Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.6

1. i59
    Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 is a complete joke compared to its predecessors. The majority of assets are seemingly re-used from MW2 and previous CoD games, while gameplay feels very boring and sometimes incredibly slowed down from what you would expect after playing MW2.

If you're after the spec-ops feature, this game could give you a couple of hours of fun. However, if you're interested in Singleplayer or Multiplayer you should definitely look at getting another game.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game

This game really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Have both battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3. Compare to battlefield 3 I can not find any reason to buy modern warfare 3 now therefore I really want to trade it in but as you know it is linked to your account. The feel of this game is that it is totally a map pack for modern warfare series, nothing new at all. My PC is I5 760+GTX460 1GB and I knew they did not change the graphic engine butHave both battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3. Compare to battlefield 3 I can not find any reason to buy modern warfare 3 now therefore I really want to trade it in but as you know it is linked to your account. The feel of this game is that it is totally a map pack for modern warfare series, nothing new at all. My PC is I5 760+GTX460 1GB and I knew they did not change the graphic engine but the graphic is even worst than the modern warfare 1! Both single and multi player are boring.
    So, AVOID this game! Battlefield 3 is a much better choice if you want a FPS game.
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not a fanboy, but it's simply the best online FPS, I don't see here 1.8 mark. Yes, it may be "DLC for MW2", but it's a sequel to MW2, it doesn't need to have everything changed upside down.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    Just finished the game and it is a complete disappointment. All i got is basically first modern warfare with dumb storyline and very old styled multiplayer for 12 players. If they would ask 6$ for this i would be glad but 60$ price makes this game garbage.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    And I quote: "Modern Warfare 3 is pure perfection in gameplay and graphics, and it's only going to get better as more DLC arrives and the game is refined and balanced as the designers analyze real-time data from all the matches being played." Wait, pure perfection in graphics? Am I missing something? The CoD franchise hasn't seen improvements in quality in years, what is this guy/siteAnd I quote: "Modern Warfare 3 is pure perfection in gameplay and graphics, and it's only going to get better as more DLC arrives and the game is refined and balanced as the designers analyze real-time data from all the matches being played." Wait, pure perfection in graphics? Am I missing something? The CoD franchise hasn't seen improvements in quality in years, what is this guy/site talking about?

It is sickening that Activision just slapped new skins over the old gun models, reused many map models from previous games, and even had the balls to allow players to pay an extra $50 for a stat service. Just goes to show that loyal fans will always be just that, loyal. I don't understand how anyone could truly say this game is something new..
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    Reheated soupe. meah . Realy tired of the same crap , not bad for an expansion but not worth the money, definetly. Just for the nobrainer fanboys .
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Disappointing rehash of an old, old, very old, franchise. Call of Duty used to feel unique but they have milked this cashcow to death a long time ago. Avoid.
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    I find it disgraceful how they continue to milk the franchise by asking a full AAA-price that doesn't show in any comparable changes. Not only do they further consolize PC versions, but it has a huge negative effect on the game industry as a whole that does not reward creativity or innovation.
  10. Nov 14, 2011
    This game fails on many levels. Too many to name here. A blockbuster robbery of taking our 60 bucks. They repackaged mw2 and changed a perk or 2 and pushed it out the door to sell. I am pissd. I can't believe how they did not listen to one single thing from the PC community. The dedicated servers are not ranked so we have to play with horrible lag that erupts from the terrible iwnet andThis game fails on many levels. Too many to name here. A blockbuster robbery of taking our 60 bucks. They repackaged mw2 and changed a perk or 2 and pushed it out the door to sell. I am pissd. I can't believe how they did not listen to one single thing from the PC community. The dedicated servers are not ranked so we have to play with horrible lag that erupts from the terrible iwnet and matchmaking mess that comes with this piece of garbage. I want a refund. I could have bought 2 ubisoft games and had more fun and more support. This game will require 4 patches to make it playable. Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    Its MW2 with new maps and a campaign which i have not even played yet. Purely from multiplayer side it looks like I went and got my mw2 CD out and installed it. They even forgot to change the error code when the game crashes, it says do you want to reset your settings to mw2, yes go check it out. Dissapointment that developers can make such a DLC and sell as a brand new game. There is noIts MW2 with new maps and a campaign which i have not even played yet. Purely from multiplayer side it looks like I went and got my mw2 CD out and installed it. They even forgot to change the error code when the game crashes, it says do you want to reset your settings to mw2, yes go check it out. Dissapointment that developers can make such a DLC and sell as a brand new game. There is no battle between bf3 and mw3, bf3 although totally different game, beats mw3 on all accounts. bf3 even beats them on guns details and being able to climb on stuff where mw3 map developers said " no u cannot even jump on that small box" Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    This game was rubbish and is identical to the majority of Call of Duty that came before it. Do not buy. KILL WITH FIRE and go buy Skyrim. At least it has decent graphics and good gameplay. That and the single-player was a complete dissapointment .
  13. Nov 14, 2011
    Played ANY cod game before? then you will have seen everything on offer.
    Fan of MW1? rinse, repeat and save yourself a few quid.

Same engine, a few new weapons and perks in MP and another chapter in the story.

This would be a free content patch in a Valve game and DLC by other publishers.
    Recommend you check out BF3 tbh.
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    This is like buying MW2 again. Crappy linear multiplayer that is played out how they wanna play. The campaign is drawn out in a crappy predictable line. The game play is basically a line shooter that you play at an arcade. The engine is freaking 13 years old...no dedicated pc servers, have to PAY for cod elite..activision is just here raping everyones wallets.
  15. Nov 14, 2011
    I've been a fan of the COD series since the first one. I liked the original games and COD4 so much, but its trying my patience. I still bought BO and MW3, because I like the single player campaigns. I liked the story, up until MW3. Its just too linear, there isn't even the illusion of controlling your own player besides shooting the endless spawns of baddies. Bottom line, in myI've been a fan of the COD series since the first one. I liked the original games and COD4 so much, but its trying my patience. I still bought BO and MW3, because I like the single player campaigns. I liked the story, up until MW3. Its just too linear, there isn't even the illusion of controlling your own player besides shooting the endless spawns of baddies. Bottom line, in my opinion, not worth full price, not by a long shot. If you buy this at all, pick it up on sale sometime in the distant future. Expand
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a maps pack for MW1! And the game takes no skill whatsoever, no need for aiming, no need for caring about health, no need for strategy. At least there are a lot of explosions and bullets, so it is kinda entertaining specially if you play with your friends at home a friday night.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    Just disappointing and nothing more. No improves on graphic, unclear story, control with a lot of rubbish setting.... It is worst in MW1 and MW2..... Even worse than COD 7
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP: This was for me the primary reason to get MW3 in the first place and I can now say I am on the fence on this one. On the plus side the Level design and general scripting is overall top notch with some serious creativity when it comes to the underwater level or the airplane sequence. I actually felt bad for whoever designed the Paris level as i can see how nicely detailed and close to the real thing it is but the level is such that the player just dont get to see anything, it goes so fast! Iâ Expand
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    an ok game, but just a re-hash of Mw2, dont see how they justfy the $60 outlay. this is rubbish. Bf3 has it faults many of them but this is maddness. yet stupid people will continue to purchase this crap over and over.
  20. Nov 14, 2011
    For this to be worth the $60, considering this is the exact same thing as MW2 with a different skin, IW would have to include all MP maps from MW2 plus DLC's. They don't owe us, the PC gamers anything, but in this case it's really not asking much . They didn't even go to the trouble to fix ANYTHING about people hacking (see: CoD: Elite for PC) BEFORE releasing their game on PC. SinceFor this to be worth the $60, considering this is the exact same thing as MW2 with a different skin, IW would have to include all MP maps from MW2 plus DLC's. They don't owe us, the PC gamers anything, but in this case it's really not asking much . They didn't even go to the trouble to fix ANYTHING about people hacking (see: CoD: Elite for PC) BEFORE releasing their game on PC. Since this is clearly a console port, take a tip and release the PC version at a later date. Take Arkham City for example...It's not even out yet for PC

The emblems and call signs are basically rehashed, updated art. The only thing that's changed really are the perks, and I do like how each class get's it's own specific kill streak option.

And then there's the huge dip in framerate when an occasional lobby map is loaded. But even that is overshadowed by other issues with this game. I haven't even based this review on Singleplayer since I haven't loaded it (rank 74?), but at this point i'd rather just buy Skyrim like I should have done in the first place.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    This game looks terrible (2x580s SLI + i7, so yes, it's maxed out). The previous 3 CoD games had better graphics by far. While I can live with the poor quality graphics for the sake of a fun game, the player 'head bob' nauseating. Then there's IWNet In short, it would have been better to sell another map pack for MW2 for both MP and Spec Ops. Then mod it for dedicated servers.

I won't say

I won't say never again to buying a CoD title but it's unlikely I'll buy anything developed by Infinity Ward again. Bring it on Treyarch
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    I joined metacritic solely for the purpose of saying " Activision have fooled us into buying their unworthy of the MW name piece of of crap !!" .... This is a recycled product of 5 years not even dressed with a new cloth !! ... This only shows how messy it is in Infinity ward after the loss of their founders and their competent team" .... Total waste of money .. Don't buy it Don't buy it
  23. Nov 14, 2011
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    IWnet is a matchmaking system to benefit who??? Does it match low ranks with other low ranks ... NO!
    IW promised us that they had listened to the PC community, listened to what we had cried out for. Dedicated servers was that cry so!!! So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    Dedicated servers was that cry so!!!
    So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the hackers and a ping that at best holds for one round maybe two.
    The game has so much promise and that is where the positive ends ... shot down in flames by lack of servers.
    Rehashed copy of MW2 with the usual ill treatment of PC gamers.
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    Take a hint from your competitors and try something new. Playing the same game every year had wore out its welcome by MW2, now it's starting to get ridiculous.
  25. Nov 13, 2011
    Singleplayer was a cinematic blast as it always was and the survival mode is a great addition. However, multiplayer is plagued by lag due to ranked games only being peer-to-peer as the standard for the console systems. I don't understand why the programmers for this game didn't learn the lesson from MW2. There isn't even a chat room during the lobby screen. I appreciate the additionSingleplayer was a cinematic blast as it always was and the survival mode is a great addition. However, multiplayer is plagued by lag due to ranked games only being peer-to-peer as the standard for the console systems. I don't understand why the programmers for this game didn't learn the lesson from MW2. There isn't even a chat room during the lobby screen. I appreciate the addition of the dedicated servers, but they are only available for unranked play. In addition the Server List option is hidden by default, only accessible after digging through the options menu. I can't give this game a 0, because I do enjoy parts of it. The gun play seems great so far, aside from the lag, and I enjoyed the single player, but I don't feel like this game was worth the money I dropped on it. I don't think I can see myself reaching max rank with how hindered I am with latency and turned off by it. They even left thing ping "bars" in instead of giving us actual numbers again. Why couldn't these guys give us ranked servers with similar "play now" functionality of everyone's favorite hat-themed-war-simulator? Click the button, ask for game-type, drop you into a server with that criteria. (That game is now free and still very fun)
    I wish that Call of Duty recycled maps, in addition to giving us these new ones. I mean, what harm can including old maps do? We'll probably have to pay for them. I likely won't buy them, then I'll likely get booted from every game I try playing because I "do not own this DLC" (It's happened with MW2. It once took about 20 minutes trying to find a game I could even join. Then when I finally did, I had one, "red" ping bar. It was terrible.)

Well, if you stuck around this far, I might as well mention things I -do- like. I do like that my favorite guns are in this game. I like the throwing knife. I like the riot shield.
  26. Nov 13, 2011
    I play on PC, and have a 27MB connection...As well as an amazing AMD 6 core rig.

