6.6

1. Sep 12, 2012
    This game is really fantastic. A fresh new take on puzzle platforming. Art style and music give a great atmosphere to this game as well. Really enjoyed playing it!
  2. Sep 12, 2012
    Rating of the 2012 release: Overrated, despite it underselling. This game is extremely gimmicky. It's main gimmick is darkness. You remove that, and it's your run of the mill uncreative puzzle platformer. The levels are easy, but not intuitive. They designed the game so you'll die 3-5 times per level on random, unexpected spots and called this good design. These guys seem really cool, but there is a reason this game hasn't sold well. It's extremely niche to gamers who don't see through old tricks.

Additionally, it doesn't even natively support controllers, at least not the standard wireless xbox 360 setup most of us use, even though it was originally made for the PS3.
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is EPIC!.... EPIC FAIL! don't even try it... sucks as hell!
    on the first door of the first level, guess what will you get?
    A FREAKING FALLING INCESSANTLY!
    this is the impression i got, played less than 10 minute, and it's freaking broken... BAM! there's nothing you can do... if i can give a MINUS score, i would give it a -100
  4. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is an instant classic. A very smart concept leading to new ways of thinking while playing. A true hidden gem showing that simple games with simple graphics can still be great games if the approach is clever.
  5. Jan 18, 2013
    When I first discovered this game in a video, I found it amazing. The concept of playing with lights seemed awesome. I compared it to the awesome Braid. So I bought it. What a deception... Yes the game has a good lifetime. But I found it extremely boring. I had to force myself to finish the first chapter... I thinks of two major reasons for this : first the death is really penalizing. As we die, which is almost obligatory to discover the level, we have to redo exactly the same actions to get back to the state where we were. Secondary, I really dislike the ambiance. The music is sad and the lack of light makes the vision field really tiny. Furthermore, solving a level is long but not hard.
    To conclude, this game is based on a very good idea, but badly used. Closure is slow and repetitive.
    (excuse me for my bad spelling, I'm french)
  6. Feb 18, 2013
    Very overrated. Sure, the premise is cool in that parts of the level that aren't lit aren't "there" so to speak. But the gameplay is just so boring. There is no fresh feeling in the game and it just gets super stale after the introduction level. The music is also terribly bad and doesn't fit with this type of game at all. Glad I got this in the HIB and didn't actually pay much for it.
  7. Jan 27, 2013
    Отличная игра. Крайне необычная концепция. Может быть (на мой вкус) немного затянута. Играть было странно и любопытно; такие ощущения ранее были только при игре в Braid. Спасибо создателям! Collapse
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    The game art and music are beautiful and really set the mood for the game. The controls are responsive but not entirely intuitive. The puzzle mechanics are clever but they take time to understand. I think that is the main reason that this game has some negative reviews. If you don't understand the mechanics then you will die. Yes there is trial and error but there are no reload screens and you can figure out how you died relatively quickly. The controls seem to be the only real issue for me where I have killed myself numerous times by pressing the wrong button. Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2012
    A fairly mediocre game with pretty straightforward puzzles. Interesting concept which could have been explored much further, but with everyone flooding the indie market it's to be expected when the goal is to strike the gold that Braid has in the puzzle genre.

The art and music was definitely done by someone who knew what they were doing, but they probably should have fallen in love
    with video games before attempting at the cash grab. It still gets an 8 from me due to the fact that while it still feels uninspired, it's better than most of the AAA titles i've purchased this year.

It loses 2 points because I'm forcing myself to finish the game. When that happens, that means something wasn't quite right with the fun factor. Negativity aside, it's worth to me is roughly 2.5USD, and I've gotten about 3 hours of somewhere in the middle enjoyment out of it thus far. Maybe another 2 if I decide to finish it.

Lastly, I use a PS3 controller for games that feel right for controllers. Using DS3, I haven't had any issues with controller compatibility, nor do the controls feel weird. The jumping in the game feels a little clunky, as does the animation. I'd still give it a go if it's on sale somewhere, or in a bundle.
  10. Jan 21, 2013
    Flash_Over
    I had mixed feelings about this game. I bought this game hoping for a LIMBO experiences (LIMBO was amazing). Because of the dark/emo black and white appearance. I also loved the mechanic of using light to stay alive and to manipulate the environment. It was really fun to play for a few hours, but after that... i got sick and tired of having to do all the tasks over and over
    and over again, as dying or restarting every level is required (Unless you are super lucky) to beat the level and/or figure out what you must accomplish to get to the door. Needless to say after those few hours I quit... I intend to eventually beat the game... but as for the past few months... I haven't had the desire. Expand
  11. Nov 18, 2013
    Incredibly original concept and a good longevity given the nicely balanced difficulty of the levels. The black and white visuals are well designed even though get a bit boring getting closer to the end. A couple of levels seem empty or I should say incomplete, however this doesn't invalidate the overall quality. The puzzles are always spot-on although I have the impressions I solved a few of them exploiting glitches rather then the way I was intended by the creators, As a puzzle-game lover I highly recommend this title, one of the best in its genre this year, no doubts about it. Expand
  12. Dec 21, 2012
    Really original concept, nice black and white art style and good music. IMHO 9.99 is a little too much for game like this, but I got it in a bundle for a few dollars, together with other games, and I am happy with it.
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    The game revolves around a simple concept, if you can't see it, then it doesn't exist, which works fantastically as a main game mechanic. The introduction to the game is very well made, and quickly introduces you to how the game feel and functions.

Even though the graphics are black and white, they are completely different from Limbos, as is the rest of the game, and the atmosphere
    feels fantastic throughout the entire game.

The puzzles never get really frustrating before the end, and up to that point I had great fun with pretty much all of them, which easily makes the game worth it's price tag. Even at the end the frustrating puzzles still feel fantastic once you've solved them.

While the game has it bugs here and there the developers are very helpful and supportive, and unless your graphics card is completely unable to handle the game, then they seem to be able to fix all the issues I've seen so far.
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    I liked the concept of the game and the simple black and white art. Some of the puzzles are extremely difficult. It got a little boring and repetitive toward the end though.
  15. Feb 12, 2014
    A game with some very interesting and original mechanics. Nice graphics and music, it's about 9-10 hours long for 80+ levels, but is never too frustrating or repetitive, I really enjoyed it.
  16. Jan 27, 2013

1. Apr 18, 2013
    The unique gameplay where unlit platforms disappear makes this game original and entertaining for a while. Closure serves good logic based puzzles, but can become somewhat repetitive after a short while.
    We are called upon to realize that all dark places of each level represent the void. In conjunction with the detailed animation and the ominous music themes that perfectly embellish the three different areas of the game, the player is swiftly captivated by a moody, mystifying narrative that runs through the puzzle-backbone of Closure. [December 2012]
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    If you want to play a truly dark logic 2D platformer - Closure is the one. The game offers fun and satisfying experience worth to try. Even though it doesn't offer the newest technology treatment, frankly, it doesn't matter while playing.