5.8

1. May 5, 2011
    When I first played the game I already had then the feeling the game still has a long road to make to reach the greatness of the Simcity games. The game just didn't felt finished more like a beta game.
    But I believe that if this project continues to improve it does reach the greatness of the Simcity games.
    What it already has is: - Stunning graphics - Looking in your city and walking in
    What it already has is:

- Stunning graphics
    - Looking in your city and walking in a horizontal angle (something Simcity never had and is so important in the next-gen city game because the city feels much more different in that angle)
    - Enormous maps enough space to build
    - The strategy in the game is already pretty good but some changes still wouldn't hurt

What the game still needs:

- A big modding community because the developer of the game just can't put al the wishes of the player in de game a modding community can. (example: Simcity 4 had a great modding community because Maxis promoted the to be the architect himself of a building by giving the gamers BAT which worked out pretty well many mods were looking professional and helped making the game even greater en greatly extended the fun in the game)
    - Building a city is sometimes annoying because the road snaps to fast on another road or if you place a building it deletes an other building while you don't want it to be deleted. So that can be improved
    - You can't make your own map you have to choose between already designed maps and the tools you get to modify the map are bad and you have only 3 landtools.
    - Ow and please those technical issues are a pain in the ass. Even the best computers struggle if you have a normal sized city. And the game crashes fast which is annoying if you didn't saved the game

There sure are more things to say about what's great and not great about the game but even when it still isn't the next-gen city game it definitely has the potential to become it and in my opinion it is the greatest try so far since Simcity.

Great visuals cannot hide the fact Cities XL 2011 game works only on well-established principles and brings no revolution to this genre. Everything works well but there is no space for surprise for anyone. [Issue#199]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Cities XL 2011 is an astoundingly complete game, which further enhances the quality of the previous game. It has almost infinite gameplay options, and although we miss a more human approach to our inhabitants, it has incredible management options for our city.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    If you like the management games genre, keep in mind that CITIES XL tries to simplify every aspect of the gameplay you are accustomed to, but you still might like it.