• Publisher: Nexon
  • Release Date: Jul 10, 2008
4.9

1. Jul 10, 2012
    I got into this game a while back as a poor PC gamer, before it came to Steam. At first, I thought it was decent since I had little experience with FPS games at the time, however, over time, I realized more and more how horrendously put together the game really was.

I dont know what is is, but as far as I have noticed, Korean game developers just cant seem to get FPS games right, and I
    have seen a flood of mediocre to poor F2P FPS games from Korean developers. They can never get the feeling of shooting a gun quite right, which does not surprise me due to a variety of factors, both cultural and situational.

Pros: Its free, there is an active community(theres a catch to this though... keep reading)

Cons: Its Pay 2 Win (the very definition of P2W FPS), Horrendous ping(it doesnt even show ping at all, not surprising since Korean developers are not experienced at making FPS games in general), and the community is generally horrible (its one of the worst game communities I have ever seen), if you have played any decent FPS game (CoD, BF, TF2, L4D, BLR, etc) this will test your sanity.

It may appeal to you due to the F2P factor of the game, but please, for your sanity's sake, dont play this game.

Every time you think you are decently well off with an acceptable gun and a handful of gear, some child will join the server decked out with a premium character with a one-man-army's worth of equipment because he whined to his parents to buy him Nexon cards, run circles around all the poor people that havent payed real money since the premium characters were horrendously broken, chuck explosives everywhere, and wipe the floor with everyone that is sane enough not to pay $20 for a set of in-game items that only last a week. that further shows that the weapon balancing is non-existent, the higher level and more expensive weapons are just plain better. The presentation of the game seems alright at first, but the game shows its low production value with jerky animations and dated graphics. not only is the gameplay dated, but there lacks some very important things to make an FPS good, like being able to tell what everybody's ping is, and dedicated servers. I swear, even with the best games, I can guesstimate the lag of the movement to about 150+ ping, and on an average server, its 200+, as I run around a corner, and all of a sudden I die when I am not in line of sight of any enemy at all due to the lag. That being said, the community is the most horrendous part of all in this game... a large portion of the community consists of the stereotypical "spoiled devil-children", be prepared to listen to the shrieks of a spoiled 10 year old who's parents have basically "let the computer/XBox be the babysitter". not only that, but many of the players are not used to people that are used to playing much better FPS games. given that I have gotten my FPS skills from the 800+ hours of BF2142, I have learned to pay attention to the environment, and play with headphones. after taking a break from the game for half a year and getting back to it about 2 years ago, in the first game I entered, I was accused of hacking. It was an urban map, so it was CQC, meaning, paying close attention to your surroundings is vital. some child accused me of "chamming", which at the time, I had no idea what that was since I think people who hack in competitive games should be punched in the teeth (I dont keep up with hacks/exploits). apparently someone else explained to me that "chamming" was a wall-hack, which allows you to see where the other players are. I just listened for footsteps and looked at the mini-map, and I was called a hacker because I got the jump on someone by paying attention... and this happened in half the games I played. yea... the community is a steaming pile of cow dung. I left the game to keep my sanity. I will refuse to play this game even if Nexon paid me to do it (unless they want an honest review, in that case, ill happily expose it for the steaming pile of P2W dung that it is). If you read through all of this, I thank you, as hopefully you have been warned of the horrors of this game and will steer as clear of it as possible. The only thing I fear now is, now that Combat Arms has been moved to Steam, it is likely that the Combat Arms community is going to migrate over to Steam... "Brace yourselves... the onslaught of spoiled devil-children is coming..." There are infinitely better F2P FPS games out there, save your sanity and avoid Combat Arms like the plague.
  2. Jul 25, 2012
    I'm surprised at how many people play this game when its glitchy, laggy, has bad graphics, I have got shot at through walls, people camp and hack, the infection mode is annoying it takes like three frickin clips to kill one infected when all they have to do is hit you once then your infected. Play team fortress 2 and counter strike source instead they're much better games
  3. Dec 11, 2011
    Graphics: 3/10
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Balance: 0/10
    Good for its price: No.
    Gamemodes: 5/10

Combat arms is an FPS which fails to deliver in comparison to other games in the genre. Counter-Strike is a cheap game, but is superior to this and will probably cost you less in the end, plus has modding.
  4. Nov 25, 2012
    My very first FPS game i ever played. It was fun back in 2008, but the community became terrible. it has way more crying kids then cod. There are a lot of hackers in the game, i never played a game with so many hackers. and the community is so terrible, even if your not a hackers they will call you a hacker, and they will call you more then only a hacker. The game has horrible servers to. Also, you cant really become a pro in this game. Only if you pay for the good weapons, you can get pro. if you dont buy NX, it's really hard to get some kills. It was definitly worth downloading in 2008, now its just a waste of gigs on your computer. Expand
  5. Mar 19, 2011
    Combat Arms was great in it's hey-day. I used to play it non-stop, owning noobs and constantly being called a hacker. There was nothing enjoyed more than getting home and going 25-2 in a game. But that all changed when Nexon reared that ugly head of theirs and ruined everything.
    Now, the community was bad to start with. I was there for the open beta. I was there for the first three major
    hacker wars. I was there to witness Nexon going back on their rule of "NX items are purely cosmetic". I was there when the specialists were added, and Infection was added. I saw the community go from tolerable to "everything that kills me is hacks. I am so pro at this game that I can never die." The only lights in this awful storm were the forum members who tried to help.
    Then came the great reform. The Nexon admins and GMs started doing something for once, but it was just too late. They had added too much content to balance, taken too long removing the majority of hackers, ignored the community for too long. It was over. The game was forever ruined, and it was a sad time..
    Perhaps some day it will regain it's former glory, but until then, it will remain as the biggest testament to Nexon's failure.
  6. Dec 25, 2011
    Used to play this game a while back, but i quit due to annoying little problems like parasitic hackers and the bad recoil. The gun prices are a slap in the face too, but if you get your wallet out, be prepared to win.
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    Combat Arms is an epitome of a broken game with the singular goal to make money, through selling overpriced and overpowered weapons compared to its GP counterpart. Its also alarming that Nexon has little to none concern to its community. Like all Nexon games, they are destined to fail.
  8. Oct 3, 2010
    The only reason anyone plays this is because it's free. My friend says Combat Arms used to be a good game, but like all Nexon Games, they ruin them by adding all these random stuff like maps. They epicly fail on recoil when your gun just starts shaking around.
  9. Apr 17, 2011
    combat arms does have some original gameplay like the quarantine feature, however, many things ruin that from unbalanced gameplay due to NX, the graphics are overall horrible with no really time lighting and clunky polygons, the overall destruction and realism is also extremely low. I known people who spent well over 1000 dollars on this game just to get a advantage because they suck, instead when they can be getting better titles like Battlefield or Crysis, I recommend battlefield play4free, which is free, but gameplay and content and graphics are better than this game. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    CrossFire is so much better than this. It runs on the same engine and there's more customisation here with attachments and stuff. It's not a bad game, but it's definitely not great or a competitor for other free shooters out there. The graphics and gameplay just aren't consistent or anything worth your time. In sum, the philosophy of this game is "Cheap and sh*t"
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    The engine that powers Combat Arms is starting to show its age. The graphics are dated, the controls feel mushy, and let us not forget about all the hackers that ruin the game for everyone else. Over all the game is not horrible, but there is nothing that really stands out as a reason to play.
  12. Dec 23, 2011
    Well it's an average game filled with hackers... but still enjoyable from time to time...
  13. Feb 21, 2013
    This, this game is something. I used to play it when i was about 11 years old back in 2008-09. Oh man, i enjoyed it, i even bought some NX. But you know, i got banned, my KDr was 3. something. Still no idea why i got banned, even tried sending several support emails, never got answer. Now that i look back, this game WAS cool. I have tried getting back into it after i got banned, but never ever if i can, since the game has more hackers, more rich kids that trows money into it and more OP stuff to be bought with NX. The problems are the following:

1. Hackers, biggest hackfest off all time! You just made a new account, congratulations, now you go into a recruit server and get your ass kicked by a hacker EVERY SINGLE TIME you join a game. Not only 1, but often several.

2. Pay2Win. Another HUGE problem, you pay money, you win. The default weapon is absolutely horrendous, so is the pistol and everything you start with. IF you choose to waste your hard earned money on this, you will most likely start using alot (like i did). You will be able to buy the best gear, and you are almost unstoppable when playing against low-rank players.

3. Ranking is incredibly slow. You earn ingame money so slow, that you will have to play for 3 hours to be able to buy a weapon for 1 day. Not only that, but all the good weapons are only aviable to purchase with ingame earned money if you have a high rank, which will take you a gazilion years to get.

