2.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    this is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the worldthis is cod in the past four years, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world, shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the worldshoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world shoot russians, explosions, save the world,shoot russians, explosions, save the world

Do you get it now?
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a non-stop action thrill ride. I hate the use that way over used explanation for an action title, but it fits so well. The single player's action experience is unrelenting you are thrown into one amazing action sequence after another. The multiplayer experience is just what you would expect out of a Call of Duty game. The issues most players had with MW2 seems to have beenThis game is a non-stop action thrill ride. I hate the use that way over used explanation for an action title, but it fits so well. The single player's action experience is unrelenting you are thrown into one amazing action sequence after another. The multiplayer experience is just what you would expect out of a Call of Duty game. The issues most players had with MW2 seems to have been fixed for this newest game, and with the addition of new game modes, and kill-streak packs, this game is a definite increase over MW2. For anyone who loves the Call of Duty franchise, especially the Modern Warfare games, this is a definite must have! Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    just another broken game that no PC GAMER want!
    Thanks Activision for NOT listening to the PC Community We should never support Activision again really!
    No More COD Series! Go make your games only for XBOX / PS3 Really sad getting and MW2 DLC that is once again worse for PC Gamer... Activision you best was ONLY CALL OF DUTY 1 ... Times PC Gamers were Happy and Now we are getting "f*ked
    just another broken game that no PC GAMER want!
    No More COD Series! Go make your games only for XBOX / PS3
    Really sad getting and MW2 DLC that is once again worse for PC Gamer...
    Activision you best was ONLY CALL OF DUTY 1 ... Times PC Gamers were Happy
    and Now we are getting "f*ked up"....
    NO Competive game at all!
    **** Maps , Shiity Laggs , Everything is BAD like MW2
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    This is just a map pack for call of duty mw2. Would you pay $60 for a map pack? All they did was change the 2 to a 3. I would have given it a five but after reading about how they were trying to boost metacritic scores I needed to bring the score down to where it belongs.
  5. BMW
    Nov 10, 2011
    well as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitorwell as mentioned from other reviewers its the same this as MW2 same engine same buggy game play same messed up on line system of trying to play the game the only diff is it has more. more gay no skill required perks and strike packages the game consistently shows that it was designed for a console with low fov (field of view ) that's ok for a TV but when being viewed from a PC monitor its a bit frustrating not seeing whats off to ur left or off to ur right as far as i see this game has been over hyped and the sires has fallen this game is just a cash cow for IW compared to the first modern warfare which i STILL play mw3 has no class the only thing that is consistent that i love about the sires it lone wolf arcade style of play THAT'S IT Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or theIt's a sad state of affairs when the video game industry hands out review scores of 9-9.5/10 for any big name title. Modern Warfare 3 is completely undeserving of the fanfare which has greeted it. It completely lacks innovation. Graphically underwhelming, ridiculous story with hold-my-hand linear gameplay, and multiplayer which is overpopulated by 12 years olds on a caffeine high, or the more "elite" who hide in a corner of the map and wait for you to run by. If this had been my first exposure to the COD franchise, I may have considered an average score. However, this game does nothing to improve on an already successful franchise. Complete waste of time and a backwards step for the industry. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game. I can say that because I actually played it. I like the new point/killstreak system. It really benefits the objective based game type player.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    i do not understand why this wonderful game has such a low rating! i have played it, and it is remarkable. the story-line (as usual) is compelling as ever although the graphics may not be as good as Battlefield's, but still Modern Warfare 3's story and characters makes you have an immersible experience with the return of the old and legendary Captain Price. this game actually hasi do not understand why this wonderful game has such a low rating! i have played it, and it is remarkable. the story-line (as usual) is compelling as ever although the graphics may not be as good as Battlefield's, but still Modern Warfare 3's story and characters makes you have an immersible experience with the return of the old and legendary Captain Price. this game actually has emotions,not just some cold hearted killing. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Where to begin...

Single Player This games campaign was as linear and scripted as it could get like any other CoD game. Every 5 minutes something would blow up like a building would go down or a helicopter would crash and it really gets old fast. The story has been presented terribly as everyone you meet dies like every other CoD game with no development of the characters at all unlike
    Where to begin...

Single Player

This games campaign was as linear and scripted as it could get like any other CoD game. Every 5 minutes something would blow up like a building would go down or a helicopter would crash and it really gets old fast. The story has been presented terribly as everyone you meet dies like every other CoD game with no development of the characters at all unlike the first MW game where they had an excellent background on Captain Price. But in this disaster there are no character development at all, its just one big roller coaster which is miserable to ride, shoot and run.

Multiplayer

This has to be the most pathetic multiplexer I have ever played. IW/Sledgehammer had so much they could of learned from Black Ops but they failed to do so. Like many said its a copy paste from MW2 and I agree you could say MW3 is just a $60 map pack with awful maps designs as they are TOO SMALL. Gun balance is as terrible as ever nothing new there, its a shame that they award players doing bad with death streaks the goal is to get better not worse. Call of Duty Elite

Wow the service was down day one and what do they do? Give you 30 days for free for a program you spend $50 and they don't attempt to fix it till their greedy asses are done counting the money. Verdict

0 games trash, it is basicly a handicap version of MW2 since they didn't add anything new to the series just the same old and removal of things. Unless you are hard core CoD fan consider this a $60 map pack with the worst maps ever made.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    I am being honest when saying this, I did not enjoy this game, It feels like I've played it all before, and the numbing explosions didn't help at all, if I wanted explosions I would watch a Christian Bale film. While the game itself isn't bad, Its Call of Duty, one of the greatest game franchises, you'd be a liar if you said you have never had fun on a COD game. But now its being milked,I am being honest when saying this, I did not enjoy this game, It feels like I've played it all before, and the numbing explosions didn't help at all, if I wanted explosions I would watch a Christian Bale film. While the game itself isn't bad, Its Call of Duty, one of the greatest game franchises, you'd be a liar if you said you have never had fun on a COD game. But now its being milked, to death, and the fact that the DEVS are asking people to blindly up vote the game on this site is disgusting. Now for other issues I've had, the FPS is capped at 90 for me, and I can't change the FOV, the FPS thing isnt much of a problem, but the FOV cap is giving me serious headaches, Black ops and COD4 had an option, why doesn't this game? Its a serious step back in the franchise when you leave out something you had 3 games ago. PC always has gotten the short end of the stick, but this, man this is just unforgivable,the lack of consideration for a good portion of the fans is blatant and I am actually questioning if this game was worth even the 30 dollars I paid to my friend who bought it but found out he couldn't run it. So to sum the game up, its a map pack with a few new things, its mostly just a reskin, same sounds, same story, same modes, while there are a few new ones, overall its just a rehash, and a poor one at that.
    1/10, this is not a full game, this is an expansion pack.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    three words.

complete dog ****

the movement, the sounds, the feel of the weapons, just plain horrible. I want my 60 dollars back.
    Activision.. go **** yourself
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I have liked both CoD and BF games. Ive had all the CoD games since MW. Black Ops was bad.... This is better technically speaking than black ops, but still same rehash crap. Sure it doesnt stutter (in SP)....but no dedicated servers? Cereals? Ouch.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign was short. Its story was so generic that even a retarded child can make it. The graphics is worse than CoD4. The sounds are just recycled junk from old CoD all guns sounds like a toy gun. Its streak system become from worst to worstser(i know there's no such word). To make it simple. This game is a joke. Its a CoD4 DLC.. And Cod4 is much better. Save your money and buy other games.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 gives you the rush and excitement that CoD fans have become accustomed to. The game has definitely stepped up from last years installment and is leaving the series fresh in my eyes. Buy the game. I am sure you will agree as well.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give this game a 4/10 because I actually bothered to finish it and it didn't crash to desktop once.
    Now to get on to why the game doesn't deserve a score higher than that:
    1. The graphics are abysmal, have not been improved since Call of Duty 4, and are actually worse on the PC since the render resolution is locked to 720p and upscaled horribly if you set it to a higher resolution than that. This makes it obvious that it's just a bad console port and the appropriate amount of attention was not paid to the PC version.
    2. The gameplay is tired, uninspired and boring. Shooting hordes of enemies with terrible AI that respawn until you move to an arbitrary position on the map may have been fun back in 2003 (hell, it may have been fun in 2007), but it's getting old now. This is the same game as before just in a different place, only now the bad guys are even harder to see and distinguish from enemies because the world is even greyer and everyone is wearing grey.
    3. The story is horrible. The pacing is entirely off and relies on cheap tricks and setpieces that would have been exciting four years ago, but just seem clichéd now. For example, there are so many instances in this game where you'll be heading to the "extraction zone" or whatever and your means of escape will explode. This was only ever exciting once, not the twelfth time you pull it on the player. Another gripe with the story is the horribly put together shock scene involving the death of a child. For a start, the tone was never properly established, so it just seem shoehorned in, it never made sense that there were carefree American tourists on holiday in the UK when their country was being invaded, and the whole scene smacks of a pathetic attempt to create controversy to gain sales. Not to mention that the general plot itself is the same. A Russian guy is trying to create a conflict to take over the world or establish Russian dominance again or something, it's never really clear, and so the merry band of SAS and American soldiers have to team up to stop the nukes. Seem familiar? It should do if you've played Call of Duty 4.
    4. The Multiplayer. It's the same as Modern Warfare 2. If you liked that you'll like this, but if you got used to the improvements made in BlackOps then I have disappointing news for you. The dedicated servers are not ranked and the matchmaking is awful. The gunplay is worse and there are confirmed day-one aim hacks.

Altogether, this is a lazy game that was obviously rushed out in a year to make truckloads of cash with a minimum of effort. Judging from the preorder sales alone, it has already done that, but regardless of this I do not recommend you buy it. It's a tired rehash of previous games in the series and the loss of the creative minds behind Infinity Ward to Respawn Entertainment shows very much. The only reason to buy this game is if you want more of the same multiplayer experience you got in Modern Warfare 2.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is basically MW2 with new maps. If you were tell me this was a DLC for $10 I would not know the difference. But, instead it is billed as a new game for $60 which is way overpriced. I do like the series and would have given it higher score except for the never ending supply of hackers/aimboters that have already pooped up in game. Unfortunately Infinity Ward has never beenThis game is basically MW2 with new maps. If you were tell me this was a DLC for $10 I would not know the difference. But, instead it is billed as a new game for $60 which is way overpriced. I do like the series and would have given it higher score except for the never ending supply of hackers/aimboters that have already pooped up in game. Unfortunately Infinity Ward has never been willing to address the hacker situation, and I doubt they ever will, so if you intend to play this multi-player on PC rethink the decision to purchase it. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    For the full Written review please refer to the modern warfare 2 review :P ,,,

Online : Sucks ..... Really Sucks

,,graphics : I won't rate that LOL

,,Story : Awesome! ( thats why I gave It one of ten :D :D
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, you are wasting your time and precious money with this unoriginal, content-devoid "sequel".
    Most people who this game is targeted towards already have the previous installments of the Call of Duty franchise. My suggestion to those poor souls would be to keep their games, they are not missing anything.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    To start this is exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. I personally played the two a bit, but I didn't know this had came out, and came in to see my friend playing it. He hadn't played Cod for a while, so I asked "Hey, why are you playing COD?" He then went on to explain this is the "NEW!" one and how great it is. If I can't even tell the difference between one game and the otherTo start this is exactly like Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. I personally played the two a bit, but I didn't know this had came out, and came in to see my friend playing it. He hadn't played Cod for a while, so I asked "Hey, why are you playing COD?" He then went on to explain this is the "NEW!" one and how great it is. If I can't even tell the difference between one game and the other then is it a new game? Well technically yes, but really it's no. They might have well made a universal Call of Duty game that they can simply profit from map packs that they can hype all they want. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    i was a big fan of the call of duty series since i was a boy since there was always something suprising every time is came out and was a lot of fun, how ever i was very dissapointed in the modern warfare 3 as it pretty much copy and pasted the previous contents such as cinamatics, plots and twists.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    After playing MW3 for a bit, i realized it's just a $60 map pack for the last game. not happy not happy at all! I suppose I shouldn't have expected much coming from someone who "didn't balance for lean" but really not to happy throwing money away. Also full well knowing they will probably release another 10 + map packs at $15 .
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    A very complete game. So much fun and action, and the Spec Ops mode is so amazing. I hope Modern Warfare never dies, and I cannot wait for another title of this saga.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    I have played all the COD games, my favorites being Call of Duty, Call of Duty MW1, and black ops.I have also played everything from unreal tournament, quake, RTCW Enemy territory and everything in between. I have to say that Call of Duty MW 3 is the biggest hyped piece of crap shooter I think ive ever played. It feels like everything is too fast, everyone is on crack, the guns dont evenI have played all the COD games, my favorites being Call of Duty, Call of Duty MW1, and black ops.I have also played everything from unreal tournament, quake, RTCW Enemy territory and everything in between. I have to say that Call of Duty MW 3 is the biggest hyped piece of crap shooter I think ive ever played. It feels like everything is too fast, everyone is on crack, the guns dont even sound right. The mechanics feel all wrong! I felt like a was playing street fighterr, in a John Woo movie, dropped in little cramped , terrible maps. I WANTED this to be a good game, I really did. I spent 60 dollars... and now I cant return it - what a joke. Dont think I will trust this line of games again , ever. Dont waste your time or money. And to top it alllllllll offf, no dolphin dive? fail, epic fail! Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    what can i say that hasn't already been said? Well i can admit i don't own the game, but thats because i PLAYED IT on a friend's computer and was completely blown away by how right i was. I didn't expect much, but i was hoping for at least a little innovation....which of course, there is none. Black ops was not for me for several reasons but it atleast brought a little to the series,what can i say that hasn't already been said? Well i can admit i don't own the game, but thats because i PLAYED IT on a friend's computer and was completely blown away by how right i was. I didn't expect much, but i was hoping for at least a little innovation....which of course, there is none. Black ops was not for me for several reasons but it atleast brought a little to the series, however this pile of garbage should be abolished. Activision should be ashamed of themselves, this is a slap in the face for any serious developer. BF3 is not quite as good as i hoped, but its fun as hell....very hard, but very fun and they made several significant changes to keep the game fresh and interesting. COD has done nothing but use the same crap year after year, i was hoping for a graphics overhaul at a minimum to compete with BF3. I was let down yet again.......... playing this first was the best thing i could have done, i already bought MW1 and i don't need another copy cramping my hard drive, especially not for $60. I wouldn't pay $20 for this piece of crap, leave it for the 13 year olds with hard-ons and move on to another game. BF3 has several flaws, but they are easy fixed with patches, for free. COD won't do anything but add extra bathroom-sized map packs for $20 and call it an improvement. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    They might as well start putting the year next to the COD series similar to Madden, it's just astonishing to me that it comes out 4 years later and it's basically MW2.1. I guess all they have over there are map creators because people keep sending them cash for more maps. For those of you who don't realize you're being taken advantage of please wake up, this kinda crap is detrimentalThey might as well start putting the year next to the COD series similar to Madden, it's just astonishing to me that it comes out 4 years later and it's basically MW2.1. I guess all they have over there are map creators because people keep sending them cash for more maps. For those of you who don't realize you're being taken advantage of please wake up, this kinda crap is detrimental to the industry. I hope everyone is seeing the negative effects the console introduces on real gaming Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Come on Activision, are you the new EA Sports? This game innovates so little you would think it was a yearly Madden update. This mostly could have been a map pack update for Black Ops. Get your stuff together! Take a year off maybe and make a better game, not something that could have been an expansion pack.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Its the same thing over an over again with recycled material. Honestly i dont mind playing COD but the amount map packs cost + "elite service" which should be f'in free, is insulting.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is the same int pc and consoles, and dont optimice and get advantege of this plataform. Poor graphics, poor sound, the same gameplay, the same engine, its more and expansion of call of duty modern warfare 1.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Not even on the same level as Black Ops. A complete disappointment. Looks like I'll be sticking with Black Ops and BF3 for another year. I feel deceived.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    im suprised activision hasnt upgraded there graphics or engine its the same ol mw1-2 gameplay hacks gallore im sorry to say it but battlefield 3 is crushing this old engine even bc2 is beating this old engine, come on activision atleast use the black ops engine
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    PROs
    * Single player good as always
    * Game is stable with launch, have not had any crashes * Liking the new pointstreaks, guns and items * Multiplayer maps and game modes are very nice CONs * P2P system still sucks and should never be used for PC gaming, give Ranked Dedicated servers and it will be added to the PROs list. * Game is too similar to MW2, even the errors are still referring
    PROs
    * Single player good as always
    * Game is stable with launch, have not had any crashes
    * Liking the new pointstreaks, guns and items
    * Multiplayer maps and game modes are very nice

CONs
    * Game is too similar to MW2, even the errors are still referring to MW2, which brings me to
    * Selling Price is to high for a game this similar to MW2
    * Outdated Graphics Engine
    * COD Elite not working, with launch.

Suggestions to improve ratings:

* Give Ranked Dedicated servers
    * Release high texture pack perhaps to improve graphic quality
    * Fix your COD Elite

This game surely has potential, if only IW listened to the public the score would have been a better. In my books if Ranked Dedicated servers were given and a bit better graphics and additional settings like FOV, i would have rated this game between 8 to 9, however unfortunately this is not the case.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is terrible, it just comes to show how stupid people are today, simply buying the same badly made game over and over again for 60 bucks each year not including the 15 bucks a piece while games like killzone have their map packs for 2 dollars a piece with more and better maps.
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    I loved COD4MW and MW2, hated black ops and thats why I had big hopes for MW3. Lot of hype and big expectations for MW3... finally when I had the games in my hand I was confused, I thought that I had inserted MW2 cd instead of MW3 but... no it was MW3 that at the end was just a 60 bucks MW2 DLC... really disappointed *sigh*
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Many people said is the same MW2 game. they was wrong, MW2 was a very good game but MW3 is just crap,it is the worst multiplayer game ever, Maps are small, boring and all of them look similar. and the match making system oh yes good for meet people form other continent. Good work guys......
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    i waited out side all night for this game, pre purchased too of course and needless to say..
    this game is EPIC!!!
    definitely worth the money and wait
    the new unlocks and guns are awesome, good graphics and game play
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Like Modern Warfare 2 and Black OPS Modern Warfare3 is a cash w***re NOTHING else. I wonder what happend with this generation? Modern Warfare 3 has only flaws - 5 hour single campaign, much worse Multiplayer (Battlefield 3 ROXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX), and last but not least graphics looks like S**IT

Single player story = absolutelllly stuupid garbage for 13 years old with 60 IQ. Modern Cash Who*e 3

ooh and yes this game runs well even on my netbook.... shame shame shame!
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    I registered on Metacritic just so I could write this review. I'm an adult gamer and not a fanboy of any franchise. First off, if you are looking to buy this game, use the professional review score and not the reviewer average as it is more accurate. This really is a great game. So far I've been blown away by the campaign which is far better than Battlefield 3. In terms ofI registered on Metacritic just so I could write this review. I'm an adult gamer and not a fanboy of any franchise. First off, if you are looking to buy this game, use the professional review score and not the reviewer average as it is more accurate. This really is a great game. So far I've been blown away by the campaign which is far better than Battlefield 3. In terms of multiplayer, I can't really judge it yet but it feels like more of the same, but that isn't really a bad thing. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    Nice Single Player so far but too short. The rest is the same as every year. I sold it and play Modern Warfare 2009 instead. But it doesn't matter what all the people are writing here, as long as everyone buy this Map-Pack for 60â
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    mi piace troppo questo gioco. campagna fantastica, multiplayer da paura e tutto rinnovato e le nuove modalità spec ops e survival sono divertentissime. Non capisco perchè abbiano dato un voto così basso ad un gioco così stupendo.
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is for me total fail absolutly fail.... Black ops is much better lol... MP maps = **** Graphic= same mw 2, IWnet or lobby or what is this= ultra fail, FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    Mindless, rehashed garbage. This game is an insult to the intelligence of the consumer. Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice shame on you. Enough is enough, from now on we have only ourselves to blame for continuing to load the pockets of the corporate swines that are KILLING the gaming industry with recycled tripe.
  43. Nov 16, 2012
    Hacked and broken to death, every match i join there is someone just teleporting outside of the map and aimbotting from there. And don't forget the awefull graphics, anno 2012 it just hurts my eyes, get black ops 1 or 2 instead of this crappy peer 2 peer console port.. .... ... Note that this isn't a low score because i don't like Call of duty, i just don't like MW3
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    You take cover behind a crate or a wall and shoot the first wave... then the second wave... and you can continue to do this until you run out of ammo as the enemies will keep on spawning forever unless you move a crate forward. Then they move a crate back. (wow... what a challenge!) The AI is horrendeous! Enemies will take "cover" 2 metres in front of you, in plain sight just waiting to beYou take cover behind a crate or a wall and shoot the first wave... then the second wave... and you can continue to do this until you run out of ammo as the enemies will keep on spawning forever unless you move a crate forward. Then they move a crate back. (wow... what a challenge!) The AI is horrendeous! Enemies will take "cover" 2 metres in front of you, in plain sight just waiting to be shot. If you crouch, suddenly enemies can't aim anymore always shooting over your head. I didn't manage to die even once in the first hour of gameplay (then I just gave up on it).

The environments are painted pretty but there are close to zero physics effects. Except from bullets painting decals there's no way to damage anything (not that I noticed). Even slamming a guided missile ontop of a building leaves the roof intact. "Modern" Warfare my ass...

Your squad mate's aiming is horrendeous... you can literally stare at the same machine gunner for minutes at a time and he won't even get a scrach "subtely" inviting you to take the shot. If however you move to "the next crate" their aim suddenly improves and the guy is taken out in seconds. And I remember reading on IGN that the "scripting" had gotten better in MW3... where?!?

I don't think it's fair to rate this game 0 because it has some merits... about the same merits as playing a shooter on rails on Android... but it's not THAT bad to deserve 0 points. This is a shameful attempt at a game... from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't even stand up to a 1994 Shooter. The Gfx are ok-ish, some nice lighting but particle effects are complete crap. The sound is also poor, the gun in your hand doesn't feel real, neither as recoil neither as sound. The bullet whizzing by your head effect has no connection to what actually goes on on screen, it's just like a "static warfare soundtrack".

I'm not amazed that a **** game like this gets made in 2011, i'm amazed at the scores it gets from "gaming sites" (81 aggregate score ??? cmmoon) and amazed at how little gamers respect themselves theese days, being willing to spend money on this kind of crap. Do yourself a favor and pirate the game... then if you truly think it's a good game, buy it!
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the same game I played way back when I tried my first Modern Warefare game, back then it was pretty cool but to re re-lease the same game this many times is leaving me with a sour taste. It's not that the game sucks or there's a million problems with it because it is musky fun and somewhat polished. It's just how to put it, like the NHL series of games. Each year they have a newThis is the same game I played way back when I tried my first Modern Warefare game, back then it was pretty cool but to re re-lease the same game this many times is leaving me with a sour taste. It's not that the game sucks or there's a million problems with it because it is musky fun and somewhat polished. It's just how to put it, like the NHL series of games. Each year they have a new one, not much new in it really though. To me that's what it seems like they are doing with this game, playing it safe. A little to safe though, and sorry to the developers but I can't rate Modern warfare 5 times over again, if you want a score higher than 0 then make a new interesting game. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision are the best ecologists ever. Recycling year after year a million dollar game.

Even if the story is interesting, all other stuff is boring. Hope they will wake up and change they mind about the franchise.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Just another stale, tired release in the outdated franchise. Re-releasing the same product every year for profits is a slap in the face to consumers and developers. Do yourself a favor, save the cash and buy something more innovative that isn't being pawned off each year for profits.
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    This is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 isThis is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 is not perfect but 3.1 out of ten is bull***t. First off I would like to state that I am not a COD Fan Boy and not a little kid, I'm a hardcore gamer that has been playing games since the early nineties. I play all manner of games on PC and PS3 and have also bought MW3's main competitor BF3. I have played about 30 hours on BF3's Multiplayer and have a 3.30 Kill/Death Ratio so am no noob when it comes to FPS. Even so I was disappointed with the overall products of both Battlefied 3 (which got boring faster than expected) and MW3. In the end I scored MW3 8 out of 10. It is very similar to MW2 but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Singleplayer was OK, similar to the last two Modern Warfare's (overall uneventfull and boring with only some good bits) Spec Ops Missions are fun and exciting, especially if you have a friend to play them with and Spec Ops New Survival Mode is great addictive fun and a good addition to the series, I would say, and this is just my opinion that this is better than Zombies (playing with a mic is essential). Than you have Multiplayer which love it or hate it is pretty much the same as MW2 but with Strike Pakages, different killstreaks and different variations on old perks, some new guns and some new maps and game modes. Noob tubing, Nuke Killstreak and One Man Army Perk are gone but Quikscoping and Drop Shoting are still the order of the day. Also Spawn Deaths, Hit Detaction and Lag Issues can become a bit annoying. But with a half Decent Connection, a bit of skill and a touch of class you should be able to overcome these shotcomings to have one of the sweetest FPS Online Gaming experiences you can have at this time. I won't lie somtimes the multiplayer can have you screaming at the TV about the injustice of the last 5 Cheap deaths that made no sense whatsoever. But with a bit of patience even without the Elite Functions you get to know the layout of the maps, the spawn points, choke points, best class layouts for specific situations and maps. You will receive better weapons and figure out which strike package work best for you, and then your experience will start getting better. And to everyone saying COD is unbalanced that's BS, because there is a strategy and counter for everything your adversaries can throw at you. So after everything is said and done what it really comes down to is skill (and who has more of it). Overall, taken all the features packed into this one game and the weeks and possibly months of enjoyment that can be had, it's impossible for me to see how this game can receive a score below an 8 let alone a 5. If your a fan of FPS or games in general this a great addition to your game collection. Definately not MW2 DLC, and for only $50 to $100 are you that poor/cheap to complain about purchasing a great game and depriving yourself of fun just because a bunch of pathetic PC BF3 Fanboy Sheep/Followers decided to flood this site with negative reviews. It's Up To You.â Expand
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    I liked Modern Warfare a lot, the whole Setting was New, the Campaign was really epic and the whole Game was really Fun, but after the bad 2. Part now comes Part 3 and what can i say about it?

Well in my kind its probably the worst Copy & Paste Game in Video game History. I don't know why most of the Magazines giving it such a High Score, maybe they had fear not to give it a high Score or maybe they're bought because the Game really sucks and it seems to be that you already saw 90% of the game already in MW 1 & 2.

Its not even some effects cause its still the same Crappy Engine, its the whole Game, Buildings, Cars even Crashing Information are the same as in MW 1 & 2. Its really a shame because the Action is really Good, like some kind of a Michael Bay Movie but the rest is really only a Big Piece of Crap.

Well next time i wont pay for this **** again 50 Bucks because its just big F****** rip-off.

Or well more like a Huge 50 Bucks Map-pack

Next time, better Engine, better Setting and stop recycling every ****
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    After getting the game for free, I was very eager to try out this new MW COD. After BF3's surprise showdown, I thought MW3 will rock this one aswell, infact I knew that MW3 will definitely lose to BF3 but i never expected that it would be this bad.

Remember counter strike, the FPS game we used to play before was better than this trash. I feel sad for those who bought it for 60 dollars. Maybe they enjoyed it, maybe it was worth for them but as a gamer - Modern Warfare 3 is the worst of them all. I score this 0 because they're abusing the trust that their fans give to them. I hope the CoD fans will learn from this. I will keep playing Black Ops and Battlefield 3 for my FPS, and better yet play Counter Strike.
  51. Nov 11, 2011
    I pre-ordered both BF3 and MW3...
    And, i can not see differences between MW2 & MW3...
    THIS IS THE SAME **** GAME.
    The only new feature is the system to get screwed in the long term with cod elite...
  52. T26
    Nov 11, 2011
    For someone who is familiar with the Modern Warfare storyline, this game is a complete masterpiece. The singleplayer campaign is filled with drama as well as innovation and really reminds players why Call of Duty became famous in the first place - because of the story. A story that no movie or other form of fiction can represent in such an epic way. Spec ops can be described as pure fun,For someone who is familiar with the Modern Warfare storyline, this game is a complete masterpiece. The singleplayer campaign is filled with drama as well as innovation and really reminds players why Call of Duty became famous in the first place - because of the story. A story that no movie or other form of fiction can represent in such an epic way. Spec ops can be described as pure fun, especially when playing with a friend, and the multiplayer side of things isn't much different. All features of this video gaming masterpiece can be described as innovative, fun, filled with emotion, and just plain beautiful. MW3 reminds us why COD is on top of the world right now, and it would be a true shame if we don't see Price and the familiar cast anymore. IW, GIVE US MORE MODERN WARFARES (with Price)! Expand
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Another fail pc launch, horrible console graphics lends this to be just another map pack. Move on nothing new to see here. Go play black ops or mv2. OR go play a real game that works well on the pc, battlefield 3
  54. Nov 11, 2011
    This has to be the biggest joke since ever. MW3 is exactly a map pack for MW2. Same graphics, same controls, very few interesting additions. And to top that, the price is huge (50euros, seriously?). A fair price for this would've been 15euros if not less. It isn't even a DLC or an expansion for MW2. At least BF3 came out with a new graphics engine, new maps and a lot of improvements. IThis has to be the biggest joke since ever. MW3 is exactly a map pack for MW2. Same graphics, same controls, very few interesting additions. And to top that, the price is huge (50euros, seriously?). A fair price for this would've been 15euros if not less. It isn't even a DLC or an expansion for MW2. At least BF3 came out with a new graphics engine, new maps and a lot of improvements. I like how they ask users for high ratings on Metacritic, it's just wrong. Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    I thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the theI thought Modern Warfare 3 will be different, that the developers will give us some new features and some new gameplay but no. They gave us the same game for another 60$. Same graphics, same engine, same gameplay, same animation. well, I don't see any reason to but this game. Even the multiplayer is the same in MW2. And also the single player is has the same routine - You go the the mission zone - shooting bad guys - 30 seconds of adrenaline scene - mission over. Expand
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    not a good game horrible do not buy just get a different game instead seriously not worth your money if i was you stick with cod 4 or mw2 not a positive start for activisions
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    It doesn't take the most powerful game producer in the world to repackage the same old game, all it takes is the will of blind console gamers. It is a marvel that this game generated 1.1 billion, or rather is expected to. The very same lines remain in objective based game modes, those from Black ops, however now a new voice is pronouncing them. It is a disgrace to modern day gaming. WhatIt doesn't take the most powerful game producer in the world to repackage the same old game, all it takes is the will of blind console gamers. It is a marvel that this game generated 1.1 billion, or rather is expected to. The very same lines remain in objective based game modes, those from Black ops, however now a new voice is pronouncing them. It is a disgrace to modern day gaming. What was once a great COD game, has tnow turned to a cow being milked by the greed of Activison, but helped in their cause by idiots who buy repackaged games. I felt like it was MW2 again, which in itself was overshadowed by MW. PLEASE di not feed greed. Managers and directors are laughing at how easy it is to sell old games to consumers. Do not become part of the laughing stock. Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    How much did Infinty Ward and Sledgehammer pay these review sites to get such high ratings, if ANY other game released a SHORTER carbon copy of the original 2 years later they would get SLATED???
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    its destroy BF3
    all battelfiled 3 do is:
    copy ModernWarfare ideas
    new Graphic and
    a game full of bug
    MW3 destroy battlfield 3 and all of EA lies :))
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    This piece of crap is MW2 all over again. I should have saved my money and stayed playing BF3. I got it for all the hype involved and I wont buy another MW installment never again.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    What is this big **** MW3? Copy / paste the Mw2 and after Glen Schofiled dares ask the community to be honest? Shut up and takes the crap you made â
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't understand why people put 0 this is so stupid. Call MW 3 is a call of duty thats what I wanted. For those who put 0, they are haters or BF3 fanboys. This a great game, great solo and great multiplayer
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the worst of years. Its just an updating of Call of Duty 4. The multiplayer is full of kids and all of them's using noobs techniques, and the solo campagn is the shortess mod I never seen in my life.
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    No matter what is said. Was, is and always will be entertaining, heart pumping mad fun. All games no exception have there strong and weak points. What really matters is how much fun you are having.
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Ce jeu est une merde c'est un copier coller de modern warfare 1 mais a 70 euros grosse merde du deja vu 600000000fois le solo est ennuyant a mourir les script on les connait tous il était deja présent dans mw1 le jeu est moche c'est de l'arnaque !!!!!!!!!!
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    I've been a loyal fan of Call of Duty for more than 10 years. I've played every game in the series and must simply conclude the following about MW3: The biggest disappointment ever in terms of Call of Duty! I enjoyed the singleplayer somewhat (hence I score the game a 2, not a 1), but the multiplayer is simply devastatingly poor on PC. Graphics look at least 5 - 6 years old. Servers areI've been a loyal fan of Call of Duty for more than 10 years. I've played every game in the series and must simply conclude the following about MW3: The biggest disappointment ever in terms of Call of Duty! I enjoyed the singleplayer somewhat (hence I score the game a 2, not a 1), but the multiplayer is simply devastatingly poor on PC. Graphics look at least 5 - 6 years old. Servers are sluggish. Scaled down Elite feature on PC. The multiplayer plays practically identically to MW2 and BlackOps. Why fix something that is not broken you say? Well, somehow I expected more. Much more. Buy Battlefield 3. Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    Que de deception ! aucun renouveau si ce n'est quelques carte en plus ! de la poudre au yeux ! on à l'impression que les developpeur se sont endormis sur un succes qui est perte de qualité ! payer autant pour cela c'est prendre le joueur pour une vache a lait ! c simple MW c fini pour moi !
  68. Nov 13, 2011
    COD MW3 it´s not a bad game, but only if you don´t have MW2 or black ops, for the type of game it´s overpriced, maybe 40 dollars will be a more realistic price for this game.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    come on ... when I got the game I thought that the seller cheated me because the game was identical to the one game I had played only two years ago inta a word JOKE
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    VERY disappointing. I'm a 36yo LONG STANDING COD fan (I like BF but always preferred COD and player COD 90% of the time with many friends in a clan (the majority of our clan is disappointed). There is practically nothing new here worth any $ at all. A few new killstreaks (and killstreak chains), different weapons and unlock system. new maps, Insignificant NON RANKED ONLY dedicated servers,VERY disappointing. I'm a 36yo LONG STANDING COD fan (I like BF but always preferred COD and player COD 90% of the time with many friends in a clan (the majority of our clan is disappointed). There is practically nothing new here worth any $ at all. A few new killstreaks (and killstreak chains), different weapons and unlock system. new maps, Insignificant NON RANKED ONLY dedicated servers, generaly played with the MW2 matchmaking system, Still no way to VOTE KICK jerks or hackers... I've seen more new stuff in a map pack... I'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED... Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    Infinity Ward has once again proven/ that they know better than anyone, how to create great action. The magnificent singleplayer, interesting co-op, revised multiplayer. Only one negative - the old engine
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    Why drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It isWhy drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It is also sad that they are going to charge you an extra charge for their Elite service when the rankings are already skewed due to aimbots. If I am going to spend $60 on this game I want support that will fix these issues and punish those that it finds cheating. They really dropped the ball on this franchise with this rushed, buggy, hacked piece of junk. Expand
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    This review is for you Sledgehammer. You ask to people to give a good mark, but Modern Warfare 3 is a poor game ! You should use your talent for another that Activision ;)
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    Any follow on game will have devoted followers who may be disappointed with the new game. Developers change displays and controls for a 'fresh look', etc... However when controls are changed due to the predominance of a certain platform, there is a problem. The changed control(s) that I am speaking about is the ability to 'lean' around the corners and shoot. I am not a RNG guy; I playAny follow on game will have devoted followers who may be disappointed with the new game. Developers change displays and controls for a 'fresh look', etc... However when controls are changed due to the predominance of a certain platform, there is a problem. The changed control(s) that I am speaking about is the ability to 'lean' around the corners and shoot. I am not a RNG guy; I play tactically. Now in this new version, I am forced to expose my body to get a shot off. There are very few hidey holes, you can't blend in with the bushes as would benefit snipers and defenders. Heck - you can't even jump up on top of many of the boxes and desks in a room to get a better angle shot. ACTIVISION - If you are going to build a game that is supposed to mimic wartime, then make a game that mimics wartime and doesn't exclusively cater to the RNG'rs and console players. You want my hard earned money? EARN IT!!! Call of Duty Black Ops was a much better effort than this. I AM DISAPPOINTED AND FEEL AS IF I WASTED MY MONEY. Expand
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is Black OIps all over again. Campaign on rails, enemies that cannot hit you, and a map design that seems to favor people being shot in the back.

MW3 is basically a 60$ map pack for BLOPS - only with really garbage killstreaks like the armor. BUYER BEWARE
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    Decent game, lots of fun with friends. Graphics need work though. But still a fun game in its own right. To each his own. Nothing wrong with a linear campaign as long as it gets the story out
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    Very, very disappointing. Barely any work put into this game at all. Spawn next to an enemy happens far too frequently and I seem to lose connection a whole lot. The game engine has barely improved since CoD4. They seem to sit back, do as little work possible and just rake in the money because it carries the Call of Duty name. That won't last much longer. PC gamers get rubbish once again.
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    OMG, I bought this game and its the same **** as modern warfare 2 ? WHY DO THEY SCAM US FOR 60 DOLLAR. This has could been a expansion set for 20 dollar. THIS IS IT. Call of Duty is dead. The graphics are 4 year old, even the guns sounds the same! shame on you activision and IW.

The only thing there good at is taking money from unknowing kids that play the game. I am realy happy i still

I am realy happy i still have Battlefield 3. With 2011 Graphics and Realistic sounds that give u so much realism. Its like someone is standing next to you shooting a real gun. Now that gives me goosebumps !.

GO TO HELL MONEY WASTED 3
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    No one can truly deny that Activision and it's tirade of developers need to learn something from the competitors who have pushed the envelope and strived for innovation. As long as the Call of Duty franchise is under Activision control, it will be run into the ground. Track record: Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, now Call of Duty. Understand the trend.

In comparison, if you like mindless "fast

In comparison, if you like mindless "fast food" type entertainment, this game is for you. If you want quality "fine dining" experience seek elsewhere, this is not the place.

Enjoy a regurgitation of the previous single player experience, but don't expect much else...

Just a side note: It's not suspiciously low, Glen. Truth is, you need to develop a better product. (please)
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield has taken to Twitter to ask Call of Duty fans to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Metacritic. "I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't even have to play this to tell it's bad. Just looking at gameplay, it's the same crap over and over. This would not be so bad if Call of Duty was a original game but to bad it's not. Still the same stereotypical shooter it has been since the series started. A complete and total yawn fest.
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    Same as before and completely addicting. Too many cry babies looking for a complete change. Lets be honest, you knew what you were buying. Are there new maps? Yes. Are there new weapons? Yes. Could it have been an expansion to MW2? sure. But, they are in this to make money.
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    I dont have BF3. I've play all MWs and BOps.. I hoenstly dont get why the rating is so damn low for this game..
    the maps are very well designed, forcing fast pace gaming and gives very little camp opportunity.. there are long and short LOS in each map allowing you to play the way you want.. Perks and such have to made so that you can truly play the way you are comfortable with..
    game modes
    game modes are innovative and fun..
    Game has been balanced.. Frags are weakened so it's no longer a frag fest, killstreaks are still fun to use and just as challenging to get but not too imba that you lose instantly.. some weapons might stand out but hey.. everyone has access to them.. so whatchucryingboutkid?
    InfinityWard have provided everything we want in the game and it's FUN! I dont give a **** about that awesome graphics or wtv! If the graphics are too good I can't run it on my comp good and that'll get me pissed off at the game and give me a headache while playing it (i use an AWm17x) why do you want them to put such high graphics just so you will tune everything to the lowest setting?

Whatever it is.. Im enjoying myself playing this game.. Im convinced it's the BEST COD yet! I think if you dont buy it, you'll miss out on smth big.
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    Just the same like Modern Warfare 2, the same engine from 2006, the same kind of story, same weapons but only re skinned, to small maps for multiplayer, spawnkills, DLC's for 15 bucks each, same Iwnet problems, System port problems, just a console port, they exclude some features because they think the pc is insecure (True but lame to notice 1 day before launch), same exploits as in mw2,Just the same like Modern Warfare 2, the same engine from 2006, the same kind of story, same weapons but only re skinned, to small maps for multiplayer, spawnkills, DLC's for 15 bucks each, same Iwnet problems, System port problems, just a console port, they exclude some features because they think the pc is insecure (True but lame to notice 1 day before launch), same exploits as in mw2, xp exploits as in mw2, same bugs.

I can do this all day long , but i think i my point.

Conclusion: MW3, another pit for people to trough money in..
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    This is basically MW2 with new maps and a new singleplayer, the singleplayer isnÃ
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    Was really expecting a bit more than just a patch of CoD4... which this was. Disappointing. Seems like just a cash cow for the devs, trying to earn money by spending the least amount of money and time developing it.
  86. Nov 11, 2011
    I used to play MW2 and BO, but they went MW2 all over again with MW3.
    Same lousy graphics.
    I simply don't understand how they can get away with such minor changes and a map pack.
  87. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is a letdown, its basically MW2.1!!!!!!!!!! game has new maps/sounds and a few new weapons, That's all!!!

IS it really that hard to UPDATE THE GAME ENGINE, ITS YEARS OLD!!!!!
  88. Nov 11, 2011
    O melhor fps que ja joguei até hoje, história envolvente e um multiplayer fantástico.
    nota 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    Here is my new review of MW3. It is about the same thing as the other call of duties at first glance. Graphics and and audio are all the same with the core of the game centered around running and gunning. But only until i play quite a bit of the game did I realize why I used to love the others so much...it gets addicting and is overall fun.
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    Why you should buy a game that does exactly the same as the previous ones? DUH! u will buy it because it's NEW! go buy it and if u don't find it exactly the same as the previous ones then don't believe the other 2000 people not recommending the game. Activision is trying to rip your money, not only with CoD but also with other (Blizzard) games.
  91. Nov 11, 2011
    The Campain looks cool. The online is horrendous. Its the same story. No matter where you spawn , someone is behind you waiting. You shoot someone 5 times at point blank, the hits don't register. They kill you with one shot. The kill cam is joke. I was playing onine PC version and someone calling theirself Suited Penguin would litterally dissappear and then reappear between buildings.The Campain looks cool. The online is horrendous. Its the same story. No matter where you spawn , someone is behind you waiting. You shoot someone 5 times at point blank, the hits don't register. They kill you with one shot. The kill cam is joke. I was playing onine PC version and someone calling theirself Suited Penguin would litterally dissappear and then reappear between buildings. People are already lag switching and boosting each other. It kills the experience for honest players. I feel like I got ripped off for my 60 dollars and I cant return the game.

There are no ranked servers. A level one player will be tossed into match with people who are level 68.
    The latency is bad as well. Battlefield 3 PC version I often find games with less than 30 ms latency. Modern warfare 3 lowest settings usually start off at 50 ms and just go up from there.

I visit the game's website. they state to report cheaters, yet leave no clear instructions on how to do so.
    With all these things wrong. I feel as though they should offer people option to buy just the campaign mode (the working part of the game) at a reduced price, or offer a money back guarantee for incomplete game.

For now I will stick to "the Battlefield".
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really hoped this game would be top-notch. Instead for PC, you get: no customizable FOV or advanced graphical settings, really buggy campaign, and NO RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS. This game is a complete waste of $60. Some minor tweeks, a little upgrade on graphics (MW3 has absolutely no difference from MW2) and even more bugs & glitches. If you want a complete, long-lasting, more fun FPS, go for the Battlefield franchise, Red Orchestra, Counter-Strike, or ARMA. Call of Duty is a complete disgrace for the FPS market (aside from WaW, MW1, and CoD2). Expand
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! Just as fun as previous installments in the Call of Duty Series - key word "FUN" Addictive multiplayer is the best and am loving the new modes and features. Spec Ops is back and Survival mode with a friend is Fun as hell!
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    Every review that gives above 0 to this game is an insult to every other game in history. This despicable garbage is the worst game i've ever played. Graphics are outdated severely, the plot is clichÃ
  95. Nov 11, 2011
    The sentence of ACTIVISION:

"Normally I do not do that, but if you like MW3 go to Metacritic.com and support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. His note is suspiciously low. Be honest, but help us if you agree."

MW2.1 is a joke!
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    Every Call of Duty since CoD4 has tried so hard to out-do its predecessor to the point where its made me look upon some of the greatest FPS games ever made, and think they are obselete. It has made me look at games in new ways, and think, "what is this game doing new, and if its not doing anything new, why play it?"

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like Counter Strike, CoD 4, and Halo 3, and now I dont even want to think about them.
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    Old game, old engine , outdated graphics, outdated sound, **** GAME, only stupid kids bye this game, wake up people save your money for something good
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bf3 is a so nice but mw3 is look like mw1 and 2 and i dont want to play those game again in mp bf3 is awsome but mw3 is not good but split screen is good Expand
  99. Nov 11, 2011
    Really, really.
    I this costed 9 bucks I would probably regret buying. Its exactly like mw2 with (in PC) weird graphics (sounds like up-scalling), all mechanics old the sound is terrible. Seriously THE SOUND IS A JOKE, looks like my nintendo 64. The weapons have almost the same sound as the other games, scenarios doesnt change the sound alllll repetition.
    Plant c4 -> slowmotion seconds to
    Really, really.

Plant c4 -> slowmotion seconds to shoot > save the president > save the world.

This game is SOOOOO OUTDATED, looks exatly like mw1 with new maps. If it crashes in the computer, it says "Modern Warfare 2 crashed", they used the WHOLE SAME THING WITH NO CHANGE AT ALLLL.

59 bucks SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY DUDES?
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes, this has slick voice acting and likeable characters, but in terms of gameplay, it's the same games I've bought twice before.

Maybe MW2 and MW3 should have been campaign expansion/map packs for MW1, at a percentage of the cost?!

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012