2.0

1. Aug 23, 2010
    The most important words of the review: DO NOT BUY! This is not a Command and Conquer game, this is some other game pretending that it is a C&C game. Sure, the campy cut scenes are nice and all, but if I wanted to only watch the cut scenes, I would have just found the videos for it online. For the game itself, not worth the money. I pre-ordered this game--after playing every other C&CThe most important words of the review: DO NOT BUY! This is not a Command and Conquer game, this is some other game pretending that it is a C&C game. Sure, the campy cut scenes are nice and all, but if I wanted to only watch the cut scenes, I would have just found the videos for it online. For the game itself, not worth the money. I pre-ordered this game--after playing every other C&C game, I will not trust a C&C game until after it comes out, and probably has some discounts again. Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    You know, I can live with the whole "mobile base" thing that they have going on. I don't entirely mind the RPS combat... but I can't stand how boring this game is. I've never been so bored in my entire life while playing a video game. The story was awful, absolutely terrible. The acting was was easily the worst in the series (as was the story). I've gotta say, this game probably destroyedYou know, I can live with the whole "mobile base" thing that they have going on. I don't entirely mind the RPS combat... but I can't stand how boring this game is. I've never been so bored in my entire life while playing a video game. The story was awful, absolutely terrible. The acting was was easily the worst in the series (as was the story). I've gotta say, this game probably destroyed the franchise... I know I won't pick up another C&C after this and judging from the reviews I don't expect anyone else to either. Expand
  3. Oct 3, 2010
    Spoiler Alert: This is a turd of a product, not worthy of the C&C name. - This game is even worse than Red Alert 3. It is one of the many casualties of EA. May it rot in peace.
  4. Apr 25, 2011
    It was brave of them to take an established money making franchise and flip the whole thing like a pancake. Not many companies have the balls to do that. Too bad the end result was a game that had nothing to do with C&C gameplay and made for a completely undesirable game
  5. May 16, 2011
    This game is mournful. As of the time of this writing, it's available from Steam for twenty dollars. I passed C&C4 by when it came out last year, wary from the reviews and videos I had seen, and only picked it up now while the RTS genre is fairly dry.

It is absolutely not worth it. If this game were being given away it would still cost too much in hard-drive space alone to justify owning it. This is the worst RTS I can remember owning in over a decade. It is a betrayal, a betrayal of the franchise, of the fans, and of EA's customers in general.

The Command and Conquer franchise has always had some common traits constant between all its games, from the original to the Red Alert series and even the short-lived Generals spin off. You build a base, you build structures along a tech-tree, you unlock more advanced units by building the corresponding buildings, you amass a force free of any arbitrary population cap, and you wage quick, brutal, and often unforgiving war. Command and Conquer 4 has none of that. Not a single defining point of the franchise is present. Not. A. One. Resource gathering is gone. Base building is replaced by a single 'crawler' mobile facility that builds all available units once its deployed. Your army is limited by an infuriatingly low population cap since actual units are produced without any sort of resource cost. The closest thing to a tech-tree is a list of upgrades you can purchase at your crawler if you capture special tiberium crystals and return them to your base, almost like a capture the flag mini-game. Since there are no bases and units (including the crawlers) are produced neigh instantly and freely, victory depends on capture points which are won over by standing near them until a sliding bar swings to your faction. The only analogue I can think of is a rather despised mechanic Blizzard has incorporated into one of its World of Warcraft multiplayer battlegrounds. Indeed, the entire affair feels more like haphazardly managing an MMO than playing an actual real time strategy game. The more I think of it, the more like an MMO this game feels. The campaign is available in single-player but its clearly balanced around a poorly implemented co-op approach, to the extent that you can't start a mission without being put into a chat-room of C&C4 players. Most disturbingly, you'll see people advertise games to grind experience in these channels, since higher tech-units are now dependent on experienced gathered from your playing account. You have to grind experience to build units. Let that sink in. It is exactly as awful as it sounds. Its myriad technical and mechanical problems aside, what I object to the most is its presentation. I was replaying C&C 3 out of nostalgia before I decided to buy this game, and I firmly believe C&C 3 had better graphics, despite coming out four years before hand. C&C4 may have higher polygon counts and better lighting, but there was a baffling aesthetic change in the transition that makes everything look like building blocks. Gone are the sleek and hard lines, the fascinating alien bio-mechanical fusion, the gleam of light off tanks, and any sort of attempt at a realistic presentation. Now every unit looks like a child cobbled it together out of building blocks. It's almost cartoonish. And you'll have plenty of time to savor that, as it takes forever for anything to kill anything else now, vastly slowing down C&C's famous fast tempo. And the story... Merciful gods the story... C&C 3 had an extensive world-building side to it. It detailed the ravages of a tiberium future. It spun a cohesive narrative and had players scrambling for hidden objectives that unlocked intelligence notes, entries on units, events, and background that gave no other reward than simply learning about the setting. And they were fascinating enough that many players spent a lot of time hunting them down (just look at the number of online intel guides for proof). C&C 4 does none of that. It actively tries to get you to forget plot points from its predecessor. It erases the setting earlier games masterfully erected. The actual story is irrelevant because you won't be able to follow it; cut-scenes and briefings are overly melodramatic yet carry no real information. You'll be wondering 'why?' at the start of almost every mission. It's like reading a comic where half the panels were blacked out.

