7.5

Jun 30, 2002
    Wicked, totally wicked.
  2. Dio
    Jul 20, 2002
    Nice game overall, much better from the C1 I used to play and with great timed missions too. I don't like the way damage is dealt though.
  3. CalR.
    Sep 8, 2002
    A game way ahead of its time, hence the poor reviews at its debut. Running on a Geforce4+ will give you absolutely beutiful graphics, and very smooth animation and effects (after you enable the 64MB textures hack). True the timer is a letdown, but you can 'freedrive' so you can drive around and kill everything/ explore everything. I can only hope they make a carmageddon for the A game way ahead of its time, hence the poor reviews at its debut. Running on a Geforce4+ will give you absolutely beutiful graphics, and very smooth animation and effects (after you enable the 64MB textures hack). True the timer is a letdown, but you can 'freedrive' so you can drive around and kill everything/ explore everything. I can only hope they make a carmageddon for the xbox (which would be graphically one of the best games out there, no doubt). Expand
  4. AndyPocalypse
    Jan 8, 2003
    It is a very good game, but it don't have the vastness of the original or the sequel, but still well worth buying.
  5. Feeblez
    May 16, 2003
    This must be one of the most underated games ever! True, when it first came out the framerate was a little poor on most people's hardware. But fortunately unlike Carmageddon 2 the game plays really smooth on a modern gfx card. (make sure texture filtering is set to Linear or Triliner so the textures don't look blocky!) The spectacular physics on display in this game are only This must be one of the most underated games ever! True, when it first came out the framerate was a little poor on most people's hardware. But fortunately unlike Carmageddon 2 the game plays really smooth on a modern gfx card. (make sure texture filtering is set to Linear or Triliner so the textures don't look blocky!) The spectacular physics on display in this game are only just starting to be seen in stuff like Half-life 2! I don't know what the reviewer's problem is with the timed missions, sure it may take a few attempts to do each mission, but isn't this the same for all the over hyped and comparatively dull console driving games we play today? I am slightly turned off by gore in games (Soldier of Fortune), but this game has a really fun sense of humour, so make sure you install the red blood patch! The game is hillarious and addictive at the same time, and unlike Midtown Madness 1/2 and GTA3/Vice City on the PC you shouldn't get nasty graphical glitches that make the thing unplayable on a large percentage of machines. Expand
  6. Feeblez
    May 16, 2003
  7. Satansbestfriend
    May 22, 2003
    THIS GAME RULES!!!!!!
  8. Billy
    Aug 15, 2003
    This game kicks ass its better then the 2nd one!!!!!!
  9. AnotherVoterS.
    Apr 24, 2004
    +Improved Graphic I dont like -the cars -the physics, -the maps -the buildings -the zombies... Well i have a new comp now so i give it another go ;-)
  10. MIniumDamn
    May 10, 2004
    Very Nice.
    Aug 27, 2004
    This game is worse than 2nd one...there are no real physics and no nothing...damage is worse i ever seen...shit, crap and nothing...i wanted this game so much when it was unreleased...and now this is worse than crap i ever seen...this game SUCKS TOTALLY...i hope that carma4 will be better...
  12. JoshuaB.
    May 10, 2005
    First of all, I don't like games like NFS, because even a little mistake can be fatal. But in Carmageddon you can run every way you like! And even a serious mistake is not fatal, and a lost time in case of mistake can be compensated with your good futher driving! You can do everything! TDR2000 has better graphics then C2, mission more interesting, but usual races are not so First of all, I don't like games like NFS, because even a little mistake can be fatal. But in Carmageddon you can run every way you like! And even a serious mistake is not fatal, and a lost time in case of mistake can be compensated with your good futher driving! You can do everything! TDR2000 has better graphics then C2, mission more interesting, but usual races are not so interesting than in C2. Police cars is not god add-on, I take not much pleasure trying to wreck non-wreckable police cars. Viewing distance is significally bigger, and it is a big plus! (setting "MaxYonFactor" more than 35 hangs up C2 when AI car is trying to recover) In most times phisycs are better. I didn't play over network, but I think C2 will be more interesting. Expand
  13. RadekK.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Definitely worse than 1st and 2nd Carmageddon. Time limits, physics of car, missions - everything has got worse.
  14. KielM.
    Nov 11, 2002
    This game could use better graphic.. but i believe it would slow it down to much and create a higher demand on better video cards.. by keeping it like this.. makes it more playable to more users!!
  15. GuyR.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Carmagedon is the best game ever made. It is the greatest and most fun of any game. And TDR2000 is the best of the series. Definitely a great buy!
  16. SamS.
    Aug 17, 2002
    Best game playable on XP. There has never been so many objects hidden places and great graphics in any game with the exception of mabey Commanche 4. TDR make the highly overated nascar games seem total dull and numbing. All one can do whith them is run aroud cheesy loking track. TDR has things I am still discovering even after 1.5 years of play.
  17. Zhanatus
    Aug 8, 2002
    Hey this is a great game Not by the graphics or sounds but by the idea.
  18. Alex
    Jul 17, 2003
    This game sucked. What happened ?!?!? CARMA 2 was unbelievable. the damage blows me away. the graphics. the gameplay is smooth and exciting. TRD i really wanted to like, but the game just plain sucked. the cars are not realistic (I mean : A guy that spins inside a wheel what kinda crap is that) zombies are crappy. and u can't race properly.
  19. JesusA.
    Jul 21, 2003
    Sorry, this game simply doesn't add up. The physics have been completly thrown out of the window to make it more arcade style game, and the fun of havocing other cars simply isnt that fun anymore when you have indestructable police cars chasing you. C2 with a new set of missions, and some updates to the network core and maybe some updates to the gfx engine would have been much better.
  20. RooBah
    Oct 24, 2003
    Comon, jesus...lol (did I just say that?).. while I can agree that its not a 10 due to some net problems, it certainly has never been anything CLOSE to a simulation. It haws stunning gfx and use of AA... the framerates are more than tolerable on my P3-667, 512 meg, GF2 mx400 system. I would like to know how to use the replay output device though.
  21. Whocares
    May 21, 2003
    this game rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best game i ever played[and i played a lot of games]
  22. Harry
    Jul 11, 2004
    Awesome.
  23. Oct 26, 2013
    Not the best of the series, but still not the worst game of all time. If can get fun and addictive after a while, but you have to ignore some flaws it has.

You know you've got problems when the top quote on the box tells you that Maxim gave the game five out of five stars. I mean, that should tell you something immediately, right?
    While the vehicular slaughtering remains satisfyingly gruesome in looks and sound, the graphics of the rest of the game have taken a step back -- Carmageddon 3 suffers from lousy frame rates and animation slowdowns.
  3. Mission frustration will have most gamers utilizing cheats to move on to the next level.