ranked like its in cod4) plus good mp experience. BUT when i got into mw3 mp game, i found that its not wat its supposed to be! Developers didnt hear wat the community were talking about. P2P system sucks all the time! Lag and stutter are worse in mw3! If IW and Sledgehammer want their game to be long life and have good sales on their DLCs, they must fix this! Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 map pack... at best. The only good thing I can say about this is: Because Infinityward used an old engine, I have great FPS, so thanks for that.
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    modern warFAIL 3 is a veeeery big disappointment. IW / Activision / Blizzard showed once again what PC gamers mean to them. i have been playing the CoD series since the very first title and i never imagined that this is the way they treat the very same community that got them where they are now. this is a teen/kid console game that you can install on a PC. this is NOT a PC game... itmodern warFAIL 3 is a veeeery big disappointment. IW / Activision / Blizzard showed once again what PC gamers mean to them. i have been playing the CoD series since the very first title and i never imagined that this is the way they treat the very same community that got them where they are now. this is a teen/kid console game that you can install on a PC. this is NOT a PC game... it is AN INSULT to gamers and gaming. CoD is a MultiPlayer game and the MP is like getting acid thrown into your eyes. ** Call of Duty R.I.P. 2003-2008 Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Let's begin this review with the positive content. The games looks nice, the storytelling as always is pretty good, captain price is a strong character, nice graphics despite the same engine, but with this consoles generation is all they can do, a console port. But still, the graphics looks pretty good in a medium/high end rig.

Negative points. If you put IMAGE QUALITY on EXTRA as always

Negative points. If you put IMAGE QUALITY on EXTRA as always been pretty good graphics, the graphics gets worse, so you do have to change for NATIVE, to get a better quality.

Makarov should be more badass, we see him just a few moments in the game, and despite the storytelling is pretty good is more the same. MULTIPLAYER= This is really pissed me off, CHEATERS everywhere, they know where you are, I've got a guy in my team, who had 122/5 in a 12 players TDM in less than 2 min, this is just impossible.

The multiplayer should be better, with some real improvments as Veihicles and that sort of thing, I know COD is more Frag, but , still, we need at least a real helicopter experience, we saw this pretty good in BLACK OPS single campaign. So why they keep avoiding to using this in Multiplayer. Is the consoles limit?

So I think for the Single Player campaign the game deserves 8.0 and for the Multiplayer if they take care of cheaters 8 as well if not, I'm gonna give a circular ZERO.
  78. Nov 14, 2011
    Being 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before inBeing 21, and getting in to gaming at a early age I saw the rise and fall of many fps's from quake, counterstrike and halo. This is the tipping point for Cod. Looking at the single player first. the campaign was shallow, characters weak and thin. but you dont expect much more from a fps. The main flaw with the campain is that it all felt reused. levels felt as if i had been there before in previous games and looking back we had. the story was stock standard military fiction which for the younger audence (alot of whole shouldnt be playing this game) would be fresh and new, but to anyone over the age of 18, who have read or watched military fiction in the past nothing should take you by surprise.

The Spec ops mode is the same out of MW2, this is no bad thing. Some of the missions alow you to play out campain segments but from the other sides view point, This is honestly the most interesting part of the game, particulary if you play the campain first. I wish all the spec op missions followed this structure but some are just copy paste and pick up these things on the way.

The online multiplayer i have very mixed feelings about. I am level 57 currently, so i have decent experence with the online. the strike packages idea is great. but the assult package is so flawed that over the comming weeks as players pick these things up it could ruin the multiplayer experence. The Assult package, what should be a high risk high reward set up is actualy low risk with very high reward. To prevent the loss of your streek you want to reduce the chances of your death, this means to be sucsessful with this package the player is best suited to perks that prevent equipment or killstreek deaths, aswell as useing silences and uav jamers /prevention perks. This realy encourages camping, 5 kills in a row is enough to get you steamrolling. this is a massive problem in there new gamemodes such as kill confirmed or classisc domination in wich players need to pick up objects to score / prevent score or be at specific locations.
    The "MLG Pro" culture CoD is pushing dosent help much eather. the community is full of "xXxpr0scop3zxXx" and "MLGn00bHuNtEr" that is equal parts sad tofrustrating seeing people on your team trying over and over again for "no scopz" and "kn1fe only" while i can see this could add a degree of chalenge for a player that they may enjoy, the more x's and z's in there name the more likely it is that they are trying to get footage.

apart from that The multiplayer is MW2, not bad, not that great eather. but if you get in to it prepare for as much grief as success.

