Castle Strike PC

7.5

1. Dr.Killfrenzy
    Apr 22, 2004
    I do not fully agree with the CVG review in that you can see your troops when they are obscured by mountains, buildings etc. If you just select the right option you can see obscured troops. It really irritates me that a review can be so neglective about such a big thing. If they would just REALLY get into the game, the would have known. Anyway, they are right that the camera is too jumpy I do not fully agree with the CVG review in that you can see your troops when they are obscured by mountains, buildings etc. If you just select the right option you can see obscured troops. It really irritates me that a review can be so neglective about such a big thing. If they would just REALLY get into the game, the would have known. Anyway, they are right that the camera is too jumpy and selecting troops is difficult because the highest level of zooming out still does not give enough overview. Other than that, I do not really mind the linear build up of the campaign mode. Since when is that an issue in RTS? The good part in this game is the multiplay. If you get over the lack of overview, you have a beautiful gaming experience. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. The camera has a tendency to misbehave, leaving your troops obscured by mountains during battles and your workers hidden behind city walls. What's more, the linearity of the missions negates much of the game's strategic subtlety, while selecting troops is clumsy.
  2. The single-player campaign does a great job of going against the build-a-base-and-kill-everything grain that is the stock-and-trade of the RTS scene. Plus, it infuses some inspired missions into the mix, keeping you interested and coming back for more.
  3. A solid and entertaining RTS game, once you figure out the controls, that is.