Cold Fear PC

7.6

1. BeyondT.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Somehow this game managed to create worse gameplay mechanics than the original Resident Evil. Seriously it feels like canned motions were pasted onto the direction keys, no weighting or gameplay feel, and plenty of glitchy shadows and models piercing walls. A programmer could have put there entire gameplay engine together in an afternoon. Great graphics, great sound and music, great cut Somehow this game managed to create worse gameplay mechanics than the original Resident Evil. Seriously it feels like canned motions were pasted onto the direction keys, no weighting or gameplay feel, and plenty of glitchy shadows and models piercing walls. A programmer could have put there entire gameplay engine together in an afternoon. Great graphics, great sound and music, great cut scenes but it can't excuse the terrible gameplay. For some reason the analog joypad axis does not work, so the mouse is the only way to play (and the game was designed for a console...go figure). Resident Evil 4 is so far ahead of this title it hurts. Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2011
    When I first started Cold Fear I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The sway of the ship, the rain, the lightning. All lended a nice touch. Then I tried playing the game. Forget WASD, the movement controls for this game are F*KD and the aiming is just as bad. Stopped and uninstalled after just 15 minutes of "play". Gave the game to a friend. He played for about as long. Even for freeWhen I first started Cold Fear I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The sway of the ship, the rain, the lightning. All lended a nice touch. Then I tried playing the game. Forget WASD, the movement controls for this game are F*KD and the aiming is just as bad. Stopped and uninstalled after just 15 minutes of "play". Gave the game to a friend. He played for about as long. Even for free this game is a pass. Expand
  3. BrianD.
    May 11, 2005
    If you are going to rip off the next game of the year at least make it good. Dont bother with this and go out and buy Resident Evil 4.
  4. GaryF.
    Jun 1, 2005
    Very very very disapointed - so much so; I want my money back after just two hours of ... not exactly play. Graphics are fair enough - nothing to rave. Sound is ok but nothing special, story... what story? and Game Play is utter crap.
  5. DavidG
    May 29, 2008
    Bought the game and played it on the pc for about 30minutes. It is a very poorly designed games when it comes to camara angles and moving the character. No joking when you can move damn near through the whole map without even moving the character. Stupid wind/ship.

1. The game utilises a series of components and dare we even mutter it under our breath, clich├ęs that can be derived from any number of horror films and survival horror titles, which is no big fault since for the most part (travelling aside) the game is an enjoyable title away from the established franchises that does offer some new ideas and details to the genre.
  2. A highly polished title that shows that Ubisoft's action-focused approached to the horrific can be gory fun, too.
  3. In the same league as the disposable horror flicks that fill video shelves and late-night cable. It's not particularly frightening, but good atmosphere and short-lived twitch satisfaction is enough to sustain interest for a while.