City of Villains PC

• Release Date: Oct 31, 2005
8.1

1. Peabody
    Nov 1, 2005
    It just doesn't feel ready for prime time. Playing during a relative low period the lag is pretty bad. The PvP is fairly boring thus far.
  2. Joe
    Nov 5, 2005
    The game is somewhat slow moving and has no real change from the first- basically it is recycled. The good thing is that your villain can interact with heroes.
  3. SeanR.
    Nov 3, 2005
    City of Villains is essentially the same game and same experience that City of Heroes was with a few bells and whistles added like base building. Running a mission in an office building against the Council with a Dark Melee/Invulnerable Brute in Villains is essentially the same experience as running a mission in an office building against the Council with a Dark Melee/invulnerable City of Villains is essentially the same game and same experience that City of Heroes was with a few bells and whistles added like base building. Running a mission in an office building against the Council with a Dark Melee/Invulnerable Brute in Villains is essentially the same experience as running a mission in an office building against the Council with a Dark Melee/invulnerable Scrapper in Heroes. Only this time the carpet is red. The chief failing of the game is that you never get the sense you're playing a villain the way you got the sense you were playing a hero in the original game. If you're new to the series, you probably won't be disappoi nted. But if you're a City of Heroes veteran, save your money. Expand
  4. Alodarn
    Nov 25, 2005
    More, but diffrent, a solid addtion to an already sucessful game. However I just don't feel "evil" enough, kidnap missions feel more like a rescue. You always end up stealing from some group of thugs that have already commited the original theft. And apart from a bit of wanton vandalism that seems to be it so far.

1. All in all, I’m very impressed so far – City of Villains is fun, there’s consentual PvP and there’s base construction, but the best bit is that if you already have "City of Heroes," the monthly fee will also cover you for City of Villains.
  2. Good changes to graphics engine, interesting play on the CoH world, welcome emphasis on SGs and new focus on inter-game PvP.
    This is the game we've been waiting for since the day we learned we could pull on tights, don a mask and fight crime with powers we could only dream of! Now, we get to finally let our dark side run rampant through the streets!