7.9

1. Nov 8, 2012
    Although I found it a bit weird that it took 4 years after the initial release on the Xbox 360, for it to come out on PC, it still doesn't really matter, because I finally have it, and I have finally enjoyed it. Castle Crashers for PC is just like the Xbox 360 and PS3 version. Fun, medieval sword fighting against evil knights, monsters, and strange creatures. The game is very nicely done, with good graphics, and fun, addicting levels and gameplay. Castle Crashers is best enjoyed through online multiplayer with friends or strangers. That said, the game lets you enable voice chat for a more fun multiplayer experience. I seriously think it's a powerful, and engaging fighting experience. Even if it is very cartoony. CC for PC receives a 9/10 from me. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    piece of pay2win game i played my friend and he did 15 damage stupid game hackers really bad i dont like the combat is bad cause i have a hot girlfriend
  3. Jan 5, 2014
    Probably the best fun I've had with a beat em up since I played Target Renegade on the C64. I bought it thinking I probably wouldn't play much then I got completely sucked in and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    Game: Castle Crashers Genre: Beat Em Up RPG Developer: The Behemoth System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 90/100 Value Score: 9.0/10 Castle Crashers was originally a console exclusive indie Beat Em Up game but now it's available on Steam for a decent price alongside its DLC. The game consists of a medieval style plot, with humor and a lot of blood and gore added to the mix with its Beat Em Up gameplay style that clearly will scream nostalgia for fans of Streets of Rage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Battletoads and Final Fight it also includes a RPG Leveling up system which adds a bit more depth to the overall gameplay experience as you can increase your stats or learn new attacks. The game also provides a great multiplayer experience with up to 4 players who can engage in the main campaign which comes in two difficulty flavors or duke it out in a arena type PVP style mode.

• Story: 9/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

+Nostalgic Beat Em Up Genre
    +Great Multiplayer
    +RPG style level up system which includes powering up stats and learning techniques and skills.
    +Different difficulty modes
    +Versus modes/PVP
    +Unique art style and animations not seen in most games
    +Play as different types of characters with their own fighting style
    +A lot of great humor added throughout the game.
    +Decent plotline

-Really short in its main campaign
  5. Nov 22, 2012
    Just as great as the xbox version. Playing with friends is easy, total steam integration is a plus. The default keyboard controls work fine but they display xbox buttons in the ui for interactions, so if you don't read the control scheme beforehand you might fumble around once in a while. Obviously meant to be played with a gamepad but -1 for a lazy ui port.
  6. Jan 28, 2013
    One of the best indie games ever made hands down. It has it all. Excellent fluid gameplay that stands up to multiple playthroughs. Humor. Difficulty. AND IT'S CHEAP AS DIRT. Now that's what an indie game should be. High quality oldschool gameplay for a few dollars. Forget all these boring cookie cutter art games coming out. I want to PLAY my games.
  7. Sep 8, 2013
    This game is a fantastic, easy to pick up, beat them up coop experience.
    It has character development, lots of humor combos and it's really easy to pick up and learn.
    I doubt the solo experience it's even rewarding, but when playing this game on coop, it's really great
    Sometimes the fighting gets "smash the buttons I do not see anything" but overall, it encourages you
    to go ahead on
    the game.
    really good game that can be purchased very cheap.
    3 game modes that are great
  8. Mar 4, 2014
    Just like on XBOX, it still just as good and fun. I love that this game supported Full control which is nice so I can just sit back and play it just like how I would play it on an XBOX.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

An absolute addiction, a thoroughly entertaining beat’em up. Despite its age (it was first released for the Xbox, four years ago), it’s a first class option for frantic co-op mayhem. [November 2012]
  2. Sep 28, 2012