Other grips with the game are:
    -minor graphical issues, and slightly dated graphics.
    -same ui assets, text fonts, etc.
    -character voices always rushed
    -military lingo used at every opputunity in and out of context.

but these things are so very minor that they dont realy effect how I would score the game, they just feel a little tacky. Like timber vinal in a car.

CoD is becoming the Justin Biber of the gaming world, Everyone but its super dedicated fanbase is seeing its problems. The currecnt fps's of today are all ready to drift to the background. CoD is lucky that there is nothing new or fresh in the market to compeate because sadly this will be the only online console fps realy played this season.
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    I can't believe that there is no console and commands with config editing or mod tools, the guys that devlopeped Cod2 can't srsly be sitting there while they sell out and destroy every aspect of what made Cod on PC worth playing. I can see you're all trying but just stop trying to make PC like console. Its not accecptable. Mod tools with acess to console along with the commands we had theI can't believe that there is no console and commands with config editing or mod tools, the guys that devlopeped Cod2 can't srsly be sitting there while they sell out and destroy every aspect of what made Cod on PC worth playing. I can see you're all trying but just stop trying to make PC like console. Its not accecptable. Mod tools with acess to console along with the commands we had the ability to change until Mw2 I promise that this score wouldn't be so incredibly awful. Two years in a row, after being able to use Black Ops as a cheat sheet. Wtf.. Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    ok, seriously activision... I personally USED to like the CoD series, but now it became utter crap. I don't get why it made millions and millions, but i mean, like everyone says... Its a map pack. Everything is the same... engine, graphics, with athe addition of some killstreaks. Then, i can't even get to the worse part. They make no effort to stop hacking... The game is releashed BOOMok, seriously activision... I personally USED to like the CoD series, but now it became utter crap. I don't get why it made millions and millions, but i mean, like everyone says... Its a map pack. Everything is the same... engine, graphics, with athe addition of some killstreaks. Then, i can't even get to the worse part. They make no effort to stop hacking... The game is releashed BOOM tons of hackers.... every game. No one attempts to fix the bugs, lag... anything on the pc version. I don't even know why i'm giving this game a 2, i think it's just sad how activision is pleading for everyone to raise the score that's currently sitting at 1.9. Everything is boring, the multiplayer, singleplayer, broken game... The only reason this game actually has a score of 1 is because of thefanboys that give this game a 10/10...I wish my friend sent mw Bf3 instead... Expand
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    Here's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having moreHere's the deal: there really just isn't enough new content here to justify the full $60 price tag. It's the same engine, game mechanics, level design, multiplayer modes, etc that we've seen recycled since MW1. Granted, yes, I'm having some fun with it, but I was still having just as much fun with MW1. I gave my free copy of it away to a friend on Steam and we're honestly having more fun revisiting the original Modern Warfare than I am with this thing. Save your money. Expand
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    Ok i'll try to be as fair as possible. If you own MW2 or BO and you don't want to waste money don't buy MW3. Reason is that MW3 is similar to MW2 and there are better games to spent your money out there. Single player campaign is similar to MW2 but with less spice twists and thrills. I was expecting an all out mayhem but instead i get a few "good fights" every now and then accompanied by aOk i'll try to be as fair as possible. If you own MW2 or BO and you don't want to waste money don't buy MW3. Reason is that MW3 is similar to MW2 and there are better games to spent your money out there. Single player campaign is similar to MW2 but with less spice twists and thrills. I was expecting an all out mayhem but instead i get a few "good fights" every now and then accompanied by a few "shocking" scenes ( not even close to the "no Russian" chapter joyful massacre). The campaign kicks in strong but all the intensity and excitement fades away soon. I also think the campaign must be smaller than MW2's or at least it feels like it is. Multiplayer is a review on its own. Graphics are like a polished MW2. Guns may look a bit better but overall its all the same deal as in MW2. No real changes. Soundwise i'll have to say that i really enjoyed the campaign score since it really adds up to the whole experience but tha'ts not enough. All the sounds are the same as MW2 with the exception of the majority of gun sounds. Most are just worse. Especially if you attach a silencer. Rest are the same as MW2. Now as far as gameplay ( which i believe is the most important part of a game. Gameplay > graphics)
    Single player is a linear story line picking up from the point MW2 ends and progresses through the eyes of various soldiers, deltas and so on. Nothing different from MW2. But who cares about Single Player anyway? CoD is all about Multiplayer right?

