5.1

1. Jul 1, 2013
    Played this game for half a dozen years. The game is pretty old with multiple names in its course. (Regnum Online, Realms Online, Champions of Regnum) The game was released before 2007 if you played beta. For all these people who haven't really explored the game before should atleast show the decency to search up a wiki page before even commenting. (like this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regnum_Online)
    However, I will say that most of the comment has some truth to it. Regnum Online is a game that is purely RVR and PVP concentrated. It is a game developed with good idea in mind, from a few people with limited resources. It lacks PVE content to the extent which you cannot even imagine. Thats Right. It means grinding will be long and tedious. Default controls are horrible. (CHANGE IT... LOOK AT THE OPTIONS THE GAME PROVIDES YOU WITH. ESPECIALLY CAMERA AND CONTROLS. DISABLE THAT POINT TO CLICK, LEARN TO USE YOUR MOUSE TO ASSIST YOU IN MORE FLUID MOVEMENT; hold down either of the mouse button to control camera angle or precise character movement) User Interface is not intuitive at all for new players and will take of bit of getting accustomed to. Graphics is nothing close to the modern mmo games out there. And things can get boring when the 'Warzone' is quiet. (ie. bedtime zZzZ) So, why would anyone including myself play this game? (for like... 6-7 years???) Well... this is a game like no other. Once you hit max level (60 atm+Endgame rank called Warmaster for bonus stats and skills), that is when the game really gets fun. Community is friendly and fun once you get to know them a little better (I have become to know many in real life) and diverse. With these people, you get player generated content the game exists for: Realm vs Realm. The game is challenging and will test your mechanical skills as well as your intelligence. The more experience and thought you put in to this game, the more fun it will be for you (once you are higher up in levels). I understand that this is not a game for everyone. But if it is, you will find it more than enjoyable just like myself and many other veteran players you pout over the game yet still cant manage to move away from it. Long live the... game? xD
  2. Mar 18, 2013
    This is a tough game to get into. Be prepared for a long hard grind unless you buy some level up boosters. You should also buy a mount (EUR 5). However, once you become comfortable with the games interfaces and learn how to grind while participating in RvR wars, then the game becomes pretty brilliant. There isn't any other pvp mmo out there like it. The fights are satisfying because you really have to know your skills. The combat balance is good because low level players can still kill high levels. And it isn't buy to win because no matter how much you spend, if u cant fight u will lose. Expand
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    It's a pretty fun game ! The faction pvp system is simple, it's fast to get into. It took me about 4 weeks to get into the warzone (lvl 30+ by then, max level is 60). I could have gone earlier but it was fun to be pesky and really annoy the enemy and try my best to survive.
  4. Mar 18, 2013
    CoR is a MMO that is focused around RvR combat. It's is F2P, but it is a rare case, being that it is NOT pay to win. Music is so-so, PvE and "the grind" is pretty boring, and there is no crafting or anything like that. That's fine, if you don't care about that. Where this game shines is in RvR combat. You will see literal armies of people from each faction battling it out to take control of towers, gems, etc. I would suggest just seeing this game for what it is, which is a narrowly-focused RvR game, instead of comparing it to games like WoW. If you want a bit of everything, then play something else.. But if you're looking for massive battles with an emphasis on strategy and teamwork, then you can't beat this game. It's free, so try it out for yourself. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    This is an OK MMORPG there is a lot of content and nice focus on combat PVP. However, there are a lot of bugs, the AI is very bad the quest design is boring and uninteresting just like WoW but worse, the combat feels awkward, and finally the game is basically just pay to win, you can buy 500% XP bonus which is just over the top.
  6. Mar 3, 2013
    To be fair, I didn't give the game much of a chance. When loading it up I had expectations of somewhat of a spiritual successor to Dark Age of Camelot's glory days of RvR combat, but was sorely disappointed by the class system and user interface. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but there's not even a keystroke to cycle between targeting the nearest enemies. I wish I could have stuck it out and given the RvR a shot, but straight out of character creation I was severely underwhelmed by how difficult it was to interact with the game world. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2013
    In my life I have never experienced a game as unplayable as this game, it is literally impossible to enjoy this game since it does it's best effort to suck. The first thing is just the controls and movement itself. The controls are completely broken and useless, just the act of moving is extremely difficult. Let me explain, you can move with WASD however, the camera will be fixed towards the angle where the character is looking unless he/she is standing still. To change the looking angle you have to right-click. The next issue is the fact that what to do and how is completely unclear. No real tutorial or even menus explaining, it's like someone threw you into this game you have no idea on how to play and said "go". I also have to complain about the graphics, they look horrible, The Lord of The Rings online, a 2007 game looks much better than this game, in fact, you should download that game instead of this worthless crap. Do not download it, it is a waste of disk space, therefore it gets a two out of ten. Expand
  8. Mar 3, 2013
    The Game self states that is Version 1.4 X for me at the first 20 Minutes it should be 0.1Alpha At all you will login and start with a fixed resoultion. Options missing. After editing the game.cfg i could change the stuff i want to change. No direct shown methods to change the Resoultion or Keybinding.

