9.0

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Best expansion ever made. It adds so many new things to the base game that it is probably worth just as much. It is also one of the few games to have 3 singleplayer modes that are all very fun; campaign, generals challenges and skirmish give you plenty of options for replayability.

I played it first on Mac and then Windows and didn't encounter any game changing bugs as other people have
    said (only played singleplayer though). Expand
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    Very fun, great replay value
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    Great expansion to a great RTS, i love to play as GLA, because they can expand easily and this should run on most pc's (because it's kinda old). Recommended for all RTS lovers.
  4. May 30, 2013
    Great RTS game.
    Difirent generals bring lot to the game Challenge mode is nice plus Overall a solid C&C game
    Good skirmish Great multiplayer.
    Abit poor singleplayer but doesent matter so much.
  5. Jan 20, 2013
    This is great DLC for an already great RTS. This game shows people how good c&c can be. There are a few problems like balancing issues and the AI is not perfect however this game is a must buy for any RTS fans.
  6. Jan 1, 2012
    While this basicly is a decent addon it becomes hurtfully obvious that EA is mismanaging the C&C franchise releasing such games. First of all this game has basicly nothing to do with C&C. It is just named this way for marketing purposes. And as second this addon could have been outstanding if EA would have invested more in it. But they simply didnt. It got released with horrible bugs, a horrible cheating ai and plain retarded mistakes in campaigns scripts that simply should be impossible to happen. Like for example players starting base beeing set in the same corner of the map where the ai is repeatedly launching its super weapons from so the player can not defend himself against the attacks. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    I really wish I could love Zero Hour. It makes some fantastic additions to the game. The new units are cool, the generals add more variety,the new music is great and the new campaign missions and general challenges are wonderful. However, the game is crippled by bugs that EA has never bothered to fix. Some bugs are minor graphical glitches which are easy to dismiss, but others are major. Quite frequently the game will crash giving an error message that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game (which is completely false), sometimes all my units and buildings will blow up, and some maps just don't work. Also, USA AI dozers will frequently sit doing nothing for a while before building structures. Theres also issues with multiplayer, with opponents sometimes quitting the game admitting defeat but somehow the game gives them the win??? The game's balance is also way out, with some units clearly being overpowered (I'm looking at you GLA rocket soldiers and USA humvees/ambulances) When an opponent "Air Force" General gets nothing but humvees, you know something is wrong with the game's balance. A 1.05 community patch has been released for those inclined but it says a lot of EA when its the community that has to patch a game and not the developers themselves. Its such as shame really. Zero Hour has made some fantastic additions to the game but the game breaking bugs and poor balance tarnish the experience. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    I wouldn't trust the critics and users on this one, but I do agree on what PC Gamer said. This C&C game just got much buggier than Generals and is much worse on balanced gameplay when it comes to a dozen factions. EA never fixed the major AI bugs. The popularity on modding on Zero Hour was just unthinkable since you can't run several good mods at once, just one at a time. Even most Zero Hour mods are also buggy as well. If someone can manage to fix Zero Hour's major bugs and make a better balanced game, I could play this game all over again and play its mods. Expand

1. Given the little over a week that it took me to run through it all, I feel that this expansion pack is about average. It contains a few little tweaks that improve the game mechanics noticeably, though some of the more basic problems with C&C:G continue to shine through.
    The addition of the specialized generals, however, pushes this expansion set over the top. If you've already got Generals, you cannot go wrong with getting Zero Hour.
  3. Finally, an expansion that is a must have for every fan of the game. Quite simply, if you don't pick this up, you are definitely missing out!