Chessmaster 10th Edition PC

• Release Date: Aug 12, 2004
7.2

1. MoeF.
    Sep 1, 2004
    It's the most comprising, beautiful, feature packed full chess game money can buy! It is way ahead of any other chess program I've seen before... Lots and lots of chess tutorials teached by the grand masters, a zillion of AI personalitites to choose from, the best graphic presentation I've seen in a chess game.
  2. FrancsoisF.
    Sep 14, 2004
    Excellent, and it is easier to play online. Not a massive difference from the 9 th edition.
  3. RudyS.
    Feb 25, 2005
    I don't like Chessmaster 10th Edition so much. You can buy Fritz 8 Deluxe for the same price and it is better in every aspect. And the online play that comes with Chessmatster is a disaster. It is a hassle to get in and there is just nobody playing. With Fritz 8 Deluxe you get a year of free membership to Playchess.com and that is the largest chess server in the world!
  4. Chester
    Nov 4, 2004
    Chessmaster still pales in comparison to the Fritz Chess Engine .. Do yourself a favor - save your money and wait for Fritz 8 Deluxe.
  5. MauriceB.
    Aug 17, 2004
    Very good chess game. I really like the 3D version and the many options available. The tutorials are very good explained and give you the time to enhance your chess skill.
  6. JimM.
    Aug 26, 2007
    I had read online that CM 10th edition had glitches was wasn't running well. I still wanted to try it and figured that my new top of the line laptop should run it just fine once I downloaded the patches from UBI's website. Well...bad news, it's not working and nothing I've tried to do so far has gotten it going. In 2007, that's unacceptable from a company I had read online that CM 10th edition had glitches was wasn't running well. I still wanted to try it and figured that my new top of the line laptop should run it just fine once I downloaded the patches from UBI's website. Well...bad news, it's not working and nothing I've tried to do so far has gotten it going. In 2007, that's unacceptable from a company that's been around for so long. Expand

1. As complete a chess package as you could want, although it's missing a few friendly touches. [Oct 2004, p.88]
  2. It is also extremely demanding on your PC, and will downright frustrate a laptop user for the constant processor usage and potential heat issues. Otherwise, it is a lush game with extras (look at the Fun Area-- made mostly for kids) that keep it fresh.
    This truly is worth every single penny. As a novice to chess myself, there was a variety of tools and features that I'm sure will enable me to enhance my chess skills.