CivCity: Rome PC

6.9

1. KalmanK.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I am truly sorry for this game. I loved Firefly's Stronghold, but lately, they have no luck with 3d engines. This game is plain ugly, so if you are looking for a citybuilder with an atmosphere, look someplace else. Also, the game was prone to totally freeze up, forcing me to push the reset button (I dont know the last time when a game did this to my machine but it was loooong ago) I am truly sorry for this game. I loved Firefly's Stronghold, but lately, they have no luck with 3d engines. This game is plain ugly, so if you are looking for a citybuilder with an atmosphere, look someplace else. Also, the game was prone to totally freeze up, forcing me to push the reset button (I dont know the last time when a game did this to my machine but it was loooong ago) And the 3-4 min loading time BEFORE the main menu? It is a joke right? For the economy sim part, I cant say good or bad neither. Simply could not play long enough to appriceate it. After the fifth city (and third freeze) I uninstalled the game. A very bad place to put 40 bucks, all I say. Expand
  2. Dec 27, 2010
    This game reminds me of Caesar III but with slightly better graphics, that do not make up for the lack of game-play. Let me say that Caesar III was more fun for game-play. This game was worth the 99cents i paid and I am glad i did not pay anymore.

1. Though this is a nice city building game it lacks enough to make it stand out from the crowd from other city builders, especially from other ancient city building games.
  2. Mission objectives lack imagination, and after constructing several cities the game can feel repetitive and formulaic.
  3. CivCity follows an old model for a city builder. If you are a fan of the Pharaoh series, you may find a home here with CivCity: Rome. It focuses around the economy rather than any type of military action.