Five thousand characters isn't enough to bemoan this wretched travesty. Command and Conquer deserved better than this. There isn't a single redeeming quality to this game. It is pathetic. EA knows this; it retails for half the price of its predecessor, despite being four years younger. I give it one point because it exists and doesn't actively give you cancer. That's really the best that can be said about it.
  6. Jul 7, 2011
    This is not the C&C i used to play....
    i am open for changes only if they are doing something good and make the game more fun and enjoyable
    but i can't find any of them... also i am a big fan of the mission crossing screen and movie... C&C or i should say WESTWOOD did it very well in the past and in C&C4....what EA have create is some sort of stupid class B movie style crap... i would say
    This is not the C&C i used to play....
    but i can't find any of them...
    i would say even the C&C 1 movie is better than C&C4 except the increase of resolution....
  7. Jan 1, 2012
    Why did this get released? How can a big company like EA let something like this happen?
    There has to be someone in charge of giving the final "O.K." to release a certain product in a certain condition in a company like EA but judged by this game there simply isnt. Even then basic common sense should tell anyone that such garbage needs to get deleted instead of released.
  8. Aug 6, 2012
    As many have said, this game is not so much bad as mis-labled. EA made a huge mistake by trying to reinvent C&C gameplay in the final installment of a much-beloved series. Moreover, the storyline and acting was lousy and boring. After all this time of trying to figure out what Kane's master plan is, what the true origins of Nod are, what the fate of the planet will be, etc. this game givesAs many have said, this game is not so much bad as mis-labled. EA made a huge mistake by trying to reinvent C&C gameplay in the final installment of a much-beloved series. Moreover, the storyline and acting was lousy and boring. After all this time of trying to figure out what Kane's master plan is, what the true origins of Nod are, what the fate of the planet will be, etc. this game gives the player a huge middle finger. The gameplay itself is very annoying and confusing, and a pointless leveling system means that you need to play single player first if you want to have a shot in multiplayer (which might actually be a little fun). Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    What the hell were EA thinking? This was supposed to be epic ending for beloved game series and what did we got? No base-building, **** multiplayer, **** plot and hideous DRM! I know Westwood made SOME **** C&C games too but at least they were just spin-offs, not sequels.
  10. Jason
    Mar 23, 2010
    When i heard about C + C 4 i was really excited to see what it holds! When i saw the trailier it made it gave false hope and even the trailers made the game look ok. Anyway! after playing through the first 3 missions.. i hounestly cant bring myself to even play the game anymore.. one of my most fav games.. gone down the drain in something i was expecting to be the best game of 2010!
  11. SamM
    Mar 24, 2010
    What is this? Another EA Mainstream game I see. Another EA FAILED game. Just like the battlefield series with BF:Hero's, EA is slamming C@C into the ground...No longer is there good RTS game play, good RTS base building...But more of a FPS/RTS mix. Is this even C@C anymore? Or is is some sick twisted hybrid game that came straight out of the laboratory from EA. This game flat out What is this? Another EA Mainstream game I see. Another EA FAILED game. Just like the battlefield series with BF:Hero's, EA is slamming C@C into the ground...No longer is there good RTS game play, good RTS base building...But more of a FPS/RTS mix. Is this even C@C anymore? Or is is some sick twisted hybrid game that came straight out of the laboratory from EA. This game flat out sucks, no true single player action, and no exciting game play. Expand
  12. ThirlW
    Mar 26, 2010
    C&C game check. fun.... nope.. command point system: not as much fun as resource management.. crawler stance choice (IE offense, defense , support) fails to be anything but annoying solo game play: what a joke its bad enough to force us to log in to ea to play solo .. but the campaign almost forces you to play mulit player,,, epic fail end result last EA rts i buy with out a hard look..
  13. Aug 16, 2010
    Why oh why change a winning game into a mainstream game this is happening with alot of games now. think they have changed it to appeal to young kids. It is alot less fun and exiting than Command & Conquer 3 and such a waste of money to buy. Stick to what you know and make a proper RTS game not a KRTS (kids real time strategy).
  14. TimY
    Mar 19, 2010
    Great way to end my 2nd favourite franchise ever EA. Remove Base building, Tiberium harvesting and resource managment all toghther. I could stand C&C3 but now they ripped of DAwn of War 2 and made it with 10 times the epic fail. IF I could I would give it a -1.
  15. Nov 30, 2013
    You can't even call this command and conquer despite units with the C&C look.
    It is nothing like command and conquer at all and the gameplay is boring and torturing. It is the first time I haven't finished the gameplay of neither GDI nor NOD sides and go to youtube to watch the ending.

P.S. I am more than qualified to view this game. I have been playing C&C since its DOS version.
  16. ThomasS.
    Mar 27, 2010
    This game should have been sold as a Total Annihilation game. It is not C&C. It's not worth $49.95 and definitely not worth
  17. ChristianP.
    Mar 28, 2010
    This is the worse game EVER!!! I thought red alert 3 was garage i stand corrected muliplayer sucks you play caputuring these control nods and first team to get to 2500 points wins... theres no room name changing theres no teams nod and gdi together.. there is no merging.. doesnt make any sense then game is about merging together as one but on muliplayer your seperated this is garbage i This is the worse game EVER!!! I thought red alert 3 was garage i stand corrected muliplayer sucks you play caputuring these control nods and first team to get to 2500 points wins... theres no room name changing theres no teams nod and gdi together.. there is no merging.. doesnt make any sense then game is about merging together as one but on muliplayer your seperated this is garbage i wish i can sell my digtial copy for 5 bucks too many bugs dont buy stay away another game EA messed up i hate EA. Expand
  18. Oct 4, 2010
    It is not even RTS style like previous C&C games when I tried its betas. EA killed the series. C&C3 and its KW addon were the last good C&C games. Even the cutscenes were bad. :(
  19. Nov 17, 2010
    i wish i could have been positive about Tiberium Twilight, but i can't.
    the C&C series have always been a traditional RTS(simple build,train,command,conquer), but 4 breaks that formula in a bad way.
    its okay if they want to try something else but they shouldn't use a well known series as a base for that. the story is also far below par. people who know a bit of the Tiberium universe
    i wish i could have been positive about Tiberium Twilight, but i can't.
    the story is also far below par. people who know a bit of the Tiberium universe will probably find allot of loose ends in it.
  20. Mar 4, 2011
    I have been a huge fan of Command and Conquer for many years, and own all the games. However, when they started to announce this game and it was discovered that base building had been removed I said "pass"

I didn't buy the game till it was on sale on Steam for 5 dollars the other week, and I still think I paid to much. It is not even a C&C game. No bases and all about micro. For the last game in the series it was massively disappointing. Why after years of success would they alter the design so drastically. I have about 3 hours of play, and have no desire to play any more. If you were an uber micro person that always built minimal bases anyway you may enjoy the game. But if you are a macro player that just plays casually in Skirmish and used the game as your "offline" option, then this is not for you. Stick with C&C3
  21. Jul 24, 2011
    Basic theme of my review: You loved CnC 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5? Don't waste your 4$ on this game like I unfortunately did.

Long gone are the days where you would start off with little to now power and units and were expected to use skill and strategy to obtain resources and build up an army. No, today's version of Command and Conquer gets rid of all these silly concepts, puts you down with *one* main building whose purpose is to... let you build from a list of all your available units right from the start, mass them up at no cost to you, send them on a killing spree, and repeat. This game would have earned points for its XP system of leveling up to unlock things had it done things right, or at least attempted to steal the ideas from Starcraft 2. But no, in CnC4 you aren't given the biggest tanks for the biggest missions, you need to unlock them by grinding, because that's what the last hope for the world has to do, right?
    Graphics look pretty, but then again you wouldn't be playing this series if you cared more about the graphics than the actual gameplay.
    Finally, I tried the skirmish mode against a computer since there is absolutely no one on multiplayer these days, and it's the same thing as single player: boring and repetitive.
  22. Jul 7, 2011
    A Command and Conquer game without LAN play? .... no base building? ... It's only USD$4 on steam but this crap is not even worth that... sorry EA but after this and Bad company 2.... i will never be purchasing an EA game again.... you destroy franchises.

Battlefield and Command and Conquer use to be 2 of my favorite games.... and there is a reason me and my friends still play red alert 2 and BFV over your new games...
  23. Jun 23, 2012
    I've been a huge fan of the C&C series since the first. I even loved the underrated Renegade spin-off. When I heard C&C 4 was coming out I was beyond happy. However I held off on buying the game until I found it really cheap because it contains lame DRM which requires you to be online at all time. After finally buying it and popping it in I was very let down to say the least.. First offI've been a huge fan of the C&C series since the first. I even loved the underrated Renegade spin-off. When I heard C&C 4 was coming out I was beyond happy. However I held off on buying the game until I found it really cheap because it contains lame DRM which requires you to be online at all time. After finally buying it and popping it in I was very let down to say the least.. First off it plays nothing like any of the other games in the series. Building is nearly non-existant, as is mining ore. About all you can build is units from a mobile factory which each side has. You are also restricted no only by a very strict unit cap, but which units you can build as well. You see in C&C 4 you have ranks. Your rank depends on what units you are allowed to build. This means for awhile you're going to be stuck with a few weak as heck units. This is not only in single player, but multi as well. It makes things so unbalanced and needlessly difficult it ruins the entire game. This game is horrible to say the least. I don't usually condone piracy, but with this one I can say the pirates got a better version. Not only can they play it offline, but they didn't pay a dime for this crap. Seriously, this has got to be one of the worst RTS games I have ever played and I have played a lot. Expand
  24. Jul 22, 2012
    So I picked up C&C 4 tonight because it was on steam sale for $5 dollars, and I believe I overpaid for it. It really disapointed me how much I dislike C&C 4. I played it for just over an hour, and that was all I could take. It just so bad that it doesn't even resemble the C&C series that I remember fondly. Where did the resource gathering go? Why are there now 3 different types of MCV'sSo I picked up C&C 4 tonight because it was on steam sale for $5 dollars, and I believe I overpaid for it. It really disapointed me how much I dislike C&C 4. I played it for just over an hour, and that was all I could take. It just so bad that it doesn't even resemble the C&C series that I remember fondly. Where did the resource gathering go? Why are there now 3 different types of MCV's that I seem to have to switch between just to keep up with the AI? Why does the game seem to be forcing me around the map multiple times? Why are the graphic settings set to minimal as default? Why can't I adjust said setting while in a mission? Why is it when I set the graphic settings to max, that it still looks like a game from 6 years ago? Just so much wrong here and besides the guy that plays Kane, there's nothing here that even remotely resembles the C&C I know and love. I give the game a 1 purely because the actor who played Kane was still in it. Expand
  25. Mar 25, 2012
    This game is absolute trash. EA strike again with their opportunistic cash-is-the-prime-directive behavior, by riding out the franchise until it's dead in the water. It's clear than EA have squeezed the absolute life out of this franchise as the quality of anything they've release related to the series has been inferior since Tiberium Sun.

