2.4

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game. I can say that because I actually played it. I like the new point/killstreak system. It really benefits the objective based game type player.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Doesn't have the graphics of BF3, but it has everything else: polished gameplay, enjoyable weapon balance, gun on gun emphasis, the adrenaline rush, and STEAM INTEGRATION. bf3 multiplayer runs in a BROWSER WINDOW, you think we like that? NO! MW3 wins this round, sorry fan-boy army.
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha..............i can't stop laughing......user rating is 1.4....ha ha ha.........ALL the ****ing bf3 fans(506) are trying to make the game nonsense.......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........These guys are really bf3 fans(original???or i doubt that EA has gave them bucks to fight against MW3....).I am sure at least 1 guy of these horrible 506 has already purchased MW3 and playing....but they gave the game a rating of 1.4 just because of jealous('cause mw3 is going to break all the record).Remember bf3(BIG ****ED 3) fans....mw series is the best shooter of all time......... Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    this game is really good and i am good at this game and the campaign is really good and i love the guns but the AK 47 it is really not that good.i would love to have them to make a mw4 and all my friends play this game and idk y everybody is calling this game so bad like are u bad?
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    Call of Duty is a franchise that gamers love to hate. Regardless, even though I am NOT a Call of Duty fan, developer Sledgehammer Games has created a worthy game for a franchise that annoys me entirely. Even though Activision may be money hungry, the studio who created this game deserves way better respect than this.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    The campaign for this game is truly the same old story, but that doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play. The war zones are amazing and there are a whole bunch of WTF moments with incredible explosions. But the real reason I picked this game up was for multiplayer, spec ops and survival and I 100% assure you they are well worth your money even if you don't play the story at all you will still get 50 hours at least out of this game Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    @GlenSchofield asked his followers to come here and give a proper review to this game so here goes.

Modern Warfare 3 is what I consider to be the Fifa of shooters, however, despite this being a disgusting cut and paste of Modern Warfare 2 they have neglected to fix the problems that everyone brought up during the previous games.

This game is a blatant cash grab, the single player lasted
    around three hours, of that about half were cut scenes trying to get the person to really feel some kind of emotion but just seemed to create nothing but cheesy scenes that make the consumer laugh. They pulled off a 'shock campaign' in MW2 and they attempted to do it again, I'm sorry activision, controversy only gets you so far when you're putting out a reused game.

The most depressing part about this game however is the fact it sold well, it sold ridiculously well which when it comes down to it, is all that matters.

Activision will learn nothing from this, will neglect to read the reviews, and next year put out the exact same product with a different name next year to rake in the money.
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    First off, those of you giving the game a zero are pathetic. This is my first experience with a COD game and I've enjoyed my expeirience so far. The action is quick and fun and the graphics are really great. I'm not going to say this is the best game that I've ever played but I definitely think it's amoung the best FPS that I've ever played. I don't take a lot of stake in User Reviews on here but I feel like if someone is going to review this game... be fair... be honest. Even if you think this game doesn't add much new... does that warrant a "zero" because obviously you liked MW2 enough to buy this sequel, right? I suspect that mots of these people are Battlefield fan boys who are trying to destroy the positive energy this game is providing. Shame on you. Expand
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    Another home run from Activision. The single player missions are fun and challenging enough for what's to come in the even more fun Co-Op and famous Multiplayer action. All the guns are really good unlike in the previous versions or other games out. There isn't the go-to build in this game, it seems to be very diverse to everyone's play style. The new Kill Confirm game type is a real good idea, whoever thought of that should get a raise. Kill Confirm is basically team deathmatch but with a catch. After you kill someone, you have to collect their dog tags for the kill to actually count towards the team. You can also deny the other teams kills by picking up friendly dog tags. The game looks great, runs super smooth at all times even though it appears to use an older engine. Activision doesn't fix what isn't broken, it uses the same extremely successful model and builds a bit on it to make the best game in the series yet. Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    This game offers everything cod gamers wanted, it runs smoove the campaign was awsome, the spec ops is so fun. the mp is balanced and fast paced, im enjoying this game its great.
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    awesome game i ever played .no battlefield 3,4,5,even 6 will comapred with game .single player story is awesome i love call of duty series.love u activision thanksssssssssssssssssssssssss. i give it 100 % no
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a shame that MW3 does not offer an option to change the Field of View. Apart from that, this game is another rock solid FPS in the Call of Duty franchise. Most of the maps are very well laid out and offer a good 'flow' when going around the map. The graphics aren't stunningly good, but definitely good enough. But graphics doesn't define a game, gameplay does. Thanks to IW and Sledgehammer for bringing us the best first person shooter to date!! Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    First off, I generally only play RPG or simulation games. However, I tried my hand at MW1 a couple years ago and fell in love with it (and the same can be said of WM2). I've never dabbed with the multiplayer, because that generally doesn't interest me - in any game. The single player part of MW3 though is superlative. As was the case with MW1 & 2, I was completely blown away by the production values of the game, the story, the insight into a world rarely talked about, the graphics, sound effects...well, as I said; the production on this series is phenomenal. There are those who speak of there being very little in the way of innovation, but this is sorely mistaken. From MW1 to MW3, it simply gets better with each new title and the fact that the standard of quality is so high is remarkable.

The reviews that are offering a '0' are clearly a bi-product of this trend on the internet that convinces people to be abhorrent, in the hope that they too might feel special and important. Go ahead and check out their other ratings. You'll see them rating Battlefield with a 10 and COD (on all 3 platforms) with a 0. It is inane. Irrational, and it is a pathetic attempt to feel entitled.

Modern Warfare 3 is a fantastic game. I know it. They know it. And when you play it, you'll know it too.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Durazell
    Nov 10, 2011
    This is te best of the series yet. Infinity Ward has delivered the Special Ops for co-op gameplay and this is one of the best additions to the series. The singple player is as always as roller coaster ride and multiplayer delivers an even more balanced experience. The map are great and the smaller thighter maps at launch will provide new players with an fyn
    experience. Veteran player no longer has the possibility to noob tube and spawn close to team mates are great. Overall this is a more balanced game than any other military shooter on the market with a technical finish others only can dream off. Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    It is stunning to see how much kids are being used as a marketing tool by game developers nowadays while having the idea that they are actually voicing their own opinion. When you have been gaming for a few decenia like I have this is a very troubling development to observe and I hope it is one that will end soon, however I am fearful the opposite might actually be true and this is just the beginning of an actual movement of marketeers influencing kids into thinking they have but one choice when it comes to a certain type of game. Every big release seems to be positioned opposite a different game of the same genre and even before they have been released a battle of words ensues on the internet as to whose game is better, more advanced or prettier and of course the ever present used-so-often-it-lost-all-its-meaning "fanboy" crops up in every other sentence. What you guys need to realize is that you are not fighting your own battle, you are actively involved in the marketing of a product and are willfully doing the job someone normally gets paid to do. You are not living in world where you need to chose between drinks, books, games, etc. You do not live in an either/or world. You can drink Coke AND Pepsi, you can wear Levis AND Dockers, you can eat Big Macs AND Whoppers, you can read Harry Potter AND War and Peace, watch The Shield AND The Wire, you can play Dark Souls AND Skyrim, CoD AND BF, etc. It is baffling to read 'reviews' on this site and at the same time be 100% certain the persons who wrote them did not play the game they're reviewing for 1 second but are actively repeating the same lines that have been said over and over again for hundreds of such 'reviews' in a row. The actual lines put into their mouths by the "other company" trying to outshine their competitors. I want metacritic to reflect the opinion of people playing a game and providing me with insight into their experience again, just as it used to be. What I do not want is to read hundreds of nerd-rage fuelled marketing stooges supporting one developer or another not being aware that their fueling of the fire is actualy equivelant to putting money in their pockets. Stop it, now! Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    amazing game....just registered to counter the ridiculous false score.....btw havent even played the game...lol....but it certainly does'nt deserve such low scores...I loved call of duty 2,mw,mw2...so this i know will be amazing as well..
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    I've only put in about 2.5 hours into the campaign, and multiplayer each, and maybe 30-45 minutes in spec ops, and I must say that I'm beyond impressed with each one. The campaign by itself is beautiful. Even if the engine is the same (which I feel like I remember hearing Robert Bowling saying it isn't the same engine, but I digress) it feels like it pushes the limitations of the engine to the max. This game runs at the same 91 FPS I got when playing MW2, but it looks so much better, so beautiful and different from MW2, and the sounds and animations, and story by itself feels immersive to me. There have been moments during the campaign where I've said "this feels familiar" but, every single time something new and awesome shows up to throw me a surprise. The sounds of jet flying by, buildings crumbling, missiles soaring and exploding, soldiers shouting, guns firing, just sounds in the first level show the true scale of what is now labeled as World War III in-game. New factions (such as Delta Force), and all the voice acting increase the depth of the game, and the objectives of the mission. The storyline itself gives off the feeling of linearity, but the environment helps reinforce that by offering up barricades, or cross-fire, or something in the distance that makes you not want to go that way, which gives off the illusion of a lack of linearity. Why would you go through this street filled with crossfire, barbed-wire barricades, and the ever-present danger of jets, when you can duck into this building to get away from all of that, and cut across a later street?
    Spec ops offers missions like the kind that were available in MW2 with capability to play with a coop partner, but there's a new section within spec-ops that I love after playing it only once, and that's modern warfares version of a horde mode. During the series of waves you gain access to new panels which are spread out across one of the multiplayer-friendly maps, and they give you goodies. New weapons, new explosives, new "killstreaks" and perks. But, you've got to level up in Spec-ops to unlock the higher level stuff, and even then you need the money to buy it in-game. I haven't tried the actual missions yet, because I'm waiting to finish the campaign before I tackle those, but from what I've seen they sound new, fun, and still reasonable challenging early on.
    Multiplayer however, is a whole new beast. I have to admit I jumped right in without even starting up the singleplayer campaign, and I don't regret it! It starts off just like MW2, you have access to three classes meant to give you a bit of a jump, and show you what you can get later. You unlock two more classes at I believe level 2, and you can create your own custom classes at level 4, just as in MW2. With 10 prestiges and 80 levels each, it sounds daunting, until you actually play a game. I think I had a match at level 21 where I received 23k experience from doing a whole slew of challenges in one game. Perks are seemingly easier to unlock pro version now, and once you do you get challenges for the pro version of each perk. Weapon attachments are no longer unlocked by challenges, and neither are camo, or the new "addition" to weapons called weapon proficiency. Everything is unlocked by just using your gun. The more you use it, the more levels it gets and the more stuff you unlock for it. Killstreaks have also been revamped to help support the different play styles of different people. Assault is for the straight-forward high k/d focused player, operating as killstreaks always have, then there's support which don't lose killstreak progress upon death and get things that aid them and their teammates in a usual fairly non-lethal way, and lastly there is the specialist killstreak which allows you to pick a total of 6 perks to have on your character, but the 4th, 5th, and 6th perk are earned at 2, 4, and 6 kills respectively, and once you have 8 kills you unlock every perk to use, even if you aren't high enough to custom class it.