But thanks to this **** called P2P matchmaking, I cant even get 3/10 bars of ping (reset it to 10, intervals of 20 MS). I have a topic on this, with internet tests to show what I got. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2229603 OH and lets add this to the list: No CoD ELITE No Founder

OH and lets add this to the list:
    No CoD ELITE
    No Founder Status/camo
    No ranked dedi servers
    Being lied to about the Dew/Duritos Double XP STILL having to pay FULL PRICE for ALL DLC (TY no elite)
    OH, and a little top off.......NO PRESTIGE TOKENS FOR PC USERS FOR PREVIOUS COD'S
  27. Nov 13, 2011
    Geez I signed up on this site just so I could say how bad this is. What the hell were they thinking? Im so fecking tired of this stupid consolized **** Just check for the video "if quake was done today" and you see what I mean. total crap.
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    Es horrible el juego! campaña pobre y multiplayer repetitivo! No hicieron nada por innovar algo dentro del juego, es pesimo , las texturas son un asco para la epoca, parece que fue creado para chiquitos el juego.
  29. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a joke. I understand certain needs to recycle game content but this is ridiculous. Modern Warfare 1... Great. Modern Warfare 2... Why did I spend $70 on a graphical update and new story? Modern Warfare 3... Oh hi there Modern Warfare 1n2.
  30. Nov 13, 2011
    The game looks exactly like MW2, it's literally just a mod. The safe mode dialogue actually says "Modern Warfare 2 did not close properly last time". And what happened to dedicated servers? Aren't you guys learning from the criticisms of the garbage iwnet matchmaking system from MW2? Overall, the multiplayer gameplay gives me a very bad taste on why I hated the COD franchise.
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    The Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with a half good product. CoD is value for money but is lacking in original creativity. The special Ops is well done, the story pretty much sucks (no excuses - it sucks and you have brain damage if you think it's a good story), and the multiplayer isThe Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with a half good product. CoD is value for money but is lacking in original creativity. The special Ops is well done, the story pretty much sucks (no excuses - it sucks and you have brain damage if you think it's a good story), and the multiplayer is the same as ever with little innovation. I do recommend MW3 due its surface fun and value for money but it lacks to what should have been something much much more. Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know what the hell is goin on, but I have been playing MW3 and it is a kick ass game. I own BF3 on the pc and find it to be a good game also, but MW3 exceeded my expectations where I am having a hell lot more fun than BF3, in how MW3 is still using the same winning formula that is a lot more refined, polished and balanced. I give a "Hooah" to Sledgehammer games in really makingI don't know what the hell is goin on, but I have been playing MW3 and it is a kick ass game. I own BF3 on the pc and find it to be a good game also, but MW3 exceeded my expectations where I am having a hell lot more fun than BF3, in how MW3 is still using the same winning formula that is a lot more refined, polished and balanced. I give a "Hooah" to Sledgehammer games in really making this game happen with Infinity Ward, I can tell they really worked hard on this game, say what you will but they did a great job with this game. I was very very very skeptical about this game, especially after the whole controversy surrounding Activision and Infinity Ward but I have totally changed my preconceived notions about this game after really playing it and am still a COD fan. Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    wow....how much are these "professional" review companies getting paid to give this game such a high score. MW3 is complete crap. It's a $60 map pack.....AGAIN. Graphics are very cartoon like (not like TF2, but that was the point of TF2). Gun sounds are horrible, maps are slightly bigger than nuketown in COD:BO. Plain and simple, its a bad game and they need to make some seriouswow....how much are these "professional" review companies getting paid to give this game such a high score. MW3 is complete crap. It's a $60 map pack.....AGAIN. Graphics are very cartoon like (not like TF2, but that was the point of TF2). Gun sounds are horrible, maps are slightly bigger than nuketown in COD:BO. Plain and simple, its a bad game and they need to make some serious changes before MW2.2... I mean MW4 Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2011
    I have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totallyI have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totally bland sp in just over 4 hours.... Wtf? Okay, I was feling rather let down at this point so I fired up mp. After checking to make sure my graphics didn't accidentally get set to low, I realized the game looked like MW2, but not as good. Yes, I started up MW2 to check. I played for 2 days trying out the game modes and have come to the conclusion that I have been suckered. If they would have just patched MW2, and offered a map pack, it would have been better. I feel dirty. I am certain that I will make more stupid mistakes in life, but buying another MW title will not be one of them. Expand
  35. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is mediocre at best, running on the same engine as the previous 3 Call of Duty games and failing to bring anything new or innovative to the table. To top it off, the game has terrible multiplayer balance issues. Essentially, it is Modern Warfare 2.5.
    If you're bored and want a fast-paced run-and-gun non-tactical shooter to just play around in, MW3 is fine.
    Modern Warfare
    Modern Warfare 3? More like Money Wasted 3.
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    I ahve been a CoD player for year, and this is the worst attempt at a money grab I have ever seen. I already own this game x2 in the form of mw1 and mw2. The sounds are putrid, graphics old, stale, and lacking any colors. I have buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe after buying this game. It really is just DLC for mw2. Whats worse... they are going to sell you the old maps fromI ahve been a CoD player for year, and this is the worst attempt at a money grab I have ever seen. I already own this game x2 in the form of mw1 and mw2. The sounds are putrid, graphics old, stale, and lacking any colors. I have buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe after buying this game. It really is just DLC for mw2. Whats worse... they are going to sell you the old maps from mw2 and mw1 as DLC... raping you again. GG activision/IW/Sledge, you are truly con artists. I am not a bf3 fanboy either. I havent ever played bf until now. At least they are really developing a game and not cloning. Expand
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    Fan-bloody-tastic! Picks up where MW2 left off seamlessly. Graphics 10/10. Sound 10/10, story who cares! Can't get enough, 6 hours is not long enough but I'll be playing multiplayer for months I imagine so all-in-all great value.
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    Having played the complete series both campaign and multi-player, I have to say its nice to have a new game but why so soon? They could have spent a lot more time between games thinking of something a little more original. I mean when I got to the second or third scene in the campaign I felt like I was playing MW2... While I like the faster pace during the missions or maybe its that IHaving played the complete series both campaign and multi-player, I have to say its nice to have a new game but why so soon? They could have spent a lot more time between games thinking of something a little more original. I mean when I got to the second or third scene in the campaign I felt like I was playing MW2... While I like the faster pace during the missions or maybe its that I selected a difficulty higher than NOOB, I don't know.. I would give the single player a 6 just because I'm sure a lot of work went into it and its not glitchy at all. I am going to have to say the multi-player is a 4 and the same game graphically as the last 2 (I know the dev's will rage because I said that but its true, move on, get a new engine please) Welcome to 2011. Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    The only entertaining part of this game is the online multiplayer, and the only change here is a few tweeks to the killstreak reward system, and a new gamemode. This could have easily just been a mw2 patch, and to charge $60 for this is ludicrous. The same thing in a new package. DO NOT BUY.
  40. Nov 13, 2011
    Same lag. Same cheats. Same hacks. Same rage.

