7.1

1. Dec 3, 2012
    I love the concept behind Cognition, one of the things I enjoyed the most have got to be the music and the voice acting, hands down amazing. Some puzzles seemed a bit more impossible than others but, overall loved how dark it is and I can't wait for Episode 2 :)
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    I've had the opportunity to play Episode 1 and couldn't put it down. The art style of this adventure game is top notch. Some of the puzzles left me scratching my head for hours until the inevitable "Ah-ha!" moment.

Can't wait to see how the story unfolds.
    For me, this game is 5 stars. Best adventure game I've played since the Black Mirror series.
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    Cognition was a breath of fresh air during a time of monotonous stories, mediocre storytelling, and games just overall lacking in any sort of human qualities. You will be taken back to a time in gaming where immersion was attained simply through your own curiosity. The beautiful musical scores and some of the best voice acting you'll ever hear only help to take your experience a step further.
  4. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is a great throw-back to adventure game thrillers from the 90s, but with upgraded graphics and a fresh new game dynamic. The story is really what makes me marking the calendar for future episode releases. No spoilers, but Erika's use of paranormal abilities is awesome. Game consultant Jane Jensen makes this a real treat because you can see her influence throughout. Jane created Sierra classic, Gabriel Knight and newer games like Gray Matter. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Cognition is a standard point and click adventure with hand drawn cutscenes. Things I liked: + Very good music, it is some of the best music I've heard in a game! + Intriguing plot! + Overall strong voice acting. Especially the voice for Erica was spot on! + Cognition abilities worked really well. + Lots of detective puzzles that made me feel smart! + Good hint system. Just enough nudges to point me in the right direction.
    + Beautiful background art! Things I did not like:
    - Some annoying puzzles that just make no sense. This is one thing I do not miss from the golden era of adventure games!
    - Longish loading times.
    - Some plot holes. - Stiff facial animations.

Overall though I found Cognition to be a very good game and can definitely recommend it to fans of the genre. I can't wait for the future episodes myself!
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    A gorgeous adventure in the spirit of genre classics like Gabriel Knight, Blade Runner and Gray Matter. The gripping story was apparently co-written by legendary Jane Jensen and it shows. An instant classic with great storyline, inspired artwork and some of the best puzzles I've seen in a looong time. Can't wait to play Episode 2. Well done, Phoenix!!
  7. Feb 8, 2013
    Great story, great art style, great sound, music, and I didn't notice any major bugs. The animations could use a little work, but other than that, I'd say it's an A+ title. This is one of the few episodic adventure games that I could actually sit down and play through both of the first two episodes in a single sitting, AND still want more. These episodes aren't really that short, either.
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    One of the best Point n Clicks in a very long time. The story is suberb and the atmosphere is top notch. The gameplay ideas that divert this are wonderful and very well implemented. The only drawback is that I kinda got tired till the fourth episode storywise. Though the first couple of episodes are excellent and the overall story is quite complex.

Up with the classics of Jensen and the
    Sierra, LucasArts... Great game. Expand

1. Apr 2, 2013
    The game opening is especially powerful and it manages to keep that momentum for a while before feeling like it's slowed down too much. It ramps things up for a fun interrogation sequence and an exciting ending.
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    As a first episode, The Hangman does more right than it does wrong.
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    Cognition fails not from a lack of execution, but from a lack of imagination.