    While there are frustrating moments in each of the game modes, there's nothing that causes it that wouldn't be in another online multiplayer game, or a game with a difficulty selector. All in all, I'd say this game definitely deserves a chance, and offers something for everyone. Immersive campaign, quick-paced multiplayer, horde mode, challenge missions, I'm very happy with this game, and can't imagine those $60 a waste of money ever.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Shield. Enough said. Plus more options this time around to be a team player. A very high risk, high reward multiplayer game which can be frustrating at times, but I love it.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Nice graphic, very good sound (better than mw2), singleplayer owns everything, and perfect multiplayer. Guys this game is amazing!!!! I think this game is really good, the best of all modern warfare.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Really really good game that doesn't stop the action for 1 second. You will be on your toes having fun for the whole time. Don't forget about the worlds best multiplayer, and the PC version has dedicated servers!
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Hey This Game Paid Off My Expectations and Really cooled off my anticipation.. the sp is as good as mw2 and mp is satisfying as well.. survival ops is back with a bang too.
    this game one of its own so don't compare it with any other.. just review it.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    After the subdued tone of Black Ops, Modern Warfare has burst back into life. Visceral, frantic action makes this a must have title. The IW team have taken what was good about MW2 and added additional layers of complexity, making each character that much more diverse. A+
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Its a great game.I like this game more than battlefield 3, this it the best FPS shooter franchinse in the world its so awesome everybody is a retard who say the opposite to hell with the haters
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Excellent!!!Just another cash in of a tired old franchise. Re-releasing a video game every year and making millions is just a slap in the face to real developers who actually take the time to make a decent video game, with a good engine, great online, and a good story.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    It's Call of Duty! If you like Call of Duty, then you'll like Call of Duty! Sure it looks and feels the same but, Hello???? IT"S CALL OF DUTY!!!!!!! If you want something different, buy something different. If you want the best Online Mulitplayer Experience then look no further!!!! Call of Duty has the largest fan base of any other video game!!! Buy this game, you won't regret it!!!!
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Everyone that said it is a the same as MW2 is an idiot or hasn't played the game, the only thing the same is the graphics, new campaign, new spec ops, new multiplayer features and the graphics make all the difference? Get real everyone.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    this is the best game of 2011 it has better graphics better gameplay better story you should try it the campaign is fantastic the gameplay mmake you feel like in the real world
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    I was originally waiting until Christmas to play this and but was given it as an early present and I must say it is easily the best of the series... unlike its predecessor, the multiplayer is now finely balanced and the stupid fun of the solo campaign has been taken to new heights and in a game fun should always be taken into consideration unlike certain other po-faced FPS 'battles'. To top it off is the vastly improved Spec Ops co-op that is now fine-tuned to be an equally enjoyable solo experience to the campaign with Survival discovering how to balance solo and co-op where Zombies et al could not.
    People may argue that the game runs on an old engine but briefly ignoring the fact that this is a very nice-looking game with a silky smooth 60FPS: since when have engines been the be-all and end-all of a game's success... Ocarina of Time 3D is still one of the best games of the year despite running on an engine from a decade ago so that cant be a detrimental factor to MW3.....
    The highlight of the series and the most fun I've had with an FPS since Portal 2 (and there have been many in between you'll all note) :)
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    From a Battlefield 3 Fan Perspective this game is very good, it's not a DLC of MW2 the MP has improved over with the spec ops giving the shine it is just as good as zombies and the unlocks will keep you going on for a while and Prestige and 80 levels will definitely be alot of time too., COD Elite is just as good as Battlelog everything is good (MP is a dead heat) and Campaign is a bit cliche but slightly better than BF3s I will see you guys on the BATTLEFIELD and the MODERN WARFARE, THIS GAME IS **** AMAZING! Peace out Fans and trolls :P Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Es ist nicht so schlecht wie viele es sagen. Die Grafik ist natärlich relativ schlecht ist aber trozdem noch akzeptabel. Der Multyplayer macht extrem SpaÃ
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    A nice round-up for the Modern Warfare trilogy in an incredible, cinematic and engrossing single player campaign mode. Multiplayer is the best it has ever been and the new Spec Ops levels and modes are awesome. Ignore the negative reviews from people who have most likely not played the game (they're mostly Battlefield 3 players that are upset that once again their favourite game has sold less than a Call of Duty game). Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Why do people hate good media just because its popular and succesful? MW3 is a better game than Battlefield, its made by much more talented developers and isn't published by games hating EA. The low user score here is from bitter battlefield fans that their game wasn't anywhere near as good as they had hoped. Infinity Ward are extremely talented and have worked hard to create an extremely fun game. Again. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    It should get what it deserves, Although it has a similar story mode, Its better and longer than battlefield ,its more fun,The multiplayer is also decent...............
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Just countering the BF3 review-bombers... This game is NOT worthy of this low score. How would you BF3 fanboys like it if the MW3 fanboys started review bombing your 'precious' BF3!
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is a game which doesn't impress with best graphics or realistic destruction like in Battlefield 3, but if you know whats Mw3 really means, then you don't need good graphics. Mw3 is a fantastic game with a lot of new ideas and of course a lot of action :)
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is so bad it has made me violently ill due to the fact I stumped up £40 for the privilage of playing this rubbish.

BlackOps is a much better game and I could choose the server I played on .
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    I really like, the campaign is solid, the multiplayer, yes its almost the same but how can you improve upon perfection it is really fun. Love to see a game about operation "kingfish" in the future, playing as all the beloved characters. Well done Infinity and sledge, you should work to-gather forever :D
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    I have been playing this game all day now and I just can't seem to enjoy it, it just feels like the same thing over and over again with nothing new. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who already owns black ops or mw2.
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a great game if you like this type of shooter. Multiplayer feels slightly faster than Black Ops, and overall a good experience. I would recommend this game if you like MW2 or Black Ops, but it is not a game for everyone.
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    I just love it, I don't care if the graphics are as amazing as BF3, I really don't f***ing care. I just want Makarov dead. Period. It's the culmination of one of the greatest game saga.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game despite the harsh criticisms. The overwhelming amount of negative user reviews just proves how intimidated battlefield fans are by MW3 as the dominate game in the military shooter genre. If you're on the fence about choosing between MW3 and Battlefield 3, it's a close call but MW3 is the better game.
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since its similar to what you're used to. Once you hit level 20 you can pick the Specialist Strike Package. This has no killstreaks. Instead the more kills you get,the more perks you get. I recommend this for only the most expert of players. This package has no deathstreaks so making a comeback will be especially difficult. There are 2 new modes in the game that are really cool. Kill Confirmed is basically Team Deathmatch but you have to pick up these dogtags to confirm the kills. You can also pick up your own dog tag and deny the other teams kills. Team Defender is a fun twist on Capture the Flag. In Team defender the objective is to play keep away with the flag. The longer you have it the more points you get. If you play with your friends and have a strategy you will have a good chance of dominating. Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    I think it it a great game to be completely honest. I own every call of duty that has been released and I think it has always been an innovative series. I hate hearing "It's just like MW2" It is a sequel! I've had no bugs or crashes, BF3 bugs and crashes constantly! I think the story is moving, and MP is just fun! Fair enough, the graphics haven't come a long way, but I Infinity Ward had done a wonderful job with the engine they had. Who cares if it isn't quite as polished as BF3... at least it runs well, i don't end up staring at my desktop, and the SP campaign is actually fun and involving! Buy it! You won't regret it if you enjoyed any of the previous COD Games!!! Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user revies are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Quite sad the way people are rating this game. The campaign wraps up one of the best stories I have ever played in the history of FPS games. The multiplayer is great. No launch issues what so ever (besides COD Elite but that's a whole different product). I haven't experienced any bugs at all. Overall this will be my GOTY. Judge the game for what it is, and in my opinion it is great. Everyone I know IRL that has MW3 loves it. There's something so fishy about all these negative reviews... The game is in no way broken, it runs silky smooth, and you know what, it is FUN.

I really didn't want to bring up that other game (battlefield 3) but... I hated it. Last years Medal of Honor was a much better game than battlefield 3 in my opinion, but neither can stand up to MW3

I say good job IW, Sledgehammer, and Raven. The sales speak for themselves. I love MW3 and so do all of my friends, see you online.
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    yes graphics is old, but game is SUPERB! TOTAL FULL ACTION LIKE NO OTHER! BF3 is sooo boring and slow, MW3 ROX and does have great campaign! I love it like any Modern Warfare Activision game!
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    It's nice to see PC gamers give this the lowest score compared to 360 and PS3 gamers. You will notice that the ratings correlate with the general maturity of the platform users .
    I give this a 0, there's no innovation here. With all the money they have been raking in, they're doing nothing but releasing map packs while other developers are creating whole new games.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    Although you don't like it,at least you should respect it.Not a zero point!Look at what we do.One point seven?That is what you do to such a game?That is what you do to their efforts?!I do not think that MW3 can get 10 point,but you guys make me fell too disappointing!
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    The current scores on here are pathetic. You may not like the game but very few games deserve these kind of scores. Just because its popular and similar to the last installment doesn't warrant these scores. A good series is a good series and many very well reviewed games on here are equally as similar as cod is. It's childish, besides in its own right its a great game, deserves 9/10 but for obvious reasons to make up for the score I'm giving 10/10. Expand
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! I bought BF3 on launch, and I loved it. Then when MW3 came out, I decided to go buy it, I was not disappointed! Keep in mind this is the first Modern Warfare game I have purchased. The campaign was amazing, online is spectacular, and spec ops is sweet, especially survival mode.
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign is one of the greatest in game history.
    The graphics are overdated little bit but still glorious.
    The sounds and the atmosphere is wonderful as expected.
    The multiplayer is real fun.
    Of course it has some negative sides too.
    But all 0(zero) reviewers on here are bf fanboys.
    My real note is 9 but I give 10 coz of bf fanboys keeping to give it 0
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good Game. Game on the network is pleased with their stoblinostyu and dynamics. Thanks to the developers for this great game. I am pleased at.
    It has long been a distinct nebylo multiplera. All game modes encouraging. Sorry for the short single.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    It's a good game and I believe that all this MW3 hating is a bit silly. It makes me think at all those people who hate Microsoft for Windows, yet still use it. If you hate the game so much, why bother in the first place? You saw MW2 in action. you knew what it was coming to you. Stop **** guys, and be fair. Graphics isn't everything.
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve all the hate BF trolls give it lol
    Too bad they are just jealous and they do not play their own game because...it sucks?
    CoD may have **** graphics,but the multiplayer and the single player is so far the best in the series...
    Just tell s...What change dou you want,apart from graphics?I bet you cannot say any normal stuff.
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    What can I say about this game. Wonderful, spectacular, cinematic and many more things, can still remember the first time I played Call of Duty was an experience our glorious why I say that Call of Duty is not a simple fps he is the king of all graphs is both recycled or not so I know the game is so wonderful but leaves you with so much that I like to ask more.and biz
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    it's a super game, not problem, it's a very good game, good job and all is good !!!! multiplayer is very great !!! survival is a great news ! it's very beatiful, the song is like a great action and war movie and it's very magnificient
  57. Nov 10, 2011
    Pure awesomeness, as usual! Just like I expected, single player is is still as awesome as it was before. Multiplayer? Astronishing! And not bugged like Buggerfield!
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    I am totally enjoying the Multiplayer. Fast paced and quick to get in game and load/join maps, The game types add a lot of variety and I like the maps WAY better than in BF3. I prefer the new weapon upgrade system to previous versions of CoD.
    After playing both BF3 and CoD:MW3 I choose CoD.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    I love it ! Its exactly what you expect after MW2. I only buy the IW Titles, and this one never let me down. My friends and i playing the MP for hours and its even more fun than the campaign. The only complain is, there is no Hans Zimmer music... Hope that MW4 will have Hans back!
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game not sure why so many people hate it. Thanks guys for putting together a great call of duty game. The spawns are finally fixed. And the maps make it a lot more balanced so its not such a cluster.
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    There's nothing new is this game, it's a terrible waste of money. Bad graphics, regurgitated gameplay, same guns, same gamemodes. Oh right, they added in a paid subscription service, Thanks dev's. You guys are f'ing useless as game developers. Go edit some web code or something. You made the biggest francise in gaming the hugest disappointment
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a non-stop action thrill ride. I hate the use that way over used explanation for an action title, but it fits so well. The single player's action experience is unrelenting you are thrown into one amazing action sequence after another. The multiplayer experience is just what you would expect out of a Call of Duty game. The issues most players had with MW2 seems to have been fixed for this newest game, and with the addition of new game modes, and kill-streak packs, this game is a definite increase over MW2. For anyone who loves the Call of Duty franchise, especially the Modern Warfare games, this is a definite must have! Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 gives you the rush and excitement that CoD fans have become accustomed to. The game has definitely stepped up from last years installment and is leaving the series fresh in my eyes. Buy the game. I am sure you will agree as well.
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    A very complete game. So much fun and action, and the Spec Ops mode is so amazing. I hope Modern Warfare never dies, and I cannot wait for another title of this saga.
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    mi piace troppo questo gioco. campagna fantastica, multiplayer da paura e tutto rinnovato e le nuove modalità spec ops e survival sono divertentissime. Non capisco perchè abbiano dato un voto così basso ad un gioco così stupendo.
  68. T26
    Nov 11, 2011
    For someone who is familiar with the Modern Warfare storyline, this game is a complete masterpiece. The singleplayer campaign is filled with drama as well as innovation and really reminds players why Call of Duty became famous in the first place - because of the story. A story that no movie or other form of fiction can represent in such an epic way. Spec ops can be described as pure fun, especially when playing with a friend, and the multiplayer side of things isn't much different. All features of this video gaming masterpiece can be described as innovative, fun, filled with emotion, and just plain beautiful. MW3 reminds us why COD is on top of the world right now, and it would be a true shame if we don't see Price and the familiar cast anymore. IW, GIVE US MORE MODERN WARFARES (with Price)! Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't understand why people put 0 this is so stupid. Call MW 3 is a call of duty thats what I wanted. For those who put 0, they are haters or BF3 fanboys. This a great game, great solo and great multiplayer
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    Decent game, lots of fun with friends. Graphics need work though. But still a fun game in its own right. To each his own. Nothing wrong with a linear campaign as long as it gets the story out
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    OMG, I bought this game and its the same **** as modern warfare 2 ? WHY DO THEY SCAM US FOR 60 DOLLAR. This has could been a expansion set for 20 dollar. THIS IS IT. Call of Duty is dead. The graphics are 4 year old, even the guns sounds the same! shame on you activision and IW.

The only thing there good at is taking money from unknowing kids that play the game.

I am realy happy i still
    have Battlefield 3. With 2011 Graphics and Realistic sounds that give u so much realism. Its like someone is standing next to you shooting a real gun. Now that gives me goosebumps !.

GO TO HELL MONEY WASTED 3
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't even have to play this to tell it's bad. Just looking at gameplay, it's the same crap over and over. This would not be so bad if Call of Duty was a original game but to bad it's not. Still the same stereotypical shooter it has been since the series started. A complete and total yawn fest.
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    Same as before and completely addicting. Too many cry babies looking for a complete change. Lets be honest, you knew what you were buying. Are there new maps? Yes. Are there new weapons? Yes. Could it have been an expansion to MW2? sure. But, they are in this to make money.
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    I dont have BF3. I've play all MWs and BOps.. I hoenstly dont get why the rating is so damn low for this game..
    the maps are very well designed, forcing fast pace gaming and gives very little camp opportunity.. there are long and short LOS in each map allowing you to play the way you want.. Perks and such have to made so that you can truly play the way you are comfortable with..
    game modes
    are innovative and fun..
    Game has been balanced.. Frags are weakened so it's no longer a frag fest, killstreaks are still fun to use and just as challenging to get but not too imba that you lose instantly.. some weapons might stand out but hey.. everyone has access to them.. so whatchucryingboutkid?
    InfinityWard have provided everything we want in the game and it's FUN! I dont give a **** about that awesome graphics or wtv! If the graphics are too good I can't run it on my comp good and that'll get me pissed off at the game and give me a headache while playing it (i use an AWm17x) why do you want them to put such high graphics just so you will tune everything to the lowest setting?

Whatever it is.. Im enjoying myself playing this game.. Im convinced it's the BEST COD yet! I think if you dont buy it, you'll miss out on smth big.
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    O melhor fps que ja joguei até hoje, história envolvente e um multiplayer fantástico.
    nota 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! Just as fun as previous installments in the Call of Duty Series - key word "FUN" Addictive multiplayer is the best and am loving the new modes and features. Spec Ops is back and Survival mode with a friend is Fun as hell!
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very exciting game! 100% action. The Graphics could be much better. The Campaing absolutely amazing, Call of Duty next stop could be Hollywood!?

Now the Multiplayer is little different to MW2,but the same!

Excellent Game
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    Better than expected. I don't need better graphics (my PC is the same as MW2). I need a good story and making me feel I am inside an action film. I loved MW2 multiplayer (more than Black Ops) and I love MW3 multiplayer.
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who gives this game less then 5 is a compleet retard that doesn't know anything about revieuwing a game.

Storyline: 9/10
    Multiplayer: 8/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Engine: 5/10

I gave 10 because i have to counter al you retards and fanboys
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 is the most addicting, balanced, and content-packed CoD yet. Some haters ignorantly say it's just MW2.5, but MW3 is truly a complete sequel that combines all new content with an updated and improved version of MW2's core gameplay. Hence, MW3 is the kind of sequel that gives you even more of what you love and enough clever new things to make you fall in love with it in its own right. ++++ If you loved MW2, MW3 will feel like embracing an old companion, who's been genetically enhanced to be friendlier, better looking, smarter, and simply more awesome than ever before. ++++ I rate games based on "fun", and MW3 is a very good time. So how can I not be very pleased with a game that provides me with 200+ hours of enjoyment? Score: 9.5 rounded to 10. Expand
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    Best "Modern Warfare".. it have the final conclusion to the whole series (MW)... Any Creature should Try this game! Ignore all those negative Reviews & Scores. We believe -CoD Fans- that most of the negative reviews, were done by those BF Fans. OR People who "loved" the Characters will never see them again. This is STUPIDITY. It is not a sequel to "Call of Duty" Generally, but to "Modern Warfare" series.. The graphics are GREAT.. But BattleFAILED's new Engine -Frostbite 2- made it a bad Graphically game? Robert Bowling said this "We have no time to create a new engine to fit the game.. so we have to work on the previous one" We will be insane people if we compared MW3's -or any Modern Warfare's"- campaign to BF3 -or any BF-... Self-evident MW win.. but we can stil compare the "Graphics" which make Battlefailed 3 "a good" game. We can compare their Multiplaye Mod as well.. they both have excellent multiplayer.. BUT.. there's no Spec OPS in BF3.. so Battlefailed "3" beats MW3 because of the Graphics.. That's **** !!!! **** strongly Recommends this game to any creature in the whole wide world to play this game. Expand
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    I am so glad all of you naive suckers went out and purchased this game so you could give me some feedback to base my decision on. Here I am playing COD4 (which I purchased after MW2) and I still play MW2. I cannot sell Black Ops for nothing as I will never play it again. Thankfully all of you fools convinced me to not purchase this one either! I knew that none of you complainers would sit it out for a week or two and prove to Activision that their lack of concern for the Gamer and mainly PC player is next to nothing. They only care about your money! I have plenty but it won't go to purchasing this game. HA HA! You are all WEAK! Keep up the great work! Expand
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't want to spoil the story or something else . i just want to say that you can go to a site like gamestop or gamespot or ... and buy a video game ! but how can you find the best ?!
    you have many factors to find the best . story , graphics , gameplay , musics , sounds , multiplayer , hype (!) ...
    let's talk about story ! it's not like HALO ! so you'll not face a large amount of
    informations in 2 hours and say Wow it's epic !
    it's not like BF3 that put you in the story that you've seen it 1000 time before !
    it's Modern Warfare so you'll see real places , real people , real politics and of course real characters ! the plot is the same as Modern Warfare 1 and 2 but the difference is Revelations and characters endings .
    let's talk about gameplay ! just like MW1 & MW2 gameplay is where this game beat its rival . fast action gameplay that increase adrenaline alongside with cinematic scenes will satisfy you of spending 60 $ for this game !
    sounds and musics are brilliant and i can't say anything bad about them !
    graphics are good enough for a 2011 released game and have many improvements from Modern Warfare 2 and 60fps is where this game is beat its rival in graphics (on consoles) .
    multiplayer is the best in series so you can finish the story mode in 5 hours and go for multiplayer ! but you have my word , you can't finish multiplayer even in 500 hours ! it's Call Of Duty ! there is no need to say every part is at it's best like maps , perks , modes , weapon customize ...
    at last i can say there are many games out there but there are a few perfect games so don't spend 60 $ for the first game you'll see in the markets !
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best FPS in 2011 , no doubt . but i think it's the best FPS ever !
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    I've played Battlefield 2, the new Goldeneye, Crysis, COD 4, MW2, Black Ops, MW3. I get where most of you are coming from as it being basically the same graphics engine as MW2. I myself even noticed the feeling of COD 4 within it, but to tell you the truth, that's exactly why I love it so much. I bought COD 4 not when it was full retail, or even $30, but fricken $10 on Steam during a holiday sale. I was like, eh... I guess everyone keeps talking about it lets try it out. It was Awesome. There's no denying that, MW2 was even good. Black Ops was alright but still a little too Treyarchy for me which is what kept me from getting involved earlier. Then comes that whole legal debate with this game and having Sledgehammer jump in. I'm just happy they actually made it in time.

My best guess is because of that, and losing a huge portion of their staff to Respawn they really didn't have the time, in 2 years to make an entirely new COD. I'm glad. In the end it feels right to me. Call me crazy. The whole Modern Warfare story was gonna be a trilogy anyway so why not have it all be on the same graphics engine? Aren't we, the PC gamers always standing up for gameplay over graphics anyway? Minecraft? Super Meat Boy? Portal? I completely support their choice to reuse COD4 and MW2, why not? When the next Call of Duty comes from Infinity Ward in 2 years or so, it'll have a new story, new characters and that will be the time when it makes sense to have newer graphics, not now.

Point is, the campaign felt like the equivalent of a movie, its cinematic. Lord of the Rings uses the same actors and same locals and plot in the grand scheme of it all. Games have always been split, there are the innovative ones, the ones like Madden that just renew what was there, not dissimilar to this, and then there are the out of the blue games like DragonAge and Elder Scrolls that are rehashes and retakes on a genre but are nothing new in concept. In general however games are getting to the point where they should be judged not on their graphics and familiarity, but on the gameplay and the grandness of it. The thoughts they leave when you're done playing and the feelings you get while playing them. MW3 is more arcade than realistic, but that's exactly how its supposed to be. That 3 at the end should mean, you are getting the same story, same mechanics, same graphics or damn close to. Expect change when a NEW game comes out not just a continuation of a story.

Multiplayer is simply updated but that's to be expected, if its not broke don't fix it. Has Madden changed drastically lately? Its still football, and this is still you trying to kill everyone else. Black Ops was the same as MW2, which was the same as COD4, if you expected a HUGE change come 3, you've obviously been living under a rock for the last 6 years. People buy this game to continue playing multi with their friends, and to continue the story and be blown away by the sights, sounds and grand feel it has. It's like back in the day playing with that Buzz Lightyear toy and then they come out with the Chrome one. Well no **** its the same thing but it does slightly more and looks better, so doesn't that make it technically better than the original and worth trying?
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    fully optimized compared to mw2 and do not feel lost in the map and is visually pleasing to the eyes.MW3 gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game...
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is awesome.
    I pre-ordered BF3 & MW3 and i can't only say that i feel more pleasure with MW3 than with BF3.
    I don't und this so badly marks (BF3 kikoolol effect ?)
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is so addictive and fun you don't care about the sound/graphics/user critics flaming.
    Games are supposed to be fun, and this baby delivers!
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    All of the Call of Duty titles play very similarly, in fact there is very little difference in the way it plays going way back to the original Call of Duty. Why are people only just figuring this out? Is that a bad thing? Hell no! The game has been tweaked and tuned to perfection along the way. There is a reason why it's the #1 Franchise. Love it or hate it. MW3 runs brilliantly on all ports and add's some neat features to keep the fans happy. Not to mention the gritty campaign we have all come to appreciate from all of the Call of Duty titles. It's not perfect, dedicated servers and added pc features such as FoV etc would have been nice. However I'm going to give this a 10 to compensate for all the thoughtless 0's I'm seeing. Good job Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer! I look forward to your next installment. Expand
  89. Nov 12, 2011
    well,i dont think its a bad game and i like the campaign...BF3 campainn just like **** gives you much fun the reason is your ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER, dynamic and competitive... btw you need good reflexes in this game.
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    I've bought both BF3 and MW3,love both play style of them,Nice game,nice single-player campaign ,nice OST.P.S. i dunno why so many 0 mark on MW3 in Meta-critic user score,the user who gave 0/10 on MW3 also gave 10/10 full mark on BF3,Hey,does this user score is true?or it is a trick by those BF3 fan boy?
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, people just feel the need to complain about anything. It's almost embarrassing how people can't give an honest opinion on a game because they feel like they're being cheated. You still bought the game and you know you're still gonna play the hell out of it.
  92. Nov 12, 2011
    the devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny how forums and places like this are full of hatred toward the game but it broke sales records and surpasses bf3s sales as well. theres a reason for that, people who like the game are not here commenting but playing and enjoying the game right now! Expand
  93. Nov 12, 2011
    Great single player, weapon sounds absolutly fantastic. And that perfect crisp control only a Carmack powered game engine is capable of, highly recommended.
  94. Nov 12, 2011
    Game was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game is from MW2.
    New maps
    New weapons
    New perks
    New killstreaks
    New point streak system
    New concept of strike packages
    New sounds
    New spawn system
    New equipment
    New dual scope capability
  95. Nov 12, 2011
    Just as i wanted it to be. A buffed up version of mw2. Sure they could use ranked dedis aswell. But i do prefer lobby system over dedis since im a casual gamer. Graphics are ok imo. I didnt want to buy a brand new computer for this game. My old rig runs it flawlessly. The gameplay is awesome. Run and gun is just in my taste. Perks are more balanced and no overpowered grenade launchers this time around. Co op is suprisingly fun with friends. I will enjoy this game for hundreds of hours. And hopefully the coming dlcs will include some larger maps Expand
  96. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply put. There was an unfinished storyline from MW2. At first, everyone was excited for the future events of that storyline. "what happened to soap and price?!" "where the hell is Makarov" and now everyone complains because its more of the same?! i don't see people going mad when a writer tells a single story in 3 or even 9 seperate books. what? maybe they should consider changing the typography! from 'times new roman' to 'comic sams'.
    This is like the weather debate syndrome, people are never happy about it.
    Graphically the game is impeccable not to mention the sound and gameplay.
    Of course there's always room for some improvements.
    Sometimes i wonder if any developers should ever listen to all the noisy begging around the game.
    Congratulations Activision for another great product.
  97. Nov 12, 2011
    Decent game, have both bf3 and mw3. Switch between the two when i get bored of it. Overall I enjoyed both games equally. Although I love battlefields ,multilayer more its a nice change to switch to mw3 once in awhile.
  98. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't believe the bad reviews this game is getting. This is my first modern warfare game I have played at it is awesome. Perhaps it might be similar to other modern warfare games which I have not played but to a first time player it is unreal! 10 out of 10
  99. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012