Login You spawn into the world and than stuck into a object hello?

Quest Kill X of Y started griding the normal way. Graphic is horrible outdated.

For F2P no go to less options, to less guadiance at the first steps.
  9. Mar 5, 2013
    Firstly, the game is rather unpolished. The user interface is (extremely) rough and my character floats an inch or so off the ground. Combat and quests are completely uninteresting if you've played a fantasy MMO in the last 10 or so years; you'll be bored of Hub-based quests and combat that requires you to stay completely still (even changing the angle of the camera or your character's facing stops your current action and prevents you from attacking). Menus are sometimes confusing to navigate and the game seems as though it was translated from another language entirely (and poorly at that). Attention to detail is abysmally low (I read that a dummy dodged my blow in the combat log and I'll reckon that structures as well might do that as well.)
    The game has a stat system, but that only attempts to pidgeonhole the player into a certain race/faction in order to play a class they're interested in to its potential. There are hints of a crafting system but I couldn't get far enough in before the game disconnected me and I just don't have the heart to launch it again.
    The endgame PVP might be interesting, but its prospects are limited with fixed-camera standing combat pulled straight from the genre as it was 10 years ago. It's free to play, but definitely not worth the 1.7GB download.
    I have played a multitude of Free-To-Play MMOs and this comes off as half as polished and interesting as Perfect World Online, on just about every front sans the graphics, which it meets or exceeds; graphics alone get you nowhere though.
  10. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played this game since beta where it was extremely fun to play, however the company got greedy and started focusing more on making money and improving graphics than improving the game-play and balance.

The time you have to spend in this game to get to the end level is enormous, specially for new players who don't know the game which will just make it even harder, besides that the game is extremely unbalanced at the moment because ngd rarely touches this part of the game, to them, money is more important then the player experience.

The first thing you do in this game is grind until you are high enough level to enter the war zone which is an open area accessible through a wall that makes it impossible for the other realms to enter (unless they invade.) When you are high level the grinding doesn't stop though, you still have to grind for money so that you can pay for armor/weapon repairs (and arrows if you're an archer.)

Even though NGD made a promise that paying players would not have an advantage over non paying players in pvp, this is untrue, paying players has an easier time because they can buy boxes which gives them the items you have to grind for and the chances of getting something good is high, if you can't use it you can sell it to another player for more gold than you can earn by grinding.

The game focuses on rvr combat though where you have to capture all forts and castles of another faction to be able to invade another realm to steal their crystals, when all crystals have been stolen you can enter the door and talk to a dragon which will grant you a wish, all the people in the cave will vote on which wish they want and democracy will decide in the end.
    One would think that you'd have to use strategy, coordination and skill to invade, but the reality is that the faction with most players online gets to invade another realm.

TL;DR
    the idea of fighting a big war is pretty fun but will get dull pretty quickly and is not worth the enormous amount of time you have to spend on getting a character to level 60 not to mention the balance is horrible and you have to pay if you don't want to grind once you get level 60.
  11. Mar 6, 2013
    It's so appallingly bad. It's almost shocking. I mean, it's a brand new game. I assume people put time and money into it? No, yes? I'm worried they created a fake game just to steal some passwords, hoping people would use a common password to create their accounts; yeah it's just that shockingly horrible. The music, graphics, gameplay, controls, everything. No joke, I'd recommend you play just to get a kick out of the awe of how horribleness it is. Expand
  12. Mar 4, 2013
    So utterly bad, I had to finally create a metacritic account just to warn people. Besides it feeling generations behind, there is a complete lack of humility with everything about this game. From the fake reviews here to try and get the score up, to the claim on their site that this is the best MMO, to the wonky design decisions to change a large quantity of what people are familiar with in MMOs. If you want a better score, make the game for the players. BAD: Graphics, controls (pvp with no targeting? really?), bugs, unfinished. Expand
  13. Mar 23, 2013
    After struggling through this game for an entire hour, I uninstalled it. The controls are extremely un-intuitive, the graphics are not up to par with any other current MMO, the quests are shallow, the grinding is obscene, and combat is nearly impossible due to the controls. The sole redeeming quality of this game is the 'Die' option in the menu, after a 90 second wait... your character dies. Feeling somewhat different, and a little hurt on the inside, I decided to post this as a warning to you not to play this game. Please, spare yourself the experience. I think I'll go take a few showers and try to get past this now. Expand
  14. Jul 1, 2013
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jul 12, 2013
    Champions of Regnum boasts some big and enticing features. With Realm vs Realm being its main source of player retention, it aims to bring a huge dynamic player-driven battlefield to the MMO market. With these big goals set in place Regnum strives to achieve a large player base. Unfortunately it doesn’t. Its overall lackluster gameplay, unbalanced systems and chore-like grind make for a mundane and slow-plodding experience. If you’re looking for a Realm vs Realm MMO to play there are plenty of others out there. You’d be much better off playing the older and yet less archaic Dark Age of Camelot.