2.4

1. Dec 17, 2014
    Even worse than MW2, with more hand holding gameplay, QTEs, bloody screen

It's like repackaging the same game every year.

Activision likes to make casual games.
  2. Dec 10, 2014
    Modern Warfare 3 is the last part of the trilogy made by Infinity Ward Modern Warfare, in collaboration with Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. Modern Warfare 3 stand a tad better story to Modern Warfare 2, you discover more and more once you progress in the story. The only problem ... the game is very short, I one I finished in 5:30hours. The graphics is good, pretty good.Modern Warfare 3 is the last part of the trilogy made by Infinity Ward Modern Warfare, in collaboration with Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. Modern Warfare 3 stand a tad better story to Modern Warfare 2, you discover more and more once you progress in the story. The only problem ... the game is very short, I one I finished in 5:30hours. The graphics is good, pretty good. For me, as I struggle in some of the major cities throughout the world ami makes the game much better. The sound is also good, quite good. Gameplay is ok, I have not encountered problems during the game, and still do a good job, is COD. Too bad that the game uses the same engine of Modern Warfare 1, but anyway, improved. Expand
  3. Dec 6, 2014
    MW3 is more of the same. Continuation of the story from MW2. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 6/10 - great, but the improvement from MW2 is minimal
    2. Gameplay: 6/10 - more of the same
    3. Story: 7/10 - the finale of the MW series, satisfying ending
    4. Multiplayer: 4/10 - unchanged

Nothing innovative here. Overall, average game.
  4. Nov 17, 2014
    Decent game and not too bad at all. That's all I can really say and it seems I have to write more than 149 words so I'll finish off this sentence now.
  5. Nov 1, 2014
    PROS & CONS
    PROS
    ---
    - Super Easy Quickscoping
    - Ability To Level Up On Survival + Custom Games
    - Fun To Play Overall
    CONS
    -----
    - Campaign Sucks
    - Hackers
    -----
    THE VERDICT
    This is one of my favorite call of duty's. Definitely get it!
    TIP: Best guns for quickscoping are the L115R and the MSR.
  6. Sep 19, 2014
    It's a solid an fun CoD title with some downsides every CoD has. The movement and the gameplay feels incredibly smooth and fast. The map design isn't too bad, some maps are bad but other maps are great. In general the maps from MW3 are better than the maps from black ops 2 and ghosts. The downsides are familiar to CoD players: the lag compensation which causes a bad connection, the fps isIt's a solid an fun CoD title with some downsides every CoD has. The movement and the gameplay feels incredibly smooth and fast. The map design isn't too bad, some maps are bad but other maps are great. In general the maps from MW3 are better than the maps from black ops 2 and ghosts. The downsides are familiar to CoD players: the lag compensation which causes a bad connection, the fps is limited on pc, some annoying weapons (like fmg9 akimbo, rpg, striker and the snipers).The graphics are pretty bad, even MW2 had better graphics. In total it's a fun game with some downsides which can get annoying. Expand
  7. Sep 10, 2014
    Call of Duty really a wonder game ever. i played it many times ... regularly played its latest level and all. All over nice game. nothing to say.
    Call of Duty totally action game.
  8. Jul 22, 2014
    A disappointing entry into the call of duty series. It marks the beginning of the end for the call of duty franchise. Maybe advanced warfare can turn things around. Don't buy this.
  9. Jul 20, 2014
    OMG soo f*cking bad only ghosts can be worse than this sh*t really it has console FOV 65 which is unplayable on PC the maps suck there are cheaters everywhere, op guns and so on...
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    Rehashing the same formula works, but that doesn't mean you've made a good game in the process. Just like MW2, this focuses on making as much money as possible. Unlike MW2, it ruined any fun CoD had left and brought IW to a new low.
  11. May 31, 2014
    I would describe modern warfare 3 as a quite good game. Unfortunately it has been heavily neglected by the people behind it. Game mechanics are pretty good and most of the maps are of a decent quality.
    The game is however overrun by cheaters. Because of this MW3 has one of the most hostile gaming environments i've ever experienced. Every single time you go on a killstreak, people will look at you with suspicion and call you names. You can hardly blame them, since there's practically an obvious wall hacker or aimbot user in every single map.
  12. May 22, 2014
    it is great lalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalalalallalalalalal and it is noob. bananananananananananannanananananann dnsedfjvgehyfvehfvyejfdgerfbhuregfrhjkbefjkrhbjkgruifgrgyurf4ryufv4rguie4gfuo
  13. Apr 29, 2014
    I'll start with the campaign. I've always enjoyed CoD's story lines, but this one was sadly disappointing. Coming off of the outstanding MW2, I expected a lot, but got a cliché' "take the fight to Europe, destroy a few big cities, kill a bunch of people, and walk off feeling epic" game. Then another thing: the entire game is one color. The cities are entirely gray, even the people. TheI'll start with the campaign. I've always enjoyed CoD's story lines, but this one was sadly disappointing. Coming off of the outstanding MW2, I expected a lot, but got a cliché' "take the fight to Europe, destroy a few big cities, kill a bunch of people, and walk off feeling epic" game. Then another thing: the entire game is one color. The cities are entirely gray, even the people. The African scenarios are entirely tan. It gets really annoying after a while. Now I'll move on to the multiplayer. I've always hated CoD multiplayer, and this is no exception. Ridiculously hacked lobbies, glitchy games, and a bad community all make it more and more miserable. Expand
  14. Apr 25, 2014
    The copy paste mentality of the developers is unforgivable. They have made too many games with the same engine and no innovation to call themselves game developers. They just take the same **** and put a new picture on it.
  15. Apr 18, 2014
    I can see that Activision is making some progress, but slowly. The campaign is short, and the scenario is not too rich. But there's a few clichés which will stick in mind. The Spec Ops missions are more interesting. The multiplayer is great, with the new weapons. And lots of well organized perks and stuff. The new Infected mode is crazy. Like hide and seek. The maps are not so cool. ButI can see that Activision is making some progress, but slowly. The campaign is short, and the scenario is not too rich. But there's a few clichés which will stick in mind. The Spec Ops missions are more interesting. The multiplayer is great, with the new weapons. And lots of well organized perks and stuff. The new Infected mode is crazy. Like hide and seek. The maps are not so cool. But the multiplayer in general is a real fun. The game engine is still the same, but improved. The audio is still unclear and unintelligent. Bullets sound for example doesn't change according to different places. But the game in overall has the face of a victor. Expand
  16. Apr 12, 2014
    Instead of releasing this 'game' as more DLC, They added a number three to the title. The game is just another tired cash-grab, and should be avoided. This game is nowhere near good.
  17. Apr 4, 2014
    Call of duty modern warfare 3 is probably my favorite game in the series.
    Unlike Black ops and Black ops two that were basically two piles of innovative ****
    The sniping in modern warfare 3 is spot on, the best in the series by far and really fun. The story was meh but noone buys a call of duty for the story. The multiplayer is fantastic with new killstreak rewards, Support streaks
    Call of duty modern warfare 3 is probably my favorite game in the series.
    The sniping in modern warfare 3 is spot on, the best in the series by far
    and really fun.
    The story was meh but noone buys a call of duty for the story.
    The multiplayer is fantastic with new killstreak rewards, Support streaks and specialist rewards wich brought a new level to an already great game.

