7.0

1. Jan 26, 2014
    The idea is good, but too simple as a simulator.
    You can disassemble Just drive system, many parts have been omitted.
    It is only possible to repeat simple puzzles again and again without a story.
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    You get to use one tool which you can use to remove all the parts on the car. There is close to no variation when it comes to the tasks, the cars, the layouts. So far all the cars are fwd, all petrol, the engine sounds are the same. This is not even close to gearheads garage as someone else pointed out. For gods sake look at Automation if you want realism, and thats an indie title inYou get to use one tool which you can use to remove all the parts on the car. There is close to no variation when it comes to the tasks, the cars, the layouts. So far all the cars are fwd, all petrol, the engine sounds are the same. This is not even close to gearheads garage as someone else pointed out. For gods sake look at Automation if you want realism, and thats an indie title in alpha. You cant even take the engine apart which is a HUGE minus at least from me. I uninstalled this game and wont pick it up again. Expand
  3. Apr 28, 2014
    This game has a steep learning assumes you know everything about cars. I wanted to get this game to learn more about cars and see what makes a car tick, but instead I'm looking on the internet to see were the part i need to fix are on the car, this game is not for people like me who know nothing about cars.
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    Good idea, poorly executed.
    This game is not the first of it's kind. The idea is quite similar to Street Rod for Amiga and PC in late 80's and also (or more so) Gearhead Garage released 15 years ago - you repair cars to earn money and get new jobs.
    Good idea, poorly executed.
    Problem is that the game is very shallow. It could have been much more, but it looks like the developer decided to rush the release without thinking through all the mechanics.
    Examples:

- test drive is absolutely useless. All it does is reveal upon completion the condition of some parts by coloring them appropriately. Unfortunately the condition of the car does not influence the behavior during driving. Whether it's got no brakes, or is tuned over 450hp, it will drive exactly the same.
    - money you earn on the jobs (and earning is extremely easy) buys you... nothing. Only thing you can buy is a set of new skills, which in turn will earn you more money that you can invest in skills... yeah, that's really innovative. Actually you don't need to invest in ANY skills to progress. You automatically receive new and better workshops after completing around 20 jobs on each level, there is no workshop management, upkeep etc.
    - there is only one tool you use to work on the car. You can buy a skill to improve its speed, but it is not essential
    - interface needs keyboard shortcuts, it is a pain to right click into menu every time I need to change work mode
    - part set is very limited. Actually every single car layout is the same, all i4, v6 motors are exactly the same, using the same parts.
    - at the beginning you can apply for a loan. Doing so will give you additional $5000, and it looks like you never have to pay it back. Actually I don't think you can, there is no option to do so.

Overall the game gets a 3 from me. There is no sense of progression, no pressure at all to keep the garage running - just tedious grind with no reward.
    Driving is useless, at least in Hot Rod that was released 25 years ago you could race the cars you built!
  5. Feb 8, 2014
    Nice idea but only if you're someone who has never worked on cars before, otherwise this is way too basic. The camera controls are annoying most the time and most of it is quite repetitive.
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    What a fu**ing waste of time!
    What a fu**ing waste of time!
    I wanted to play it, I really did, but I couldn't. It's so frustrating!! Undo every bolt, look around the car hopelessly, what am I a fu**ing robot?? They could have atleast managed to make an in-game hint list or something, but you got nothing. If you know fully how to disassemble a car from all the angles, good for you, however, for those who don't know - f**k you! The game gives you one lousy tutorial, in which you repeat the same s**t all over again and it doesnt even teach you the basics. Every moron knows how to operate a mouse! Click fest! I did not enjoy any of it. At all.

Avoid this game, it's horrible..

Better do mechanics in real life, it's more interesting.

"It's so bad it isn't even funny"

Ever wanted to play a game so bad you just went out and bought it?

Well, I did. And it didn't end well. It was a disaster right from the start.

DON'T BUY IT!

1. Apr 3, 2014
    Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 lacks the variety to entertain for very long, or the depth to succeed as a simulator. It’s nothing more than a series of one note puzzles.
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 2, 2014
    Reaching newer car models or chip tuning takes much too long but Car Mechanic Simulator’s detailed visuals look good for a low budget title and the game offers a chance to learn something really useful. [04/2014, p.61]
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    More of an "encyclopedia of car service" than a game. Still, it has its good moments.