Multiplayer. Mixed feelings about it to be honest. One can say that MW3 Multiplayer is a big content patch of MW2. I wouldn't blame him since i get the exact same experience by playing MW2. the new kill confirmed mode is nothing more than a deathmatch with dogtags you have to pick from the dead. No real difference than the actual TDM. Everything else is the same. CTF, DOM, SAB, S&D are all there both in normal and in hardcore. I havent noticed the really "awesome" third person mode from MW2 so i guess devs realized that it was an insult to all intelligent life on this planet so they removed it :) There are only a handful of maps and this stupid voting system remains. They somehow improved it by allowing us to vote between 2 maps per session. There is no more random map selection in case the original selection was voted to skip by the players. It's either this map or that map now. However i get the feeling that there is a limited amount of maps. Also most of the maps are medium to small size urban battlefields suitable for UMP madness and campers and less joy for snipers and such. Now lets see how soon the first DLC will arive.
    Guns. Although they finally added a few of "must have guns" 90% of the MW2 weaponry is here. New additions in all weapon categories. For the complete weapon list just use google :P I do have to say that i dont see a lot of eastern toys (again)..All the rifles are western with the exception of the AK47. Same goes for all the weapon categories.. They also removed the FN FAL :( Weapon handling is identical to MW2. You wont need to get used to MW3 guns at all. Classes. I have to say i really like what they did. In MW3 you get to customize your class to its full extend. I like the fact that you can lvl up weapons now and customize your loadout even further. I also like the new killstreak system and its mechanics. Again you can customize your loadout with a much more efficient way.
    One thing i don't like is the absence of the nuke and the fact that you can reach tier2 and tier 3 killstreak rewards even if you die in the middle since once you reach the first "checkpoint" by obtaining your first killstreak if you die right after the killstreak count is not back to 0 but to its last killstreak checkpoint. In other words if you need 14 kills to call in a AC130 and you reach 5 kills and call in a predator and then you get killed the game will put you back to your 5 killstreak count meaning you ll need 9 more kills to call the AC130 while in MW2 you would be back in 0. Lame. Another thing i really hate and i hoped they would have it fixed (apparently the didn't) is the UMP and the pain it delivers. I think that this weapon is by far the most OP gun i have seen. It's like equipping your BFG and head out to kill everyone. I'ts recoiless it has tremendous accuracy and range it's light and has a superior rate of fire. If you master the UMP then every other single weapon is obsolete.Great balance. Oh and for those that haven't heard. IWnet will be our bff in MW3 as well. Apparently they don't like server based multiplayer in IW and Activision. Suffice to say that Lag and host issues are thriving. Also MW3 hates my router as well. NAT is always strict unless i DMZ my router just like in MW2. If you are addicted like me buy it now. If you use your head and respect both your hard earned cash and your intelligence don't buy it and either buy another game or wait for its price to drop. Hope my review was helpful.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    I like MW1 and MW2 , I like the black ops too but MW3 the like a DLC of MW2. Nothing new, The sounds of guns is very bad like a toys. Graphics are the same of MW2
    Singleplayer have numerous times with borring moments.
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 Review: The Good: Took all of the good things out of MW2 and Black OPS and made them into a game. The fluidity of the game is amazing. The game is gun on gun most of the time with a less amount of killstreaks in the air.

