7.2

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Oh good God! This game is... AMAZING!
    Let me tell you why this game, from an independent developer took SimCity's 2013 crown as the best city simulator:
    Oh good God! This game is... AMAZING!

1. This game HAS AGENTS! Just like the new SimCity 2013, don't believe me? Find a citizen on the street (the slang for the term citizen in this game is, ironically.. Cim) and you can follow the Cims in the city. They will do everyday tasks based on a schedule, which i will cover in a later reason why this game is better, they have a STABLE work place, and a STABLE house, not like the Sims in SC2013, who will randomly pick the closest available house and job every day.

2. The next reason why this game is better than SC2013, is related to the Cims. Since each Cim is interdependently simulated by the game, with its own daily routine, this will create traffic problems. Traffic in this game is way more realistic than the one in SC. The cars will actually park on the street (you have this type of road, which btw this game has more road options than all the SC games and Cities XL combined!). Once the car parks next to the job, house, etc, you can see the Cim GOING IN AND OUT of it! Most Cims have cars, close to SC, they will leave their cars and walk close to their work/home.

3. The time is more realistic than SC2013. It does indeed have a day/nigh cycle, but it also has a semi-realistic ingame clock. Each minute in the game is a second in real life, so an hour in the game lasts 1 minute in real life, and a day in the game lasts 24 minutes in real life (there are speed options). This does not stop here, there are weekdays, from Monday to Sunday, and the Cims are actually programmed to act according to these days, meaning you will get a huge rush hour Monday morning and Friday evening, but it will be less traffic on weekends, well less traffic between work and homes. Same applies to night hours, you will not see people wondering the streets at 2 AM... The weekend means that Cims will go to leisure places more.

4. Map size, the thing that in my opinion broke SC2013. I did not have time to compare the maps in this game, which by the way, it has a built in map editor, so people can go crazy and share maps, just like the old SC4 days, think of them as terraforming tools, they do just that, you can morph the terrain, add mountains, rivers, even build a city and use it to make a scenario like the good old Roller Coaster Tycoon days. Back to map size, the map is definitively bigger than the cities in SC2013, but there is a catch, it is a fixed map size, and there are only 6 available cities, different layouts, reliefs but same size, this is also the only available size in the map editor, but as i say, it is bigger than 2x2km, I say, it is somewhere close to 3x3km, I would dare to say that it is as big as the large map from SC4, but don't take my word for it.

5. City building, personally, I like it more that the city grows around your roads, it takes away the burden of micromanagement, comparing it to SC, which is the point of this review, it is better, not like SC2013 gives you many tools, just plop some zones and based on the road density, buildings plop out, well this mechanism is similar in CIM2, the road density affects the size of the building. There are no government buildings, the game generates them, which I think is better since it balances the services, like schools, police stations, etc. The only drawback here is that the schools, police and the rest of the government buildings do not generate education, security, etc, but they do generate work places for Cims. All in all, this is a much more simple city planning, and since SC2013 became so simple, from the two games, CIM2 has a better one. SC4 is still king at city planning, but we are talking about SC2013 here.

6. Mass transit. I will not say a lot here... SC2013 gives you bus stations, trains, which you cannot plop rails btw, and that is it... This game however give you buses, trams, trolleys, metros that can become elevated, and "boat buses". Not a lot of options compared to SC2013, but at least you can draw the lines wherever you want, create lines for each type, and not stay helplessly and watch your buses get stuck in a loop because the agent AI is broken...

7. Most important feature that makes CIM2 better than SC2013... IT HAS MULTIPLAYER.
    But with no DRM. It actually has a fun multiplayer, you can play with your friends, you share a city with them, but the city gets saves on YOUR computer (and YOUR friends if you play it together).... Let me repeat YOU CAN SAVE YOUR CITY ON YOUR COMPUTER..