Joke's on you EA. Enjoy your expensive critical

Joke's on you EA. Enjoy your expensive critical panning. Not even worth pirating. Disgusting.
  26. Dec 31, 2011
    I picked up this game for 5$. I want my five dollars back.

I think that that should set the tone for this review. None of the elements from the Tiberium games are in the game. No base building, no choosing your own play style, no actual strategy, simply build guys and throw them at the target until you are bored. The paper/rock/scissors type strength/weakness system added needless
    I picked up this game for 5$. I want my five dollars back.

The paper/rock/scissors type strength/weakness system added needless non-intuitive complication. For what it's worth, for the short time that I played the game, it looks like the graphics were good, the environments were interesting, and that the sound and music were of good quality. It's really too bad that I have no intention of playing any further in the game to find out if the story was interesting.

Here's hoping Bioware treats the C&C series like it should be. Or that C&C5 will return to the previous gameplay style.
  27. Jul 4, 2012
    Very disappointed for a great series. C&C4 doesn't belongs to C&C series. It should be called by another name. EA has betrayed all the fan of C&C, no base building, no resource management, just ask for troops and keep attacking to take the point. If you haven't play C&C before, don't buy this game. If you still want to try this C&C4, I suggest you buying Company of heroes.
  28. Jan 1, 2012
    There was nothing that made it C&C aside from the name and Cane. Simply not fun at all. The strategy aspect is almost gone completely. Make more units for free, zerg them, build more for free, oh that base is down....wake me when I won again.
    Lastly, the campaign cannot be beaten unless you have another player or unless you have levelled up in multi player (which sucks worse than the main game) to level up enough to do it solo. I have no problem with co-op games, RA3 you would do single or co-op.....but it was beatable either way. Even their online community said it cant be done at my level, and they were surprised I got as far as I did. They took everything that made C&C fun and took it away. Way to kill a franchise.....
  29. Mar 26, 2012
    This game takes what I, personally, loved most, and chucked it out the window. No more base-building, no more resource management. Just OK, HERE ARE YOUR GUYS AND SOME LITTLE BUILDINGS GO KILL THINGS. The only reason this is getting a 2 is because it looks good and at least kept the live-action cut scenes. That's all it really kept from previous titles. Don't buy this game if you were aThis game takes what I, personally, loved most, and chucked it out the window. No more base-building, no more resource management. Just OK, HERE ARE YOUR GUYS AND SOME LITTLE BUILDINGS GO KILL THINGS. The only reason this is getting a 2 is because it looks good and at least kept the live-action cut scenes. That's all it really kept from previous titles. Don't buy this game if you were a fan of previous titles. Expand
  30. Dec 31, 2012
    Obligatory 0 for online-only DRM. An unforgivable offence. There might be something worth playing under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  31. Apr 17, 2012
    OK this game sucks big time!! the story is no good, the only good actor is the guy that plays Kane, the game play is only good if you are a rusher because there is no base building or harvesting tiberium, they have a limit on how many units you can have which on the old command and conquer games the only limit to how many units you could build was how much tiberium was on the map. also iOK this game sucks big time!! the story is no good, the only good actor is the guy that plays Kane, the game play is only good if you are a rusher because there is no base building or harvesting tiberium, they have a limit on how many units you can have which on the old command and conquer games the only limit to how many units you could build was how much tiberium was on the map. also i hated that they made it where units like the cyborg commando and the mammoth tank where only good at killing a select few units and they could not kill bases at all any more. when i played command and conquer tiberium sun the cyborg command could take out an entire base all by its self if easy.

on top of all that the ending just sucked. the portal that Kane went through looked like it was painted on to a white wall and this is a portal build by the Scrin. Also Kane would never side with GDI. If i remember it right in command and conquer 3 tiberium wars Kane was really mad that who ever the second in command on that game was sided with GDI and saw the Scrin as a bigger threat.

So all in all if you like the old C&C games and have been playing from C&C tiberium dawn which was the one made in 1995 then you will not like C&C 4. For truly I say to you this game would not be worth getting even if it was free and that it would have been better for EA games to just have ended command and conquer with command and conquer Kane's wrath.
  32. May 10, 2012
    I wanted to play this game as I played and enjoyed most of the C&C and Red Alert games through my teens and into my adulthood. But this review, sadly, is not about how good or bad the game is, or how it lives up to or lets down the franchise. I bought the game through Steam during a sale, and over the past year I have tried to play it many times. It has never once actually worked, andI wanted to play this game as I played and enjoyed most of the C&C and Red Alert games through my teens and into my adulthood. But this review, sadly, is not about how good or bad the game is, or how it lives up to or lets down the franchise. I bought the game through Steam during a sale, and over the past year I have tried to play it many times. It has never once actually worked, and trying to find any support for the game has utterly failed. I essentially paid to register an account with EA, give them some personal information, and never get to play the title I purchased. I don't know if it is the DRM, or a problem with Windows 7, or something else in the code. Every other Steam game I have purchased has been playable. The support forums unfortunately backed up my experience. So give this game a miss. If you pay for it, you may get nothing but frustration in return. Expand
  33. Dec 16, 2013
    The game was poorly designed for multiple reason. First the lack of bases is detrimental from the start, not staying true to the series at all. Now I could have forgiven the whole no base thing, but the rest of the game is poorly designed slop I could not over-look it! The graphic style is cartoonish and goofy, it simply doesn't feel right at all. But perhaps my biggest beef with the gamesThe game was poorly designed for multiple reason. First the lack of bases is detrimental from the start, not staying true to the series at all. Now I could have forgiven the whole no base thing, but the rest of the game is poorly designed slop I could not over-look it! The graphic style is cartoonish and goofy, it simply doesn't feel right at all. But perhaps my biggest beef with the games are the units. No single unit has that "bite" there is no "kick" to any of the units. You get your awesome t3 kick butt GDI Mammoth out... and it does only a little more damage than your main battle tanks... it feels frustrating sluggish as a game and I am thoroughly disappointed in EA for making such a pathetic excuse for a CnC game, don't waste your money on this hunk of garbage, get a real game and go back to CnC3:KW Expand
  34. May 19, 2014
    Holy Christ what a **** up. The game is unintelligible if you are expecting some RTS action like C&C or any of the others in the genre. I'd bought it a while ago, tried it once and hated it. Reinstalled recently just to see if it was actually playable and, nope, first impression was correct. Most games you can perceive what the goal is, what you are doing etc, this is just a mess.Holy Christ what a **** up. The game is unintelligible if you are expecting some RTS action like C&C or any of the others in the genre. I'd bought it a while ago, tried it once and hated it. Reinstalled recently just to see if it was actually playable and, nope, first impression was correct. Most games you can perceive what the goal is, what you are doing etc, this is just a mess. Someone oughta have lost their job over this one.

Leveling system? WTf, its not an MMORPG and you generally play a game like this to get right in the action, not grind to see it.

The "unlocking" crap is stupid, every supposed stand alone game that does this, I quit buying their products, ie I liked Battlefield and BF Vietnam, but they started that locked features crap that you had to play so many games or online to unlock - no more buys of their product either.

Thank God I have Supreme Commander (Total Annihilation reboot), as most of the RTS I enjoyed in the 902 and early 2000s have gone to crap.
  35. LeccerL
    Mar 19, 2010
    They shouldn't try to follow in the same direction relic did with Dawn of war. The concept that made me play previous C&C game was the strategic you would get into establishing a base and showed your enemy who's boss.... I presonally think this game won't be able to compete with these years realeses such as Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War; Chaos Rising.
  36. Jul 5, 2012
    I am incredibly disappointed in this game... Definitely not the Command and Conquer that I used to play. If Westwood sees this utter garbage. They should definitely sue EA for this nonsense that they have created.
  37. Nov 27, 2014
    Burn in hell with this **** game! What is this? Wonderfull game Tiberium Wars+expansion Kane´s Wrath and you do this...Terrible, horrible and other terrible words for this repulsiveness...Dont buy it!! It isnt classic C&C RTS game, it is ****
  38. Aug 9, 2013
    I don't know why so many people hate this game... 15 Years passed from the third Tiberium War(2047-2062), and the Earth was contaminated, there were no blue zones, and the humans need something new to survive They can't build bases in the Tiberium fields), and they needed some bases that can be moved Let's say a Tiberium Storm hits the zone, all of the base is destroyed, because it can'tI don't know why so many people hate this game... 15 Years passed from the third Tiberium War(2047-2062), and the Earth was contaminated, there were no blue zones, and the humans need something new to survive They can't build bases in the Tiberium fields), and they needed some bases that can be moved Let's say a Tiberium Storm hits the zone, all of the base is destroyed, because it can't move) and this is where the crawlers we're invented... These MCV's are bases but they can pack up and get out of the zone if a storm comes. When almost all of the earth was full with tiberium, only some yellow zones, then GDI and The Brotherhood of Nod sided, and made the TCN Tiberium Control Nodes This was the key to survival...

I still don't understand what people have with this game. I think its very nice.
  39. SamuelK
    Mar 23, 2010
    Despite what other users said I think that this game is completly worth your time and money. It is indeeed not like her ancestors. But all the action gameplay, crawlers, cooperation between players needed, balanced units... This game isn't bad it's DIFFERENT. You either move along and enjoy epic battles or if you don't like it go and play something else. Would you like to Despite what other users said I think that this game is completly worth your time and money. It is indeeed not like her ancestors. But all the action gameplay, crawlers, cooperation between players needed, balanced units... This game isn't bad it's DIFFERENT. You either move along and enjoy epic battles or if you don't like it go and play something else. Would you like to rather have copy of previous CnC games (which were copied by almost all of RTS) with new graphics? Or you prefer something new, something you could explore, something fast but tactical, something different? Expand
  40. Nov 18, 2012
    the game is good, highly details and with lots of units,powers and upgrades. yes the cut scenes are a bit chessy but the game is good. not exellent but good.
  41. TalonA.
    Mar 21, 2010
    I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews for this game. Is it because of the number of hardcore fans who whine about change? The gameplay is addicting and fast-paced, the graphics are slick, the music is awesome. Well worth the money.
  42. powL
    Mar 25, 2010
    Arg! i thought here are "reviews" or "scores". seems that most ppl suck in being objective or something else. this game is very nice developed, easy to play and brings some fresh air into the mostly copy/paste rts genre. i like that this game isnt like the old formulas. if i wanna play the old ones...i can play the old games... i hate theses sequels where nearly nothing evolved. this is Arg! i thought here are "reviews" or "scores". seems that most ppl suck in being objective or something else. this game is very nice developed, easy to play and brings some fresh air into the mostly copy/paste rts genre. i like that this game isnt like the old formulas. if i wanna play the old ones...i can play the old games... i hate theses sequels where nearly nothing evolved. this is in my opinion the right direction for a command & conquer. take the game for what it is. and most ppl here do have no idea what "gamedesign" really means i guess. they are just upset ... 8! clearly. Expand
  43. AlA.
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oh come ooon! Cutscenes is horrible for sure ( no questions to Joe Kucan, even now he doing his job great- i love it) Overall about cutscenes: its feels like financial crysis, even compare to Tiberian Dawn. About gameplay... it's fun. Well, like many other people other here(or it's just my imagination), i play CNC since CNC TD. Many changes, etc, but its realy fun to play,feels Oh come ooon! Cutscenes is horrible for sure ( no questions to Joe Kucan, even now he doing his job great- i love it) Overall about cutscenes: its feels like financial crysis, even compare to Tiberian Dawn. About gameplay... it's fun. Well, like many other people other here(or it's just my imagination), i play CNC since CNC TD. Many changes, etc, but its realy fun to play,feels modern, not without some mistakes of course. If someone in EA read this now, just for future: never experiment on such a MONSTER brand like CNC, i mean never do it like this. BIG mistake, but NOT a complete fail. All because of fun multi and Kane (have no doubt that he will be back again, he always do) Kane lives in death!=) long live to all. Expand
  44. JeffE
    Mar 17, 2010
    In order to enjoy C&C 4 you need to have an open mind. The Hardcore fans will not be happy but once you get into the game and look past it's faults you see the replay value C&C 4 has. The Campaign is somewhat of a disappointment but the skirmish and MP mode will keep you playing for many hours of mindless fun. You can complete the campaign in your own style with the 3 different In order to enjoy C&C 4 you need to have an open mind. The Hardcore fans will not be happy but once you get into the game and look past it's faults you see the replay value C&C 4 has. The Campaign is somewhat of a disappointment but the skirmish and MP mode will keep you playing for many hours of mindless fun. You can complete the campaign in your own style with the 3 different classes which makes it a lot more interesting. If you are looking for some RTS fun then C&C 4 is for you if your more of a hardcore expecting the same old basebuilding/harvesting stuff then approach this with an open mind and judge the game for what it is. Expand
  45. karimS
    Mar 20, 2010
    Been seeing alot of people automaticly dissing the new C&C but you have to wonder how many have actually played it or took part in the beta. Here's my 2 cents: - It isn't a typical static RTS it's dynamic and allows players to play with their strenghts - if you like tank spams offence is good for you - if you like to build defensive structures/infintry spam defence is good Been seeing alot of people automaticly dissing the new C&C but you have to wonder how many have actually played it or took part in the beta. Here's my 2 cents: - It isn't a typical static RTS it's dynamic and allows players to play with their strenghts - if you like tank spams offence is good for you - if you like to build defensive structures/infintry spam defence is good for you - if you like aircraft or support craft then the support craft is good - because your now limited to specific tech you have to think what your doing, and see what other players are building doing - I feel that it's had a sense of the MMO/company of heros genre injected into it (no not a clone of starcraft as I've read a few reviews mentioning) - you won't automatically get all the tech trees, you have to earn them (I like this as it stops people blundering their way with the hi tech, and also makes you feel you've achecived something) - It feels orianted towards the clanwars market Final words: - easy advice if you want to play a static base building game, don't buy this as you'll be disappointed - if you like working with people in team work or like working on a class based play then you'd probally enjoy it. Expand
  46. peter.
    Mar 19, 2010
    If you are a fan of the series in order to like this game you have to have a open mind for the changes. say to yourself "if i wanna play traditional c&c i can play all of them" but this is something new and offers new ways to play.
  47. brandonk
    Apr 13, 2010
    I'm not gana rant about this because what i wana say has already been sed by almost every comment here i will say that if they make a expansion pack i wont buy it if they make cnc5 and they dont go back tah cnc3 style gameplay i wont buy it if they make redalert4 ill wait and see reviews and if it looks good ill buy it and if they come out with generals 2 and its done in the same wayI'm not gana rant about this because what i wana say has already been sed by almost every comment here i will say that if they make a expansion pack i wont buy it if they make cnc5 and they dont go back tah cnc3 style gameplay i wont buy it if they make redalert4 ill wait and see reviews and if it looks good ill buy it and if they come out with generals 2 and its done in the same way the original was but with video or sum thing ill buy it but if they don't abandon this style and they push it into the other universes aswell im just going to abandon cnc forever and as a hardcore fan that fact really saddens me as a random rts game 5/10 as a cnc game ZERO. Expand
  48. Jan 5, 2011
    Tiberium Twilight brings an end to the decade-long Tiberium saga, but why the developers chose the terminal chapter of their iconic Command and Conquer series to attempt a radical new direction is beyond many. In essence, C&C 4 is all flash and little substance. Gorgeous visuals and an excellent soundtrack come at the cost of stripped down gameplay and a less-than-stellar telling of Kane'sTiberium Twilight brings an end to the decade-long Tiberium saga, but why the developers chose the terminal chapter of their iconic Command and Conquer series to attempt a radical new direction is beyond many. In essence, C&C 4 is all flash and little substance. Gorgeous visuals and an excellent soundtrack come at the cost of stripped down gameplay and a less-than-stellar telling of Kane's final gambit in the long struggle between rival factions Nod and GDI. While the new pace of play may be frantic, removal of such things as resource management and base construction serve only to alienate this shell of a game from it's predecessors. Expand
  49. Nov 17, 2010
    This is one of the worst command and conquer games I have ever played. The campaign was awful. The only thing nice about it was the multiplayer.
  50. Jan 13, 2011
    For anyone considering this game, don't pay attention to the reviews that claim it's the worst game ever, and that it ruined the C&C series. This game is excellent. The people who are putting it down, are doing so not because it's a bad game, but because they expected another sidebar, billion unit RTS with little interaction with the maps, and little micromanagement, like the rest of theFor anyone considering this game, don't pay attention to the reviews that claim it's the worst game ever, and that it ruined the C&C series. This game is excellent. The people who are putting it down, are doing so not because it's a bad game, but because they expected another sidebar, billion unit RTS with little interaction with the maps, and little micromanagement, like the rest of the Command and Conquer games have been. Truth be told, I actually enjoy this style of game much more than I have the previous C&C games. This is coming from a gamer who has played and owned StarCraft: Brood War, StarCraft 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Dawn of War 2, Company of Heroes, and all the Age of Empires games. This game takes the series down a more tactical route. There is more focus on army placement and management, and proper use of focus firing with the correct counter units. It has adopted the DoW style of gameplay with control nodes, which I also like, because it forces you out onto the map to engage in battle, rather than simply camping in your base for 15 minutes until its time to fight. The graphics are simply beautiful, and run smoothly on high settings, even on my par system. I give EA credit, as well, for the originality here. Mobile MCV's are a cool addition, and you'll find a plethora of very interesting unit abilities to micromanage. You'll also find strategically placed capturable turrets and Mutant Hovels, which are similar to mercenary camps in WarCraft 3. placed on most of the multiplayer maps.

Though the hotkeys are not customizable, you'll find most of them are mapped based on their position on the UI, which makes them easy to remember and get used to. There are a ton of units, all of which have their use, and the game is just plain fun. I actually stopped playing StarCraft 2 since I starting playing this game. It's not so fast paced that have a heart attack during every encounter, hence it gives you time to think about your moves and plan out strategies. The battles are fluent, and the unit pathing is smooth.

Again, excellent game despite the fanboy criticisms. Easily worth the money for any PC RTS fan.
  51. Oct 27, 2013
    Yeah, way to throw the baby out with the bath water here. The concept of the moving changeable base is ok enough but it's sadly not as good as the original base build structure. It wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing. Add to this the FMV which is sadly not as well acted or starred as the original games. It basically comes off like this... Imagine Star Wars VII came out and it was a madeYeah, way to throw the baby out with the bath water here. The concept of the moving changeable base is ok enough but it's sadly not as good as the original base build structure. It wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing. Add to this the FMV which is sadly not as well acted or starred as the original games. It basically comes off like this... Imagine Star Wars VII came out and it was a made for TV movie by the sci-fi channel. Pretty much like that. Expand
  52. Feb 29, 2012
    MAYBE, just maybe if it were not part of the "Command & Conquer TIBERIAN" series it would have done better. From a avid fan of the series since the beginning i can tell you that it is not what the series fans enjoy.
    But that being said, just like C&C Red Alert, this is different, and just like red alert, maybe this idea of no base building should have been used in another C&C series. If you forget about the base building, which is very hard to do because after all C&C is ALL ABOUT BASE BUILDING, than you might have a decent strategy game.
  53. Jul 21, 2012
    I really like this game, i know its not the traditional C&C game but its a change. I like what they did because it makes the game very fast paced, there is also a lot more action then the other games. People were getting mad because they were not changing the game and as soon as they did everyone got all mad, i give EA props for taking the risk. I love this game and its worth the time and money!
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    It was a bad game Command & Conquer series of large kedvencem.A biggest negative is that the material removed from the construction proceeds think it really should not have.
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is for those who like more action... a mix of RPG and RTS... I like both... the majority who voted negative probably never played.
    I just had bought the command conquer in playstation one a long time ago, because all versions are similar, but this caught my attention, thanks for that!
  56. Apr 19, 2014
    Command and Conquer 4 is by far the worst in the series. Yeah the graphics were nice but that couldn't mask just how poor the game was. Crawlers are ok, heck Id rather have one instead of an MCV because of the lasers but having a "class" that limits what units you can use? Having no buildings? Unit caps? A earn-points-to-win system? Sorry but I'm going back to my old tactic of plantingCommand and Conquer 4 is by far the worst in the series. Yeah the graphics were nice but that couldn't mask just how poor the game was. Crawlers are ok, heck Id rather have one instead of an MCV because of the lasers but having a "class" that limits what units you can use? Having no buildings? Unit caps? A earn-points-to-win system? Sorry but I'm going back to my old tactic of planting rigs everywhere back in C&C 3 or Spy and javelin APV tactic in RA3. Though saying this, the concept of the general ranks to unlock units In my opinion, was quite good and may have been a quite smart feature if the game itself had not been horrible.

Ps: Generals 2: A free game with a similar unlock system but buildings and no caps. Only problem I can see is micro transactions.

PPS: If EA had really wanted to they could have cut this game and restarted like other games. Still waiting for C&C: Renegade 2 and it's explanation of how the soviet union turned into NOD.
  57. Nov 15, 2015
    And just when you thought they couldn't make any worse crap, they come out with this. The Command and Conquer series has been on a steep decline since EA robbed it of any ambition, and this truly is the bottom of the gaming barrell, a nasty sludge no one should drink from.
    Personally, as someone who's first real love in gaming was Tiberium Sun, I'm aghast that someone has so totally ruined the series that I loved.
    Long ago I promised myself I'd never again give EA a dime, nor should anyone. Games aren't a commodity, they're supposed to be an art, a piece of individual and cooperative expression that allow the player to revel in seeing the world differently. This isn't, it's crap. Damn EA
  58. Sep 14, 2014
    I think I see a typo in the title there the command and conquer part doesn't seem to fit correctly.

I actually got this game twice funny story bought it brand new installed it started a game gave me a cute option to be attack defense or support im thinking ughm ok then selected one seen pop cap seen I couldn't really build bases like previous games and said well screw this not playing

I actually got this game twice funny story
    bought it brand new installed it started a game gave me a cute option to be attack defense or support im thinking ughm ok then selected one seen pop cap seen I couldn't really build bases like previous games and said well screw this not playing you no more so some may seen this as bias but theres more

went and got the ultimate collection which came with this garbage game again gave it a second chance graphics were well ok I suppose I think command and conquer 3 was tuned up a bit better especially how nice the tiberium fields looked and the ambience of the whole environment anyways enough about that so played it tried to give it a fair chance its user interface is changed for the worse I believe build style for the small handful of buildings similar to red alert 2 but worse (yes somehow over 10 years they made something worse that worked before) ontop of that it did not have a command and conquer feel to it felt like some cheap rip off like how flappy bird is to angry birds lol don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said by a angry crowd of 508 people

I would suggest look into a lot of gameplay for this game if it still somehow interests you maybe you may like it where most do not.
  59. Apr 19, 2015
    One of the best games series of all times, to be kicked on to its knees with googly units covered with nursery made honey and paper. It feels you are leading cartoon characters to fight! When units fire it does not feel like they do anything except maybe throwing paper planes. In previous C&C’s you could feel and hear a rocket being fired and rocket hitting the target. Here it feels thatOne of the best games series of all times, to be kicked on to its knees with googly units covered with nursery made honey and paper. It feels you are leading cartoon characters to fight! When units fire it does not feel like they do anything except maybe throwing paper planes. In previous C&C’s you could feel and hear a rocket being fired and rocket hitting the target. Here it feels that just a swarm of flies is flying around. In first C&C tanks where made of metal, exploding when destroyed and solders where dying when shoot at them. In Twilight you don’t notice when something is gone.
    No economy whatsoever – big critical part of the game missing. Everyone wants to collect tiberium, and have harvesters!
    Why to do something like this, I am playing it and will try to finish it through very painful gameplay just so I can see epic film scenes that are still surprisingly fantastic!!
    It seems that large companies all around world are unable to see why the first games where/are popular, like it is lost through machinery of offices and people that are trying to “better” something that is already unique. It is like someone took game of football and changed outfits in warm yellow/pink onesies filled with fluffy cotton and wool. Also installing seats on the field and sitting players down, only letting them throw the ball to each other without running or fighting for it with glows on and ball made of wool. You cannot beat first feeling I had when C&C was installed on my MS-DOS system but you could have continued it. EA has ripped its soul out that was created by the Westowood team. Why to destroy something beautiful?

3 points just for film cut scenes!
  60. Apr 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the worst Command and Conquer game that follows the Tiberium war to DATE, I heavily dis like the fact that you cannot build a base and you can only construct units from a single heavy walker and you have a little controlled zone, I just dont like it, its to controlling, you are very restricted on what you can do.

Its defiantly a real let down after Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath, if you to play any of Tiberium war games, Play Cnc 3 and its expansion Kane's Wrath.
  61. Oct 26, 2016
    As a standalone game this rather good- yes it is out of place regards C&C & westwood studios other goodies.
    Worked through the campaign found it compelling enough.
  62. Aug 23, 2015
    Brilliant story of Tiberium Wars has been ruined. Gameplay is nothing like it was before, it is complete cr@p in fact. Online only mode is also an annoying issue. I was hoping for great story continuation and epic/reasonable ending, but there was nothing like that. Super disappointing game for C&C Tiberium Wars fans, don't even bother watching youtube walkthroughs. I don't understand howBrilliant story of Tiberium Wars has been ruined. Gameplay is nothing like it was before, it is complete cr@p in fact. Online only mode is also an annoying issue. I was hoping for great story continuation and epic/reasonable ending, but there was nothing like that. Super disappointing game for C&C Tiberium Wars fans, don't even bother watching youtube walkthroughs. I don't understand how EA have messed up so bad, although I should not be surprised about that. Expand
  63. Sep 1, 2015
    This is what happens when EA tries to branch out into a genre they know nothing about; they f*** everything up. There is no strategy and the mechanics of the game have been dumbed down so badly that it's painful to play. EA needs to stick to their sports and first person shooters and stay the f*** away from RTS; because believe it or not, some of us like to use a little thought to play aThis is what happens when EA tries to branch out into a genre they know nothing about; they f*** everything up. There is no strategy and the mechanics of the game have been dumbed down so badly that it's painful to play. EA needs to stick to their sports and first person shooters and stay the f*** away from RTS; because believe it or not, some of us like to use a little thought to play a strategy game. Expand

1. It's nothing at all like Command & Conquer, but - eventually - it's a thoughtful and bombastic multiplayer RTS that's welcoming to everyone.
  2. Tiberian Twilight's online play and persistent unlocks make for short-term fun, but the mediocre campaign doesn't give Kane the send-off he deserved.
    It's clear that EA are onto something with their new-age C&C formula but, as it stands, the core needs a little work. The series, once the most explosive game of the medium, looks like it's going out with a whimper.