The Bad: Then they took the bad things out of Black OPS and magnified them x5. Maps are terrible, besides 1 or 2, everyone camps, and everyone uses akimbo. There are already hackers and quickscoping is easier that ever before. The spawning system is the same as it was in Black OPS, you are running around the map and people are spawning right behind you.

The Ugly: Although they introduced Kill Confirmed (aquire dogtags), camping in this game is worse than MW2 or Black OPS COMBINED! Due to the amount of added obstacles and buildings into the game, it begs for campers. Players of MW3 are only concerned about their K/D. I was amazed at the amount of players that don't even go after the dogtags of the players they kill. They wait for one of their teammates to get it for them.

Overall: Fluidity is better. Funfactor is not.

Grade: 4/10
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Where shall I start....ok graphics are looking exactly the same if not worse then MW2. Single Player didn't bring anything new, storyline was a bit of everything we've seen before and of multiplayer the reason why most of the people buy games from cod series is so poor. It's hard to explain how bad it is, if you think Black Ops was bad prepare yourself for even worse experience. Only modeWhere shall I start....ok graphics are looking exactly the same if not worse then MW2. Single Player didn't bring anything new, storyline was a bit of everything we've seen before and of multiplayer the reason why most of the people buy games from cod series is so poor. It's hard to explain how bad it is, if you think Black Ops was bad prepare yourself for even worse experience. Only mode which is actually playable it Survival. Same rules apply as in zombie except there are waves of human enemies etc. Overall very bad game, not worth of £40 spend...big disappointment. And worst thing of all is unlike my friend who bought it on Xbox 360 and returned it, I'm stuck with it forever because of stupid DRM protection which tied the cd-key to my STEAM account...oh joy...avoid at any cost Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a call of duty mw2 DLC, same graphics, same gameplay. Everything the same, I feel riped off! No ranked dedicated servers? Check. No adjustable FOV? Check. No real innovation from MW2? This is quite sad, I wish you guys could release an absolutely NEW GAME. Im going forBF3 im sorry.
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    Es una copia del MW2 total, no añaden nada nuevo y se estan dejando llevar por el nombre de la IP sin dar ninguna novedad ni arriesgarse en nada, ha llegado un punto en el que jugar al COD es lo mismo en su version 1 que 1.000 y, aunque no es un mal juego, pagar 70â
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    This is actually suppose to be a PC review of this game, however I'm writing this for all. Over the course of the last couple of days i have managed to play MW3 on steam. While traveling to a friends house and playing it on his Xbox. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game. Whether you like or dislike the COD franchise, no reason. Why should a kid who still plays MW2 with a livelyThis is actually suppose to be a PC review of this game, however I'm writing this for all. Over the course of the last couple of days i have managed to play MW3 on steam. While traveling to a friends house and playing it on his Xbox. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game. Whether you like or dislike the COD franchise, no reason. Why should a kid who still plays MW2 with a lively community, switchover to the same game with a different title for $60.

Call of duty should not be rated for its gameplay, but instead for its clever marketing schemes that encourage players to buy-in year after year.
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    Stupid, rehash, noob, casual, **** get skrikm **** unless your gay.
    uhhnrkonbuvkwobnuvwinbvuriwbnvuyriwbvyri
    wbvurwibvygbyiwrbvywvbybyibywbvywyyyyy
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just a repacked retweaked version of modern warfare 2 it feels like I am playing the exact same game. Infinity ward made absolutely no innovations to the COD series, and I bet that they won't next year when another calladooky comes out, it has so much hype and it so much suck's.save your money for battlefield 3 now that's a real first person shooter game.
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply the best FPS ever! The most cinematic experience ever in videogames history.
    The rival BF3 could be a perfect destruction engine but the storyline is weak and boring if compared with Modern Warfare 3.
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    hollywood strikes again, delivering us yet another copy and paste game.
    yeah you got record sales? so did justin bieber. does that mean anything? nope.

ugh, so upset i wasted my money on this console game.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    Unhappy with the lack of maps (same maps as Black Ops...) and extremely unhappy about the lagginess and hacking going on in Multiplay. Seriously you havent figured out how to combat cheating yet??
    Single player was a bore. Stopped playing 1/3 of the way through. Unenchanted by the franchise. I feel I wasted my money. Pretty graphics cant sell a game anymore, you must have content!