And if you rated this game low because of it not being innovative enough then **** off. Call of duty is a series of games were tradition is key.
  18. Feb 9, 2014
    MW3 is a fun game at the start,quickscoping is kinda easy,but there are too many LMG w/ Thermal Sight,alot of FMG9's etc.
    Anyways without the community,the multiplayer is kinda boring.I really liked the campaign,with the exception of Soap,Yuri and Kamarov dying.Soap and Kamarov were original characters from CoD 4,so I kinda hated that they died.
    The weapon leveling is,meh. The only
    The weapon leveling is,meh.
    The only thing that could be fun in this game is the campaign or Infected(without the Striker vs Juggernaut matches)
  19. Jan 22, 2014
    Hackers, lag, and lag compensation ruined this game!!! The multiplayer is broken, and this is coming from a guy who is an experienced COD player. I played all COD up to MW3, and stopped buying this crappy series after this POS game. Until they fix their game, Activision will not get any more of my hard earned money!
  20. Dec 21, 2013
    Ok its Call of Duty need I say else? The story is more of the same and the game play is even worse. It gets boring around an hour maybe two and besides multiplayer there isn't much to do. There is Survival I will say that earns this game its points and you can end up spending many hours on end on that one. All be it its not the best Call of Duty game it could be worse
  21. Nov 29, 2013
    This is the first shooter game with battle vehicles that i have played. Awesome story, Not too easy for find ammo, and moderate gameplay. But lacks of graphics.
  22. Nov 20, 2013
    Worst and most overrated game ever. It is so $$$$ing bad. I luckily was able to get a refund. The experts here should go themselves in the $$$hole. I never played a worse game.
  23. Nov 18, 2013
    This game has trickshooters, across the map knife throwers and more noob tubers than chinese guys, as if this game wasn't bad enough alone, literaly the worst CoD out there(worst even than BO2) and now you even have INVISIBLE GUYS, like wtf as if this game needed any more ruining.
  24. Nov 17, 2013
    MW3 is a good, a good game. If you disagree I hate you. It is better than other ones. NOT as good as ModernWarfare. I like the Spec ops in this game. That was good not like the Black Ops 2 zombie rubbish. It was a good defence and co-op mission game. The campaign was good. It rounded off the MW3 series VERY well. It was a good sotory in my opinion. Multiplayer was okay. The maps were good.MW3 is a good, a good game. If you disagree I hate you. It is better than other ones. NOT as good as ModernWarfare. I like the Spec ops in this game. That was good not like the Black Ops 2 zombie rubbish. It was a good defence and co-op mission game. The campaign was good. It rounded off the MW3 series VERY well. It was a good sotory in my opinion. Multiplayer was okay. The maps were good. The gameplay was rubbish but the guns felt real. REAL. I could never get the kid working. But I could mute the squeakers. Yay!

Overall:
    -Good Spec Ops.
    -Very Good campaign.
    -Okay Multiplayer
    Score: 72/100
  25. Nov 12, 2013
    This is the first time I regret of money been wasted on a videogame. MW3 turned me into CoD hater, from CoD series fan. And here's what we have: very "interesting" storytelling more extra bullsht from cpt.Price), super "new" series of gameplay, totally NOT similar to previous part of this franchise, "beautiful" graphics, that would make you want to fetch up after few hours. So, basically,This is the first time I regret of money been wasted on a videogame. MW3 turned me into CoD hater, from CoD series fan. And here's what we have: very "interesting" storytelling more extra bullsht from cpt.Price), super "new" series of gameplay, totally NOT similar to previous part of this franchise, "beautiful" graphics, that would make you want to fetch up after few hours. So, basically, worst FPS of 2011. Expand
  26. Oct 24, 2013
    I like though Chickens and rice but i like m2 beeter
    a;lksd la;sdjhflahsl;djh;lkasdfhl;asdhflk.ashdflkjashdf.lhasdhfhljkasdhflkjasdlhflsdkldfhsfalksdfhaslkdfasdhlkdfhaslkdjflaksdj
  27. Oct 14, 2013
    Technically, graphics and netcode sucks, that's it. The sound looked good to me.
    Single player's gameplay and plot is mediocre, i'd say it doesn't worth to play it.
    Multiplayer: the death of competition. Also, don't understand why the game doesn't support servers! To prevent it from becoming better? The co-op, if it would have dedicated server, would had the possibility to be good. But often the lag ruins it (I ping 90-110 with other games, with this more than 160)
  28. Oct 7, 2013
    It's my first CoD, but i thought it was really good at the time i got it. It's still my favorite game for Ps3. I own Bf3 Premium, but it was so boring. In Mw3 you just: pick up your controller and play. Not get baseraped, not be able to use 10% of your guns because admins want it, get killed by a chopper 30 times in one round, and so on... I think it deserves a good rating for a game, thatIt's my first CoD, but i thought it was really good at the time i got it. It's still my favorite game for Ps3. I own Bf3 Premium, but it was so boring. In Mw3 you just: pick up your controller and play. Not get baseraped, not be able to use 10% of your guns because admins want it, get killed by a chopper 30 times in one round, and so on... I think it deserves a good rating for a game, that was made in half a year. And to everyone who never played it and only plays Bf3: Battlefield 3 DOES NOT have better gunplay. I don't know where you got that. Bf3 has better graphics, but the textures suck. The controls are better and the game is more skilled in mupltiplayer. Not that Bf3 players are bad but me being a newbie on Bf3 servers and getting 5 people knifed instantly. That's just lame. Expand
  29. Sep 28, 2013
    Nice game,original call of dute stylish and gameplay,but onld game engine and not too many online content.(even in purchased DLC).
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  30. Sep 27, 2013
    I know this is a little late, but I think this game deserves a lower rating.
    I know this is a little late, but I think this game deserves a lower rating.
    When I first started updating Modern Warfare 3 on Steam 2 years ago, my only feeling was excitement, Modern Warfare 2 was a huge mess that did not live up to the original Modern Warfare, and I expected Modern Warfare 3 to truly be worthy of the "Modern Warfare" name. But after 2 hours of playing, my only emotion was sadness, the campaign is way too short, and the storyline sucks, and the multiplayer is the same big mess as Modern Warfare 2, also, the grahics look worse than Cod4, not better, I regret buying this game and I will advise you all to avoid this game.
  31. Sep 23, 2013
    Sure it's like mw2 and mw1, but its still tonnes of fun. I'd recommend buying this game on sale on steam when on sale. Don't get blops 2 because that's complete trash.
  32. Sep 8, 2013
    worst cod i have ever bought,and i will never pay any attention to mw,still,it is not completely bad so i give 1 score.
    if u play solo,u maybe feel moved by the campaign,yes,it just use the human weakness,hit it correctly,but not it is nice.but still,solo is worthy to have a try.so do the survival,kill time nicely,of course,i will not only say what is bad.
    multiplayer,of course,still got
    multiplayer,of course,still got some improvements,such as the perks,kill streaks,but cod always like balanced well ,then just add bugs into it ,maybe the game maker has a unusual brain,in mw2 added grenade launchers,g18 to improve the game that already very very balanced(every gun is nice and different)
    mw3 not only add a little,it is the art of bug,i am not a artist,i am just a silly player.can not understand the art of mw3,so if i will buy cod again,will never pre-purchase,and sure,no iw or the game mw groups made,bo is not good but playable.
    if u are poor, u are lonely, u hate the world, u wanna feel u are king of ass,buy it,it will make ur illness feel better.put on the p90 and fmg akimbo,lets go and fight! for the "bright future"
  33. Sep 7, 2013
    Not too much to write here: like Black Ops, the game failed, and the main flaw was that devs just haven't introduced something new, which would've refreshed the game. Pointstreaks, return of the lobbies, strike chains, different modes like chaos and wave-based spec ops on MP maps all these things are good, but they're not enough to make the game as fun as it was before, because it's theNot too much to write here: like Black Ops, the game failed, and the main flaw was that devs just haven't introduced something new, which would've refreshed the game. Pointstreaks, return of the lobbies, strike chains, different modes like chaos and wave-based spec ops on MP maps all these things are good, but they're not enough to make the game as fun as it was before, because it's the same just like the previous titles. Additionally, the campaign finally rolled down to Z-grade delirium of the paranoid patient of a mental hospital who's afraid that USSR will bomb the western countries tomorrow and only the brave uncle Sam's sons can fight the red threat, and there's no Zimmer anymore to save the atmosphere of this circus. A bad game, but I feel the worst about CoD is yet to come. Expand
  34. Aug 18, 2013
    The singleplayer is ok, they have improved it a little bit but the campaign is still very short (6 hours) and the multiplayer is just a joke. I hate the feel of it, and everything is just unbalanced such as the spawn points, weapon damage, and so on. The only thing I really enjoyed was the survival and challenges. But thats it.
  35. Jul 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. oing beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no Expand
  36. Jul 15, 2013
    Pluses:
    - good voice-acting
    - cut-scenes hide the ugliness of the game well for a few minutes, and then monitor asking for it the display faces down. Minuses: -weak angular ugly low-end textures. -music were strong point of Infinity War not this time, music is weak. - AI if you not move, AI re spawning everywhere every time .. - single-player is awesome boring and short. -
    Pluses:
    - good voice-acting
    Minuses:
    -weak angular ugly low-end textures.
    -music were strong point of Infinity War not this time, music is weak.
    - AI if you not move, AI re spawning everywhere every time ..
    - single-player is awesome boring and short.
    - multi-player is copy of MW2.
    - very bugged flying bodies, blocking doors etc.)
    - ofter crashing to desktop.....

Summing: Game is a crap.
  37. Jul 13, 2013
    I can understand why people have given low scores for this game. People just hate CoD series and want to lower his reputation. I have played +300 hours in that game's MP so far. And it does not bore me at all, actually. On the other hand, there are many cheater in Domination, TDM and Ground War game modes.
    Also "Mission" and "Survival" modes are 9/10. You can spend lots time with your
    Also "Mission" and "Survival" modes are 9/10. You can spend lots time with your pals.

Overall, MP does not give different game playing than other CoD games and i recommend you to NOT to waste your money FOR BUYING DLCs.
  38. Jul 9, 2013
    Same concept over and over again this is boring. SP good but MP just don't want to play it that's why I give it 5. Also I take back my previous word of BF3 and BF in general. I just had a experience with it because of the PC I used then. But I think this will be the last COD I play.
  39. Jun 25, 2013
    Meh...

This was nearly identical to MW2. Literally, I think they copied some of each level layout. Not only that, but the game is an awful port. We're locked at a console FOV, with poor optimization on high-end hardware. There are no dedicated servers, cheaters and lag abounds, and if my sticky reticule pops to one more enemy automatically I think I'm going to ceremoniously burn this
    Meh...

Not only that, but the game is an awful port. We're locked at a console FOV, with poor optimization on high-end hardware. There are no dedicated servers, cheaters and lag abounds, and if my sticky reticule pops to one more enemy automatically I think I'm going to ceremoniously burn this game. There is no reason on the PC to make the game aim for the player.

Multiplayer has literally not advanced at all. Graphics are poor, the engine is out of date. There's nothing but lag, cheaters, and kids whining and screaming over their microphones every time they die. There are no new modes, and no unique guns. You get to choose between slightly different re-skins of the same gun, pretty much, because they're all equally bland and stiff to use.

There are no advanced physics to enhance dynamic gameplay, still no vehicles, and the killstreaks are more cheap than fun at this point. Who likes to join a match where half your team is just getting insta-killed by a helicopter above the map? Roll the dice. You might not randomly die, between the latency, the aim assist, and the 20 foot knives.

That's pretty much all this game is. Random death. Grenade spam, camping, quickscope abuse, and lag all contribute to one pathetic package of random death.

It gets 2 instead of 0 because it's a functional game, and not a pile of slag that nukes your HDD.
  40. Jun 19, 2013
    I went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops hadI went into MW3 expecting just a copy-paste of MW2 (which I honestly enjoyed). What I got was something much, much worse. I play CoD for the story, and the singleplayer in MW3 lasts all of 4 hours and the story itself is totally uninteresting. There were just 1 memorable mission in MW3 that I may go back and play again, compare that to 5 or 6 in the previous installments. The spec ops had a lot of promise, I really enjoyed it in MW2. Unfortunately it is done very poorly in MW3. Again, there are no memorable missions, and the missions themselves basically require you to play with a partner. Add that to the fact that CoD matchmaking and latency is god awful, and you have a terrible experience. Survival mode was a good idea, but again, the matchmaking system completely ruins it. I'm not even going to talk about Multiplayer because we all know that it has always been completely broken garbage. I have played every single CoD game (dating back to the PC exclusive original) and I can honestly say that MW3 is the worst. Expand
  41. Jun 19, 2013
    Arguably a disappointment to the series, the multiplayer portion is all the rage in the gamers nowadays, and if you think this game wasn't that great, you would have probably stepped foot into multiplayer. The graphics haven't really improved much compared to its predecessor, and it's too common to see a World War 3 in the plot lines now. These developers need to come up with somethingArguably a disappointment to the series, the multiplayer portion is all the rage in the gamers nowadays, and if you think this game wasn't that great, you would have probably stepped foot into multiplayer. The graphics haven't really improved much compared to its predecessor, and it's too common to see a World War 3 in the plot lines now. These developers need to come up with something visually outstanding and original if their content isn't going down the drain like their server connections are. Expand
  42. Jun 13, 2013
    The graphics are great .The whole WW3 thing is also great But it is too short to play the campaign.I completed it in 10hrs 40mins 18secs.the special ops part of the game contains solo play where it is divided into two parts the survival and the missions.The survival contains countless waves of enemy and the missions contains task to be completed all across the globe as we kill our enemiesThe graphics are great .The whole WW3 thing is also great But it is too short to play the campaign.I completed it in 10hrs 40mins 18secs.the special ops part of the game contains solo play where it is divided into two parts the survival and the missions.The survival contains countless waves of enemy and the missions contains task to be completed all across the globe as we kill our enemies we get EXPERIENCE POINTS as our points increase we are promoted to next post .Over all the game is not disappointing Expand
  43. May 18, 2013
    pure crap. after years of using the same outdated engine, enemy AIs still freeze in place, campaign glitches and nothing has been fixed. multiplayer is just as bad, with every gun being so unbalanced.
  44. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago. The weapon is so

The weapon is so artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous.
  45. Apr 12, 2013
    Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3

Being my first Call of Duty game, it was definitely fun... For that first 100 hours, despite me playing for almost 400+ hours on record. You might always here people whining and b*tching about it, but it was really a good game in overall. I still remembered playing it on my old laptop (AMD 6470m) that broke down not long ago, and it ran smoothly and had good visuals. However, the FoV feature not being added in the PC was really a distaste to player's mouths, but did not stop third party programs from arising and changing it for us.

It certainly does deserve the rating, but of course the stories about the "LEGENDARY FMG-9" was real. And that thing really hurts a lot. All the pistols in the game was full-auto if i wasn't wrong and it is really a pain in the butt. Full auto WITH INCREDIBLY HIGH RoF.

The best guns or every shooter game's "tryhard" weapon is of course the old Heckler & Koch MP7 as well as Remington ACR.

If somebody were to ask me if it really deserves a high rating by critics on the PC, i can honestly say that the critics hadn't had enough time with the game yet.
  46. Apr 2, 2013
    graphics and AI are major downgrade after MW2
    story is very simple, predictable
    musics/effects feel like hitting kettle with spoon after MW2 with Hans Zimmer
  47. Apr 1, 2013
    Still a bit unconcerned about if I have to hate the game after I got VAC banned for doing nothing.

The cheat protection is as always. I get banned, real hackers hack on. Was the game better than part 2 which sucked hard also? I gonna say I think so. There are less too early Kill Streaks, more available ways to push out a camper and overall less and more known camper spots. To get

The cheat protection is as always. I get banned, real hackers hack on.

To get to the Maps:

16 maps 2 Little Team Maps together with MW2 map terminal (one of the few I liked) if you download a free DLC (probably the first and only in the franchise). Then some DLC maps I didnt buy because DLC buying for a firm like Activision sucks balls.

I think three maps, Bakaara, Fallen and Seatown, are pretty well-made and fun to play (not counting in Terminal which is awesome as always, even better because of less weapons specialized on camping).

In the opposite, three maps, Downturn, Carbon and Outpost are pretty damn bad.

To end this quickly: If you a "modern" CoD except BO2 and MW2, which are even worse, then do not buy it. If you dont, give it a shot if you want. The cheat protection is getting better from what I have heard. My ban concerns me not to think so. But anyway, have a nice day.
  48. Apr 1, 2013
    Just another COD game. Bad, unneeded campaign that most people won't even play, because they're too busy on Multiplayer or Zombies. Both of which are filled with annoying children who don't know what they're doing. All it is, the entire game, mindless shooting. You WILL get the SAME EXPERIENCE every time you play the god damn game. And there is no more skill involved than in that ofJust another COD game. Bad, unneeded campaign that most people won't even play, because they're too busy on Multiplayer or Zombies. Both of which are filled with annoying children who don't know what they're doing. All it is, the entire game, mindless shooting. You WILL get the SAME EXPERIENCE every time you play the god damn game. And there is no more skill involved than in that of peeling a banana. Some people may like that, but I don't. I guarantee you, the only reason the Metascore is so low on this game is because everyone who loves it are too stupid to find out how to start a Metacritic account, or too naive to know that this even exists. Expand
  49. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Predecessor of MW2, MW3 is a next rung on the COD ladder, giving us access to more of the life Cpt. Soap as we continue on our quest to hunt down Makarov all within an action packed storyline to match. MW3 might have its downsides within the game such as the spawning system for its multiplayer in which I can be playing be killed only to be then shot 2 seconds after spawning again and its many bugs such as outpost wall-breaching glitch, this all adds to the thrill and adventure to the game-play or so I have found it that is.
    Developed by Infinity Ward, MW3 shows that IW really know what they’re doing when it comes to producing one hell of a game, just goes to show that you don’t need a huge development team to produce a game like MW3 unlike that of BO2. Which failed in comparison to MW3 as regards to feedback. We see a return to dedicated servers in MW3 whilst still providing us with the multiplayer lobbies we experienced in MW2 unlike that of BO1 which simply did multiplayer lobbies and no dedicated lobbies and BO2 which just did dedicated lobbies instead of multiplayer lobbies when will they learn to add both of them instead of 1 or the other.

With dedicated servers in place MW3 brings the party, allowing players to experience MW3 like no other game before it, things like High Jump servers and Infected Shop servers bring even more action to the player that wants the thrill and adventure of a fire-fight in mid air or the exploring of new places within the maps. Like come on who doesn’t want to reach the Eiffel tower on Resistance? Cause I certainly want to, so what if I can’t get there fully it still adds to the fun of the game.

Along with the main game of MW3 of course comes the ever increasing collection packs ranging from 1 to 4 these DLC’s offer new maps for players to dominate and master, new spec ops to blast through like the veterans they are.

A new game mode hits the scene within the MW3 collection DLC’s, named Chaos mode; it says exactly what it does on the tin. In which players can either solo or blast it out with a friend through their favourite maps against a limitless amount of spawning enemies.

Designed to test the player/player’s logical thinking, Chaos mode is the perfect mode for testing strategies/strength of the player. The amount of times I tried to get past 5 juggernauts all charging at me at once was very filling for my taste of adrenaline and thrill as I ran for my life like the coward I am.

Overall I feel MW3 even with its ups and its downs is a 7/10 from me.
  50. Mar 27, 2013
    Not only this game has no improvement in either graphic or element from previous installment, it is also a poor console port. Just check for the DirectX error for this game in steam or other forum. It is a random error which causes crash to players, in either single or multiplayer. What a shame, especially for such a price! Will never buy this series anymore!
  51. Mar 5, 2013
    It looks and plays pretty much EXACTLY the same as 2009's Modern Warfare 2, even the menus, sound effects, and buildings have been recycled from MW2. I feel extremely disappointed, the campaign and single player were shorter and barely better than MW2. Do not fall for the hype for this game, this game should have been a 15 dollar expansion for MW2, charging 60 for this should be a crime.
  52. Mar 1, 2013
    ok this review is going to be in 2 parts single player and muitiplayer. first of all single player, is fun campaign is actually enjoyable and there are some fun things in there to do. the next is spec ops, this is actually another good point for the game and finally "surival" you will either hate or love this mode, depending if you like wave defence games or not. so for single play i wouldok this review is going to be in 2 parts single player and muitiplayer. first of all single player, is fun campaign is actually enjoyable and there are some fun things in there to do. the next is spec ops, this is actually another good point for the game and finally "surival" you will either hate or love this mode, depending if you like wave defence games or not. so for single play i would give it a soild 8 out of 10. the next bit of the review is multiplayer..... this had the poeatinoal to be good, but failled masively! firstly, there are deticated servers but they are useless as you do not earn exp. next is the amount of 12 year old kids hacking, quite frankly this pissed me off so much i stopped playing the entire multiplayer all togther, as activision doesnt care and lets the hacker roam messing up all your games. finally the lag in multiplayer is dreadful as it is not a deticated server, you get host migrations? what the hell is this meant to be? oh yeah thats right they use that system on a console, this does not work on pc at all. i would give mulitiplayer a 3. do not get this game if you want to play if for the multiplayer its awful. overall then i would give this game a 6, becasue of its good single player, but avoid its multiplayer. Expand
  53. Feb 16, 2013
    I'll break this review down into three parts, singleplayer, multiplayer, and overview.

To begin with, the singleplayer was good. I like the storyline, as I liked the MW2 storyline and it basically picks up from there. It's really similar to the MW2 storyline as the missions don't really chance all that much (go around shoot bad guys and follow the waypoints), but you know I don't mind that style all that much. The characters have personalities and the mission was easy to follow. There were some plot twists that while painful were actually well placed. The singleplayer was just great. Not the mention the Spec Ops missions which are fun, HOWEVER, multiplayer Spec Ops is terrible. I would be playing with a friend on Survival and it was as if we were in two different instances of play. I got eighty kills on one round, while he stood in a corner and didn't get any, while on his screen he got seventy kills and I only got two or something like that. The connection system is broke as hell.

As for the multiplayer, it had so much potential it's not even funny. The multiplayer brought in the strike package system, where you could either earn assault streaks, support streaks, or specialist streaks. This was truly innovative in my opinion, as compared to previous Call of Dutys you were pretty much stuck with one set of killstreaks. The guns were balanced for the most part with very few exceptions, such as the MP7. The maps were beautiful and just overall well made. The issue with multiplayer, as is with every COD game since COD4, are the freaking hackers. Towards the middle and end of MW3s life, you had a one in five chance of entering into a game with a hacker. It's really quite annoying, and to make matters even worse, Infinity Ward just says "screw you" to us and doesn't fix it. Hackers ruined multiplayer for me.

All things considered however, I never regretted purchasing this game. I didn't buy a single DLC, because that's just stupid in the first place to pay $60 for stuff that should have already been in the game. This game is still purchasable, as not EVERY lobby contains a hacker and the singleplayer is still worth it. Disregard all of the low ratings for this game as they never gave it a chance. I've played MW3 for about 300 hours and still liked it.
  54. Feb 14, 2013
    The campaign mode is awesome and it is a great sequel to Modern Warfare 2, The story is good, exciting not too ridiculous. The graphics and visuals themselves aren't a huge improvement. Some guns, such as the MK14 and akimbo FMG's are overpowered. They also removed double tapping which was quite annoying, it was still fun but didn't bring much else to the table that wasn't already there inThe campaign mode is awesome and it is a great sequel to Modern Warfare 2, The story is good, exciting not too ridiculous. The graphics and visuals themselves aren't a huge improvement. Some guns, such as the MK14 and akimbo FMG's are overpowered. They also removed double tapping which was quite annoying, it was still fun but didn't bring much else to the table that wasn't already there in MW2 and CoD4. Expand
  55. Feb 11, 2013
    Como si de una nueva entrega de una saga cinematográfica de acción se tratara, el Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 continua la historia desde el final de la segunda entrega. Acción pura narrada al más puro estilo de Hollywood, encantara a cualquier que le gustará alguna de las entregas anteriores o el Battlefield 3 (con el que comparte muchas cosas).