Same lag. Same cheats. Same hacks. Same rage.

No, I'm not a BF3 fanboy. I've never played any Battlefield in my life. The professional critics have totally dropped the ball on this one. How could they have rated something so high that normal gamers are panning? CoD needs a complete redesign from the ground up to eliminate the cheaters and fix the lag. That probably means dedicated servers with server admins. Until then, avoid this thing like the plague.
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is a complete waste of money. I should have just put my cash to the Black ops expansions I never bought. There isn't much I could say that other who didn't like this game have not. They should have just called this CoD Arcade because that is what the game play feels like. I have never played on maps so small, and the spawning is terrible. It's like they want you to spawn andThis game is a complete waste of money. I should have just put my cash to the Black ops expansions I never bought. There isn't much I could say that other who didn't like this game have not. They should have just called this CoD Arcade because that is what the game play feels like. I have never played on maps so small, and the spawning is terrible. It's like they want you to spawn and immediately get into a fight. What a waste of money. Last time I buy a CoD game that isn't a ground up rebuild and on a disc I can sell to someone else. Expand
  42. Nov 13, 2011
    MW3, well to review this game you could have just played MW2 its exactly the same with a few minor changes. I've played a lot of cod over the years since cod 4, about 80 days worth so i know and love cod especially the multilayer, ive maxed out prestige in all the games since cod 4. MW3 is exactly the same as MW2 same game engine, same graphics, same sounds, same guns, with a few new addedMW3, well to review this game you could have just played MW2 its exactly the same with a few minor changes. I've played a lot of cod over the years since cod 4, about 80 days worth so i know and love cod especially the multilayer, ive maxed out prestige in all the games since cod 4. MW3 is exactly the same as MW2 same game engine, same graphics, same sounds, same guns, with a few new added little perks and what not but it just seems that they have put absolutely no effort in game development over the past 2 years, with such a big market share and big budgets you would think they would produce something new and innovative to liven up the cod series but they haven't its the same as MW2. Its still fun though and if you liked MW2 you will like MW3, prestige in this game is said to have greater rewards which is something ive always wanted, but i wont be playing this game, something unusual for me as ive played every other cod game to death but its just the same game repackaged every year. go buy cod 4 instead. im gonna go play skyrim. Expand
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 1, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3...
    Always the same game since 5 years (same engine, same IA, same scripts...).
    Activision does not care about players.
  44. Nov 13, 2011
    I saw all scores most of you people gave to this game. Why all so 0 points? I bought both games: battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. I just can say that graphically, BF3 is wonderful... But the real epic is still on Modern Warfare. Bored of fanboys of both sides, though.
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    Garbage game... dont be an idiot and waste 60 **** euros on this heap of **** graphics are worse than mw2 AND cod 4!!!. all maps are small and the colouring of the game is blurry and i play on a high end PC. yes the PC version is a joke just a console port with no options to change anything. i wouldnt even pay 10 euros for this ****
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is so bad I don't know where to begin. It looks cartoony, you can't pick your own server, there's nothing new. Save your money. I played all the COD games and MW3 is so lame it's like a pre-version of all of them. Like they went backwards in development.
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    COD MW3 it´s not a bad game, but only if you don´t have MW2 or black ops, for the type of game it´s overpriced, maybe 40 dollars will be a more realistic price for this game.
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    You can't compare BF3 with MW3, it's not apples and apples. BF3 is a next-gen game with so much to offer and so much promise for expansion and longevity for playing with mates in the future. MW3 is a shocking, terrible cash grab expansion pack for MW2 and has 'wonderful' features like: No Hardcore Mode till Level 19 (WTF?), Dedicated Servers....somewhere....if you can find them, MatchYou can't compare BF3 with MW3, it's not apples and apples. BF3 is a next-gen game with so much to offer and so much promise for expansion and longevity for playing with mates in the future. MW3 is a shocking, terrible cash grab expansion pack for MW2 and has 'wonderful' features like: No Hardcore Mode till Level 19 (WTF?), Dedicated Servers....somewhere....if you can find them, Match Making....putting level 5's and below with 40's and 50's......welcome to the game... NOT. EPIC fail. Save your money for another game, Craptivision don't deserve your hard earned dollars. Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is an insult to gamers everywhere. It's a repackage of MW2 (a great game) for another 60 dollars. Had Activision charged 30 dollars for MW3 and called it an expansion, I wouldn't be so mad... as it stands? **** Activision.
  50. Nov 13, 2011
    I give average 8. For both single and multiplayer. I like the game, a lot. Aint so bad like so many people likes to say, campaing was awesome in my opinion, but multiplayer lacks biger maps and wider ones. Special Ops are fun, campaing was ton of fun. Multiplayer is fun, but like mw2...mw3 suffers greatly from hackers. Which i hope will be taken care of and fast. I thank developers becauseI give average 8. For both single and multiplayer. I like the game, a lot. Aint so bad like so many people likes to say, campaing was awesome in my opinion, but multiplayer lacks biger maps and wider ones. Special Ops are fun, campaing was ton of fun. Multiplayer is fun, but like mw2...mw3 suffers greatly from hackers. Which i hope will be taken care of and fast. I thank developers because they didint completly overhaul the game. This is sequel, not an entirely new game. I regret buying Black ops and was haping this game isn´t like it...In summary, graphics arent nothing new but for me they are eye candy. I dont expect to see awesome game engine on every new cod. Gameplay wise it´s more than i hoped for. I just hope in future they add wider MP maps that doesnt have ton of visual graph in it. Little less and it will be perfect. I wont compare this game to Bf3, havent tried it yet. It´s awesome for certain but aint my type of an game...Got enough in bad company 1/2. Expand
  51. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare is the wrong name, nothing modern about it since it was released what 5 years ago..Recycled trash sold for an obscenely high price. Don't buy this garbage and encourage game producers to take consumers for granted.
  52. Nov 13, 2011
    I mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay andI mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay and you can buy 4 copies for the price of this POS. Expand
  53. Nov 13, 2011
    This is rdiculous. Plain and simple.This game is nothing more than a $60 mediocre map pack. The graphics are low key and dull and the audio is pathetic. I wasn't sure if i was shooting a sniper rifle or a pellet gun. The gameplay is exactly what it has been for the last three years, the campain is short and dry, and the online is nothig more than MW2 with new maps. Overall veryThis is rdiculous. Plain and simple.This game is nothing more than a $60 mediocre map pack. The graphics are low key and dull and the audio is pathetic. I wasn't sure if i was shooting a sniper rifle or a pellet gun. The gameplay is exactly what it has been for the last three years, the campain is short and dry, and the online is nothig more than MW2 with new maps. Overall very disappointing, a perfect example of taking hat used to be a good franchise and running it into the ground. How does this manage to appeal to the millions who buy it? Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2011
    In 2011, 18 player MP with , no lean/peek, reduced playability of S&D. This game is 'consolized' beyond recognition.

