8.2

1. May 23, 2013
    Controll is good, cell shaded graphics perfect. and light story.
    Arcade mode and duels more hours fun.

Tarantino style actions :D
  2. May 27, 2013
    Fantastic shooting, decent voice acting (better than BiB), and great environmental and sound design. It's got a silly and fun story with Baston-style narration. I like the focus on getting high scores and combos. Texture quality and weapon variety were lacking, but for a straight shooter at this price, it's unexpectedly polished and thoroughly enjoyable. The best wild west shooter I'veFantastic shooting, decent voice acting (better than BiB), and great environmental and sound design. It's got a silly and fun story with Baston-style narration. I like the focus on getting high scores and combos. Texture quality and weapon variety were lacking, but for a straight shooter at this price, it's unexpectedly polished and thoroughly enjoyable. The best wild west shooter I've ever played, and out of all the Techland games I've experienced, I feel it's their best effort by far.

Also, you know what? I'm GLAD they didn't shoehorn in a multiplayer mode which would've taken away development time that instead went into improving the core of the game. Besides, I felt that the arcade and dueling modes suited this game much better. It's a 4 to 6-hour long, $15 singleplayer-focused experience.

It's not the greatest port, but I didn't get any issues whatsoever, and it ran at about 35 to 40 fps on my Core 2 Duo Radeon HD 6570 combo (not even an entry-level gaming machine). Didn't run into a single bug either. I was happy they added in the option to change the FOV via config files, but it should've been there since day one. At least the default was 82 horizontal which I thought was reasonable, though 90 would've been ideal. Also, while this does support resolutions for all aspect ratios, the game will always display in a 16:9 letterbox with horizontal black bars if you're running at a non-16:9 resolution. It's likely intentional for a more cinematic effect, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Just a head's up.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Im 3 Hours into the game and all i can say is that, for 15 bucks, you get good story telling and arcade shooting awesomeness! I think that its more than worth the 15 dollars that it costs! There is nothing to complain here other than some little hickups with stuttering wich im sure get patched very soon... I wish there would be more bucket titles like that in the future!

Good job techlander!
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    Great arcade shooter with immersive story-telling, included with talent trees, classic western-themed landscapes, most famous outlaws of the west and the classic western showdowns. With this game Techland made it up for their horrible CoJ: The Cartel. Overall this is an awesome western shooter with an awesome price tag: 14,99
  5. Jul 19, 2013
    Pretty good value considering the price. There isn't much variety to the gameplay, but it's very fun if you're just after a wild west killing spree.

Where it really shined for me was the story telling. The voice acting is very good, accompanying art is outstanding, and the way old Silas backtracks through his story, and happens to remember a path/opening/ladder that escaped his previous attention is quite amusing. There's not much to the actual story, a cowboy seeking revenge, but I found myself wanting to hear the story unfold.

I got about 5 hours out of one play through of the main story line. Was happy considering it cost less than $20.
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    I wasn't expecting much from this game... I just bought it because it was on sale. But I was very, very surprised. This is the most fun first person shooter I've played in a long time.
  7. Nov 3, 2013
    We all have games we look forward to playing...like i have waited to play Torchlight 2 for example, but what makes for a nice gaming moment is when you discover that little game you never heard of and it turns out to be an actual gem.

That was the case for me with Gunslinger, it was released in may 2013 but i only recently learnt of its existence, luckily the devs knew they have a great product so they were not afraid to release a demo on steam, i checked the game, was immediately in love with it, bought it next day.

Whatever opinion i might have of the previous instalments of the CoJ series, this one is the best for me.
    Great graphics, similar to other great games like Borderlands for example, make the game stand out.

Gameplay is also unique, every shoot out looks like you are duel, like and arcade game at your local mall, the word shooting gallery comes to mind...but that's great, weapons handle and feel great, good skill trees add a bit of variety and are actually useful, there is a decent variety of enemies and the game doesn't get boring that easy.

While you play there is a great deal of narration going on, the plot is done in an amazing way, the main hero is sitting in a bar and he is telling the story of his life, often forgetting or changing some thing which in turn make the player reverse back in time or give him a chance to do something other way.

Voice acting is done well, very well, same for sounds and music in game.

The game is fairly priced and given that you can access a demo you are being treated like a respected customer.

The only drawback i would say is that game is not that long but it has a decent replay value thanks to skill trees and game modes including New Game+.

I can recommend this game to fans of wild west and anyone else alike as this is a good shooter that will make you enjoy yourself and forget about all those hate wars about which game is better etc., this is pure fun.
  8. Jul 22, 2013
    It's a very entertaining game. I can't help but feel like a badass whenever I play it. The action is so satisfying. I liked the story but I thought the ending was predictable and maybe a little cliched. As far as length of the story mode, I thought it was a bit on the short side. There is, however, an arcade mode and a duel mode but it becomes boring after a while. Overall, this game wasIt's a very entertaining game. I can't help but feel like a badass whenever I play it. The action is so satisfying. I liked the story but I thought the ending was predictable and maybe a little cliched. As far as length of the story mode, I thought it was a bit on the short side. There is, however, an arcade mode and a duel mode but it becomes boring after a while. Overall, this game was well worth my money. Expand
  9. Sep 27, 2013
    This is an exquisite arcade experience coupled with brilliant narrative. There's an impressive amount of intrinsic rewards and, although technically repetitive, I never felt like I got the slightest bored. The game kept me active and engaged throughout the entire game including the cut-scenes.

The voice acting is fantastic and entertaining throughout the entire campaign. The characters feel believable and fit right into the world of the wild west. The world constantly changes and adapts to the story and makes for highly engaging storytelling. You feel like you're both living and being told the story at the same time. It's something I've never experienced in a game before.

Controls is something the developers have absolutely aced. They are responsive, sleek and they never get in your way. They are so good that not only aren't they in the way, they also make you significantly more engaged in what you're doing.

The AI is basic yet sufficient for the task at hand. The game isn't trying to be a hardcore experience but still manages to deliver an AI good enough to, occasionally, present you with notable challenges.

Textures, style and general visuals are something that the developers seem to have had a problem with. Although it looks good and performs fantastically it still feel it's lacking in personal style. However, the gameplay compensates for this by great measure.
  10. Jan 7, 2014
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger is a well-crafted First Person Arcade Shooter and an awesome western experience. I love cell shader graphics when they work, and they definitely work here, the comic book style is neat and adds personality to the game, the music and sound effects are cool too.
    Game is only 15 dollars and you will get a lot of value for that. Besides the campaign there are other 2 modes Arcade and Duels where you can compete with your Steam friends for the highest scores.
    Now the downside, there is no multiplayer/Co-op whatsoever and it would’ve been nice if they had added some kind of horse experience, after all what’s a western without that? But even so Call of Juarez Gunslinger is absolutely fantastic, one of my favorite games and you should dare to visit the wild west with this one, do not miss it!
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    Absolutely incredible game. The graphics with the chrome engine really work with the gameplay, and the various mechanics that were implemented, such as dodging bullets, standoffs, and the upgrade system, were all really balanced added to the game. The levels were all varied, and it keeps introducing new things throughout the game that keep it from getting stale at any point. What reallyAbsolutely incredible game. The graphics with the chrome engine really work with the gameplay, and the various mechanics that were implemented, such as dodging bullets, standoffs, and the upgrade system, were all really balanced added to the game. The levels were all varied, and it keeps introducing new things throughout the game that keep it from getting stale at any point. What really drives this game is the story, which is award-worthy. It's the kind of FPS game storytelling that call of duty or other major franchises wish they could do. The only negative things I could say about this game are that I wish there were some kind of multiplayer, either coop or some kind of deathmatch, because implementing these mechanics in multiplayer seems like it would be really fun. It's amazing how much went into this game for a budget title, well worth the price. This may not have a lot of features, like a lot of hidden unlockables or multiplayer, but what it does, it does very well. Considering that this game is better on many aspects than some full-price games released around the same time, and it it is well deserving of a 10/10 rating. Expand
  12. Feb 7, 2014
    The game is epic and intense there are moments in the game that feel like your in the game only rare and some games have that feeling the gameplay is beautiful and this game has a long campan even when this game is on 1 disk and I played the game on Xbox and PC. on PC it feels epic because of the mouse on xbox its feeling is dull and boring take my word for it and get this game on PC
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    antastic shooting, decent voice acting (better than BiB), and great environmental and sound design. It's got a silly and fun story with Baston-style narration.This is a good arcade shooter with not too much seriousness but enough blood to make it fun :D
  14. Mar 4, 2014
    This is truly one the best gunslinger type games ever I think everyone should try it. It gives you a truly epic wild west game this is the type of games that should have a higer price tag but the creators are amazing I say its worth the 15 bucks.
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    Nice! West, duels, no hud, no hints, challenging fights, chickens and cows. What else do you want? It is little more than a rail shooter, but a very nice and good at that. And the plot is also quite nice, narrator and voice actors in general good good good. 85/100, going to master all the challenges now.
  16. May 23, 2013
    Just got done playing through the main story and have to say it was an awesome ride. Gameplay is great fun, shooting feels very good and trying to rack up higher scores is awesome, the graphics look great, weapons sound as you would expect and the storytelling is done in a very original and sometimes quite amusing fashion. The story itself certainly isn't as revolutionary as BioshockJust got done playing through the main story and have to say it was an awesome ride. Gameplay is great fun, shooting feels very good and trying to rack up higher scores is awesome, the graphics look great, weapons sound as you would expect and the storytelling is done in a very original and sometimes quite amusing fashion. The story itself certainly isn't as revolutionary as Bioshock Infinity's to name a great example, but it did keep me wondering til the end. The Nuggets of Truth (essentially this game's secrets hidden throughout the levels) are a great feature as they give the player background information on famous wild west figures and events this game has definitely told me a few "nice to know" things, even though I'm sure not everybody cares about stuff like that. Also, there seems to still be plenty of stuff to do after finishing the main story another difficulty mode that let's you keep all the unlocked skills, a game mode to just go after high scores, and for those who loved the story mode duels, you can also replay those for high scores. Can only recommend this game, especially considering the low price! Expand
  17. May 28, 2013
    Great game, great story.
    This is probaly one of the best wild west games, besides Red Dead Redemption.
    This game is worth the 15 euro on Steam, who doesn't love a game with Billy the kid, Pat Garrett and Jesse James?
    Go buy this game now and stop reading the reviews, this is clearly one of the best games of 2013.
  18. May 23, 2013
    After the disappointing mess that was "Call of Juarez: The Cartel", the series managed to return to the old Western roots while still making it refreshing and enjoyable. The story telling and voice acting is, in my opinion of course, the best of the series, creating its most lovable and memorable character yet, Silas Greaves. The way the story is told beautifully connects to the flawlessAfter the disappointing mess that was "Call of Juarez: The Cartel", the series managed to return to the old Western roots while still making it refreshing and enjoyable. The story telling and voice acting is, in my opinion of course, the best of the series, creating its most lovable and memorable character yet, Silas Greaves. The way the story is told beautifully connects to the flawless FPS controls. The game looks gorgeous, from its Borderlands-styled graphics in the environment to the blood gushing from the enemie's face after pulling of a satisfying headshot in Concentration Mode, making you feel like a real Western bad ass. The only very minor flaws are the frame rate and the low FOV, but since the FOV almost never gets in the way of shooting some in the knee cap, it's very forgivable, combined with all the amusing content "Gunslinger" has to offer.

As a fifteen dollar arcade game, "Call of Juarez: Gunslinger" offers more fun than most of today's fifty dollar games even manage to get close to.

Gorgeous, classic, amusing: everything a great and enjoyable game has to be. 10/10.
  19. May 23, 2013
    Great action western game, is all nice, song, graphics, sound, gameplay, and mainly the main character. The narrative of game is the point here, the narrative depends of your decisions, Silas Greaves (protagonist) tells what you do in game on real time. Very fun.
  20. May 25, 2013
    I dont understand how all the game magazines could rate this game 70 I just dont get it. This game has GREAT western story telling and incredibly fun gunplay, good music and a great song on one part of the story.. rating the whole package 70 is just plain wrong. Its like not honoring a cream cheese bagel it is AT LEAST 80... I wonder what IGNorants are going to say to the pc version ForI dont understand how all the game magazines could rate this game 70 I just dont get it. This game has GREAT western story telling and incredibly fun gunplay, good music and a great song on one part of the story.. rating the whole package 70 is just plain wrong. Its like not honoring a cream cheese bagel it is AT LEAST 80... I wonder what IGNorants are going to say to the pc version For me, i love everything about this game and so should you! Expand
  21. May 23, 2013
    I freaking love this game! Call of Juarez was an excellent choice after the horrible game "The Cartel".
    The gameplay is amazing, the RPG-ish elements to it (The leveling system), the graphics look good, the story was cool, and western games are usually awesome. This was really well done by Techland.
  22. May 24, 2013
    Finally managed to make the game playable, but only after screwing around with the graphics settings for an hour.
    This game is amazing if you get it to work properly, really fun and addicting, almost on par with bound in blood.
    The only negative that I can really think of, is that the story is just.... ok. Definitely worse than the story in the first CoJ which was just plain awesome. In
    In the end its all about the game play which was tons of fun, recommend to all who like a bit of mindless shooting now and again.
  23. Jun 1, 2013
    call of juarez gunslinger is a great fun game!!!! the game has few and little stuff it doesnt do right, but for 15$ its really worth the money. the voice acting in the game is great. the game also tells the story in a really awesome and unique way. the guns feel strong and powerful. the gunplay is just plain fun. the collectibles are exellent as well. they tell real stories about the wildcall of juarez gunslinger is a great fun game!!!! the game has few and little stuff it doesnt do right, but for 15$ its really worth the money. the voice acting in the game is great. the game also tells the story in a really awesome and unique way. the guns feel strong and powerful. the gunplay is just plain fun. the collectibles are exellent as well. they tell real stories about the wild west. this stories are really interesting and make for great collectibles. the music isnt particularly good, but it feels in context with the game( dont take me wrong im not hating on the music i actually pretty like it). another really good aspect of gunslinger is the graphics. the graphics are actually really good. some lighting effects are spectacular. another really strong aspect about the game is the artstyle. its just amazing. there are tons of views and vistas to marvel at. the game has a great old west feel, and they really nailed hit. the music, artstyle and leveldesign really made a good wild west atmosphere. there are also little stuff that are done pretty well. introductions to guns and people are really cool. dual wielding pistols is also really fun.
    the story is good. it moves the action pretty good and it gets better along the way. the cutscenes have a cool style.
    now to the bad stuff. the thing that most annoyed me is the dueling system. ITS ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!!!! the dueling system is annoying. its a good idea, but its executed really bad. another annoying thing is that some times death feels cheap. the game has a few bugs and glitches, theyre not so bad though. the game also could have benefited of more guns. my final complaint is that the game is a bit repetetive. its not too bad, but considering how the locations are varied its a bit disapointing that the gameplay is always the same dont get me wrong, the gameplay is really fun and great but they should have put more different gameplay to spice things up)
    overall i really enjoyed call of juarez gunslinger!!! this is a great shooter, and for 15$ its totally worth it. if you want a wild west game, than this is what your looking for, its just awesome!!!!!!!!
  24. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game with great story telling and excellent visuals. This game took my breathe away with its scenery. I was constantly checking my CPU temp wondering why this game ran so smoothly when it looks so gorgeous. I cant stress enough how well done the environment was designed, and how shocked I am at how little resources it needs to run it.
    Actual gameplay is linear and frankly, basic.
    Actual gameplay is linear and frankly, basic. But this game brings a lot of individualism to the table. The storytelling and artistic elements are what make this game a quality title. There are also a lot of genuine wild west references, so western fans will get a huge kick out of this game.
    Overall, this game offers nothing new or intuitive in terms of gameplay, but has some amazing storytelling, beautiful and high quality graphics, and a lot of good humor.
    At a base price of 15 bucks, this game is a worthy buy for any fps fan.
  25. May 24, 2013
    CoJ:Gunslinger isn't pretending for "best-game-ever" title. It has one simple task: make the boys soul happy. And it complete this task perfectly. U made nice headshot? Game wil highlight it! U made big-badda-bum with explosive barrels? Get the "c-c-combo points". Found new There is story behind(full of jokes). Do u like cool phrases? Now u can yell: "I can dodge the bullets, baby!"CoJ:Gunslinger isn't pretending for "best-game-ever" title. It has one simple task: make the boys soul happy. And it complete this task perfectly. U made nice headshot? Game wil highlight it! U made big-badda-bum with explosive barrels? Get the "c-c-combo points". Found new There is story behind(full of jokes). Do u like cool phrases? Now u can yell: "I can dodge the bullets, baby!"

Call of Jurez: Gunslinger is very entertaining game. Best thing to erase tiredness and make ur sooul happy.
  26. May 25, 2013
    I've played the other Call of Juarez games. The first two where all about the great wild west. I've enjoyed that setting very much because it's not much out there in video games.
    The third game wasn't what everyone expected it to be so this is a great step back in the right direction.

The setting is amazing, smoked trough cowboy Silas is telling a story while you play it. With big shootouts, names you'll know from the history books and great looking environments.

Sure it's not top of the line with CoD or Battlefield, but remember this is not a full priced game.

Pros:
    - Shootouts
    - Story
    - Environments

Cons:
    - The standoffs aren't that spectacular
    - The health indication feels a bit strange.

Conclusion: Some minor issues but for the price of 15 bucks, This game is surely BANG for your bucks
  27. May 24, 2013
    Its so much better then i ever thought soo satysfiying gun blazing I love narrators and story and for 15 euros its the best u can buy Blood Dragon is awesome also)
  28. May 23, 2013
    best arcade game i have ever played,call of juarez is back to what it was.after the Disappointment of the cartel that wasnt the worst gajme ever but it was very average.i thought that it deserve a 5/10.so after that ubisoft didnt want to spent a lot of money on the game so they did this game and asked for 15 bucks price.this game deserve way more than 15 bucks.the gameplay is the bestbest arcade game i have ever played,call of juarez is back to what it was.after the Disappointment of the cartel that wasnt the worst gajme ever but it was very average.i thought that it deserve a 5/10.so after that ubisoft didnt want to spent a lot of money on the game so they did this game and asked for 15 bucks price.this game deserve way more than 15 bucks.the gameplay is the best gameplay in the call of juarez series,another great thing that the game doesnt take itself to seriously.the only thing i didnt like in the other games of the series that they took thamself so seriously.and here come gunslinger to fix this problem and that why its deserve a10/10. Expand
  29. May 22, 2013
    The game for what it is, a straight up arcade badass western shooter, is excellent.. Awesome narration and extremely fun gunplay makes this game a cant-miss for a budget price!
  30. May 22, 2013
    Amazing, Call of juarez it´s back and it will win a lot of new fans. Perfect sound, more than decent graphics, plenty action, nice narrative, no multiplayer(becose this way the game it´s longer), and it is more than amazing, one of the best games i had ever played in a long time. Don´t wait more and make your self with a copy.

!The wild west is back!

1. Jul 30, 2013
    The Call of Juarez series has had its ups and downs over the years, but Gunslinger stands proud—not only against its own checkered past, but against the FPS genre as a whole. It may not be a subtle or particularly nuanced experience, but it's certainly a cracking good time delivered with a style and confidence that's rarely seen in a full-priced title, let alone a $15 download.
    Call of Juarez returns to western genre, and that is fine. A pity though, it imitates itself, even its competition. However, this story is worth it even without a happy-ending. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    Don’t mistake price for quality – this is a top-notch shooter, limited in resources but not in heart.