2.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Damn this game sucks.. It's like you're playing cod4 lol!.. Every year a new COD but they are always 100% the same.. Same old engine.. What did they change? Add some perks? wow great.. It's like they released a big map pack.. They should go build a new engine, and make a NEW game..
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely terrible. It's just a moneymaking attempt, churning out the same game every year. Not having ranked dedicated servers is absurd; you're forced into more laggy p2p play where the host is favoured
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    The current scores on here are pathetic. You may not like the game but very few games deserve these kind of scores. Just because its popular and similar to the last installment doesn't warrant these scores. A good series is a good series and many very well reviewed games on here are equally as similar as cod is. It's childish, besides in its own right its a great game, deserves 9/10 butThe current scores on here are pathetic. You may not like the game but very few games deserve these kind of scores. Just because its popular and similar to the last installment doesn't warrant these scores. A good series is a good series and many very well reviewed games on here are equally as similar as cod is. It's childish, besides in its own right its a great game, deserves 9/10 but for obvious reasons to make up for the score I'm giving 10/10. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm a huge cod fan and I've played every single one so far. Last year BO was a huge let down for me but this... this is just **** . I've tested it for about 10 hours and I'm GLAD that I didn't waste my money on it.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Waited until 2 am for this game to finish downloading and all I recieved was MW2 with different maps. This is definitely not worth 60 bucks and should have been released as DLC instead. The online now has 9 death streaks instead of removing them altogether. The storyline is garbage and everything in the campaign has been done in previous CoDs. Sledgehammer asked the community for ourWaited until 2 am for this game to finish downloading and all I recieved was MW2 with different maps. This is definitely not worth 60 bucks and should have been released as DLC instead. The online now has 9 death streaks instead of removing them altogether. The storyline is garbage and everything in the campaign has been done in previous CoDs. Sledgehammer asked the community for our honest reviews and here is mine. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    The PC edition of this game is completely worthless, and I regret ever purchasing it. Black Ops had way more options in the settings for actually setting the game up properly, so you don't get motion sick as fast, a better unlock system and proper dedicated servers, and that was considered one of the worst CoD's in a while.

Instead I got a version I can't play because I get physically ill

Instead I got a version I can't play because I get physically ill after playing it because of the PoV, where I can not play ranked on the dedicated servers they bragged about before release, and which in most ways is exactly the same game as MW2. Visuals haven't improved, textures and models are extremely unappealing, balance is still off-key and we're back to stacking kill-streaks again. How fun that was as a semi-casual player, right? To summarize, the campaign is still linear, the story is terrible, and the multiplayer experience hasn't been altered in any positive way since MW2. If you like that, get it on consoles. The PC version is broken, possibly beyond repair.

All in all, I'm extremely disappointed with this game, and I most likely will not play it again. Basically wasted a bunch of money I could have spent on a better game, had the game reviewers done their jobs and actually been honest instead of thinking about continued profits from game publishers.

They even have the sheer audacity and arrogance to beg for better user reviews, as seen here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html

If not for that quote, this would have gotten a 3 or maybe a weak 4 from me, so they shot themselves in the foot.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign was short. Its story was so generic that even a retarded child can make it. The graphics is worse than CoD4. The sounds are just recycled junk from old CoD all guns sounds like a toy gun. Its streak system become from worst to worstser(i know there's no such word). To make it simple. This game is a joke. Its a CoD4 DLC.. And Cod4 is much better. Save your money and buy other games.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty... Such a great series of games which brought whole new level to FPS type of games. Thanks to CoD the shooters look like they look. So where is the problem??

The problem is the technology. Activision didn't invest any money since CoD 2 to develop new engine (Yes Since CoD 2 its the same engine slightly modified), they managed to improve it up to CoD 4 but then they reached limit of it. Did they bother to develop new one? No. Since that time nothing changed. Same animations of characters, weapons and look of maps. They are trying to blind us through doing stuff like replacing zombies with 2 player co-op, new game mode and few new weapons model, but that's all. If you are going to get that game prepare for disappointment. Activision managed to sink all the way to the bottom of the sea one of the best FPS series in history of video games - Well done! From the king to the street beggar. I think it's time for CoD to retire for couple of years and come up with something new. Single player - stopping WW3 sounds great, you have the same characters (that didn't die) from previous version of MW. Map design is simple - get from point A to point B. Don't worry you won't get lost on the way. Guess why... CoD1 offered several different paths to reach objective and that's what should be restored! I don't care about fancy explosions!

Multiplayer - its just map pack for MW2.

Conclusion? Get different game because this one is worth only half of it's current price...
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    This game deserved an 8 or 9 the first time it came out. However in school I've learned that turning the same thing in twice in a row gets you a 0 the second time. So that's what this copy/pasted game deserves.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Same textures, same guns, same cramped levels... This is virtually identical to Modern Warfare 2, oh I mean Black Ops, oh I mean COD4... Madness to think they can repackage the same game with new maps for $60.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 has broken sales in nearly all categories upon release, but was it really worth it? Apparently not, considering it's a rehashed version of all of their older games. When designers fail to bring innovation into their game, it's quite difficult to wonder if you should spend your hard-earned cash on the product. Call of Duty has now become a sports game that is released everyModern Warfare 3 has broken sales in nearly all categories upon release, but was it really worth it? Apparently not, considering it's a rehashed version of all of their older games. When designers fail to bring innovation into their game, it's quite difficult to wonder if you should spend your hard-earned cash on the product. Call of Duty has now become a sports game that is released every year. At least EA invests money within their budget to increase the quality of their sounds and visuals. Modern Warfare 3 was created using an outdated engine, which they could have attempted to compete with DICE's new engine, but they chose to hoard as much funding as possible. There is nothing new about this game, other than the revamped Spec Ops mode which has now become Horde/Firefight. Anything original? No. I would suggest that if anyone is debating on buying this game, go ahead and buy a used copy of MW2. You'll get the same experience playing an older game. Now, if you'd like to try something new and exciting, play Battlefield 3. Especially if you game on a PC. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    How can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay forHow can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay for the ridiculous "ELITE" plan so you can finally get the full game, almost a year after launch. Infinity Ward... Just give up and actually make a new game. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehashed garbage, Infinity Ward created this game, Activision destroyed it, they broke up Infinity Ward and put Sledgehammer games in charge

Terrible game, avoid at all costs, see high scores from official reviews? Publishers pay them heaps of money to do PROMOS on their website, so they are inclined to get positive reviews, a reviewer on a website once lost his job for giving an honest, low score to Kane & Lynch when his website was being paid to give it a promo.

Oh and its so rehashed, there's actually an article proving the same building model from the now 4 year old COD4 where used in this game, despite it being one of the best selling if not the best selling franchise of all time, they are still so cheap.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Why am I supposed to buy this game? For a number? For an higher price? For the ridiculous longevity? Why people should buy a game that already has?
    That's no reason.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    This game killed the call of duty franchise I will never buy another cod game again! To have hyped the game this much and basically release the same game like MW2 is crazy and is just a way to steal our money. NOW GO HACK THE GAME AND LETS MAKE IT BETTER!
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Tried this game in a store on a console and was COMPLETELY convinced I was playing MW2 the entire time. this game is an insult to the gaming community, it's a digital Bigmac; it smells and looks pretty tasty but after you've had a taste you just want to puke.
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm sorry but i played this at my friends house and it was horrible, i seriously cannot begin to describe how mad i am at the developers for simply mixing previous call of duties up, throwing a couple of different things in there and selling it at full price while claiming it is a completely new product.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    I think there's a typo on the cover art -- that "3" should be a "2". It's a great game and all, I just wish it was something I hadn't played before. Too bad people will get suckered into buying the same game twice. I wonder what we can look forward to in Modern Warfare 4.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    we play that game a lot at 2009 now you make it only servers then you call it new game for just more $$.you can make all the new things as DLC for 10$ not new game .I will not lost my money for second time.I hate black ops servers not server in my **** I did't enjoy the online .now i feal the game just copy and paste.even the Grenades saunds like COD2 till now !!
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Sept 14, 2009 - Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference, San Francisco - Jeetil Patel, Analyst: "What do you think the retailers' willingness these days is to hold inventory on the video game side? Are they building positions today or are they still very reluctant and very careful of how they are buying?" Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard, Inc. - President and CEO: "I don't think itSept 14, 2009 - Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference, San Francisco - Jeetil Patel, Analyst: "What do you think the retailers' willingness these days is to hold inventory on the video game side? Are they building positions today or are they still very reluctant and very careful of how they are buying?" Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard, Inc. - President and CEO: "I don't think it is specific to video games. I think that if you look at how much volatility there is in the economy and, dependent upon your view about macroeconomic picture and I think we have a real culture of thrift. And I think the goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks that we brought in to Activision 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games." .... "I think we definitely have been able to instill the culture, the skepticism and pessimism and fear that you should have in an economy like we are in today. And so, while generally people talk about the recession, we are pretty good at keeping people focused on the deep depression." Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    I love it ! Its exactly what you expect after MW2. I only buy the IW Titles, and this one never let me down. My friends and i playing the MP for hours and its even more fun than the campaign. The only complain is, there is no Hans Zimmer music... Hope that MW4 will have Hans back!
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is horrible, you cant even create ranked custom games so that you can farm xp with your friends then be 12 years old and camp in corners and just win all day. How dumb. Also guys have guns and shoot at you, I need a game where the other players can't shoot back because I'm pretty bad.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Just rented it, to test it out, and it's just the same old crap. Nothing original. Just trying to ride out the money train. Campaign is the same monotonous, "kill generic bad guys to get to the next scripted event", garbage. You can just play any other modern warfare to get the same multiplayer
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing meaningful has been changed from the last version. No innovation is present. Why should I spend $60 on the same game I played two years ago? Why should I reward a developer lacking meaningful skills beyond copying and pasting?
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    There's nothing new is this game, it's a terrible waste of money. Bad graphics, regurgitated gameplay, same guns, same gamemodes. Oh right, they added in a paid subscription service, Thanks dev's. You guys are f'ing useless as game developers. Go edit some web code or something. You made the biggest francise in gaming the hugest disappointment
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a non-stop action thrill ride. I hate the use that way over used explanation for an action title, but it fits so well. The single player's action experience is unrelenting you are thrown into one amazing action sequence after another. The multiplayer experience is just what you would expect out of a Call of Duty game. The issues most players had with MW2 seems to have beenThis game is a non-stop action thrill ride. I hate the use that way over used explanation for an action title, but it fits so well. The single player's action experience is unrelenting you are thrown into one amazing action sequence after another. The multiplayer experience is just what you would expect out of a Call of Duty game. The issues most players had with MW2 seems to have been fixed for this newest game, and with the addition of new game modes, and kill-streak packs, this game is a definite increase over MW2. For anyone who loves the Call of Duty franchise, especially the Modern Warfare games, this is a definite must have! Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or theIt's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or the more "elite" who hide in a corner of the map and wait for you to run by. If this had been my first exposure to the COD franchise, I may have considered an average score. However, this game does nothing to improve on an already successful franchise. Complete waste of time and a backwards step for the industry. Expand
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game. I can say that because I actually played it. I like the new point/killstreak system. It really benefits the objective based game type player.
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    Many people said is the same MW2 game. they was wrong, MW2 was a very good game but MW3 is just crap,it is the worst multiplayer game ever, Maps are small, boring and all of them look similar. and the match making system oh yes good for meet people form other continent. Good work guys......
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Nice Single Player so far but too short. The rest is the same as every year. I sold it and play Modern Warfare 2009 instead. But it doesn't matter what all the people are writing here, as long as everyone buy this Map-Pack for 60â
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    This is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 isThis is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 is not perfect but 3.1 out of ten is bull***t. First off I would like to state that I am not a COD Fan Boy and not a little kid, I'm a hardcore gamer that has been playing games since the early nineties. I play all manner of games on PC and PS3 and have also bought MW3's main competitor BF3. I have played about 30 hours on BF3's Multiplayer and have a 3.30 Kill/Death Ratio so am no noob when it comes to FPS. Even so I was disappointed with the overall products of both Battlefied 3 (which got boring faster than expected) and MW3. In the end I scored MW3 8 out of 10. It is very similar to MW2 but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Singleplayer was OK, similar to the last two Modern Warfare's (overall uneventfull and boring with only some good bits) Spec Ops Missions are fun and exciting, especially if you have a friend to play them with and Spec Ops New Survival Mode is great addictive fun and a good addition to the series, I would say, and this is just my opinion that this is better than Zombies (playing with a mic is essential). Than you have Multiplayer which love it or hate it is pretty much the same as MW2 but with Strike Pakages, different killstreaks and different variations on old perks, some new guns and some new maps and game modes. Noob tubing, Nuke Killstreak and One Man Army Perk are gone but Quikscoping and Drop Shoting are still the order of the day. Also Spawn Deaths, Hit Detaction and Lag Issues can become a bit annoying. But with a half Decent Connection, a bit of skill and a touch of class you should be able to overcome these shotcomings to have one of the sweetest FPS Online Gaming experiences you can have at this time. I won't lie somtimes the multiplayer can have you screaming at the TV about the injustice of the last 5 Cheap deaths that made no sense whatsoever. But with a bit of patience even without the Elite Functions you get to know the layout of the maps, the spawn points, choke points, best class layouts for specific situations and maps. You will receive better weapons and figure out which strike package work best for you, and then your experience will start getting better. And to everyone saying COD is unbalanced that's BS, because there is a strategy and counter for everything your adversaries can throw at you. So after everything is said and done what it really comes down to is skill (and who has more of it). Overall, taken all the features packed into this one game and the weeks and possibly months of enjoyment that can be had, it's impossible for me to see how this game can receive a score below an 8 let alone a 5. If your a fan of FPS or games in general this a great addition to your game collection. Definately not MW2 DLC, and for only $50 to $100 are you that poor/cheap to complain about purchasing a great game and depriving yourself of fun just because a bunch of pathetic PC BF3 Fanboy Sheep/Followers decided to flood this site with negative reviews. It's Up To You.â Expand
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    I pre-ordered both BF3 and MW3...
    And, i can not see differences between MW2 & MW3...
    THIS IS THE SAME **** GAME.
    The only new feature is the system to get screwed in the long term with cod elite...
  33. Nov 12, 2011
    Another fail pc launch, horrible console graphics lends this to be just another map pack. Move on nothing new to see here. Go play black ops or mv2. OR go play a real game that works well on the pc, battlefield 3
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    I thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the theI thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the the mission zone - shooting bad guys - 30 seconds of adrenaline scene - mission over. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2011
    not a good game horrible do not buy just get a different game instead seriously not worth your money if i was you stick with cod 4 or mw2 not a positive start for activisions
  36. Nov 11, 2011
    Ce jeu est une merde c'est un copier coller de modern warfare 1 mais a 70 euros grosse merde du deja vu 600000000fois le solo est ennuyant a mourir les script on les connait tous il était deja présent dans mw1 le jeu est moche c'est de l'arnaque !!!!!!!!!!
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    come on ... when I got the game I thought that the seller cheated me because the game was identical to the one game I had played only two years ago inta a word JOKE
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    This review is for you Sledgehammer. You ask to people to give a good mark, but Modern Warfare 3 is a poor game ! You should use your talent for another that Activision ;)
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    Very, very disappointing. Barely any work put into this game at all. Spawn next to an enemy happens far too frequently and I seem to lose connection a whole lot. The game engine has barely improved since CoD4. They seem to sit back, do as little work possible and just rake in the money because it carries the Call of Duty name. That won't last much longer. PC gamers get rubbish once again.
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    O melhor fps que ja joguei até hoje, história envolvente e um multiplayer fantástico.
    nota 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    No game can get a 0, however bad it is. I am aware that BF3 is a superior game when it comes to MP, but MW3 certainly does not deserve a 0, or a 3 for that matter, because of such a silly reason.

I haven't played MW3 yet, but according to what sense I've read, the campaign is decent, and the multiplayer is basically the same as it used to be. Still, whoever bought MW3 should have seen this coming. Since the beginning of the "CoD revolution", little has changed. The core gameplay has remained the same, and most importantly, the MP has seen only minor changes. So, instead of wasting your time ruining MW3's Metacritic score for no justifiable reason, play some BF3 and enjoy yourself, because extreme prejudice isn't going to get you anywhere.
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    Activision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask whenActivision have done it again !! sold me a game that is annoying and totally not playable. With no dedicated servers the same Hackers from MW2 are back on the prowl again... Campaign is a joke and feels like your playing quake 2. they have got MW2 and added a few more guns and maps and re sold it. And coz i got it on PC i cant get my money back ! they should have wore a f**king mask when they tried to sell this to me, the robbing B**t*rds. I have snapped the DVD's and binned them in frustration... and this is the last time i buy a Call of Duty Title.. If you want to be robbed in broad Daylight buy the game, otherwise steer clear and go for something like BF3... Arrrrrghhhh SO ANNOYED !!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  43. BDA
    Nov 11, 2011
    I somewhat enjoyed Call of Duty back when the series first started. It had a lot of charm and the first few sequels brought something new to the table. Unfortunately, This game didn't bring anything new to the table compared to the last few games in the series. It sickens me how much this series has gotten away with re-releasing the same formula with barely any changes for so long. I canI somewhat enjoyed Call of Duty back when the series first started. It had a lot of charm and the first few sequels brought something new to the table. Unfortunately, This game didn't bring anything new to the table compared to the last few games in the series. It sickens me how much this series has gotten away with re-releasing the same formula with barely any changes for so long. I can easily buy an Indy game for 10 Dollars that can give me more innovation and gameplay than any of the Call of Duty games combined. The fact that this game even has a 60 dollar price tag is baffling, considering it is pretty much exactly like the past 2 games in the Modern Warfare series. I give credit that Modern Warfare 2 has a better amount of content than the first one but this game is the exact same if not worse than the title that came before it. It's funny to me how the press and Infinity ward think this is somewhat of an "attack" on the series but I think this is more of an outcry that we want to see better. Sadly, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    Best "Modern Warfare".. it have the final conclusion to the whole series (MW)... Any Creature should Try this game! Ignore all those negative Reviews & Scores. We believe -CoD Fans- that most of the negative reviews, were done by those BF Fans. OR People who "loved" the Characters will never see them again. This is STUPIDITY. It is not a sequel to "Call of Duty" Generally, but to "ModernBest "Modern Warfare".. it have the final conclusion to the whole series (MW)... Any Creature should Try this game! Ignore all those negative Reviews & Scores. We believe -CoD Fans- that most of the negative reviews, were done by those BF Fans. OR People who "loved" the Characters will never see them again. This is STUPIDITY. It is not a sequel to "Call of Duty" Generally, but to "Modern Warfare" series.. The graphics are GREAT.. But BattleFAILED's new Engine -Frostbite 2- made it a bad Graphically game? Robert Bowling said this "We have no time to create a new engine to fit the game.. so we have to work on the previous one" We will be insane people if we compared MW3's -or any Modern Warfare's"- campaign to BF3 -or any BF-... Self-evident MW win.. but we can stil compare the "Graphics" which make Battlefailed 3 "a good" game. We can compare their Multiplaye Mod as well.. they both have excellent multiplayer.. BUT.. there's no Spec OPS in BF3.. so Battlefailed "3" beats MW3 because of the Graphics.. That's **** !!!! **** strongly Recommends this game to any creature in the whole wide world to play this game. Expand
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    I couldn't get this game to work on my brotactular Macbook Pro (or as I call it my Macbook Bro). Obviously IW didn't optimize this game for such a brotactular system and thus they cannot receive my Seal of Broproval. Total letdown bros.
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    Lets get some constructive feedback of this game
    Singleplay is ok, it has recycled elements from MW, MW2 and Black ops. but it no where achieves the mw1 degree of success.
    spec ops is kind of fun, improved from mw2. only if there were 4-player coop rather than 2 multiplayer is a joke. i am a good player in mw2 mp, and usually on top-of-the-scoreboard. in mw3, i cant. the biggest flaw in mp
    Lets get some constructive feedback of this game
    the biggest flaw in mp is the map design. it is pure rubbish. all the mp maps are like a maze. you won't know where the enemies will come and you won't know where you'll be shot at. sometimes they spawn right behind you. you would like these kind of map design only after you drink 10 bottles of redbull.
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't want to spoil the story or something else . i just want to say that you can go to a site like gamestop or gamespot or ... and buy a video game ! but how can you find the best ?!
    you have many factors to find the best . story , graphics , gameplay , musics , sounds , multiplayer , hype (!) ...
    let's talk about story ! it's not like HALO ! so you'll not face a large amount of informations in 2 hours and say Wow it's epic !
    it's not like BF3 that put you in the story that you've seen it 1000 time before !
    it's Modern Warfare so you'll see real places , real people , real politics and of course real characters ! the plot is the same as Modern Warfare 1 and 2 but the difference is Revelations and characters endings .
    let's talk about gameplay ! just like MW1 & MW2 gameplay is where this game beat its rival . fast action gameplay that increase adrenaline alongside with cinematic scenes will satisfy you of spending 60 $ for this game !
    sounds and musics are brilliant and i can't say anything bad about them !
    graphics are good enough for a 2011 released game and have many improvements from Modern Warfare 2 and 60fps is where this game is beat its rival in graphics (on consoles) .
    multiplayer is the best in series so you can finish the story mode in 5 hours and go for multiplayer ! but you have my word , you can't finish multiplayer even in 500 hours ! it's Call Of Duty ! there is no need to say every part is at it's best like maps , perks , modes , weapon customize ...
    at last i can say there are many games out there but there are a few perfect games so don't spend 60 $ for the first game you'll see in the markets !
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best FPS in 2011 , no doubt . but i think it's the best FPS ever !
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    A pathetic re-make (or more like recycle). If your planing on great multiplayer, you should buy BF3, because this is just a desperate attempt at generating more money for Activison. The worst and most boring thing ever.
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgradeMW3 for PC is by far the worst of the 3 platforms and this game just blows in general at this point. MW1 was a great and revolutionary game. MW2 was the same game with a new skin that also took away major features that had been in the game before. Black Ops was, again, a reskin of MW1, but at least added back most of the features taken away in MW2. MW3 is, again, a reskin and a downgrade of the previous games.