For this price, thanks, but no thanks.

Moving over to Red Orchestra 2.

Adios CoD/MW! Until CoD4MW it was nice knowing you.
  55. Nov 13, 2011
    Ridiculously bad. It's a carbon copy of mw2 and and best should be called MW2.5. Same engine, too. I never really expect much from Activision anyways, since everyone who works there is a piece of dirt anyways. Same **** different november.
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    PT-BR: Eu não sou fanboy de BF3 ou MW3, mas BF3 está muito melhor que esse MW3. Esse jogo é simplesmente o MW2 reciclado. Estou decepcionado.
    English: I'm not a fanboy, but BF3 is better, this game is the MW2 recycled. I am desapointed.
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty series has much to do to keep in compliance with the competition this year. The engine of Modern Warfare 3 does not compare against that of Battlefield 3, the graphics and style of the game remain the same ... Yet the developers have demonstrated ingenuity and creativity. Between the exciting single player campaign, a ton of multiplayer content, the revised Special Ops, the result is final. Call of Duty franchise retains its place among the heavyweights of the genre and touches perfection. Expand
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    They are just making fun of you. All they want is your money. It is exactly the same as the years before.
    I checked it with a friend and I am so glad that I didn't buy it. Find someone other stupid. This year without me!
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. defined in one word perfect, is the best game of the year and point the player to follow a game by the graphics and not by its history, content, and gameplay I do not know why you are playing video games, go see movies in 3D to see if it excites you idiot XD and no hassle, Call of Duty is the kind of game that everyone should have in your repertoire that **** if what they say they will not play Call of Duty just because has an old graphics engine lol Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is not worth to have the name "Call of duty" on it! Its a shame for the series!

We all, that paid money for a game that has non new features compare to MW2 have to feel robbed by activision!

This game looks and feels ****
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    This is just an attempt to get cash. Activision surpasses sales every year, but that's it for me.

Aspects: -Gameplay: MW2 with different perks, absurd amount of glitches that were forgotten to be fixed (quickscoping and such), relocation of the EXP counter, point killstreaks. That's it. -Graphics: Same old boring MW2 color scheme. Dated. REALLY dated. That crappy contrast and insanely

Aspects:

-Graphics: Same old boring MW2 color scheme. Dated. REALLY dated. That crappy contrast and insanely low poly models are only disguised by the mediocre textures.

-Sound: Horrible. Feels like the bullets are made of rubber. The gun sounds are boring, weird and repetitive. The rest is ported from MW2.

-Lacks vehicles.

-The game is unbalanced, and they brought back glitches from MW2.

There is nothing to like about this game. If you buy it, enjoy your 60 dollar map pack.
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    In short, this game is a MW2 map pack, with perhaps a small update to introduce the ability to see which killstreak you are on and change a couple of weapons.
    This: for £40? No chance.
    The thing that really annoys me is how this thing is getting good reviews from critics. Can I just ask how? You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a
    This: for £40? No chance.
    You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a good game. So is Modern Warfare 2. What has changed? Essentially, nothing. Over the past few years we have come to accept the fact that Activision will keep recycling the same game engine, graphics, weapons, online structure, etc. We buy it full price and ask no questions.
    Activision's titles have little more improvement from their predecessors than a common dlc, and this HAS to be considered when reviewing their games.
    Come on critics, wipe Activisions brown substance off your face and take a look at reality.
    If this were the first game in the Call of Duty franchise and this was a completely new game, I'd give it a 7 or 8.
    As an improvement to the predecessor and in terms of value for money, this is a 0.
    Not worth buying until either all of your friends have deserted you or the price drops considerably.
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    I don't understand why all the low ratings, it's a great game. I mean, it's very similar to the other modern warfare games, but it's fast paced combat and rewarding perks and rank ups make it a fun exciting game.
  64. Nov 13, 2011
    None of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, whichNone of the big issues from BO and MW2 were fixed. The MP is still based on listen servers. Yes, you can play on dedicated servers, but you can't unlock anything there, so you HAVE TO endure craptacular hit reg until you hit max level and unlock everything you need. Respawn system is still hard at work to make you claw your own eyes out. The rest of seems like a copy-paste of MW2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but hardly worth the price of a full game. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    From what i have seen i will not waste my money on this game. i have COD4 (the start of great things), World At War (better...SUPERFUNN), MW2 (spec ops enough said), black ops (four players in zombies .....). now with the user reviews i have seen i think i will just wait till Infinity Ward &Treyarch make games again ohhh and Bobby Kotick start thinking about the users Thanx Kik
  66. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as mw2, copy and paste of the game, i feel this game is a scam. I paid the price of a full featured game to get this recycled mw2 with a few things renamed and new weapons. The campaign is cheap and feels very put together. I was expecting so much from this game and it's much worse than i hoped for. The very limited dedicated server support feels like they just put it in to shut theSame as mw2, copy and paste of the game, i feel this game is a scam. I paid the price of a full featured game to get this recycled mw2 with a few things renamed and new weapons. The campaign is cheap and feels very put together. I was expecting so much from this game and it's much worse than i hoped for. The very limited dedicated server support feels like they just put it in to shut the pc gamers up.

