Chessmaster 10th Edition PC

• Release Date: Aug 12, 2004
7.4

1. RudyS.
    Feb 25, 2005
    I don't like Chessmaster 10th Edition so much. You can buy Fritz 8 Deluxe for the same price and it is better in every aspect. And the online play that comes with Chessmatster is a disaster. It is a hassle to get in and there is just nobody playing. With Fritz 8 Deluxe you get a year of free membership to Playchess.com and that is the largest chess server in the world!
  2. Chester
    Nov 4, 2004
    Chessmaster still pales in comparison to the Fritz Chess Engine .. Do yourself a favor - save your money and wait for Fritz 8 Deluxe.

1. PC Gamer
    As complete a chess package as you could want, although it's missing a few friendly touches. [Oct 2004, p.88]
  2. It is also extremely demanding on your PC, and will downright frustrate a laptop user for the constant processor usage and potential heat issues. Otherwise, it is a lush game with extras (look at the Fun Area-- made mostly for kids) that keep it fresh.
    This truly is worth every single penny. As a novice to chess myself, there was a variety of tools and features that I'm sure will enable me to enhance my chess skills.