So yea, a indie developer destroyed a franchise that ironically, inspired this type of games, but it destroyed itself as well because of corporate greed. Bravo Paradox, you sirs deserve all the internets in the world!
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    As a newcomer to this series, and after hearing about the recent disaster of SimCity, I thought that dropping $20 on a decent-looking city simulator would be ok. Got in-game, and very quickly was overwhelmed at the transportation aspect of it. Very complex to pick up, but then again games like this shine with its complexity. So many options you could imagine. Plus, the level editor givesAs a newcomer to this series, and after hearing about the recent disaster of SimCity, I thought that dropping $20 on a decent-looking city simulator would be ok. Got in-game, and very quickly was overwhelmed at the transportation aspect of it. Very complex to pick up, but then again games like this shine with its complexity. So many options you could imagine. Plus, the level editor gives you full reign over the size, shape, and density of your city, which appears to be perpetually successful, at least visually. The main challenge is to keep your city happy with public transportation, which is more fun that it sounds, especially if you've ever enjoyed train simulators, or similar. It definitely has it's flaws, such as movement controls, but I think I will have hours of fun experimenting, building, and expanding with this game. Expand
  3. Apr 3, 2013
    This looks like it could be a great game but it's really complicated, much more then the first one was. It has a lot of improvements over CiM, but some of it's drawbacks. It's now gridless, which is good, but the metro lines are like the rail lines in the first editor, very finicky on how they'll link up. So add that to the gridless and I found laying out track very frustrating. TheThis looks like it could be a great game but it's really complicated, much more then the first one was. It has a lot of improvements over CiM, but some of it's drawbacks. It's now gridless, which is good, but the metro lines are like the rail lines in the first editor, very finicky on how they'll link up. So add that to the gridless and I found laying out track very frustrating. The ability to have lines auto resolve (kind of like what Sid Mier's Railway tycoon did) would really help.
    Each line needs a depot, which adds a new element, but connecting depots to all your lines with the exception of the bus, could be a bit of a pain.
    The new elevation system is much more powerful but less intuitive. Instead of simply clicking on a depth icon you use the page up or down to change elevation, which you have to pay close attention to because so far I've seen no way to tell what elevation everything else is. You also will still see all the roads when you go lower which I found a bit weird, it be nice to be able to toggle this behavior.
    I've also found that it's a bit harder to make sure your tram is running in the right direction. The tutorial (so far) and manual don't give nearly enough information and guidance on how everything fits and works together. Like many European games it's really detailed and has a ton of depth. And like many European games it will take a bit of work to really master. For some that will be a challenge to others a PITA. I'm just not sure which one I'll be. If you loved CiM you'l most likely like this one, and possibly love it once it grows on you. If you only liked CiM I'd give it a pass. And if you've never played CiM, I'd give it a shot before this one.
    The one good thing is that with CiM they was improvements made to the game as time went on. Hopefully Paradox will see the area's that need to be improved and do their utmost to fix them.
  4. May 21, 2013
    This was a pretty big let-down for me, personally. I love just about everything which comes out of Paradox, love economic sims, and I love complexity. Heck, I still follow and play openTTD.

Unfortunately, while the game is very complex, there's just not much depth in CiM2. There's no real progression, poor balance (just take out a massive initial loan, build a metro going over most of the city, and you're done), the challenges are mostly waiting games (in city "revisits," you frequently need to do absolutely nothing to win just wait for money to accumulate from lines you set up in earlier levels), and you're stuck with maybe 15-ish vehicles total for 6 different types of transportation (three of them operating effectively the same way). The non-story challenges are just silly, with many people asking you to build a line somewhere already covered, but they want direct (and unprofitable for me!) passage from point X to point Y instead of needing to use multiple lines. There's another which pops up every now and then which offers cash for purchasing x vehicles, which is just really lazy on the devs' part it's not fun and quirky, it's lazy and uncaring.

The game gets particularly tedious in designing lines, where you're just going along roads clicking a mouse button over, and over, and over. That's just to set stations up. Then you need to click the same 50-200 objects all over so vehicles know where to move. -No, you can't just have the game go linearly through the stations you just set up (station 1, then station 2, then station 3, etc) that'd be too "simple." Micromanagement gets worse when you're constantly changing ticket prices back and forth because "there's an economy." This is supposed to be what's keeping you engaged while you wait for more money, but these are really the times the game annoyed me because I knew I had to keep switching to the CiM2 window to babysit my company. It adds complexity, but not depth there's no meaning, or feeling of accomplishment, it's just there to take time up. The people in the city aren't interesting, there aren't interesting problems to solve, designing lines wasn't interesting after the first few, and it just really lacks the engagement I expect out of econ sims and Paradox games. In games like CK2, you CREATE an engaging narrative, facilitated by the game. In CiM2, there's just no narrative to create. "Today, I made lots of money and moved a lot of people I have no reason to care about. Tomorrow, I will move more people because a dialogue box told me that's what I'm supposed to do."

Occasionally (after 1-3 hours of play, generally), it'd CTD, and that'd annoy me, but I kind of expect that out of sim games.

I went through the entire game, thinking there was going to be something new introduced or some exciting game mode if I kept slogging through levels, but there wasn't. I finished the last level, a dialogue box popped up saying I won, and depressed me by having me wonder what else I could've done with my time. Quite honestly, I preferred traffic management in SimCity4, and SimCity4 has many, many more mods, much more depth to gameplay, and just more content all-around.
  5. Apr 9, 2013
    This game is, by leaps and bounds, the best city simulation game to come out in a while. Great AI pathing, impressive graphics, persistent sims, so many choices for transit it boggles the mind, and I could go on.

The initial learning curve is hard to get over, but it's well worth it. The tutorial wasn't done very well and doesn't really teach you how to jump head first into the first scenario. I recommend watching at least 1 youtube video on metros and reading up on reddit or another social media site to get past the curve.

Be prepared to dream about placing bus stops, trolley lines, and underground metros after the initial 10 hours or so of gameplay.
  6. Jun 3, 2013
    When I finished playing the campaign I stopped playing. The annoying and unintuitive UI just gets me down to bother going around again,

Issues with building glitches like being stopped by "water" when building underground metros when no water exists. If you delete the line and build again the water mysteriously disappears. It got old very fast. Poor pedestrian and traffic AI will

Poor pedestrian and traffic AI will destroy your best efforts at smooth flow of people and only destruction and rebuilds fixes the problem however building/redoing bus lines (the simplest available) after a while becomes tedious and bothering to doing it properly becomes all too hard.

Nice zoom gfx down to person level from the height of a jet only keeps you interested for a short time and although the game has huge potential it falls short in longevity. Too much effort in eye-candy seems to be the norm these days.

It got 76 hours in total and this is from someone who played Eurotruck 2 for nearly 600 hours. Go figure...
  7. Apr 2, 2013
    This game needs a bit of work. I had high expectations, but I was unable to play the game for more than a few hours before becoming frustrated, mainly with the UI. Fingers crossed that the dev team will stay behind it and push out updates.
    For starters, attempting to build an underground metro is torture. Roads and metro tunnels get in the way of viewing track, and unlike CiM 1, you have to build the track first and then station second. Which is slightly frustrating. Fortunately, many community members are pointing out these and others to the devs on the official forums in hopes that they're improved on in the near future.
    I enjoyed CiM 1 and I hope to see this release in the franchise improved upon to, well, the point where it feels like it's actually a finished game. At this moment (release day), I feel a little to frustrated by it to play. Fingers crossed!
    Good to see it's release wasn't quite as botched as SimCity's! Although it did have a hiccup or two.
    Hopefully I'll be able to bump up my rating soon.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    As a big fan of Cities in Motion 1 and the company behind it, Colossal Order, I had very high expectations for this sequel. I can honestly say that CiM 2 is amazing, and I think it is just what the fans wanted. The game is beautiful, the gameplay has been vastly improved and it is great that they've allowed gridless construction. In CiM 2 it really feels like you have complete control overAs a big fan of Cities in Motion 1 and the company behind it, Colossal Order, I had very high expectations for this sequel. I can honestly say that CiM 2 is amazing, and I think it is just what the fans wanted. The game is beautiful, the gameplay has been vastly improved and it is great that they've allowed gridless construction. In CiM 2 it really feels like you have complete control over the public transport in the city you are playing. Performance has been increased vastly. The frame rate no longer drops at high simulation speed. Of course there are a few glitches but I am certain they will be patched very soon. Colossal Order has always been listening to the players.
    The game is a must-buy for all simulation fans.
  9. Jul 26, 2013
    The game has such amount of micro management that after 30 minutes trying to put a track on the right place you will realize that in the past hour you had no fun at all.
  10. Jun 1, 2013
    Spent many hours and ~10 retries, unable to make any substantial profits on the 1-st level. The UI is unusable. There's no e.g. "close all windows" hotkey. No way to move windows. Every window has its own unique close button in different parts of it. The construction UI is extremely hard to use. The "Tickets price" UI is hard to use, it sometimes require about 100 clicks on differentSpent many hours and ~10 retries, unable to make any substantial profits on the 1-st level. The UI is unusable. There's no e.g. "close all windows" hotkey. No way to move windows. Every window has its own unique close button in different parts of it. The construction UI is extremely hard to use. The "Tickets price" UI is hard to use, it sometimes require about 100 clicks on different small "up" buttons, very entertaining. Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2013
    A promising game ruined by poor programming and design.

A promising game ruined by poor programming and design.