94. Nov 14, 2011
    It's a shame people wasted their hard earned money on this junk. It's the same game over & over & over again. The graphics level has continued to disappoint. Unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson either. I was disappointed in the graphics of Black Ops and this again is total disappointment. I saw a tweet the other day from one of the people responsible for this mess pleading that theIt's a shame people wasted their hard earned money on this junk. It's the same game over & over & over again. The graphics level has continued to disappoint. Unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson either. I was disappointed in the graphics of Black Ops and this again is total disappointment. I saw a tweet the other day from one of the people responsible for this mess pleading that the metacritic scores reflect the "true" % score lol. The people have spoken, and if you want to enjoy high end graphics & great multiplayer save your $$$ and buy Battlefield 3. MW3 is going back into the drawer. Expand
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    hello i buyed the game for 39â
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    When it comes to graphics MW3 actually took a step back from MW2. It look like MW1.5 graphics. The fluidity of the game is great just like it was in MW2. I am happy that they reduced the damage on grenade launchers and other explosives. I really wish they would have taken out Akimbo machine pistols all together. Akimbos in this game are way too over powered. So far the maps are all smallWhen it comes to graphics MW3 actually took a step back from MW2. It look like MW1.5 graphics. The fluidity of the game is great just like it was in MW2. I am happy that they reduced the damage on grenade launchers and other explosives. I really wish they would have taken out Akimbo machine pistols all together. Akimbos in this game are way too over powered. So far the maps are all small and close quartered, there are no open maps. Other than that I think the MP gameplay is pretty balanced. The Single player campaign was too short and really didn't have that AWE factor to it. I like the co-op Spec ops though! This game was initially a PC game then later became part of the console. Now they make the game for console and port it to PC. I just don't feel the love or support for the PC community anymore. They didn't give us ranked dedicated servers like RBowling stated "it will be the same as CoD4" but that was a tale. Alot of people purchased Mountain Dew so they could get XP, but that wont work for the PC version. I had Cod4, MW2 and Black Ops and prestige in all of them, but I dont get the prestige tokens like the console players get (why not just give the PC player a couple of tokens for free? It's not that hard to give us some gratitude for contributing to your cash cow. Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    I have played all the Call of Duty games that came before this except console spin-offs etc. PC Gamer here! I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was pretty good, solid single player. Maybe a bit short.. took me about 5.5 hours. Same formula as all the other >CODMW games, works fine for me. The multiplayer: I think it's the same as COD MW MW2 WaW and BO. Doesn't really bother me since it'sI have played all the Call of Duty games that came before this except console spin-offs etc. PC Gamer here! I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was pretty good, solid single player. Maybe a bit short.. took me about 5.5 hours. Same formula as all the other >CODMW games, works fine for me. The multiplayer: I think it's the same as COD MW MW2 WaW and BO. Doesn't really bother me since it's solid game play. Don't change what isn't broken. However I would like ranked dedicated servers for the next Call of Duty. I honestly don't get why people here will rate anything below 5, Big Rigs Over the Road Racing anyone? I would like to thank the developers and everyone that has worked on this game! Great Job... Expand
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is great, even if the engine is still the same, and I'm talking about the multiplayer since it's what I buy it for. The main reason is because IW removed the perks that didn't make sense (stopping power, commando, whatever) and instead of getting stuck to stopping power to win, I can now enjoy the other perks fairly. Also, the game barely got any bugs. Finally, it isModern Warfare 3 is great, even if the engine is still the same, and I'm talking about the multiplayer since it's what I buy it for. The main reason is because IW removed the perks that didn't make sense (stopping power, commando, whatever) and instead of getting stuck to stopping power to win, I can now enjoy the other perks fairly. Also, the game barely got any bugs. Finally, it is complete unlike Battlefield 3. That game is just broken and not worth buying, sticking to Battlefield 2 is better. I only brought it up because everybody's comparing those two. Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    I love this game it is one of the best i ever played. Mw3 has one of the beast multiplayer experiences and the new spec ops mode is cool. All in need to say is this game is An amazing game.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay