City of Heroes PC

• Release Date: Apr 27, 2004
8.4

1. Chris
    May 8, 2004
    You pay for the game, then on top of that pay $15 a month to be online.
  2. SteveL.
    Jul 3, 2004
    It's pretty fun for a few weeks, but after that it becomes quickly repetitive. There are no long term goals aside from a new level. For me, no ph4t l00t = boring. The game lacks a sense of ownership or purpose that other games give me. Killing more bad guys for the sake of killing bad guys is not entertaining. I'm not going to renew once my first month is over.
  3. Kyle
    May 13, 2004
    It's sad to see how popular the whole "super hero" fad has been recently, including tv dramas, over produced films, and now videogames. all of which are mediocre and just feed the national addiction for more heroes and villans. do yourself a favor and wait for world of warcraft, and other great titles appearing this year. dont waste dedicated hours to this lackluster, been there doneIt's sad to see how popular the whole "super hero" fad has been recently, including tv dramas, over produced films, and now videogames. all of which are mediocre and just feed the national addiction for more heroes and villans. do yourself a favor and wait for world of warcraft, and other great titles appearing this year. dont waste dedicated hours to this lackluster, been there done that, value title. Expand
  4. Jun 2, 2011
    So far this game sucks... although i'm sure itll be worth the wait... it has taken me six hours to get it started.
    first the installation... it crashes every 10 mins, i had to pray to keep it going the whole way through.
    then i had to update the updater (:P) and that took about 4 hours in itsself. after all of that i'm relieved and click the 'play' button, and a popup appears telling me to update my drivers or the game wont play... so now one day of my month of free gameplay is wasted!
  5. GeorgeS.
    Apr 23, 2004
    This game is a sub par MMORPG at best. So you'll spend lots of time and have lots of fun customizing your character but the gameplay doesn't hold up at all. You'll spend all of your time running to contacts that give you the same missions over and over again, just worded differently or at different locations. I'd say this game has originality but lacks vision.
  6. GeorgeL.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I bought this game, about a day after it was released. I played it more often than most characters, I leveled my first character from 1 to 12 in a matter of a day. The problem with this game is the repetitive gameplay, and a large hype factor. See what I mean about the "hype factor" is that , in this game, the developers allow newbie characters to have massive super powers at super low I bought this game, about a day after it was released. I played it more often than most characters, I leveled my first character from 1 to 12 in a matter of a day. The problem with this game is the repetitive gameplay, and a large hype factor. See what I mean about the "hype factor" is that , in this game, the developers allow newbie characters to have massive super powers at super low levels. Basically so everyone will think "oh wow this is cool" when they see they can fly at level 6. But the fact of the matter is, the gameplay is hallow. There are no tradeskills, no items, no nothing in the game. The only thing there is, is fame and monsters. You fight monsters continuously and level up, only to find yourself put through the level grind that all MMORPGs have to date. Seriously, when reviews label this as a drastic change from other mmorpgs, the only thing that changed is instead of archers fighters healers and mages, you have blasters defenders .. etc. The point of this is, you will just find this to be another mmorpg without very much change. The most fun in this game is when you create your character and when you are leveling him to lvl 6. The game gets boring after that. I have one positive part of this review, the game's system requirement isn't very high which is good for us lower end PC users. Expand
  7. TerryD
    Nov 30, 2009
    I wouldn't recomend this to anyone. You buy the game then either buy a subscription or loose your money ? I won't loose any more of my money to this company.

1. Anyone new to the genre can certainly make this a choice without expecting to get in too deep and losing their way, while seasoned MMORPGers can have a blast playing out their superhero dreams.
  2. The overall quality of the game cannot be denied, and if you're a comic book fan, or like MMORPG's, or both, you owe it to yourself to see what City of Heroes is all about.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    An original superhero MMORPG that has excellent character creation and a well-designed world. Gameplay is quite combat-intensive and the game lacks sufficient content to stay interesting for longer periods of time. [Feb. 05]