• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Sep 20, 2012
6.6

1. Dec 31, 2012
    I took a look at this game a few times and thought "Oh, why not, it looks quite fun so I'll give it a try," and it really didn't disappoint me in many ways, and in several aspects is probably one of the better titles I've played this year. First of all, the story centers on Miley Verisse who is trying to establish a Comedy Club in her School and requires five people to set it up, allI took a look at this game a few times and thought "Oh, why not, it looks quite fun so I'll give it a try," and it really didn't disappoint me in many ways, and in several aspects is probably one of the better titles I've played this year. First of all, the story centers on Miley Verisse who is trying to establish a Comedy Club in her School and requires five people to set it up, all within an in game time limit, it felt like a very fun story as you go around town talking to the candidates which Miley has picked and getting to know them and chat to them was pretty interesting and each character feels unique in their own way, the game also features multiple endings by how many people you convince in the end of the game to join the Comedy Club, allowing some re-playability of the title in order to see what happens if for example she didn't get enough to establish the club, or if she recruited everyone. The gameplay is essentially walking around a town and talking to people, you can do things, earn money or study on different conversation topics in order to allow you to talk to people about what they like better. For example, if you watch a sports movie at the cinema for $15 you gain some skill in sports conversations, this makes time management a bit more important, because you have to structure when you are going to do different things in order to convince people before the time limit ends. The only issue I had with the game was the overall length, I completed my first run of the game in around three hours, which was fine to pass an evening, but for the full price tag may be a little short for some people, although if you wanted to try to get another ending you could easily clock another two/three hours. In conclusion, if you like games with good stories and some aspects of time management, you may enjoy this, however for a three hour game I'd say wait until you can get it perhaps half price. The Expand
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    I walk into this game with little expectations. (I mean what do you expect from a game called Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.) And It put in this Cheery Mood.

The music was upbeat and rocking, the dialogue was hilarious, and the characters were colorful and likable. I will confess the Game only has two playthough if you know what your doing. Also it's a visual novel meaning you have to

I will confess the Game only has two playthough if you know what your doing. Also it's a visual novel meaning you have to read a bunch of text, which is a bit of a turn off.

But even with those complaints I would love to see a sequel.
  3. Dec 23, 2014
    You get about what you'd expect from this genre of game. I couldn't find anything disappointing, but there wasn't anything spectacular that surprised me either. Well, it is surprisingly upbeat. The characters were all good, but again, nothing spectacular there.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jul 24, 2012
    It may be short, but Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is a nice change of pace from other games and offers something unique.