- No ranked dedicated servers.
    - No working Elite service.
    - No FOV adjustment.
    - No new graphics.
    - No new game changing features. (Yes I know about the new modes, but most servers just run the old ones)

Overall, the game has stagnated and had no innovation since the original MW, and they are happily taking everyone's $60 (which btw, they were the first company to increase the cost of PC games from $50 to $60 and since then everyone followed suit, so thanks for that too). They are taking $60 for MW2, BO, and MW3, and all they are doing is reskining MW1.

I was a huge fan of MW1, and even bought BO hoping for something new. Very disappointed in this and am refunding this game and playing BF3 exclusively. Fortunately for IW and Activision, sheep will still buy and play this game in droves, just like Apple fanatics buy the iPhone repeatedly.
  50. Nov 12, 2011
    Dear Glen Schofield,

Next time you want a high Metacritic score, consider making an original and interesting game. Here's some tips: avoid making the exact same game as you did two years ago; stop re-using textures from previous games; try and create some original graphics; introduce something different in multiplayer; stop using the same old (rubbish) sounds etc etc. In short, stop
    Dear Glen Schofield,

In short, stop cashing in on the success of your previous games by making the same thing to sell to the inebriates that can't understand what you're doing, and next time come up with something interesting and original.
  51. Nov 12, 2011
    Like a lot of people I purchased both BF3 and MW3 and, actually, hoped both would be great games. I guess the Jury is still out on BF3 for me, but it has potential. MW3 however is nothing short of appalling. The 'whack-a-Mole' concept has reached critical mass in this game, there is nothing else. Tie this into a neat little bundle with an aging graphics engine and another UnrealLike a lot of people I purchased both BF3 and MW3 and, actually, hoped both would be great games. I guess the Jury is still out on BF3 for me, but it has potential. MW3 however is nothing short of appalling. The 'whack-a-Mole' concept has reached critical mass in this game, there is nothing else. Tie this into a neat little bundle with an aging graphics engine and another Unreal Tournament style multi-player (yep, no skill, tatics or team work required - can't you just wait for the YouTube glut of auto sniper mega fast hacks..... uh, I mean kills to appear) and what you have is a regurgitated pile of tat.

Someone wanted to squeeze the last few bucks out of a tired engine and game model. Please no more, in an age where the arguments against piracy are shouted from every moral pulpit perhaps the evangelists should look at what they are providing for sale - quality always provides a decent argument for revenue.

So its back to BF3, oh and for controversies sake, I still think the last MOH game had the best and most fulfilling multi-player of recent times, its just a shame it did not do SP Whack-a-Mole well enough to please the paid critics.
  52. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, people just feel the need to complain about anything. It's almost embarrassing how people can't give an honest opinion on a game because they feel like they're being cheated. You still bought the game and you know you're still gonna play the hell out of it.
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    When I saw the first videos I didn't expect much. Now that I have played it, I can say it: this game is just a DLC of MW2. Let's see: the only new thing is the story mode, which includes a new story - of course - but that's all. Gameplay hasn't goy any change, still the same. For example, when you're running and you press the button to prone, the guy simply stops and prones; in Black OpsWhen I saw the first videos I didn't expect much. Now that I have played it, I can say it: this game is just a DLC of MW2. Let's see: the only new thing is the story mode, which includes a new story - of course - but that's all. Gameplay hasn't goy any change, still the same. For example, when you're running and you press the button to prone, the guy simply stops and prones; in Black Ops you'd kind of jump and fall into the ground, they didn't make a simple improvement like that. The graphic engine is just the same, Black Ops graphics were better IMO and they couldn't improve even that. Multiplayer is simply MW 2 but with new maps and new killstreaks, nothing much.

In conclusion, Infinite Ward wants us to pay for a game which is just a "DLC" of an older one at full price. I didn't bite, hope you won't.
  54. Nov 12, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different toAn absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different to previous games at all. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2011
    Call of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade paraCall of Duty Moder Warfere, muito boa a serie, marcou a historia com o MW1, com o MW2 atraiu varias pessoas para o multiplayer e nos titulos seguinte de CoD parece que acabaram a fonte de criatividade. Sem inovação nenhuma no CoD MW3, pouca divulgação do titulo (creio que seja por causa de não ter nenhuma novidade para mostrar.) e é claro que a Activition apostou na força que o titulo tem sobre os varios fans que o Call of Duty possui, principalmente nos console. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    I remember playing this game in 2007, but I think it was called COD4. This games formula is staid to say the least, but I have to wonder what it might have really been like if Infinity Ward hadn't imploded. Oh, and it is a 0 because I don't think a map pack should cost $60.
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    MW2 with new maps. Nowhere near worth the cost.

I have to make this review 150 characters long but there isn't any more to say about this game. Not worth the money.
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    If this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objectsIf this games' score would be based on a "developer effort / price " ratio, it would get absolute 0 score. They are using outdated engine for so long that it makes this game look ugly compared to any newer games on market. I believe they mentioned that dedicated serves are back, well yes they are but you can only gain exp via match making lobbys, how great. They even recyled some objects from mw 1 and put them into campaign in mw3. They did almost none improvement to weapons sound, since they all sound almost the same and very unusual and yeh a bad port from consoles since FOV is very low, beacuse of which I couldnt play the game very long, since it is very annoying to me, but I really dont care since the game is boring to me and I will probably never play it again.
    However gameplay Is smooth,fast paced and everything , but paying 60â
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    Despite being a long time fan of call of duty I couldn't take this any more. modern warfare 3 has degraded into an overrated cash cow and a copy and paste of previous titles. Save your precious money by not buying this worthless game.
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    This is not a game is DCL.

JUST A GOOD single player campaign, and a multiplayer game, copying from the last Call of Dutys,

$60 for this DCL? Crazy... only copy/paste game!
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    Glen Schofield asked me to come and vote for this game. How could I refuse him. Do not be lazy register and put this game deserved a zero.I think zero is suspiciously high otseka for this game.
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    In short, this game is a MW2 map pack, with perhaps a small update to introduce the ability to see which killstreak you are on and change a couple of weapons.
    This: for £40? No chance.
    The thing that really annoys me is how this thing is getting good reviews from critics. Can I just ask how? You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a
    This: for £40? No chance.
    You are not rating the game in terms of value for money. Yes, Modern Warfare 3 is a good game. So is Modern Warfare 2. What has changed? Essentially, nothing. Over the past few years we have come to accept the fact that Activision will keep recycling the same game engine, graphics, weapons, online structure, etc. We buy it full price and ask no questions.
    Activision's titles have little more improvement from their predecessors than a common dlc, and this HAS to be considered when reviewing their games.
    Come on critics, wipe Activisions brown substance off your face and take a look at reality.
    If this were the first game in the Call of Duty franchise and this was a completely new game, I'd give it a 7 or 8.
    As an improvement to the predecessor and in terms of value for money, this is a 0.
    Not worth buying until either all of your friends have deserted you or the price drops considerably.
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    PT-BR: Eu não sou fanboy de BF3 ou MW3, mas BF3 está muito melhor que esse MW3. Esse jogo é simplesmente o MW2 reciclado. Estou decepcionado.
    English: I'm not a fanboy, but BF3 is better, this game is the MW2 recycled. I am desapointed.
  64. Nov 13, 2011
    I mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay andI mean what a piece of Junk. No Dedicated Servers , No FOV switch, Assets that are CLEARLY from COD4. No Lean. Multiplayer is a joke, single player is on rails like every other CoD and the story sucks. Bad game overall, this is how we know game journalism is corrupt, how did this game get any more than a 2 from any reviewer? Go Play Dungeon Defenders ,you'll get some nice gameplay and you can buy 4 copies for the price of this POS. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 1, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3...
    Always the same game since 5 years (same engine, same IA, same scripts...).
    Activision does not care about players.
  66. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is mediocre at best, running on the same engine as the previous 3 Call of Duty games and failing to bring anything new or innovative to the table. To top it off, the game has terrible multiplayer balance issues. Essentially, it is Modern Warfare 2.5.
    If you're bored and want a fast-paced run-and-gun non-tactical shooter to just play around in, MW3 is fine.
    Modern Warfare
    Modern Warfare 3? More like Money Wasted 3.
  67. Nov 13, 2011
    Geez I signed up on this site just so I could say how bad this is. What the hell were they thinking? Im so fecking tired of this stupid consolized **** Just check for the video "if quake was done today" and you see what I mean. total crap.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    IWnet is a matchmaking system to benefit who??? Does it match low ranks with other low ranks ... NO!
    IW promised us that they had listened to the PC community, listened to what we had cried out for. Dedicated servers was that cry so!!! So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the
    Well after almost a week of playing this game, I am not impressed.
    Dedicated servers was that cry so!!!
    So what do we get Unranked dedicated servers and we have to rank up on IWnet with all the hackers and a ping that at best holds for one round maybe two.
    The game has so much promise and that is where the positive ends ... shot down in flames by lack of servers.
    Rehashed copy of MW2 with the usual ill treatment of PC gamers.
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    This game looks terrible (2x580s SLI + i7, so yes, it's maxed out). The previous 3 CoD games had better graphics by far. While I can live with the poor quality graphics for the sake of a fun game, the player 'head bob' nauseating. Then there's IWNet In short, it would have been better to sell another map pack for MW2 for both MP and Spec Ops. Then mod it for dedicated servers.

I won't say

I won't say never again to buying a CoD title but it's unlikely I'll buy anything developed by Infinity Ward again. Bring it on Treyarch
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    an ok game, but just a re-hash of Mw2, dont see how they justfy the $60 outlay. this is rubbish. Bf3 has it faults many of them but this is maddness. yet stupid people will continue to purchase this crap over and over.
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know what's up with all the haters, but looks like the Black Ops baddies don't like the better game in the series. Unlike Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 started up without extreme stuttering or other major issues. The gameplay was smooth and there were no game breaking problems, no crashes, etc.

People also compare the differences between MW2 and MW2 on one side and BF2 and BF3 on the other. Of course there are going to be big differences between BF2 and BF3. There has been quite some time between them. The difference between both Modern Warfare games is 2 years. Single Player:
    The campaign was interesting and I liked it. I liked the entire storyline of the whole Modern Warfare series. People seem to forget that four of the games in the series were about the same thing: WW II. Modern Warfare started a whole new story and it seems like it reaches it's end after this part. The whole story is rounded up now (not gonna give any spoilers ^^). I don't know about 4 hours to finish the game, maybe on the lowest difficulty. On Veteran it was quite a challenge and frustrating at times.

Another aspect I really liked about the campaign was the setting. I have been to London and Paris myself and could really recognise the environment and that added something to the game in my eyes.

Also, the story may not be that original, but YET another game about World War 2 is not what I'm waiting for. Modern Warfare brought something new to the table and I like it. Multiplayer:
    I see a lot of players saying it's a lot of the same as MW2, blah blah. Please tell me what's the difference between FIFA 10, FIFA 11 and FIFA 12? A lot of the same, teams get updated, etc. It's the same for the other yearly releases. Still MW3 brings back a lot of the original aspects of the game and has some new features.

The updated killstreaks are very neatly done. It's not anymore like Black Ops where 80% of your kills came from killstreak rewards. There is more gun on gun gameplay. The maps are a bit different though. There is a lot of cover and not a lot of open ground. They also separated Ghost/Cold Blood into two separate perks. One hides you from air support and one hides you only from UAV. That was a very good step as well.

The added gametype Kill Confirmed is also very fun to play. It kind of forces you to go out in the field and play like the developers intended. If you just sit in a corner or in a tower and wait till people walk by, your kills will just get denied, your team will get no point and will fall behind eventually and rightfully so.

The guns are balanced really well too. There are no really underpowered weapons, except for the shotguns. They are just complete garbage. All the other weapons are competitive and useful. The way the weapon upgrades are done is good as well. The â
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, decent graphics, excellent gameplay. People that say it's a lagfest and a mw2 expansion pack probably haven't played it enough, or have crappy internet. After about 20 hours of multiplayer and a completed campaign, I feel that my opinion is worth more than one of some brat that just wants to hate.

Enough offtopic bullcrap. The multiplayer is great, mostly good connections and

Enough offtopic bullcrap.

The multiplayer is great, mostly good connections and a large variety of weapons and perks. Customization might not be as big as in Black Ops, but that was an excessive amount anyway.
    The only grief I had, was that the most overpowered weapons were unlocked almost instantly. I would've thought that IW learned from the mw2 UMP45, but they didn't. Oh well, anyone with a decent set of tactics can easily take the abusers out.

Just to remind everyone, MW3 is a great game. It's the best from CoD4 and MW2 combined, and the matchmaking service is working a lot smoother, to my experience. Don't hate if you just don't like the game. Always be objective, and don't be biased.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    It's worth noting that this game has a single-player campaign, which many of the reviews bombing it don't seem to take into consideration. If you're interested in only the multi-player modes, then yeah, you'll probably be a bit disappointed. Still, MW3 may not reinvent the wheel, but it's far from a bad game.
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Seriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engineSeriously I am so bored! I thought that the commercials for this game gave it justice. I was wrong. like everyone prior to my post said, its sadly disappointing. Yes, the storyline is what drew me in and same with the multiplayer. Unfortunately for me I went from Battlefield 3 to this rubbish. It appears that all Activision hopes for is big sales while keeping the same crappy game engine and recycle decals and worlds. That gets old very fast. In this industry you NEED to stay on top and innovate. Recycling isnt pleasing us gamers. Also, Sledgehammer founder can seriously go *%$&% himself for asking supporters of the genre to vote "honestly" about this game. Um...duh we are!!! Your losing your supporters with craptastic games like this. Battlefield 3 story sucks but at least the multiplayer is how do you say? Epic, awesome, completely relevent and absolutely beautiful. Makes MW3 in all aspects look like something that will be in abundance at gamestops in two weeks in the used games section. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best expansion pack I've ever purchased. I was so glad when Activision decided to break the mold and start releasing expansion packs just like everybody used to do back in the day. Sure it's a little expensive (60 dollars), but just wait a year and that'll go down in price about 10 dollars when the next expansion pack comes out.
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    Multiplayer is worthless....maps are done with objects and graphics of 2 former series.
    Anyone see the cod4 helicopter?
    Maps too small, no servers, cheaters, lag, bad graphics. This is realy the worse COD i ever saw, i thought activisionstarted on the good way with blackops, after the utter disappointment mw2 was. For me, call of duty died with this game, another 60E hard worked for,
    Anyone see the cod4 helicopter?
    Maps too small, no servers, cheaters, lag, bad graphics.
    For me, call of duty died with this game, another 60E hard worked for, down the drain.
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just a repacked retweaked version of modern warfare 2 it feels like I am playing the exact same game. Infinity ward made absolutely no innovations to the COD series, and I bet that they won't next year when another calladooky comes out, it has so much hype and it so much suck's.save your money for battlefield 3 now that's a real first person shooter game.
  78. Aug 21, 2012
    The Call of Duty franchise is really hitting its lows now. Same old, it should be a mod not a game.

Nothing new or interesting to mention, it's not worth the $$$ or time.

It has no reason to be on PC, they shouldn't even bother porting it to PC in the future.

I'm only happy that I was given it for free, but then again I could of gotten something much better, anything...
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    ya so i herd this game was released like 5 years ago and apparently infinity ward decided to release the same game every year so they can earn money for hamburgerz?
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    I don't understand the hate towards this game. I thought it was absolutely fine, not to mention fun as ever. Sure, the graphics were pretty much the same, but honestly, I was fine with it. Don't understand why so many people are all about graphics these days. What were you looking for, CryEngine 3?

I thought the story was the best one yet. The WW3 theme was a good choice. It was awesome watching the Eiffel Tower collapse, like in G.I. Joe. Multiplayer was fine too, almost better. I liked the strike packages, they were a nice add. I really don't understand why there is such a hot debate between Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think they were both excellent games. I saw a review here by someone, who gave it a 1. Why did he give it a one? because he was angry about the countdowns in multiplayer. They were too long. SERIOUSLY? Sometimes I wonder what the gaming community is coming to these days.

Well that about wraps up my review, Overall, good job Infinity Ward. You always make great games.
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlookI'm not giving this a one to be obnoxious. I'm simply stating a fact. I like many others bought modern warfare 1 and was blown away by the "revolution" . After a disappointment in world at war I bought modern warfare 2 in high hopes that it would be a worthy sequel, which it kind of was...it added many features tightened the multiplayer and continued the story. I was willing to overlook the fact that it was ALMOST the same game, they were coming dangerously close to over saturating the series. Inevitably this happened a year later with black ops which was pretty much a clone of all that had been done before. After all this nonsense we hoped for a glimmer, modern warfare 3...a game which we all hoped would live up to the legacy. Unfortunately all modern warfare 3 really is is and exact replica of all that made up modern warfare 1 and 2. Nothing truly original was added to the experience. Activision has gotten all kinds of greedy. Forcing out games yearly at a full retail price knowing full well they are selling an unworthy product...not taking into account whether or not the consumer is getting what they paid for. The fact that the fans will buy it is apparently enough to justify tossing together some explosions and new maps and putting a new number on the end. All I ask is why? I am not a fan boy of one gaming device or the other, or one gaming series or another, just someone who doesn't understand why this is not only acceptable to you fans, but you will actually defend the games quality. Nothing is truly different about this game then the other major call of duty releases every year since 2007, nothing was stopping them from releasing small packages, more maps, more modes...nothing. Instead they put together not an inferior product, but a slap in the face. All of this has been done before. I've bought this before. You've bought this before. Before you think of buying this garbage and support these publishers who think it's ok to take advantage of loyal fans...think of what you could do to force them to make a modern warfare game that truly lives up to the standards of todays games. Was this much of a review? Not so much...not a rant either. I just want people to realize that the graphics are outdated, story still generic, game play rough, sound poor, and multiplayer virtually unchanged not because they can't but because they wont. Take a stand. Play your last call of duty if you have to a little longer until they see they can't treat people like dirt anymore. If you read this far I hope you see where I'm coming from and live up to my hopes that we will one day see a modern warfare 4 WORTH praising, not this thrown together mess, thank you. Collapse Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Expand
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    Very nice DLC you have there! But its not a game, just DLC. You are just used by EA to get more and more money. Learn to think please ;) Just look - everyone are paying that same cash for longer, better looking and better in storyline games.
  83. Nov 16, 2011
    I like it a lot. Especially the new survival mode is great. No big changes in the multiplayer but it's awesome to.
    The end of the story is just Epic.
  84. Nov 16, 2011
    To be fair to Activision this is an absolutely solid game the combat works the campaign is good.
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    Besides new perks and an on-line service (that does not work) there is absolutely nothing we haven't done yet. While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are
    The issue here is that we have already done almost of this before.
    While many do wonder why the reviews between people and reviews are so different is because of the way they are judging the game.

Most reviews have viewed this as a blank slate and do not take the previous games into consideration while gamers view it in the idea of what new experiences can I have in this game.
    Playing the game I can really only view it as a glorified expansion to MW2 and as I have played this game before there is no feeling that the developers pushed anything but advertisements in peoples faces.

Overall if you are new to the series this is still an excellent game to start out with but if you are like me and are a Hardened veteran of the series and have waited for this game prepare to be disappointed because you have already played this game before it just has a 3 next to it this time.
    This game is nothing but a cash in and betrays the people who have supported it for so many years.
  85. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is the joke of 2011. I did not want to be a fanboy of either MW3 or BF3, so I have purchased them both to give them a change. I will not compare this game more then I do right now, but MW3 is a total joke compared to BF3. Horrible graphics dated 2005? check. Sound engine dates 2001? check. Camping support? check. Lame maps? Check. Hack support? Double check. No invention at allThis game is the joke of 2011. I did not want to be a fanboy of either MW3 or BF3, so I have purchased them both to give them a change. I will not compare this game more then I do right now, but MW3 is a total joke compared to BF3. Horrible graphics dated 2005? check. Sound engine dates 2001? check. Camping support? check. Lame maps? Check. Hack support? Double check. No invention at all since MW3? Triple check.
    It's good Activision did make their game compareble to Modern Warfare 2, which was a pretty fun game, but it's not acceptable they make such little changes to their follow up. I can keep ranting, but I think the UserScore says enough.
    There ARE a few GOOD changes though. The killstreaks are nerfed compareble to Black Ops, and the Noobtube has been nerfed so badly it almost became useless. I will conclcude that the game is a piece of garbage compared to AAA+ games such as Skyrim and BF3. Leave it in the stores untill it's on sale for only â
  86. Nov 18, 2011
    MW3 is a carbon copy of MW2, there are a good chunk of textures reused and even the dialogue box from crashes reads, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has encountered a problem". It's almost sickening how these games sell so much beings that they are a goddamn rehash pumped out as fast as possible. The gameplay itself leaves little to imagination, or even fun for that matter. You are justMW3 is a carbon copy of MW2, there are a good chunk of textures reused and even the dialogue box from crashes reads, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has encountered a problem". It's almost sickening how these games sell so much beings that they are a goddamn rehash pumped out as fast as possible. The gameplay itself leaves little to imagination, or even fun for that matter. You are just tossed into a bland map and are forced to sprint around and shoot whatever moves. It's so goddamn easy to kill someone you might as well have a map that is just a box and you instantly respawn with infinite ammo and spray. Not to mention that this was released for 60 bucks on day one, have fun paying that and then waiting for your 15 dollar DLC with like what, 5 maps? For shame. Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2011
    As most Launch titles are these days they always require a bit of patching. A lot of the Imbalance in MW2 was eliminated by Nerfing and Removing certain elements, but compensated by the extra perks, point streaks and Unorthodox Maps. Gameplay still retains it's tradition with a few new extras.
    Love the idea with having Both Matchmaking and Dedicated Servers but disappointed on not being able to use console commands.

In my Opinion Activision Should Follow the Paths of Blizzard and Valve Alike, Make only a few games and patch them on a regular basis. But when Money is involved i dnt think thats going to happen Overall An Ok game at that, might wait till it's ben patched a bit better.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Nothing new but still fun, same game as MW1-2 so single player is fun but not going to change the world of gaming. Graphics looks slightly better than MW1-2 but is quite dated now (especially compared to BF3). Multiplayer is still as fun as ever - only real complaint (other than lack of ranked dedicated servers) is all maps have been shrunk so no need to use anything other than an smg.Nothing new but still fun, same game as MW1-2 so single player is fun but not going to change the world of gaming. Graphics looks slightly better than MW1-2 but is quite dated now (especially compared to BF3). Multiplayer is still as fun as ever - only real complaint (other than lack of ranked dedicated servers) is all maps have been shrunk so no need to use anything other than an smg. MW1-2 had a few more open maps which where annoying with snipers but did mix the gameplay up. So perfect if u like to run and gun/spray and pray all other game play is pretty useless now. Fun game but nothing new (which isn't bad, just means I'm less likely to come back to the series next time). Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters.I picked up this game on launch day and ran through the campaign. Single player took about four and a half hours to finish which was somewhat disappointing. The game felt like a Micheal Bay film plenty of explosions and action. But like all Micheal Bay films it lacked a coherent story and if this is your first Modern Warfare Call of Duty game then you could care less about the characters. Only thing I'm content with about this game is that it is finally over. The series was wrapped up as sloppy as possible but at the very least the story was concluded. As for the multiplayer aspect of this game, on PC it is beyond horrendous. There are dedicated servers which is a step up from Modern Warfare 2 but they are unranked. Meaning that you can't level as you would a ranked matched game. So it takes out the whole point of playing on a dedicated server unless you want to get away from the hackers. Oh boy there are a lot of hackers in this game. 7 out of 10 games feature at least 3-4 hackers. Ranging from wall hacks to aim bots even rank hacks. How could someone prestige to the 10th tier if the game has been barely out a month? What's even more disappointing is the ranked matches are horrible done. If your host you most certainly get the jump on everyone and have the higher score at the end of the round. Assuming of course the match isn't filled with hackers.

Overall this game is somewhat mediocre. No innovations and not even better graphics. Same engine and same gameplay. It is the last MW3 in the saga and thank goodness for that.
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    I have no idea why i decided to buy CoD MW3, i never really liked any of their other games besides CoD4 and CoD2, but i thought i would give it a try as it looked like it could be fun in the trailers and what not. It wasn't. This game was a waste of 30 quid it's so boring the graphics are quite bad though i don't care too much about that but the audio is just horrible, the guns sound likeI have no idea why i decided to buy CoD MW3, i never really liked any of their other games besides CoD4 and CoD2, but i thought i would give it a try as it looked like it could be fun in the trailers and what not. It wasn't. This game was a waste of 30 quid it's so boring the graphics are quite bad though i don't care too much about that but the audio is just horrible, the guns sound like paintball guns. I would advise anyone not to buy this game as the developers don't deserve your money they've mad no innovation at all from previous games from what i can see, i don't get why this game is so popular there are way better and more deserving games out there. Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    If you liked previous CoD games, you will love MW3. MW3 has some very nice improvements over previous titles. Such as, strike packages, gun proficiencies, and the prestige shop.
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    Bored instantly, no innovation. a few games of multiplayer were okay, yet so similar to mw1 let alone 2... how can they resell the same game three times? it's basically a map pack for mw2! Shocking waste of cash, its like they twiddled their thumbs between release dates and reskinned a few bits and piecies to stop boredom creeping in....
  93. Nov 23, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is not so bad that the user score descrive it.
    it's good game but not match change then Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2...
  94. Feb 26, 2012
    Its an ok game. Dont expect much from it. It has dated graphics, not much new gameplay or exciting ideas, and it just is the same thing as other COD games. And i know everyone is just saying, "Oh this game sucks 0/10!", but it does have good gameplay that is silky smooth. I just became bored with it in as little as 5 hours. Wait for a price drop if you want it.
  95. Dec 7, 2011
    We are a group of 22 players who together have put this text together.
    This Review is only about the multiplayer part
    I myself have spent near 1800 hours playing mw2 online and it ofcourse has its ups and downs , and mw2 is the only game one really should compare mw3 to. Comparing it to BF3 is just silly , it is not in the same genre, it is not the same kind of battle, it is not the same
    We are a group of 22 players who together have put this text together.
    This Review is only about the multiplayer part

Comparing it to BF3 is just silly , it is not in the same genre, it is not the same kind of battle, it is not the same gameplay.

Some players say that MW3 is just a mw2 with another map-pack.
    We agree to a point.
    But if this was true that this game would actually be better.

From an expectation point of view we had really big hopes for mw3, specially since there were promises of dedicated servers and online statistics services.
    Those 2 were really the most attractive features.
    Dedicated servers would rid the problem of cheaters, or atleast help with anti-cheating.

The dissapointment was huge when the reality proved that the statistics service is not available for PC and that dedicated servers removes the XP-gains.

In our opinion that were 2 promises not kept.
    In a normal market this would be a simple "product returned for false advertisement, full refund" situation.

But lets talk about the game-play.
    At first glance we noticed that you are not able to play hardcore out of the box, you first need to play and get ranked up to even have this option.

This is of course easily dodged by partying up with someone who already has this rank.
    This feature is more of an obstacle than a feature.

The first experience when actually starting a round was that the graphics looks like something that was developed 10 years ago.
    Perhaps the developers never heard of the expression "Less is more" when putting way too many ugly looking effects in this game.
    In MW2 the graphics actually look better.

The sounds has a very plastic feeling to it through everything.
    Guns , bombs, voices all lack that genuine feeling that you get with good sound effects.
    The voices sometimes make you laugh while wondering if the producers were serious at all when making this game.

One thing that was very good in MW2 was that most maps offered variation and good cover.
    This is something that does not exist in MW3.
    Almost every single map (we have 2 exceptions) feels like one room and its just a "first, shoot first kill"-scenario over and over.

We were promised Prestige Tokens from earlier cod games.
    We have all prestiged in mw2 and yet did not get any tokens in mw3.

Cheaters............
    We will let you know what the most annoying problem with so many cheaters is.
    Good players get accused of using cheats.
    A good player can have is game totally ruined by someone who (from the vast ammount of existing cheaters) totally cannot believe that the good player acually plays fair.
    This happens almost every time we play.
    This needs to be F.I.X.E.D.

I will say this straight out.
    We feel robbed and lied to.
    To make this game better you should 1. Fix dedicated servers, 2. look over the graphics, 3. update the sounds, 4. take away the obstacle that makes hardcore unavailable from the start 5. and if not let us into the universial statistics service then atleast give is some way of getting this data from our games so that we can do fun internal statistics within our societies.
  96. Nov 26, 2011
    Even a game that is deemed to be a copy of a previously released version should be given more than a 2. The game isn't bad. Are there many new innovative game mechanics? No. Is it a game worthy of a 2? God no.
  97. Dec 7, 2011
    The game has obviously been rushed out, it is VERY scripted, nothing will happen unless you actually move forwards and the game registers that something should happen next. On PC its a joke, there are so many performance issues, even on my 580gtx, i7 setup. Character animations are a joke too, when u switch from walking to running the animation doesnt smoothly transition it just plays theThe game has obviously been rushed out, it is VERY scripted, nothing will happen unless you actually move forwards and the game registers that something should happen next. On PC its a joke, there are so many performance issues, even on my 580gtx, i7 setup. Character animations are a joke too, when u switch from walking to running the animation doesnt smoothly transition it just plays the running animation which makes it look stupid. Simply many many bugs like this which a month later have STILL not been fixed. I am afraid to admit that MW3 is just a bad copy of MW2 and doesnt compare to the past COD titles. Expand
  98. Dec 15, 2011
    First off this is a Review for the Single player only, I will not play a Multiplayer game without DEDICATED SERVERS (its basically an Even More consoled down MW2) K, so this is the first Call of duty game that i have not purchased besides World at war. but I did play the entire single player (I "found" my own demo since game developers don't see the point in making demo's anymore)First off this is a Review for the Single player only, I will not play a Multiplayer game without DEDICATED SERVERS (its basically an Even More consoled down MW2) K, so this is the first Call of duty game that i have not purchased besides World at war. but I did play the entire single player (I "found" my own demo since game developers don't see the point in making demo's anymore) You can just assume I played it at a friends house. So about the game. The graphics were basically the same as mw2 (slightly updated cod4 engine), every gun in the game felt like a weak bb gun, every level was the exact same thing, start on one end and fight endless waves of bots that cant aim to the other end, while a huge building or some other catastrophic event happens then you go into countless quick-time events, constantly being yelled at to "HURRY" "MOVE MOVE". Whoever is writing these game scripts for the last few games needs to realize that making every level a huge "rush" mission with all sorts of buildings collapsing or things blowing up doesn't make an epic story, you need the slower "calming down back under control" points to make the "epic everything is blowing up" missions more memorable (emotional roller coaster / Calm before the storm) And besides the whole mess with the story, the entire game is filled with these stupid quick-time events, you know, press X to save the world, it seems like to many modern shooter games have been made for people that like to play "Whack A Mole" on there desk, just get 3 large buttons and a mallot and wait for one of those quick-time events and you should finish the game in about 4 hours, (Yes, that's it, 4 hours...)

I Personally can't wait to see what Jason West and Vince Zampella (the original creators of infinity ward (call of duty), both fired during mw2's creation) are up to over at Respawn Entertainment (Google it) Because I cant see Call of Duty returning to its glory days anymore, another AMAZING franchise consumed by console'tards (PLEASE GET US OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT!!! make up some fake post WW2 game, and keep it PC FTW)
  99. Dec 15, 2011
    I bought this game only for good cooperating and multyplayer game. It is pretty good, but really generic, there more options than previous call of duty titles, but generally all the same. Singleplayer is not even worth mentioning. Strangely some advanced multyplayer features of black ops were rejected - for example dive-jump move and dedicated servers under the charts system, looks likeI bought this game only for good cooperating and multyplayer game. It is pretty good, but really generic, there more options than previous call of duty titles, but generally all the same. Singleplayer is not even worth mentioning. Strangely some advanced multyplayer features of black ops were rejected - for example dive-jump move and dedicated servers under the charts system, looks like developers of such expensive series have real issues with copyrights. Multyplayer of call of duty modern warfare 3 is copy-paste of modern warfare 2. Expand
  100. Dec 15, 2011
    Campaign was short but still I'm with the side of Call of Duty franchise. Nice story with a nice ending. Multiplayer, have the same graphics but still added features to give the gameplay a twist.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012