Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PC

2.5

1. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty... Such a great series of games which brought whole new level to FPS type of games. Thanks to CoD the shooters look like they look. So where is the problem??

The problem is the technology. Activision didn't invest any money since CoD 2 to develop new engine (Yes Since CoD 2 its the same engine slightly modified), they managed to improve it up to CoD 4 but then they reached limit of it. Did they bother to develop new one? No. Since that time nothing changed. Same animations of characters, weapons and look of maps. They are trying to blind us through doing stuff like replacing zombies with 2 player co-op, new game mode and few new weapons model, but that's all. If you are going to get that game prepare for disappointment. Activision managed to sink all the way to the bottom of the sea one of the best FPS series in history of video games - Well done! From the king to the street beggar. I think it's time for CoD to retire for couple of years and come up with something new. Single player - stopping WW3 sounds great, you have the same characters (that didn't die) from previous version of MW. Map design is simple - get from point A to point B. Don't worry you won't get lost on the way. Guess why... CoD1 offered several different paths to reach objective and that's what should be restored! I don't care about fancy explosions!

Multiplayer - its just map pack for MW2.

Conclusion? Get different game because this one is worth only half of it's current price...
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game

This game really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    Crappy rehash. They keep releasing this stuff year after year, and we just keep buying it. No more, this was the last time I ever purchased a Call of Duty game, at least until they decide to innovate instead of using the same game with a few new maps.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible Game! I hate it! it's not innovative. Shame on the developers. Nothing new. Nothing using. Old graphics. Terrible single player plot. A complete FAIL.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a rehash and its pretty much solidifying the fact that gaming is dying. Every year expect more and more of these things to come out, receive inflated scores by paid off reviewers, and for them to break all sorts of retail records. COD is the new Madden of our time, only difference is it changes even less between installments.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    This game deserved an 8 or 9 the first time it came out. However in school I've learned that turning the same thing in twice in a row gets you a 0 the second time. So that's what this copy/pasted game deserves.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    Its like buying a fake rolex! You know its going to break and will be left in a drawer a week later, but you buy it anyway! Thats what i did with this game. Its MW2.1, what a waste of money! Campaign was okay, but the oh so controversial part is just lame. It didnt help knowing that soap died the whole way through too, i felt like a right mug carrying his injured body when i knew he wasIts like buying a fake rolex! You know its going to break and will be left in a drawer a week later, but you buy it anyway! Thats what i did with this game. Its MW2.1, what a waste of money! Campaign was okay, but the oh so controversial part is just lame. It didnt help knowing that soap died the whole way through too, i felt like a right mug carrying his injured body when i knew he was only going to die. Christ! Its like a bad movie. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with MW2 MW1 . Of course! Graphics was more...... worse! cracked texture .. (sigh) how can u make it with Dat cost of making = 150,000,000 U.S. dollars ????? R U Insane? Gimme back my 60$.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    I don't understand why we keep paying for the same game... They should of stopped at cod4 and ended on a good note. I hope that people will learn their lesson this time around and not continue to buy they games anymore or at least till they decided to actually make a new game.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is blatantly a copy of MW2 with new textures, a few game modes and new maps. This game isn't worth $60. It's what killing the gaming industry. Absolutely no effort is put into these Call of Duty games. Simply awful.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Before I start, yes, I have played MW3 and BF3. Now, I just want to make something clear, MW3 has torn my faith into shreds that I once had for the COD series. However, before I start to rage, let's move onto the problems. 1)Graphics Engine is SOOO outdated, I could get games on the PS2 that have graphics that are more friendly to my eyes.
    2) Recycled gun noises and models is just laziness
    2) Recycled gun noises and models is just laziness on infinity and sledgehammers part. Come on, atleast make some new noises for once? 3) Again, MORE recycled things. Buildings throughout the campaign and multiplayer I have seen before in previous Modern Warfare games, like I said before, just lack of effort.
    4) NO INNOVATION WHAT SO EVER. Pretty much everything we see in MW3, has been in past games, except a few things, causing me to believe that MW3 was rushed, to produce the same crappy 1 year deadline games.

No Activision/Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer Games, just no. Please next time, try not to create the same things that you have been for the last few years. Try something new.

Overall, what can I say, don't get this game!

P.S. Get Skyrim or BF3 instead.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I won't give it a 0 because that is unreasonable. The BIGGEST reason why it doesn't deserve anything higher than 1 is quite simple. Recycled buildings, UI is almost exactly the same as previous games, 3 hours campaign (really?). The game could have been released as a single game. It pains me to see my friend buying it only because "it is the newest one". The game doesn't justifyI won't give it a 0 because that is unreasonable. The BIGGEST reason why it doesn't deserve anything higher than 1 is quite simple. Recycled buildings, UI is almost exactly the same as previous games, 3 hours campaign (really?). The game could have been released as a single game. It pains me to see my friend buying it only because "it is the newest one". The game doesn't justify itself for the cost at all. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    I just finished the campaign and i regret to say that i should have played a demo before spending my hard earned euros. I know that the game's central focus is the multiplayer, however this is no excuse for it's single player aspect being so mediocre, at best. Extremely short, the epitome of linear and "on rails" gameplay with an uninspiring story and no new features at all bar someI just finished the campaign and i regret to say that i should have played a demo before spending my hard earned euros. I know that the game's central focus is the multiplayer, however this is no excuse for it's single player aspect being so mediocre, at best. Extremely short, the epitome of linear and "on rails" gameplay with an uninspiring story and no new features at all bar some weapons. Graphics are decent but this doesn't cut it in 2011. A week ago i finished Deus Ex HR and the comparison of the two titles puts Activision to shame. I think that it's time for us customers to stop rewarding titles like this one (and sadly we will) with our wallets. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good Game. Game on the network is pleased with their stoblinostyu and dynamics. Thanks to the developers for this great game. I am pleased at.
    It has long been a distinct nebylo multiplera. All game modes encouraging. Sorry for the short single.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cantIs it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell....Is it MW2 or MW3? I cant tell.... Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    i reviewed the game a few mins ago and i accidentaly gave it a 10 since im new to the site so my bad .................................................................................................
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    This is another copy and paste game, i was extremely disappointed with this game. The campaign was terrible, as RazielDe described it quite accurately. The Multiplayer is exactly like the previous game (MW2) with a few tid bits added it to make it seem different than MW2, but they are not fooling anyone. The Maps are Horribly designed , resulting in almost all of the game being indoors.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a good game and I believe that all this MW3 hating is a bit silly. It makes me think at all those people who hate Microsoft for Windows, yet still use it. If you hate the game so much, why bother in the first place? You saw MW2 in action. you knew what it was coming to you. Stop **** guys, and be fair. Graphics isn't everything.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Linear and very short campaign, horrible graphics, a lot of dlcs coming, etc... and another call of duty. Modern warfare 3 is not a game, it's a dlc for modern warfare 1, exactly the same game but with new maps, weapons and "4hourscampaign".
    Not a game, juste a **** don't buy it.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    My review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The differenceMy review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The difference between the two is obvious: Battlefield is a War Simulator, while COD is more of a tightly focused team driven "arcade" shoot-out. MW3 has a lot to offer: the campaign takes you on a colossal joy ride visiting monuments few may ever see in their lifetime. The co-operative Spec Ops feature is much improved and allows for countless hours with a buddy. The Multiplayer shoot-out is far better tweaked with the killstreaks.

However, there are a few things that stand-out to be missing from last years offering that I think should've been included by a "AAA" Blockbuster title. First, there is no native gamepad support like there was in Black Ops (which was the first COD game to offer the feature on the PC). Yes, most of us game on mouse/keyboard to play competitively, but a lot of us these days have our PC hooked up to our HDTV and prefer to play on the couch after a long (or hard) days work instead of my desk. Most modern PC games have this feature, Activision should know better. The only solution here is to use a 3rd party program like Xpadder or Pinnacle Gaming Software. Second, for 'being' a Blockbuster title Activision should ensure that they are moving the 'gaming' ball down the 'technological' field. Last year, Black Ops had native 3D support and was supported using Nvidia's 3D Vision/3DTVPlay system on PCs. This was omitted in Modern Warfare 3. Technology should be moving in a one-way direction, and the dev's should've taken what Treyarche did and built on it. Had they implemented these features, I would be happy to give them a '10' for a great fun game as a Battlefield fan.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    short campaign that I'm pretty sure I've played before. Honestly, its basically the video game version of a Michael Bay movie. Awful, please don't waste your money like I did.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    Game sucks. Plain out and simple. If you played the game without knowing what it was you would have assumed it was just a DLC for MW2 and the sound settings boosted. I am very disappointed in both the mulitplayer and singleplayer. The multiplayer has been jammed into smaller maps, gun and other sounds amplified so they don't sound realistic. Overall its just a terrible game that wasGame sucks. Plain out and simple. If you played the game without knowing what it was you would have assumed it was just a DLC for MW2 and the sound settings boosted. I am very disappointed in both the mulitplayer and singleplayer. The multiplayer has been jammed into smaller maps, gun and other sounds amplified so they don't sound realistic. Overall its just a terrible game that was released to keep up with the marketing of Battlefield 3. Don't waste your money. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    First, Glen Schofield, users scores are not suspiciously low.
    Keep in mind that you had more than 1 billions of turnover for selling CODBO.
    I don't think the money was used to make this game. Poor graphic, NO RANKED DEDICATED SERVER, no evolution for the gameplay, short solo, corridors maps only. Upscaling in video settings (shame on you). It's a MW2's map pack, nothing more. What did you
    First, Glen Schofield, users scores are not suspiciously low.
    Keep in mind that you had more than 1 billions of turnover for selling CODBO.
    I don't think the money was used to make this game.
    Upscaling in video settings (shame on you).
    It's a MW2's map pack, nothing more.
    What did you do with our money?
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    What can I say about this game. Wonderful, spectacular, cinematic and many more things, can still remember the first time I played Call of Duty was an experience our glorious why I say that Call of Duty is not a simple fps he is the king of all graphs is both recycled or not so I know the game is so wonderful but leaves you with so much that I like to ask more.and biz
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a FAN BOY..... of RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS on any game!

Seriously, this is the PC version. You need to allow ranked dedicated servers. No one wants to play with hackers and lag/Host Migration. We are NOT Console! Don't give me a green bar, give me a ping! Black OPS had dedicated servers with EXP. Why did Infinity Ward screw us over? Please Fix it or at least say you will
    I am a FAN BOY..... of RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS on any game!

Seriously, this is the PC version. You need to allow ranked dedicated servers.
    Black OPS had dedicated servers with EXP. Why did Infinity Ward screw us over? Please Fix it or at least say you will never do it, so I can uninstall this game forever.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Same textures, same guns, same cramped levels... This is virtually identical to Modern Warfare 2, oh I mean Black Ops, oh I mean COD4... Madness to think they can repackage the same game with new maps for $60.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    I swear to god this is the exact same CoD I have been playing for the last 5 years! Nothing ever seems to change in this game including the predictable and unoriginal plotline. Multiplayer is literally a rehash, very few changes to it except for 2 game modes. People don't spen your money on this greedy developer's game so they can whither away.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Hey Glen Schofield read this review:

Hey Glen Schofield read this review:

Let me start by saying I'm not going to compare to BF3, I will only compare to the past COD games and how this functions as far as improvements and features it provides. The campaign is what we have come to expect from a COD game, all sparkle and no substance, it has cool set pieces but the levels themselves are way too short and the way the story is handled is not very good switching places between different soldiers at different times without good explanation as to why, compared to Black Ops which imo is the best COD campaign that gave good explanation and had an interesting albeit derivative twist, it was still entertaining and i enjoyed it. Now on to controls and multiplayer, the controls are probably the tightest ive ever felt in a COD game, and thats pretty awesome! but unfortunately Lag compensation still exists from Black Ops rendering my games completely unplayable, I've had only one awesome game out of the 13 I've played and I'm sure that people in that very game were getting the short end of the lag compensation stick, and everything that was cool about black ops with the currency system allowing you to unlock whichever guns you please (if you have it unlocked to purchase from ranking up) has been removed, and back to the archaic MW2 method of using each gun and gaining a set amount of kills or mini challenges to get the gun ranked up to unlock parts of the gun itself, why did they go this route?? Black Ops made it so much easier for people to just get in rank up and unlock whatever you please and truly customize your character, now dont get me wrong I am in no way trying to praise Black Ops as the holy grail of COD gameplay, it has its large share of issues with lag compensation as well, but at least (for PC of course) they had a server browser that YOU CAN RANK UP IN, and gave PC gamers the option of having Lean controls which of course you can keybind to whichever key you want!

So essentially what we have is with MW3 is run of the mill campaign, but who really expected anything more? We have a mp that went backwards in a good way with getting dedicated servers (for PC im talking about) but then ruins it because you cant rank up and no one will play this game to not rank up in mp! hence why in server browser there are only 400 people compared to matchmaking where its over 44000, what was the point of doing this? BF3 at least has a server browser AND quickmatch function!! is that so hard to do for 2 studios working on this game? This is horrendous and a joke on longtime fans of the series, we all know this game was milking it, but I couldn't believe that a game could take steps forward backward and sidestep at the same time. Lets not forget about the map design, pardon my language but WHAT THE **** Every map feels like the airport map from MW2, every map is small, contained and dependent almost entirely on close quarters and the look of the maps are either A) Destroyed urban or industrial area with rubble everywhere and everything in shambles or B) some random jungle. MW1 and MW2 had the best designs of MP maps in the series, they all had their own personalities as well as were able to differentiate from one another. Black ops had a few very good maps but others really fell flat, and dont get me started on the DLC map packs

Now the improvements this game brought to the series in my opinion are as follows:

Pointstreaks as opposed to Killstreaks and different strike package setups: Brilliant, giving people more options as to how to play a game and not allow those who dont depend solely on getting high kills get all the fun with streaks, and having the risk vs reward factor in all the different packages is resfreshing.

Controls as I said previous are improved and it flows very nice and I havent encountered any issues up to now regarding the controls after completing the MP and SP, and at least they included a Smooth Mouse option so people can have a choice.

Spec ops, is just as badass as it was in MW2, and the survival mode is a TRUE COD survival mode and is much much better than Zombies (which in my opinion wasn't very hard to beat, but beat it they did and at least 100 fold)

Graphics for the game are what you expect from Quake 3 tech, and it does have some moments of brilliance surprisingly (i run the game at 5760x1080p) but other moments it does look like an Xbox 1 or PS2 game and makes FEAR 1 look like Crysis. So this is a sort of stalemate in the graphics department

so just to sum up here:

Pros:
    Campaign if you liked the past CODs then youll like it, it has its moments, the story sucks tho
    Controls
    Pointstreaks
    Spec Cops/Survival

Cons:
    Campaign story sucks and if you hate old CODs you wont like this one either
    Lag Compensation = worst idea ever and should be illegal in 60 dollar games
    Servers not able to rank up rendering them useless and no one ways them (PC version)
    Archaic MW1 and MW2 weapon attachment unlock system
    Blops currency gone
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    Well, this really really really is poor. It's identical to MW2, with the addition of a few extra maps. I am amazed how Activision could release a game which is so similar to the previous version, and expect people to pay for it. Also, the graphics are absolutely shocking for this day and age.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Maps lack the simplicity of the previous Modern Warfare's in the franchise, littered with useless junk every step of the way, and all sorts of little nooks and cranny's for your neighborhood camper to hide, these are just the basis of the problems with the third installment of "Infinity Ward's" Modern Warfare. Without Infinity Wards full development of the game, it feels that the newMaps lack the simplicity of the previous Modern Warfare's in the franchise, littered with useless junk every step of the way, and all sorts of little nooks and cranny's for your neighborhood camper to hide, these are just the basis of the problems with the third installment of "Infinity Ward's" Modern Warfare. Without Infinity Wards full development of the game, it feels that the new sledgehammer partner involved with activision has taken a more treyarch feel to the game, especially involving the design and over-all feel of the guns. I think that activision should strongly consider a major patch for the game, involving a stopping power perk, and/or a slight boost to the damage of all the guns, as well an attempt to fix the horrendous Hit-Detection in the game, and the release of some bigger, less cluttered maps. I am very disappointed in this game over-all, as it feels like an absolute half ass attempt to add better graphics (essentially just by adding garbage and crap all over the maps, and making them as cluttered as possible), and just over all poor map structure and game-play, I'm left with no choice but to return it as I am simply just not enjoying it at all. Keep in mind I have 46 days clocked on MW2, and am 10th prestige in MW1, this will be the first Modern Warfare I do not play because it is simply poorly designed. Better luck next time activision, Sincerely,
    OMGurHeadsGone
  31. Nov 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game has major flaws in multi player gameplay. Akimpros very OP, maps too small, hacks out since day 1, same bad p2p system as MW2 on occassion, too noob friendly with adding in a free perk to the gun. Singple Player game was good but short with a little open plot hole at the end. They gave a convenient character for Price to use. have not tried spec-ops. Hoping it's as good as MW2 was which was terrific.

Multi player is what people buy this game for so I gave it a 6.
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a message to the developers and publishers of Call of Duty: First, ditch the engine you have been using since the first game; then, actually put some effort into redesigning and improving your game rather than just adding some new guns and kill streaks; finally, stop releasing horrid map packs while calling them DLC and charging $15 for something that should be free. To sum thatThis is a message to the developers and publishers of Call of Duty: First, ditch the engine you have been using since the first game; then, actually put some effort into redesigning and improving your game rather than just adding some new guns and kill streaks; finally, stop releasing horrid map packs while calling them DLC and charging $15 for something that should be free. To sum that up: Focus on quality rather than quantity and improve your pricing model. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    The thing about this game is that the predecessor (MW2) is much better. This game adds nothing, and cuts support for the old game, just to get more money from you. MW3 seems like a game they made, just to make a game. This should really be a mappack/DLC and a patch to MW2 instead of a whole new game. Look at Valve, they released CSS in 2004, aka seven years ago, still they fix bugs andThe thing about this game is that the predecessor (MW2) is much better. This game adds nothing, and cuts support for the old game, just to get more money from you. MW3 seems like a game they made, just to make a game. This should really be a mappack/DLC and a patch to MW2 instead of a whole new game. Look at Valve, they released CSS in 2004, aka seven years ago, still they fix bugs and release new features to the game today.. Now look at Activision(The publisher of CoD), Cod 4 got released in 2007, they cut almost all support for the game a year later, when Cod:WaW got out. Today its overrun by exploiters, bugs and glitches... For me MW3 is a 60$ mappack.. Expand
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    I think my review will be similar to many of the others that have posted. There is nothing new and absolutely zero reason for this to be a $60 "new game" as apposed to a $20 downloadable map pack. Hopefully the next iteration will include a new engine or at least a decent amount of tinkering so that it can be worthy of being called a new game.
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision is stealing money from people, selling over and over the same game. Honestly I've bought lot of games from them, but now I'm totally pissed off. This game is REALLY bad, hope Activision will stop producing this stuff.
  36. Oni
    Nov 10, 2011
    The game is great, but it's nothing new or innovative. I have purchased the game and loved MW2 and BOPS but this just feels like the same game. Sorry guys, I was kind of let down. I've got to say also, all the guns feel massively overpowered.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    welcome to the world of re-hatching games, and convincing us that we absolutely need to buy them through a multimillion dollar marketing campaign. Modern Warfare 3 has nothing new or drastically exciting. Its not a dud, but DEFINITELY not ground-breaking. If you're looking for a game that has a marginally enjoyable multiplayer then here you go.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    This game truly is as bad as they say. It is just MW2 with new maps. The graphics are outrageously dated. Ive been playing black ops since it came out. As soon as I loaded this game I could immediately see lesser quality graphics than that of black ops. I set everything in the game to extra and put it on the highest resolution. The game is pined at 91 FPS(it would go over 91 if i unlockedThis game truly is as bad as they say. It is just MW2 with new maps. The graphics are outrageously dated. Ive been playing black ops since it came out. As soon as I loaded this game I could immediately see lesser quality graphics than that of black ops. I set everything in the game to extra and put it on the highest resolution. The game is pined at 91 FPS(it would go over 91 if i unlocked the fps in the console). It never drops below that . This should tell you something about how un graphically intense this game is. Save your money. Keep playing black ops or MW2. Don't buy into this garbage. This game is an insult!. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3..cod4 graphics..maps worst then MW 1+2..same guns..same engin..same crappy game MW3 = FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL...SHAME ON U ACTIVATION ...REALLY BIG SHAME..we were waiting for this crapy game since last year..THINK AGAIN
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Pure awesomeness, as usual! Just like I expected, single player is is still as awesome as it was before. Multiplayer? Astronishing! And not bugged like Buggerfield!
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Dear Mr.Glen Schofield

Dear Mr.Glen Schofield

Please go back and make a better game. Please don't use the same sounds, engine, visuals and much much more every year on year. If you want peoples money (even though you already got it) then please treat your costumers with some dignity. Now lets not talk about the horrible campaign that no one will ever remember or care about. But why not focus all your resources on the online mode which is what everyone is paying to play. You made 16 maps for this game on launch day and you think they are worth 60$?

Go back to the drawing board and rethink your strategies. You think that Counter-Strike is what it is because Valve treat their costumers like you?

Thank you!
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    The brand of CoD is so powerful, they don't even need to add much compared to previous games to sell millions of copies to make a lot of profit. This results in a game that we've already had here before (MW2, Black Ops).
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money and would like to spend it on a steaming pile of **** then this game is for you!

Call of Duty is the reason why FPS games have gone down hill. I guess good for Activision as they still make a killing for releasing the same game over and over again.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Complete waste of money and a joke, same as Mw2 over and over............................................................................................................................................................................................................................. the campaign sucks, online is the same again can't stand infinity ward fml
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the same game as MW2 basically, nothing great about this game at all. Graphics still look horrible and game play is same as any other COD. no big changes at all made to this game. Id rather play World at War
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    ya estoy cansado de la misma mie#$% cada año y seguiré jugando el MW2 de ves en cuando hasta que salga algo que valga realmente la pena, ademas porque comprar MW3 si hay un Batman AC, un Uncharted 3, un Skyrim, un Gears 3, entre otros.
    bueno esto es solo mi OPINION PERSONAL y se les respeta a quienes si apoyen este juego.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    I note 5 : I really waited its release with all the beautiful promises made. I like the graphics (even if we could expect more after MW2). Some changes in the gameplay bring an added attraction (COD is COD, it's hard to revolutionize completly).
    However, the black spot worthy of a scam from Infinty Ward is their promise that we will have dedicated servers. And what we have : matchmaking (a horror : no possibility of managing the cheaters (and they are present), hard to play in team, trouble connecting...) and dedicated servers but UNRANKED : where is the interest. Why don't do like on BO, why have backtracked ???? Because IW is not interested in what we want but just the money they bring. For me it's the last time !!!!! P.S. for IW : don't be surprised, you have what you deserve. I hope that a boycott of your game will arrive and make you understand somethig.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 has broken sales in nearly all categories upon release, but was it really worth it? Apparently not, considering it's a rehashed version of all of their older games. When designers fail to bring innovation into their game, it's quite difficult to wonder if you should spend your hard-earned cash on the product. Call of Duty has now become a sports game that is released everyModern Warfare 3 has broken sales in nearly all categories upon release, but was it really worth it? Apparently not, considering it's a rehashed version of all of their older games. When designers fail to bring innovation into their game, it's quite difficult to wonder if you should spend your hard-earned cash on the product. Call of Duty has now become a sports game that is released every year. At least EA invests money within their budget to increase the quality of their sounds and visuals. Modern Warfare 3 was created using an outdated engine, which they could have attempted to compete with DICE's new engine, but they chose to hoard as much funding as possible. There is nothing new about this game, other than the revamped Spec Ops mode which has now become Horde/Firefight. Anything original? No. I would suggest that if anyone is debating on buying this game, go ahead and buy a used copy of MW2. You'll get the same experience playing an older game. Now, if you'd like to try something new and exciting, play Battlefield 3. Especially if you game on a PC. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    just an expensive DLC, didnt change anything.... New concepts seems recycled and boring...

just another money maker for Activision.
    as a hardcore gamer (and I know im probably a 0.001% of the gaming community)
    Im very disappointed.
    ggbb.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    Well I jumped right on the band wagon and bought this game without reading any user reviews I wish I had. Overall I am very disappointed. Maybe the developers felt if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I think they have ended up with a stale game, same stuff repeated. It is not a new MW game its a map pack for MW2 and no more. I can't understand why the dedicated servers are un-ranked. I'mWell I jumped right on the band wagon and bought this game without reading any user reviews I wish I had. Overall I am very disappointed. Maybe the developers felt if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I think they have ended up with a stale game, same stuff repeated. It is not a new MW game its a map pack for MW2 and no more. I can't understand why the dedicated servers are un-ranked. I'm in Ireland and don't have a great net connection but at least with dedicated servers I could find one with good ping but what's the point if you cant rank up on them, so I am forced to go the P2P option, which is, for me at least, a very inferior way of playing. You are at the mercy of lag, whom ever is the host has the advantage. Also with the p2p games it just feels like I am spending more time in game lobbies waiting for players to join than in game and when in game you get the always annoying mitigating host message. I'll stick with Black Ops for my COD kicks, enjoying BF3 at the mo and I'm looking forward to Skyrim tomorrow. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    A good action filled game. Not much have changed since Modern Warfare 2, but the campaign is as amazing as the ones in the first two games. Have not played multiplayer. If you are only interested in multiplayer and own another Call of Duty game from the last few years you will not find much value in this game.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    How can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay forHow can you expect a linear, boring, and generic campaign to succeed? The engine? Same one for years; with minor changes here and there. I don't want to play a last gen game. Lets not forget that the multiplayer is EXACTLY the same as the last game. Just a few more guns and different maps. Also, unless you plan unloading your wallet each month, for the next 9 months; you'll have to pay for the ridiculous "ELITE" plan so you can finally get the full game, almost a year after launch. Infinity Ward... Just give up and actually make a new game. Expand
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehashed garbage, Infinity Ward created this game, Activision destroyed it, they broke up Infinity Ward and put Sledgehammer games in charge

Terrible game, avoid at all costs, see high scores from official reviews? Publishers pay them heaps of money to do PROMOS on their website, so they are inclined to get positive reviews, a reviewer on a website once lost his job for giving an honest, low score to Kane & Lynch when his website was being paid to give it a promo.

Oh and its so rehashed, there's actually an article proving the same building model from the now 4 year old COD4 where used in this game, despite it being one of the best selling if not the best selling franchise of all time, they are still so cheap.
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    This review is focused solely on the multiplayer experience. It seems there are really only two changes from recent COD games: Perks/Unlocks & Maps. The maps are possibly the most refreshing change. The game boasts a huge rotation of around 16 maps all of which appear to be well laid out. My only complaint is the drab and uninspired color pallet; far too many of the maps remind me ofThis review is focused solely on the multiplayer experience. It seems there are really only two changes from recent COD games: Perks/Unlocks & Maps. The maps are possibly the most refreshing change. The game boasts a huge rotation of around 16 maps all of which appear to be well laid out. My only complaint is the drab and uninspired color pallet; far too many of the maps remind me of Carnival from MW2. At face value, the perks and unlocks appear new and exciting; that is, until you read the description and realize it's the same old perks with new names. The game throws new unlocks and challenges at you at an alarming rate. I found this to be a bit overwhelming and not necessarily a positive, however gamers who love to complete a game 100% and earn every single reward may find this appealing. If I were to appraise the value of the new content in Modern Warfare 3, I'd place it at around $15; the cost of a map pack. In hindsight, it was naive of me to assume that Activision would break the mold with MW3 and I take full responsibility for blowing $60 on a game that I already own two copies of (COD4 and MW2). Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    Why am I supposed to buy this game? For a number? For an higher price? For the ridiculous longevity? Why people should buy a game that already has?
    That's no reason.
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    The job they did for the PC is pitiful. No console to change anything. No way to change the FOV, a 90fps cap and no dedicated servers for ranked games. It's just disgraceful.
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    I am totally enjoying the Multiplayer. Fast paced and quick to get in game and load/join maps, The game types add a lot of variety and I like the maps WAY better than in BF3. I prefer the new weapon upgrade system to previous versions of CoD.
    After playing both BF3 and CoD:MW3 I choose CoD.
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    This game killed the call of duty franchise I will never buy another cod game again! To have hyped the game this much and basically release the same game like MW2 is crazy and is just a way to steal our money. NOW GO HACK THE GAME AND LETS MAKE IT BETTER!
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    Tried this game in a store on a console and was COMPLETELY convinced I was playing MW2 the entire time. this game is an insult to the gaming community, it's a digital Bigmac; it smells and looks pretty tasty but after you've had a taste you just want to puke.
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    I bought this game and all it is is a hacked peice of **** and it's the same as Modern Warfare 2 in every way, I am never buying another call of duty game again
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    CoD is apparently the best series the West has to offer. What they're offering, of course, is the same exact thing they have delivered every year for the past couple of years - Hollywood style action movie game for people with ADD: Electric Boogaloo. At least they don't seem to make the pretense of this kind of thing being exclusively for "Hardcore gamers" because like Nintendo, the salesCoD is apparently the best series the West has to offer. What they're offering, of course, is the same exact thing they have delivered every year for the past couple of years - Hollywood style action movie game for people with ADD: Electric Boogaloo. At least they don't seem to make the pretense of this kind of thing being exclusively for "Hardcore gamers" because like Nintendo, the sales mostly come from the exact opposite kind of person. Which is worse, Western devs dominating consoles or the entire FPS genre as a whole, I can't even say. The biggest fear is that THIS GAME could very well be a child's first videogame. And that is extremely depressing. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    If you want to pay for a new version of a game you've already beaten many times before then pick up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection(It has 3 games remade in HD as well as both Metal Gear 1 & 2 and a third side-game. All for 50 bucks), not this reskin of MW2. Aside from having the most brains-off Hollywood plot ever(the writers basically picked names for the Russian from a list ChechenIf you want to pay for a new version of a game you've already beaten many times before then pick up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection(It has 3 games remade in HD as well as both Metal Gear 1 & 2 and a third side-game. All for 50 bucks), not this reskin of MW2. Aside from having the most brains-off Hollywood plot ever(the writers basically picked names for the Russian from a list Chechen terrorists and generic Russian names). It has the exact same gameplay as every other recent CoD release and they even reuse the vast majority of the guns from the last MW title, only giving the reused models slight additions and reskins. This game is in no way worth your hard-earned 80 dollars. I bought it and am extremely unsatisfied with my purchase. If you want a high quality modern fps game you should try out ArmA 2 or wait for ArmA 3, these games have been made by people who actually care about their product and will not attempt to use the brand name to recycle the same product and sell it to you for full price each year.

Disregard the reviews from gamespot and the like, they issue out numbers based on how much advertising a publisher buys on their website as well as the general hype behind the game. They might give MW3 and 85 for a score but I guarantee they had MW3 ads running along the sides of their webpages before their review was even out. It's just another example of shoddy journalism doing nothing to spur advances in gaming, judging by those reviews everyone should be happy with having the same thing year after year with no improvements. It's ridiculous. In closing: Don't buy this game, put your money towards a title that has the dignity not to sell you backwash every year.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Piece of Garbage. Why do people even play this broken, watered down, repetitive, unrealistic and buggy game series? And why are people even BUYING it after all this and sending boat loads of money to one of the laziest and corrupt gaming corporations ( Activision ) and their CEO Bobby Kotick ( Anti-Christ of gaming ).

I shouldnt be blaming you though, the majority of their revenue are

I shouldnt be blaming you though, the majority of their revenue are from kids between the age of 10-14 who are too close-minded and just follow the crowd and buy the game for the title.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    If you own MW2 and play it for the multiplayer, there is zero reason to get this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is good in its own right, but there's just no justifying MW3 being its own game. Any other game in the world, and MW3 would have been a minor content and balance patch for MW2, but here?

This is the exact sort of thing that is the cancer killing modern gaming. Instead of the developers waiting until they had enough new content to make an entirely new game with entirely new stuff, someone just decided that enough time had passed since MW2 to get away with making a sequel. Based on time instead of content, the developers were shoved out the door with whatever they had on hand, (which as we can see from MW3, is not much)

What has actually changed? Well, a few perks are now two perks, two perks were combined into one, and you unlock perks differently. There's a new engine, but it's only noticeable in the single player, and let's be honest, if you're getting this game just for the single player, there are better single player games out there. If you're looking for multiplayer, you're looking to spend 60 dollars to play a game you already own and unlock all your perks again.
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Is this seriously what games have become? Just awful. I could see someone having a lot of fun, assuming they took this game out and put in a better one.
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    I bought both Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 because I'm a big Warfare-Shooter fan and i don't really have a favorite Franchise. Well i didn't, now i do. The Problem with the Call of Duty Series is that, at some point, it turned into a unstoppable hype fueled by the masses. And it was quite profitable for Activision. So what did they do ? Change as little as possible so people don'tI bought both Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 because I'm a big Warfare-Shooter fan and i don't really have a favorite Franchise. Well i didn't, now i do. The Problem with the Call of Duty Series is that, at some point, it turned into a unstoppable hype fueled by the masses. And it was quite profitable for Activision. So what did they do ? Change as little as possible so people don't get scared off, but enough to keep people motivated to play. After Modern Warfare, with the release of Modern Warfare 2, i thought - Yeah that's as far as it should go - but along came Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. And "nothing" has changed, and by nothing i mean nothing fundamental, because that, again, would be too much of a risk. If you played Call of Duty the last years, this episode won't give you any kicks, same old formula in the campaign, same old formula in the multiplayer, same old engine, and that's getting old. Battlefield 3 on the other hand, even through its flaws, seems much more refreshing and appealing. It doesn't bore me, because i haven't been playing Battlefield 3 for ages. But i have been playing Modern Warfare 3 for years now. No more. Expand
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game is terrible, huge waste of money. Multilayer is a train wreck, If I wanted to play Modern Warfare 2 Id pop in my MW2 disk. If anything this should have been DLC.
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    I'm sorry but i played this at my friends house and it was horrible, i seriously cannot begin to describe how mad i am at the developers for simply mixing previous call of duties up, throwing a couple of different things in there and selling it at full price while claiming it is a completely new product.
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    I think there's a typo on the cover art -- that "3" should be a "2". It's a great game and all, I just wish it was something I hadn't played before. Too bad people will get suckered into buying the same game twice. I wonder what we can look forward to in Modern Warfare 4.
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously? Wouldn't this just be a map pack? That's all it is! Cut the crap activision. I can't believe I bought the hype and the 2 hour story! I will no longer support anything with 3 at the end of it. It all turns out to be crap. Fable 3, Spiderman 3, Halo 3,. ETC. IM DONE,.
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    It's November again and that means a few things. Cold weather is fast approaching and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. And it's time for our yearly dose of terrible video game from the guys at Activision.

Where should i start? Oh yes, the fact they've been re-releasing the same game for 4 years now. Now I admit. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was a great game. Had a good Singleplayer and the multiplayer was fun but slightly off balanced. Then came Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. Oh ok the game looks slightly better. It continues the decent story line form the first game. But changed absolutely nothing from the multiplayer. If you look past the Singleplayer it's essentially a 60 dollar patch and map pack for MW1. Then comes this game. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3. Oh man there are a LOT of problems with this one. The engine. It's starting to show it's age. The graphics are tired and boring and look like the same shades of yellow and brown we got with MW2. The singleplayer is dreadfully short 3-6 hours depending on how skilled you are. The story felt rushed and was poorly written. The price. $60? For a PC game? Are you kidding? 60 dollars for somthing that's pretty much a map pack for MW2? (By the way, this game runs off the same .exe as MW2)

The multiplayer that was once refreshing and fun is now just boring and stale they haven't added any new features that actually make the game feel new or fresh again. Just the same old run and shoot. Small maps, changed stats on guns etc.

And you wanna know the worst part about this game? It doesn't even have anything to do with the game. One of the devs on this game a guy by the name of Glen Schofield is virtually pleading for users to come on this site, lie and inflate the user score of his game. This game deserves the user scores it's getting. Don't be mislead by the lies of their fanbase

This game is a horrible mess and you should never ever ever buy another Call of Duty game.
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    we play that game a lot at 2009 now you make it only servers then you call it new game for just more $$.you can make all the new things as DLC for 10$ not new game .I will not lost my money for second time.I hate black ops servers not server in my **** I did't enjoy the online .now i feal the game just copy and paste.even the Grenades saunds like COD2 till now !!
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    After playing (and loving) battlefield 3, this game desperately needs some drastic changes. As a fan of call of duty since the very first game (released on PC, which IW has seemingly forgotten...but that is another issue), It is not easy to speak ill of this franchise. But releasing essentially the same game since COD4 is inexcusable. I hope pc players around the world send a message toAfter playing (and loving) battlefield 3, this game desperately needs some drastic changes. As a fan of call of duty since the very first game (released on PC, which IW has seemingly forgotten...but that is another issue), It is not easy to speak ill of this franchise. But releasing essentially the same game since COD4 is inexcusable. I hope pc players around the world send a message to IW and activision. You can do this by keeping your wallets closed to the greedy and lazy folk who repeatedly ask you for more money and in return give you the same product. As for the pc side of things, no dedicated servers for ranked play? Give me a break. 9v9? Come on. The same old engine and graphics? How about answering us on mod/map tools? You repeatedly piss in the face of pc players, and then insist this is what we want. You continue to alienate fans, while making the game more accessible to the general masses. I understand you want to make money, but your integrity is all but gone. This is made perfectly clear by your pathetic plea for the fans to vote here on metacritic. Well, here ya go. Expand
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Sept 14, 2009 - Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference, San Francisco - Jeetil Patel, Analyst: "What do you think the retailers' willingness these days is to hold inventory on the video game side? Are they building positions today or are they still very reluctant and very careful of how they are buying?" Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard, Inc. - President and CEO: "I don't think itSept 14, 2009 - Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference, San Francisco - Jeetil Patel, Analyst: "What do you think the retailers' willingness these days is to hold inventory on the video game side? Are they building positions today or are they still very reluctant and very careful of how they are buying?" Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard, Inc. - President and CEO: "I don't think it is specific to video games. I think that if you look at how much volatility there is in the economy and, dependent upon your view about macroeconomic picture and I think we have a real culture of thrift. And I think the goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks that we brought in to Activision 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games." .... "I think we definitely have been able to instill the culture, the skepticism and pessimism and fear that you should have in an economy like we are in today. And so, while generally people talk about the recession, we are pretty good at keeping people focused on the deep depression." Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Really this game is Moder Warfere "3"; I cant believe its another game. It feels too much like MW2 DLC. The gameplay is equal, the history is very "cliche" and predictable, and the multiplayer is the same of the last 4 games... really? I think this "Call of Duty" will die like "Guitar Hero". I will save in my memory CoD 2 and 4. The others are only DLCs with a full-game cost.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    I put 1. But why.... One? maybe because of the little "innovations" (like the number 2 which becomes 3) that they have promised to us. While playing MW3, I definitly felt that I just bought the MW2, same graphics, same sounds. I'd have put a better mark if MW3 just cost the half of a normal COD. (Like Sims 3, you buy it 60$, but expansions cost the half) Really disapointed, I'm actuallyI put 1. But why.... One? maybe because of the little "innovations" (like the number 2 which becomes 3) that they have promised to us. While playing MW3, I definitly felt that I just bought the MW2, same graphics, same sounds. I'd have put a better mark if MW3 just cost the half of a normal COD. (Like Sims 3, you buy it 60$, but expansions cost the half) Really disapointed, I'm actually trying to sell it in ebay.. Expand
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    I love it ! Its exactly what you expect after MW2. I only buy the IW Titles, and this one never let me down. My friends and i playing the MP for hours and its even more fun than the campaign. The only complain is, there is no Hans Zimmer music... Hope that MW4 will have Hans back!
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of duty has turned into a sports game basically. They release the same game over and over again every year, still charging full price for last years game. What they are doing is an insult to their fans. The campaign is four hours long with Micheal Bay esq story telling, that is to say there is no story, just explosions and set pieces.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is horrible, you cant even create ranked custom games so that you can farm xp with your friends then be 12 years old and camp in corners and just win all day. How dumb. Also guys have guns and shoot at you, I need a game where the other players can't shoot back because I'm pretty bad.
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    You **** up!
    WTH can't we have rank on dedis? That is the only reason I got the game.

**** idiots it is just about the money. I am going to make my own game and have it the way people want to play it! Can't wait for them to crack the MP. Suck on that IW!
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Complete rehash of the previous squeals, defiantly feeling buyers remorse, waste of money and time, this game needs a entire new team of developers if this is going to change, complete failure on their behalf, also. One more thing, Glen Schofield asking your twitter followers to up the ratings is low, you should be ashamed as a developer.
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    So lets talk about MW2...woops I mean MW3. To be honest, I saw this coming. I knew that this game would just be a MW2 DLC. Unfortunately, the brand "Call of Duty" still attracts the masses of idiots who go for the name not the game. The only reason Activision published this pile of rubbish is because they could have just slapped the name Modern Warfare 3 on a copy of Justin Beiber's DVDSo lets talk about MW2...woops I mean MW3. To be honest, I saw this coming. I knew that this game would just be a MW2 DLC. Unfortunately, the brand "Call of Duty" still attracts the masses of idiots who go for the name not the game. The only reason Activision published this pile of rubbish is because they could have just slapped the name Modern Warfare 3 on a copy of Justin Beiber's DVD and people would still buy it. What it all comes down to is that the console gaming population has an average IQ of around 30. Living in denial that there is no better game than Call of Duty. It is only the rest of the gaming population that tweaks their head to left of the games shelf to realise Battlefield 3 came out too, a MODERN, INNOVATIVE and BRILLIANTLY BEAUTIFUL FPS actually does exist! Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the previous Call of Duty games (Treyarch being my favourable developer of the series) but this is just a ridiculous game. In conclusion, the majority of the gaming population (mainly console) has turned stupid, maybe this is why unemployment is such a big issue. I don't buy for a name. I buy for a game. Expand
  83. Dec 14, 2011
    - No text chat or voice comms in SpecOps
    - No ranked dedicated servers
    - No massive changes to gameplay in multiplayer, just tweaks like an anual sports game. - The touted LAN requires a permanent internet connection...

+ Multiplayer maps more enjoyable than what's in MW2 (subjective)
    + Singleplayer is mindless fun
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    I was excited to see this game, I played COD 4 and MW2 for the story, never bothered with multiplayer until Black Ops. The story is what I wanted, and what I got was a childrens book. Graphics? What graphics? I've seen this game before, oh yeah, MW2, christ, even COD 4. You expect some sort of quality when you send £45 on a product, if I went to the butchers and bought a legI was excited to see this game, I played COD 4 and MW2 for the story, never bothered with multiplayer until Black Ops. The story is what I wanted, and what I got was a childrens book. Graphics? What graphics? I've seen this game before, oh yeah, MW2, christ, even COD 4. You expect some sort of quality when you send £45 on a product, if I went to the butchers and bought a leg of lamb for £30, got home just to find its a hollowed out carcus with maggots inside, I would be entitled to a full refund, why not with this? The campaign was far too short, remember the days when the story of a game would be a decent play through of about 12-16 hours? This one barely hits 4, and that's with toilet breaks, snack breaks, and a small nap due to boredom. To be frank, I think I have had orgasms longer than the length of this game. Now, the multiplayer. Oh my good hypothetical higher being and sole creator. I played 1 hour of this so called" multiplayer, and I felt like crying after the first 6. The maps are smaller than shanty houses in brazil. The maps are poorly designed. I would love to be able to defend it, and the Christians would love to prove God is real, so its not happening. The guns are the same as the ones from MW2, did they really not bother at all? The character models are also the same, I really cant think of anything original about this game, damn, even the cover of the case which this diabolical mess comes in is as generic as you could imagine. If you have gotten this far into the review, then you are probably aware that I hold no place for this "game" in my heart. Don't go anywhere yet, there is more. Hardened Edition? Special Edition? Soldier Wannabe Edition? I Bought This Game To Reassure My Mum I'm Still A Virgin Edition? How many bloody editions do you need? Its the same "game", just comes with some crappy little toys or a metal case, OH MY GOD!!! METAL CASE!!!!! I keep my tobacco in one of those and it doesn't make it any better. Seriously, stop bringing out all of these stupid editions, its a game, people want the disc, well most people, there are a select few losers who will happily hand over there bar mitzvah money to pay for a little toy to go with their "game". Also, Activision, I have no doubt you have one of your mindless slaves going though all of these reviews, so the following goes to said mindless slave- Report back to your masters at Activision HQ, presumably on the side of a volcano, and tell them that they shall never get a penny of my hard earned cash ever again. It's mine, I worked for it, I will only give it to somebody else if they have worked for it, you haven't. Stop making these DLC's, they are a rip off, you are practically stealing. The profits you make, damn, if I made that much I would get done for racketeering. You make enough money, you don't need anymore, you have more than enough to guarantee that you will live a better life than me and most other gamers. Give some to charity, do something good with the money. Last but not least, next year when Call of Duty: Whatever You Call It comes out, I shall not be buying it, and I hope that there are enough people out there who are smart enough to see that there are better games out there that have actually had a bit of work put in to them, and they wont be buying your game. Toodles. Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game not sure why so many people hate it. Thanks guys for putting together a great call of duty game. The spawns are finally fixed. And the maps make it a lot more balanced so its not such a cluster.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, a complete and utter copy of MW2, when setting the detail to max it looks like my gamecube. That's how terrible this game really is, just a recycled game as per usual. The game is rendered at 720p and upscaled or downscaled to whatever resolution you use (obvious console port). Call of Duty's twitter also asked me to write a review because their score was so low, I figuredTerrible game, a complete and utter copy of MW2, when setting the detail to max it looks like my gamecube. That's how terrible this game really is, just a recycled game as per usual. The game is rendered at 720p and upscaled or downscaled to whatever resolution you use (obvious console port). Call of Duty's twitter also asked me to write a review because their score was so low, I figured I'd just lower it even more because it's such a terrible game. Expand
  87. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very exciting game! 100% action. The Graphics could be much better. The Campaing absolutely amazing, Call of Duty next stop could be Hollywood!?

Now the Multiplayer is little different to MW2,but the same!

Excellent Game
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Just rented it, to test it out, and it's just the same old crap. Nothing original. Just trying to ride out the money train. Campaign is the same monotonous, "kill generic bad guys to get to the next scripted event", garbage. You can just play any other modern warfare to get the same multiplayer
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    Rating it a 0. Regret buying the game, complete copy and paste of mw2, the graphics are the same if not worse on PC, i can not speak for the Console versions but on PC, the lack of dedicated servers has completely ruined the multilayer experience all over again, the maps are horrible, most of them are too small for 16 players and between the horrible lag i find my self spawning into gunRating it a 0. Regret buying the game, complete copy and paste of mw2, the graphics are the same if not worse on PC, i can not speak for the Console versions but on PC, the lack of dedicated servers has completely ruined the multilayer experience all over again, the maps are horrible, most of them are too small for 16 players and between the horrible lag i find my self spawning into gun fire constantly. I really wanted to give this game a chance but i regret buying it. The single player mode is what you would expect , very similar to Mw2, the story line is predictable and very linear. Would not recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision is recycling the same game since Modern Warfare 3, the campaign sucks like everything in the game, even the menu is the same as the Modern Warfare 2...
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game. Cut and paste of mw2. It is so bad, don't even try it out. Barely anything has changed and it sucks. It is just a $60 dollar expansion pack. Huge disappointment on the pc.
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    bad game, no one should buy this awkward game, this game sucks and your mother too. this game is bad , very bad, worst game i ever played in my life OMG

copy pasts mw2 just like cod games
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    Blackops disappointed me, with a lot off problems the first 3 months. But MW3 is a complete joke, I want my money back. It is the worst game I've bought since BO. What are you doing Activision? You laugh at PC gamers when you bring a game like this to the market!
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible, horrible, horrible game. This game is simply the same exact game as any other Activision FPS in the past 4 years, with a different (albeit pathetically predictable) story and the same wretched engine. Multiplayer has not changed significantly enough for me to care, and I highly recommend you save your money and wait until this ends up in the bargain bin. Oh wait... it's a gameHorrible, horrible, horrible game. This game is simply the same exact game as any other Activision FPS in the past 4 years, with a different (albeit pathetically predictable) story and the same wretched engine. Multiplayer has not changed significantly enough for me to care, and I highly recommend you save your money and wait until this ends up in the bargain bin. Oh wait... it's a game sold by Acitivision... its outrageous price will remain $59.99 for the next eight years. Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing meaningful has been changed from the last version. No innovation is present. Why should I spend $60 on the same game I played two years ago? Why should I reward a developer lacking meaningful skills beyond copying and pasting?
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    There's nothing new is this game, it's a terrible waste of money. Bad graphics, regurgitated gameplay, same guns, same gamemodes. Oh right, they added in a paid subscription service, Thanks dev's. You guys are f'ing useless as game developers. Go edit some web code or something. You made the biggest francise in gaming the hugest disappointment
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and firing ingame. Then, they try to sweeten us up with their "Elite" service, but only to find out it will cost you ANOTHER $50. Come on Sledgehammer, can we get a reach around when you're giving us the hammer??? I would say avoid this one... But we all bought it sight unseen already.... Oh well. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2011

I think should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect with Modern Warfare 3 on PC. Shockingly bad animation, textures that belong in games made in 2000 (the engine was never good apart from running smoothly, which is understandable to how badly it looks). Hackers plagueing it to death with no support from THREE of the developers that made it (seriously? three to make a mappack?) and no admins to remove the hackers. Enjoy your 40quid mappack.

CoD died with CoD4.
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    The OPPOSITE of innovative gaming.

The single player campaign is extremely linear and in spite of all the drama going on, feels completely unimportant and not interesting. If you've played games like Batman or Deus Ex this year, there is NO WAY that MW3 will sastisfy you here. Multiplayer is the same game we've been getting since MW2. Read if well: ZERO INNOVATION. Oh yeah, more custom
    The OPPOSITE of innovative gaming.

Multiplayer is the same game we've been getting since MW2. Read if well: ZERO INNOVATION. Oh yeah, more custom colors for your gun... That's it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. Instead, just play Black Ops or MW2 again.
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    this is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the worldthis is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world

Do you get it now?

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay