7.6

1. Jun 4, 2011
    When I first started Cold Fear I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The sway of the ship, the rain, the lightning. All lended a nice touch. Then I tried playing the game. Forget WASD, the movement controls for this game are F*KD and the aiming is just as bad. Stopped and uninstalled after just 15 minutes of "play". Gave the game to a friend. He played for about as long. Even for freeWhen I first started Cold Fear I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The sway of the ship, the rain, the lightning. All lended a nice touch. Then I tried playing the game. Forget WASD, the movement controls for this game are F*KD and the aiming is just as bad. Stopped and uninstalled after just 15 minutes of "play". Gave the game to a friend. He played for about as long. Even for free this game is a pass. Expand

1. The game utilises a series of components and dare we even mutter it under our breath, clich├ęs that can be derived from any number of horror films and survival horror titles, which is no big fault since for the most part (travelling aside) the game is an enjoyable title away from the established franchises that does offer some new ideas and details to the genre.
  2. A highly polished title that shows that Ubisoft's action-focused approached to the horrific can be gory fun, too.
  3. In the same league as the disposable horror flicks that fill video shelves and late-night cable. It's not particularly frightening, but good atmosphere and short-lived twitch satisfaction is enough to sustain interest for a while.