7.8

1. Feb 25, 2014
    I liked the first one and I like this one too. I don't care to give a full review right now just had to state that I would score it 8 out of 10 normally but because there are morons who give games 0's only because it's not as good as the original, I had to rate it 10 to make up for this stupidity. 0 means the game is completely broken and unplayable and enjoyment was impossible. When you give 0's to games that are clearly not even close to being that bad, your just showing that your either under the age of 18 and still rather stupid or your just rather stupid altogether. Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    GREAT GAME do not listen to some paid reviewers. The game has improved gameplay and a better camera from the original the voices are also excellent and the graphics are nicely done and the music is really fitting and epic. The only bad about it is the stealth part which is a bit weak and annoying but except from that the game is very fun.(Be warned a gamepad is recommended)
  3. Feb 27, 2014
    Now they know how to make a good 3D game ,well done ! The game is better than the previous one .The moves is easy to use and the magic is really something .Maybe it's not a perfect Castlevania game ,but it's no doubt a good action game .
  4. Feb 26, 2014
    I spent about 9 hours so far playing Lords of Shadow 2 and have not had anything but great experiences. MANY of these reviews i'm reading are speaking about the stealth sections which I have had 0 problems with. Sure, I died twice hiding from a certain bullheaded demon and put myself in a loop not knowing where to go, but eventually I figured it out because in games....that's what you do?

I keep seeing "flawed mechanics" as a common thing in all of these reviews, but not how they're actually flawed. Or that the new world parts of the game are not "Castlevania" but so far in my 9 hours of playing i've spent the most time in the castle world rather than the real.

The "Drab Locations" argument is not something I understand, every place I've been in the game so far seems very different and unique>

Load times is a complaint, though I'm not sure I'm experiencing the same thing that console users will as i'm running this on a high end PC. yes, I know the loadtimes are fooling me with a in between animation that forces the user to walk to the portal (while the game loads) but my experience has been seamless on PC.

I give it a 9 out of 10 simply for the fact that some of the areas it wasn't clear exactly which way you should be going, and without an arrow to tell me it's impossible to figure out on my own without "pixel hunting" for a jump spot. The original Lords of Shadow had not this issue, but tons of others which have been drastically improved for this game.
  5. Feb 27, 2014
    Castlevania series is synonymous to all the gamers as a classic and is a milestone in the gaming industry. The reboot of this series as "Castlevania: Lords of shadow" is perhaps the best reboot and it succeeded in every aspects (graphics, gameplay, music etc.).
    Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2 is a great game. It really combines all the aspects perfectly. It has great story, beautiful voice
    acting has been done, good gameplay mechanics, adrenaline pumping boss-fights and has some of the most beautiful and hypnotizing visuals. I urge every gamer to play it and enjoy it. I give it a perfect 10/10 score to this masterpiece.
    Certainly last but not the least there are some to whom this game is bad or not good or piece of crap and even score it so less (2,1 or even a big "0" too) it is totally misleading which causes many of the gamers to skip this title. So don't misguide others just because you don't like it. If you don't like it then do give strong proof so as to support your judgement upon which every one can agree.
  6. Feb 27, 2014
    I think I am playing a different game than the mainstream "game journalists". I loved LOS and this sequel is every bit as good. The combat mechanics are improved quite a bit and the new skill mastery system is great. Visually this game is an artistic masterpiece (PC version) and it oozes atmosphere. This is simply a great character action game with strong gameplay mechanics and some of the most atmospheric art/design found in any game. I have lost what little faith I had in game "journalists". They seem unable to appreciate anything that isn't the latest brown, rehash from their ad-buying, corporate overlords at EA, Ubi and Activision. There's absolutely nothing mediocre about LOS2. Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2014
    Having recently finished the original LOS, LOS2 actually continues the experience using pretty the same of everything I have gotten used to in the original... from the combat mechanics to the controls, which, to me, is actually a good thing, because I am playing this game mainly as a continuation of that story. On that aspect, I can see how it might be a little boring to non-fans of the series or first timers because taken on its own, Dracula with those few powers just feels a little boring and vulnerable. However, when taking it all in as a continuation of the original game, it just fits right in. Dracula still feels very much like Gabriel Belmont and there is no disconnect between the two characters which I felt was an important design consideration. Make Dracula too much of a vampire and then it gets disconnected from the Gabriel Belmont experience which is so important to the survival of this game. As such, this game is fated and destined to be a fanboy game with low ratings from the pros and high ratings from the fans. Consider me a fanboy. :) Expand
  8. Feb 26, 2014
    About a couple hours before the game was unlocked on Steam, I read many reviews and got concerned (The PC Gamer one was atroscious). "Stealth" parts, bad story, bad combat...

What I got when I played, was pretty great. I'm about 9 hours into the thing and I like it more than the original. The combat is better than the first game in my opinion, with three weapons and tons of abilities
    for each weapon.

The "Stealth" parts are very few, and are less Stealthy and more just puzzles, which were always fun in the first game and still are. I've never been caught once in the stealth, and this far into the game there were two stealth sections, maybe two minutes the first time, 10 the second. The rats are mainly used to access secret areas and explore the developer's very well-thought out level design.

The story is neat. Seeing Zobek again is cool, and seeing some of the Belmonts come back, including Alucard, is awesome for fans of the earlier games (These are not spoilers).

Another complain is environmental design. And while I have to somewhat agree with people on the London missions, they are fairly short. I found that you spend way more time inside Dracula's Castle in his manifested version of it, fighting interesting enemies and meeting up with familiar faces from not only the previous game, but from general folklore. The Manifested Castle portions of the game seem like a "Metroidvania" setting. The game is no longer completely linear in this regard. You are free to explore the castle and as you unlock more abilities, you can go into areas you could not previously reach, a true staple of "Metroidvaia"

I was worried going into it, but the game is great. If I have any advice, it's that don't ever, EVER listen to reviewers. If you want to know if a game is good, play it. Many game reviewers get into the business because they have attempted before to "make it" in the gaming industry, yet fail, and end up reviewing games instead of making them. So they become reviewers. And as such of failure, they usually don't know what they're talking about.

In regards to that PC Gamer review I mentioned, I got to the farthest parts in the game where his complains end, and where he runs out of screenshots. It seems like he played the first two hours, put it down, wrote a 4 paragraph review, and published it weeks later. Lazy, lazy journalism, hopefully he is terminated from his position.
  9. Feb 26, 2014
    I have played the PS3 and PC version (Reviews on both spots, lower half is copy paste.) The biggest difference is the improved graphics in the PC, but you MUST have a console style controller to really enjoy the PC version. Fair warning.

Also, I do not like the lack of flexible saved games. What if I want to replay a section or a boss? I am really hoping they include open Saving, Steam
    Cards and more clear achievements.

Having really enjoyed the first LOS for its grand environments, dark story telling and killer action, I picked up LOS2 with solid expectations. If anything, LOS2 is darker and more brutal then LOS1. The action is much more clean, better camera and I love the Void Sword/Mastery System. Reminds me of a Final Fantasy skill tree in a good way.

The people who complain about stealth honestly have no idea what they are doing or are super bias. You spend maybe 10 minutes at a time in stealth for the most part makes perfect sense from Bram Stoker lore (Rat, wolf, mist, bat). Boss battles are visually gratifying and very exciting to play.

My only minor complaints: some areas are empty where I could be stabbing something. Not enough world/ normal Enemy diversity. The Castle and City are very cool and very deep, but we did see a lot of really cool worlds in LOS1.

Over all the paid critics have it wrong and sound like they are from a different era in gaming (obsessed with Castlevania GB or NES) or so stab happy that they cannot take a breath an enjoy a couple minutes as a dirty rat. The Fans and gamers have it right. LOS2 9/10 fun (and morbid) game and great sequel to end LOS.
  10. Feb 28, 2014
    Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2 é um jogo espetacular, claro que contém suas falhas na história, mas continua bom e com certeza um jogo must have. Mas olhando os reviews da critica "especializada" cada dia que passa eu me pergunto: Como pode os gamers gostarem do jogo e as revistas que são como um termometro pra esses mesmos gamers serem tão diferentes. Meu conselho é JOGUEM!!
  11. Feb 27, 2014
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 might not be a huge improvement over the original, but it defiantly is a worthy follow up to the original. I think it looks, sounds and feels great and I haven't had this much fun with a Single Player Game since Lords of Shadows 1. And don't listen to the reviews! Yes the game has flaws, but for example the stealth parts are short and rare and do not ruin the Game experience, even though I they are not great by any means. Also it is a bit long, but I don't mind that I like long games and enjoyed all 20 hours of it. So long story short, if you liked LoS 1 you will also like part two, so get it. If you will stop playing a game because of being a rat for 5 minutes, don't get it and give it a 4 out o 10 ;) . Expand
  12. Feb 28, 2014
    Something is seriously wrong with some reviewers these days. It seems they are looking for any reason to hate a game instead of being open minded to the good that a game offers.

This game is BETTER than the first one in almost every way--from the graphics to the combat and from the gameplay variety to the boss fights--nearly everything is better about this game.

It also feels AMAZING
    to play. There isn't a single other hack and slash game that feels this good to play. The fluidity of the movement and controls is outstanding.

The visuals are simply some of the best of the PS3/360 generation, period. On PC it looks better than some of the so-called "next gen" games.

The soundtrack is another superb aspect of the game. Such excellent music throughout this game.

There is a little bit of filler in the game just like the first Lords of Shadow. You just get the feeling it could have been cut down and streamlined a bit. But many people will love the length and variety of the game.

I will try to write a more detailed review later when I have more time, but suffice it to say that this is an exceptional game that is being unfairly criticized by some hatemonger journalists. Don't let those negative reviews turn you away from this outstanding game. The positive reviews and higher scores are spot on
  13. Feb 27, 2014
  14. Feb 26, 2014
    Here's the thing about this game - the story makes very little sense, and it's not very Castlevania-y. Those are the 2 reasons people will rate this game low.

I'm here to tell you the boss fights in this game are absolutely epic and worth the money. Play on the hardest difficulty, it's meant to be played that way, when you kill the bosses it's an amazing feeling because they're very
    very rewarding.

If it helps you, remove the word "Castlevania" from the title of the game and just think of it as a game about Dracula vs Satan.

The combat is very fluid, every boss is very tough (on the hardest difficulty) but entirely doable, there is no boss that is impossible and fully relies on your reaction time. No boss is too easy or too hard, it's perfectly balanced.

My only gripe would be that the platforming is kind of done for you via the bats that appear where you're supposed to jump, other than that this game is a solid 9/10, however I'll bump it to a 10/10 for here to offset the overly critical critic reviews.
  15. Feb 26, 2014
    Please note that I have created a metacritic account just so that I can post this review, as I completely disagree with the 'critics'. I've put in about 6 hours into the game now and am sucked into the storyline as well as the gameplay. Though some might argue that a modern-era Castlevania game is absurd, I actually welcome the change. Aside from it crashing on me twice so far (which I'm sure a future patch will correct) the game runs beautifully on all settings maxed out. (FX-8350, 16 gigs 2033mhz, radeon hd 7970, win 7). Don't miss out on this gem. Expand
  16. Feb 26, 2014
    i have 7 hour of gameplay, and the only thig i see is epicness, i dont know how this game has a poor score review, but this game is enjoyable and fun to play, i was expecting the **** that the critics say anout this game but im not
  17. Feb 28, 2014
    I'm dumbfounded by the negative press/reviews this game has received, this game is an improvement over the original in nearly every aspect (save for the stealth). The story is more cohesive and enthralling than the original LoS (which I enjoyed a great deal). As many others have said, this game has clearly seen a lot of love.. it's incredibly polished and looks significantly better than LoS: UE -> that said, the stealth sections are a bore (but one that doesn't last long)… all in all though, it's a great title and it's nice to see the conclusion to Gabriel's story. If you enjoyed the first I strongly recommend picking this up/giving the game and devs the merit/support they deserve. Expand
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    My score is actually 8.6. Combat system is not much improvement from the first game, and there not much differences in locations like in 1st LOS. On other side there are much more boss battles and atmosphere is better.
  19. Feb 27, 2014
    Really liked the first one, followed the preview videos and such, after spending a good few hours with it, I can say for once, I am baffled by the negative critic reviews.

A lot of the negative press seems to be based on the setting of the game and the stealth sections, which in fairness are a misstep, the setting and story so far however are fine, the combat is excellent, the music is
    excellent, the graphics are excellent.

I just cant see how some review's have scored it so low, for me its certainly a 8/10 effort, kinda feel bad for the developers on this one, its clearly seen a lot of love, yet a couple of mistakes from a design point of view seem to have been horribly overstated in their importance compared to the overall quality of the rest of the package.

I would certainly say give this one a shot.
  20. Mar 14, 2014
    SIMPLESMENTE: O jogo em si é ÓTIMO, apesar de controvérsias de opiniões.. Pois chocou-se muito com expectativas esperadas, por questões de enredo. Mas nada disso tirou o brilhantismo deste game.
  21. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is SUPERB!!

BUT I feel like this game is a mix of God Of War + Devil May Cry + even Tomb Raider or Uncharted (Climbing mechanics). So I don't see too much NEW mechanics and things, but in contrast I see a really good Combat System, a nice A.I, scenaries, BSO, graphics, and controls (I use xbox 360 controller).

I RECOMMEND THIS GAME
  22. Mar 2, 2014
    With 25 years of playing games and seeing trends change, this kind of reviews we can see lately on so-called ''gaming'' sites is absurd. There are more and more differences between observations between gamers and official reviews, but it bothers me because the ''official'' will get heard and destroy a potential good game. It will ruin sale and profit, and probably a good studio. Good game like Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2. Who are YOU to tell me that the game has poor story, setting, memorable characters? Tell me what is poor about it, not just rant about it. How can you justify taking away 30 points or more just because YOU didn't understand the story? That totally diminishes the points for art, which is perfect, sound, voice... You seem to forget that this is a reboot. Don't compare it to previous Castlevania story. On one hand you **** about lack of inovation, and then you destroy a game when it tries something new. Or give unrealistic scores to indie games and compare it to high profile games just because you want to be seen as smart and intellectual. Wrong. I always listen to a gamer, even if he doesn't like the game. Not those who give below 5. That would mean broken game, something technical... And this game is not broken. Expand
  23. Mar 2, 2014
    Don't listen to these so called professional critics. This game is a real beauty and has for me taken ways the things I really didn't like about the first one and got rid of it. And the story line lordy lordy I love it!
  24. Feb 26, 2014
    Great game it has definitely improved upon LOS1 beside the fact that it does have some slow stealth parts, it has rewarding skill trees and very high quality boss battles,also lets not forget the gorgeous graphics
  25. Feb 26, 2014
    I really have enjoyed this game. I think the environment and combat are even better than the first, the characters lack some interaction but the story is still engaging. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes action rpg games. Going to give it a 10 just to offset the 0s. I would rate it a 9/10.
  26. Mar 2, 2014
    Having read the so called critics reviews, I was initially apprehensive about getting this game but after I played the demo I was hooked and it was apparent, how most critics are not real gamers. This game gets to the core basics of playing games......it is fun, it is compelling, it is very well presented, both visually and audibly and above all else, it entertains. A concept seemingly lost on the journalists who did not deem it worthy. Ignore the inaccurate critic reviews and get this game........I'm so glad I did!!! Expand
  27. Mar 3, 2014
    The game is pretty good. It is not perfect, but it follows the Stoker's idea of Dracula. It seems developers are inspired mainly from Stoker's book and Coppola movie. This is fantastic, because MercurySteam brings so many details from original Dracula like people possession, transformation into rats, boundless love to his wife and even some quotations from the 1992 movie masterpiece. The graphics is good, animation is good, voice acting is perfect, details are amazing, storytelling is not obvious and thrilling. Gameplay is pretty the same to the previous Lords of Shadows, but it provides us with some new interesting gameplay mechanics like an ability to become a fog or the ability to freeze opponents(even bosses). The game suffers from some poor designed levels, but it has great story,amazing gameplay and awesome engine that is capable of delivering amazing visuals even to a very old PC with high and stable fps. There is no point to say that the game is compiled from many other great games, because it predecessor was a clone of god of war with its own story. This game is something different, it is the same, but no more looking like God of War franchise. Expand
  28. Mar 4, 2014
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is great game, Love the story and gameplay, good improvement overt first LoS. I enjoy the game and have 'Ok another checkpoint and i go to sleep' syndrome.
  29. Mar 4, 2014
    Made an account because I cannot sit and read such ridiculous reviews of this game. Picked up the last one as a Steam deal over Christmas and wondered how I never played it before. Amazing game. Purchased this one and was originally unimpressed. But after a good ten hours play I feel that I have to say what an amazing game this is. Fantastic, music, graphics and game play is sublime. How is it getting so many negatives? It took a while before I got to understand and appreciate this for what it it. Buy this game . Expand
  30. Mar 1, 2014
    I think it´s a great game with some bad things, but never is a 40´s game. This game has a huge value with combat, atmosphere, music and history. I love when you used the fog skill in combat to dodge attacks.
  31. Mar 17, 2014
    This game deserves better than 6. It has a gorgeous and one of the most immersive artstyle EVER. The gameplay is not ok at all, I know, but I think the game deserves a try, and the spanish developer had to be good credited!
  32. Mar 3, 2014
    I´m just in the first hours of the game, but the critic score don´t have any sense. The combat system is an improvement from the first one, the camera isn´t fixed anymore. The stealth sections isn´t bad either.
    If you love the first Lord of Shadow, you´re gonna love this one too.
  33. Mar 8, 2014
    Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 deserves is an excellently designed and executed game with a haunting and engaging story, a rich atmosphere, a fairly deep and well done combat system and plenty of gameplay and is well worth the money.
    Visuals 9/10- Excellent art design and execution, well done animations, Rich, beautiful environments and atmosphere.
    Sound 7/10- forgettable if well done
    soundtrack holds back what otherwise is an excellently voiced experience with quality Foley .
    Gameplay 7/10- Lack of enemy variety, with some flaws to an excellent combat system as well as lack of platforming, combined with not enough puzzles for my liking hold back slightly what is an extremely fun experience, the tedious stealth sections at times could've been an improvement were they better executed and designed but otherwise it is another black mark lowering it's score
    Story 9/10- Excellently written, solid concept and unique spin on the castlevania formula, it is at times quite predictable, but it is so well executed it makes up for it, it is truly heart-warming, wrenching and breaking at times. With truly unforgettable moments, there is better stories out there, but not all that many
    Overall= Solid 8/10
  34. Mar 2, 2014
    Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 é um ótimo jogo. Comparando ao título anterior, Castlevania Lord of Shadows, a melhora é notável principalmente nos combates e gráficos (joguei a versão PC em ambos os jogos).

