8.0

1. Oct 4, 2010
    I enjoyed the game and even bought Kane's Wrath. It's very pretty. It is not the best C&C game, but it is the last good one in the series. RA3 and C&C4 were bad. :(
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Possibly the fastest RTS game to date as well as having the most missions developed in a 3D RTS game ever. The story is great and so is the fast gameplay. Balance issues remain but some things should have been added into the game such as sky textures and the click and drag box with background shading.
  3. Oct 3, 2010
    Still playing and loving it (with TiberiumEssence mod to bring back the original gore). A true 3D hommage to itself: the Command&Conquer RTS. Simply a must-have.
  4. Nov 5, 2011
    Okay, so just as a reminder, I'm reviewing this game about 3.5 years after its release. Besides Starcraft 2, there haven't been many big players entering the 'real time strategy' genre lately, and Tiberium Wars holds up very well.
    Gameplay: C&C3:Tiberium Wars is very fast paced. If you're playing on easy you'll be wondering why some of the units are so much more powerful than the others, and think it unfair; but playing against a difficult computer or player you'll find that there is usually no time or money to get to the bigger units, for better or for worse.
    Visual: In my personal opinion, I think the art and unit designs are great. The factions look like they should (GDI: Very professional, military-like, NOD: Sci-fi'ish, SCRIN: Buglike alien). The engine though hasn't held up very well, though on some maps (with particular lighting) the game looks just as good as anything released today, but the majority of the maps showcase a game that is only decent looking by today's standards.
    Single/Multiplayer: The single player is great, with many missions for each faction and live action scenes between each mission. I haven't played online, but I have played LAN a few times, which was pretty fun but we did experience synch issues a few times, and the game just wasn't as fun on multiplayer as it's predecessor, C&C:Generals.
    Overall: It's a great game, and if you're a fan of the genre it's a great buy.
  5. Oct 27, 2013
    Pretty much the greatest this series ever got. Great cast (mostly pulled from Battlestar Galactica), engaging story and really enjoyable base building strategy.Also the extra race was both a surprise and a delight.
  6. Mar 8, 2012
    This game is to this day (03/09/12) one of my all time favorite strategy games on the Xbox and the PC. this games admittedly odd, yet interesting cut scenes convey the story like no other strategy game out there each mission feels like you're trying to accomplish something not just going for a skirmish although you mainly ARE going for the skirmish win it puts you in situations aroundThis game is to this day (03/09/12) one of my all time favorite strategy games on the Xbox and the PC. this games admittedly odd, yet interesting cut scenes convey the story like no other strategy game out there each mission feels like you're trying to accomplish something not just going for a skirmish although you mainly ARE going for the skirmish win it puts you in situations around them. like one mission you only have infantry to capture and hold 4 fully constructed bases with vehicles aircraft and turrets. it is extremely challenging at times like in the aforementioned scenario. the fast paced gameplay runs flawlessly on my admittedly poor PC. and one of the greatest parts of this game is the fact that you can watch as an upgraded army of Venoms slaughters literally thousands of enemy infantry in a few seconds (they are the weakest and best infantry killers in the game). the units are all balanced well and can be countered if you know what to build. the connection problems online are a problem however, not it doesn't happen that much anymore but there is always the risk of being given a message that says "Your game has fallen out of sync with your opponents, Disconnecting" and then the game shuts down contrary to what it says it doesn't mean that just you disconnect it means the server disconnects from you and it kicks everyone. aside from that i love this game and it's semi-expansion/full game/whatever: Kane's Wrath. I highly recommend this game to any and all strategy game fans. Expand
  7. Jan 1, 2012
    Looks like this game had a pretty big budget just judged by the lot of television/ movie stars in the cutscenes. Its really awesome and i would just love to see that in more games. Anyways something that could be even better would be EA finally giving the budget to a decent team and stop letting the C&C franchise from going down the sewer with mediocre games.
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    I was pretty dissapointed. I grew up playing Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge. So I never knew that the Red Alert Franchise (prequel) was released after the sequel.... And then remade with tiberium and all that stuff. I liked the original Red Alert 2, I never bothered the campaign since I just liked going to war and having like 30 factions battle on the map. Was some crazy stuff. Red Alert 3I was pretty dissapointed. I grew up playing Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge. So I never knew that the Red Alert Franchise (prequel) was released after the sequel.... And then remade with tiberium and all that stuff. I liked the original Red Alert 2, I never bothered the campaign since I just liked going to war and having like 30 factions battle on the map. Was some crazy stuff. Red Alert 3 only had 3 factions which was like 1/10 of red alert 2. As for this game, didn't meet up to my expectations at all. Maybe because it said it was newer on Steam then RA, so that maybe it'd be better, and they'd just keep improving. Main things that bothered me:

The **** user interface, the menu is confusing as **** with all these modes and it's like dark blue.

The Babes, this ticked me off right at the beginning, I was expecting it to be like RA 3, the point of going to war is so that when you end the war, you have babes to return to., there are like no babes in this game.

The in-game user interface, they switched all the buttons, why the **** would they do that.

The graphics, how does a newer game have more horrible graphics than an older game. First of all, no explosions, yea things explode on airstrike, but guess what. You can airstrike a wooden house, and it won't explode. It plays the sound effect and then it sinks into the ground. WTF. Also, the reason RA didn't let you zoom all the way in to see your troops were to not show the low-rez landscape. When you zoom in to your troops now in squads (1 squad can contain like 5 people), the background looks like a solid crap color.

I look for gameplay over graphics, but the gameplay is extremely repetitive.

They used crappy colors for the user interface, everything seems so damp, so I guess it's like an apocolyptic situation where some dude called Kain is trying to **** with everybody and your base is like under a rock doing research. Man, they needa continue the red alert series, I liked those graphics, gameplay, explosions ftw, music, babes, everything about it.
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    The game is about strategy game with new resource, tiberium. The tiberium can use for power plant, weapon, etc. If your infantry through pass tiberium, that can damage your infantry.
  10. Oct 14, 2014
    A must have for any RTS fan, this is the apex of the C&C series coming on the eve of its decline in the playable but very flawed Red Alert 3 and then its total debasement by EA in awful C&C 4. The unit balance and differences between the 3 factions are perfect, the graphics were way ahead of their time and still look great and its has a very long and challenging single player campaign withA must have for any RTS fan, this is the apex of the C&C series coming on the eve of its decline in the playable but very flawed Red Alert 3 and then its total debasement by EA in awful C&C 4. The unit balance and differences between the 3 factions are perfect, the graphics were way ahead of their time and still look great and its has a very long and challenging single player campaign with an interesting story and varied game play. Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2011
    This was the most fun with an RTS game since Emperor: Battle for Dune. It doesn't share Emperor's fantastic strategic opportunities offered by various units, but it offers tons of fun, and many ideas made me completly ignore the fact that the gameplay is rather repetitive. There are some nice, though minor introductions, which don't make it seem like a complete repetition. Also, both theThis was the most fun with an RTS game since Emperor: Battle for Dune. It doesn't share Emperor's fantastic strategic opportunities offered by various units, but it offers tons of fun, and many ideas made me completly ignore the fact that the gameplay is rather repetitive. There are some nice, though minor introductions, which don't make it seem like a complete repetition. Also, both the gameplay and story line are at their best in this installment. If I were to compare it with Red Alert 3, I would san CnC3 got everything right that RA got wrong in terms of game design, graphics, unit design, as well as the way the missions are constructed. Lots of fun. Expand
  12. Apr 25, 2013
    Tiberium Wars is a simple, yet very fun RTS game. There are 3 factions to choose from, each of which are very well structured, yet still have their unique advantages and disadvantages. This balances the gameplay beautifully. Many RTS games have very complex gameplay mechanics, which often turns off newcomers of the genre. The gameplay in Tiberium Wars is very easy to grasp and theTiberium Wars is a simple, yet very fun RTS game. There are 3 factions to choose from, each of which are very well structured, yet still have their unique advantages and disadvantages. This balances the gameplay beautifully. Many RTS games have very complex gameplay mechanics, which often turns off newcomers of the genre. The gameplay in Tiberium Wars is very easy to grasp and the customizable AI gives you a fun, comfortable learning curve, but there is a downside to this feature. Tiberium Wars lacks any innovative RTS features and doesn’t bring anything new to the table. In addition, the limited amount of custom maps restricts the fun Tiberium Wars has to offer in skirmish mode. Fortunately, these imperfections are easily overlooked with its incredibly satisfying gameplay that deserves the attention of any RTS fan or gamers new to the genre. Expand
  13. Feb 5, 2013
    Returning to C&C tradition after C&C Generals, C&C 3 brought back FMV cutscenes for the single player campaign (and with an all-star cast). 3 sides to play with makes the game more interesting but the difficulty of this game compared to previous C&C titles can be overwhelming for some though. Also no awesome soundtrack by Frank Klepacki but they did bring on Steve Jablonksy.
  14. Jul 14, 2012
    This is definitely by favorite game of the Tiberium series and might be my favorite C&C game of all time. I don't know much about balance and I wouldn't exactly call the game very tactical, but I can say I was so addicted to this game for a few months that I started seeing buzzer swarms everywhere. The single player campaigns are fun, the missions are varied, the story is surprisinglyThis is definitely by favorite game of the Tiberium series and might be my favorite C&C game of all time. I don't know much about balance and I wouldn't exactly call the game very tactical, but I can say I was so addicted to this game for a few months that I started seeing buzzer swarms everywhere. The single player campaigns are fun, the missions are varied, the story is surprisingly interesting. I think this is the only RTS game where I've given a crap about the story. Kane is just awesome. I played the skirmishes so much I played them in my sleep. My only complains were that it lacks a good sound track and most of the environments kinda look the same after a while, but the expansion fixes the environment part. If you like this game, I'd definitely recommend the expansion. Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2012
    Overall I thought this game was very good: its single player campaigns were beefy and interesting, and had reasonably good acting and story. Multiplayer was alright too, though I never got much into that--mostly stuck to campaign/skirmish. The music, graphics, physics, etc. were all good for its time, and gameplay-wise it introduced some cool features. Anyone who hasn't played this oughtOverall I thought this game was very good: its single player campaigns were beefy and interesting, and had reasonably good acting and story. Multiplayer was alright too, though I never got much into that--mostly stuck to campaign/skirmish. The music, graphics, physics, etc. were all good for its time, and gameplay-wise it introduced some cool features. Anyone who hasn't played this ought to spend the $10 to get it: it'll be well worth your time and money. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game and its expansion. It was a worthy addition to the cnc series. I enjoyed this rts game far more than Starcraft 2. The multiplayer side of this game was very good, and i got to rank number 1 in this game for 1v1 and the expansion when the games were released.
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    C&C3 was the last great RTS game everything went downhill after AND I MEAN EVERYTHING
    To me personally this is one of the most important games because This was basically the end of an era of RTS
    RIP Golden era of RTS 1995-2007
  18. Mar 3, 2015
    This game is good, despite this being the last known good C&C game that ever came out from EA games. This is truly a treat with the campaign being decent, but challenging even on the hard difficulty for people like me who play love the dying genera. This Uber late analysis of the game spawned from me coming back to this game in 2015, which really is rare thing for me to do with a C&CThis game is good, despite this being the last known good C&C game that ever came out from EA games. This is truly a treat with the campaign being decent, but challenging even on the hard difficulty for people like me who play love the dying genera. This Uber late analysis of the game spawned from me coming back to this game in 2015, which really is rare thing for me to do with a C&C game. I beating the campaign that I cannot talk about due to spoilers because it was a interesting twist. I highly recommend staying away from skirmish or multi-player until you beaten either the Nod Campaign or GDI Campaign just to make the experience a little more authentic. This game is so good that the only reason it is not a nine is because one of the factions is slightly more overpowered over the rest, even if it feels like they deserved this OP nature considering where they came from.

I recommend playing previous C&C games and avoid any C&C game released after this game.

1. It's action-packed gameplay; attractive, colorful visuals; and star-studded videos are sure to draw in both hardcore fans of the series and large numbers of new players. [Apr 2007, p.20]
  2. It's deeply hilarious - as aracde-feeling as strategy games can get...It does everything it can, bar a song and dance routine, to entertain you. And it succeeds. [Apr 2007, p.62]
  3. After years in the wilderness, RTS is pretty cool again right now, and something as cheerfully straightforward as this is just what's needed to stop the big braininess of "Company of Heroes" and "Supreme Commander" leading to another plunge into an inaccessibility that turns more casual players off the whole genre.