Combat Mission: Shock Force PC

3.3

Aug 18, 2007
    It has bugs but is enjoyable game.
  2. Niccolo'D.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Great game, with some issues to be addressed.
  3. ChrisR.
    Aug 1, 2007
    Incomplete, akward UI and missing many of the essential features from Cmx1. Hopefully will get better with future patches.
  4. SB
    Apr 1, 2008
    I played the latest demo (V1.07) and it just misses the sparkle the old CM games had. Those were games with refreshing gameplay, cutting edge realism and graphics for its day and age. And you could feel those gameswere clearly labours of love. Al that seems to miss in the new Shock Force game. While the setting is interesting all the other points seem to be against it. It's not I played the latest demo (V1.07) and it just misses the sparkle the old CM games had. Those were games with refreshing gameplay, cutting edge realism and graphics for its day and age. And you could feel those gameswere clearly labours of love. Al that seems to miss in the new Shock Force game. While the setting is interesting all the other points seem to be against it. It's not refreshing enough on any front, gameplay wise it feels clunky and the graphics are subpar. Everything feels less then the old games, even the unit lists are noticably short. The best this demo did is made me want install the good old CM games again. Not a good sign. I wish Big Time Software all the best in their endavours but I can't escape the nagging feeling they could have done better with this game. I wouldn't recommend this unless you are a hardcore grognard or a big BTS fan. Expand

1. AceGamez
    It looks and sounds great, but the lack of a tutorial is a major letdown, as the game is just too complex not to have one. Even the first few missions of the campaign are quite difficult and don't ease you into the game as they should. The simplistic AI also hurts the gameplay in the campaign mode too.
  2. I don't think I've enjoyed a wargame as much this one since I played the original Combat Mission game all those years ago. If you have an interest in simulating realistic modern warfare, and specifically seeing how the new Stryker concept would fare in battle, you can't go wrong with Combat Mission: Shock Force.
  3. Newbies may find it a little intimidating to get into, but perseverance brings reward in the shape of an immersive experience that’s about as fun as war gaming can get.