4. Elite moderator (*facepalm*), worst game mechanic put into a game in the history of gaming. You can kick players out of your game if you want to? Then hell, why not just kick everyone who kills me If you even show a tiny bit of skill, you will get kicked out of the game ASAP. Now, what about non elite/super(!) elite moderator games, now no one can kick me for being good, but hold on a second, HACKERS!!! 50% of games outside recruit server and without elite moderator has hackers. Jeez, what should i choose, getting kicked by an with no skill and money, or killed over and over again by bloody cheaters? I choose none. 5. Whiners and cryers. People CONSTANTLY complain and acuse you for cheating. Nuff said

Dont play this game unless you have alot of money, even then, please, dont it up for us other playersd. Its a pain to play.

Now, why shouldnt i give this game a 0? Its not only the devs fault, but the player base. Disgusting little bastards, crying because someone is better and reporting you. Final thoughts, stay. the. out. pls.
  14. Apr 6, 2012
    too much hacking. bad graphics too. if it was less hacking and beeter gameplay it would be better. who would this game if people hacks. it suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssss
  15. Jun 22, 2012
    nice time fill up game. played it now and then.
    hackers finally seem to be going off.
    difficulty level is tougher than any other fps in my knowledge.
    accessible to everyone...from broke person to a successful businessman(alttho i dont get the idea of spending a penny on it)
    however, there are other great mmos that also have a more of everything, that it be sound, graphics quality, rpg,
    or the pvp itself such as age of conan
    as far as im concerned Combat arms is ultimately for the guy **** that whine a ton or gun maniacs.
    if you are one of those this game is for you. if you aren't you will be enjoying other more complicated and tuff games out there
    (find yourselves a good clan and have a good time with em)
  16. Jun 27, 2012
    Very good free FPS with dated graphics and it's pay to win but even after all that with just a little bit of skill it's pretty damn fun and I'd say it's worth giving a shot
  17. Jul 18, 2012
    Terrible, pay to win game. Free games cost nothing to make and maintain yet make so much money. Avoid at all costs or all future games will be pay to win. Soon games will be just corporate business and boring.
  18. Jul 17, 2012
    SO MANY HACKERS REALLY BAD RUDE COMMUNITY BAD NON FAIR STAFF THAT DONT UPDATE PATCH OR CARE ABOUT COMMUNITY OR HACKS BANNED LEGIT PEOPLE AND CRASH ALL THE TIME WITH BAD SERVER LAG AND ALL WEAPONS FOR NEXON(NX) EXPENSIVE SOME GUNS GO UP TO EVEN $30
  19. Aug 21, 2012
    I had to create an account just to review this game. I started playing this when it first came out and was in love with it till my interests wandered elsewhere. Recently I decided to play it again after having put it down for a couple years and was horribly disappointed. The hacking has gotten so bad with this game that I could not even leave the spawn points. Basically everytime I spawned within 2-5 secs i was dead again because you could not leave the spawn point. No enjoyment whatsoever and I cannot even imagine to think what kind of idiot would consider it a good time to hack a game and camp spawn points. Expand
  20. Sep 2, 2012
    It's one of those games I wish I could rate better and I wish I could say was great, but I can't. It's a game that basically forces you to pay for guns or sit through constant hours letting kids with credit cards kill you. The graphics are awful and there are hackers galore to boot. In my opinion, just go play Team Fortress 2. At least Valve knows how to keep their games updated, nearly hack free (Every game has them), and keeps it fair for the free-to-plays.
    In a nutshell, it lags, not kept up-to-date, guns are the only thing updated, hacks everywhere, pay-2-win, awful graphics.
  21. Sep 28, 2012
    Pay to Win. Bad coding. VERY frequent crashing. Nothing fun ever comes out. The servers are laggy. (look it up, combat arms server lag) on youtube. I've been playing this game since March 22, 2009. I wouldn't recommend it.
  22. Dec 9, 2012
    If you pay, you're God; if you don't, you're just a poor noob. That's all what you need to know when you play this game. You need to pay to get some weapons, which may expire in some time! Is that a joke? Apart for this, this game would get a 3, because it's still bad: boring and very bad gameplay, as well as the multiplayer, graphics and sound. Also, MP is very closed.
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    this game is very laggy for ALL users and yet people still willing to play this game, despite it's huge amount of hackers, poor design and not to mention it's overpriced guns
  24. Jan 17, 2013
    Rated purely as a multiplayer experience, Nexon's Combat Arms is among the best out there. A slew of gameplay modes, more guns than possibly any other game ever made, detailed, well-laid out maps, and in-depth character customization make a potent combination for any FPS fan. Sounds incredible, yeah? However, when looking at the tangential factors, cracks in this lovely facade appear, revealing the gooey mess of the game's core.

The P2W model is a good starting point. There's good and bad ways to implement this model, and Combat Arms(abbreviated CA) has done poorly in this regard. Weapons that can be bought permanently with in-game currency (GP) are limited to extremely rare special events, and the prices are often beyond the means of most players. So you rent guns for fixed periods of time. A recent update has removed the option to rent for one day, which basically ties you to playing the game for at least a week solid to recoup your losses from rentals. Now, if you're willing to throw cash at the game, then there's awesome gear a-plenty for perm and rent available to you. I've personally sprung for a few guns during my playtime as a gesture of goodwill and appreciation towards Nexon back when I was more inclined to like them. As an aside, I consider buying gear with cash in a game to be like a tip. The devs have provided a product to you, said you don't have to pay, but if you'd like to thank them, buying a gun helps both you and them.

Increasingly imbalanced gear, guns, and characters have been introduced, breaking the game quite badly in favor of paying players. Some of the gametypes introduce thoroughly frustrating situations, such as the horde mode Fireteam, where in the zombie maps you probably shouldn't bother showing up without the biggest backpack you can afford and at least three MGs, if not going in for a specialist, medkits, and a minigun. Oh, speaking of the minigun and spec weapons, the piss-poor netcode and optimization results in more than one person using the minigun per map to cause lag, and anyone using the flamethrower will drag the game to a crawl. Optimization problems are very prevalent in the game, largely due to the ancient Jupiter engine the game is sourced on, which was never meant to handle the type of game that Combat Arms is and has become.

And then you have the hackers. There have been three great hacker wars so far, and a fourth seems to be brewing on the horizon. CA's dev team can't seem to patch all the holes in the engine, and to top it off, there are design issues on maps that have been repeatedly ignored.

The community is also a sore point. CA, largely due to its age and marketing, is filled with the most obnoxious sort of online gamers. Griefers, hackers, potty-mouthed tweens, they're all here. There are good players who play clean, polite, and respectfully. But they're few and far between, and they often become just as poisonous as the other players as an insulation technique.

In short, CA is a great concept with an African warlord's armory worth of firepower, let down by bad coding, hacking, a horrid community, and design that not so much nudges as boots players in the direction of the cash shop.
  25. Mar 2, 2013
    Combat arms looked decent when i tried it out. Not really. The game seems pay to win, and almost no equipment is permanent. You have to keep buying items that last for X amount of days. The mechanics are horrible. I start a game of multiplayer, and my starter gun had a huge hipfire reticle, meaning i could only shoot stuff that was right up in my face. My team was getting spawnkilled, and i couldn't seem to kill anything. The graphics are pretty decent for a game made in mid-2008. I recommend not wasting the time downloading this, as it's not worth the time, downloading or playing. Expand
  26. Jul 15, 2013
    This is just one of the wost games I have EVER played. If it was not free I don't think anyone would have played it, ever. Not for 1$ I would but this crap.
  27. Jul 7, 2013
    This game has gone to While it's true that almost every PC game out there has a hacker or two, this game is FILLED TO THE BRIM with hackers. Almost every server you join has some no-life with aimbot or godmode on, and if you play good, you'll get reported for hacking, too. Another thing that's bad is the interface. The design is good, but there are ads to buy NX on EVERY page. Speaking of, the only way you can get any actual weapons is to buy NX. The use their slogan "Pick your weapon of choice from hundreds, but the majority of it is only accessible with NX. The rest that you can earn in-game (with an excruciating amount of game time and low earnings) are usually crap and aren't all that better. So while other people who buy NX run around with auto-turrets and minigus, you run around with a slightly better rifle that you bought using 3 1/2 hours of spraying and praying. As if it wasn't bad enough, THERE ARE WEAPON-USAGE TIME LIMITS. You can purchase weapons, with NX, and only use it for a DAY. People spend over $100 on weapons that expire in 90 days. So in other words, you spend your money on NOTHING. The only way you can get a solid weapon is to spend $25 (25,000 NX) and buy yourself a permanent weapon. I'm not even gonna start on the gameplay itself. All in all, this game is Do NOT get this game; I repeat, do NOT get this game. SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A *REAL* GAME. Expand
  28. Oct 14, 2013
    This game had some good features to it, in fact, a free to play first person shooter with a lot of guns and many to get sounds fun right? well you are dead wrong! There are 4 problems with this game that kills it. 1. The Amount Of Hackers 2. The Online Lag 3. The Arm Shots 4. The Graphics The Hacker rates are out of control, Aim Bots, Spammers, and a lot more. There's even a website all about buying cheats! And it gets annoying for every game you get into, there's a hacker. This is the biggest problem of the game.

The online lag is so bad, I can't even play it, sometimes when I shoot someone with a shotgun, 7 times, nothing happens. Then I die.

Getting shot in the arm instantly kills you... headshots take a while (unless you have a sniper) but if you shoot someone in the arm, they will instantly die.

The graphics aren't important that much in a game, but honestly, it looks like the game was made in 2004. When it was made in 2012.

Don't get this game. The trailer looked awesome but please do not get this game! I warned you!
  29. Oct 23, 2013
    I started Playing Combat Arms around the time of it's Release. The Game wasn't too bad until a few months went by. The hacks/cheats came out for the game and it basically ruined the game. From that point on there hasn't been a single public match without a hacker in it.

I tried to overlook the fact that every match had someone cheating in it whether it was hacks or glitches. I figured I
    could tune up my skills by playing those people. It helped, but then nexon started to Release Guns/Gear/Characters that gave the paying players a wicked advantage. When you have people Cheating while Paying for Items that give you the edge up it just isn't fun anymore.

The Guns you can Purchase with cash are definitely overpowered and the gear is has much better stats than anything you can purchase with game currency. Yes you can buy good Items and Gear by earning game currency, but the Items that are close to those you purchase with cash are only available if you've reached a very high level. I believe that no game should sell Items for Real Money that improve the stats of a player more than the Items Available to players who don't pay or can't afford to pay.

The Characters use to just be male and eventually they came out with Female skins they sold for Real Cash for a short while. Soon enough they released them for the creation process. The skins that are sold for Real Cash give extra boosts in stats which shouldn't be the case. Of course if that's not enough... The decided to make the Female skins extra skinny and that made the hit-box on them much smaller. Due to this there are tons of male players who choose female characters or purchase female skins to give them another advantage.

After playing this game for a long time I noticed how Nexon wasn't really doing anything about the cheats available to anyone who wants them. The Cheats used are not free of course and when Nexon stops a certain set from being used another set instantly becomes available. This eventually made me consider the possibility that Nexon was either making the cheats or profiting from the person who develops them. I think that after years and years of this game making money off of every player that it could find a way or afford to get an anti-cheat aspect for the game. I firmly believe that Nexon is Profiting from the Cheats Developed for Combat Arms.