A parte de la historia, un multijugador

A parte de la historia, un multijugador muy adictivo que hace que las horas se pasen volando mapa tras mapa. Recomendable 100% para los fans de género.
  56. Jan 15, 2013
    SP is acceptable but very short and havely scripted , the spec ops mission number is reduced compared to mw2 and they are not polyshed , aslo only 2 disigned for 2 players only.... The surviaval mode is a good idea but still not to many maps.... If you bought this game for MP then i say you make a mistake it is worse then mw2 , very lagy game even when you are the host, recently they addedSP is acceptable but very short and havely scripted , the spec ops mission number is reduced compared to mw2 and they are not polyshed , aslo only 2 disigned for 2 players only.... The surviaval mode is a good idea but still not to many maps.... If you bought this game for MP then i say you make a mistake it is worse then mw2 , very lagy game even when you are the host, recently they added lag to the host as lag compansation:) , weapons are very unbalanced , no real filters to the matchmaking like location , weapons etc The maps are preaty weak very unbalaced , piled with camping spots very few open spaces and the spawn system it`s retarded: you get kill you spawn behind the enemy , you kill the enemy the he spawns behind you :)) The only good thing is the dedicated servers but they are unranked... The graphics are outdated it`s 95% mw2 it uses the same engine and hackers rule the game there is no way to stop them so be prepare they kill you outside the map. 1 year + after game release and you can still find bugs in SP and MP like geting stuck in prone AI teleports to you etc... If you buy the game i recomand to not pay more then 10$ i paid 15$ for row version and regret it even dow the co-op is ok . If you have money to burn then try BF3 Premium edition for 30$ when it`s on sale and you get 29 maps and much more fun :D Expand
  57. Jan 14, 2013
    Easily the worst COD game Ive ever played, Boring and uninspiring campaign, One of the worst PC ports for a shooter(feels like a last min port), And the game looks and feels like MW2, Least its got an addictive multiplier, and the characters feel alive( Not wooden)
  58. Jan 7, 2013
    Nice game, good story, i don't understand why are there so many people gave it a bad rate. If you gave it a bad rate, what do you think the story should be?
  59. Jan 7, 2013
    First of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily beFirst of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily be a mw2 map pack.The only part of the game that i have fun with was survival which i had fun for some hours,the game clearly is overpriced for what it has to offer so i recommend you previous games of the franchise like MW,MW2 and BO.2/10 Expand
  60. Jan 5, 2013
    Terrible, there is nothing about good about MW3 AND ITS $60! There is a terrible campaign, bugs in multi-player, poor graphics and awful voicing. And i thought that MW2 was bad!
  61. Jan 3, 2013
    First of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily beFirst of all the graphics are not so good for game that came out in 2011.Really bad campaign which lasts only 2-3 hours in the lowest difficulties and ok we have a multiplayer with a big playerbase but the multiplayer is just laughable really bad maps in the base game(you can find some good maps in the DLCs which are really overpriced),and in my opinion mw3 multiplayer maps could easily be a mw2 map pack.The only part of the game that i have fun with was survival which i had fun for some hours,the game clearly is overpriced for what it has to offer so i recommend you previous games of the franchise like MW,MW2 and BO.MW3 is really a bad choice.3/10 Expand
  62. Dec 24, 2012
    Хорошая игра в серии,не понимаю,за что ее раскритиковали
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    Should I copy and paste the same review as Modern Warfare 2? Well, I try to make it different, but I'll say the same things. This game engine is the same as the CoD 4 Modern Warfare from 2007, nothing has changed, nothing has been optimized. The game is the same as any other post CoD-4 CoD. The gameplay sucks, the singleplayer sucks, the multiplayer sucks, the graphics sucks. The plot isShould I copy and paste the same review as Modern Warfare 2? Well, I try to make it different, but I'll say the same things. This game engine is the same as the CoD 4 Modern Warfare from 2007, nothing has changed, nothing has been optimized. The game is the same as any other post CoD-4 CoD. The gameplay sucks, the singleplayer sucks, the multiplayer sucks, the graphics sucks. The plot is enough good, but not good, since it's not deep and mature. The sound is OK. Avoid these games. There's a CoD every half year (yeah, not even every year, since every 6 months you see a "new", bad, and sad CoD). Sold out games. I do not give this a 0 just because this is not as bad as Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified (45 minutes of SP). CoD MW3 = 0.75, for me. Expand
  64. Dec 9, 2012
    I can honestly say that this game was the biggest **** You to the face to all the fans of the COD franchise. I cannot find any positive about this game and this is clear evidence Infinity Ward doesn't give the slightest **** about their customers and especially on PC. Poorly coded game, every second game flooded with hackers, no ranked dedicated servers, and the game engine that has beenI can honestly say that this game was the biggest **** You to the face to all the fans of the COD franchise. I cannot find any positive about this game and this is clear evidence Infinity Ward doesn't give the slightest **** about their customers and especially on PC. Poorly coded game, every second game flooded with hackers, no ranked dedicated servers, and the game engine that has been same since cod 4. I'm not a graphic whore but the graphics and especially the gun sounds are damn joke considering it's ****ing 2011. Plus the support package along with deathstreaks? I cannot belive they put this **** to reward the bad players. How lovely it is to get killstreak ruined by 3 stealth bombers and emps in a single game or a player using final stand which was asked to be taken out since mw2. BO2 is the last chance for me and if it sucks I'm never coming back to COD again. Expand
  65. Dec 6, 2012
    Disgusted with the latest COD games, in SP you have more and longer cut scenes instead of fighting.. One of the worst games I played, I can't even connect to the MP servers cause my ping is so high BUT when i play any other COD except for any of the MW series, the MP works great. I'm giving this game a: 0
  66. Dec 5, 2012
    Wow, quite the negative feedback. I got this game a few weeks back on a steam 50% off sale and for 30 bucks, not too bad. Sadly, so many cheaters and the devs do so little to fix this. I rarely play the story mode when it comes to CoD, I love the multiplayer aspect and if you can find a good hack free environment, it's fairly entertaining. Maybe I'll try the story mode this weekend...
  67. Nov 30, 2012
    I pre-ordered MW3 back then only because I wanted to know what was going to happen to Markov. I don't play multiplayer mode. The single player campaign has no innovation, and parts of the storyline and character are ridiculous. This is a disappointment to the franchise.
  68. Nov 28, 2012
    Full cheaters here, and Activision dont make nothing about it!. And Activision dont make nothing about it!. That is very sad. That is 60 buck to the trash!
  69. Nov 27, 2012
    I felt asleep while playing this terrible game...twice. I cant imagine why would people pay for this... Its a game you just want to finish as soon as possible but it just keeps dragging itself like a half-dead horse. I just feel bad after finishing it, like something died inside of me. I think it gave me cancer. God save us from this terrible franchise...
  70. Nov 22, 2012
    I played half of the first campaign level and became bored instantly, so cliche and same old graphics and effects. a few games of multiplayer were okay, so similar to mw2... how can they resell this and put a 3 on the end?? it's basically a map pack for mw2! i've been a diehard cod fan since cod 1 but this is rubbish, activision know they just need a successive number to earn big money
  71. Nov 19, 2012
    This game's so bad, and it's a down grade with every aspect. The old graphics were better so was the sound, gameplay's clunky and the map design's are bad.
  72. Nov 18, 2012
    I preodered mw3 hoping it would be good since mw2 but i was a bit disappointed with the game. It was pretty obvious that this game wasnt created by infinity ward.I dont there was any good missions in the campaign and there wasnt any good multiplayer maps.
  73. Nov 16, 2012
    Ever since mw2, the COD franchise has been a complete pile of steamy **** I don't see any real improvements in gameplay. Essentially the same game over and over... And over, just painted a different picture every time. That's why I'm such a battlefield fan, because every time, the improvements blow my mind. That's something to keep paying for.
  74. Nov 16, 2012
    Hacked and broken to death, every match i join there is someone just teleporting outside of the map and aimbotting from there. And don't forget the awefull graphics, anno 2012 it just hurts my eyes, get black ops 1 or 2 instead of this crappy peer 2 peer console port.. .... ... Note that this isn't a low score because i don't like Call of duty, i just don't like MW3
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    Well... this game is really only fun if you're trolling. i had no fun with the gameplay at all. this game rewards camping it is really bad. same stuff as we have seen before.
  76. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing new, gameplay like CoD MW2, the weapons-aiming is poor, the gameplay is poor, a lot of cheaters are on the maps, the maps ar very small and you need no skill for playing the game, you must clikck around the corner and you have a hit!!! No chance for the game!!! i like to say that the game was a very bad joke from publisher!!! No more time playing CoD, and was a Fan of it before!!!
  77. Nov 2, 2012
    If you want to spend your money on a good game, buy either Black Ops or MW2. Full of campers and hackers, lame singleplayer, full of bugs, blurry graphics and sounds of Airsoft guns. It's what this game is. MW2 for noobs. Since MW2, CoD has begun going worse and worse...
  78. Nov 1, 2012
    Three things:
    *Infinity ward broke the online matching system on Modern Warfare 2, thus "forcing" you to buy MWF3 to play the same game. Ripoff.
    * IT'S TRUE! They have copied everything from past games. Ripoff.
    * It's full of cheaters!
  79. Oct 29, 2012
    So how many times is the main stream gaming community going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on the same game, in a different setting, with different weapons? just look at graphical comparisons and gameplay mechanics from the previous games, its amazing how they look almost identical and play almost identically! c'mon people the game doesn't even have a physics engine!
  80. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player is good but not the best, i tough it was better. Spec ops is really nice, it is big fun with friends. The multiplayer is full of hackers, the CoD support is bad, they will make their work better. Next bad is akimbo and overpowered guns, I hate FMG9 akimbo, it's too strong, but other guns is better, graphics is bad, it needs more work on it, maps is good, I like lockdown, because it's map from Czech republic and I live here, best is hardhat and dome for me, but maps like downturn, interchange etc. is really bad. MW3 is good game, but can be better, I hope the MW4 will be better.(sorry for bad english, im not best in this language) -Tukan Expand
  81. Oct 26, 2012
    My advice is find another game to play the COD managers are only interested in ripping us gamers off.
    MW3 at the moment is full of hackers and this game will only get the same treatment as MW3 so id advise u get another game and save ur cash.
    Personaly id like all people who are into COD games like myself to boycot any COD game till activision and IW get their fingers out their backsides and fix the problems of the games first.
  82. Oct 25, 2012
    the game is repetitive and annoying. all the critic reviews are paid and this isnt what people should be getting from a company that makes billions. f
  83. Oct 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What started out to be an interesting sequel got ruined in the end process. It turns out to be Modern Warfare 2.5 in the end, the same graphics are used, same textures, horrifying multiplayer and a generic story mode. The story mode is practically this: You are crashed in New York, things blow up, you wake up in India, things blow up again, you are the bodyguard of the prime minister of Russia, plane blows up and you die with the PM being kidnapped, you are in Africa, things blow up, Warabe dies, and blah blah blah, it's more or less like a Michael Bay movie, a movie full of explosives, and the main plot is forgettable, in the end of the game, I got completely confused with what happened completely because the game took me 3.5 HOURS TO COMPLETE! with these standards, surely the co-op doesn't fail at all. Guess what? That also got destroyed and ruined, copy and paste maps of the multiplayer, stupid AI that go suicide towards you to kill you, a unknown story to it. If you thinks things might be good in the end, you will be unhappy with the result. It's a copy and paste of MW2 and BO, full of rubbish maps, no dedicated server, people talking BS on the mic and messages, OVERPOWERED weapons which will need to be nerfed, full of rip-off DLC which people want their money back for. With an overall package full of failure, you will expect the community to be respectful? Once again, a BIG FAT NO! Community are nothing but craptalkers, people hating other games which aren't COD, full of your parents comeback and the list will go on for months. If I had to pick an alternative to MW3, pick BF3, Crysis 2, RAGE, Homefront, F3AR, Bulletstorm, Resistance 3 and Killzone 3. Avoid this with all your life depending on it! Expand
  84. Oct 13, 2012
    fun game when ur not playing with hackers. 3/5 games. its 2012 and completely ridiculous that hackers still exist in a game like this. lets see.. its been over a year and its still $60.. countless dlc for $15 bucks which usually contains like 2 maps. and they dont care about the game once its out. sounds like EA has had a hand in this LOL gg guys.
  85. Oct 10, 2012
    I do not know why are people hating on this game..Oh wait I do know why are people hating..cuz about 95% who gave negative reviews are little battlefield 3 fanboys..ok lets cut to the chase..the campaign is short...really short but almost nobody played the campaign all to the end...cuz everybody plays the multiplayer and thats the important thing.. Its kinda similar to mw2 and graphicsI do not know why are people hating on this game..Oh wait I do know why are people hating..cuz about 95% who gave negative reviews are little battlefield 3 fanboys..ok lets cut to the chase..the campaign is short...really short but almost nobody played the campaign all to the end...cuz everybody plays the multiplayer and thats the important thing.. Its kinda similar to mw2 and graphics arent as good a bf3 but the gameplay is good its almost the same as the old counter strike 1.6 the graphics were bad but the game had a really fun mp gameplay..but there is a really big problem as in every multiplayer game and that are CHEATERS... Expand
  86. Oct 6, 2012
    Really, REALLY horrible game, old and dusty multiplayer, crappy 4 hr. campaign, basically MW2 repackaged, which was COD4 repackaged, lacks any originality.
  87. Oct 2, 2012
    When I first brought Modern Warfare 3 and played it, I very much enjoyed it but as time went on I got more and more bored of it, the reasoning why is because it
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    I did it again!!!! After terrible release of Black Ops I though they will fix gameplay and create again good game. For me graphics is not main feature in games, so will not complain about graphics which BTW looks like from 2002.
    But they didn't fix anything. Whole game ooks exactly same.. More like level pack.
    Singleplayer is boring and on multiplayer you can have fun is you love to be
    Singleplayer is boring and on multiplayer you can have fun is you love to be shot from the back each time and never able to see what's happend. No matter what's your skill game will respawn enemy ALWAYS behond your back.
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    The reviewers and metacritic were paid off to make MW3 look good. First of all, the "User score distribution" doesn't even show the ratings. See how it says 0, 0, 0? Blatant bribing. This game is nowhere near "99% Perfection," the graphics are the exact same as MW2, if not worse. The game just looks bland and dull, nothing about it is fun. It brings nothing new to the table but 3The reviewers and metacritic were paid off to make MW3 look good. First of all, the "User score distribution" doesn't even show the ratings. See how it says 0, 0, 0? Blatant bribing. This game is nowhere near "99% Perfection," the graphics are the exact same as MW2, if not worse. The game just looks bland and dull, nothing about it is fun. It brings nothing new to the table but 3 killstreak modes.. and what else? I'm 1st prestige on the multiplayer. I've put 40 hours into this game, and I deeply regret it. It's brought me nothing but rage. Expand
  90. Sep 26, 2012
    Singleplayer was average. The compaign was repetitive and unoriginal, Spec Ops missions were better, but nothing overly special. Survival however, is amazing. And makes up for the weakness of the rest of the singleplayer experience. And then there's multiplayer, which had it's unoriginality, but with that aside, was amazing. There's something for every FPS fan here. I see why there areSingleplayer was average. The compaign was repetitive and unoriginal, Spec Ops missions were better, but nothing overly special. Survival however, is amazing. And makes up for the weakness of the rest of the singleplayer experience. And then there's multiplayer, which had it's unoriginality, but with that aside, was amazing. There's something for every FPS fan here. I see why there are negative user reviews here, but I personally love it (Apart from the campaign and spec ops missions, which were still good) Expand
  91. Sep 25, 2012
    Great game. Interesting story and good multiplayer. Always loved the game from Infinity Ward. I hope that the next part of the Modern Warfare franchise will only get better
  92. Sep 18, 2012
    Modern Warfare's past success is it's own worst enemy. Similar to other big franchises MW3 leans heavily on what made the series popular, so much so that it at times can come across as uninspired. >< That's not to say there isn't still a good deal of new content, just that it's very familiar. Campaign mode, Special Ops, and Multiplayer are all pretty solid, and as a whole make for a prettyModern Warfare's past success is it's own worst enemy. Similar to other big franchises MW3 leans heavily on what made the series popular, so much so that it at times can come across as uninspired. >< That's not to say there isn't still a good deal of new content, just that it's very familiar. Campaign mode, Special Ops, and Multiplayer are all pretty solid, and as a whole make for a pretty good game. >< My complaints mainly are multiplayer related. The foremost being an overall lack of balance . The pace of a typical MW3 match, regardless of game mode, or the objectives, quickly turns into and spray and pray gib-fest. Guns are terribly unbalanced as is the Perk system. It's ridiculous at how overpowered some weapons are over others. The whole pitch about "choose how you want to play based on weapon and perk choice" should have read "choose how you want to play using "this OP" type of gun and "these OP" perks or else lose". >< Another issue with multiplayer is lag. Matchmaking is a crapshoot, hosts are chosen seemingly at random, (sometimes mid-game), and players are either horribly easy or about impossible to hit because of lag. >< Finally, still not enough has been done to address aim-botting and other cheats which have been an ongoing problem for years. >< TL;DR MW3 delivers on what made the series popular but multiplayer issues hamper it's strongest selling point. Expand
  93. Sep 14, 2012
    The game is good, but it's ruined by the idiotic community, most likely all the battlefield and other rival named games who come in just to ruin this game, They abuse Activision + Infinity ward's idiotic idea's of using the Valve's Steam system as the anticheat, which everyone knows does not work and just supports cheating in games. So the major problem with the game is its good, but theThe game is good, but it's ruined by the idiotic community, most likely all the battlefield and other rival named games who come in just to ruin this game, They abuse Activision + Infinity ward's idiotic idea's of using the Valve's Steam system as the anticheat, which everyone knows does not work and just supports cheating in games. So the major problem with the game is its good, but the cheaters ruin it to hell. Expand
  94. Sep 9, 2012
    Overview: This game is looking like an add-on to Modern Warfare 1. Five hour campaign, small changes in multiplayer, story full of cliches. And what is the price of this add-on? 60$! And when i realized this, i was like: "WHAT!? SIXTY BUCKS FOR THIS!?". Previously i bought MW2, and i had same feelings. Story: It's full of cliches, and hasn't any originality. Really, how many films aboutOverview: This game is looking like an add-on to Modern Warfare 1. Five hour campaign, small changes in multiplayer, story full of cliches. And what is the price of this add-on? 60$! And when i realized this, i was like: "WHAT!? SIXTY BUCKS FOR THIS!?". Previously i bought MW2, and i had same feelings. Story: It's full of cliches, and hasn't any originality. Really, how many films about bad Russians have you seen? Hundreds? Maybe more. And this game is about bad Russians too! This isn't even a game, it's an interactive film. Because in campaign you do only what you have to do. I mean, you can't choose, you're just walking through a corridor, and then watching a cut-scene.
    Gameplay: Pretty boring, but sometimes game gives you something unusual. Most of time you're just shooting stupid bots, that can't even kill you without hordes of them. But lots of weapons are making this game a bit better. Multiplayer: This is the best part of the game. Even if multiplayer looks like it's predecessor in MW2, it's still can bring a lots of fun. But it's nothing special at all, though. Zombie mode is pretty good too, it isn't so good as L4D2 is, but can be played for few hours.
  95. Aug 29, 2012
    MW1-MW2-MW3, i liked all the games very much. Though MW1 is the best, others are not so bad at all. We hope the next one will be more attractive than this one.
  96. Aug 24, 2012
    This game is terrible. Honestly, I had hope for this game, I really did. I liked World at War, loved Black Ops, but never really liked the Modern Warfare series. I thought they became more **** as they went along. I saw MW3 as a final, redeeming factor for Sledgehammer Games. And wouldn't ya know it, they screwed themselves 3 ways to Tuesday with a 12 foot pole. Story was never that goodThis game is terrible. Honestly, I had hope for this game, I really did. I liked World at War, loved Black Ops, but never really liked the Modern Warfare series. I thought they became more **** as they went along. I saw MW3 as a final, redeeming factor for Sledgehammer Games. And wouldn't ya know it, they screwed themselves 3 ways to Tuesday with a 12 foot pole. Story was never that good to begin with, but now it's just "Kill these guys because you have been for the last 2 **** games, wouldn't want any good plot change or something GOOD". Or, as I like to call it "Shoot the minorities". Multiplayer is just a waste of time. All people to is spam the most OP guns and then rant abount how good they are. Spec Ops is ok at best, hardlly a redeaming factor. Overall, buy MW1. It's $40 less and it's light years better than this game. Expand
  97. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rate 10 because I got paid $60 to buy the game. Never played it, but I'm "sure" it's a great game. Whatever you think, you can "trust" me.. =) DON'T BUY IT.... Expand
  98. Aug 21, 2012
    The Call of Duty franchise is really hitting its lows now. Same old, it should be a mod not a game.

Nothing new or interesting to mention, it's not worth the $$$ or time.

It has no reason to be on PC, they shouldn't even bother porting it to PC in the future.

I'm only happy that I was given it for free, but then again I could of gotten something much better, anything...
  99. Aug 14, 2012
    Positives-The addition of new weapons, althought not very many new weapons. The addition of Survival mode. Survival mode contains new content and a new way to play. Survival mode allows you to play the way you want, choose which weapons to use, and choose how to play.
  100. Aug 12, 2012
    Poor graphics and hacker fested matches made me quit after the few time i tried playing. Activision doesn't have a clue this has been an issue with the series and developer is nothing but money hungry. Dont waste your money Black Ops 2 looks more of the same **** graphics, but people or kids must have low IQ's. Activision supports the gang minded punk kids and probally supports thePoor graphics and hacker fested matches made me quit after the few time i tried playing. Activision doesn't have a clue this has been an issue with the series and developer is nothing but money hungry. Dont waste your money Black Ops 2 looks more of the same **** graphics, but people or kids must have low IQ's. Activision supports the gang minded punk kids and probally supports the site's that sell the cheat and hacks. I hope Activision goes bankrupt someday as well as other companies who support's players and sites that ruin good games. Expand
  101. Nov 8, 2011
    I pre-ordered both BF3 and MW3, trying not to be a fanboy to either in this comparison.

BF3 isn't perfect but MW3 is a complete joke, especially on PC. If you are even thinking about MW3 on PC, forget it, just buy MW1 or Black Ops and have at least a 10x better experience. No ranked dedicated servers? Check. No adjustable FOV? Check. No real innovation from MW2? Check. I'm not really

I'm not really one to care about graphics, but MW3's graphics are just laughable considering this is 2011. Comparing MW3 graphics to BF3 graphics is like comparing speed between a 1990 Neon and a 2012 Bugatti Veyron. BF3 gets huge props for their innovation in this department.

Audio is even worse than graphics. As another poster pointed out, the guns literally sound like paintball or BB gun. Again, a joke when compared with BF3 which makes huge innovations here again.

MW3 does have a much better campaign than BF3 though, and BF3's SP was disappointing considering what they could have done with all the new tech. Not sure how long MW3's campaign is though as I haven't finished it yet.

Post-launch support from DICE has already been fantastic, and they do truly listen to the community on changes. I remember in BFBC2 Beta, I had an issue specific to my PC relating to low CPU usage, and I got an email from a dev who personally worked with me to resolve it. This fix was including with the final game. I don't have a lot of experience with Activision, but from what I've heard the only post-launch support they give is in paid DLC's.

Overall, BF3 is definitely worth $60 where MW3 is definitely not worth $60.

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012