Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.6

1. Apr 17, 2017
    Toujours la même recette depuis le premier Call Of Duty il y a une dizaine d'années (!) et la série est au bout du rouleau. De la surenchère permanente, de la caricature, du grotesque... cette campagne est certes "spectaculaire" mais sans le côté technique éblouissant d'un Uncharted 3 par exemple. On s'y surprend à y jouer tout de même sans faire trop attention, à l'insu de son ignoranceToujours la même recette depuis le premier Call Of Duty il y a une dizaine d'années (!) et la série est au bout du rouleau. De la surenchère permanente, de la caricature, du grotesque... cette campagne est certes "spectaculaire" mais sans le côté technique éblouissant d'un Uncharted 3 par exemple. On s'y surprend à y jouer tout de même sans faire trop attention, à l'insu de son ignorance sans doute. On ne peut pas dire non plus qu'on s'y ennuie totalement. Mais on ne s'y amuse pas non plus. Surtout sur ce pathétique final en QTE...

Il reste le multi qui lui est varié dans ses modes de jeu et toujours aussi solide, il est clair qu'il a définitivement mis les Counter-Strike au placard. Parfois drôle, injuste, énervant, bourré de kévins et de tricheurs mais c'est le lot de ce genre de jeu multi-joueurs, on n'y peut rien ! Les cartes sont bien conçues, y a eu du travail là dedans quand même.

Juste un mot pour finir sur la partie audio plutôt décevante (hors VF toujours excellente) et le manque de sensation des armes, très en deçà d'un Crysis 2 ou Rainbow Six Vegas : ils auraient pu faire un effort entre deux explosions et trois ponts qui s'effondrent !
  2. Feb 22, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight, gentlemen and gentlemen; Call of Duty is a franchise that cannot be changed, no matter whatsoever. The games are repetitive, the single player is unispired, terrible lag servers are spread across the internet.... But then, there are the **** idiots like me who still enjoy and embrace the decent resolution and gun control of the game. I really hate ActivisionLet's get one thing straight, gentlemen and gentlemen; Call of Duty is a franchise that cannot be changed, no matter whatsoever. The games are repetitive, the single player is unispired, terrible lag servers are spread across the internet.... But then, there are the **** idiots like me who still enjoy and embrace the decent resolution and gun control of the game. I really hate Activision for all the **** they made, but think about this; we really have no choice; take it or leave it. For me, I'm taking this **** Expand
  3. Feb 18, 2012
    MW3 MULTIPLAYER ONLY REVIEW. Wow, what a shame. When MW2 hit in 2009, it came just at the right time and felt completely fresh. It had nearly the same effect as CoD4, bringing innovation and excitingly fast-paced multiplayer to the fore. Did Activision seriously think that, giving IW only a year, they could work the same magic? By the time Black Ops had been announced, MW2 was almost deadMW3 MULTIPLAYER ONLY REVIEW. Wow, what a shame. When MW2 hit in 2009, it came just at the right time and felt completely fresh. It had nearly the same effect as CoD4, bringing innovation and excitingly fast-paced multiplayer to the fore. Did Activision seriously think that, giving IW only a year, they could work the same magic? By the time Black Ops had been announced, MW2 was almost dead when people discovered how unbalanced it was. Now, we have this. The traversty known as Modern Warfare 2.5. Where do I begin? Well, there's the maps. What was admirable about Black Ops was how every match was EXACTLY the same because the spawns and maps were logical. Here, every match is the same as well, but by that I mean it's just you spawn, get killed by hacker, spawn get killed by killstreak, spawn get killed again. Quite simply, the maps and spawn have no logic or consistency. Granted neither did MW2, but on MW2.5 the maps and spawns are game breaking. It appears that they were purely designed to look good on trailers. Speaking of which, isn't it embrassing that a GT 430 1GB can run the game on highest graphics and texture settings at 1920x1080 resolution and still get 50+ FPS? As far as weapons go, they're all the same. Sniper rifles have still not been fixed. Equip Sleight of Hand and Quickdraw combined with a bolt action and you're guranteed to win every firefight at anything above knifing range. Well, there goes the aim assist arguement. Quick scoping on PC MW3 is even easier than MW2 on console. Further still, every hit is 90% chance of being one hit kill regardless, or so it seems that way. The game is very fast, but not organized. It's a mess. All MW3 is is MW2 with more quantity. And more quantity of what? All the things that were wrong with it. What killed CoD for me was killstreaks, but at least Black Ops had the decency of 1) making the balanced and 2) leetting you play Barebones Pure right from the start, with no perks, equipment, killstreaks, deathstreaks etc. Gun on gun, you're done. In MW3, it's an "Advanced" game mode which is unlocked at Level 20. What were they thinking? Black Ops was a masterpiece in every sense and even if it was boring to many people, I'd rather play a game that's boring but functional than one that's fast-paced but broken. Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer really messed up big time. Not a single map in MW3 is thought out proper.y. Every single one is exactly the same- too small and chaotic. Yes, MW2 was a fantastic game but IW should have realised that although they did a great job in MW2, MW3 should have aimed to give a refined, balanced multip[layer experience. Instead, all they've done is make the game even more broken. I only give zeroes to games like Minecraft just to hate on them, but in this instance, MW3's multiplayer truly deserves it for the simple reason that it is not functional. It doesn't work. Not a single thing about the game is logical. And that makes it the most dissapointing tragedy in FPS history. Call of Duty built its title on intense gameplay, fun matches, great campaign and most of all, the multiplayer. In all aspects, CoD has always been an innovator (ever since CoD4 anyway) so for them to add nothing new or even improve upon established foundations is what really makes MW3's multiplayer a failure. All Robert Bowling had to say for himself is that Commando, Last Stand and One Man Army have been taken out of the game. In that case, why didn't you just patch MW2 in the first place? MW3 had potential to be another solid masterpiece to join the ranks of CoD4 and Black Ops. As far as I can work out, the multiplayer is the biggest step backwards in Call of Duty's history. Expand
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    I went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops hadI went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops had a lot of promise, I really enjoyed it in MW2. Unfortunately it is done very poorly in MW3. Again, there are no memorable missions, and the missions themselves basically require you to play with a partner. Add that to the fact that CoD matchmaking and latency is god awful, and you have a terrible experience. Survival mode was a good idea, but again, the matchmaking system completely ruins it. I'm not even going to talk about Multiplayer because we all know that it has always been completely broken garbage. I have played every single CoD game (dating back to the PC exclusive original) and I can honestly say that MW3 is the worst. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2014
    Modern Warfare 3 is the last part of the trilogy made by Infinity Ward Modern Warfare, in collaboration with Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. Modern Warfare 3 stand a tad better story to Modern Warfare 2, you discover more and more once you progress in the story. The only problem ... the game is very short, I one I finished in 5:30hours. The graphics is good, pretty good.Modern Warfare 3 is the last part of the trilogy made by Infinity Ward Modern Warfare, in collaboration with Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. Modern Warfare 3 stand a tad better story to Modern Warfare 2, you discover more and more once you progress in the story. The only problem ... the game is very short, I one I finished in 5:30hours. The graphics is good, pretty good. For me, as I struggle in some of the major cities throughout the world ami makes the game much better. The sound is also good, quite good. Gameplay is ok, I have not encountered problems during the game, and still do a good job, is COD. Too bad that the game uses the same engine of Modern Warfare 1, but anyway, improved. Expand
  6. May 25, 2016
    Не 0 из 10.
    -Графика:
    После сочной MW2 картинка выглядит уныленько,невзрачно.+немного багов. Вообщем что-то около 6/10 за графоуни -Компания: Сюжет-остановить злодея чтобы она не разрушил весь мир (как оригинально),играется уныло (если проходить не в первый раз,как я).Решил я сегодня пройти ещё раз эту игру,так я не могу! Стрельба не чувствуется,стрелять в глупых болванчиков не
    Не 0 из 10.
    -Графика:
    -Компания:
    Сюжет-остановить злодея чтобы она не разрушил весь мир (как оригинально),играется уныло (если проходить не в первый раз,как я).Решил я сегодня пройти ещё раз эту игру,так я не могу! Стрельба не чувствуется,стрелять в глупых болванчиков не интересно.НО! Это прохождение собиралось быть 5-6 (ну люблю я проходить игры,которые мне ПОНРАВИЛИСЬ,MW3 одна из них) А первые 2,реально неплохо (если вы не любитель хардкора ,да вы можете выставить сложность "ветеран",но... господи,как это уныло,отсиживаться в укрытии и регенерироваться,а потом высунуться,убить 1 и снова за урытие,а там ещё 4 стоят.Очень заманчиво) Представим,что я прохожу её впервые:Скоротечные и ураганные уровни,эпичные скрипты,концовка трилогии,даже пара сюжетных поворотов имеется! Вообщем,если вы сейчас будете играть в компанию MW3,она вас либо разочарует и вы её возненавидите,или она неплохо зайдёт. 7/10 за компанию.
    -Спец-операции,выживание:
    Главный минус-карты взяты из сюжетной компании,и из мультиплеера,сразу видно,что кто-то поленился.НО! Можно пройти всё с другом,а с ним ведь что угодно будет веселее и интереснее.
    В спец-операциях есть разнообразие,типа "собрать нужные предметы" "прикрывать друга" "пройти по-стелсу" "защищать определённую точку",но очень мало тех самых миссий,которые по-настоящему ко-опные,хотелось бы больше миссий в духе "ваш партнёр попал в засаду,вы отправляетесь на вертолёте за ним,прикройте его с пулемёта",миссии в которых у каждого есть своя задача,а не где вы оба просто идёте,убиваете,выигрываете.Что круто,с другом ОЧЕНЬ даже интересно играть на "ветеране",когда вы планируете свои шаги,есть реальный челендж. Выживание-набор карт из мультиплеера. Вам респают на карте ботов,вы их убиваете,получаете деньги,тратите их на оружие,турели,поддержку и т.п. Ничего необычного. 7,5/10 за Спец-операции и выживание.
    -Мультиплеер:
    Наиграл более 600ч,покупал игру 2 раза,1 аккаунт был слит,из-за моей наивности и неопытности.Всё-таки MW3 моя первая игра в steam и мои первые друзья именно из этой игры... Не смотря на ностальгию,стараюсь здраво всё оценить.
    --Карты: серые и какие-то депрессивные(в отличии от MW2).Если мультиплеер вас увлечёт,то вы наверняка наиграете в него минимум 100ч,поначалу вам не будет,возможно,видно этой серости,но потом увидите точно,очень жаль.Можно же было позаимствовать из MW2 яркость красок,а из black ops могли взять события на карте,влияющие на геймплей,активируемые кнопки,которые что-то делают. Батла смотрит как на говно,как говорится.
    --Баланс:Его просто нет.Будучи 13 уровня вы можете спокойно попасть в сессию к человеку,у которого наиграно более 1000ч,а ещё и 80лвл (максимальный,после него можно сменить престиж и качаться заного).И что получается,вы без снаряжения,без оружия,которое убивает с 2 выстрелов,в отличии от чувака 80 лвл. И читеры ...вх,аим,воллхак,что там ещё есть не знаю,встречал я их не так уж и часто,видать повезло.Но сам факт,что они есть и они могут спокойно избежать наказания... В стиме,прямо в обсуждениях чувак писал "2 дня с читами побегал,скучно стало",зашёл я к нему в профиль,а VAC бан не стоит...
    --Режимы:Вам главное знать,что в 80% режимов не играют,в 5% играют всегда,в 15% обычно вечером.
    Может я назвал больше минусов,но мульт этой части не плох,в него ещё можно немного поиграть,а самое главное получить хоть немного удовольствия! 6,5/10 За мультиплеер
    Вообщем 7/10. Советую ли я игру сейчас? Нет! Только если вы фанат COD,либо скидка дойдёт до 300-350рублей,но покупать за ту цену,которая стоит сейчас-безумие! 1799 pуб. нет уж!
    Играйте только в хорошие игры,удачи!
  7. Jan 14, 2013
    Easily the worst COD game Ive ever played, Boring and uninspiring campaign, One of the worst PC ports for a shooter(feels like a last min port), And the game looks and feels like MW2, Least its got an addictive multiplier, and the characters feel alive( Not wooden)
  8. Jan 5, 2013
    Terrible, there is nothing about good about MW3 AND ITS $60! There is a terrible campaign, bugs in multi-player, poor graphics and awful voicing. And i thought that MW2 was bad!
  9. Apr 27, 2012
    Once again, I'll skip the single player, since...well, I'm actually playing the multiplayer due to a promotion and this is a review made in about 48 hours of gameplay (not literally, but I think it's enough, and I'll explain why). So let's go to the multiplayer...and well, once again, you can see the effort put into this game, because there is little or none of it. Personal criticismOnce again, I'll skip the single player, since...well, I'm actually playing the multiplayer due to a promotion and this is a review made in about 48 hours of gameplay (not literally, but I think it's enough, and I'll explain why). So let's go to the multiplayer...and well, once again, you can see the effort put into this game, because there is little or none of it. Personal criticism apart, I knew this game wasn't going to be any good at all, and for many reasons. First of all, lots of stuff is blocked from the very start, and I mean LOTS (even playmodes...really?), making you play for unlocking first the class customization, then modes, and veeeery slowly the weapons, perks, and so on...Didn't I see this game somewhere? But really, I can't stand a game where you have to play so much for unlocking FEW things, and those few things so far very USELESS (i've unlocked about 3-4 perks, and none of those were any useful, and the few weapons I've got I barely used half of them) and since now the levels are 80 (without counting the 20 prestiges), the grinding will be immensive. The arenas are...actually kinda better than the previous game; they aren't great but I really didn't complain so much about them than the previous game, and some of them are also good for different modes. Too bad campers still exist, and they'll exploit, once again, any blind corners in order to easily win, and once again if they try to say that this was actually planned, then I'll continue to say that they should think twice. And make much better maps. Ok, a good improvement are the levels on the weapons: the idea is very nice and actually makes you want to improve that particular weapon, but as I said I've been using a total of 3-4 weapons, and they were a lot similar to each others. I don't like to compare to other games, but this is basically the same game once again, and as I said before even though I played for a little time, I could see the major similarities between this and the previous game (which I played for about 4-6 months), with so few changes that it's hard to not notice; I would have highly suggested this game if it wasn't for the HUGE price and if it costed like 20 or 30 euros, but really, for 60-70 euros/dollars for a game that barely lasts one year and also for a game that rarely gets cheaper, I'll strongly advise to skip it and spend that money for any other game: it will be worth of your money. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    The Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with a half good product. CoD is value for money but is lacking in original creativity. The special Ops is well done, the story pretty much sucks (no excuses - it sucks and you have brain damage if you think it's a good story), and the multiplayer isThe Call of Duty creators must be criticized for having the greatest opportunity in the industry with unlimited resources to only coming up with a half good product. CoD is value for money but is lacking in original creativity. The special Ops is well done, the story pretty much sucks (no excuses - it sucks and you have brain damage if you think it's a good story), and the multiplayer is the same as ever with little innovation. I do recommend MW3 due its surface fun and value for money but it lacks to what should have been something much much more. Expand
  11. Sep 10, 2015
    Great game. I can say that because I actually played it. I like the new point/killstreak system. It really benefits the objective based game type player.
  12. Sep 29, 2012
    I did it again!!!! After terrible release of Black Ops I though they will fix gameplay and create again good game. For me graphics is not main feature in games, so will not complain about graphics which BTW looks like from 2002.
    But they didn't fix anything. Whole game ooks exactly same.. More like level pack.
    Singleplayer is boring and on multiplayer you can have fun is you love to be
    Singleplayer is boring and on multiplayer you can have fun is you love to be shot from the back each time and never able to see what's happend. No matter what's your skill game will respawn enemy ALWAYS behond your back.
  13. May 29, 2016
    A completely intense, hooking and action-packed concluding season for the Modern Warfare Saga. I don't play Call of Duty games for the multiplayer but for the single player -- and I can say CoD: MW3 killed it. Plus, the story is more solid than that of the MW2.
  14. Aug 8, 2012
    After playing this game on the xbox360, I only played Multiplayer on PC, therefore I am giving the rating on that, the connection is just as bad as the connection you generally get on Xbox360, unless you play on the dedicated servers, which actually only play as 'private matches' which aren't ranked, this + the review I gave for the xbox360 version.
  15. Feb 29, 2016
    Proper ending of the franchise. I hope the amount of negative feedback the game received won't put enough pressure on developers to rearrange from FIRST PERSON SHOOTER WITH WAR BACKGROUND to rpg. Don't wanna play THE kind of game, don't buy it then.
  16. Aug 6, 2012
    I honestly don't understand why there is so much hate for this game. That's not to say that it's amazing, but I wasn't really disappointed. The single player plot is pretty bland for being SO over-the-top, but if you don't think about it too much, it's fun to play. My favorite part has got to be the single player survival mode: it provides countless hours of additional gameplay with plentyI honestly don't understand why there is so much hate for this game. That's not to say that it's amazing, but I wasn't really disappointed. The single player plot is pretty bland for being SO over-the-top, but if you don't think about it too much, it's fun to play. My favorite part has got to be the single player survival mode: it provides countless hours of additional gameplay with plenty of challenge. MW3 continues the trend of being basically a multiplayer game with a short campaign and some extras thrown in, but at this point I can't complain: you know what you're getting. Expand
  17. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    Should I copy and paste the same review as Modern Warfare 2? Well, I try to make it different, but I'll say the same things. This game engine is the same as the CoD 4 Modern Warfare from 2007, nothing has changed, nothing has been optimized. The game is the same as any other post CoD-4 CoD. The gameplay sucks, the singleplayer sucks, the multiplayer sucks, the graphics sucks. The plot isShould I copy and paste the same review as Modern Warfare 2? Well, I try to make it different, but I'll say the same things. This game engine is the same as the CoD 4 Modern Warfare from 2007, nothing has changed, nothing has been optimized. The game is the same as any other post CoD-4 CoD. The gameplay sucks, the singleplayer sucks, the multiplayer sucks, the graphics sucks. The plot is enough good, but not good, since it's not deep and mature. The sound is OK. Avoid these games. There's a CoD every half year (yeah, not even every year, since every 6 months you see a "new", bad, and sad CoD). Sold out games. I do not give this a 0 just because this is not as bad as Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified (45 minutes of SP). CoD MW3 = 0.75, for me. Expand
  19. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago. The weapon is so

The weapon is so artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous.
  20. Mar 27, 2013
    Not only this game has no improvement in either graphic or element from previous installment, it is also a poor console port. Just check for the DirectX error for this game in steam or other forum. It is a random error which causes crash to players, in either single or multiplayer. What a shame, especially for such a price! Will never buy this series anymore!
  21. Aug 18, 2013
    The singleplayer is ok, they have improved it a little bit but the campaign is still very short (6 hours) and the multiplayer is just a joke. I hate the feel of it, and everything is just unbalanced such as the spawn points, weapon damage, and so on. The only thing I really enjoyed was the survival and challenges. But thats it.
  22. Apr 29, 2014
    I'll start with the campaign. I've always enjoyed CoD's story lines, but this one was sadly disappointing. Coming off of the outstanding MW2, I expected a lot, but got a cliché' "take the fight to Europe, destroy a few big cities, kill a bunch of people, and walk off feeling epic" game. Then another thing: the entire game is one color. The cities are entirely gray, even the people. TheI'll start with the campaign. I've always enjoyed CoD's story lines, but this one was sadly disappointing. Coming off of the outstanding MW2, I expected a lot, but got a cliché' "take the fight to Europe, destroy a few big cities, kill a bunch of people, and walk off feeling epic" game. Then another thing: the entire game is one color. The cities are entirely gray, even the people. The African scenarios are entirely tan. It gets really annoying after a while. Now I'll move on to the multiplayer. I've always hated CoD multiplayer, and this is no exception. Ridiculously hacked lobbies, glitchy games, and a bad community all make it more and more miserable. Expand
  23. Apr 24, 2012
    MW1 was the game I bought an Xbox360 to play.MW2 and 3 were pretty much the same game with different maps. I don't play online much as all the geeks online don't do much other than swear at each other, so the single player game is quite important to me. Its not bad. Its too short and a bit too 'supersoldier' - but aren't all the shootemups these days? Basically, if you liked MW1 and 2MW1 was the game I bought an Xbox360 to play.MW2 and 3 were pretty much the same game with different maps. I don't play online much as all the geeks online don't do much other than swear at each other, so the single player game is quite important to me. Its not bad. Its too short and a bit too 'supersoldier' - but aren't all the shootemups these days? Basically, if you liked MW1 and 2 you'll like this. So to end with a question for the developers. We have single player story mode, we have online multiplayer mode - why never any modes with battlemaps, two sides, a single player and loads of bots? Expand
  24. Dec 27, 2011
    A lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up theA lot of people thought this game of 2011 is worse than DNF, but technically that is wrong by far. Although there's nothing significantly new with recycled content from the previous MW game, the big upside is the popularity of this game overhyped by players giving low scores. This game could beat the most popular movie of all time which is Avatar. But the only features that owe up the obsolete content in MW3 are dedicated servers and modding support. Overall this game isn't worth the $60 price tag with additional cost on future DLC. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As much as die hardcore fan of CoD i consider myself, this time i decided to step back after learning my lesson with Black Ops and its pathetic ammounts of DLCs.
    I'm sick of Activision's moneygrub, i'm sick of the overpriced DLC's that offer little almost nothing and i won't support ELITE!.
    That being said, its time to put a stop to this madness. Their greediness has to stop. I can only hope for this franchise to end up like games such as THPS or Guitar Hero.
  26. Dec 6, 2012
    Disgusted with the latest COD games, in SP you have more and longer cut scenes instead of fighting.. One of the worst games I played, I can't even connect to the MP servers cause my ping is so high BUT when i play any other COD except for any of the MW series, the MP works great. I'm giving this game a: 0
  27. Apr 18, 2014
    I can see that Activision is making some progress, but slowly. The campaign is short, and the scenario is not too rich. But there's a few clichés which will stick in mind. The Spec Ops missions are more interesting. The multiplayer is great, with the new weapons. And lots of well organized perks and stuff. The new Infected mode is crazy. Like hide and seek. The maps are not so cool. ButI can see that Activision is making some progress, but slowly. The campaign is short, and the scenario is not too rich. But there's a few clichés which will stick in mind. The Spec Ops missions are more interesting. The multiplayer is great, with the new weapons. And lots of well organized perks and stuff. The new Infected mode is crazy. Like hide and seek. The maps are not so cool. But the multiplayer in general is a real fun. The game engine is still the same, but improved. The audio is still unclear and unintelligent. Bullets sound for example doesn't change according to different places. But the game in overall has the face of a victor. Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    I have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totallyI have enjoyed the cod series over the years and love MW1. When MW2 was released, the series started to lose my favor due to the companies aparrant inability to get rid of the hackers. It was a shame, I loved the maps. Back to MW1 I went. I enjoyed Blackops but that was a different developer. Watching the commercials for MW3 I must admit, I was pretty excited. I finished the totally bland sp in just over 4 hours.... Wtf? Okay, I was feling rather let down at this point so I fired up mp. After checking to make sure my graphics didn't accidentally get set to low, I realized the game looked like MW2, but not as good. Yes, I started up MW2 to check. I played for 2 days trying out the game modes and have come to the conclusion that I have been suckered. If they would have just patched MW2, and offered a map pack, it would have been better. I feel dirty. I am certain that I will make more stupid mistakes in life, but buying another MW title will not be one of them. Expand
  29. Aug 6, 2012
    Sum up MW3 in one word? Lazy, probably. Back in the days of the first Modern Warfare, the campaign was well-paced and only had the occasional set piece to awe you; whilst in MW3, you can't go 5 minutes without a building, plane or train falling and crashing six inches away from your face. The game becomes exhausting to play and then just turns out to be boring. It's not that I think theySum up MW3 in one word? Lazy, probably. Back in the days of the first Modern Warfare, the campaign was well-paced and only had the occasional set piece to awe you; whilst in MW3, you can't go 5 minutes without a building, plane or train falling and crashing six inches away from your face. The game becomes exhausting to play and then just turns out to be boring. It's not that I think they should revolutionize the graphics every time a new game comes out, but this game does very little new, even story-wise. The story is even more disjointed than MW2 if you can believe that; with a half-hearted structure and poorly developed characters. Do I even need to be babbling right now? Just don't buy this game, unless you're willing to part with £30 for what essentially amounts to just a boring campaign and dull maps. And no, I don't like Battlefield 3 either so let's just drop this argument. Expand
  30. Jan 16, 2012
    The single-player that was once innovative and memorable is now banal and repetitive. None of the moments in Modern Warfare 3 will be as eternal as when you first sneaked by enemy gaurds with Cpt. McMillan or when you first took controls of the guns behind an AC-130. While it's still fun and well-polished, it lacks the excitement "edge-of-your-seat" excitement of Black Ops. Furthermore,The single-player that was once innovative and memorable is now banal and repetitive. None of the moments in Modern Warfare 3 will be as eternal as when you first sneaked by enemy gaurds with Cpt. McMillan or when you first took controls of the guns behind an AC-130. While it's still fun and well-polished, it lacks the excitement "edge-of-your-seat" excitement of Black Ops. Furthermore, none of the multiplayer improvements in Black Ops like character customization or creative game modes make a return in multiplayer. However, the new Survival mode is a blast to play with a friend, as you level up and buy weapons and killstreaks as the game goes on. This instills an excellent feeling of progression that most survival modes lack. However, Survival mode is only playable with two people, which is a shame considering how much more fun the game would be with four. Overall this game is definitely not worth the $60 price tag, but if you've got a friend who you'd like to blast AI buddies with, maybe pick it up after a price drop. If you're looking for a better multiplayer mode however, you won't find much here that's better than Black Ops, likely worse. Expand

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay