8.0

1. Mar 16, 2011
    That's what i call one of the best games of all time! I was waiting a western game like for ever and it finally came true. What can i say, i felt in love with that game... Each mission is like having sex with the most beautiful girls on this planet. The storyline is just perfect, the voice acting was so well performed that i thought i was in there in real-time! At the End it was so deep that i started to cry, yup its true.
    i so loved the duels like the old wild west, riding a horse,... The caracters really had an incredible story to tell. Every weapon on that game is unique. Every mission was diferent, like i was playing a new game of call of juarez.
    Chrome Engine really did a great touch on the graphics, i will definitely watch every game what will be released with that engine. The gameplay is awesome, AI is like they would be real enemies, lile they were defending and attacking by them selfs without any scripts, superb.
    This game should have more sales, Techland really deserved having more profits. Multiplayer of that game is unique, so awesome... I could spend the whole day to praise that game... I do want a sequel but wild west too...
    Let's see how Cal of Juarez:the Cartel will be, hope another awesome game like Bound in Blood.
    Thank you for that great Game Techland and for publishing it Ubisoft, i'm so thankfull
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    Great game with replay value because I'm now playing it again. The graphics are pretty darned good for that time period. The in game vistas are stunning. The western style, cowboy music is great. The voice acting particularly Ray's and Billie's, are perfect. My ONLY objection is the dead eye accuracy and radar vision of the A.I. As the player I wish I could shoot and spot the enemy that accurately. Use your quick save function liberally. Other than that I wish more games of this superb quality in this genre would come out. Expand

1. Overall Juarez is not a bad FPS, with its unusual setting and unique approach; it’s just not as good as it could have been, suffering as it does from some real wasted potential.
  2. The presentation is nothing short of stunning in places, but is nothing above terrible in others. It hooks you at the beginning with a promising storyline and the popular setting, but just seems to not care if it keeps you on the line or not, sinking into mediocrity way too often to ever draw you all the way in.
  3. When was the last time you played a game where you could make your horse slide down the face of a cliff, shooting with the six-gun in your left hand while reading from the Bible in your right? [Oct 2006, p.84]