A primeira diferença, e muito boa diga-se de passagem, é o controle da câmera. Agora o jogador pode controlar a câmera, o que ajuda muito na hora dos combates. Enquanto que no
    primeiro jogo, em determinados cenários, Gabriel ficava escondido da câmera, principalmente quando ele ia para os cantos do cenários, em Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2, isso não ocorre mais, o que é uma grande melhoria na minha opinião. O suporte so jogo ao combo teclado e mouse também foi melhorado, e agora não é tão complicado jogar sem um joystick (se bem que o próprio jogo recomenda que se joga num).

O combate está mais dinâmico e mais rápido com um úmero maior de boss ao longo da história, sendo que Drácula tem que usar, em alguns deles, ataques específicos para eliminá-los. Isso torna os combates mais desafiantes e menos entediantes. Além disso há uma variedade de inimigos, com diferentes tipos de ataque, que deixa os combates mais emocionantes. Você encontra inimigos fracos que atacam diretamente, alguns atiram com metralhadoras e shotguns, outros são grandes e fortes, alguns atacam pelo alto, outros cospem uma gosma verde, alguns com armaduras que devem ser destruídas, tem outros com escudos, enfim, o jogo é rico nesse sentido.

Agora Drácula tem um monte de coisas para usar, que ajuda muito nos combates, mas você pode zerar o jogo sem ter a necessidade de usá-las e ainda não vai ter dificuldade. Tem um item que recupera a magia dos caos e do vazio (muito útil contra boss), necessário para ativar a garra do caos e a espada do vazio. Tem o pássaro dodô, que encontra itens, tem o amuleto que transforma o Drácula na sua forma dragônica (é interessante e até bonitinho, mas nada que empolgue), tem outro que recupera toda a saúde do Drácula (muito útil); e outros itens que são dropados ao matar inimigos ou você pode comprar na loja do anão, no castelo do Dráculo (dependendo de onde estiver no mapa fica meio chato ir até lá).

O mapa do jogo agora parece estar maior, e a liberdade em se mover para onde quiser é um grande ganho. No jogo anterior a história era contada de modo linear, e não tinha como voltar no mapa. Agora o jogador pode ir para onde quiser, à medida que vai avançando na história e abrindo novas áreas. Isso ajuda muito, pois o jogo possui muitos itens, e alguns só podem ser pegos com uma habilidade ou arma específica, e, nesse caso, o jogador pode voltar quando quiser. Mas nem tudo ´maravilhas, ainda mais que para chegar em determinadas partes, o jogador terá que percorrer um grande caminho (tem como dar um fast travel mas é para locais específicos), e terá que enfrentar os inimigos tudo novamente. O sistema de fast travel poderia ser melhor a meu ver.

A história do jogo é muito boa também. Confesso que no início fiquei confuso, mas depois, com o andar do jogo e com os acontecimentos e revelações, a história vai ficando mais clara. Nesse sentido, o jogador vai terminar o jogo e ser capaz de entender toda a história sem ter que ficar especulando. Outro fator interessante são os pergaminhos que são encontrados ao longo do cenário. Os pergaminhos contém dicas do que existe no local, como um boss, ou item mágico, além de contar os últimos acontecimentos de quem escreveu, o que enriquece ainda mais o jogo. Não falarei mais nada para não dar spoiler e atrapalhar quem vai jogar este jogo.

O que mais senti falta, se comparado ao jogo anterior, foi a diminuição dos puzzles. Em Castlevania Lord of Shadows o que mais havia era puzzles, e alguns difíceis. Isso, na minha opinião, enriquecia ainda mais o jogo, acrescentando uma dificuldade a mais. Em Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 isso não ocorre com a mesma frequência, além de que os poucos que existem são fáceis.

As partes chatas nesse jogo são os momentos em que o jogador tem que passar despercebido, sem ser notado. Na verdade chato é pouco, é um porre. Drácula não pode ser visto, se não ele morre, e nem vai tentar matar os inimigos nessas partes, porque é impossível (Se você conseguir ou é bug ou você é o maior badass em Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2). O jogo não é feito para ser jogado em modo stealth, e sem contar que ninguém vai jogar jogos desse estilo esperando encontrar momentos como esse. Drácula pode se transformar em uma rato (?????, porque não em um morcego?????), e verificar o cenário ou passar por túneis, buracos, dutos de ventilação, o que não é um atrativo para este jogo, a meu ver. A parte em que ele entra num corpo e o controla é interessante, mas isso só pode ser usado em momentos específicos.

Finalizando a análise, posso dizer que esse jogo não é nada enjoativo. Os combates dinâmicos, aliado aos momentos de exploração do cenários e de alguns poucos puzzles, faz com que o jogo não seja entediante. Recomendo o jogo.
  35. Jul 2, 2014
    Ignore the amateur journalist reviews as they often score games based on 2 hour playthroughs before they give up. This games is a fitting culmination to the Lords of Shadow series. You can truly see the level of commitment Mercury Steam has put into this game. From beautiful art style, excellent voice acting and strong music score to delighting and hilarious fan service. The combat system has matured since the first game and it's now more complex and rewarding, exploration is also better, the metroidvania navigation style becomes substantial and fun later into the game as you acquire more skills and roam freely finding upgrades and collectibles. Boss encounters are the highlight of the show, they are intense and rewarding providing climatic moments in the story. Yes, the game certainly it’s flaws: sneaking sections and generic level design in some areas. Those flaws are just one hour or less of the 20 hour campaign. If you enjoyed the first game, you must get this one. You won’t regret it! Expand
  36. Mar 3, 2014
    Mucho mas emocionante que su primera entrega. Con un combate infinitamente mas depurado, toques de exploracion y arbol de habilidades mas desarrollado, resulta infinitamente mas adictivo. El apartado visual y artistico te deja con la boca llena en numerosas ocasiones y el ritmo de juego es tremendamente trepidante, solo lastrado por algun concepto visual o puzzle que no acaba de encajar en el resto del conjunto. Un juego fabuloso que te deja con ganas de más. No es perfecto, pero el acabarselo en 2 dias a pesar de lo largo que es habla por si solo de lo bueno que es. Expand
  37. Mar 1, 2014
    Если вы играли в прошлую часть, то многое тут вам покажется знакомым и будет как дружеский привет, сквозь пелену тумана - вроде бы человек тот же, но прошло время и он изменился.
    Если вы не играли в прошлую часть (многое пропустили!) то эта игра -типичный представитель жанра слешеров - вы бьете толпы врагов выбивая красивые комбинации и между делом прыгаете по платформам, решая несложные
    головоломки. С противников падают сферы (крови?) которые обмениваются на покупку новых комбинаций. Постепенно бои превращаются в одно непрерывное комбо из ударов. Все это нанизано на историю великого и ужасного Дракулы - Габриэля Бельмонта ( и всей его семьи ). Историю и банальную и в тоже время интригующею. Прямо как Санта барбара - вроде бы и все и так понятно, но оторваться невозможно.
    Основным отличием от первой части, можно назвать, то, что все здесь стало понятней. Появилась карта (огромное спасибо за это!), стали подсвечиваться места куда можно перепрыгнуть ( и ешё одно огромное спасибо!), сами лазанья по перилам и парапетам стали происходить быстрее (хотя если вдуматься - сам Дракула лазает по поломанным пандусам....) комбинации стало проще набивать(или мне это только кажется?).
    Но все это неважно - главное осталась ли игра мрачным и чарующим путешествием по прекрасному и ужасному миру игры?
    Можно однозначно сказать - ДА! Теперь мы играм в двух временах поочередно - прошлом и настоящем (будущем?) поражая нас своим великолепием и гротескностью. Ожидаемо современные пейзажи получаются чуть хуже, но это можно простить игре.
    Вердикт: для тех кто играл в первую часть и она им понравилась - покупать обязательно. Все тоже самое, но лучше и понятней. Для тех кто впервые видит эту игру - захватывающее приключение, которое может затянуть не на один вечер. Потраченных денег вы не пожалеете.
  38. Feb 28, 2014
    ***This is for the trolls, looking for a controversial game or film, to bash for fun.

We recognise you’re here because (mostly for reasons unknown which stem far from a different opinion or as a matter of game play taste) the press have decided to play this games positive points down, and embellish on the odd glitch or a storyline they don’t either like or understand.

Thing is if you
    continue to troll like this, you help originality in games suffer. You keep up this habbit for the lulz and all we will be left with is the likes of C.O.D, which perhaps you’re happy with.

Trolls have come out in force for this and thief from under their rock, and the crap you come out with is laughable and often a cut and paste of the reviews you have read with NO experience of the game it’s self.

BRAVO you. Want a cookie you comedic genius.

Do you kids like playing games, yeah, well then stop this immature crap, or you’ll find one day there’s very little to play.***

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 on the PC needs a 360 pad to experience it best, and it hast Stealth missions that may annoy or frustrate you that perhaps may have been best left out.

After that it’s all plus marks. The voice work, graphics, combat, boss battles, and story are great. If you like anime’s like Hellsing you will love this.

It’s a great finish to a pair of games that are right up there with God of War.
  39. Feb 28, 2014
    Best game i ever played the last years, i like the art and combat style with beautiful graphic and interesting characters, is the best castlevania for me, f##k the critic.
  40. Feb 28, 2014
    This game is a huge improvement upon the original lords of shadows in terms of art, story, graphics, and especially game play.

Art: (10/10)
    The art and design is amazing, even in the cities. They made this game as organic and as artistic as you can really achieve. The art easily provokes mood, which is a sign of quality. The characters are also well designed. I have no faults at all
    here.

Plot: 9.5/10
    The plot is great, but they fail to explain some of the steps that fans of the original series would have picked up on (castle being in another dimension when not "active", etc). It will be confusing and you will have questions nagging in your mind throughout the entire game, even after they explain some of the plot elements later on.

Graphics: 8/10
    Graphics are good on the PC. I have no complaints here, other than the fact that they could have done more effects on the PC.

Gameplay: (8.5/10)
    Gameplay is fantastic and the best selling point. The fighting is extremely technical, and there is the skill-tree progression that really encourages you to explore all the moves you have in combat. The exploration is as good as you can get with this sort of scope of a game. It is open world, like zelda. You can explore it, but your exploration is limited to where the game permits you to go. So there is a lot of Nintendo walls, and this could be a negative aspect since Batman: Arkham Asylum and Infamous were able to make the world more free with less restrictions. Yes, the stealth missions are needlessly challenging and nonsensical. However, these stealth missions are really just as difficult as some of the platforming in LOS, an area that LOS2 really cleans up. In a way one could argue that the difficulties of platforming in the original game were shifted to the stealth missions in this game.

Overall I'd give this game a 9/10 and I will cherish it in my collection of games.
  41. Mar 4, 2014
    People are just too harsh these days, I feel that LoS2 is being a victim of media guided mass conformity lashing out on a game that is really fun to play, just because the stealth system could be better and critics don’t seem to like vampire and robot fantasies mixed up. This game is a solid 8.5 up to a 9.7. Allow me to elaborate, (a lot)
    LoS2 picks up flawlessly from its predecessor’s
    cliff-hanger where we see a self loathing vampire Gabriel Belmont being thrown away from a cathedral on a modern day world setting. The game starts grand with the epic fight of the paladin mech that gets us in to the fighting mood straight away. The story is as good as it can possibly get, the amount of plot holes and character awkwardness has been reduced to a minimum. Castlevania titles have been coming out since 1986, this is 28 years of ethos mutation that still manages to retain the concept of "player kills Werewolf, Frankenstein Monster, Medusa and Vampire in a journey to Dracula's castle. Having in mind the vamp trends I've been witnessing during the past decade, this story is actually pretty tasteful.
    The graphics are sublime the concept art is awe inspiring and the game plays wonderfully. The game animations are clear enough to know when to parry or dodge an attack. A vast and comprehensive move set is available to us to engage in fun and exciting battles either you are button masher or technical player. Having said this I feel that the game falls short on the stealth sections, LoS2 would have absolutely nailed the game play if they had stealth like Dishonored. The upgrade system is cleverly designed and the platform sections are really great fun. When you die you don't have to go throw a 10 second death animation instead you are immediately teleported to the last checkpoint with a health reduction as a slap in the hand. The Zelda open world approach is a welcomed addition although I miss the linearity of LoS1 where we could jump from anywhere from the story line and play from there. But alas some elements have to leave to give room to others.
    So in conclusion: Great graphics, great combat system, great platform level design, great game play apart of an "incomplete" stealth system. The modern day city setting was the selling point of LoS1 ending and let’s face it most of us endured worse vampire plots on daytime tv for the sake of sub par mature content. Vampires are a fantasy and sometimes your own might not be the same that the designers had in mind. So don't let this and shallow stealth system ruin a great game that can result in countless hours of fun. The game took in a lot and delivered.
  42. Mar 6, 2014
    The game has greatly improved since first Lords of Shadow. It literally improved on levels for PC users - the graphics became better and more optimized for PC, the controls and tutorials became much more understandable (there is still a slight problem - only xbox controllers are working with the game). The game also gives you a good review on former story. The graphics are really great. So this definitely worth playing. 10 out of 10. Expand
  43. Mar 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I like this game. Up to half of the game bosses somewhere 3-5, but then ... uh, action, epic, and the remaining 10 are tough bosses, without ceasing . Though they are not as extensive as in God of War III, but still terribly steep. Finding secrets, pumping skills, nice plot and character, just I have not a words. Stealth (and he immediately sucked from the finger ), a game of the rat and ending (I think will be a battle "Dragon vs the Flying slug of Satan " ) spoiled the overall experience, but still rare and fleeting Stealth and as a game for the rat. By the way, did not like that the mind Dracula in fact materialize (eg, teleporting in Dracula's castle with the help of Trevor). Alucard and his story of me like more than, for example, in the Symphony. Though he here and not disclosed, but I hope for DLC. Expand
  44. Mar 19, 2014
    Lords of Shadow 2 is considerable different and more varied than the first game.
    The possibility to be able to experience a dark fantasy future, with some aspects of "World of Darkness" and "Vampire: The Masquerade" in combination with the more traditional Gothic past is deeply interesting.
    The gameplay is more fluid than the gameplay in the first game, but the scenery is less beautiful,
    inspired and varied but more dense, explorable and bleak.
    Boss battles are creative and truly intense, the battles against Gorgons and Carmilla are between my favorite boss encounters of all time, side by side with bosses from Bayonetta, Ys and God of War.
    The exploration is relatively more open comparing to the first game of the Lords of Shadow series, more similar to Legacy of Kain games.
    Overall is a great experience for players who enjoy action adventures, "Dracula (original)", "Interview with the Vampire", "Legacy of Kain, Castlevania", "God of War", "Vampire: The Masquerade" and are able to keep an open mind.
    Some reviews talked negatively about the "rats transformation" and the "rats sections". But they forgot that in the original book, in the Coppola's movie and in the "Nosferatu" (the 1922 adaptation), Dracula transforms himself into rats to be able to hide and escape. Personally I would like to explore more hidden places as rats.
    Just like the first Lords of Shadow (a game I truly enjoy), LoS II is longer than most games of the genre.
    I played the PS3 and the PC version, the PC version has significantly improved visuals.
  45. May 16, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game and thought that it was better then the first one. The camera system was a huge improvement and the graphics were actually pretty good..... they did well with the story carrying on from the last game in most part - so if you didn't play the first game and the DLC for the first game you may not understand why things happen the way they do. I honestly can't see why people would give this such a low ratiung - even if it doesn't meet your expectations it's still a great game with only few flaws... I mean honestly Critic score of 58/100 .... thank god I generally judge a game on User score.. because that's honestly utter BS. If you play this game without expecting a 'hack and slash button mash' kinda experience (similar to devil may cry) then you will probably be disappointed....... if you don't like those 'kind' of games - fair enough. but that isnt a reason to rate this game low. Anyway I hope they make a 3rd :) Expand
  46. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is a really good one. The graphics are good, the fights are amazing, the fluid gameplay is extraordinary, the story is only confusing till a certain chapter of the game, all will be revealed. And I already played it a second time ... so I can't understand the bad reviews, really I can't. The sneak elements are not boring, they fit into the world and don't last very long. The level design is outstanding. I think it's all about expectations that are not fulfilled.

Of course, it's not always that logic, that Dracula cannot fight certain enemies, that you have to morph to a rat or something else, but it still not a reason to tear it to pieces.

So play it and like it.....
  47. May 1, 2014
    The very start of this game is fantastic and I loved the scene thats been duped the "family" scene - it really paints the picture of what vampires are and should be ("cough" no sparkles). But then you got this random strech of boring, some nice battles during this time, but for some players this will be enough to make them want to quit. When you reach the Toy maker for me that was like a new leaf was turned over - I just became addicted with the story, the combat mechanics and boy are they smooth, just seemed liked the boring disappeared.

This game has a great story, great voice acting, really nice graphics (upgrade to nr 1), you can set the keys to your liking and nice music.

Now for the bad points is that strech of boring - when I say this, it just feels like your constantly jumping with really little to no fighting and no brain power is being used whatsoever. This is the time when you will feel that "hated" stealth system too many times and you feel so limited. But then later that all changes and even the stealth parts are very few and far, and you actually start to feel powerfull and get to fight more often than before.

Now they were lazy with the "toturial" key displays and turning off quick time events are rather a must unless you know all the keys off by heart which will give you an extra added difficulty to boss battles if you want that (but luckily if you hate QTE - you can turn them off)
  48. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing Boss fights ,Eye Catching Visuals,Good Combat Mechanics, Wild Exploration,Satisfying Story ,Unsatisfying Stleath But Still Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2 Is An Epic Adventure Journey
  49. Mar 6, 2014
    Injusticia, esa es la palabra que mas me ha venido a la mente durante las 23 horas que me ha durado este INCREIBLE Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Y es que lo que ha pasado con las notas de este videojuego es algo que escapa a toda lógica y te hace pensar hasta que punto los críticos están comprados o lo objetivos que pueden llegar a ser. Como bien dijo Enric Alvarez (director del juego) en la entrevista que le hicieron en Eurogamer..."El que ponga un 4 a este juego (como la revista Edge) o está ciego o es idiota".

En primer lugar el juego deja de lado el desarrollo por niveles inconexos dando lugar a un Metroidvania en 3D como lo pueda ser Batman Arkham Asylum, Darksiders I y II, Shadowman, Soul Reaver, etc. Es decir, el mapeado ahora es libre, pero tendremos las oportunas "barreras" para no poder explorarlo todo desde un principio, si no que tendremos que ir consiguiendo nuevas habilidades y "gadgets" para ir pudiendo avanzar por el mapa. Curiosamente esto es algo que se ha criticado al juego, alegando que ya no tiene nada de Castlevania cuando es el Castlevania con mayor componente de Metroidvania desde el legendario Symphony of the Night.
    Además el mapeado es bastante grande teniendo en cuenta que hay "pasado" y "presente" y son 2 mapas totalmente diferentes (incluso son diferentes enemigos), los 2 MUY bien interconectados.

Técnicamente uno de los mayores cambios es que la cámara ahora es totalmente libre (uno de los puntos criticados del 1º juego) y te deja apreciar los APABULLANTES escenarios creador con un mimo y detalle que quitan el hipo, donde, además de no tener tiempos de carga, TODAS las escenas cinemáticas están generadas en tiempo real, se acabaron los vídeos de mala calidad, se acabaron los 30 fps en las escenas, esto en mi opinión es un grandisimo punto a favor y que dice bastante del estudio, ya que podían haber optado por la vía rápida como el resto de estudios y hacerlos pre-renderizados.
    Los modelados poligonales, texturas (algunas mejores y otras peores) y animaciones han mejorado mucho respecto al 1º juego y desde luego que rayan a muy buen nivel (siempre hay que tener en cuenta que el juego ha salido en la obsoleta generación de consolas así que tampoco se le puede exigir remodelados en PC), los efectos de luces y sombras son bastante buenos aunque me habría gustado algo mas de resolución en las sombras.

Jugablemente en los combates sigue el mismo esquema que en el 1, tendremos la espada del Vacío para curarnos y las Garras del Cáos para dañar, y de arma principal el látigo pero esta vez "de sangre", tenemos los mismos movimientos y cómbos que en el 1, esto en mi opinión si podría ser un punto algo negativo pues podrían haber creado mas cómbos, pero tampoco tenía queja del 1º, así que la única queja que podría tener es de "poco avance" en la mecánica.

La banda sonora es INCREIBLE y una de las mejores bandas sonoras que ha dado el mundo del videojuego, y pensar que he llegado a leer que la banda sonora del juego es una mierda.... en fin... Óscar Araujo (repetidor en la saga) se ha salido por los 4 costados, con algunos temas ÉPICOS.
    El doblaje ingles también es brutísimo, la voz de Dracula (lógicamente repetidora) suena de verdad "atormentada" e "iracunda", nada que ver con el registro de "heroe" del anterior juego. En general la historia me ha encantado (con GRAN giro argumental incluido) y sobre todo la forma de contarla, pues en el juego esta basado en un pasado "onírico" y en el presente. Lógicamente de esto apenas hablaré por que no quiero destripar nada. Como puntos negativos en este aspecto le pondría dos. Uno sería el final que ha sido bastante simple y abierto. Y el otro que el juego debería de tener una especie de "resumen" de lo que paso en Castlevania Mirror of Fate pues tiene MUCHO que ver con este juego y lo tienes que seguir mas por contexto que por que te expliquen que ha pasado, lo explican pero muy rápido y sin demasiados detalles, y el problema es que el juego no ha salido en PC.... (aún).

En definitiva, para mi el MEJOR CASTLEVANIA que he jugado nunca, ya podían hacerme un remake de SOTN pero hecho así y con este sistema de lucha, NO DEJES ENGAÑARTE por las notas... por que este juego no es ni de 7, (mucho menos de 4)... yo le casco un 9 como una casa.
  50. Mar 10, 2014
    All the reviews that was given to this game doesn't even gave it some justice. Maybe people are just expecting too much from a franchise that when it doesn't meet some of their expectation they bash the game!... Wake up people! You giving COD and BF4 higher score than LOS 2?! you've got to be kidding me!
  51. Mar 14, 2014
    I really do not understand the lower reviews this game got. I mean, it improves SO MANY aspects from the first game. I couldn't even finish the first Lords of Shadow. It was somewhat boring, unlike this one. Gabriel is wicked sick as Dracula, the plot seems awesome so far, and gameplay is top notch. The artwork is very well made, making the atmosphere of the game look cool and all.
    The
    engine is very well optimized. The game runs smooth in my modest PC. The graphics are astonishing, WAY better than the first game's. Gameplay-wise, it offers a little bit more of flexibility than the first game made possible. I'm not all fan of hack 'n' slash games, but this one is superb.
    Don't let the bad reviews turn you down. In my opinion, they're not making justice of a great game Lords of Shadow 2 is.
  52. Sep 5, 2014
    I have to give this game a 10. Its sad to see the low score this game is getting by people who just play this for 10 minutes and leave it in there steam library. Its different from the first one but in a good way. I am happy the combat system and weapons changed and there is even a new learning curve to how to use Gabriel. The story is really good and I am loving the music like in the first game. I am just 4 hours in the game and I am hooked as I was to the first game. I love the Lords of Shadow series as much as any other Castlevania game. I am looking forward to the third LOS. I am loving this game, a solid 10! Expand
  53. Mar 25, 2014
    -The combat is solid and very fun as well as challenging.
    -Love how you backtrack when you get new ways to get to secrets.
    -Easy to travel around with fast travel locations in castle as well as in modern city sections.

+Game looks amazing. not sure why critics gave it an average score..
  54. Apr 10, 2014
    Still i like Gabriel very much. I like every Cut Scene, in my Eyes, Castlevania has one of the best Storys ever written. Started playing it on PSX. I dont like the future part, because i loved the middle age in this game, but it is well implanted and like in Devil may cry, it makes Sense.

Pro: Fighting System, Story, Atmosphere, Time Travels, Boss Fights
    Cons: Sneaking part, Future time
  55. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is awesome if you liked the first game you will enjoy this one. Game play wise its very familiar with some more variation. Graphics are great. I really got into the story of the 1st game, and as a continuation this one is great. Give it a chance but play the 1st game first so you can get the most out of it, I feel that you wouldn't know whats going on without it. and that's exactly what i wanted. Expand
  56. Mar 22, 2014
    It's a great game, giving a worthy end to the series Lords of Shadow.
    The only flaw of the game are the moments of Stealth. But apart from that the game is perfect.
  57. Apr 16, 2014
    this is without doubt the most underrated game of 2014 yet..a gem..highly recommend it to any Darksiders, DarkSouls and DMC fans. The game combines elements of a well designed game, a rich storyline blending them to give one of the best sequels out there.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is one mistake you won't be making when getting it.
  58. Mar 26, 2014
    I liked the first one and this one was a great successor. Game play has improved, so did graphics. Soundtrack suits the game very well. Many bosses. Setting in the present/future fits the story, and also its quite well done, it feels right. It's not as epic as the first LOS though, and much shorter. And bosses are much easier, way easier than in LOS. For a challenge I always like to play games on hardest difficulty (now a days games are directed to anyone who can hold a controller in their hands) and comparing it to first one where i uses to die many times and had a rage quit couple of times, this never happened in LOS2. One thing that really annoys me are the scenes to almost any interaction for example kleidos challenges it takes maybe 1-2 minutes to start a challenge if not skipped. besides that didn't find any thing that would annoy me. Expand
  59. Apr 12, 2014
    No entiendo cómo se puede poner mala nota a un juego de tanta calidad como es Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. Con notas medias como está tan injusta de 5 y pico cada día me convence menos la valía de la nota media que se puede obtener a través de metacritic. Yo personalmente prefiero mirar varias webs de juegos y contrastar notas medias que mirar en metacritic ya que la nota media de los juegos con mucho renombre suelen tener buena nota y los no tan conocidos o de estudios secundarios se llevan notas malas.
    Un clara ejemplo de la poca valía de las notas de metacritic es la comparación entre notas de usuarios versus críticas profesionales poniendo en comparación a Call of duty ghost y Lords of Shadow 2:
    -COD Ghost PS4: Profesional: 7.9, Usuarios: 3.2
    -Lords of Shadow 2: Profesional: 5.8, Usuarios: 7.9

Diferencias tan dispares son demasiado habituales en esta página, y personalmente prefiero las opiniones de usuarios como yo que las de supuestos profesionales críticos, que en muchos casos están pagados.

A mediocre button masher at best, brought down by absurd design choices and low production values. [Issue #240]
  2. Mar 14, 2014
    An unfortunate conclusion to a once promising trilogy.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    The creators have looked everywhere and were inspired by everything, but unlike the competition there's no quality in their endeavours. Instead of a great hack and slash title they serve us a merely stereotypically dull piece without brains. On top of that, the game looks off colour.