6.6

1. Jok`RdeMo
    Jan 7, 2003
    Well if Civ3 has 10 points for me, then PTW 8. Actually it is better than Civ3, but it has some bugs when play in network. And it does not crash so much. Especially if ya put all patches.
  2. Lumpy
    Feb 26, 2003
    If you like turn base games... this is the best one... You have to plain a use your brain, if you want to rule the world!!!!
  3. Ckdhahdfadsfads
    Mar 8, 2003
    This game is the best game ever! The multiplayer is awsome! So are the new tribes and I just love all the new scenerios! The guys who gave this game a 2 and a 3 are idoits and the ones who gave it zeros have no brains. This game does not have more crashes the a race car track but maybe your head does!

Nov 6, 2002
    This Game Sucks Big Time. It has crashed 20 times. I have never been able to play a full game yet!!!
  5. Newton
    Nov 8, 2002
    This review by IGN is misleading. They didn't review how it works on-line, only on how it works on a LAN network. On a lan network, I'm sure it will work just fine, but on the internet, it is just simply horrible. And the bugs...don't let me get started on the bugs. The 1.04 patch fixes somes of them, but it still is a dissapointment. The only perk are the extra civs, This review by IGN is misleading. They didn't review how it works on-line, only on how it works on a LAN network. On a lan network, I'm sure it will work just fine, but on the internet, it is just simply horrible. And the bugs...don't let me get started on the bugs. The 1.04 patch fixes somes of them, but it still is a dissapointment. The only perk are the extra civs, units, music and scenarios. But even that doesn't warrant a price of $30 dollars. DON'T GET THIS EXPANSION IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO PLAY ONLINE!! Collapse
  6. KielV.
    Nov 22, 2002
    I hate a capitalist civilazation in which a feature could have easily been grafted into the original game but is left out only to make more money as an expansion. Then not being able to play online at all makes it all the more disgusting. If "play the world" were a competing civ, I would smash it with my vast army of tanks and subs . . . assuming i could get connected to it first.
  7. FUBAR
    Dec 29, 2002
    Love the new aspects, but crashes harder then my sex drive when drunk...
  8. ChrisD.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Interesting.
  9. AJ
    Nov 14, 2002
    More crashes than a demolition derby.

This expansion adds a lot more clutter, but at least it's interesting clutter. Sadly it doesn't fix some of the aspects of the game still arguably broken.
  2. netjak
    Not only vastly overpriced, it is unnecessary as a boxed title at all. A patch download from the official site would be more than sufficient to offer the majority of improvements Play the World offers.
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    Delivers just about everything except what it's supposed to: a satisfying multiplayer experience. [Feb 2003, p.64]