The multiplayer is pretty much the same as mw2(still many little annoyances) but the hit detection is much worse now. When i shoot next to a guy i usually end up hitting him, most likely they did this to make up for the lagg that happens because they didn't put in proper dedicated server support. The maps are also very bad and most are just reskins of previous maps with a few little changes but major paths are still the same
  67. Nov 13, 2011
    I'm playing COD since COD 1. I share the opinion of many before that COD is geting more and more bad. Only look at the graphik and level design in the mp and than compare to BF 3, who are interested in creating a really great graphik with great levels. There are worlds between it. Try to sniper in the little maps of COD. Its nearly impossible. Than the spawn system. Just stay for no 10I'm playing COD since COD 1. I share the opinion of many before that COD is geting more and more bad. Only look at the graphik and level design in the mp and than compare to BF 3, who are interested in creating a really great graphik with great levels. There are worlds between it. Try to sniper in the little maps of COD. Its nearly impossible. Than the spawn system. Just stay for no 10 sek somewhere. I swear you'l be knifed by someone who spawns beside you. Its no playing, its nothing more than dying-spawning, dying-spawning.....and clearly, it's programmed, because the maps are big as a little shoe-box. Than dedis, but not ranket. What the hell is this ?? Let the player decide . . bla bla bla ... It really makes no fun for me any more. It's the last COD I've byed . Sorry... Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2011
    All in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximizeAll in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximize sales but not looking long term. I just wonder how long millions are going to buy a product so similar to the last every year.
    Nevertheless, if you aren't too busy playing Skyrim to leave your living room and will be able to play this game online, you'll find this game is worth picking up.
  69. Nov 13, 2011
    This game has disappointed me in everything: the best single player delusional from all that I did see, the atmosphere in the game, well conceived weapons balance in multiplayer - all terrible. Developers do not care about the players, they would only pull money from people. The standard time for me was the Cull of-Duty 4, then went just up the game: one part to another, with little innovation
  70. Nov 13, 2011
    gostei mais de mw3 do q bf3 tenho os dois originais,gostei mais do mw3 pq acho q o bf3 exagerou nos grafica,ficou bonito os graficos mas para joga no ultra tem de ter um pc de 4 mil reais e gosto de jogar os jogos no ultra
  71. Nov 13, 2011
    muy simple...me siento estafado por lo que pague. un juego reciclado, y ya explotado hasta la muerte. Lo que mas me molesta es el audio el sonido de las armas, parecen airsoft que armas,realmente lamentable todo esto. Espero que para el proximo call reapunten. si si tengo el bf3 pero no entra a competir con el call, le doy esta nota por que sinceramente se las merecen infinite awards ymuy simple...me siento estafado por lo que pague. un juego reciclado, y ya explotado hasta la muerte. Lo que mas me molesta es el audio el sonido de las armas, parecen airsoft que armas,realmente lamentable todo esto. Espero que para el proximo call reapunten. si si tengo el bf3 pero no entra a competir con el call, le doy esta nota por que sinceramente se las merecen infinite awards y activion basta de burlarse de los gamers. prefiero mi MW1 que esta basura que compre Expand
  72. Nov 13, 2011
    Glen Schofield asked me to come and vote for this game. How could I refuse him. Do not be lazy register and put this game deserved a zero.I think zero is suspiciously high otseka for this game.
  73. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a game is DCL.

JUST A GOOD single player campaign, and a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys,

$60 for this DCL? Crazy... only copy/paste game!
  74. Nov 13, 2011
    Wasn't sure if this review belonged in the MW2 section or this, since they are pretty much the same game. Let's see £50 for a game I already bought two year ago with some changes to the perks and maps ? I think not I'd like to see the MW franchise either reinvent itself or disappear completely. The story was short took me about 3 hours and the MP was dismal. The graphicsWasn't sure if this review belonged in the MW2 section or this, since they are pretty much the same game. Let's see £50 for a game I already bought two year ago with some changes to the perks and maps ? I think not I'd like to see the MW franchise either reinvent itself or disappear completely. The story was short took me about 3 hours and the MP was dismal. The graphics engine was hailed as the dogs bollocks before this was released saying it rivalled BF3 and yet all they added was Ambient Occlusion which adds a little detail but that feature has been available to all nvidia users since 2009. Of course Activision will release DLC that will be £12 a shot and will have 3 maps most likely from the last MW3 and one new map that took them all of 20 minutes to make. I imagine all the hurr durr console fans will be creaming over this and the intelligent consoleers will see through this scam. This game only merits as an expansion to MW2 at most. Anyway Activision have lost me as a customer as their customer service is terrible and they wouldn't let me change my username saying that it is impossible to do. Expand
  75. Nov 13, 2011
    Same as MW2, a good copy/paste work made by Activision to milk the game. I bet they will release a few DLC for 20bux too.