The UI is unusable it took me about 2 hours to be able to build a metro line that actually works. Unhelpful error messages during the process don't help. Nor does the fact that you can misclick by one pixel and not realise meaning you're bankrupt and have a line that doesn't work. Other examples of the terrible UI include lists of vehicles that use the same icon for every vehicle yes, you really have to mouse over each entry in the list to tell them apart, and even then you still need to know the capacity associated with each vehicle name, because even when mousing over, only the name is actually displayed if the vehicle is currently in a depot. Very helpful and well thought out...

The tutorial is as clear as mud it consists of telling you to do things that are self evident such as place some stops and connect them but DOESN'T tell you how the game actually works or what to look out for. The end of the tutorial is supposed to be you building a metro line, but the only info you're given is "build a metro line". There's no info on how to actually place metro tracks so they're not red (i.e. unplaceable), or more importantly, how to build the metro underground. So it's click click click, that's not working, click click click, god this is frustrating... click click click, you know what I give up.

Once you've finally surmounted these unnecessary issues, you're left with a game whose core mechanics are flawed. City growth can at best be described as "random" and more truthfully as "broken". Industry spreads like cancer all over a city, especially to high value areas with high traffic where high rise offices and housing ought to be. Build a new road and the "intelligent" game plonks 3 schools right next to another. Then, 3 minutes later, it removes the schools and build something else for nor apparent reason. Passengers would rather walk for 30 minutes than go another stop on the bus they're already on. Ticket prices require changing every couple of hours, but this again seems random rather than due to anything related to your network and quickly becomes boring and repetitive.

Unfortunately, the game is already in that stage where DLC is being released regularly, so chances are the core mechanics aren't going to be fixed. What the devs really need to do is take the best parts of CiM 1 and the best parts of CiM 2 and weed out the serious flaws in both games. If they actually got their act together, they'd be on to a winner. As it is they've released 2 games that are halfway there but have such serious issues that you begin to wonder if the series is ever going to go anywhere.

At any rate, my advice to anyone still considering buying CiM2 would be to wait for the next game. This one doesn't cut the mustard and ends up being an exercise in frustration rather than fun.
  12. Apr 3, 2013
    It's a brilliant game that offers a lot of possibilities to build and manage a transportation network, even though the visual presentation and the acoustics are rather mediocre.

From ferries and buses through to streetcars and metro, everything you (might) need to build your transportation empire is there. You are able to adjust ticket prices, define ticketing zones, manage timetables and to build a whole city from scratch with a huge amount of different road types (16?) which allow you to build a very detailed and complex road network. To name but a few, there are roads and avenues with multiple lanes, bus lanes and one way streets.

The game might be a little bit overwhelming in the beginning and one needs some time to get used to everything. The interface is a bit dated, but provides all information that is needed. If you are are familiar with with games like Transport Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon, OpenTTD, Simutrans or SimCity you shouldn't have much problems to get used to it and if you are looking for a game with a detailed mass transportation and traffic simulation then you will be happy. But please note that if you are looking for a city builder and care for beautiful graphics, this game isn't for you.
  13. Apr 2, 2013
    CIM2 is absolutely outstanding! It feels like all of those mods and custom content that was created by the community for CIM1 have been added to this game allowing so much more control and flexibility over its predecessor. Camera movement and other game controls are slightly different so it takes a little getting used to, but when you understand how the game works, it really comes into itsCIM2 is absolutely outstanding! It feels like all of those mods and custom content that was created by the community for CIM1 have been added to this game allowing so much more control and flexibility over its predecessor. Camera movement and other game controls are slightly different so it takes a little getting used to, but when you understand how the game works, it really comes into its own! Thumbs Up! Expand
  14. Apr 4, 2013
    I have never played CIM before, but this is a fantastic game! I'm not going back to Sim City anytime soon. The transportation simulation is really complex, it reminds me Transport Tycoon Deluxe, which was an amazing game of its time. Performance is also excellent! All four cores being used and gpu utilization is also good. So far it's perfect city simulation, I have to play it more to findI have never played CIM before, but this is a fantastic game! I'm not going back to Sim City anytime soon. The transportation simulation is really complex, it reminds me Transport Tycoon Deluxe, which was an amazing game of its time. Performance is also excellent! All four cores being used and gpu utilization is also good. So far it's perfect city simulation, I have to play it more to find any flaws. Expand
  15. Apr 4, 2013
    Cities in motion 2 is a huge improvement, and it fixes all the problems I had with the previous one. Cities in motion 2 is so much more in depth, and there's a lot less constraints or limits. This game is a shining example of what transportation sims should be like.
  16. Jul 4, 2013
    A mediocre sequel of an excellent game. It's like Cities in Motion 2 came before the first one.

Gameplay is much worse and complicated you have to invest a great deal of time to learn and some things don't make sense. Depot in every neighborhood buses break down too frequently, too many information tabs, but no real information at all. The campaign is also boring, without real challenge. Sandbox mode on the contrary is decent and the editor is also fine. Graphics are almost the same and blase and the sound boring.

Pros are the low price, 20€ is a fine price for a game and the Title of the Game. Hopefully we will see some improvements from the company soon.
  17. Oct 26, 2013
    Bought this game this morning, but was disappointed that it couldn't run lag-free. I even tried lowering the graphics setting to its lowest point but it still lags. The trailer for this looks amazing and even some of the game play done by others. If I can run The Sims 3 on its highest settings, I could have done the same for this game. Some people cannot afford a graphics video card yaBought this game this morning, but was disappointed that it couldn't run lag-free. I even tried lowering the graphics setting to its lowest point but it still lags. The trailer for this looks amazing and even some of the game play done by others. If I can run The Sims 3 on its highest settings, I could have done the same for this game. Some people cannot afford a graphics video card ya know. Being a simulation game, I'll just rate a 5/10 on this. Expand
  18. Dec 1, 2013
    Half of the reviews on this page are fake rubbish...

I'm surprised as any spammer can register, give a vote (usually 0 or 10) and leave undisturbed, his vote untouchable... Ok, check out my account as well, at least this review was written by a "serious" person (I hope) :) The game: - dripping with promises, intriguing, tempting... - and so poorly executed in some CRUCIAL
    Half of the reviews on this page are fake rubbish...

The game:

- dripping with promises, intriguing, tempting...
    - and so poorly executed in some CRUCIAL mechanisms, that one wonders if the developers have ever actually played a management simulation game!

I focus on the main point that make me literally "scream": manage the speed of the game...
    Also setting MAX speed, the game is soooooo slow that take ages only to finish a stupid working week...

Oh, ok, I can change it through the settings, right? You mean these incredible and stupid list of about THREE hundred voices?
    Ok, can I just set time to be more... "fast"? No problem, but, if you want to change also "how" the world go fast meanwhile, you have to change these other settings... and this other... and find an improbable balance (yeah, I know it's difficult to understand, but this is HOW it actually works the game!).

And so it's practically impossible to change game speed... because, also if you manage to find an "ideal" setting, the game is NOT BEING BUILD to change ANY of these settings and make it work, so you'll find innumerable errors, that make this game look as a business simulation game like a Barbie(TM) game would look like!

And why the city are so small and grow so slowly? Why my commuters return at home (from work) at 11 of evening? Why some bugs don't let me set a normal ferry service?

It's a game that brings many "why"...

But the first, surely is: WHY I have spent 30 euros (game expansion), many restart, and 60 hours of my precious time to play on it, waiting and hoping for the next patch?
  19. Apr 4, 2013
    Not quite perfect. A great game with real control, real choices. The editor is a great idea but the lack of a grid is tricky for road laying. But this is nit picking. This game was built with less than 5% of the budget of Simcity...and the result is 5x better. Not having a go at EA, not being spiteful for the sake of it this is a better game than Simcity. It is in fact Sim city for aNot quite perfect. A great game with real control, real choices. The editor is a great idea but the lack of a grid is tricky for road laying. But this is nit picking. This game was built with less than 5% of the budget of Simcity...and the result is 5x better. Not having a go at EA, not being spiteful for the sake of it this is a better game than Simcity. It is in fact Sim city for a quarter of the cost to buy and 10x the pleaseure to play. Expand
  20. Sep 20, 2014
    I tried to like Cities in Motion 2. I really did. In the end though, I think I preferred the original Cities in Motion over its sequel. Cities in Motion 2 adds unnecessary complexity that makes the game less fun to play, not to mention the single player campaign pales in comparison to the original. Yes the graphics are better than the original and yes the ability to play it multiplayer isI tried to like Cities in Motion 2. I really did. In the end though, I think I preferred the original Cities in Motion over its sequel. Cities in Motion 2 adds unnecessary complexity that makes the game less fun to play, not to mention the single player campaign pales in comparison to the original. Yes the graphics are better than the original and yes the ability to play it multiplayer is a pretty huge addition, but is it enough? I don't think so. Expand
  21. May 19, 2013
    Darn it Paradox.

I love your games, I love CK2 and I adored the first CiM. I have 41 hours in it and loved every bit and was so excited for the new one, but it is just too buggy. I get random crashes every 15, and I can't find any solutions. If they fix it, I will change my review but until then, it really isn't worth buying. So frustrating. The game is fun, and that's what makes me
    Darn it Paradox.

So frustrating.
    The game is fun, and that's what makes me so angry. You are busy enjoying the game and then it crashes, and you lost your progress.
  22. Apr 13, 2013
    The simulator is very deep and intelligently designed, you have to take some time to experiment how things work, but once you get the grasp the possibilities are endless! Maybe just a bit weird UI and controls, however the latter can be customized to your liking. I highly recommend this game!
  23. May 19, 2013
    I was a bit scared at launch. A very good communication with customers and fantastic listening, 3 weeks later, most of the requests are satisfied. Game play is very good with a lot of flexibility in the game rules. Congratulations to Paradox game and all the teams for your hard work.
  24. Apr 3, 2013
    Cities in Motion 2 does much of what Cities in Motion could not. Realistic and dynamic cityscapes are the name of the game here as this iteration foregoes the gridlike trappings of the original. You can actually design transit systems and infrastructure that influence the way the city grows; new buildings will develop and appear along the roads, subways, and tramways that you build.

I

I had some concerns that this one would not run very well on my 2011 iMac, as the original would encounter framerate issues when you would speed up the simulation. My concerns were unwarranted as they seem to have optimized the graphics rendering so not only are they better, but they actually run better than the original. Awesome!

The only reason it is a 9 is because some aspects of the engine are a little dated, however, as transit simulations go this would seem to be the best on the market.
  25. Apr 3, 2013
    Greatly improved from last version though feels little unpolished. Metro lines can be annoying to build time to time and the UI is not even close as good as it was in the Cim1. But hopefully devs will fix these things soon.
  26. Apr 11, 2013
    Cities in Motion 2 is a game which put transport tycoons to a new level. When you are starting the game, it creeps a little that you don't know what you have to do. That's Cities in Motion 2 main fault. The tutorial covers not all of the items that are important to start your own transport tycoon,it's hard to understand how everything works,but when you got the hang of it,the game itselfCities in Motion 2 is a game which put transport tycoons to a new level. When you are starting the game, it creeps a little that you don't know what you have to do. That's Cities in Motion 2 main fault. The tutorial covers not all of the items that are important to start your own transport tycoon,it's hard to understand how everything works,but when you got the hang of it,the game itself will take you through you journey. Also,it is quite nice that they thought about a sandbox game mode. It is not standard in this genre,but it makes it a little bit more interesting to get yourself in the game!

N.I. This is my first review,don't be mad at me!
  27. May 19, 2013
    Big fan of city building, i like depth in a game and this is an ok game if it would work. But it's buggy, very buggy. Getting fatal errors every 20 minuyte (seriously) and being left in the dark by support is too much to win my heart with an no more than ok game.
  28. Jun 3, 2013
    I have updated Cities in Motion 2 with the latest patch (1.2.2) and it seems to have more glitches than ever!

The trams get stuck at intersections forever, they move forward (block the intersection) and sit there indefinitely. My trams and buses also get stuck behind invisible traffic. They inch up like they would if slow congested traffic is ahead of them, and once in a while a car will become visible.

I am deleting glitched vehicles constantly.

This game would be the best if they could fix the glitches.
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    First Cities in Motion was one of the finest sim experiences I ever had. I pre-ordered CIM 2 but I regret I did as I was quite disappointed. The biggest drawback that it feels like the game could have been more polished.
    I deeply dislike their DLC policy to make the game more complete and they are very expensive for just few models.
  30. Jun 29, 2013
    Cities in motion 2 is a great simulation game if you decide to spend the time and effort on learning the UI and city micromanagement.
    I would stick to sandbox because if you play campaign you'd spend an hour just waiting for a couple thousand dollars to roll in.

1. May 21, 2013
    Fiddly at times, and cursed with a lousy tutorial, the intricacy and scale of Cities in Motion 2 eventually shines through. [July 2013, p.74]
  2. May 13, 2013
    Cities in Motion 2 is great upgrade of the previous Cities. Bigger, better, but also much, much easier. [May 2013]
  3. May 13, 2013
    The biggest problem with Cities in Motion 2 is that this game is extremely user-unfriendly. Gameplay is sluggish even with the highest time compression and the interface contradicts ergonomics and intuition. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.80]