Catwoman PC

3.9

1. Bho
    Sep 3, 2004
    Very very poor game by such a big name. Camera angles are the worst, controls are just as bad. Futhermore, graphics are average in my opinion. The only thing I liked was a hint of martial arts, however, that was also limited, I fund myself doing the same moves over and over! Nothing special, not at all impressed. Similar titles which are better I can suggest are Max Payne 2 and Spiderman 2.
  2. ShaneW.
    Jul 27, 2004
    Looks good, but is impossible to control without a joypad, and even with, you'll spend more time wrestling with the camera angles than enjoying the game.
  3. ChristopherS.
    Feb 18, 2007
    Not nearly as bad as everyone seems to think and quite possibly one the more underrated games of its year. Catwoman certainly ranks as one the most beautifully rendered and animated characters to ever star in a video game. Not only is she wonderful to look at but she is equally wonderful to control. Her body responds quickly and precisely to analog gamepad input and pulling off cool moves Not nearly as bad as everyone seems to think and quite possibly one the more underrated games of its year. Catwoman certainly ranks as one the most beautifully rendered and animated characters to ever star in a video game. Not only is she wonderful to look at but she is equally wonderful to control. Her body responds quickly and precisely to analog gamepad input and pulling off cool moves is not terribly difficult. The combat sequences are not especially fantastic but they are for the most part well implemented and enjoyable. As stated above this is primarily a platformer and as such there is a lot of jumping and swinging, if thats not your thing then you should probably skip this release. Most reviewers have complained about the camera work and to some extent they are correct. Camera movement is constrained and focuses primarily on Catwoman, for obvious reasons. However, you can activate a first person view that allows you to look about wherever you wish, admitably only while you are standing still. I for one adjusted to this limitation and ultimately found it not to be much of an issue. And to be honest I could spend hours just watching her walk, boy oh boy can she walk. Overall the graphics are nice and should perform well on most modern gaming machines. A diamond in the rough that can be had for a song. Expand

1. Halle Berry does the voice acting for her character, but she over-delivers almost every cheesy line.
  2. The restrictive control system and progression feels pathetic compared to the state of fluid titles such as "Prince of Persia" or "Galleon", whilst the overall experience is confounded by an awkward fixed camera system that makes it virtually impossible to see where you’re going.
  3. PC Format
    Messy, clumsy, and deeply unsatisfying beat-'em-up combat. Surpised? Catwoman is a poorly made tie-in game for a rubbish movie. Someone find me a bag and a brick. [Oct 2004, p.96]