This is a braindead game with nothing new. A lot of stupid kids will play it.
  76. Nov 13, 2011
    This game will get a point for everything they did that WASN'T a copy/paste of MW2 So, here is the list:
    1. Spec Ops survival: Yes, its a rehash of zombies, but its kinda cool, actually.
    2. The new kill streaks/weapon proficiency things: Not major enough for one each, but they deserve a mention. 3. Splitscreen multiplayer: yes it was in black ops, but its new to modern warfare, so it
    3. Splitscreen multiplayer: yes it was in black ops, but its new to modern warfare, so it counts.
    4. They fixed a lot of the problems I had with the game (its what MW2 SHOULD and COULD have been)

Now, I'm going to subtract a point for everything that sucks a big one:

1. The campaign: Not like it wasn't expected, but its still a pile of ****
    2. The graphics: I mean, come on, you knew this would happen Activision, its been 4 years, grow a pair and make a new engine.
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    Despite being a long time fan of call of duty I couldn't take this any more. modern warfare 3 has degraded into an overrated cash cow and a copy and paste of previous titles. Save your precious money by not buying this worthless game.
  78. Nov 13, 2011
    If this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objectsIf this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objects from mw 1 and put them into campaign in mw3. They did almost none improvement to weapons sound, since they all sound almost the same and very unusual and yeh a bad port from consoles since FOV is very low, beacuse of which I couldnt play the game very long, since it is very annoying to me, but I really dont care since the game is boring to me and I will probably never play it again.
    However gameplay Is smooth,fast paced and everything , but paying 60â
  79. Nov 13, 2011
    I enjoyed the SP ride and MP is fun (although I'm getting whacked with regularity). The franchise is taking predictable paths and I suspect the break-up w/Infinity Ward kept this from becoming a great game (it's good...but there's so much more here that could-have-been). I guess the question is whether or not the game is now on Madden-like yearly updates (nothing more than a cash grab)I enjoyed the SP ride and MP is fun (although I'm getting whacked with regularity). The franchise is taking predictable paths and I suspect the break-up w/Infinity Ward kept this from becoming a great game (it's good...but there's so much more here that could-have-been). I guess the question is whether or not the game is now on Madden-like yearly updates (nothing more than a cash grab) or if it's still a labor of love for those you develop for it. If it's the former, I'm not sure it's worth spending $60 a year on incremental updates. If it's the latter...and we get a more compelling SP story...then I'm in. Also...it integrates so nicely w/Steam that it makes Origin's first shot at a "Steam-Killer" a joke. Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    I couldn't past 10% of campaign, it is so boring. How this game got so many sold copies? Seems game developers decided to spend all the money on PR and bribes to game reviewers. Scenario is nonsense, it is better not to try to understand it, graphics is a complete joke for 2011 year, gameplay.. reload the clip.. kill 10 enemies.. repeat until the map ends..
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    First off, i want to say that this is not a BAD game, its actually alright. but theres one big flaw in both the multiplayer and most of the singleplayer, i have played it before.
    call of duty has had a reputation for having the most action packed FPS games out, upgrading and outclassing with every new title. only problem is that this game is exactly the same as its predecessor, MW2. its plain lazy how little they have done. and for some reason the gameplay feels stiff and unbalanced, its just not right.
    theres something not right about MW3, and all the extremely positive reviews saying otherwise are just pandering to the now ONLY age group of 13 year old buys who rate a game by how many bullets they can shoot.
    one last thing : i am devostated that they pulled the same stunt with the P2P system. being from a small town this has made my online gaming experience terrible. taking 10 miniutes to access a game of hardcore TDM is not how MW is supposed to be.
    disapoined. bring back treyarch.
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    BF3 fanboys are so LAME. The campaign was epic, best one til date 10/10. Multiplayer was awesome they did a great job 10/10 and survival mode is kinda fun 10/10.
  83. Nov 13, 2011
    Yikes!!! What happened to the Call of Duty I used to love? This game honestly should be called Modern Warfare 2.5!!!! You can see a lot of ctrl C and ctrl V on this release. I've been a supporter of Call of Duty since the very first release, and I have to say, it's such a shame what the CoD franchise has turned into. I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it just seems like theyYikes!!! What happened to the Call of Duty I used to love? This game honestly should be called Modern Warfare 2.5!!!! You can see a lot of ctrl C and ctrl V on this release. I've been a supporter of Call of Duty since the very first release, and I have to say, it's such a shame what the CoD franchise has turned into. I'm not saying the game is terrible, but it just seems like they lost their edge on the last three releases. If you really need a good fix, try Battlefield 3. This just isn't right, when what you're paying for can easily be titled as a map pack for MW2. Expand
  84. Nov 13, 2011
    Ever just copy a bad game(MW2) and make another bad game(MW3)? You would think one look into the numbers of faithful still playing COD4 and COD2 that something was done right. MW2 came out and was widely abused. Making an exact copy of your worst effort to date in the Call of Duty series was an idiotic decision to say the least.
  85. Nov 13, 2011
    COD:MW3 is a sequel of COD4:MW, but not only with the main story, also with the graphic engine, the way on that you play the game... nothing has changed since we could enjoy the COD4.

And It is not good, because we have to continue playing 'on rails' when the most of new games give more and more freedom to play. Playing to this COD is bored by moments, because the only challenge is

Playing to this COD is bored by moments, because the only challenge is finding the way forward to avoid falling shot.

Great Story, bad game.
  86. Nov 13, 2011
    MW2 with new maps. Nowhere near worth the cost.

I have to make this review 150 characters long but there isn't any more to say about this game. Not worth the money.
  87. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a bad game, a little better than MW2, i enjoyed it thoroughly, and it is probably the best COD i have ever played, there are lots of changes to be observed from previous titles. I like games that i enjoy and MW3 delivers it. Although the campaign could have been longer. The ending part didn't do much justice. And for comparision, why is everybody comparing this to Battlefield,This is not a bad game, a little better than MW2, i enjoyed it thoroughly, and it is probably the best COD i have ever played, there are lots of changes to be observed from previous titles. I like games that i enjoy and MW3 delivers it. Although the campaign could have been longer. The ending part didn't do much justice. And for comparision, why is everybody comparing this to Battlefield, both are different types of games. Where other games try to be like COD, COD does what it wants to do, it doesn't try to be something else, it knows its roots, what if its graphics are not cutting edge, graphics alone do not make a game, the gameplay is far superior. Although everybody has their own choices, and they have their reasons to dislike it, but that doesn't mean MW3 is totally a bad game. Expand
  88. Nov 13, 2011
    Man picked this game up and played it for a few hours at a lan cafe on launch night, mostly multiplayer. I have to say, if anyone were to pick this game up for the first time, theyd love the hell out of this. But it's the same game I played in 2007 and 2009 again and I was unpeasantly surprised to see that very little changed. The only attraction for DOC veterans like me is the campaignMan picked this game up and played it for a few hours at a lan cafe on launch night, mostly multiplayer. I have to say, if anyone were to pick this game up for the first time, theyd love the hell out of this. But it's the same game I played in 2007 and 2009 again and I was unpeasantly surprised to see that very little changed. The only attraction for DOC veterans like me is the campaign which I assume will only last for a few hours or so. So to all the fanboys out there (including the critics) who are biased to this game, I ask this, why do you like this processed **** so much? And to all the haters.....WHAT THE **** DID YOU EXPECT??? Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2011
    this has to be the worst release from all the call of duty games thus far.. i dont know about all the platforms but on pc this game realy is dissapointing. having been spoiled by the beauty of bf3 and then playing this game made me depro as to how im i gonna get the wasted money back!! it not only looks worse than blops but aswell as all the recylced from it predececors.. sorry but theythis has to be the worst release from all the call of duty games thus far.. i dont know about all the platforms but on pc this game realy is dissapointing. having been spoiled by the beauty of bf3 and then playing this game made me depro as to how im i gonna get the wasted money back!! it not only looks worse than blops but aswell as all the recylced from it predececors.. sorry but they just lost a huge fan Expand
  90. JLF
    Nov 13, 2011
    The bane of gaming industry strikes again : this time it's completely same as before.
    I'm surprised this game sold so much on the first week. I'm truly losing hope in humanity
  91. Nov 13, 2011
    Briefly intro, I've owned Call of Duty II and been an avid fps player for many years now. This is game is mediocre. It was worth the money, but only because I got it for 40% less by buying it overseas. First the single player is fun, but the formula is the same as every other call of duty before it, and i can't help but feel that I've played this before. The graphics are the same asBriefly intro, I've owned Call of Duty II and been an avid fps player for many years now. This is game is mediocre. It was worth the money, but only because I got it for 40% less by buying it overseas. First the single player is fun, but the formula is the same as every other call of duty before it, and i can't help but feel that I've played this before. The graphics are the same as before, but I can't dislike the game for this, the graphics don't make the game. The multiplayer is a joke. The maps are small, the player count is small. There is no strategy. For a PC game i would expect a mature gaming community, but it is all campers. The match making service leaves me with no community, no regular server to go back to. I'm so disappointed with the multiplayer in this game. Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2011
    I remember playing this game in 2007, but I think it was called COD4. This games formula is staid to say the least, but I have to wonder what it might have really been like if Infinity Ward hadn't imploded. Oh, and it is a 0 because I don't think a map pack should cost $60.
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    Nové Modern Warfare je vlastne stará klasika. Vývojári nehodili puÅ¡ku do žita a nezľakli sa konkurencie. Tretí diel vlastne neprináša niÄ
  94. Nov 12, 2011
    This is literal garbage for the amount of money they're charging. The SP is good but not $60 worth good. MP nothing new, sure its fun but I feel like its MW2.5 and not actually 3
  95. Nov 12, 2011
    I have a multiple points of view on this COD. First is the gameplay and whole "feeling" from game. Its great, the story, the feeling, its like you play a movie. A true cinematic experience in your control. For that i give 8/10. But that is all. What is much worse is graphic. and inovations in this game Horrible resolution of textures, awful 2d background, 2d fences. My god is this a 2011I have a multiple points of view on this COD. First is the gameplay and whole "feeling" from game. Its great, the story, the feeling, its like you play a movie. A true cinematic experience in your control. For that i give 8/10. But that is all. What is much worse is graphic. and inovations in this game Horrible resolution of textures, awful 2d background, 2d fences. My god is this a 2011 game? Indie game developers with much less budget can create graphics better than this. Another problem is MP. Nothing new, just recycled previous COD. I believe if they spend more time on the technical side of this game, i would give it 9/10, but for this "dinosaur" graphic and no inovation im giving 4/10. That graphic is just LOL, 2004 games have much better graphics like this. nobody wants crysis graphics, but they should give us at least graphic from this decade, not from the last 00s. Expand
  96. Nov 12, 2011
    Absolute garbage. Same **** over and over again. No improvements in any areas, in fact worse on pc, no innovation and no effort. A blatant cash grab. My biggest concern is that talented developers will take note of activisions financial success here, and just spew out bland, repetitive games year after year as activisions seem to do well out of it. Do not buy this, youll be doing the wholeAbsolute garbage. Same **** over and over again. No improvements in any areas, in fact worse on pc, no innovation and no effort. A blatant cash grab. My biggest concern is that talented developers will take note of activisions financial success here, and just spew out bland, repetitive games year after year as activisions seem to do well out of it. Do not buy this, youll be doing the whole industry a favour. Expand
  97. SZY
    Nov 12, 2011
    I am a Chinese fans.I love CALL OF DUTY series very much! It is the best FPS games i have played,and i thing the producers are very great! Support you! I am looking forward to BLACK OPS2!
  98. Nov 12, 2011
    Disappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt forDisappointing. Modern Warfare 1.5 rehashed, campaign waaay too short, multiplayer a tactical clone, essentially no graphical improvements, usual technical difficulties (this time hackers more than crashes). A score of one still feels to generous... Interesting how Steam price has already dropped 30% in Australia; if you're considering buying it then go save yourself a few bucks and opt for MW1/BO instead. Expand
  99. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise itMan, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand
  100. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't believe the bad reviews this game is getting. This is my first modern warfare game I have played at it is awesome. Perhaps it might be similar to other modern warfare games which I have not played but to a first time player it is unreal! 10 out of 10

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay