8.4

1. Nov 12, 2012
    Incredible game with amazing music and graphics. The story is really interesting and I'm rally into it. Can't wait to play the third part. Some puzzles are not logical,but overall it's a great adventure game. Maybe a little bit to short. It maybe a good idea to wait until they finish 3rd episodeand sell all three episodes in one pack.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Amazing game with lots of personality! Puzzles sometimes have illogical solutions but in hindsight I just needed to be more observant. The creators are great at adding more and more layers of depth to puzzles so the first solution you come up with is only a part of it. I love how fresh every puzzle is, they never recycle elements. More hilarious moments in this one than the first (lollipop scene is priceless). Rufus seemed like a total ass in the first one but I'm really starting to like him and root for him, even if he's still an ass. Again the only issue with this series is some mismatch between audio and subtitles but it barely takes away from the experience since it only happens once or twice, pretty good for a translated game. A real gem for adventure games. Collapse
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Chaos on Deponia is definitely the best point and click game I've ever played, going above Monkey Island and Broken Sword games which have been my favorites for a long time.
    Chaos on Deponia is the second game in 3 part series. The first game was amazing too, but not nearly at this level
    Not spoiling too much,(just don't read if you haven't played the first Deponia) star of Deponia 2 is
    once again Rufus, egoistical jerk who always has some scatter brained plan for everything and of course people get hurt in the process. He lives in a planet called Deponia, this giant garbarge pile where humans, or human like creatures live. Rufus is trying to get to Elysium, this place high above in the sky. Another big character is Goal, the love interest, and unlike in first game, this time she's not asleep for the majority of the game, only in the beginning as you try to assemble her mind back together. Both are great characters and really funny in their own way. Rufus is always trying to hit on Goal but she doesn't seem to be responsive, and Goal's mind is split in 3 parts and all of the parts have great personalities and you get to know her better as a whole when you try to persuade all of the parts and get to Elysium to tell them that Deponia is inhabitent and not to blow it up.
    Story takes couple of nice turns and leaves in a nice cliffhanger while giving satisfying ending. At some point you learn something aboyt Elysium, which might make you question a bit is Rufus really trying to do the right thing when he's trying to stop the supposedly bad guy and stop Deponia from exploding, and what does Rufus himself really want?
    Gameplay is standard, if you've played point & click games you'll know and if you haven't, it's not that hard to catch on. You talk to lots of colorful characters to gain information, and collect and combine all sorts of weird stuff from your inventory to progress forward.
    Puzzles in this game are top notch, best I've ever played. They're logical, they're challenging but not on impossible level but you still need to think and really listen to the characters. Sometimes there aren't even any hints to what you should do, not at least verbally because those puzzles are explained a little differently and they can get challenging.
    Humor is also one of the best in any game I've ever played. There's constantly coming real laugh out loud moments (Mc Thulhu restaurant was the best part).
    I played the game with English voice acting which was superb. I've heard that some previous Daedalic games haven't had that great English translation and many jokes have been lost from German version, but I don't think that's the case here, about every joke hits the mark and everything is completely understandable.
    Only bad thing I can say are the typo's, there aren't that much of them but they're noticeable. Now, I probably misspelled something in this review too as my native language isn't English, and neither is for the guys who made the game, Daedalic Entertainment, but those typo's still give away a bit unprofessional feeling and remind me that this is indeed an indie game. This doesn't make the game worse in any way and if you play it with English voice over and your first language is English, you most likely won't even read subtitles and the typo's are just a letter here and there, just pointing out.
    All and all, awesome game. This is definitely the best game in 2012 that I've played and new king of point & click games in my list. Can't wait for Deponia 3.
  4. Jan 17, 2013
    The sequal to the first game (Deponia). I recommend that you play the first game, and if you already have and you're reading this, what the hell are you waiting for? Go play Chaos on Deponia! :)
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    An amazing sequel to Deponia. Game is long and everything that I ever liked in original is improved. More characters, more locations, more puzzles, more humor, and ofcourse, even more junk.
  6. Jan 17, 2013
    Well, I really liked this game, even more than Deponia. The storyline is great, and the writing is fantastic. The puzzles are also much better than Deponia, which had a few puzzles that were basically impossible without a walkthrough - there was still a few ridiculous puzzles, but not nearly as many. My only other complaint is that, like Deponia, the ending feels rushed and unresolved. Hopefully the final game in the trilogy will not be like that. I don't think I'd have paid $20 for this, but I don't regret paying $10 for it, and at $5 it would be a must-buy. Expand
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    I played through first Deponia, and liked it a lot. Chaos on Deponia is better: first of all, sound is fixed, so it doesn't suddenly jump up a dozen decibels. Secondly, puzzles now are a little harder, and more interesting. Thirdly, the game is longer or so it seems to me. Still loving the professional translation humor if funny and enjoyable. Recommend to all Adventure Lovers and Cartoony Junkies! Expand
  8. Aug 25, 2013
    Chaos on Deponia has great drawings, an interesting, appealing atmosphere, and an epic score, which livens up the start menu section.
    Unfortunately, under the pretty facade, both on its own, and in comparison with its predecessor, this adventure game is severely lacking in actual content. Yes, there are more areas to explore, more scenes to play out, and more videos to watch, but the
    jokes are fit for little children (which is out of place in a game with a mature setting), are devoid of wit, intelligence, or class (oh, this guy speaks in a funny way, let's laugh about it for the entire game, because it's obviously such a riot) not to mention the completely needless and tasteless parts with cruelty to animals.
    Supplementing the vapid, hollow humor are unlikable, skin-deep characters that do not evoke the tiniest bit of emotional attachment.
    All except the protagonist, of course who is a loathsome with no redeeming qualities, which I found repeatedly wanting to see fail. The fact that he is an oblivious, rude, shallow, mean-spirited, self-centered, charmless, immature idiot (and yes, this is how the game itself portrays him) might have been (almost) cute in the first game, but his behavior is simply insufferable this time around. In effect, he does not serve as a hero, anti-hero (Guybrush Threepwood has that part done correctly), or even as comic relief.

In short, this is an average adventure game, that falls short of the classics it tries to imitate (there are a few homages too, not that they help much). Despite wanting to like it, I became more and more disappointed as the story progressed. Perhaps this trilogy (why?) can still be saved in its third installment, when that is available, but my advice is to think three times before handing over your money.
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    More of the first and a lot of fun aswell. Clearly this new company should be watched for what else the might be making and I can't wait for the final conclusion about Deponia on what might happen. Hopefully, it will be a brilliant, but also fun ending
  10. Nov 20, 2012

1. Apr 29, 2013
    Chaos on Deponia is too similar to the first episode and too limited to its classic structure to get a better score. A good adventure, but it lacks in pace and brilliance.
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    As the second part of a trilogy, Chaos on Deponia does exactly what it needs to do, and it does it well enough. There's some story progression here, as well as character advancement to help flesh things out. It's too bad that the advancement comes very late into the game, leaving the player with a somewhat alternate take on the original tale instead. The presentation holds up very well, and the adventure is humorously entertaining.
  3. Mar 15, 2013
    Chaos on Deponia delivers some laughs, but on the downside the puzzles are illogical and the main character is a total jerk. With better story and some added logic, this extremely beautiful point'n'clicker would've been so much better. If you want challenge, this is your game. For those of who appreciate solid story-telling, you better keep looking. [March 2013]