Basically... If you feel like playing a Game where you can Pay Real Money to get better Weapons, Gear, Skins and Cheats then Combat Arms is the Game for you. Of course if you don't want to play a game where every match you enter has at least half a dozen cheaters in it running around with Aim-Bot and Overpowered Weapons & Gear as Female character(Harder to Hit) then I don't Suggest Installing Combat Arms.
  30. Jan 13, 2014
    Combat Arms is a very fun game, I have tried many free fps games and i can strongly say not another one compares to the thrill of "CA" I have now played for almost 4 years and I feel the company does a great jobn to make sure that anybody can play the game with a graphics settings capable for the cheapest or oldest computers and the game does look very nice for a free fps on max graphics, no it doesnt stand up to say battlefeild for for graphics but a game is made to have fun with and I believe Nexon does a better job at making this game fun then any other company has done at a paid or free fps! Expand
  31. Sep 18, 2011
    So, I don't particularly like Nexon, their GMs/Mods or their policies on dealing with customer complaints and handling of tickets. That aside, the community is a total grab bag. There are some great, skilled and mature people to play with. On the other hand their are hackers (though a LOT less than when it first started up), lots of QQing (complaining in game about others hacking/glitching when they aren't), and most of all too much rage kicking. You can just choose to ignore these people and for the most part it shouldn't be a problem. It's great for a couple of hours if your bored or if you need something free. I wouldn't advise putting money into it, as their in game items can run up to nearly $25.00 a piece (for 1 (one) permanent weapon). Graphically it is amazing, the level designs are mostly solid, there is a huge selections of guns you can "rent" for free using in game currency known as GP (game points). Why anyone would spend a dime on this game I am not sure. There are even ways to earn free NX, though I recommend caution with any "third-party" offers. Regardless of whomever is offering them. Expand
  32. Oct 27, 2011
    Combat Arms isn't half bad, the animations are well done same with the maps and weapon choice.
    However the game is easy to hack into and there are loads of hackers but luckily we have mod servers.
    Another problem is you barley get any ingame cash after a match but its a free game and the company have got to make some money so its ok.
    The modes are fairly good and easy to learn.
    Graphics:
    Weapons: 9/10
    Community: 5/10
    Overall: 7/10
  33. Nov 27, 2011
    The only up I can think of about this game was playing with my clan against other clans. But you can do this in other, better shooting games. The game would be acceptable if there wouldn't be so many hackers. If you want a good free shooting game, go play TF2 or buy a real game.
  34. Jul 8, 2012
    Combat Arms Is A Really Good Game, It Doesn't Compare To The Big Name Shooters but it's juts simply a fun game. The graphics my be dated but they are still good enough, the game play is fun as long as you don't a hacker or lag which is unfortunately common in the game. But really, if you don't have any of the top shooters this is the game for you, it's accessible and there's quite a large community and some damn good game modes. Expand
  35. Jul 2, 2013
    I've been playing this game since early 2009.
    While some people will tell you that there are many games with better gameplay, they're actually dead wrong. Combat Arms' gameplay is an outstanding shooter title with one major flaw: Community. The Combat Arms community dramatically takes away from just how great this game could be. Many players accuse many others of hacking quite often, and
    actual cheaters appear often enough to help break up gameplay significantly. To compound this problem are the following issues. Kicking is horribly restricted in the most arbitrary ways, and leaving a game early takes away your rewards. Therefore, hackers can effectively destroy your game progress, and Nexon lets it happen, because of the arbitrary kick restrictions. It takes less than 50% of players in a game room to pass moderator abuse punishments, vote kicks require a 2/3rds majority, and one cannot kick at all in game modes that do not involve teams, without having the moderator item. At its core the game is a strong title, but the company managing the game simply ran it into the ground. Doobic studios probably is not happy with the things Nexon has done along the way; but kudos to them for making a great FPS. Nexon is the villain getting in the way of your fun, but that doesn't mean you can't have it. Just expect some hiccups with that fun.

TL;DR
    Combat Arms is a well put together game which has a terrible community full of cheaters and is managed terribly.
  36. Oct 20, 2012
    Perfectly good game. It costs money to make a game with good graphics, if you didn't know. And this was made in Amercia, idiot. This game is perfect if you have a bad pc. Weapon upgrades seem a bit unfair. And some people use hacks.
  37. Jul 25, 2013
    Combat Arms is a free to play FPS. That is probably already a given, but what you probably did not know is that it is easily one of the worst free to play games ever. The gameplay is mirrored among many other FTP shooters for PC, with nothing that stands out. The game is overrun by hackers, and could take you a good 10-20 minutes to find a game with people who don't cheat. Nexus has done nothing to stop this from happening. There are some "story" missions and a zombie mission, but they aren't implemented well due to zombie AI and the missions being dull and slow. I've been saving this for last though: Combat Arms is the definition of a Pay 2 Win game. If you don't know what a P2W game is, it's basically when you are required to buy items with your money in order to win a game. CA starts you out with some truly awful weapons, and only gifts you weapon drops every level, which takes a while. These weapons are not permanent, as you get a range of times between 1-14 days. The second your drop runs out, you are screwed. CA also has a recording software built in (still wondering why people would want to record it) but it sucks in all ways. For one, there is no audio recording whatsoever. Secondly, the quality of the video is so bad that I would rather see people record it with an iPhone. In conclusion, Combat Arms is a masterpiece at being won of the worst games to ever grace my PC. The best feature about Combat Arms is its un-install application. Expand
  38. Feb 1, 2013
    I played this game for a few years now so I say yes this game is very addicting and a great free to play fps game from all of its alright quality and simple game play, but this game also has its issues since no game can be perfect (in my opinion), It has many players that will hack, or glitch in order to win, so many players start assuming that the other players that do awfully well against them cheat so they constantly brag about you till your kicked, and may sometimes might stalk you or broadcast to try to ban you as well, so that much ruins it. That is why i rate this as a 5 it's fun and you can meet nice people to hang, or just talk, but their are haters of course that you can just ignore. I currently try not to play this game so often sometimes I may. Expand
  39. Jul 19, 2013
    Combat Arms itself plays great. Fluid gunplay and clever map design. It is even an extremely low resource game and can be played on extremely dated machines. If I were to rate purely off the game itself, I would give this game at least an 8/10.
    However, Nexon is one of the worst game companies I have ever dealt with. The game is designed to be COMPLETELY PAY 2 WIN. You will not enjoy this
    game or have any sort of selection without paying some money for TEMPORARY items (1 day, 7day, 30day). And it is all grossly overpriced. This system is the model example of Pay 2 Win.
    Combat Arms has a terrible company that designed the game in an exploitative market type fashion.
    Its really a shame because, like I said, the game itself is not bad.
    The reason I give the game such a low score is because the nature of the game gets you heavily involved with a horrible company. You cannot play Combat Arms without having to deal with Nexon's absurdity in some way.
    Nexon is the model example of a terrible gaming company. Play at your own risk.
  40. Apr 3, 2013
    A lot of guns with constant updates, the game has improved over the last few years with increasing player base, never had any issues finding games, plus I can pay to win!
  41. Apr 24, 2013
    PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASSUMING THE GAME IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is indeed original, sure theres hackers but seriously what pc game doesnt have hackers? i was reading most of the reviews on here and tbh i was reading a lot of beginner reviews who didnt have a decent grasp on the game's perspective. YOU DONT NEED TO PAY TO WIN, a large amount of the GP
    (game points- earned by playing the game) are also powerfull. also this ISNT AN EASY GAME, most bigger games that people are relating to this one dont take as long to get used too. each and every single gun in this game has its own strengths and weaknesses, the pay for weapons are not that perfect and overpowered, many players that come to this game complain that they cant kill anyone and that their getting killed through walls etc. yes there might be hackers but maybe your connection to the game server isnt that great or your internet provider that you currently use isnt that great either you can check your connection to the game by pressing TAB, 1-2 bar ping your going to experience frequent lag, delayed bullet hit or being unable to move. THIS IS NOT THE GAMES FAULT, IT IS NEXONS FOR NOT HAVING ENOUGH MOTHER SERVERS CURRENTLY THERE ARE 2 MAIN SERVERS, EU (europe) and NA (noth america). AND LASTLY THIS GAME HAS RECOIL, dont expect this to be COD where the gun doesnt bounce. THIS GAME REQUIRES PATIENCE AND LEARNING by pressing F1 ingame you can try the tutorial and get used to standard recoil and bullet spread. Collapse
  42. Aug 23, 2013
    At first, this was a fun game. It was enjoyable and at the time, was a decent shooter. But all of the: hackers, glitchers, and people who kick you for their own made up rules like; shifting, and like that. Why do you get kicked for sprinting? What's next, kicked for "clicking". Actually, that already happens. If you don't suck as much ass as all the infant children who play this, you must be a hacker.

Bottom line: Don't ever play this. At first you'll like it, then you get kicked randomly
  43. Oct 6, 2013
    Although it's free-to-play, this game is nonetheless clearly substandard in many aspects. Constant, unavoidable bugs and glitches plague the game-play, and Nexon seems to completely ignore its notably poor management of the game. It does have its moments, but really Combat Arms is just a badly maintained shooter whose lack of quality stands out even more amongst other free-to-play shooters that are simply better. Expand
  44. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is ok. Its not anything special. I do like the guns they used in the game and purchased some airsoft replicas from airsplat: http://www.airsplat.com/combat-arms.htm
  45. Jan 8, 2014
    First i have to say, that i was a regular player of Combat Arms Europe straight up from the closed beta, so basically i was a witness of the whole "devolution" of this game.

In the beginning CA was a super fun online shooter, community was kind of ok, no cheaters, good amount of guns and solid gameplay. After half a year or so, things started to go south. When the first specialist
    characters were introduced, i knew where all this is going to lead. The game was still enjoyable, for the next, like two years, but Nexon started to make CA into an eventual abomination, that simply swallows your money, and leaves you in a frustrating pit of hackers and whiners, killing the fun entirely. I tried to return to CA a few times, but i couldn't stay longer than a few rounds each time, so i just moved on.

There are quite a lot of things wrong with this game, the greatest of them all is a company called Nexon. Their management and maintenance of the game is simply ridiculous, interaction with, or response to their player community stands next to zero. They think regular updates are all, that people need. Every month there is a major patch, usually with a few new guns and a new map. What for? The amount of guns one can choose in the shop was already overwhelming years ago, by now many guns have the exact same stats, some of them are completely useless. One can easily get lost in the shop, especially newcomers. There are also way too many maps available, despite their number, people tend to play only on a few maps for some reason.

Despite the fact, that CA was clearly transfroming into a pay to win game, i was holding on. Gameplay was kind of solid, ingame lagg was becoming a more serious problem, but CA was still playable. I never bought anything with nexon cash (NX), used only the ingame currency (GP) for all my gear. Over time, you can get pretty good with GP weapons, there is no need to buy all the fancy guns. Wich are truely overpowered sometimes. And here comes the fact, that player community is absolutely awful in CA. If you manage to dominate players, who spent a lot of cash for top equipment, while your having kind of basic weapons(GP), they will go crazy. People tend to call you hacker, cheater, want to kick you from the room. For playing better then them. IF you'r able to play, because the sheer amount of hackers present in the game is simply beyond belief. The voting system is more than obselete, it's just a broken idea. Elite moderators are kicking almost every player, who manage to keep a better score then they do, players constantly accusing each other back and forth, hacker this, cheater that, the whole process is just disgusting.

Im trying to understand what Nexon was or is thinking, while following their current path of development. The very core of the game is more than good. The gameplay mechanics, the guns, the gunplay is pretty decent for a F2P shooter, maps are also enjoyable. But this insane idea of making the game an overall theft of the players money is poisoning the whole thing. A good amount of NX items are waaay too powerful, of course people want to have the upper hand, when buying them. After they bought a whole set of premium stuff, it's time to play. And what do you know? Even with the top gear you will be constantly harrased by cheaters, people will call you NX noob, for buying real cash items, servers lag for unknown reasons, and the list goes on and on. All this leads to a very frustrating atmosphere, players are angry with the hackers, with each other, and with Nexon of course.

So in conclusion, a very satisfying and fun shooter has turned into an unspeakably frustrating, senseless battle against hackers, and into a desperate search of a decent round with tolarable players. The game itself is practically dead, a mear shadow of its former self. I wonder how long will CA actually last, i hope people start to realize soon enough, right now it's all about their money, without giving anything enjoyable in return.

A broken product, stay far away from it.
  46. Feb 8, 2014
    They don't fix the gameplay what so ever. Playing since it began and still no changes. Why i still play? Cause i my computer is very bad. Plus i got friends on it. Anyways, rubber banding still occurs, hack shield is still not great, running down stairs can kill you, ladders are like super magnets and suck you in, gun stats are way off from real steel, overall it's just terrible. You also have the ability to become a room elite, or super elite, or plain ole room moderator. Elites can kick whoever they want. And with a free game with low system requirements it brings in a lot of immature players. Getting rage kicked is nothing new of the game. There are like tons of guns. But the statistics of each is nearly identical. So you can buy 1 gun thinking it's unique, but nope. Almost every sniper is 99% accuracy and 100% damage. Doesn't really require much talent to play this game.
    Overall. it's garbage. Nexon dev's dont listen to user needs. Stop making events and fix the game
  47. Feb 22, 2014
    In this game, if you spend real money and do really well, it angers ppl and they report you leading to the cash spenders being kicked. Its the worst community of any game I have ever played. I hung out a long time waiting for a better communtiy but it will never happen. Full of hackers and haters. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME
  48. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is AWESOME (in my opinion) this is my first FPS game, i have played more than 3 years, I started as the worst player... The game has TONS of types of matches and a lot of maps, I like the idea of weapons by a certain amount of days. This 2014 the game has improved a lot, there a almost no hackers, in 2 months i have seen 1 hacker, and the game was patched the same day. The downside of the game is the pay2win, weapons that you buy with real money are Over Powered, but this year Nexon is trying to make the not payed weapons better if you play a lot. Expand
  49. Mar 18, 2014
    The game is very choppy, and not very fun to look at. The game is free, but it runs off of a pay to win system. The people who buy guns have a huge advantage over the people who don't buy guns, and it costs a ridiculous amount to buy a gun permanently, so you can usually only rent it for a week or a month. Why not just spend the money that you spend on pay to win guns for a bad game on a actually good game like CS: GO, or CSS, or Battlefield 4? Expand
  50. Apr 20, 2014
    Muito Bom Sá Porraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  51. Apr 24, 2013

1. It's a good place for casual shooter fans who don't feel like dropping $20 to get the crap kicked out of them in CS. [Nov 2008, p.66]
    It's got decent game play and once the kills start rolling in you won't want to stop playing. There are just some things you can't pass up and this is one of them.
  3. There may be plenty of better options for anyone looking for an online shooter, but for the price Combat Arms is among the best around. It's fast, fun, brutal and addicting - what more could you ask for from a free FPS.